Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E11: Hooping It Up

• Start Topic

He and Brooke are acting and playing a role just like they are in wrestling.  Even if they don't win, the Wrestlers are getting promotion from this show, so they will ham it up since they will get something from this show either way.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

I like Robbie the most of all the people left so I want the wrestlers to win.  They are the least boring people left in the race.  Maya and Amy are so dull it's painful.  Maya was clearly that kid in school who would remind the teacher that she had not given us our homework yet.  You can just tell.  

I do not have an issue with people talking about being Christian on this show, but those "Christians" should at least be aware that going on a race for a million dollars is not biblical and it is not Christian, so imploring God and Jesus to help with such a task is blasphemous.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It looks to me that the Soul Surfers put their faith in God/Jesus for every aspect of their lives. It's not race-specific. This is why it doesn't come across to me as phony or ridiculous. Also, they've shown themselves, at least to me, to be beautiful individuals inside and out. They've handled both victories and setbacks with grace and light.

My issue with TAR racers and other reality show contestants who call out to their faith repeatedly are those who are nasty, foul, negative, etc. enough so that it looks completely hypocritical and self-serving.

Rooting for them and the Candy Scientists. I was SO excited when Phil told them they were still in it!

Regarding the "eeny, meeny...", many people are not aware of the historical context.

The "eeny meeny" counting rhyme is quite old (early 1800s I think) and originally pretty benign (no n-word).  The n-word version came out as a popular minstrel tune in the 1900's which kind of ruined it.    So if you talk about historical context, you'll need to consider how far back you're thinking.  

• Love 2

I do not have an issue with people talking about being Christian on this show, but those "Christians" should at least be aware that going on a race for a million dollars is not biblical and it is not Christian, so imploring God and Jesus to help with such a task is blasphemous.    

I really doubt that's what anybody is doing. I think too much is being made out of this.

• Love 11

I just assumed that the manila envelope was there precisely because they were in Manila, not that it was a funny coincidence. More of a nerdy pun than anything else.

Yes.

Jim on the other hand said the wrestlers are athletes but in a good way said that mentally they may not be all the way there.

I was honestly impressed by how diplomatically Jim said that. Personally, I'd have been floundering a long time for a nicer way to say "Well, they're kind of idiots."

• Love 8

I really doubt that's what anybody is doing. I think too much is being made out of this.

I personally find it worthy of discussion, as it has come up on TAR a few times.  I get that modern Christianity has nothing to do with biblical Christianity, but I still think that on occasion, it is important to point it out.  Bethany and Adam are not Christians in any sort of biblical sense.  No true Christian would think that going on a race to win a million dollars is any way, shape, for form congruent with the teachings of the Bible or Christ.  

I guess that I what I personally find obnoxious about racers who talk about God and Jesus.  Okay, so praying to God or asking Jesus to guide and help you when you are going through a difficult time is great, but here is the thing: going on a television show and racing for a million dollars is not you "going through a difficult time and needing God's help."  In fact, it is the opposite of that.  God and Jesus both do not want you to have lots of riches, and they were both pretty clear that the life you have on earth now is supposed to be hard, and that indeed, being rich is a bad thing, not a good thing.  

Lastly, so much of this show is about being proud of yourself.  Pride, of course, is considered a sin according to real Christian teachings.  

In conclusion I find all the "Christians" who go on this show to be completely and totally full of shit.  Sure, some people on this thread have argued about all these nuances, but the bigger picture is that a prideful, self-serving, immodest quest to obtain more riches is the complete opposite of Christianity.  

• Love 5

Not really wanting to get into a theology debate here, but there were rich servants of God in the Bible--Joseph of Arimathea, Lydia the seller of purple, and even Job (before and after his testing period).

On a more concrete note, basketball is the #1 sport in the Philippines (at least per Wikipedia), and manila paper really was initially made there.

• Love 5

In conclusion I find all the "Christians" who go on this show to be completely and totally full of shit.

