Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Magnum Opus

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Indy had to pick the Cup of Christ, in a room full of cups. 

The moment they went into the chamber I nerded out and started quoting from the Last Crusade--I was a little disappointed Abbie didn't make a reference to it.

Katrina is worse than a damsel. If she was just lying around being helpless, they could rescue her or not, but the way she is now, she's actively making everything worse with her weepy ineptitude and whispery schemes of anguished interfering blandness. Actually, except for Abbie, everyone on the damn show is emo at this point. It's getting past annoying.

I guess if Katrina winds up going evil then she can start screwing up the bad guys' plans instead thereby giving the Witnesses an advantage for once.  That being said, her dying is much more preferable.  

I always find the color of her hair distracting.  That color red does not exist outside of a bottle.  Clairol wasn't around in the 1700's.  I think I would find her character more tolerable if she looked more like a woman from that era.

This has bothered me since day one.  For a while I thought the color setting on my TV was off or it was because the lighting was bad in purgatory, but no, it's just a truly awful wig.

This episode held my attention much better than previous ones (with the exception of Mama which was pretty awesome).  I felt Ichabod redeemed himself a little bit by drawing Headless' attention away from Abbie--and then quickly annoyed me by fighting with Abraham.  Ugh--I know it's been said a hundred times but Headless is so much better than Abraham.  I don't need to hear either of them whine about Katrina.

My DVR screwed up and cut off the last couple minutes--right when Ichabod drew the sword (although weirdly it had nothing to do with Ferguson--it just decided to stop working) so I don't know if that was the real ending or not....  It seemed weak for a fall finale--is there another episode I missed the previews for?  It sounds like most of us will have to be watching the show again on Hulu or Demand...

• Love 2

It is really amazing to see the difference between Abraham and Headless. Every time we go back to Headless the character's energy, presence, and charisma just shines through -  the actor who portrays him really should get an opening scenes credit!

I think one of the biggest mistakes they made this season (among many others) was creating the Abraham doppelganger for Headless. It just drags the whole conflict between the Witnesses and the Horsemen. It falls into that old canard that once you show the monster in a horror movie it loses much of its power. No better example than what has happened here. I have no respect for Headless as an adversary at all anymore.

I didn't sign on to this show to watch the two mopey sad sacks of Abraham and Struggle Witch...argh......

• Love 4

Maybe I am deluding myself but I am ok with Abbie letting Crane pull the sword because a) she wouldn't know what to do with a sword and b) his ego needed it.

I was thinking "yeah, girl, let him possibly burn himself on the sword in the pit of fiery oil" myself.  And I also had immediate flashbacks to both Clash of the Titans (the good, cheesy, original one) and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

• Love 3
Who were the two Horseman behind Henry in the last scene? I know that one was the Horseman of Death, but who was the other?

All I could think of when I saw the two horses was that Henry is suppose to get on one and RIDE it. I really, really want to see  that.

One horse looked weird, like it had a bag on its head.  Someone here said it was a robot Horseman, which really escapes me. So the Apocalypse is being fought with robots now?

Totally laughed about Crane having to fight with no socks. When he and Abbie were having the discussion about sock torches vs. flares is when Fox cut into my programming so, darn, missed the good banter.

Abraham becomes completely wimpy when his head appears, which it had to so he and Crane could have a nice conversation while they were trying to kill each other. Although Abe has Crane beat since, as he said, he's already dead. Heh.

I guess Katrina's only witch-ery skill is getting men to fall in love with her since I see no reason for either Crane nor Abraham to fall for her, nor can she do anything else without screwing up. Maybe men like her cuz she's a complete damsel in distress.

Orlando Jones on foot somewhere in upstate New York? I'm guessing he will come back to help the Witnesses save the day. Otherwise, that was a pretty Homeland-esque story line.

I think I'm in the minority because I hated this episode. Maybe I was just in a cranky mood, but I'm so over listening to Ichabod and Abraham's man pain and whining and fighting between themselves. Then throw in StruggleWitch screwing up everything once again and I'm done.

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 3
Orlando Jones on foot somewhere in upstate New York? I'm guessing he will come back to help the Witnesses save the day. Otherwise, that was a pretty Homeland-esque story line.

That cracks me up because yes, that did happen on Homeland.  And now Homeland might just become "24."

