Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

(edited)
32 minutes ago, frenchtoast said:

I think that was You Are What You Eat with Gillian McKeith. (A quick Google search and brought up this part one of three of an episode). I remember the table of food they ate but also (and part 2 shows it) was the table of foods that would be on their plan. It was almost always a contrast of beige brown foods vs the vibrant colors of fruits and veggies. 

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you frenchtoast! I tried different search terms but came up with nada. I think showing that type of comparison is brilliant. It certainly would be a welcome addition to M600PL.

Yeah, the only colors besides beige and brown (and don't forget white) foods they eat would be the occasional lettuce and tomato on a twelve inch sub or cheeseburgers or the tomato sauce on their super sized pizzas, lol!

BTW, although I am currently doing low/lower carb, here's a list of the vegetables and fruits I have eaten or will eat this week:

Zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, yellow and green onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery, bell peppers, collard greens, kale, broccoli, bamboo shoots, garlic, ginger, spinach, sweet potato, salad greens, cucumber, asparagus, bok choi, snow peas, okra, strawberries, blueberries, canteloupe, apples and, banana (only one half of the last two at a time since they're higher in carbs). Just to say that low carbs doesn't mean no carb.

Now, for some reason, I am craving French toast!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
To add more vegetables!
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Where are you catching these shows? I'd like to see something a bit different.

Netflix. So the Aussie show was a series, following 4-5 people throughout. When people here ask how folks can get so big, the Maori, Tongans, Samoans can be big people. Add Western foods and they can get huge. The difference that I saw watching the series is that they are almost all big. When you are from a group of big people and no one says anything about your size, you don't do anything about your size.  One young woman was in law school. She really wanted to fit in with the smaller girls and not get as big as her relatives. Interestingly, she felt it necessary to ask the family council whether she should get the surgery. I believe she wouldn't have done it if folks had disagreed.  Also, the people on this show were around 3-400 lbs, not 600 - tho I think some of the family members of various obesees were pretty darned close.

Aside - one guy bought a soda that was in a can similar to a Monster can. He popped the top, tilted his head back and drained the whole thing in one gulp. I have never seen anything like it. When we wonder how people can take in all the calories they need to get so big, this is how. I bet when that guy got back home, he could easily have had another soda or 2 because he drank the first one so fast, it just didn't register.

Fast food is another problem - they showed that it was cheaper for him, being out on disability and with a reduced budget, to eat from take out than to buy real food and cook it at home. To be fair, after some slip ups, he did well and looked great at the end. I loved how he often called his little girl, 'daughter.' 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, aliya said:

When people here ask how folks can get so big, the Maori, Tongans, Samoans can be big people. Add Western foods and they can get huge.

There were 3 or 4 Samoans on Biggest Loser.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

There were 3 or 4 Samoans on Biggest Loser.

There are also quite a few Samoans playing in the NFL. They are typically linebackers, where 300+ pounds is *expected*. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Colleenna said:

There are also quite a few Samoans playing in the NFL. They are typically linebackers, where 300+ pounds is *expected*. 

I've mentioned before that a number of the male obesees were football players who were encouraged to be big, then gained weight when they didn't change their eating and stopped being so active.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wait a minute-You Are What You Eat- is that the show where the lady would also analyze their "pooh"??? I loved that show!
I've been watching Fat Families (UK) on You Tube... there's also Food Hospital that I'm getting ready to check out...

Edited by leFay
Left out an entire sentence!
1 hour ago, leFay said:

Wait a minute-You Are What You Eat- is that the show where the lady would also analyze their "pooh"??? I loved that show!
I've been watching Fat Families (UK) on You Tube... there's also Food Hospital that I'm getting ready to check out...

Yes, that's the one. 

In one of today’s Kindle bargains emails was a book called “Leave Me Alone: A Glance into Obesity, Physical Overweight and the Endless Struggle to Lose Weight”.  For 99 cents I couldn’t resist!  

• Love 2
On 5/23/2018 at 10:40 AM, leFay said:

Sorry.  I love watching Dr. Pimple Popper, but that's as far as I go.  Sounds like Dr.Oz, in his Oprah show days.

