Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Paradise Lost

Six weeks following Moloch’s defeat, Ichabod and Abbie encounter an angel, Orion, that they believe can help them. At first pleased by his arrival, the pair discovers Orion – and his true motivations – may not be as benevolent as first assumed. Meanwhile, Katrina searches for the humanity in Abraham.

• Love 1

Well at least Katrina finally admitted her role in Abraham’s demise. But Crane is going to leave Abby with a new supernatural being, albeit he’s an angel but an angel of God or the Devil, to run off and see what his estranged wife wants? Argh.

How the heck did an angel get locked in Purgatory? Why didn't Abby and Ichabod ask this obvious question? Why didn't Abby become suspicious when Orion said he broke ranks?Why did she just assume he was an angel of God? Don't the devil have angels too? Which begs the question as to why the witnesses have had no help from heaven when fighting this battle? While hell has allies literally coming out of the woodwork?

All that said...so finally we get something as intriguing as an angel and somehow TPTB manage to diminish his story to being about getting revenge on Headless, which ultimately leads back to the triangle from hell Crane/Katrina/Abraham? Are you kidding me?! They did somewhat recover from this by making the angel’s agenda be about his desire for power, which was interesting. However, him being powerless without his glowing halo was disappointing. Even Headless can kick ass without his ax.

Best thing about this episode - Learning Irving is alive and no Henry!

Edited by Enero
  • Love 7

So much love for this episode.  Of course, maybe I'm just mostly glad the show is back.  Also, I want to be Abbie Mills.  

ETA: I liked Orion so much I looked up the actor on IMDB.  I have not seen anything else he has done.  So many questions there too.  

• Love 3

Well, for a second I thought this show was going to turn into Supernatural for a second.  But, Orion is a full-fledged asshole in comparison to Castiel, who is just asshole-ish.  Also, Castiel looks like nice and cuddly, while Orion stole Xena's chakram.  Jerk.

Captain Irving's alive!  Yay!  But, from the next episode preview, he might get arrested again.  Boo!

And Ichabod's getting sick of Katrina!  Yay!  But she's not completely gone. Boo!

Jenny and Faux Sawyer need their own spin-off.  That is all.  And let Jenny keep that hairstyle!  I love it!

• Love 3

Hooray! Irving's still on the show! (Though I wonder how exactly he returned to Sleepy Hollow, and if he's mentally okay after whatever he's been through.)

"Our bond will not be broken." Talk about a jinxed statement. Why do I feel impending doom for Crane and Abbie?

I did like that Crane did not simply yield to anything his wife said, especially because she seemed manipulative. It was nice to see him hold firm to his position and his feelings and how he did not like her behavior and how she'd used their marriage in an attempt to manipulate him. Frankly, I'm interested to see how long she stays a "good" witch (if she was ever that, given how much she withheld from her own husband). I wonder if an eventual big battle will be between Crane/Abbie and Abraham/Katrina.

Side note: WTF! They finally come back from holiday break for one episode, and now they're going away again and we have to wait 2 more weeks for the next ep? Boooo.

• Love 3

I knew Irving was only mostly dead. That was the icing on the cake on a really cool episode.

I knew Orion was too good to be true. I've watched too much Supernatural, so I always think of angels as dicks. I thought it was a neat contrast with Abraham actually keeping his word and not killing anyone. The Horseman of Death actually had more honor than an angel. I actually kind of liked that. That being said, Abraham better be redeemed after all this damn effort.

I am so glad this show is back.

• Love 3

Jenny and Faux Sawyer need their own spin-off.  That is all.

I liked the fire between the two of them. Though I was surprised by his admission about still being interested in her. I thought for sure the writers were going to go with something really annoying, like him having a massive crush on Abbie and creating splintering between Abbie and her sister as a result. I'd much rather watch him try to get Jenny back (try, being the operative word). 

• Love 1

I thought it was a neat contrast with Abraham actually keeping his word and not killing anyone. The Horseman of Death actually had more honor than an angel.

I'm not sure I really saw him as anything close to honorable. He made that promise to Katrina, but would he have kept it if she hadn't been there and Crane hadn't reminded him that he wants to be some kind of "hero" at the end of all this? If Katrina hadn't shown up, I'm not sure anything would have convinced him not to try to kill both Crane and Abbie. He was losing his temper just like the angel Orion.