• Love 1

I liked this episode quite a bit. It seemed to have more of that Season 1 vibe with Headless stomping around (with no head), the action and the focus on the Witnesses. Ichabod and Abbie worked well together as a team and I enjoyed seeing Abbie call Ichabod out on the sacrifices HER family has made for the cause.

Other random thoughts...

Tom Mison's hands acted the HELL out of this episode! ;)

This was the first episode I actually could stand Abraham. The flashbacks made me far more sympathetic to him and he has me pretty well convinced that he'll end up with Katrina. Showing more of the other Headless seemed to work OK in restoring the terror-at least a bit.

The Gorgon was a decent monster and having one of Abbie's ancestors as one of her victims was a nice touch making it more personal.

Katrina....She continues to be the worst witch EVER. Oh, and her demonic psoriasis appears to have cleared up.

The sword thing was pretty cool with the snakes adding a little creepiness. (Still not sure why Abbie picked a very modern looking sword as the Sword of Methuselah, though?) The real Sword of Methuselah was pretty cool though.

Not much of Irving in this one but I think he'll shine in the next episode.

All in all, pretty enjoyable for me.

Edited by RiddleyWalker
  • Love 4

I like to think they chose a Gorgon for this episode because "Medusa" and "Methuselah" sound sort of alike. That's all I've got. Frankly, I've always felt sorry for Medusa in stories.

Also, I wish Abbie and Ichabod had grabbed the oil-pit sword together instead of Ichabod grabbing by himself. I think it would have been a better thematic fit.

They wanted a monster that Headless was better equipped to fight. A gorgon fits the bill, I guess, but it is kind of random and lazy. And it was awfully convenient that "true self" cavern magic didn't kick in and restore Abraham's head until the gorgon was dead.

It's true that many great monsters have sympathetic back-stories (just ask '30's and '40's Universal studios). But it also seems like the Greeks were OK with their gods inflicting what seem to modern sensibilities to be wildly disproportionate or wholly unjust punishments.

Yes, this show has developed a real problem with viewing Ichabod as "first among equals" when it comes to the two witnesses.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 2

Katrina....She continues to be the worst witch EVER. Oh, and her demonic psoriasis appears to have cleared up.

Which reminds me: She is still wearing that stupid bodice corset stolen from the hospital. The heck? Henry could at least loan his mom his jacket or something.

• Love 1

I can't believe it took Ichabod and Abbie so long to, you know, LOOK INSIDE THE STONE BIRDBATH THING. I kept saying to the TV, look into the water, look down, look down, for fuck's sake LOOK DOWN. At last... they did. Wow. I mean, haven't they ever looked for keys or other lost items? You look around the obvious spots and then you take a chance at some of the weirder options, just in case. Why not take a peek in the water? Neither of them did, as they walked around and around it, whining. Besides, it was practically highlighted for them, what with all the swords surrounding it like an altar. What did they need, a shining light and a chorus of angels breaking into song to clue them in?

• Love 2

cassandle said: "My DVR screwed up and cut off the last couple minutes--right when Ichabod drew the sword (although weirdly it had nothing to do with Ferguson--it just decided to stop working) so I don't know if that was the real ending or not....  It seemed weak for a fall finale--is there another episode I missed the previews for?  It sounds like most of us will have to be watching the show again on Hulu or Demand..."

Weird, couldn't post with the regular quote feature.  So, sorry I had to do it this way.  Might just be a temp glitch.

It was almost the ending to part 1 of two parts to this episode.  Well there was a final scene back at ye olde ranch where Henry gloats that the end has come and the horsemen of war and death were there with a shot of Moloch from behind looking on all big and grown-up and properly "horned" on his forehead.  I keep forgetting if Abe is War or Death but Henry is the other but he gets a robotic-like fill-in to do the actual physical stuff for him.  Anyway his horsie has the fire eyes and nostrils and Headless still has trusty Old Red Eye.

Anyway the finale is next week where they promise someone makes the ultimate sacrifice.  Audience in unison:  Please let it be Stupid Witch.

But I'm guessing since we see Irving running around in the thick of stuff it will probably be him.  Especially since I noticed he was credited third this episode in the opening instead of witch chick.

