Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The Map of Moments

Midseason finale!

A HOLIDAY REUNION — When Rebekah notices an unusual change in Elijah’s behavior, she asks Klaus and Hayley to meet her at their safe house, reuniting them with baby Hope. After reliving memories of being the odd man out, Kaleb opens up to Davina about his resentment towards his siblings and sheds some light on a spell he created in 1914. Meanwhile, when Cami discovers Esther’s plan will put her life in danger, she demands answers from Vincent, who remains steadfast in his convictions. Elsewhere, Esther makes an unlikely alliance that could prove dangerous for Klaus, and Hayley makes a decision that could change her relationship with Elijah forever. Lastly, while Elijah continues to struggle with the lingering effects of being captured, Rebekah and Klaus devise a plan to take their mother down once and for all.

Promo:

http://youtu.be/QeQzhEOiRb0

Clip (flashback with Kol 1.0!):

http://youtu.be/LrZBxiGxdCk

Inside the episode:

http://youtu.be/npthX-powEY

That was awesome! I'm a little sad because I knew they were going to use this body swapping plot to keep Bex while letting Claire Holt move on. However, I'm glad they kept the original body around, hopefully Claire will come back.

Loved how Bex/Klaus dealt with Esther, that was kind of brilliant. I absolutely hate Kol for betraying Bex...what can I say, she's my favorite. I'm also not digging the new actor, especially when you have Nate appear in flashbacks.

I got the biggest laugh out of Klaus' wish for Hayley, that was funny and Joseph Morgan's shit eating grin was perfect. I also loved Baby Hope, she is the cutest little thing.

• Love 2

I agree, that was really great.  I have despised the Esther storyline, but I must admit that the payoff was worth it.  I think I'll probably thinking differently about the season if I rewatch knowing what will happen with Esther. 

I'm already feeling really impatient for the second half of the season to begin.  

This was a nice mid season finale and that was such a great twist with Esther.  Make her the monster she created her children to be.  I can't wait to see Kol get his, although it would probably be different if the original actor was portraying Kol.  I'm very glad Cami is still Cami and not Rebekah that would have been horrible to see her playing Rebekah.

• Love 1

That was a very bizarre hour of television, but I enjoyed it very much.

Klaus-y baby, I love that the first truly selfless thing I've ever seen you do, is tell moms to take you instead of Rebecca. Of course you would die for YOUR Rebecca, I mean I know it was kind of an act, but heee. Glad she ended up in a better actress than weird 80's soap chick Camille. Loved Team Mikaelson's plan, and can not blame Kol at all for getting just a bit of back on Bex, although I don't think I understood how she's "imprisoned"? I'm not super looking forward to the more of Mikael though, I usually like Sebastian Roche but I'm not digging him this time around. I do like the fact that Finn is done giving any fucks, and will finally be making his own decisions, I wonder how Dahlia/Freyja will factor into this, because c'on they have to. 

Kovina, Kovina! Whatever I ship the hell out of them, it's not the first teenager vampire relationship I've shipped it won't be the last.

Oh, Davina. While Kol delights me, learn from your friends' mistakes about falling for handsome, charming sociopaths!

Rebekah's "Neener, neener" face after Hayley declared that they were going to continue the family tradition with the wishes was adorable.

Mikael was only on for what, two minutes, but Sebastian Roche can chew the scenery like no other, and I mean that in the best way.

Klaus and Rebekah's plan was brilliant. Curse you, Kol!

Even though I still think they have no chemistry, Daniel Gilles may have melted my underpants straight off in his scene with Hayley.

• Love 1

Daniel Gilles may have melted my underpants straight off in his scene with Hayley.

I know he did mine the 7 or 8 times I kept hitting the back button on the dvr lol! I agree that the plan was awesome and I'm glad that Esther got what was coming to her. I am absolutely seriously bummed that we probably won't see Claire Holt again for a long time if ever. She's always been my favorite after Elijah. I admit that it was nice to see the emotion on his face when he first got to hold Hope. I have never been a fan of Kols no matter who played him, he's such a petulant little brat and I don't believe for a second that he gives a shit about Davina, he's just after her magic.