• Love 2

I actually enjoyed this episode. I was entertained.

The action was really good and I think the pacing was much better.

I don't quite understand how Hawley and Jenny fit into the episode though - at first they seemed connected but they were left off the end of the episode so I found myself not really understanding that part very well.

I liked that the show focused on Ichabbie in the beginning, even if the conversation did turn to CFD... I hope that gets fully resolved soon - it still drags the show.

I really liked Orion - but I had expected him to be around longer and for the show to get to his true goals much later - I was disappointed at how they handled that so quickly. I was also a bit uncomfortable with the way Orion was willing to sacrifice the good along with the bad - well, I'll be uncomfortable if we never see another angelic host... if that's all the representation angels get... bummer.

Also - one thing I noticed in this episode was the writing was much improved. There was a lot less propping up of Katrina in the way they'd done earlier this season - meaning, characters weren't running around extolling Katrina's virtues at every turn like in previous episodes where Ichabod and other characters did (making themselves look foolish).

Dare I say the writing felt a bit more balanced on that front... I really liked Abbie asserting that Death (Abraham) killed Corbin. She also voiced fan comments that if Katrina's stalling while she worked on a way to free Abraham resulted in loss of life, that was a non-starter. It was nice to see the writing not propping Katrina and allowing the character to be held responsible for her actions by the other characters rather than excused or venerated.

I also think that Goffman may have tweaked and reshot portions of this episode - Abbie's hair is a giveaway on that front... Plus, he may have learned that one way to improve Katrina's standing with fans is to voice some of the things we've been saying - her dialogue about how she and Ichabod's love was responsible for leading Abraham to being Death sounded like it was lifted directly from the boards/social media.

Katrina's wig is MUCH improved.

Also, it was gratifying to see that many of us were right in our theories that horsemen could be separated from their human hosts... I had been speculating and wishing that they could separate Henry from War so we could finally end the CFD (and get our bad guys back) ... looks like it's possible, though I'm not interested if it just prolongs CFD.

I feel kinda shiftless after the episode though - without the Apocalypse, the show feels a little like it has no real direction. Plus I'm disappointed that the whole Revelations angle has been dropped when they barely did anything with it. I mean, we're at episode 25 now - that's barely one full season.

• Love 4

I actually liked most of this episode.  I was so happy to see Irving at the end.  Abbie is still bad-ass and everything to me, and I really like that they gave Jenny something to do, too.  I'm glad to see she has a life and sometimes wears miniskirts and flirts with cute bartenders when she's not fighting evil w/ Team Witness.  And I'm still sick of that breathless, expressionless witch, but I felt like she was somewhat better integrated into this episode for the most part.  (Quick question: has anyone ever seen her smile or frown?)

And I like that Crane confronted Katrina for being manipulative and counterproductive to his and Abbie's fight against evil. I just want her to go away.  I'm also glad that Abbie took matters into her own hands finally and reached out to Orion instead of allowing herself to be out-voted and bullied by Katrina and Crane--even though it was a mistake to trust him.  She still had that little trinket he gave her at the end--I hope that means this isn't the end of Orion because this show desperately needs conflicts outside of the Henry/Katrina/Abraham/Crane effery.

Orion had me tense from his first appearance; I think the actor did a really good job because I immediately sensed there was something off with him.  When he said he was an angel, I immediately wondered what kind of angel he was.  The devil was once an angel, too--a  heavenly angel at that.  I wondered why they chose to trust him so quickly and why they didn't consider that he might be an angel from hell or be there to undermine or trick them.  I liked him, though, and think they should keep him around.  I find him more interesting and more complicated than Henry/Jeremy.

Edited by Aracely
  • Love 6

More good than bad for me.

Good:

Lots of Abbie and Crane interaction

Abbie still being the best even when she makes a mistake

No Henry

Hawley being into Jenny again (only because this take the squick of Hawley and the sisters off the table)

IRVING

Bad:

Abraham is the new Henry fight (even if Crane says it is different)

Katrina

Not so sure:

Orion (as a watcher of Supernatural I have become wary of Angels, they can start off strong but the writers tend to muck it up (still love you Castiel))

Edited by Kanner
  • Love 1

So much love for this episode.  Of course, maybe I'm just mostly glad the show is back.  Also, I want to be Abbie Mills.  