See, my issue is painting everyone with this same brush.  You can be a Christian, Muslim, whatever and go on TAR (or any other game show) and still be true to your beliefs.  I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

Generally, when someone asks *insert deity of your choice* for help on the show, my thinking is that they are looking for strength, patience, what have you to finish what they have to do. It's a way of pushing through, and when some people find that way to push through, they may attribute it to God but they really helped themselves.  I think very few of them are actually thinking a giant hand will come out of the sky and help them.  Obviously it's all subjective, but it doesn't bug me, unless, as I've said before, there is an element of judgement involved - but for me, that's true whether the contestant is talking about their religion, their supposed intelligence or expertise at a task or whatever.

Lastly, so much of this show is about being proud of yourself.

I don't think so.  I see more of one teammate being proud of the other than being proud of what they personally accomplished.  I don't consider being happy, relieved that you completed something challenging being prideful.  Not saying it never happens, but I watch for teamwork, and that's still mostly what I see.  If I didn't, I wouldn't watch.  Dysfunctional teams, self-serving teams - if the show ends up casting only these types, forget it for me.

He and Brooke are acting and playing a role just like they are in wrestling.

Yeah, though when he occasionally slips out of his role, he is more tolerable than she is IMO.  His comment last week about feeling manly or whatever because of working in the water seemed genuine and was a funny way to put it, but I knew what he meant.  His comments about the other teams seemed more part of his "act" persona. 

• Love 15

With "Fly to your final destinations, the City of Angels" in the clue and an envelope marked "City of Los Angeles Official Business" in your hands, if you end up in Tokyo or Hong Kong then you deserve the Major Guido!

There's more than one way to get from Manila to LAX.

I'm trying to think of past "pure" TBCs that had a flight between the two halves. The original in TAR6 (created on the fly from a NEL because of Hungary's anti-begging laws) stayed in Budapest; TAR7 had train travel in India; TAR8 never existed; TAR9 had a flight from Moscow to Frankfurt; TAR10 had a flight from Finland to Ukraine; TAR14 stayed in Beijing.

Both TAR9/10 had some airport separation that rewarding the teams who led into the second half of the TBC. All shortish-haul, though, and not a final leg.

• Love 1

Excellent episode with very tough tasks. However, I'm surprised they exhausted the racers so much going into the final leg by making this leg a To Be Continued. Even though I'm sure they'll catch a breather with a spoon fed flight to Los Angeles, it's not as good as an actual pitstop. A final 4 on the final leg is also more of a mild tweak than anything as game changing as the not so amazing Save. However, I really don't like that they're going to eliminate a team at some point on the final leg. Just stick with tradition and do it the old fashioned way.

Wasn't there a better way of working in the manila folders? As much as I hate needle in the haystack tasks, it would have been a cruel thing to make them search through hundreds of manila folders to find the one with their clue. Beware papercuts Misti and Amy! If they didn't want to do a task around it, they could have just put the clues inside a manilla folder and be done with it. I also suspect the "Do not open until instructed" manila folder will be just as anti-climatic and pointless as the other clues and trinkets they've had to bring along with them in the past. If anything, I hope it's just bonus prizes for them to open on the finish line.

On the down side of this episode, if I hear "jeepney" one more time, I'm going to scream. Surely there's more to Manila than jeepnies? And Phil, the worst to first feat was not history making. It was, at best, a repetition or tie of previous accomplishments.

Though I have to admit I was impressed by the wrestlers racing this leg. Too bad they didn't get a prize for coming in first. Brooke continues to whine and bitch about everything, and even my like for Robbie dropped considerably this leg. I get that they're playing a heel character, but I still don't like. Don't like wrestling for the loud theatrics and I don't like it here. I really hope they don't win.

The Candy Scientists continue to be non-entities for me. I'm glad Amy is OK though. However, if Phil gabbing with them so much at the mat isn't proof enough that they're being spoon fed flights to LA, then he needs to STFU and let them go. Yes, get her checked out, but get her going as quickly as possible. As a result, it makes the TBC leg drama pointless.