Edited by missbonnie

I think what tickles me epically is that this was their holiday episode. Rebekah and Klaus conspired to murder and turn their mother. Kol double-crossed Rebekah. Esther and Mikael conspired to kill Klaus and most of vampiredom. And this is their holiday episode. Nothing says Mikaelson family get together like murder and betrayal.

• Love 8

I really prefer Klaus with an impish glee about something sadistic he's about to do, but seeing him with baby Hope damn near made my ovaries explode.  That was freaking adorable! Elijah with the baby is pretty damn cute too. Unexpected move on turning Esther into a vampire, and it's going to be interesting to see where this goes.  I get so confused with some of the timelines on this and TVD because when Kol was undaggered in 2012, he'd been daggered for 100 years, so I was thinking Klaus tossed him in the coffin in 1912 (I guess timelines are pretty fluid on these shows and also, vampires, but I was really hoping and looking forward to Kol getting daggered because he ate through half the crew on the Titanic or something and it pissed Klaus off so much that he had to get into freezing water that he shoved Kol's ass in a coffin for indirectly sinking the boat).  

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Rebeckha got a new body since Claire got a new show. I should be relieved it's not Cami. I hope we get Rebeckha back to her own body though and still get to see real her and Claire.

Haley annoyed me a lot, Jackson just tells you no to the marriage because it would be for real. She insists they marry, but 2 seconds later she runs off to bed Elijah. I just find her and Elijah so forced. 

Loved seeing real Kol.

Edited by Artsda

I really prefer Klaus with an impish glee about something sadistic he's about to do, but seeing him with baby Hope damn near made my ovaries explode.  That was freaking adorable!

It was adorable and a little funny. Klaus, or maybe JM himself, is a baby huffer.  He totally sniffed the baby's head. In fairness, babies do smell really good.

I'm super confused about the body that Bex ended up in.  Wasn't that the same witch locked in the house in 1914 and if so, was she dressed in contemporary clothes?  Whatever, she seems fine and I'll giver her a chance.  And Claire Holt is gone; but I reserve the right to be petulant about this later.  Or now.  I want Claire back.

The Haylijah was...ehh. I don't care about the couple anymore; speaking of, did I hear right or did Hayley say that she could be married to Jackson but still be with Elijah? Or did she say she couldn't? It makes more sense for the latter. as the marriage has to be 100% legit but...ok, so Hayley's gonna marry Jackson; Elijah's still unstable (part of me is disappointed we haven't seen much come out of this yet. I wanna see Ripper!Elijah!) and Hope...wait, where the hell is Hope going to go? Dahlia and Freya are gonna come for Hope if she stays with Hayley and Klaus.

Ok, so the family scenes were actually really sweet. Elijah and Rebekah with Hope was adorable, but I didn't mind Hayley and Klaus' reactions to their daughter. It was a sweet moment and this is the rare time Klaus did not annoy me at any point during the episode. I actually laughed at his wish, and it's good to see his incestual side creep out with Rebekah. Honestly, maybe Klaus IS better with Hope...and Rebekah, but that's besides the point.

Esther's a vampire? Hahahahahahahaha! Sucks to suck! Although all she really needs to do is what Klaus does, and that is find a witch willing to body jump her back into a witch's body. Although, I think this means she won't be as powerful as she used to be so it still sucks for her. And oh Mikael.

I'm gonna miss Claire Holt but I'll be if/when her new show tanks, she'll come back as Rebekah. I'm not completely sure if I'm sold on the new actress, but like Finn, I'll give it time. I do love this show not being afraid to change races. I would have laughed, though, if Kol body jumped her into a guy. I honestly would laugh for days.

• Love 1

Episodes like this one remind what I was so excited about when the spinoff was first announced- Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and OG Kol.

Cami is starting to pull ahead in which weak actress on this show I can't stand the most.

Why do I constantly feel she's giving Marcel an attitude, is it her acting or is it written that way? I don't really care which, I just know I find it annoying.

Maybe Leah Pipes is a good actress, but compared to the people she's playing against I just don't see it on this show.

Gotta say if Finn decides to start a cult, I'll be the first in line.... I'm not sure what he's selling but I'm ready to buy it! He was great in his one scene.

