Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

I think 'All Eyes On Me' could be very interesting. .. however I'm really distracted by the fact that the actor they got to play Tupac in 'Straight Outta Compton ' was a better likeness. 

ETA: and speaking of Straight Outta Compton, while I watched the whole trailer for 'Detroit ' I'm not sure I can go to a theatre and watch Eazy E die again.

Edited by raezen
  • Love 2
On 4/13/2017 at 5:09 PM, BetterButter said:

Enter the Warriors Gate 

Sooo. . . white guy goes to a mythical China and saves the day.

I admit, I was willing to buy that back in the eighties with Big Trouble in Little China, but now?

Hard pass.

23 hours ago, DollEyes said:

I loved the Detroit trailer because it made me uncomfortable. To quote the old saying, "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it." 

Agreed, I just don't have the emotional stamina right now.

• Love 3

I thought Baby Driver, all Eyez on Me and The Hitmans bodyguard look reasonably decent. The rest I'm meh on. As already said I don't think I can handle Detroit emotionally right now so while I will watch it eventually it just won't be right away.

On ‎03‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, vibeology said:

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with working for money. Sometimes you take a part because you need a paycheck and sometimes you take a part because you're interested in the story. Neither is wrong.

Sir Laurence Olivier once said he did Inchon because the Moonies paid him a lot of money to do it.  I've always respected his honesty.  It's the big paycheck crap that makes the good stuff possible for a lot of actors.

I have to confess: every time I see the commercial for Amy Schumer's new movie, I wanna go all Elvis on my tv.  She's the most obnoxious person I've ever had the displeasure of seeing on a tv or movie screen, and that commercial is the epitome of why.

• Love 4
On 4/20/2017 at 1:41 PM, BetterButter said:

THE BEGUILED

I've never been super huge on Sofia Coppola, but this looks intriguing, and I'm down for 2017 being the year of Nicole Kidman.

15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The Little Hours

Warning, this is a Red Band trailer, and its R rating is very well deserved, but it looks funny as hell.

That looks like one joke stretched beyond the breaking point.

• Love 2

I think I'm easy because I started laughing out loud once the I Will Always Love You song came on in The Hitman's Bodyguard.  Extra props if they fall in love in this movie too.

That looks like one joke stretched beyond the breaking point.

I'm not even sure what it's about which isn't great for a trailer.  I do think some of the people in it are funny but I couldn't latch onto the humor which might work better in movie form than trailer form.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Full trailer for Kingsman" The Golden Circle.  A bit of a spoiler at the end.  Curious to see what the explanation will be.

They have actually been upfront that "so and so" will be back.  They have publicized his involvement since announcing the sequel.  The only unknown is "how?".

On 4/23/2017 at 6:51 PM, Irlandesa said:

I think I'm easy because I started laughing out loud once the I Will Always Love You song came on in The Hitman's Bodyguard.  Extra props if they fall in love in this movie too.

That's what won me over at the cinema too. The movie mostly looks like Reynolds and Jackson playing themselves within the context of the situation, but the song choice convinced me these are filmmakers whose vision I'll enjoy.

I hope they have a scene of Reynolds admiringly looking through crime scene photos of Jackson's work with "I Will Run to You" playing in the background.

• Love 2

47 Meters Down a.k.a. "Well, The Shallows did better then expected, so instead of Blake Lively vs. a serial killer shark, why not have Mandy Moore and Claire Holt take on a whole fucking PACK of sharks?!!"  If this does well, I so we think we will be getting yearly "starlets face off shark" movies.  Although, my initial reaction to this was that if they characters somehow survive, Matthew Modine's captain is so getting a massive lawsuit dumped on his ass!

On 4/26/2017 at 0:39 PM, dusang said:

Other than the Kingsman standard-issue glasses frames being a little ugly, I love everything about this.

A very young Martin Sheen was in an original Mission:Impossible episode and he looked very much like a Kingsman, right down to the glasses.

Wild Night: OK, we've had CSI-type shows for decades now, shouldn't everyone know by now that in case of accidental death, just back off and call the cops? You will get caught, and the "hijinks" will not actually be funny - they weren't funny before CSI.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hate the proposed title, but Edge of Tomorrow was probably my favorite film of 2014. I don't expect a release before 2019, but still will look forward to the sequel.  

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I hate the proposed title, but Edge of Tomorrow was probably my favorite film of 2014. I don't expect a release before 2019, but still will look forward to the sequel.  

I know.  Apparently, after the fact, they thought Edge of Tomorrow was bad and tried to rebrand by focusing on the Live. Die. Repeat. tagline which made sense given the content, although I think Edge of Tomorrow is the better title.  But Live Die Repeat and Repeat is not good/too cutesy. 

That said, even though the genre isn't my thing, I ended up loving the movie.

16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I know.  Apparently, after the fact, they thought Edge of Tomorrow was bad and tried to rebrand by focusing on the Live. Die. Repeat. tagline which made sense given the content, although I think Edge of Tomorrow is the better title.  But Live Die Repeat and Repeat is not good/too cutesy. 

