Type keyword(s) to search

The Millionaire Matchmaker - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love this show. It is so interesting to me how with some people she tears them apart but with others she's less brash. It just depends on if Patti thinks the girl will match with the millionaire. Got to keep it interesting for TV. But, I wish she'd just say no if the candidate is all wrong and give tips for dress and hair if the person could be right with some tweaks.

Patti, herself, changes so much in terms of looks and gets others to do the same. She's like a magician with insults as the driving force.

I wish she'd just say no if the candidate is all wrong and give tips for dress and hair if the person could be right with some tweaks.

I guess you haven't watched this show for very long!  She has torn the candidates apart and re-did them.  

I guess you haven't watched this show for very long! She has torn the candidates apart and re-did them.

I have but I didn't see much of last season. I think she usually does make people look better. It's just awful delivery...that TV star persona! /s

:) I do like Patti, but I know she probably wouldn't like me in real life. Though, I admit, I'd be scared to walk in and have her assess me.

A not so flattering piece by someone who went on a casting cattle call for the show.  Take it with a grain of salt.  I actually think I remember this girl too (she was a comedian--and I only recall a few of those ever making air).

Confessions of a #YOLO Enthusiast: I Was On Millionaire Matchmaker

Also, a piece on Patti's "success rate" (it's pretty informal and unscientific, but interesting).  I put this one in Patti's topic first, but I think it fits here as well.

Are Any 'Millionaire Matchmaker' Couples Still Together? We Assess Patti Stanger's Success Rate

Here's a piece about Dr. Emil Chynn, a fairly memorable participant on the show (because he came off REALLY badly) who claims Patti "Set Me Up To Fail!".  Clearly it could be sour grapes, but here's the piece. He claims, for example, that he ASKED for older women, and Patti yelling at him for picking a younger one was engineered by the show because they only presented him with young choices.

‘Millionaire Matchmaker’ Patti Stanger ‘Set Me Up To Fail!’ Claims Doctor Worth $10 Million

And finally, here's a piece about the show doing an episode this coming season for a true piece of garbage... Dina Lohan. Patti comes off as the sane, reasonable one here, so you know how bad Lohan probably was (unless this story and Patti's reactions are just squeezing the incident to get press and drive up the viewership--I mean I see that and think that Dina Lohan misbehaving could have been planned, or at least allowed to happen just so the show could milk it).

Like Mother, Like Daughter! Dina Lohan’s Diva Antics Almost Derailed Her ‘Millionaire Matchmaker’ Episode

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

As ludicrous as having Larry Birkhead on seems, this #&^ing show is going even lower with Dina Lohan coming up.

(please, if you must puke, don't do it onto your computer)

Yikes, Patti, that ombre dye job does not look good on you.

It's very five years ago too, isn't it?

• Love 3

I wondered how on earth Anna and Larry ever got together.  Wiki- they met at a Kentucky Derby party.  hmmmmmmm  We know he was very much in love with her and that seems sad because it does not ring true that Anna cared as much for him.  We will never know but given what I just saw, I would say he was not grand enough for her.  

Glad Miss "don't present with sexy" found a regular Joe.  Really?  

I am compelled to watch this show and I don't know why.  

I am compelled to watch this show and I don't know why.

Wings707, you took the words out of my mouth. I think it's because I look at Patty and wonder "how does someone like you think you're all that? Where does that boundless bravado come from, in the face of all evidence to the contrary??"

I never thought I'd actually miss the hipster/rockabilly couple from seasons past... but I do. They at least seemed like they were in on the joke, instead of having drunk the Koolaid.

• Love 5

Wings707, you took the words out of my mouth. I think it's because I look at Patty and wonder "how does someone like you think you're all that? Where does that boundless bravado come from, in the face of all evidence to the contrary??"

I never thought I'd actually miss the hipster/rockabilly couple from seasons past... but I do. They at least seemed like they were in on the joke, instead of having drunk the Koolaid.

I liked Destin and Rachael, too.  I think she wanted a more main stream cast.  The "reason" they are no longer with her is that they wanted to pursue other things; she makes jewelry.  yuh  

• Love 1

Only a regular Joe with a lot of money that was happy to get !Melyssa Ford! or someone who didn't really know her would settle down with her.