While I find Daniel Gillies smoking hot, and Hayley marginally bearable in their scenes, I thought the timing of their hook up seemed a bit ... Tacky? Tasteless? Or it could be I've always felt, while Phoebe Tonkin is a beautiful girl, she tries to hard to be sexy and I just find myself cringing for all parties involved.

• Love 1

Excellent episode! Did not see the twist with Esther coming - that witch deserved it! So glad to see her taken down a peg or two -- kudos for Klaus and Rebekah. The actor playing Finn was fantastic, but I dislike the character.  I'm sort of neutral on Kol, but I will say that he surprises me. I never know when he's going to keep his word or when he'll betray someone. (Mikael can depart anytime, IMO.)

Loved the entire family reunion with baby Hope. It's a good question: who will care for her now?

I'm glad that Rebekah didn't jump into Cami. Will have to wait and see with the new actress, except, no one will be Claire Holt. Best wishes to her; I just think it'll be harder to pass off than the others. It took me quite a while to adjust to them as it was, mainly due to personality changes, and I don't want them to change Rebekah.

I thought the scene with Elijah and Hayley was very hot. Love that one-arm thing, carrying her (much like Jackson and April on Grey's Anatomy a couple seasons back). It'll be on rewind a few more times for sure. Damn.

did Hayley say that she could be married to Jackson but still be with Elijah? Or did she say she couldn't? It makes more sense for the latter.

It was the latter. She can't be with Elijah if she marries Jackson. Which is why...

I thought the timing of their hook up seemed a bit ... Tacky? Tasteless?

I disagree with this. I don't particularly advocate sleeping with someone who's engaged, but this was different. Hayley and Jackson aren't exactly about true-love, Elijah and Hayley were unresolved, and this was presumably the only chance. I had no trouble with it.  Although, I wonder if Klaus will, if he finds out.

Elijah's still unstable (part of me is disappointed we haven't seen much come out of this yet.

Agreed. I don't know if I want to see him go full-on ripper -- he did a pretty good job in the diner -- but I like the cracks in his exterior.

Edited by justmehere
  • Love 1

So much to love about this episode. First ITA about how hilarious it is that an episode about backstabbing your family members and plotting to kill each other is this show's version of a Christmas episode. On a shallow note, I loved all of the background Christmas music they used (except for the quartet singing Carol of the Bells at the very beginning - one of them sounded so off).

It was so nice to see Rebekah again and it was even nicer to see her not being used as Klaus's servant and errand girl. Finally she has some autonomy and the ability to make her own decisions!

Seeing Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah, and Hayley each hold the baby was adorable. They looked so happy in the polaroid picture! I know that Klaus was being practical and realistic about burning it, but man what a killjoy.

I hope Davina doesn't let her heart and her hormones overrule her brain. Kol is not to be trusted! I mean, I love Kol as a character but he is a sneaky one.

Did Kol give Rebekah a witch's body? I'm a bit confused about what he said about that house. 

I understand why the show did it but I hope Claire Holt comes back soon. I can't decide if seeing Original!Kol in flashbacks is a good thing or not as it makes me really miss the actor. 

Being the eternal outsider to the Always and Forever thing would sting for even the most free spirited individual so I can't really blame Kol for being bitter about it. I'm glad he comes down on the side of just wanting a bit of payback without any real lasting damage though, Klaus deserves a decade or two daggered and he could have done a lot worse when choosing Rebekah's new body. It's an understandable contrast to Finn who was daggered early on and never fell into the allies/enemies cycle the others did. 

Baby Hope is DARLING. I loved how much she smiled and gurgled whenever JM held her. Klaus is a dick but I love how JM shows him softening and nuzzling her. 