That said, even though the genre isn't my thing, I ended up loving the movie.

I've read more than once that Edge of Tomorrow sounded like a soap opera and presumably put people off the film.  Not sure I agree with that, and I don't think the title of the Japanese novel, All You Need is Kill, would have worked much better. There is plenty of time to change the title, and I hope they do. 

• Love 1

Battle of the Sexes starring Steve Carell and Emma Stone as Bobby Riggs and Billie Jean King:

War For the Planet of the Apes trailer 3

Good Time starring Robert Pattinson:

Baywatch redband trailer:

I'm into The Beguiled in theory... but actuality it'll either be too much horror or too boring. I've been burned before. Still, period costumes, Nicole Kidman, Colin Farrell... they know how to get me. In the beginning I thought it would be like the Fassbender Jane Eyre but the revenge horror thing is less interesting to me unless they've got a social commentary message behind it. Is it based on a book?

The Little Hours looks real dumb. I'm not too into the raunchy comedies but it's a good cast. I'm curious how it's based on the Decameron. Hopefully with those actresses it's at least not going to be misogynistic even if I'm not sure if it's funny so much as outrageous.

Beatriz at Dinner... my hope is that they're keeping most of the plot out of the trailer. The part where she teaches him a lesson or there's some resolution. Because if it's just an awkward dinner party... I'll pass.

The Bad Batch... I hope it's one of those arthouse movies with something to say and not just an exploitative series of cool images.

Battle of the Sexes... yes, it's Hollywood history. But I do think the filmmaking is interesting enough that it's not completely commercial. And I think it's smart for Emma Stone to "transform" a little to avoid over exposure after that Oscar season and all the campaigning. The script might be the letdown there but I'll probably check it out.

OK Baywatch... you got me. I do think it was trying a little hard to be outrageous but the actors made it work. I'm not sure why they wrote Dwayne Johnson's character as so bro-y as that's not really his movie star persona.

Wind River

I'm in.  After Sicario and Hell or High Water, I will see anything written by Taylor Sheridan, and I'm equally curious to see how he fares as a director.  Plus some of my favorite character Native American actors like Graham Greene and Gil Birmingham (who was in Hell or High Water too.)

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Trini said:

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | Final Trailer:

And if you're a child of the 90s, you might recognize the music.

Serious kudos to whomever scored that remix. 

I have been a big fan of Besson ever since The Big Blue (which was a remarkably dramatic move about people holding their breath and free diving). This is the movie I want to see this summer.

ETA And the person who stole the Mass Effect swoosh for the font should be fired.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1

God I'm l

3 hours ago, Trini said:

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | Final Trailer:

And if you're a child of the 90s, you might recognize the music.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one. It looks really fun.

This looks pretty damn quirky and adorable... but in a good way. I'm sold on the cast. I'm not sure it'll say anything that interesting but I expect good performances and maybe a few laughs.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, aradia22 said:

This looks pretty damn quirky and adorable... but in a good way. I'm sold on the cast. I'm not sure it'll say anything that interesting but I expect good performances and maybe a few laughs.

I had to IMDb that to confirm that is actually Lin-Manuel. 

I was disappointed Seven Sisters had nothing to do with the colleges. It's about time someone capitalized on Orphan Black and the cast seems strong but the premise just seems to be there to service another basic action movie. 

Thoughts on this one? It feels like the kind of Oscar bait that falls far short of the Oscars. Or maybe somehow gets a nomination to everyone's surprise and fury. And casting Ethan Hawke just makes it seem like Brad Pitt would be too unbelievable. I highly doubt he looks like Everett Lewis. 

I saw Maudie through my local film series. It was a huge hit, however our crowd does steer older and we're in Canada, so most had memories of Maud Lewis from media in the 60's. I'm curious if it's as loved outside of Canada. The acting is fantastic in it. No, Ethan Hawk doesn't really look like her husband, did but he did transform into an old, inarticulate, curmudgeon really effectively. 

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

My Cousin Rachel

There are only two movies I really want to see this summer, and this is one of them.  (Dunkirk is the other.)  Looks terrific.

(edited)

American Made: Hi, I'm Tom Cruise and you buy me as a  cocky young guy in his 30's with his hot 33-year old love interest that I am in no way old enough to be the father of, right? Right? Right?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

American Made: Hi, I'm Tom Cruise and you buy me as a  cocky young guy in his 30's with his hot 33-year old that I am in no way old enough to be the father of, right? Right? Right?

And Anabelle Wallis in The Mummy is 34, too.

Edited by Silver Raven
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

And Anabelle Wallis in The Mummy is 34, too.

I don't think he's ever allowed a love interest to be over 40 once he was in his 40's.

His career seems to be running on fumes at this point.

8 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I promise to when the hot 33-year-old is Chris Hemsworth or Donald Glover.

As if either of them would be interested in a creepy, youth-obssessed Daddy.