Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

Lisa R is desperately trying to make her girls happen so I imagine that they'll be featured again as well. 

I find it funny too that all the ass kissing Eileen did with Erika did nothing to save her job. I'm positive that part of the reason Eileen was not asked back was her inability to get along with LisaV. 

I think the other thing that bothers me about Eileen coming back is the smug satisfaction that Kim must have felt when she heard. I'm sure she sees it as a win for her and feels that she was some sort of victim of Eileen's because Eileen had the audacity to tell the truth about her.

Gah, is there any positive news on the casting front for this coming season? Are they bringing in anybody new or are we getting a smaller cast this season? So far I count Kyle, LVP,  Rinna, Erika, Dorit(?), and Kim. Am I missing anyone?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Lisa R is desperately trying to make her girls happen so I imagine that they'll be featured again as well. 

I find it funny too that all the ass kissing Eileen did with Erika did nothing to save her job. I'm positive that part of the reason Eileen was not asked back was her inability to get along with LisaV. 

I think the other thing that bothers me about Eileen coming back is the smug satisfaction that Kim must have felt when she heard. I'm sure she sees it as a win for her and feels that she was some sort of victim of Eileen's because Eileen had the audacity to tell the truth about her.

Gah, is there any positive news on the casting front for this coming season? Are they bringing in anybody new or are we getting a smaller cast this season? So far I count Kyle, LVP,  Rinna, Erika, Dorit(?), and Kim. Am I missing anyone?

Some Mellencamp chick was added. I forgot her first name, but it's not Elaine Irwin Mellencamp. I think it's his daughter?

• Love 1

Whose ass was bring kissed? They seemed to be genuine friends.

Also, Eileen left the show because she felt she didn't have time to do the show and work on 2 soaps at the same time. Nothing to do with her not being asked back...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Also, Eileen left the show because she felt she didn't have time to do the show and work on 2 soaps at the same time. Nothing to do with her not being asked back...

I agree. They seem to be actual friends. They still communicate back and forth on Twitter. Anyway, why would Eileen, who had already been on the show for a year before Erika and was pretty established, need to kiss Erika's ass? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

I thought that was basically just Eileen trying to save face. I got the impression that production wanted her to be more available and she obviously wasn't about to give up her plushy soap gigs to spend more time on the show especially since she doesn't like or get along with all of the women. She knows that Lisa isn't going anywhere and they're never going to be real friends.

I thought they were genuine "friends" because Eileen spent most of her time telling Erika how fabulous she is. Erika doesn't typically do friendships with women (according to Erika) and IMO she prefers surrounding herself with men who will worship her. Eileen was okay with kissing ass so Erika ended up liking her. It also helped that Eileen gave her an opportunity to get more attention, something that Erika can't get enough of. I can't say that I saw evidence of a genuine friendship but that's just me. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 4

since she doesn't like or get along with all of the women

That's true for everyone on this franchise except maybe Kyle. Eileen was friends with Rinna, Ericka, and Kyle, so she was friends with more HWs than she wasn't.

I can't say that I saw evidence of a genuine friendship but that's just me. 

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, BBHN said:

That's true for everyone on this franchise except maybe Kyle. Eileen was friends with Rinna, Ericka, and Kyle, so she was friends with more HWs than she wasn't.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

I think Eileen, Erika, Dorit, Kyle and the Lisas are capable of genuine friendships with women. It's Erika who is a big question mark there and that's by her own admission. 

Edited by Avaleigh
I forgot to add Kyle
  • Love 3

I think Erika knows that she needs to get along with some people in order to maintain a spot on the show. 

If Erika hadn't made such blanket statements about women in general and why she prefers to surround herself with men instead, then I wouldn't side eye her on this topic as much as I have. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5

You can say that about any of the women on this or any other HW show, in that case.

It's possible as I said that people change. Or that Ericka in general prefers the company of gay men as friends, but now that she has had a chance to get to know some of the HWs on this show, is willing to open up her circle of friends.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

But as we have seen, she has developed friendships with Rinna, Eileen, and Kyle.