• Love 1

Hi all, just wanted to say hi.  I started watching this show a couple months ago almost by accident - I don't watch much TV at all - and became interested in the subject of overeating.  I am a pharmacist, so I always looked at obesity only as a medical issue, never really thought about it as an emotional thing.  This has opened a whole new perspective for me.  I think I found this forum after watching Schnee's episode and being so appalled and I wanted to see if other people had the same reaction.  I lurked for a while and decided to come clean now. :)

• Love 13

I'm not sure where watchers of this, and of My Big Fat... fit in the Previouslies categories.
I'd ask for a "trash show," or "tacky show" category, but damn, our shows are no worse than Kardashians and other things listed.
Looking at last year's winners, I don't think anything I watch was listed, since I'm usually on TLC, ID, or other crime shows, since they stopped doing
many decent shows on DIY or HGTV.
Our genres don't have the following that others do, and we're overrun.
What do you all think?  
I do think that some of the fat genre episodes should be a "worst" contender, but I don't believe that we have the numbers.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, dahling said:

So many people, including my own husband, cling to this idea like the the Holy Grail of Weight Loss. When I lost weight I went from 380 to 300 with diet alone, largely because I simply couldn't move very much. Now, I run 3k a day, which translates to about 350 calories.  This is less than one piece of pizza or a bakery style muffin.  It helps, and it does great things for my overall health, but it's not the key.  My trainer used to say, weight loss is 80% what you eat "out there" (out in the world) and 20% what you do "in here" (the gym).  80/20.  

I think, outside of this show (where we see people so seriously addicted to overeating who grasp at any straw to avoid eating less) this pedestalization of exercise is pretty much a guy thing.  I remember once on Barney Miller (an old TV show) where Barney had been set up with an overweight woman,. someone he'd had wonderful phone conversations with. When he didn't call her after their date, she confronted him, saying he wasn't interested in her because she was fat.  His response was "well, if I were you, I'd hit the gym."

This was easily 40 years ago, and it has stuck with me, I think because at some level I knew "hitting the gym" wasn't the answer.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

To add to the exercise VS. food intake conversation, I have a friend who had to  go without eating for 3 days. She lost zero weight. Her metabolism is zero. She exercises, and barely eats, but can't lose a pound. It gets depressing. 

I feel your friend's pain, but honestly, three days without eating anything may not have been long enough for the body to use up its fat stores and start dropping pounds.  People do have slow metabolisms, and it is harder to lose weight if your body hangs on to every calorie you eat, but eventually the slowest metabolism will surrender to lower caloric intake.  Sometimes it takes a week or more of strictly limited calories to make a difference on the scales.  And I don't want to cast aspersions on someone I don't know, but we have heard "I barely eat anything" on this show so often it's practically on the level of "how ya doin?"

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I think, outside of this show (where we see people so seriously addicted to overeating who grasp at any straw to avoid eating less) this pedestalization of exercise is pretty much a guy thing.  I remember once on Barney Miller (an old TV show) where Barney had been set up with an overweight woman,. someone he'd had wonderful phone conversations with. When he didn't call her after their date, she confronted him, saying he wasn't interested in her because she was fat.  His response was "well, if I were you, I'd hit the gym."

This was easily 40 years ago, and it has stuck with me, I think because at some level I knew "hitting the gym" wasn't the answer.

On some level it probably goes back to the stereotype of "fat people are lazy". 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Barney was cheating on his wife?!?!?!  Noooo. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I feel your friend's pain, but honestly, three days without eating anything may not have been long enough for the body to use up its fat stores and start dropping pounds.  People do have slow metabolisms, and it is harder to lose weight if your body hangs on to every calorie you eat, but eventually the slowest metabolism will surrender to lower caloric intake.  Sometimes it takes a week or more of strictly limited calories to make a difference on the scales.  And I don't want to cast aspersions on someone I don't know, but we have heard "I barely eat anything" on this show so often it's practically on the level of "how ya doin?"