You know, I just cannot hate on Kol and his actions. He looks out for number one, himself, always. He always will. I understand his wanting a little revenge for Rebekah's betrayal 100 years ago. I'm just happy she is still alive and hope so see CH again as Rebekah, although I am willing to give the new actress a change. Thank GAWD LP is not portraying Rebekah. I have a feeling Davina will allow those teen hormones to temporarily blind her to Kol's machinations and true motivations. I just give myself happy thoughts by picturing Marcel waiting up for those two like a father would, checking the time as her curfew comes and goes, having heated spats with her with the typical "he's not right for you" and her "you don't know our love! it's real!" LOL

I had been wanting to see Esther and Mikael's reunion, I thought there would be more action involved (throttling, witchy magic bones breaking, etc) but I wasn't disappointed; it just isn't a family reunion without Mikael yelling and threatening to kill someone. Ha ha to Esther for being turned into the one thing she hates the most which she created anyway. And Mikael and Finn on the loose? I cannot WAIT to see what they come up with, I love both actors so much and what they bring to their respective characters. 

Elijah and Hayley. Hm. At first I was pleasantly surprised by their forbidden lurve but now…no. I hope they get it out of their systems and she can return to the black hole, for me, of the "woofs" SL. DG made that scene happen, PT's Skinemax facial expressions and moaning were awful. 

• Love 1

I don't know why Elijah is so on board with Hayley marrying Jackson.  If her plan works and the werewolves get access to their wolf strength and bite 24/7 and the process is repeated and eventually spread to all species, vampires are screwed.

He somehow thinks that Hayley uniting her people will allow her to bring Hope home.

I still don't know how much anyone is going to dig a werewolf vampire baby. You would think that anyone who didn't like the werewolves or the vampires (aka the witches) would try to kill Hope just to strike at Klaus and Hayley. Knowing she is so special would mean always having a target on her back as soon as anyone knows about her existence. I would guess there are some werewolves and vampires who might want to kill Hope too.

Elijah also said that there won't be peace in the French Quarter until he unifies the vampires and Hayley unifies the werewolves. I'm not entirely sure how he thinks having each group unified will cause them from hating the other group.

And Mikael and Finn on the loose? I cannot WAIT to see what they come up with, I love both actors so much and what they bring to their respective characters.

Best development yet!

I thought Kol was especially fun last night. Maybe because NB was back, supplying the history, but he seemed much more sympathetic to me than Elijah and Klaus. But if this season has done anything to me, it's siding with Finn and Kol over Klaus and Elijah.

I'm excited about the new Rebekah. She's beautiful and a witch, so things are about to get interesting. I want to see if she's got chemistry with Marcel and inappropriate chemistry with Klaus. That doesn't mean I won't miss Claire Holt, her one scene with NB was a real treat.

I hope Mikael and Esther have some intense hate sex next time they meet. I know Ansel is supposed to be her love, but Mikael is definitely her soulmate in wickedness.

Edited by driedfruit
  • Love 2

This was a nice mid season finale and that was such a great twist with Esther. Make her the monster she created her children to be. I can't wait to see Kol get his, although it would probably be different if the original actor was portraying Kol.

I'd say Kol is even. The family treats him like shit and IMO Rebekah shouldn't have doublecrossed him in the first place.All Kol ever wanted to do was kill Klaus and honestly who if any can truly fault him for that? Even on TVD his goal was to stop the rising of Silas which he turned out to be totally right about.

I would say Kol is definitely the most sensible one in the family, opportunistic? Sure but he has to be with a family of Judases that will let Klaus dagger him every time he becomes their definition of 'out of hand'. I love CH's Rebekah so I'm glad there's a chance for her to come back but the character really hates herself, I mean how many of her lovers and Elijahs lovers has her little bitch of a brother savagely murdered and she STILL doesn't have the balls to kill him. If it were Katherine or even Esther he'd be dead, dead dead. God I miss Katherine.

ETA They are really going to regret taking the witchywoo from Mommy Dearest when Black Dahlia comes-a-knockin'. That's gonna be the mother (no pun intended) of all I told you sos. Special request: When Black Dahlia comes, can she take out Hayley or at least a good memory wipe so she can run off and play with the wolves. I like Elijah better with Gia (more chemistry) it's a personal choice but there it is.

In summation, Nate Buzz I love you. Why won't they just let you come home?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Don't get me wrong, I watch several CW shows and I enjoy them, but I think the expectation is that you'll watch insanely pretty people doing ridiculous things and it's light fun. This show has quite a few surprisingly strong actors and the weaker actors don't really stand a chance against them. In other things, they'd probably be fine. Joseph Morgan and Daniel Gilles, especially, could have great careers if given the right opportunities.