This is one of those things that I noticed about Erika. She only seems to develop "friendships" with those who allow her to be the center of attention. Eileen was worshipful right out of the gate. Rinna pissed her off by beefing with Yolanda and had to work double time to gain more of a friendship with her. And she and Kyle didn't really become friends until after the show in Greece, in which Erika was the center of attention and Kyle just went along with whatever Erika did. What's even weirder about this is that Eileen is supposedly the "closest" to Erika out of all the women, but it was Eileen and Rinna who egged Dorit on with Pantygate. Kyle was the only one to say that Erika might not appreciate Dorit's attempt at humor. It made me wonder if there wasn't a little bit of resentment on Eileen and Rinna's part that they were so gleeful about mocking Erika. 

Then, there was that weirdness when Erika attacked Eileen simply because she was trying to minimize the full on attack of Dorit about pantygate by showing how small and petty this fight was in comparison to harming one of the kids. Erika didn't even apologize to Eileen until after she confirmed that she was still scheduled to film the soap. I know that all of the women on the show are narcissists, but since Erika shows so little of her actual self, her narcissistic tendencies  tend to stand out to me more. It's probably because it's the most genuine part of herself she ever really seems to show. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I think Erika knows that she needs to get along with some people in order to maintain a spot on the show. 

If Erika hadn't made such blanket statements about women in general and why she prefers to surround herself with men instead, then I wouldn't side eye her on this topic as much as I have. 

Her initial statement bugged me at first. Before I got to know her on the show better. In general, I am initially wary of women who don't form close friendships with other women, but I have a very close friend who is like that. Very guarded for a lot of reasons. Once the walls were broken down, she is as good of a friend as a person could dream of having. I thought that Kyle framed it well when she was talking about her in one of her TH interviews. Said that Erika had been hurt and judged by a lot of women in her life, and it made her put a wall up to an extent. I can understand that. She is also an extremely supportive person, and I don't think she has a problem sharing the spotlight. I loved how she was with Kyle in Greece. How she encouraged her to put on her bathing suit and come out and show off her lovely figure. How she told her she was beautiful and sexy and seemed to mean it. How she talked about what an incredible woman Kyle was as a mother and how much she respected her as a career woman. She was just kind to her. Encouraging of her. Honestly, of all the women on the show - and I tend to like a lot of them - I think she would be the most generous friend. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

This is one of those things that I noticed about Erika. She only seems to develop "friendships" with those who allow her to be the center of attention. Eileen was worshipful right out of the gate. Rinna pissed her off by beefing with Yolanda and had to work double time to gain more of a friendship with her. And she and Kyle didn't really become friends until after the show in Greece, in which Erika was the center of attention and Kyle just went along with whatever Erika did. What's even weirder about this is that Eileen is supposedly the "closest" to Erika out of all the women, but it was Eileen and Rinna who egged Dorit on with Pantygate. Kyle was the only one to say that Erika might not appreciate Dorit's attempt at humor. It made me wonder if there wasn't a little bit of resentment on Eileen and Rinna's part that they were so gleeful about mocking Erika. 

Then, there was that weirdness when Erika attacked Eileen simply because she was trying to minimize the full on attack of Dorit about pantygate by showing how small and petty this fight was in comparison to harming one of the kids. Erika didn't even apologize to Eileen until after she confirmed that she was still scheduled to film the soap. I know that all of the women on the show are narcissists, but since Erika shows so little of her actual self, her narcissistic tendencies  tend to stand out to me more. It's probably because it's the most genuine part of herself she ever really seems to show. 

All of this. Erika is happiest when she's the center of attention. She gets along with the women who compliment her and fawn over her the way the men in her life do. 

Erika is also quick to say that other women are, in her own words, "jealous" of her and her lifestyle. I have little patience for people who claim that others are jealous of them. It can occasionally be true, but when that's your go-to assumption about other women then yeah, I'm going to give you some major side eye. 

Erika's closest friends seem to be the people who are on her payroll. 

Erika's anger at Eileen was ridiculously over the top. She went into full on diva mode even though it was clear that Eileen's intention wasn't to upset her. 