ETA: I liked Orion so much I looked up the actor on IMDB.  I have not seen anything else he has done.  So many questions there too.

I loved Orion - he was completely bad ass with that ring of power.

See what I did there? Heh.

• Love 4

Good to see you, Irving!

Hated how the stuff with Abraham went down, and this is coming from someone who wants him redeemed.  I just hate that they're trying to prove Katrina right at Abbie's expense.  Katrina, you don't get to whine that no one trusts you if you do stuff behind their backs, like releasing the Horseman before you have that important conversation with Ichabod and Abbie.

When Orion was all "And I'll kill the witch as well!"  I was thinking "Ok, this dude can stick around..."  But seriously, I wish he was a good guy.  Seems like every supernatural person they encounter is eeevil.

And Hawley, you don't get to be jealous of Jenny looking foxy and hitting on other guys when you were trying to eye f*ck her sister only a few weeks ago.

When Ichabod spoke Katrina in the beginning, he said "It's good to see you again."  Has he not been living in the cabin?

Also, how could Ichabod and Abbie understand Abraham in the end when he was yelling?  Shouldn't they have just seen him as Headless?  Or did Katrina use a spell?

• Love 2

For a moment I thought I was watching a high school production or something. I was bored during the episode. I honestly didn't understand this new world they were building. I keep thinking I must have missed something every time someone opened their mouth. And, then I thought…nah. The writers are just winging it as they go. 

Another bad guy gets neutered by Ichabod and Katrina's love. They actually had Katrina say our love can bring him back. LMAO! And, I used like the Horseman of Death soo much. sigh

Also, the look Katrina was throwing during Ichabod and Abbie's conversation screamed shady but this show would never go there.

Abbie looked soo badass when she was fighting those demons.  

• Love 2

When Ichabod spoke Katrina in the beginning, he said "It's good to see you again."  Has he not been living in the cabin?

No, he's been living at the archives. He and Katrina have been "separated" for 6 weeks. I'm sure they'll be right as rain in the next episode... just in time for something crazy to happen with her powers and start up CFD Part Deux!

Also, how could Ichabod and Abbie understand Abraham in the end when he was yelling?  Shouldn't they have just seen him as Headless?  Or did Katrina use a spell?

This I have no clue about.

• Love 1

They actually did it. Had Abbie say Katrina was right...Fuckers.

I really could have done without that, It was clunky and not really accurate. It would have been better if she had said "it worked out in our favour that Katrina freed the horseman", because really, what the wig-stand did was a coin flip as to whether the murderous rage-monkey ex-fiancee who went evil after she jilted him would keep his word to her. As we saw, he was barely capable of keeping to his promise.

I enjoy that Ichabod can't trust her shady behind.

She's sticking to the skinny jeans and corset look I see, I guess because it's just so damn comfortable?. That thing laces up the back. How on earth does she get it on properly? Oh yeah that's right Katrina is a witch, she probably has some sort of do up my underwear-I'm wearing-on-the-outside  spell. She really knows all the important magic.

So glad there was no Henry. 

Jenny and Faux Sawyer need their own spin-off.  That is all.  And let Jenny keep that hairstyle!  I love it!

They have a wonderful dynamic, even if the guy is an unoriginal amalgam of Harrison Ford characters, he entertains me, especially in scenes with Jenny. Their scenes had the feel of being reshoots added after the episode was written and filmed. However they didn't stick out like a sore thumb and I found them enjoyable.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 4

Maybe I've seen too much Supernatural, but I'm kind of over angels with questionable motivations. For once I'd like to see an angel as a powerful warrior of God.

Yeah - that bummed me out too. And they outed him so quickly that I didn't even get a chance to bask in the denial at all, lol. I guess maybe that's not the last we'll see of Orion, but man - he was so awesome with that ring thing... kinda mad we won't be seeing that again...

I enjoy that Ichabod can't trust her shady behind.

That gave the episode a ring of realism to me - it felt less forced.

She's sticking to the skinny jeans and corset look I see, i guess because it's just so damn comfortable?. That thing laces up the back. How on earth does she get it on properly? Oh yeah that''s right Katrina is a witch , she probably has some sort of do up my underwear-on-the-outside magic spell. She really knows all the important magic.