True, but her husband had to have a colonoscopy, and he ate nothing for the day before, and then doing the cleanse thing. When he went for his pre op visit, they weighed him. The day of the procedure, they weighed him again. And he lost 10lbs.  And for myself, I can't lose these last pesky 15 lbs after the birth of my twins. It's like I've plateaued. So when some people say they don't eat much can't lose, I get it. But with regard to this show, nobody eats hardly anything, or they wouldn't be heavy enough to be on the show.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

True, but her husband had to have a colonoscopy, and he ate nothing for the day before, and then doing the cleanse thing. When he went for his pre op visit, they weighed him. The day of the procedure, they weighed him again. And he lost 10lbs.  And for myself, I can't lose these last pesky 15 lbs after the birth of my twins. It's like I've plateaued. So when some people say they don't eat much can't lose, I get it. But with regard to this show, nobody eats hardly anything, or they wouldn't be heavy enough to be on the show.

The colonoscopy prep weight loss is almost entirely dehydration. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Did you ever see the Cathy cartoon?  Cathy's boyfriend "went on a diet" and had a salad and lost 25 lb.  It's just not fair!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, ninjakid said:

The colonoscopy prep weight loss is almost entirely dehydration. 

I had a colonoscopy this past Monday.  I lost no pounds because they send you jello--with sugar,  Gatorade, broth, and tell you to eat rice, yogurt,  and no raw veggies or fruit.  Lots of salt and sugar there that I  usually don't eat.  Everything's fine.  Glad it's over.  

I airways wondered about m y metabolism,  cuz its hard to lose weight.   I used to journal for Weight Watchers and track points,  so IDK. 

8 hours ago, Tosia said:

I had a colonoscopy this past Monday.  I lost no pounds because they send you jello--with sugar,  Gatorade, broth, and tell you to eat rice, yogurt,  and no raw veggies or fruit.  Lots of salt and sugar there that I  usually don't eat.  Everything's fine.  Glad it's over.  

I airways wondered about m y metabolism,  cuz its hard to lose weight.   I used to journal for Weight Watchers and track points,  so IDK. 

You were able to eat rice for your prep? I want your Dr. , mine was see through liquids only , jello and popsicles. I just did one. I did lose 3 pounds but it was all water.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

You were able to eat rice for your prep? I want your Dr. , mine was see through liquids only , jello and popsicles. I just did one. I did lose 3 pounds but it was all water.

That was all I was able to eat. I lost 5 lbs but it came back in a day. It was nice to feel cleaned out though even though that was the most disgusting shit I had to drink. I don’t ever want to do it again

• Love 1

Me either, Bubbles!  I figured that I shouldn't have to have another colonoscopy, cuz Im already 64, and in 10 years I'll have other more significant health issues.

I had alot  of anxiety about being able to NOT eat regularly. I managed to make it through ok, but it was not great. The procedure itself was a snap--same as when i was 50. I was asleep within seconds and whole woke up finished.  No discomfort.  

True, but her husband had to have a colonoscopy, and he ate nothing for the day before, and then doing the cleanse thing. When he went for his pre op visit, they weighed him. The day of the procedure, they weighed him again. And he lost 10lbs. 

I had a colonoscopy this past Monday.  I lost no pounds because they send you jello--with sugar,  Gatorade, broth, and tell you to eat rice, yogurt,  and no raw veggies or fruit.  Lots of salt and sugar there that I  usually don't eat. 

That was all I was able to eat. I lost 5 lbs but it came back in a day.

Two years ago, I was hospitalized for six days. I did not eat a thing the entire time I was there. I had TWO colonoscopies with about a gallon of prep for each one.

I GAINED TWO POUNDS. So depressing.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2018 at 10:16 PM, Tosia said:

I had a colonoscopy this past Monday.  I lost no pounds because they send you jello--with sugar,  Gatorade, broth, and tell you to eat rice, yogurt,  and no raw veggies or fruit.  Lots of salt and sugar there that I  usually don't eat.   

Really?  I heard you couldn't eat anything the day before. Just drink that garbage drink. And maybe some 7 up and water. 

• Love 2

I heard you couldn't eat anything the day before. Just drink that garbage drink. And maybe some 7 up and water. 

Apparently there are various kinds of prep. I had to drink a ton of nasty stuff... but was in the hospital and could only use what the hospital formulary carried. Apparently if I'd been at home, the ordering physician could have prescribed something much less nasty. The results are the same but you don't have to choke down gallons of nasty liquid.