That leaves the God squad: the Dentists and the Surfers. Both have raced well except for a few minor mistakes. I'd be fine with either winning, though I really hope we aren't subjected to too machismo from Jim if they win.

We also saw the first incident of bickering between the two, and some yelling at the locals to get out of the way before he mows them down.

This is different than yelling at them to hurry up or whatever. As all four racers said, steering and controlling those things was extremely difficult. They certainly didn't allow for any quick corrections that avoiding a pedestrian would require. It would hurt an awful lot to be hit by one out in the open; I shudder to think what would have happened if you were to get pinned by one against something else.

As it was, we saw Amy collide with a van, with enough of her dangling out of it to make me fear for her body parts. I imagine the producers saw their insurance premiums flash before their eyes like the lives of the racers flashed before theirs. Even with the runners running along behind, this was one of the more dangerous tasks the racers had to engage in, both to racers and bystanders. So I'm glad Jim was shouting to get people out of the way.

• Love 1

Robbie is funny, to me. Beats listening to his partner whine about everything. And I couldn't help but think, "Hey, dude, when this is all over, go get Jim or Misti to cap your teeth!" He's not a bad-looking guy but he could use a little bit of a front-end alignment.

• Love 3

Yes, I did not see any horns on those cycles, so what else can someone do except shout, "look out"?  The brake was in a terrible location -- if you look down to find the brake, you are likely to hit something/someone.   They all must have smacked their heads later when they learned the other Detour was playing basketball to 21 points! 

• Love 5
However, I don't care if the winners are already millionaires...if they race hard with intelligence and finish up first on the mat...I'm fine with that outcome.

I agree.  I'm sure the dentists make a pretty penny.   I don't care of any racers are millionaires--I always end up caring if they're assholes.

• Love 12

I personally find it worthy of discussion, as it has come up on TAR a few times. I get that modern Christianity has nothing to do with biblical Christianity, but I still think that on occasion, it is important to point it out. Bethany and Adam are not Christians in any sort of biblical sense. No true Christian would think that going on a race to win a million dollars is any way, shape, for form congruent with the teachings of the Bible or Christ.

I guess that I what I personally find obnoxious about racers who talk about God and Jesus. Okay, so praying to God or asking Jesus to guide and help you when you are going through a difficult time is great, but here is the thing: going on a television show and racing for a million dollars is not you "going through a difficult time and needing God's help." In fact, it is the opposite of that. God and Jesus both do not want you to have lots of riches, and they were both pretty clear that the life you have on earth now is supposed to be hard, and that indeed, being rich is a bad thing, not a good thing.

Lastly, so much of this show is about being proud of yourself. Pride, of course, is considered a sin according to real Christian teachings.

In conclusion I find all the "Christians" who go on this show to be completely and totally full of shit. Sure, some people on this thread have argued about all these nuances, but the bigger picture is that a prideful, self-serving, immodest quest to obtain more riches is the complete opposite of Christianity.

I don't really think a forum for a television show is the place for a religion discussion.

Some people don't believe in any of it, I want to read and talk about the race, not get a bible lesson.

As an atheist I've read enough of the bible to know that I don't want to learn more, especially when I'm trying to read about a TV show.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 13

I don't really think a forum for a television show is the place for a religion discussion.

Some people don't believe in any of it, I want to read and talk about the race, not get a bible lesson.

As an atheist I've read enough of the bible to know that I don't want to learn more, especially when I'm trying to read about a TV show.

I am an atheist too.  I was merely pointing out that several racers on TAR have been very vocal about their relationship with God and Christ, which I find disingenuous considering what TAR is all about.  

I was not giving a bible lesson; I was giving a hypocrisy lesson.   

• Love 3

As a Christian who had read the Bible and believes every word, I agree this is not the place to be discussing religion.