I hadn't thought of how she got that thing on - just that she looked really uncomfortable in it! At one point when she was walking she was kinda stooped and I thought - KW must be dying in that thing.

• Love 4

Eh... not a bad return, but still not my favorite.  I think I just found it way too predictable.  I knew that Orion was going to end up being bad news, and that it was a case of waiting till they find out.  And, of course, this meant that Abbie had to be the one in the wrong, while Katrina was right.  Again, I got it, show.  At least Ichabod didn't just automatically take a side, and seem to finally get pissy with his witchy wife, and how she acts.  Manipulating things just seems to be in her nature.  I just wished I cared more about their marriage, but I don't.

Still, Max Brown was good as Orion.  I remember him also being decent enough in that hilariously bad Beauty & the Beast show.  I won't be against a return, as long as they don't do it all the damn time.

At least Jenny is around, but she's just stuck with Hawley, instead of the main cast.  It could have been worse, I guess.

Not surprised Frank isn't dead, but I'm glad.  And, since Orion claimed that a bunch of folks escaped Purgatory, I hope that means old Andy Brooks is out there somewhere.  Sadly, I suspect it's more likely that Henry is the one that is probably out there.

So, know they are thinking about redeeming Abraham?  Like Abbie, he's dead to me after what happened to poor Corbin.  But, mainly, I'm against it, because I love Headless way too much.  Resist, Headless!  Prove Katrina wrong!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7

I loved Orion - he was completely bad ass with that ring of power.

See what I did there? Heh.

The "ring of power" was his halo.  Apparently angels use their halos to kill the fuck out of things.

Still, Orion was no Castiel, who really gave off that "yeah, I've nuked a couple of cities and killed some firstborn in my time, what of it?" vibe when he was introduced on Supernatural.

• Love 5

No, he's been living at the archives. He and Katrina have been "separated" for 6 weeks. I'm sure they'll be right as rain in the next episode... just in

time for something crazy to happen with her powers and start up CFD Part Deux!

Wait, he was actually living in the archives?  I just thought Abbie meant he was setting up shop there.  That's really backwards.

Jenny gets Crawley. Crane and Katrina kind of reunite. Abbie stands alone!? WTH. When is Abbie getting a love interest? 

Later on this season.  Sharif Atkins' character is going to be her new love interest.  He's a former Navy Seal and a photojournalist.

• Love 1

Wait, he was actually living in the archives?  I just thought Abbie meant he was setting up shop there.

I didn't realize it until I saw the makeshift bed in the stacks behind them. And then Abbie thoughtfully knocked on the divider between the study area and Crane's little bedroom area and asked if she could come in. I thought that was cute.

• Love 5

One more thing... Ichabod saying to Abbie that "our bond cannot be broken"... um - I wish he hadn't said that... I just don't believe him when he does... it feels like the only way it "cannot be broken" is when Abbie doesn't make waves.

Ichabod goes back on his word or chooses others over her constantly...

Although perhaps the writers meant for that to be resolved with both of them saying they hoped the other didn't think they were "taking the side" of Orion/Katrina against one another.

Did anyone else catch Orion's statement that the Witnesses were only called to "witness" and not necessarily to fight? And Abbie said that it didn't look like there was a choice in the matter... and Orion answered saying something else - but that bit intrigued me... what did that mean? Or was it just a throwaway line to support Orion's story and why he's a "zealot"?

• Love 4

I've about had it with the Crane family dynamic and Abbie being "wrong" the past two weeks.  They need to move on from it.  They need to also make up their mind with Headless.

I did think bringing an angel into the mix was pretty damn cool though.  The opening scenes with Ichabod and Abbie hunting down evil was a lot of fun.  Irving is still alive, another plus.  And damn, Jenny looks good dressed up!

• Love 3

The "ring of power" was his halo.  Apparently angels use their halos to kill the fuck out of things.

Still, Orion was no Castiel, who really gave off that "yeah, I've nuked a couple of cities and killed some firstborn in my time, what of it?" vibe when he was introduced on Supernatural.

Ohhh that's right it was his halo...

I still get a kick out of referring to it as a "ring of power".

*crickets*

Okay I CANNOT be the only LOTR fan here!

• Love 8

However, him being powerless without his glowing halo was disappointing. Even Headless can kick ass without his ax.