• Love 3
On 6/10/2018 at 8:25 PM, QuinnInND said:

Really?  I heard you couldn't eat anything the day before. Just drink that garbage drink. And maybe some 7 up and water. 

They gave me a 5 day diet of above foods I mentioned, and then I had to have only clear liquids ftom 9 a.m. Sunday--the day before my procedure,  which was scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on Monday

And I had to drink half of  the lemon Gatorade mixed with the  powder at 9pm, and wake up at 2 a.m. to drink the second half.  Of course, I had to use the bathroom about 4 times after drinking the stuff each time.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

I have noticed that there seem to be some people who are workplace snackers and some who are not.  I'm so glad that this is not one of my issues.  Evening snacking is my struggle.   We have a large box of snacks at our office, including chips, pretzels, peanut butter crackers, cereal bars, etc.  And some people there seem to be constantly snacking on them.  They must consume at least 500 calories a day just on office snacks.  I wonder about the decision to have all those free snacks provided, but, I'm not in charge of the purchases. I'd think other items, like fruit might be better, but, they don't have the same shelf life. 

I lost a LOT of weight after I retired, because we had a never-empty snack table that everyone contributed to.  
One person visited family in Japan on a regular basis, and this is where/when I learned to love wasabi peas.  

(edited)

I think office snacks can explain how someone gets 10-20-50 pounds overweight over time, but I don't think someone can mindlessly snack themselves to 600+ lbs.   To get that way, you really have to grossly overeat all the time and not notice/not care that you have a problem - there have to be some underlying mental issues there.  

Office snacking does get to be an issue for me personally, though.  Not so much at my regular office, where I may have someone's homemade zucchini bread or partake at an office ice-cream social, but I can adjust what I eat at lunch or dinner.  When I travel on business, though, I often have 12-15 hours days, where I am eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at the facility - and it is all often delivered from really nice restaurants, so I do enjoy the food, low-calorie it is not.  And I do like to try nice local food when I travel...  Also, when I am sitting and trying to listen and concentrate for hours on end, not seeing any daylight, and surrounded by all kinds of snacks - it is hard not to overeat.  Add lack of exercise and sleep deficit caused by having to be at the office by 6:45am (meaning, get up at 5:30-5:45) and not leaving until 10:30pm so bedtime is close to midnight if not later...  I usually end up gaining 3-4 pounds over 3-5 weeks of travelling.  But then I try to adjust when I come back so I don't just keep gaining, and gaining, and gaining.  That's what I find difficult to understand about the poundticipants - why don't they notice or care that they are gaining weight, even when it really impacts their quality of life.

As a complete off-topic - is anyone else here watching the World Cup?  

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I think office snacks can explain how someone gets 10-20-50 pounds overweight over time, but I don't think someone can mindlessly snack themselves to 600+ lbs.   To get that way, you really have to grossly overeat all the time and not notice/not care that you have a problem - there have to be some underlying mental issues there.  

Office snacking does get to be an issue for me personally, though.  Not so much at my regular office, where I may have someone's homemade zucchini bread or partake at an office ice-cream social, but I can adjust what I eat at lunch or dinner.  When I travel on business, though, I often have 12-15 hours days, where I am eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at the facility - and it is all often delivered from really nice restaurants, so I do enjoy the food, low-calorie it is not.  And I do like to try nice local food when I travel...  Also, when I am sitting and trying to listen and concentrate for hours on end, not seeing any daylight, and surrounded by all kinds of snacks - it is hard not to overeat.  Add lack of exercise and sleep deficit caused by having to be at the office by 6:45am (meaning, get up at 5:30-5:45) and not leaving until 10:30pm so bedtime is close to midnight if not later...  I usually end up gaining 3-4 pounds over 3-5 weeks of travelling.  But then I try to adjust when I come back so I don't just keep gaining, and gaining, and gaining.  That's what I find difficult to understand about the poundticipants - why don't they notice or care that they are gaining weight, even when it really impacts their quality of life.

God, how I hated traveling on business. I missed my healthy foods, my decent coffee, my comfy bed. I'm so glad to be retired.