As for this episode, thank God for downloads.  Otherwise I would have missed the whole flashback bit which filled in that it was Headless who talked Ichabod into coming to America originally.  Told him to stop teaching history and start making it and go and join the army since Ichabod's father would never approve the move and the army would ship him over for free.  Funny, at the beginning of season one I got the impression that Headless was a Hessian and not a British soldier.  Mind must be going.   Anyway interesting back story because in season one I thought they just met in the New World for the first time.  All so confusing.

Liked this episode a lot.  Hate Witch That Sucks but at least she messed up in like the first two seconds of being on screen this time.  Didn't have to wait forever for her to fail miserably this episode.  She can't even look in a mirror without screwing up.  Left the mirror tuned to The Ichabod Channel (TIC in your local mirror viewing listings) for Henry's viewing pleasure.

Love the Gorgon.  Need to have every crazy thing in all myths and legends on this show or it loses it's funny mojo.  About time for Greek mythology.  And tied in with the Knights Templar to boot.  Two for the price of one.  Actually add in the Book of Enoch too which is one of the non-approved by a council of boring old men "books" rejected from the Bible basically cause it has lots of cool, crazy stuff like this in it.

So Jenny is taking Irving to Canada cause he will be safe when he crosses the border because ... why???  Did the Mounties go out on strike or something?

I don't see Ichabod disrespecting Abbie.  He certainly didn't this episode as he pretty much offered himself up as a human sacrifice the first night/dawn and put himself in danger the next night for her.  And he backed away from the sword pulling realizing he was getting carried away with grabbing it and deferred to her.  She's the one who told him to go for it.  He takes stupid pills regards Crazy Red-Haired Woman Who Thinks She Is A Witch (but obviously isn't) but it's traditional that every hero have a flaw.   Unfortunately the writers made his flaw the Flaw of Flaws given how Witch Who Can't Witch is the most annoying character I've ever seen on any TV show ever.

Dear writers.  More Headless remaining headless and loping heads off people already turned to stone and gorgons alike whilst playing with his shotgun on the side.  And more Abbie & Ichabod (and hopefully Jenny & Irving) saving the world and less Annoying Witch Of The Century (any century) and useless blonde-haired guy who steals time away from Jenny.  Thank you in advance.

Edited by green
  • Love 9
So Jenny is taking Irwing to Canada cause he will be safe when he crosses the border because ... why???  Did the Mounties go out on strike or something?

Yeah, and apparently on this show, you don't need a passport to get into Canada, nor would the Canadian border patrol be notified that a "fugitive" could cross their border. And since Irving probably had no ID, I'm sure Jenny could sweet talk her way across. The hell? If not, the three main border crossings closest to New York state are around Buffalo and Niagara Falls, and therfore would require one to swim across a river/body of water, so I hope Irving can swim.

It's also a 7 or 8 hour drive, so where ever Irving bailed, he's going to have a long walk back.

• Love 3

Anyway his horsie has the fire eyes and nostrils and Headless still has trusty Old Red Eye.

During the search-for-the-sword-hiding-place scene, they kept putting Headless's horse in the frame, shooting over and around it. I was hoping Crane would jump on and gallop off on it, but then I figured the red-eyed horse is probably a snot to handle unless you are Headless. But still, it would have been a hoot to have Headless's transportation taken away.

I love Headless when he is headless. Man, he can pull that shotgun out of his backpack with such conviction! Whomever is playing him headless is a fantastic actor.

• Love 4

Delurking for a minute to . . .

. . .(a) thank everyone in the Sleepy Hollow forums for expressing most of my frustrations with season 2 better than I would have for the past three months.

(b) thank SB for a particularly on-point recap, especially:

Nobody-in-the-writers'-room-is-from-this-part-of-the-world-thirty.

So much THIS. I grew up in the southern-est part of Westchester County, about an 18-minute drive from NYC, and while I do appreciate that we haven't yet had any Manhattanites on this show (like, in that one single Irving-centric episode that placed any main characters there) refer to Sleepy Hollow as "upstate," I do wonder if anyone on the writing staff has ever cracked an atlas. It's a large state, as the northeast goes, but no, it doesn't take hours to get out of Westchester.  But what do I expect when they still haven't bothered to CGI out the fuckity Spanish moss growing outside Frederick's Manor (around the Devil's Halitosis or whatever the hell plant that was that Katrina pestled to death last episode).

