Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

The trailer for Hacksaw Ridge.  Definitely has Oscar bait all over it.  But still, it made me tear up.  I just hope they look past Mel Gibson and at least give Andrew Garfield a look.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1

Dunkirk looks good. Nolan's last efforts were mostly mediocre IMO (though entertaining) but I like that he seems to branch out with this. New actors, new genre, maybe he can get out of his comfort zone.

I don't know how you can judge Dunkirk based on...whatever that was.

Hacksaw Ridge looks like a parody of award bait movies...he goes into war without guns? I'm sure it's based on a true story but it still sounds stupid.

3 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

I don't know how you can judge Dunkirk based on...whatever that was.

Hacksaw Ridge looks like a parody of award bait movies...he goes into war without guns? I'm sure it's based on a true story but it still sounds stupid.

If you consider conscientious objection stupid.

• Love 1

I'm so excited for Moana. Finally we get a sense of her character and she seems pretty awesome. I really like the whisper chanting. Plus Lin is going to EGOT with this movie and that is enough to get me hyped. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Bad Santa 2 Official Red Band Teaser Trailer 

RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER

"Final Chapter" is a meaningless term in an industry that is so hungry for established properties that they give us Bad Santa 2. 

I'd say that it looks like a typical Oscar hopeful, but they are releasing it in Jan. of 2017.  Not the best time to release a movie in the hopes of getting nominations.  I think it looks pretty good and am looking forward it.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I'd say that it looks like a typical Oscar hopeful, but they are releasing it in Jan. of 2017.  Not the best time to release a movie in the hopes of getting nominations.  I think it looks pretty good and am looking forward it.

Couldn't they do a Christmas release, so it's in Oscar contention?

47 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Couldn't they do a Christmas release, so it's in Oscar contention?

I haven't heard much about the movie.  Either they never planned on opening it in the fall or early winter or something happened and the release got pushed.

12 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

It's rumored to have a qualifying run in December: different from a limited release that officially opens in a few big cities before expanding, a qualifying run is just to meet Oscar eligibility requirements (that it screened for a certain number of days in the LA area during the calendar year) and the box office isn't reported. Hidden Figures is probably being released in January to take advantage of the MLK holiday. 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 5
On June 25, 2016 at 2:32 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

Yes, this is a definitely a "Who asked for this?" type of sequel.

Speaking of things I can't imagine anyone asking for, is it just me, or does War Dogs look soul-crushingly stupid and wrong? I don't remember ever feeling so appalled by the bare idea of a movie before. I've sat through the trailer a couple of times now (why you got to do me that way, Star Trek Beyond and Ghostbusters?) and I just ... I can't process how horrendous and fundamentally insulting it feels. Pretty sure movie trailers aren't supposed to fill one with revulsion. It certainly disposes me to think ill of both Jonah Hill and Miles Teller to a degree that I don't think I have before -- and I sat through Fantastic Four!

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7
On August 16, 2016 at 9:26 PM, Sandman said:

Speaking of things I can't imagine anyone asking for, is it just me, or does War Dogs look soul-crushingly stupid and wrong? I don't remember ever feeling so appalled by the bare idea of a movie before. I've sat through the trailer a couple of times now (why you got to do me that way, Star Trek Beyond and Ghostbusters?) and I just ... I can't process how horrendous and fundamentally insulting it feels. Pretty sure movie trailers aren't supposed to fill one with revulsion. It certainly disposes me to think ill of both Jonah Hill and Miles Teller to a degree that I don't think have before -- and I sat through Fantastic Four!

I am afraid it will just have Wolf of Wall Street effect where people see douche-iness as being super cool and fun.

• Love 1

I fear that exact thing. But I read an interview today that suggests that Hill at least understands that the audience ought to discern that the characters' inexhaustible self-regard is being satirized rather than celebrated. (I have another, more deeply-seated fear that the ostensibly satirical purpose here is in fact an empty promise, and the movie-makers secretly think these two characters, morally stunted oxygen-squanderers that they are, are awesome bros.)

Edited by Sandman

I like Ryan gosling, I like Emma Stone, but why do they keep starring in movies together? Who asked for this?