I really liked Orion - but I had expected him to be around longer and for the show to get to his true goals much later - I was disappointed at how they handled that so quickly.

Was he really powerless? Or just weaponless and outmanoeuvred? The way he flew away at the end of the battle screamed "I'll be back" to me.

• Love 4

Dear Katrina, I know you think it's your fault that your ex-fiance went all crazy and pledged himself to Moloch, but it's not actually your fault. That asshole went and got his head cut off all by himself instead of just getting drunk and going to bed with a floozy which is what most men would have done after they'd been jilted by a pretty woman. Therefore you are not bound by either karma or good form to fix the mess he got his own grown-ass man self into. He's a bad guy now. Stop being codependent and start acting like the super-witch everyone keeps telling us you are.

• Love 23

Later on this season.  Sharif Atkins' character is going to be her new love interest.  He's a former Navy Seal and a photojournalist.

Thanks for the info. This totally works for me.

• Love 1

"Our bond will not be broken." Except that that stupid jerk breaks it in every episode by siding with StruggleWitch. Adding insult to injury, they had Abbie propping her up again!

So how predictable was the episode? Another episode centered on StruggleWitch, in which everyone kept talking about her if she wasn't present on a scene. Abbie continues to be proven wrong. New allies or friends for Abbie? Sorry no, she can only have one disloyal partner. She must remain isolated at all costs. Ichy, as always, is all words with Abbie, but when it counts still sides with StruggleWitch about everything. Same old same old about the Cranes, lots of petty arguments, but nothing changes. StruggleWitch does something stupid? Abbie is there to praise her and let the audience know how right and useful she is.

The only good surprise was Frank's appearance, which I didn't expect this soon. I thought it would happen next episode at the soonest.

So now Nick is moving on to the next Mills sister, after Abbie rejected him? Seriously? Ew! But also a completely uninteresting plot.

"Witness represent" I cringed.

• Love 4

Did anyone else catch Orion's statement that the Witnesses were only called to "witness" and not necessarily to fight? And Abbie said that it didn't look like there was a choice in the matter... and Orion answered saying something else - but that bit intrigued me... what did that mean? Or was it just a throwaway line to support Orion's story and why he's a "zealot"?

This intrigued me as well. Though I can't imagine what would be the point of two people being called to witness the apocalypse. Who are they going to witness to about it once it's over? Everyone will be dead. Furthermore, with it being the apocalypse wouldn't there be numerous people around to witness it? Unless he kind of meant that their status as witnesses meant they'd be foretelling the coming of the end of days to those who will listen.

Was he really powerless? Or just weaponless and outmanoeuvred? The way he flew away at the end of the battle screamed "I'll be back" to me.

Oh I think he'll definitely be back and I'm calling it now, he (along with the CFD), will destroy the bond between Crane and Abbie.

Remember she still has his calling card, which may serve as more than just a way to contact him.

• Love 3

This intrigued me as well. Though I can't imagine what would be the point of two people being called to witness the apocalypse. Who are they going to witness to about it once it's over? Everyone will be dead. Furthermore, with it being the apocalypse wouldn't there be numerous people around to witness it? Unless he kind of meant that their status as witnesses meant they'd be foretelling the coming of the end of days to those who will listen.

Biblically it does mean the latter - "Witnessing" means you tell others of what you witnessed - in the bible, they tell of the goodness and rightness of God. Their purpose is to bring souls to repent and to God...

So - I couldn't tell if Orion meant that or what... it kinda felt like he was saying that purpose (described in the bible) wasn't good enough to defeat the forces of evil... almost like he (as an angel) doesn't know how it all turns out (which it spells out what's supposed to happen in the Bible - that the battle is already won (by God))...

I sometimes wonder if the writers dropped the whole biblical angle because they really don't like touching religion unless they can "folklorize" it.

Oh I think he'll definitely be back and I'm calling it now, he (along with the CFD), will destroy the bond between Crane and Abbie.

Remember she still has his calling card, which may serve as more than just a way to contact him.

Yeah - but given how Abbie now seems to have his number - how could he possibly come between them? Well unless Abbie is inclined to trust him - but I kinda think Orion would be mad at Abbie at this point... unless her "chat" with him brings him back to his original "angelic" purpose.

I'm mad his halo (ring of power!) has been destroyed.