Which reminds me: I called out Wig Cop on Katrina in Episode 1, never imagining it could get worse

Taking into consideration her pallor, bad hair, tendency toward illness, and lack of anything substantive to say, Katrina would be equally--if not more-- effective if she did the sloppy swish and spewed radioactive vomit all over Henry and his subordinate Minions of Evil, thereby creating a slow-moving Mokiki army that could be easily defeated.

Excluding the black hole of time, space, and character development that is Katrina (and the bloviating swordfight that would have been so much better sans Headless's head) I actually enjoyed the episode! Witness action front and center where it belongs made me happy, as did Henry and his Cardigan of Evil. 

• Love 3

Anyway the finale is next week where they promise someone makes the ultimate sacrifice.  Audience in unison:  Please let it be Stupid Witch.

If the writers continue their streak of blatant incompetence it will be the most obvious person -- Hawley. Last in = First killed.

• Love 1

Okay, wait a second. Ichabod knows who Cher is? When did that happen?

Katrina's so dumb it's almost a joke. When Henry was giving the "reasons you suck "speech I bet he was thinking "I just can't believe I'm  related to such a useless witch". 

I had wondered why Henry was so angry with Ichabod too (I mean, Ichabod was killed, that was hardly his fault), but it seems Henry's actually jealous of him: he thinks Katrina cared more about Ichabod than about him or something like that.

Lovely moments here and there between Ichabod and Abbie. 

ETA I forgot, Katrina had a nice one when Henry was telling her about that Shofar and its mythical power and she said something like "It's nice to see that you've taken up an instrument·"

Edited by Helena Dax

That's the thing, I don't think Ichabod knows who Cher is.  Would have been funny to see him try to figure that out.  Unfortunately, Katrina interrupted them.  

• Love 1

Ha ha! He obviously did not know because, if you will remember, he "quit" the game to go off on what a liar George Washington was. I'm thinking that was because he couldn't give Abbie a clue for guessing Cher and he doesn't like to not know everything. Mr. Crane does know how to bend a conversation and skirt issues!

• Love 1

That's the thing, I don't think Ichabod knows who Cher is.  Would have been funny to see him try to figure that out.  Unfortunately, Katrina interrupted them.  

Ha ha! He obviously did not know because, if you will remember, he "quit" the game to go off on what a liar George Washington was. I'm thinking that was because he couldn't give Abbie a clue for guessing Cher and he doesn't like to not know everything. Mr. Crane does know how to bend a conversation and skirt issues!

Ah, I get it. I thought Abbie had chosen the name on Ichabod's phone and Ichabod had chosen the one on Abbie's phone XD

So it's the Sword of Medusaleh rather than the Sword of Methuselah? ;)

I dunno, since the story of the Hudson Valley in the eighteenth century was so wrapped up in the transition from Nieuw-Nederland to New York, it seems to water the story down a little if Brom van Brunt and Katrina van Tassel weren't both Dutch Colonials back when the story began, but whatevs, I guess. More important to me is that I miss when the Headless Horseman was a scary villain in his own right and not the Hesitant Henchman.

I'll tuck away in my File of Useful Knowledge that eighteenth-century men who come to the twenty-first century aren't shocked or diconcerted in any way by sexy, revealing modern women's fashions. Not even super-jealous ones.

I still have no idea whatsoever how Crane and Mills having each other helped them get the sword out of the container. Or was he referring to getting TO the container in the first place?

All that said, this episode was MILES ahead of anything we've seen the last couple of weeks. I felt a profound sense of relief through most of the episode. It just couldn't touch even the worst episodes of last season with a twenty-foot pole. Knowing it COULD be better than mediocre is even worse than knowing mediocre is the best you can get.

Edited by lisaloopner
  • Love 2

If the writers continue their streak of blatant incompetence it will be the most obvious person -- Hawley. Last in = First killed.

Yeah; I'd rather have them kill Hawley off and just put some effort into writing Katrina better. First of all, she comes from the source material, which is a plus, and she also was written fairly OK and not intrusive in the first season (we've NEVER seen Hawley written OK or not shoehorned in where he wasn't needed).

If it's a choice between losing Katrina or Hawley, who are both poorly written and annoying at this stage, I'd rather lose the white male. They already have plenty of representation as lead characters on TV at this point in time. I'd rather have well-written female characters, of course, but if my only choices are a crappy redundant, obnoxious white male character and a crappy ineffectual white female character, I'd rather see the latter in the ensemble.