• Love 4

I finally "got" the title of the episode, after looking at it for a day here and trying to figure out when they were dealing with hoops!  

No animals at the Pit Stop (or Pit Go, thank you to the witty poster above) for the past few episodes, but there were so many earlier that I'll be disappointed if recall of the animals is not part of the final leg. 

I liked the twist of having a TBC and four teams setting out on the final leg. I wasn't expecting it at all and it is an interesting way of switching things up.

I wonder how far in to the final leg the mid-leg elimination will occur?

If they are not been spoon-fed flights, flights could play a huge role. 

• Love 1

Almost painfully suspenseful leg, and so very physical, just as Killer Fatigue is really taking a toll. (Especially on poor Amy!)

I thought it was hysterical that Jim said they had to stop making stupid mistakes (when they've actually made relatively few and recovered well from the ones they did make) and then immediately made a stupid mistake - not so much taking the wrong jeepney, though that was dumb enough, but when Maya said they had to change jeepneys he wasn't sure there was a good reason to do that. He and Misti have grown on me, and I'm sorry I let his appearance make me think he might be a rageaholic when he is, while quite intense and competitive, generally polite and helpful and not too much of a trash talker. And he and Misti seem to have a good, functional marriage for the most part.

Adam and Bethany had me worried with the clue fiasco. Otherwise they ran a good leg. I wasn't the least bit offended by their reference to Jesus early on, as it seemed less a statement that He would 'help us win a million dollars' then it was a statement about being expected to do everything to the best of their ability, which is not a bad way to live. They're still my favorites.

The Wrestlers did well with a very physical leg that played to their strengths, but didn't guarantee victory either. Brooke is a lot less defeatist when she's performing well at tasks. Sorry their first leg victory did not win them some Travelocity prize or something.

I want to know Maya and Amy in real life. Maya's buoyant spirit and energy, her deep enjoyment of the experience... Amy's determination and pushing through pain and possible heat stroke... I love them.

• Love 4

This episode was the first one where I noticed Bethany and Adam discuss their religious beliefs.  I haven't heard anyone in this season, who has mentioned Jesus or God, ask for his help to win the race.  

• Love 5

Personally I was far more offended/appalled by Jim's 'We're in a race for $1 million, that's 40 million Pesos!' comment to a taxi driver than I was by any references to God/Jesus by any team. 

• Love 4

Ok, everyone, I have posted before in another episode thread that this is not the place to have a religion debate. Let's move on and cease and desist the religious talk. Please and thank you.

Thanks and happy posting!

• Love 11

So even after knowing their huge mistake with the jeepney and knowing they were racing for last, I think Jim still asked which detour the Scientists were doing.  Did he want to stay together so they would at least know where the competition was?  I wonder what would have happened if one had chosen basketball.  Since it was non-elimination, it ultimately doesn't matter, but I'm still kinda curious.

• Love 2

What's appalling about converting the amount into the taxi drivers country's currency?

There is nothing appalling about the conversion, it is appalling that they expect a taxi driver in a developing country to care that they are in a race for $1 million.

• Love 6

My daughter and I just got through watching the movie Soul Surfer and I went from being a fan of Adam and Bethany to a huge fan of them.  I highly recommend it, it's very inspirational.  It's especially interesting to watch how much Bethany struggled with mundane tasks right after losing her arm and how effortlessly she preforms them now.  At one point she says something to the effect of "How am I ever going to get a boyfriend with one arm?"  Well, not only did Bethany land a boyfriend/husband, but one who is smart, good looking, exceptionally nice and loves her very much.  I bet she feels pretty foolish now.

• Love 4

Amy has been hurting for a while now, with her bad leg/foot.  (I can't remember what she did to get injured.)  Maya needs to step up and coddle Amy a bit.  Carry her backpack

Maya was carrying Amy's backpack at some point at the end of the episode.