Edited by phoenics

Yeah, I'm thinking that Abbie is holding onto that for a reason, and she probably won't tell Ichabod that she still has it, because that means Katrina could find out.

Something I noticed was that Ichabod mentioned that he needs to find a job.  I'm thinking that he didn't see himself surviving the Apocalypse, but now that Moloch is gone, and his status as a Witness is uncertain, he needs to be self-sufficient.

• Love 2

One more thing... Ichabod saying to Abbie that "our bond cannot be broken"... um - I wish he hadn't said that... I just don't believe him when he does... it feels like the only way it "cannot be broken" is when Abbie doesn't make waves.

At this point, I think he's mocking her. There is no way he's saying all that crap seriously.

Talking about the Cranes and their crap, when StruggleWitch said she helped them, when they came to her, my jaw dropped at the sheer disrespect from these writers. Yeah, that's what I've been watching all this season, StruggleWitch helping them. Wow.

• Love 2

As we found out on Constantine a couple of episodes back, Black wings= Evil, apparently, and White wings = Good.

Still not sure how to feel other than glad Abby got some attention, and Frank is back!  (Milk Council must be behind FOX shows having people go through traumas then turn to milk, even though Gotham came up with a reason, in-story.)

Why is Hawley around? Why doesn't Jenny have a secret cache of insane mystical artifacts of her own-- like Corbin seemed to have her set up to be doing-- instead of Mr. "Shiftless"?  We don't need Hawley, at least not this soon and  written like a tool.

• Love 7

Another episode centered on StruggleWitch, in which everyone kept talking about her if she wasn't present on a scene.

I can't entirely agree that the episode centred on her, but she was over-featured and as usual her presence felt contrived, awkward and often unnecessary..  A huge problem to me is the need to have other characters talk about her when she is not present. It is galling. I think that  chatter actually unbalances the show more than their overuse of her very dull character.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 3

Biblically it does mean the latter - "Witnessing" means you tell others of what you witnessed - in the bible, they tell of the goodness and rightness of God. Their purpose is to bring souls to repent and to God...

So - I couldn't tell if Orion meant that or what... it kinda felt like he was saying that purpose (described in the bible) wasn't good enough to defeat the forces of evil... almost like he (as an angel) doesn't know how it all turns out (which it spells out what's supposed to happen in the Bible - that the battle is already won (by God))...

I sometimes wonder if the writers dropped the whole biblical angle because they really don't like touching religion unless they can "folklorize" it.

Yeah - but given how Abbie now seems to have his number - how could he possibly come between them? Well unless Abbie is inclined to trust him - but I kinda think Orion would be mad at Abbie at this point... unless her "chat" with him brings him back to his original "angelic" purpose.

I'm mad his halo (ring of power!) has been destroyed.

One thing that was heavily hammered on was the idea of shifting alliances in war.  This episode they teamed up with Headless to prevent an Angelocalypse.  Abbie kept Orion's charm because, well, you never know when a crazy, zealous, evil-smiting renegade angel might coming in handy against something worse.

As for Abbie's "Katrina was right" she was right - about that fairly limited circumstance.  Yes, it was a good thing that Katrina released Headless and prevented Orion from executing him and enacting the Angelocalypse.  However, it was also pretty clear that Katrina was wrong to try to guilt Ichabod into helping save Abraham, that it's quite probably wrong of her to believe that Abraham really wants to change and that the only reason that Abraham didn't murder Ichabod and Abbie after they saved was that Katrina got there to hold him to his promise.  As is, yes the Angelocalypse has been foiled for now, but the Horseman of Death is free and only his somewhat untrustworthy word holds him back from murdering other people.

As for everyone being able to see Abraham's head, that only occurred when Katrina arrived.  Remember that in the last episode she boosted the enchantment on her locket to allow everyone else to see and hear Abraham as well as herself.  Presumably that enchantment has a fairly localized area of effect since Abraham quickly became Headless as the group was leaving the Carriage House.

• Love 6

I just want to know if Katrina has been shopping at Hot Topic in the last six weeks or what. Crane seems to like his getup, and I like him in anything he wears, but Katrina could at least put on something more comfy and warm. Can't she wear something besides goth club wear?

• Love 5
I thought it looked like Irving had crawled out of the Earth, like after being buried.

Well geez, they coulda buried him with shoes on! And in his uniform! 