Edited by lisaloopner

Sorry to post three times in a row, but I keep forgetting to put things in before I hit the button.

I wouldn't even mind Katrina not being that powerful of a witch. I mean, there's room in the world for casual dabblers in witchcraft, isn't there? I mean, maybe it's like medicine, where you've got everything from nurse's aides and technicians all the way up to brain surgeons. I'd be perfectly happy if she just did hexes and country magic and scrying and stuff. Just have everybody stop going on and on about how powerful and talented and formidable she is. That would actually be pretty cool, in a David-and-Goliath sort of way.

• Love 2

Yeah; I'd rather have them kill Hawley off and just put some effort into writing Katrina better. First of all, she comes from the source material, which is a plus, and she also was written fairly OK and not intrusive in the first season (we've NEVER seen Hawley written OK or not shoehorned in where he wasn't needed).

If it's a choice between losing Katrina or Hawley, who are both poorly written and annoying at this stage, I'd rather lose the white male. They already have plenty of representation as lead characters on TV at this point in time. I'd rather have well-written female characters, of course, but if my only choices are a crappy redundant, obnoxious white male character and a crappy ineffectual white female character, I'd rather see the latter in the ensemble.

If it were up to me, Katrina would have been killed off during season 1 and 99% of the problems this show is having would be gone (i.e.The focus on CFD, the disruption of Ichabbie chemistry, the wimpy Headless, the numerous "Rescue Katrina" episodes..etc). The writers have had 2 seasons to make this character interesting or even useful and have failed miserably and cost the show viewers in the process.

Hawley, IMO, has been more useful in a handful of episodes -- both in terms of physical assistance and comic relief-- than Katrina has been in 2 seasons. His actions do not distract or undermine Team Witness and, despite his pining for Abbie, his presence does not disrupt Ichabbie chemistry. When Katrina was dropped into Team Witness headquarters awkwardness ensued. Hawley was dropped in and hilarity ensued.  When Ichabod is around Katrina he becomes an asshole to Abbie. When he's around Hawley, Ichabod becomes amusing. On top of that Matt Barr is actually a decent actor. I can't say the same for Katia Winter. My thumb is tired from fast-fowarding through her breathy scenes.

• Love 10

If it were up to me, Katrina would have been killed off during season 1 and 99% of the problems this show is having would be gone (i.e.The focus on CFD, the disruption of Ichabbie chemistry, the wimpy Headless, the numerous "Rescue Katrina" episodes..etc). The writers have had 2 seasons to make this character interesting or even useful and have failed miserably and cost the show viewers in the process.

Hawley, IMO, has been more useful in a handful of episodes -- both in terms of physical assistance and comic relief-- than Katrina has been in 2 seasons. His actions do not distract or undermine Team Witness and, despite his pining for Abbie, his presence does not disrupt Ichabbie chemistry. When Katrina was dropped into Team Witness headquarters awkwardness ensued. Hawley was dropped in and hilarity ensued.  When Ichabod is around Katrina he becomes an asshole to Abbie. When he's around Hawley, Ichabod becomes amusing. On top of that Matt Barr is actually a decent actor. I can't say the same for Katia Winter. My thumb is tired from fast-fowarding through her breathy scenes.

I couldn't agree more with this. Katrina has had ENOUGH chances to win over the audience... Hawley isn't nearly as bad as long as Jenny/Irving have story - plus he's not the reason for the epic CFD fail storylines... Katrina is.

Kill her off and force the writers back to the drawing board.

• Love 4

Ah, I get it. I thought Abbie had chosen the name on Ichabod's phone and Ichabod had chosen the one on Abbie's phone XD

Oh, you are probably right about that. In which case, Crane would have picked Cher because she dresses the same way as Katrina does now, in tight bodice corsets. Something he obviously likes.

I would have liked Katrina to have stayed in purgatory for S2, checking in on occasion via a mirror or dream time. Then she could be sent off to Hell (or wherever) when she isn't needed any more and Crane can get on with his life being Abbie's partner. I really hate Crane/Katrina lovey time since I see absolutely no chemistry between the two.

I'd rather have well-written female characters, of course, but if my only choices are a crappy redundant, obnoxious white male character and a crappy ineffectual white female character, I'd rather see the latter in the ensemble.