• Love 1

The thing about travelling I hate the most is how bad my shoulders and upper back ache after being crammed in airplane seats or trying to type on a laptop that's too low or too high for where it should be...  My biggest takeaway is, I cannot afford not stretch.  No matter what is going on, ever couple hours get up and do my set of exercises against the wall. 

• Love 1

I work in tech.  Our office, as is very common in the area and industry, has enough snacks for you to build full meals.  Many people make breakfast at the office.  We have high protein yogurts, boiled eggs, fruit, bread, more than half a dozen cereals, peanut butter, avocados, protein bars.  We also have vegetables, cheese, hummus and tuna.  We also have plenty of junk - cookies, candy, chips.  The company surveys what people want periodically.  We came back with up the healthy treats and reduce the junk.  We have one kind of chips now instead of 5.  We get more fruit and vegetables.  We already had one shelf of soda compared with five shelves of flavored water and one with coconut water, (now unsweetened) iced tea and coffee.  

People do seem to gain some weight when they first start.  It is easy to grab a handful of M&Ms or add an afternoon snack.  Over time, people seem to normalize their behavior.  My guess is the poundticipants would never normalize and would instead go into a it's-there, I'm-going-to-eat-it behavior.   

I find the trickiest things are not grabbing just a few of something while waiting for coffee or tea and remembering that if I've had a protein bar, that's most of a meal.  

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Hellga said:

ME! The announcers for the PERvsDEN game are spectacular!

You guys were raving about a particular brand of yogurt not too long ago. What brand was it?

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 1

Hahaha I never ever have to have a colonoscopy or drink prep ever again! Woohoo! I actually celebrated my last prep on May 4, 2017. RIP my colon and rectum feb 18, 76- may 5, 2017 because of Crohn's disease. I now have it in my stomach and gastroparesis so I have lots of gastroscopies to check it out and to get botox injections in my pyloric sphincter but no prep just fasting. The only gross thing about it is the mouth spray. 

Oh the colon and rectum (and anus) weight 6-10 lbs empty if anyone cares. That's how much I lost post op

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, OoogleEyes said:

ME! The announcers for the PERvsDEN game are spectacular!

You guys were raving about a particular brand of yogurt not too long ago. What brand was it?

The best games so far were Portugal-Spain and today's Germany-Mexico.  While I like both teams a lot, I ended up rooting for Mexico because they played with more hunger.  And I read, that when they scored, people in Mexico City celebrated boisterously enough to register on seismographs as a small earthquake! 

• Love 3
(edited)

What do you say to a person who, after they eat, almost always says," OMG, I'm so full! I ate too much! I'm miserable!"  Wouldn't you think that eventually, they would realize they are going to be making these comments as soon as they finish their food, so, they would cut back on the intake?  I really want to speak up before they start eating and say, hey, let's watch the quantity, because, you're going to be miserable from overeating in about 20 minutes, but, I really sense that would piss them off.  lol  What do you think? 

Sometimes, when they say this, I say, "I'm not miserable. I ate just the right amount and feel fine."

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What do you say to a person who, after they eat, almost always says," OMG, I'm so full! I ate too much! I'm miserable!"  Wouldn't you think that eventually, they would realize they are going to be making these comments as soon as they finish their food, so, they would cut back on the intake?  I really want to speak up before they start eating and say, hey, let's watch the quantity, because, you're going to be miserable from overeating in about 20 minutes, but, I really sense that would piss them off.  lol  What do you think? 

Sometimes, when they say this, I say, "I'm not miserable. I ate just the right amount and feel fine."