Not a bad episode. They continue to retro Katrina's mighty powers--she binds Horsemen! Whatever!--and I'd never thought I'd say this but this would have been the perfect time for them to hunt for HENRY. Katrina's constant babblings about him not being beyond redemption has some basis in fact for once, seeing as he axed Moloch, stopped/delayed Judgement Day, and saved all their lives. But no, let's switch over to the whole "I'm guilty of everything! Everything's my fault! This all revolves around me!" crap of saving Abraham. Granted, they already had Abe tied up and at her disposal but GOOD LORD, WOMAN. The man basically bought you! Aren't you supposed to be a free thinking witch? 

I have the same problem with Katrina that I do with Barbara over on Gotham. They are Stupid Sponge characters, put there to make the dumb decisions that move the plot forward but not given any chance to perform the motivation scenes that make their motives make any sense.

Katrina, on paper, has plenty of reason to act the way she does. She's been imprisoned in Purgatory for over two hundred years, her son, whom she was forced to abandon, grew up to be the servant of a demon, and her jilted fiance' did the same. Her spell over Ichabod may have helped unleash some of these evil forces. I'd be second-guessing my moves and guilt ridden with that kind of past, and eager to put things right; so eager that I might make choices that made sense only to me.

But that only works if the audience can see the through line. All we see are the results--Katrina doing whatever the hell she does in one moment or another, the other characters sweeping up, and then telling each other how great she is. 

• Love 3

Not here for Peyton's stalker from One Tree Hill.

THAT'S where I know him from! Thanks, that was driving me crazy.

Also, the skip for next week is because the NCAA football championship bowl game is on. That's all good but I would have preferred that they just waited and came back in two weeks instead of this we're back! Oh but not really ha ha, not for another two weeks.

I quite loved Ichabod giving Katrina hell for being deceitful once again and for shutting down her attempt to get him to stay with her.

Edited by missbonnie

She's sticking to the skinny jeans and corset look I see, I guess because it's just so damn comfortable?. That thing laces up the back. How on earth does she get it on properly? Oh yeah that's right Katrina is a witch, she probably has some sort of do up my underwear-I'm wearing-on-the-outside  spell. She really knows all the important magic.

Not to defend Katrina, but it actually isn't that hard to lace ones self into a corset, especially if it has stays in the front. She probably just loosens the ties in the back and and opens the stays. The ties can be tightened again without help as long as they are laced in a certain way. A properly fitting corset can actually be comfortable. Source: I'm a former Ren Faire actor and owner of 2 steel boned corsets.

• Love 5

Hey, the episode was actually...kinda enjoyable! I especially enjoyed Abbie questioning Orion about God and the meaning of our existence, getting frustrated by his lack of response, and then exasperatedly asking him if he had at least seen any dinosaurs. Heh.

Max Brown was good (and hot) as Orion and I did enjoy his storyline, but I wish that he had been introduced in an earlier episode. If he had made sporadic appearances throughout the season (perhaps saving our witnesses asses, but being otherwise enigmatic), the reveal of his plans here would have made much more impact. Of course, we probably didn't have enough time to pepper him into the other episodes. We might have had to cut some of the Crane Family Drama and we couldn't have that, now could we?

Hawley suddenly wanting more with Jenny came out of nowhere, but I do like them together and am glad that his crush on Abbie has quietly been retconned out of existence. I wish the show remembered that Jenny is a badass relic hunter in her own right though. I wouldn't mind them working together as equal partners, complementing and filling in the gaps of each other's knowledge/abilities. Right now though, it's like Jenny is always going to him for items and information which is irritating. 

Are we allowed to talk about next week's promo in the episode thread? 

Was that Father Chainslinger I spied?

• Love 7
Max Brown was good (and hot) as Orion

He was good. Best Crazy Eyes since Ben Browder. And for once Katrina's instincts were right--she could see pretty easily that he was a few cards short, having been hanging around Purgatory for a while herself. "Um, guys? This guy doesn't seem all there. And what's left is pretty intense."

I did like how his zealotry took a depressingly familiar form; my methods don't work? Double down! When he was raving about Adam and Eve, the Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, I wanted Abby to point out that those so-called "cleansings" didn't actually change anything. Good people, bad people--they both kept on going after each disaster. If Orion's methods are so fab, why is there evil on earth left at all?

• Love 1