• Love 15

Her initial statement bugged me at first. Before I got to know her on the show better. In general, I am initially wary of women who don't form close friendships with other women, but I have a very close friend who is like that. Very guarded for a lot of reasons. Once the walls were broken down, she is as good of a friend as a person could dream of having. I thought that Kyle framed it well when she was talking about her in one of her TH interviews. Said that Erika had been hurt and judged by a lot of women in her life, and it made her put a wall up to an extent. I can understand that. She is also an extremely supportive person, and I don't think she has a problem sharing the spotlight. I loved how she was with Kyle in Greece. How she encouraged her to put on her bathing suit and come out and show off her lovely figure. How she told her she was beautiful and sexy and seemed to mean it. How she talked about what an incredible woman Kyle was as a mother and how much she respected her as a career woman. She was just kind to her. Encouraging of her. Honestly, of all the women on the show - and I tend to like a lot of them - I think she would be the most generous friend. 

giphy.gif

• Love 3
On October 3, 2017 at 7:38 AM, Avaleigh said:

Teddi Jo Mellencamp is Eileen's replacement. Camille has reportedly been filming enough and is involved in adequate conflict for a potential seventh diamond but full-time slots on the franchise at large are so arbitrarily determined for returnees (i.e. Sheree and Danielle Staub, both of whom only snagged FOH during the first seasons of their comebacks). 

I think Kim may just be making guest appearances. 

If you're interested in spoilers (there's supposedly been one major shift among alliances), The True HW Tea is a Twitter account that synthesizes a lot of fairly accurate scoops across all of the cities. 

On September 26, 2017 at 6:50 PM, mack6986 said:

Hopefully this is the right thread for this...

Joyce is in Jeepers Creepers 3, which I saw tonight.  She plays a deputy and doesn't have much screen time, but she was good in her few scenes (though she didn’t do much but scream/cry).

Thanks for noting this. I'm both a fan of Joyce and horror films. The Jeepers Creepers franchise has typically been a little too graphic for my particular tastes in scary movies but I may have to check it out. 

Siberia, the  NBC supernatural/sci-fi take on Ten Little Indians in which Joyce starred, was really underrated. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Teddi Jo Mellencamp is Eileen's replacement. Camille has reportedly been filming enough and is involved in adequate conflict for a potential seventh diamond but full-time slots on the franchise at large are so arbitrarily determined for returnees (i.e. Sheree and Danielle Staub, both of whom only snagged FOH during the first seasons of their comebacks). 

I think Kim may just be making guest appearances. 

If you're interested in spoilers (there's supposedly been one major shift among alliances), The True HW Tea is a Twitter account that synthesizes a lot of fairly accurate scoops across all of the cities. 

Thanks for noting this. I'm both a fan of Joyce and horror films. The Jeepers Creepers franchise has typically been a little too graphic for my particular tastes in scary movies but I may have to check it out. 

Siberia, the  NBC supernatural/sci-fi take on Ten Little Indians in which Joyce starred, was really underrated. 

Ooh, can you please spoiler tag about the alliance shift since we don't have a spoiler thread? I'm super curious. 

Not much info on Teddi other than her being a health and fitness guru kind of like Eden. Hopefully she's a little more interesting. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Ooh, can you please spoiler tag about the alliance shift since we don't have a spoiler thread? I'm super curious. 

Not much info on Teddi other than her being a health and fitness guru kind of like Eden. Hopefully she's a little more interesting. 

Spoiler

Supposedly, the season gets off to a slow start with little drama or action and the site claims production was begging someone to get the party started. 

Rinna brings it first (no big surprise there) it sounds like with Kyle. The stuff I have read makes it sound like it comes out of nowhere and that Rinna was working to make things happen. LVP still hates Rinna. 

Rinna and Erika continue to be close, closer than ever. The big alliance shift apparently happens between Dorit and LVP. Supposedly Dorit betrays LVP in some way and LVP is very hurt.  Erika also has an argument with Kyle and they get into it. Kyle and Teddi also have some sort of an issue, although LVP and Teddi get close. It sounds like at this time in filming (they still have over a month to go) LVP and Kyle are still tight. 