• Love 1

I liked the episode itself fine. It was fitting come-uppance for Esther. I could even understand Kol`s grudge since it WAS always the trinity of Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah first and foremost. And while Klaus daggered and/or treated those two horribly as well over the years, he made no secret that there was closer to his heart than Kol ever was. I`ll exclude Finn right away since I get the impression everyone voted him off the island back then.

Still, while I am glad Rebekah`s character is back, I do hope Claire Holt hasn`t said no to further guest stints. Her chemistry with JoMo still rocks and it was nice to see some tender moments between the character. If pressed, I believe Klaus favours Rebekah even over Elijah.

The thing that weirded me out, though, was how similar the Elijah/Hailey sex scene was to what I remember from the Hailey/Klaus sex scene back in the TVD. I mean Klaus threw her on a table, while she is down to her bra and her hair fans out, Klaus looming over her, climbing on top basically. Here, Elijah throws her on something, she is down to her bra and her hair fans out while he looms over her, about to climb on top. What the fuck? Is this the brother`s favourite shared sex position?    

I get some repetitiveness in sex scenes. Over on TVD several ladies have thrown Damon up against a wall and tore off his shirt but it was different girls independantly of each other and I can write it off as something about him inviting that. But Elijah re-creating pretty much a step-by-step version of his brother bedding the same girl falls into serious weirdness for me. Please don`t tell me they actually talked about the specifics of it before.  

• Love 3

During the sex scene, I found myself wondering if Hayley's magical vagina will get pregnant again. It would cause tension between Klaus and Elijah, Hayley and Jackson, and Hayley and all of the werewokves she is trying to unite.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I liked the episode itself fine. It was fitting come-uppance for Esther. I could even understand Kol`s grudge since it WAS always the trinity of Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah first and foremost. And while Klaus daggered and/or treated those two horribly as well over the years, he made no secret that there was closer to his heart than Kol ever was. I`ll exclude Finn right away since I get the impression everyone voted him off the island back then.

Still, while I am glad Rebekah`s character is back, I do hope Claire Holt hasn`t said no to further guest stints. Her chemistry with JoMo still rocks and it was nice to see some tender moments between the character. If pressed, I believe Klaus favours Rebekah even over Elijah.

The thing that weirded me out, though, was how similar the Elijah/Hailey sex scene was to what I remember from the Hailey/Klaus sex scene back in the TVD. I mean Klaus threw her on a table, while she is down to her bra and her hair fans out, Klaus looming over her, climbing on top basically. Here, Elijah throws her on something, she is down to her bra and her hair fans out while he looms over her, about to climb on top. What the fuck? Is this the brother`s favourite shared sex position?

I get some repetitiveness in sex scenes. Over on TVD several ladies have thrown Damon up against a wall and tore off his shirt but it was different girls independantly of each other and I can write it off as something about him inviting that. But Elijah re-creating pretty much a step-by-step version of his brother bedding the same girl falls into serious weirdness for me. Please don`t tell me they actually talked about the specifics of it before.

I thought the exact same thing!

Although I also think some of it could be how Phoebe Tonkin "does sexy" that leads production to be somewhat over the top to make up for her horrible acting and lip biting..... Or knowing how they love to show this family has no idea about sexual boundaries maybe Klaus and Elijah DO share mating tips and whatnots.

When I first watched the episode and realized Hailey and Elijah we're going to close the deal, I was relieved they weren't going to push a romantic pairing between Hailey and Klaus.... Then I remembered The Vampire Diaries- Land of "You screwed my brother? Ehhh I can work with that".

Edited by GraceAnne
  • Love 2
Or knowing how they love to show this family has no idea about sexual boundaries maybe Klaus and Elijah DO share mating tips and whatnots.

I'll bet on it. There was that one time Elijah walked in on Klaus getting it on with that opera singer, and instead of walking out again, he proceeded to stay and have a drink. He looked like he wanted to stay and take pointers. 

And I agree with Phoebe's ott acting. She so beautiful and yet so unappealing most of the time. If the scene had been between the hot new vampire girl or Katherine (even Tatia) it could've been incredibly hot. Elijah's sexy was wasted on Hayley.