Every American black guy under 45 years old knows who she is, and may have preconceived notions about who she is, and she doesn't help that by dressing "sexy."  Although on "Blood Sweat & Heels" she didn't dress like she did last night. 

And how is she a millionaire when her card got declined on Blood Sweat & Heels and her financial manager told her to tighten up?

On paper, the Canadian guy would probably be the best fit.  She's either going to have to marry an industry guy, a regular Joe just thirsty & happy to be with her (Jay) or somebody who really didn't know what she did at all.

Larry Birkhead needs somebody "grand" and "over the top" like Anna Nicole.  I think he would be very content to stay in the shadows admiring his ladylove.  Michelle was too regular for him.

Dannielynn is gorgeous.  That is all.

• Love 2

Um, I just figured Larry Birkhead is a gay man.  Notice Patti never asked when his last relationship with a woman was -- or if he's ever had one with a woman other than Anna Nicole.  Rolling eyes hard.  Oh, how this reminded me of when she set up Kim K's bestie, who everyone in the world (except him) knows is gay.  Same with Larry.  Er, hey Larry, ya ain't gonna find the right woman unless she's got a dick.

And btw, Larry is 41, not 38, the age stated on the show.  I've never watched the Heels show so I had no interest in that woman, but damn, she was a hard-looking 37, if that's the age she is -- which I'm doubting since so much on this show is such bullshit.

What Larry doesn't share is that he may be obsessed with Anna Nicole because he's made his connection to her his way of earning a shit-ton of money -- certainly it's what bought that big house he's living in.  Seems so sleazy & oddball.  Even if he's straight, which I find hard to believe, he seems like a strange character -- as far as someone anyone would want in a partner.  But how he is with his daughter did seem sweet tho.  

Whether he's gay or not, the Anna Nicole obsession is weird as fuck.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

So Patti got rid of that annoying chick assistant & the pretty-boy useless dude assistant, but she kept the obedient puppy/accessory gay & added a new assistant.  Wow, the new assistant was so dull & kiss-assy.  Patti clearly is a nightmare & impossible to work with.  But she should learn the lesson of what totally killed Rachel Zoe's show.  Instead of having assistants she could sorta battle with, she installed kiss-ass assistants that were yes-women/fembots.  I can see Patti has done the same thing.  It's still the same old, same old shit with Patti.  Those titles she gives the butt-smooching assistants are a hoot.

• Love 1

I looked at it from the angle of what woman would want to leave her life in california and go to Kentucky to live in that nuthouse? I saw them on Wife Swap or whatever that show is. His sister is nuts- the household is INSANE! Plus all the Anna Nicole stuff all over. No woman would drag her kids from their lives into that mess. 

• Love 3

I looked at it from the angle of what woman would want to leave her life in california and go to Kentucky to live in that nuthouse? I saw them on Wife Swap or whatever that show is. His sister is nuts- the household is INSANE! Plus all the Anna Nicole stuff all over. No woman would drag her kids from their lives into that mess. 

I agree and did not see wife swap.  He is shy and socially awkward.  I don't think he was with Anna very long.  Who knows what she saw in him or what she was thinking!  He was dazzled that someone like her would even notice him, I am sure.  

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20012497,00.html 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

My gaydar went off with Larry too.

Patti is such a train wreck. A friend of mine went to HS with her in NJ and said all the stuff about her mother and grandmother being matchmakers is complete bullshit (notice they don't use that in the opening anymore). I don't know who in their right minds would go to her for dating advice, even if it's free.

Still, I watch the stupid show for the occasional gems like crazy Hello Kitty millionairess giving that dude a hand job under the table. 

• Love 8

It's still the same old, same old shit with Patti.  Those titles she gives the butt-smooching assistants are a hoot.

Yeah, as you say, at the very least Patti has down pat the bullshit thing of giving people bloated titles to make them feel more important/vested.  I mean as far as we can see it's always a 3-4 person office, but she's had Vice-Presidents aplenty in the past (thus the thread title) and currently two people, one who's brand new, who are "Directors".