When I was about the scientists age I visited a friend in Miami in AUGUST!  I hate hot weather and my body hates hot weather.  I don't just sweat, I fade.....and get grumpy and fait and all sorts of crappy things.

I got heat exhaustion because I didn't understand the combination of the sun's position in Miami in AUGUST, the temperature and the humidity.......I was sick - threw up - faint and sweating and one step away from  a visit to the hospital.  Luckily air conditioning (notably absent on this leg) lots of water and lying down with cool packs solved the problem.

I am from the upper mid west and we do have some days like that - high temp and high humidity - there was something very different about Miami.

Learned a great lesson about respect for where you are and how your body reacts.  The girl is a monster to have powered thru that and I love her forever!

• Love 6

Jim on the other hand said the wrestlers are athletes but in a good way said that mentally they may not be all the way there. I continue to warm up to the Dentists and do apologize for my remarks about Jim during the first couple of episodes at the start of this season. They seem to be really nice people and Jim hasn't been worried about placement or being super super competitive I guess since the herd has thinned out, he's relaxed some.

I almost want to watch the first few episodes again because I found Jim to be so conceited/scary/ragey and thought he was ready to explode any minute, but he doesn't seem that way at all now.   I almost think that the show makes them do drug testing so he had to stop taking the steroids he was on in the beginning (no steroids = no roid rage).  Was I just over-reacting in the beginning?  Judging a book by it's cover too much? Or was he really worse then? 

Not only did Bethany land a boyfriend/husband, but one who is smart, good looking, exceptionally nice and loves her very much.  I bet she feels pretty foolish now.

I'm sure that's the kind of "foolish" she can live with just fine! [Grin]

I actually somewhat liked Brooke during the B-ball game. Kind of stumbling at first, but after a bit, it really did look like she grew up playing it. (And Bethany did try some shots, but I don't recall if she made any.)

Backward bike helmet? A moment of brilliance from the dentists.

Yeah, utterly ridiculous and hilarious.  But we know that Jim isn't really good with details, so I guess he didn't notice.

I strangely find myself sort of rooting for the wrestlers.  At this point, I'd be ok with any team winning except the dentists.

I suspect that even before Amy's pre-race injury, that she kind of walked a little gawky and awkwardly.  

• Love 1

I'm sure that's the kind of "foolish" she can live with just fine! [Grin]

I actually somewhat liked Brooke during the B-ball game. Kind of stumbling at first, but after a bit, it really did look like she grew up playing it. (And Bethany did try some shots, but I don't recall if she made any.)

It is the first time in the entire race Brooke has come close to impressing me.

I think the reason Jim is not as frenetic as he was in the beginning, and why he's making mistakes and willing to follow others, is because he's tired. Very tired. I know I would be.

Amy amazed me with the way she didn't give up. She is why they call it the Amazing race.

• Love 12

Learned a great lesson about respect for where you are and how your body reacts.  The girl is a monster to have powered thru that and I love her forever!

Amy is a BEAST. While the wrestlers are sniping about Amy and Maya "not being athletes, not being fit", they put their heads down and get it DONE. No whining, no complaining, I actually emitted a small scream when they went ass over teakettle in that bike contraption--but they just got back on and finished the course, no drama, no crying, no blaming. I absolutely love them both and would love to hang out with them. Between Amy's dry humor and Maya's enthusiasm and sense of fun? Laughs galore. It would be beyond sweet for them to beat the wrestlers. 

• Love 20

With any luck, Amy and Maya will get a chance to lead the wrestlers astray and at least finish ahead of them.  I hope they pull off an unlikely win.

I hate the wrestler's attitude that non-athletes are somehow worthless losers because they are not athletic.  

Amy just proved you don't have to be a jock (or jockette) to be tough.  

Really Brooke, beating short people at basketball is not some big great accomplishment.