Geesh, when you put it like that, I vote for NEITHER ONE.  And please, enough already with ineffectual females of any color. That's why I love me some KickAssAbbie.

Edited by saber5055

I always find the color of her hair distracting. That color red does not exist outside of a bottle. Clairol wasn't around in the 1700's. I think I would find her character more tolerable if she looked more like a woman from that era.

I never thought I would find myself defending Katrina's terrible wigs but I have known two girls in real life with all natural blazing red hair. The first girl I met when I was 14 and I know there was no way in hell her mom let my friend color her hair with Clairol or at a salon. The other I met after college but I know her color was natural too (she complained that people often asked if her hair was real and then wanted to touch it). Interestingly, both of these girls also had the most perfect Raphaelite curls which only added to the unbelievable unworldliness of their hair. They both looked like paintings that had come to life. I was not at all surprised when one of them became the hair model for Merida in Brave (true story!).

• Love 1

I'm tired of seeing Abbie praise Ichy, while he does nothing but demean and insult her at every turn. He's disgusting.

It turns out his deep convictions have always been paper thin and his decisions have been more about whose company he wanted more than personal integrity or ideals. When he whined about how his life had been determined by others, I wanted to punch him in the face. That's inevitable with everybody up to a certain point, but this obnoxious cad has always been more than happy to follow the next shiny thing: who stroked his ego better. He's been willingly blind out of selfishness.

*sighs* This is chiefly why I'm having trouble even wanting to watch the show. They've destroyed Ichabod. Just utterly and completely destroyed him.

And Abbie propping this douchebag version of Crane and StruggleWitch isn't endearing either of them (Crane and Stuggles) to me. It just makes me ragey that the show is misusing an awesome character like Abbie for those two boobs.

Tom and Nicole deserve better.

• Love 5

Sorry to post three times in a row, but I keep forgetting to put things in before I hit the button.

lisaloopner, you can just hit the slanted red pencil button to edit your original post. It's the third button from the left, at the right bottom.

Not over Goffman's dead body. I put my money on Hawley and I have a feeling Orlando's lack of enthusiasm this season is telling. And if it's Jenny or Irving, I'm done.

What would be cool (but not sure how it would work). Abraham redeemed somehow, and Ichabod's soul switching with Abraham or something. Like, Ichabod becomes the Horseman of Death for a short while, and Abraham inhabits Ichabod's body. Even this messed up idea is better than the current incarnation of CFD.

*sighs* This is chiefly why I'm having trouble even wanting to watch the show. They've destroyed Ichabod. Just utterly and completely destroyed him. <snip>

Yes they did.

Yes they do.

• Love 2

There are true russet redheads. You're more likely to find them in Ireland or Iceland (where they met the same vikings). It seems unlikely for Katrina von Tassel to be one, but it's possible. 

Katia Winter, I think, has an improbable die job, most likely because red hair was supposed to be a sign of witches.

Never have a seen a show take all of it's badass characters (Moloch, Headless Horseman of War and Death) and neuter them all. The more they talk, the more I want to ff them. And, why is HH of War ordering Death around? Who made him in charge? I thought Moloch was giving orders? I would loved to have seen Baby Moloch ordering all of them around. What a missed opportunity!

Also, when Henry was going on and on about Katrina and he said something like "your greatest weakness is…" I for sure thought he was going to saying "your stupidity. You just don't think". Instead, he said "compassion"! Another missed opportunity. But then he said something about that being Ichabod's weakness too. And, I was like compassion must mean being stupid in this show. 

Now that I think about it, this show is full of missed opportunities. It is a shame really. 

• Love 6

Never have a seen a show take all of it's badass characters (Moloch, Headless Horseman of War and Death) and neuter them all. The more they talk, the more I want to ff them. And, why is HH of War ordering Death around? Who made him in charge? I thought Moloch was giving orders? I would loved to have seen Baby Moloch ordering all of them around. What a missed opportunity!

Wouldn't you just love it if Abraham told Henremy, "You're not the boss of me! I'm reporting you to the Apocalyptic Horsemans' union rep." lol

Lame, I know. I have no choice but to mock this show now. I got to have some fun, and I'm sure not getting it from the show these days.