Originally it was going to star Miles Teller and Emma Watson. He got offered the part when he was working on director Damien Chazelle's film Whiplash. Then just before filming they decided to go with Gosling instad.  Miles was a bit...miffed when he found out he was being replaced. In an Esquire article:

"I got a call from my agent, saying, 'Hey, I just got a call from Lionsgate. Damien told them that he no longer thinks you're creatively right for the project. He's moving on without you.' " So he sent him a text: What the fuck, bro?"

Edited by VCRTracking
On 2016-08-23 at 2:36 PM, JessePinkman said:

I like Ryan gosling, I like Emma Stone, but why do they keep starring in movies together? Who asked for this?

I actually really liked them both in Crazy Stupid Love and think they have a lot of chemistry with one another. It's obvious from interviews that they enjoy working together as well. They both also seem to have good relationships with more indie/art house directors too.

5 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Originally it was going to star Miles Teller and Emma Watson. He got offered the part when he was working on director Damien Chazelle's film Whiplash. Then just before filming they decided to go with Gosling instad.  Miles was a bit...miffed when he found out he was being replaced. In an Esquire article:

Is it me or does Miles Teller always come off as an ass in his interviews? Not just his face. I don't know who keeps trying to make him happen.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Athena said:

I actually really liked them both in Crazy Stupid Love and think they have a lot of chemistry with one another. It's obvious from interviews that they enjoy working together as well. They both also seem to have good relationships with more indie/art house directors too.

Is it me or does Miles Teller always come off as an ass in his interviews? Not just his face. I don't know who keeps trying to make him happen.

FTFY.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:12 PM, Athena said:

Miles Teller seriously has no self awareness.  Hey Miles, maybe the director replaced you because you showed your ass while doing press for Whiplash and decided that while your a good actor your not worth the antics.  I swear as talented as Miles is people will really begin to grow tired of his shit.  

• Love 1

I've seen two trailers this weekend and I guess I'm a total softie - they both had me in tears.   (Though one is about dogs and those will get me every time.)

Lion, starring Dev Patel (looks like it might be good)

A Dog's Purpose - Could be a schmaltzy tearjerker and nothing more - hard to tell)

23 hours ago, amaranta said:

I've seen two trailers this weekend and I guess I'm a total softie - they both had me in tears.   (Though one is about dogs and those will get me every time.)

Lion, starring Dev Patel (looks like it might be good)

A Dog's Purpose - Could be a schmaltzy tearjerker and nothing more - hard to tell)

I couldn't watch A Dog's Purpose in a theater. It would be at home, on the couch surrounded by tissue boxes. Even if I know that it's a manipulative schmaltzy film, I can't help it. I'll be an ugly crying sobbing mess.

• Love 3

I couldn't watch A Dog's Purpose in a theater. It would be at home, on the couch surrounded by tissue boxes. Even if I know that it's a manipulative schmaltzy film, I can't help it. I'll be an ugly crying sobbing mess.

And I'd be doing the same.  I actually haven't decided if I'll see it.  I still haven't recovered from My Dog Skip and that was 16 or 17 years ago!

Goat. I'd only watch it if there's a chance at some latent frat boy homoerotic scenes. The lead otherwise isn't cute enough for me to watch it like the guys of Everybody Wants Some were. (I do like Nick Jonas, but still, I'd only watch if there's a chance we can see him suck face with another guy in it.)

I used to read this old internet serialized story called Fraternity Memoirs, about a guy who joins a frat and starts having sex with another one of the members, and because of that, I always figured all frat boys are at least a little gay. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
23 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I used to read this old internet serialized story called Fraternity Memoirs, about a guy who joins a frat and starts having sex with another one of the members, and because of that, I always figured all frat boys are at least a little gay. LOL.

There are so many ways to talk about the inherent homoeroticism of frats my brain just exploded.

Edited by dusang

When I started watching the trailer, I was hoping that GOAT would be a satirical takedown of frat culture.

Then Franco showed up, the music changed and I realized it was a glorification of it.

Good job by the people who edited the trailer. . . I guess.