• Love 6

I haven't watched pro wrestling in many, many years (it was sometime in the last millennium).  I realize that they have to look buff and therefore, probably lift a lot of weights.  I think of pro-wrestlers as buff actors.  Does it take athletic ability to be a pro-wrestler?  I am not saying Brooke and Robby are or are not athletic, just talking about pre-wrestlers in general. 

Brooke's basketball skills would have impressed me a lot more if she hadn't bragged about it so much beforehand (and then sucked at the beginning).  I don't like Brooke.  I find Robby to be okay, but don't like him enough to start a "Save Robby" campaign (besides, she treats him fine).  I am not sure what Brooke would have to do to make me be okay with them winning, but I don't think there would be enough time left in the race for that to happen anyway. 

• Love 2

I am not sure what Brooke would have to do to make me be okay with them winning, but I don't think there would be enough time left in the race for that to happen anyway. 

I don't like Brooke much either.  In my perfect world she and Robbie get eliminated mid-leg and Amy / Maya race to the finish.  But I get the distinct impression I might like Brooke a whole lot better if she weren't on television.  All the making faces at the camera, flamboyant kekking in the fish-market, loud, silly comments, etc, all strike me as her trying to bolster her public appeal on television.  I might be wrong -- who knows?  But I feel she would be far more appealing without cameras watching.  I still want her to be Philiminated!

Just let me take the opportunity to say that the mid-leg elimination of Bilal & Sa'eed back in Season 10 was one of the worst moments in TAR history for me,  It was such a cruel departure from Amazing Race normalcy.  I hated it, and I'm all set to hate the mid-leg elimination next week, too.  For all talk of wanting the Wrestlers eliminated, I would be much happier with four teams racing to the finish!

Eliminate mid-leg eliminations!

Edit:  s/Any/Amy/;

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 5

Brooke & Robbie: For once, they ran an amazing leg!  They got on a jeepney heading the right way to their Speed Bump, finished that Speed Bump fast, and for the most part, didn't struggle too much at the Detour.  Robbie had some stumbles at the Roadblock, but he figured out his mistake, and they actually got their first win, as a result.

Too bad they're such jerks.

Misti & Jim: Good on Misti for plowing through her pain, but this team keeps making rookie mistakes with transportation.  They're lucky they recovered from picking a jeepney that went the wrong way.  They did the Detour well enough (though Jim could've at least shown some concern as to whether or not Amy was all right), but Jim missed the simple document that Robbie and Adam also missed.  Getting the dolly was a smart move, though.  Third place was deserved, but let's see how they run the final leg.

Too bad they're such jerks.

I was really hoping one of the obnoxious teams wouldn't make it to the finals.

I think Robbie knows he's playing a type.  He's a heel, but he's also self-aware about it and he doesn't come across as a bad dude to me at all.

At least Robbie can laugh at himself and the situation.  Brooke's just a whiny virago.

Edited by Puffaroo
  • Love 3

Amy is compensating for her bum leg with her whole body which is affecting her posture.  She's not a big or muscular person.  

So considering all that, I'm impresses on how she didn't whine, didn't cry, didn't lose her cool (especially when she realized she didn't bring the right amount of coconuts/brooms to the first business), didn't snap at Maya, and didn't even mention quitting during that last task.   She may not be an "athlete" but she's no quitter. 

I like her dry, wry, sly sense of humor.    She's not a big personality but what I see, I like.  Maya's enthusiastic and I can tell she's just loving being in the race.     

From everyone's reactions, it must have been beastly hot which combined with KF, caused many to struggle physically and mentally.  

I would love for the Candy Scientists to win but I'm OK with the Surfers or Team Teeth.  As for the Wrestlers, I actually don't mind Robbie.  His self depreciating humor has won me over, however, Brooke is so negative and nasty that I just cannot root for the Wrestlers.  

• Love 7

Maya, cool your jets!  Amy knows this is for the finals, but she is pretty close to her limit, to look at her.  Yep!   Oh, fukinell, Maya!  poor Amy looks like she's about to croak and you're worried it would mean you don't get to finish the race?