WOW...what an excellent episode!  This season is really bringing it.  I was on the edge of my seat while watching.

Someone made mention about Michael and Finn being together.  What will they plot!?!?!  What a pairing!!!!!!!

PLEASE bring back Nate full time.  Honestly, I think for once they are hearing their fans.  Bringing NB back in the online 4 part series (Awakening) and in flashbacks.  Hopefully they will hear us loud and clear - BRING HIM BACK FULL TIME!  I like DS playing the new Kol, but nothing beats NB for me.  He is my FAVORITE original.  I think Kol wants to be accepted.  I also think Kol can be extremely rational at times, but no one pays attention to him (thinking back to TVD prior to him being killed).  I also like that he keeps his word like Elijah does.  He also gets revenge LOL.  While I love Rebekah, I can see why he did that.

The online series (episode 4) goes into a bit more detail about the house new Rebekah is trapped in.  I am still awfully confused about the whole thing though.  Looks like the body Esther jumped out of this season is in that house?  Once you enter does that mean you can't leave?

Edited by TheHappinessHotel
  • Love 2

I gotta say that this show is quietly becoming my favorite.  I like how it is so casually racially diverse.  Anybody can be of any race but it's not a "thing".  But I think what really makes it is that the acting is surprisingly superb.  High quality actors playing full grown adults on the CW makes it stand out.

I loved this episode and actually this season as a whole. First I couldn't help but die a bit at the cute Baby Hope was bringing in spades.  My god what a happy, engaging baby she is!  I could see the actors struggling to stay in character because they all almost cracked up and fell out over her precious ad libbing.  Even Haley is marginally less annoying.  I buy her as an angry mother, sans child, and I warmed to the way she ran to the baby when Klaus drove up.  However, I am loving having the ENTIRE Mikaelson family on cast.   It is actually FEELING like the show's title is apropos.   I am so sorry to lose Claire because I love Beks and the chemistry between her and JoMo is ridiculous, almost laughable.  When they were doing the family selfie and she was leaning against his shoulder and he was smiling broadly, I thought "What a beautiful couple they are!  Oh...wait."  Still I liked the vibe in that bonfire scene between Beks, Elijah, and Klaus.  For the first time, since they weren't fighting each other, you really felt the sibling bond - like these are people who grew up together and understand each other.  Which only serves to illuminate the dysfunction of the remaining family.  I empathize with Kol's middle-child, odd man out sentiment.  How he felt that there was no room for him in that circle but then the final slap in the face of their acceptance of Marcel.  That must have been hard on him, even though the reality of it is a bit twisted because really it is Klaus at the center of it all.  Klaus is possessive of Rebekkah and keeps her close at all times.  If she threatens to stray, he punishes her.  Elijah, on the other hand is obsessed with saving Klaus and thus goes where Klaus goes.  Marcel seems to represent the only time Klaus has acted out of pure love which made him welcome in Elijah's eyes.  And since Marcel grew up to be fine and Becks was stuck there anyway, she turned to Marcel as a potential mate.  It's a weird grouping that is glued together by a mad man, but Kol, though very sensible, can't help but feel that little boy rejection even though it's probably a good thing to not be entangled in Klaus' sickness.  Still, it would do him good to have his family express love of him TO him.  Klaus was VERY upset when they killed him on TVD.  Kol didn't know his brother loved him, but he does.  Rebekkah often speaks of Kol, WHEN HE ISN'T AROUND.  He is loved and missed when he absent.

The one I feel MOST sorry for, however, is Finn.  He truly seems unloved by all.  He is Esther's henchman but no more than that to her.  Mikael apparently loved him as a child but once the Klaus issue came into play, thought of nothing else but his hurt pride.  Also it seems Mikael has a thing for daughters, with Freya and Rebekkah being his favorites.  Finn's siblings are so, so dismissive of him, it makes me sad.  But IIRC, Finn was the only sibling to seek out and maintain long term love in his vampire life.  He too craves normalcy.  I really hope this show fleshes out this character and makes him a force worth of the title ORIGINAL.  He is the oldest brother and needs to put the younger siblings properly in their places. 