It sounds like Kyle will have problems along the way with lots of people, so her carefully crafted way of avoiding the drama over the last two years may be coming to an end. I have also read that Erika may be getting the bitch edit. It's her 3rd season so that would make sense. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, gundysgirl said:
  Hide contents

Supposedly, the season gets off to a slow start with little drama or action and the site claims production was begging someone to get the party started. 

Rinna brings it first (no big surprise there) it sounds like with Kyle. The stuff I have read makes it sound like it comes out of nowhere and that Rinna was working to make things happen. LVP still hates Rinna. 

Rinna and Erika continue to be close, closer than ever. The big alliance shift apparently happens between Dorit and LVP. Supposedly Dorit betrays LVP in some way and LVP is very hurt.  Erika also has an argument with Kyle and they get into it. Kyle and Teddi also have some sort of an issue, although LVP and Teddi get close. It sounds like at this time in filming (they still have over a month to go) LVP and Kyle are still tight. 

It sounds like Kyle will have problems along the way with lots of people, so her carefully crafted way of avoiding the drama over the last two years may be coming to an end. I have also read that Erika may be getting the bitch edit. It's her 3rd season so that would make sense. 

Ooh, I'm excited about all of this. Even with the bad news of Kim, I'm really looking forward to this season since this is easily my favorite HW franchise.

Lol, about Erika getting the bitch edit. Hey, the editors work with what the ladies put out there. I'm curious to know what Dorit did. I love that PVP has no fucks to give regarding Rinna.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Ooh, I'm excited about all of this. Even with the bad news of Kim, I'm really looking forward to this season since this is easily my favorite HW franchise.

Reveal hidden contents

Lol, about Erika getting the bitch edit. Hey, the editors work with what the ladies put out there. I'm curious to know what Dorit did. I love that PVP has no fucks to give regarding Rinna.

Spoiler

Apparently, Dorit and Erika became tight during the second half of filming. It sounds like all of the women minus LVP went out to dinner and most of them trashed her while Dorit didn't pipe up in her defense. Kyle and Teddi reported back to Lisa, thus commencing Dorit's shift onto Team Erika/Rinna. Honestly, this doesn't sound all that bad considering Dorit was pretty consistently piled on last year with minimal interjection from Kyle or Lisa. 

It seems like Camille may be a free agent, but more closely affiliated with Dorit, Erika, and LR. 

• Love 3
On 10/5/2017 at 2:59 PM, Avaleigh said:

I hope this is due to reports that she has a guest visit(s)?   She is not coming back for more, right? 

• Love 1

I wouldn’t have thought that Camille being awarded a portion of her former spouse’s retirement fund was unusual or in any way remarkable for a divorce. Doesn’t this also happen when average people divorce?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I wouldn’t have thought that Camille being awarded a portion of her former spouse’s retirement fund was unusual or in any way remarkable for a divorce. Doesn’t this also happen when average people divorce?

I think it' only in the news because it came 6 years after the divorce.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think it' only in the news because it came 6 years after the divorce.

Via the garbage news source: 

“Kelsey and Camille Grammer seemingly settled their divorce years ago, but Camille has found a way to get herself paid one more time.

The Grammers divorced in 2010 and settled things in 2012, with Camille reportedly scoring a $30,000,000 payday.

But court docs filed earlier this month and obtained by The Blast show that a judge awarded Camille one more little chunk of change … in the form of half of Kelsey’s 401(k) plan.

TheBlast.com

The judge awarded 50% of the balance of the account as of June 29, 2010 to Camille, adjusted for investment gains or losses.

Kelsey Grammer … the gift that keeps on giving.”

We don’t actually know when she was awarded her split of the retirement fund. And I hate the misogynist way it makes Camille a deceptive gold digger. She’s probably was a gold digger, but Kelsey was never deceived. A trophy wife is still a wife. 

• Love 7

LVP, Erika and Kyle were on the guests on the Megyn Kelly segment of the Today Show.  Apparently there is no rift between Kyle and LVP.  LVP pretty much owned the segment-very entertaining.  Erika had a short clip of one of her songs.  No upcoming scenes, just on montage of arguments. I am sure they will post the segment later today on the Today Show site.   