Not that I’ve ever uttered that phrase unless I was a single bite from being physically ill, but there really is nothing else you can say and I think you’re right about any intervention being taken badly.  There are people like me who don’t really get the whole hunger and satiety signaling that healthy people have, for instance my husband can stop eating part way through a meal and say he’s had enough.  I have never in my entire life had “enough” (unless, as I said above, I am nearly going to be sick).  If it’s on the plate I will finish it.  When I fill the plate, if I think I will want it then I will take it.  It’s one reason I need to count calories to be sure I am somewhere in the region of what I “should” be eating, and my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is only around 1300 calories which isn’t a lot.  I’ve read many books on obesity that discuss weight as being hormonal (insulin, glucagon, ghrelin, leptin, and of course cortisol).  They say if you can keep your insulin low then the  calories will take care of themselves as the other hormones work properly and you don’t need to count.  Well, that isn’t true for someone like me and very possibly the person you are talking about.  I am always ready to eat unless I’m seriously overstuffed but it isn’t true physical hunger because if I’m off doing something else I won’t think twice about food.  Even fasting for days, it doesn’t bother me at all.  I just can’t figure it out, but the general view seems to be that people like me are emotional eaters (which I am).  I just don’t think that explains all of it and would love to find the answers!

• Love 4

TherebutFore, I appreciate your perspective.  I get that you continue to eat and don't feel full.  I know that it does exist. I have read about a theory that says the brain signals that say you're full are not firing right? I wonder if that is true.

I suppose my question with the person that I described above is that she does feel full, but, still eats to the point of misery.....almost every meal.  I'm not sure if she does it for attention or not.  Like, maybe, she wants someone to chime in and say, but, you didn't eat that much.  Because, honestly, I don't think she seems to eat so much that she would be in pain and miserable, but, that's what she claims.

I

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suppose my question with the person that I described above is that she does feel full, but, still eats to the point of misery.....almost every meal.  I'm not sure if she does it for attention or not.  Like, maybe, she wants someone to chime in and say, but, you didn't eat that much.  Because, honestly, I don't think she seems to eat so much that she would be in pain and miserable, but, that's what she claims.

That does sound like perhaps guilt (?) and wanting reassurance!

• Love 2

Last week I had this odd craving that I have never had before.  If I didn't know better, I might get a pregnancy test. lol  I had this sudden craving for a Diet Sunkist Orange soda.  I've never liked them before. Our office usually keeps them in the fridge, along with an assortment of other sodas and waters, but, I normally leave them alone.   I have tasted them before, but threw them away.  It just didn't appeal to me. But, last week, I bought a 6 pack and drank every singe bit. One each day.  So bizarre, imo.  My goal is to stop consuming drinks with Aspartame, so this is a step in the WRONG direction.  I just can't figure out why I'm loving the taste so much. 

• Love 1
On 6/26/2018 at 1:26 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

TherebutFore, I appreciate your perspective.  I get that you continue to eat and don't feel full.  I know that it does exist. I have read about a theory that says the brain signals that say you're full are not firing right? I wonder if that is true.

I

You have to wonder if she gets the "overstuffed" feeling when she eats alone... 

• Love 3
On 6/29/2018 at 3:41 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Last week I had this odd craving that I have never had before.  If I didn't know better, I might get a pregnancy test. lol  I had this sudden craving for a Diet Sunkist Orange soda.  I've never liked them before. Our office usually keeps them in the fridge, along with an assortment of other sodas and waters, but, I normally leave them alone.   I have tasted them before, but threw them away.  It just didn't appeal to me. But, last week, I bought a 6 pack and drank every singe bit. One each day.  So bizarre, imo.  My goal is to stop consuming drinks with Aspartame, so this is a step in the WRONG direction.  I just can't figure out why I'm loving the taste so much. 

How old are you? The last time I had cravings like that, I was pregnant (I wanted hard boiled eggs and pickles). : )

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, aliya said:

How old are you? The last time I had cravings like that, I was pregnant (I wanted hard boiled eggs and pickles). : )

Hey, I had a hard boiled egg too, but, no pickles!  lol  I'm no longer in the baby making days, (over 40) so, I knew it was not THAT kind of craving, but, it did make me go hmm........ lol.  I'm still loving those orange diet Sunkists though.  I bought some more and enjoy one a day.  If I can limit it to one a day, I'll be okay.  I suppose there are worse things that I could consume. I had a piece of apple pie and a hot dog on July 4th, but, I'm not regretting it.  My philosophy is to enjoy life and my food, just not overdo it on the treats.  I'm back to focusing on the foods that help me be healthy. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

lol  I'm no longer in the baby making days, (over 40) 

Don't be too sure! A friend of mine found out she's pregnant with twins. And she's 46.  

• Love 5