• Love 4

And Abbie propping this douchebag version of Crane and StruggleWitch isn't endearing either of them (Crane and Stuggles) to me. It just makes me ragey that the show is misusing an awesome character like Abbie for those two boobs.

And small boobs at that!  Oh, you meant Crane and Katrina? (ducks and runs…)

Ummm…just to be clear I'm referring to Katrina's. (Ducks out again…)

Edited by RiddleyWalker
  • Love 1

I thought Moloch was giving orders? I would loved to have seen Baby Moloch ordering all of them around. What a missed opportunity!

I keep thinking of a Discworld novel where the Time Monks' "Abbot" has been reincarnated and has to deal with being an infant but is still in some manner aware of his duties and status. 

I'd love to see baby Moloch in his crib speaking to Henry …,"I want the Witnesses CRUSHED! Destroy them or face my wrath!" (Throws a stuffed elephant at Henry) Wanna Bikkit, WANNA BIKKIT! " (Pulls Henry's hair while slobbering on his shirt)

• Love 7

Great episode that got back to the basics of Ichabod and Abbie working together to solve a mystery.  The one lame thing is that it hasn't occurred to them that they maybe shouldn't have a magic mirror in their batcave where anyone can eavesdrop.

• Love 2

Two points for me:

1) I absolutely loathed that a shofar was used to herald Armageddon. The shofar blows in the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hoshanah. It is, for me at least, very sacred and cool. Geez, pick Gabriel's trumpet if you had to go Biblical!

2) Was it just me or was there a definite hoyay vibe between Ichabod and Abraham? Or was the swordplay just a metaphor? ;-)

• Love 2

I was only half paying attention to this episode while I played Spider Solitaire. The endless yammering about know yourself, destinies, sacrifice and magic swords annoyed me.

I am curious about one thing. While the Witnesses waited for Abraham to come back did Abbie go back to work ? I mean otherwise she spent 12 hours loitering around some place waiting for a Horseman rematch.

When they said "We have something none of those others had " I replied with "Cameraphones ?"

Then they said "each other" I rolled my eyes. You could have had the same effect with one person being wacky and using two torches. Or they could have skipped the setting the oil on fire and just shoved their hands in the strangely placed well.

They didn't think they could have lured the Gorgon into a trap or thrown a grenade or something. You don't need to get in fisticuffs with a Gorgon.

You think if the Sword was so important to Henry he'd go and get it himself once Abraham returned without it. He just said he thought Katrina was useless and Teen Moloch wasn't confined to the house and didn't need a babysitter so there wasn't anything in particular keeping him at home.

*sigh*

Edited by wayne67

I keep thinking of a Discworld novel where the Time Monks' "Abbot" has been reincarnated and has to deal with being an infant but is still in some manner aware of his duties and status. 

I'd love to see baby Moloch in his crib speaking to Henry …,"I want the Witnesses CRUSHED! Destroy them or face my wrath!" (Throws a stuffed elephant at Henry) Wanna Bikkit, WANNA BIKKIT! " (Pulls Henry's hair while slobbering on his shirt)

LMAO! That would have been soo awesome to see. Honestly, I just wanted to see something different than Henry ordering people around. Anything really. 

• Love 2

Katrina Van Tassel - Quaker, nurse, witch, wife, mother and now Colonial Stripper!

Henry kept talking about her failings being compassion and humanity - just not seeing her exemplifying those qualities.

2) Was it just me or was there a definite hoyay vibe between Ichabod and Abraham? Or was the swordplay just a metaphor? ;-)

I got the Hoyas vibe too but thought it might be the lack of heat from the Epic Couple so the Abraham - Ich vibe was amplified by comparison. Not a lot of heat between Abraham & Katrina either.

The irritating parts - wait, so now Abraham was the reason that Ichabod came to America and switched sides. I thought he was already here as a British soldier. I though the 'weight of his conscience" caused him to turncoat, NOT a friend. I don't know man - can Crane think for himself? He seems....lost and directionless.

Him 'seeing' Katrina in the pub. Dear god, her moony eyes wouldn't make me fall in love. There is nothing there at all. Nothing.

You're right. In the pilot episode, Crane said he originally was a British soldier, but he had a change of heart and defected.

The show has become very sloppy this season. I know there are a lot of new writers, but shouldn't they be required to master the basic foundational aspects of each character before writing a script? 

• Love 4