Yeah, when she said, "I would hate for Amy to get dehydrated and have to go to the hospital and we couldn't do the last leg of the race," I was thinking, you should have stopped talking after the word "hospital", lady.  Phil seemed more concerned about Amy at the end than Maya.

I find Maya incredibly annoying, and her reactions very staged and for show. I've felt that since she put on a bizarre "on" display of excitement at the pit stop in Malta.

• Love 2

I would prefer it if the Amazing Race only had "regular people" teams - that is, not famous/performers/professional athletes.   Performers tend to be extroverts - sometimes way over-the-top.  Professional athletes sometimes have unfair advantages.  

To be honest, I've actually liked several of the past stunt cast teams.  I think, however, there's something really neat in seeing regular folks tackle and persevere  through these tasks.   

• Love 3

Yeah, when she said, "I would hate for Amy to get dehydrated and have to go to the hospital and we couldn't do the last leg of the race," I was thinking, you should have stopped talking after the word "hospital", lady.  Phil seemed more concerned about Amy at the end than Maya.

I find Maya incredibly annoying, and her reactions very staged and for show. I've felt that since she put on a bizarre "on" display of excitement at the pit stop in Malta.

I don't think Maya is fake.  She's a huge fan of the race and just so gosh darn thrilled to be there.  I suspect she had some doubts they would make it this far (as many people did)  and I think she's a bit psyched that they are still in the race when many stronger teams have been eliminated.  If I were her, I'd be whooping,  hollering & dancing too.

I agree that what she said in the taxi didn't sound good, however, I think it's a blooper on her part.  Over the race, their relationship has been supportive and quite free of nastiness.  As a team, they compliment each other well.  

• Love 11

I would prefer it if the Amazing Race only had "regular people" teams - that is, not famous/performers/professional athletes.   Performers tend to be extroverts - sometimes way over-the-top.  Professional athletes sometimes have unfair advantages.  

To be honest, I've actually liked several of the past stunt cast teams.  I think, however, there's something really neat in seeing regular folks tackle and persevere  through these tasks.   

I don't necessarily agree with this.  If you are an extrovert than you are excluded from competing?  Extroverts are what casting directors look for, they make for good tv.  I wouldn't really call Robbie and Brooke professional athletes.  They are part of something called TNA wrestling apparently.  I'm no wrestling fan, but the only wrestling I've heard of is the WWE, and I'm not even really sure about that.  If athletes have advantages over others because of stamina and physical ability, than are the introverted brainy types like scientists and doctors supposed to have an advantage in terms of making smart decisions, booking flights, etc.?

I don't see all the love for Amy.  Yes, she was a girl having to carry what looked to be heavy delivery loads, at least until she also got one of the handtrucks.  She's more out of shape than Robbie, Jim, or Adam.  I have a feeling Brooke would have rocked that task a lot better than Amy.

I don't really mind athletes so much. I do get what you're saying but the way I see it is that anybody could get into shape to be on this show if they started early enough. I'm a distance runner who does light weight training but even at that I'd be making sure to do more resistance training to increase upper body strength as well as short sprint training before I dared go on TAR. I'd also get some practice at running and walking long distances carrying heavy or cumbersome objects, lol.  I know that  not everybody can be a pro athlete, but TAR is an extreme game and going on it in as good a condition as you can manage  can only help.  Pro athlete or regular person alike.

Lots of puzzle solving practice doesn't hurt either, watching every past season at last once, and maybe a tattoo on the inside of your hand that says "READ THE CLUE AGAIN." :)  

Edited by Molly by golly
  • Love 5

I don't see all the love for Amy.  Yes, she was a girl having to carry what looked to be heavy delivery loads, at least until she also got one of the handtrucks.  She's more out of shape than Robbie, Jim, or Adam.  I have a feeling Brooke would have rocked that task a lot better than Amy.

Maybe, but Brooke would have bitched and moaned every damn step of the way.

• Love 11