I have no words for Esther.  No I do - Fascinating. She is truly a craptastic mother but such a powerful, negative force in all of their lives.  Rebekkah's face when she saw her mother told the whole story.  NONE of these children have any positive association with her.  Klaus put it best - you will be free when you stop expecting the monster to be a mother.  He is the most like her and the one who ALWAYS bests her. I kind of love that because, well she deserves him as a son.

• Love 2
The one I feel MOST sorry for, however, is Finn.  He truly seems unloved by all.  He is Esther's henchman but no more than that to her.  Mikael apparently loved him as a child but once the Klaus issue came into play, thought of nothing else but his hurt pride.  Also it seems Mikael has a thing for daughters, with Freya and Rebekkah being his favorites.  Finn's siblings are so, so dismissive of him, it makes me sad.  But IIRC, Finn was the only sibling to seek out and maintain long term love in his vampire life.  He too craves normalcy.  I really hope this show fleshes out this character and makes him a force worth of the title ORIGINAL.  He is the oldest brother and needs to put the younger siblings properly in their places.

Finn and Mikael should be interesting. He does love his daughters the most, but I do wonder about his relationship with Finn. All his sons have picked things up from Mikael, mirroring him in their viciousness. It's interesting to see what Finn inherited from him.

A way to integrate Finn would be instead of making Davina into teenage wonder witch, Klaus and Elijah are forced to rely on Finn to take down Dahlia. He's the one that hates her the most. And he's morally against what she's doing. And he might even be able to save his beloved Freya from her. More than anyone, I want to see Elijah bested by his older brother. He's been too smug and pretentious, and if anyone is the dull one, Elijah fits the bill more than even Finn in my opinion.

• Love 1

I completely loved this episode.  The family interactions are always fascinating to me and the more siblings in one place, the merrier.  The bonfire scene with the polaroid picture just melted me.  I know they had to destroy the picture, but it would have been great to see Klaus keep it, if only for a little while.  I thought the scene where Klaus and Hayley saw their daughter for the first time were well done (was so expecting the kid to start screaming when handed to Hayley...she relates to Bex as her mother and you know how little ones are when handed off to strangers).  Klaus sniffing her head was adorable and, while it fits with his werewolf side to sniff, I expect it was more a natural act by the actor than a reaction from the character. 

Davina is totally going to regret whatever she ends up doing with Kol.  I adore that 1000 year old imp but he is NOT boyfriend material.  If the writers really want to make me happy, they will have Davina being playing HIM while he thinks he is playing her.  I know it would be a little unrealistic that a 16-year-old would outsmart a 1000-year-old immortal but I could totally see Kol being overconfident simply because he is so much older (and knows how cute he is) and getting played in the end....hopefully right as he reveals he has been playing her.

Upon rewatch, one thing that cracked me up? When Klaus and Hailey are driving up to see Hope, Rebekah and Elijah, Klaus has his seatbelt on. Which, ahahahaha. Say what you want about Klaus Mikaelson but he is a responsible driver.  

• Love 2

That has to be my favorite episode EVER of TO. Loved them all together in the flashbacks and I like the integration of Marcel into the "family". They are doing a good job with his character.

Don't like new Kol but he is good at being bad. I want original Kol back.

Most everyone has already said the things I like, except I'm in the minority and like Elijah and Hayley. I loved their scene and think it was all they could do. They have lusted after each other forever and now they still can't be together so they chose one night. It was hott, but it was meant to be their goodbye...for now.

Since Jackson is a human and Hayley a hybrid I guess in 50ish years he will die then Hayley and Elijah could be together then.

• Love 1

I may have to rewatch the episode but with Rebecca body swapped, who's caring for baby Hope now?

I think the last we saw of Hope she was in the house in Arkansas with Hayley.  At least, I don't remember seeing Hayley in any of the subsequent New Orleans-based scenes.

My father and I watch this show together, and when Klaus revealed that Rebekah doped Esther with vampire blood and since she subsequently got killed is now in transition and now is stuck with a sadistic choice, we both simultaneously said "NICE!!!" That hypocritical monster of a mother who is no doubt going to choose to complete the transition really deserves to get stuck like that. Now if only they had done the same to Finn...