I remember hearing rumors about Larry's sexuality and that Anna Nicole had the baby for Larry and his lover.

Patti did say something interesting about Melyssa Ford.  She's right, Kim Kardashian has nothing on her, but still Kar-trashian managed to marry Kanye and Melyssa's still single.  

I can't explain it but I can't stand this Jeff Ogden.  I get an extremely phony vibe from him as he tries to convince us he's some super nice guy.  I loved how his tape talks about how hard it is to date when he's "in the public eye."  First, no one remembers you.  Second, maybe you don't find a date by "being in the public eye" by going on a show FFS.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

Um, I just figured Larry Birkhead is a gay man.  Notice Patti never asked when his last relationship with a woman was -- or if he's ever had one with a woman other than Anna Nicole.  Rolling eyes hard.  Oh, how this reminded me of when she set up Kim K's bestie, who everyone in the world (except him) knows is gay.  Same with Larry.  Er, hey Larry, ya ain't gonna find the right woman unless she's got a dick.

And btw, Larry is 41, not 38, the age stated on the show.  I've never watched the Heels show so I had no interest in that woman, but damn, she was a hard-looking 37, if that's the age she is -- which I'm doubting since so much on this show is such bullshit.

What Larry doesn't share is that he may be obsessed with Anna Nicole because he's made his connection to her his way of earning a shit-ton of money -- certainly it's what bought that big house he's living in.  Seems so sleazy & oddball.  Even if he's straight, which I find hard to believe, he seems like a strange character -- as far as someone anyone would want in a partner.  But how he is with his daughter did seem sweet tho.  

Whether he's gay or not, the Anna Nicole obsession is weird as fuck.

I was always under the impression he was gay as well.  

• Love 2

Girl, bye.   Jeff who now?  What does the man even do?  I couldn't remember him and there are only two damn contestants on the whole show.   How bout this Jeff, how bout you get all the way out your feelings and call it a win if you find a chick who wants to spend even more time with your sensitive ass.    Wavering about the fuck a yes mean.   I can't.

Chilli wanted to just plug her tour.  And dat's about it.  She revealed almost nothing to Patti.  She picked someone she knew was gonna be a crap date.  She clearly didn't care.  The replacement date, she also couldn't care less about.  Patti ended up doing nothing for her, but Chilli plugged her tour &  Patti got a semi-celeb on her show.  So they both got what they wanted, but it sure was a waste of time for viewers.

I can't explain it but I can't stand this Jeff Ogden.  I get an extremely phony vibe from him as he tries to convince us he's some super nice guy.

Yup, something is def goin' on with Jeff that we weren't privy to.  A hot ex-NFL guy with a great body & some bucks -- and he has trouble maintaining a relationship with a woman?  Er, what the fuckety fuck?  Why?  I didn't get a gay vibe, so I don't think that's it.  Altho I'm not completely eliminating it as a possibility.  Is he shy?  Nah.  It could be he thinks he's so awesome, nobody is good enough for him.  

I just didn't get how fuckin' passive he was.  Maybe he thought in his deluded mind they were just soooo lucky to be near him.  Yeah, right.  He sure was dull.  That always-saying-the-right-things stuff would make alarm bells go off for me.  I wouldn't trust him for a second.  Something is off about him.  All in all -- a total dud.  This is your idea of a "catch", Patti?  Er, no.

Hey Patti, you ain't doin' any of your gold-digging hooker chicks any favors by throwing 'em at this loser.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Chilli wanted to just plug her tour.  And dat's about it.  She revealed almost nothing to Patti.  She picked someone she knew was gonna be a crap date.  She clearly didn't care.  The replacement date, she also couldn't care less about.  Patti ended up doing nothing for her, but Chilli plugged her tour &  Patti got a semi-celeb on her show.  So they both got what they wanted, but it sure was a waste of time for viewers.

Yup, something is def goin' on with Jeff that we weren't privy to.  A hot ex-NFL guy with a great body & some bucks -- and he has trouble maintaining a relationship with a woman?  Er, what the fuckety fuck?  Why?  I didn't get a gay vibe, so I don't think that's it.  Altho I'm not completely eliminating it as a possibility.  Is he shy?  Nah.  It could be he thinks he's so awesome, nobody is good enough for him.  