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

LVP, Erika and Kyle were on the guests on the Megyn Kelly segment of the Today Show.  Apparently there is no rift between Kyle and LVP.  LVP pretty much owned the segment-very entertaining.  Erika had a short clip of one of her songs.  No upcoming scenes, just on montage of arguments. I am sure they will post the segment later today on the Today Show site.   

They did (I posted about this on the Small Talk thread) but they didn't show the montage, viewer questions and what if anything is off limits on the clip. Just the first to segments. 

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

They did (I posted about this on the Small Talk thread) but they didn't show the montage, viewer questions and what if anything is off limits on the clip. Just the first to segments. 

Okay.  I thought the Small Talk thread was not suppose to be about the show.  My goof-i never read that thread.  Here is a big chunk of the interview:  https://view.yahoo.com/show/nbc-today-show/clip/61035743/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-visit-megyn

Edited by zoeysmom
Because chink and chunk are not the same
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

After I saw your post I thought darn, I posted in the wrong thread. My bad. 

It is all good-for some reason the second portion of the interview is cut off.  I thought they did a good job.  More RHOBH PR.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It is all good-for some reason the second portion of the interview is cut off.  I thought they did a good job.  More RHOBH PR.

They did. They were fun.

Why has LVP taken to wearing these bow blouses? Or maybe she always has and I am just now noticing? 

Love Erika's hair when she wears it like that. 

2 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Why has LVP taken to wearing these bow blouses? Or maybe she always has and I am just now noticing? 

Pinky's frequent wearings of the pencil skirt/conservative blouse/hose 'n heels combo (as contrasted with the tight body-conscious attire most of her fellow BH HWs sport) may be motivated by a desire to set herself apart -- one way of saying she's a serious businesswoman and don't anyone forget it.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, SCS said:

Pinky's frequent wearings of the pencil skirt/conservative blouse/hose 'n heels combo (as contrasted with the tight body-conscious attire most of her fellow BH HWs sport) may be motivated by a desire to set herself apart -- one way of saying she's a serious businesswoman and don't anyone forget it.

I think you are right. She use to wear the pencil skirts and those great button down blouses. The ones she said she had custom made for her. I thought she looked great in them. But then I am not a big fan of big bows. 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 4
On 1/9/2018 at 1:38 PM, gundysgirl said:

They did. They were fun.

Love Erika's hair when she wears it like that. 

I feel like she just likes having a reason to say pussy bow.  Or maybe she wants to hide her neck and it's never turtleneck season in LA.  She's worn them over the years, but it definitely feels like the frequency as increased.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I watched the modeling show. Yolanda is actually pretty cool in it. She seems grounded, kind, and self-aware. 

I'm tuning in too.  I'm convinced Yolanda is a cuckoo bird where men are concerned, but she seems to have done a great job parenting her kids.  

• Love 3
On 1/13/2018 at 9:26 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I feel like she just likes having a reason to say pussy bow.  Or maybe she wants to hide her neck and it's never turtleneck season in LA.  She's worn them over the years, but it definitely feels like the frequency as increased.

I've noticed ( especially at the reunions) that LVP's neck is getting quite wrinkled. Other than her hairstle/dry hair, she looks beautiful.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I've noticed ( especially at the reunions) that LVP's neck is getting quite wrinkled. Other than her hairstle/dry hair, she looks beautiful.

Neck/decollete aging is hard to fight/hide on most people and you can notice it on Rinna as well this season (although her thinness helps a bit).

• Love 3
7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I agree, C333 -- Pinky's throat is a vision in crepe-iness.

Edited by SCS
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

That “model” doesn’t have the looks or body that Paul Marciano would even consider for Guess

The real question is...does she have the looks or body that Mohamed would consider for rape? 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

The real question is...does she have the looks or body that Mohamed would consider for rape? 

She doesn’t looks like she’s got a better body than Shiva, she’s not nearly as pretty, and Mohamed likes to cheat with blonde euro models.

It still could’ve happened.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Rinna is much more likeable when she isn't trying to stir up shit and make a story line  for herself.

Yes! When she brought up the LVP lawsuit I was like, “NOOOO, Rinna! You were doing so well!” You could tell she couldn’t help herself.

• Love 3