I just didn't get how fuckin' passive he was.  Maybe he thought in his deluded mind they were just soooo lucky to be near him.  Yeah, right.  He sure was dull.  That always-saying-the-right-things stuff would make alarm bells go off for me.  I wouldn't trust him for a second.  Something is off about him.  All in all -- a total dud.  This is your idea of a "catch", Patti?  Er, no.

Hey Patti, you ain't doin' any of your gold-digging hooker chicks any favors by throwing 'em at this loser.

All of that and the woman he went out with decided she'd rather watch paint dry than to do it again.   I was about to say maybe he had some weirdo ass future serial killer ping about him but it doesn't track.  Ted Bundy and Charles Manson were charming as shit.

You could tell chili wasn't into date no. 2 when he tried for the kiss and she did everything she could to avoid. He was hot. Her first dude was a super douche.

So since patti isn't constantly mentioning her bf, are we to assume they broke up ?

I like the new girl.

Edited by TiredMe

Felix is gay gay gay as are most of these guys she brings to the mixers. She failed at setting up both of these people this week. I hate when she acts like it was a success because the celebrity is going to date again. Whatever.

Next week the royal guy looks like a hot mess in a really fun way!

• Love 2

What's up with Patty Potty Mouth this season?  Her contrived "Patty Melts" are one thing, but in this ep she seemed to be f-bombing just for the sake of f-bombing:  "Just be your fucking self.", "This is my job, to know what the fuck's going on.", etc.  I get it, she's supposed to be a brutally honest, successful, alpha female, but it's jarring to the point of distraction, i.e., it takes the viewer out of the moment, when every other sentence has a bleep in it. And, (take a hint Dr. Jenn Berman) it comes off pretty fuckin' unprofessional.

• Love 3

Who at Bravo neutered this show? They took all the best bits (ie. the second rate douchey male "millionaires" with delusions of grandeur, the in house castings where Patty would viciously cut down the girls physical appearances) and what's left isn't very compelling to watch.

So disappointed with this C-list celeb angle this season. Probably time to retire Patty. She's so out of fashion it took her hair 4 years to get the ombre memo.

• Love 2

I hate when she says "juicy goosy downstairs"- she says it all the time. It disgusts me and I'm not a prude. 

These c-list celebs must go on the show to promote themselves. As they don't want to date normal people or gay men. 

• Love 2

I thought it was hilarious in the previews with Jill Zarin's daughter, that Patti told Jill to "zip it" followed by Jill sticking her straw in her nose.  All I could think of was Jill's crazy dog licking her nose all the time.  Some things just don't change.

I had to mute most of the Jill Zarin stuff. Wasn't this supposed to be about Jill's DAUGHTER??????? Not JILL ZARIN???? I can't stand her and I cannot believe she (possibly with daughter's permission) is using her daughter to get herself JILL ZARIN on TV again.

My head was about to explode. Shameless.

I hate when she says "juicy goosy downstairs"- she says it all the time. It disgusts me and I'm not a prude. 

To be fair, and I'm just going by the promos where she is constantly trying to stride with command in heels she can barely crawl in.  But it could be, going by the walk and the posture, Patty actually does have a freshly roasted goose nestled between her thighs.

I want to know who does her fillers/botox and if they have a bid in for Versailles.  Seasonally it was bad enough.  But the promos for this episode and Patty had about three different "faces".  Maybe she injects herself between takes.  That or her body is constantly rejecting her attempts to keep it looking fresh. 

• Love 4

I had to mute most of the Jill Zarin stuff. Wasn't this supposed to be about Jill's DAUGHTER??????? Not JILL ZARIN???? I can't stand her and I cannot believe she (possibly with daughter's permission) is using her daughter to get herself JILL ZARIN on TV again.

My head was about to explode. Shameless.

Of COURSE she is!

is it my imagination, or are more of "Procurement Patty"'s "clients" third-tier celebrities every season?