Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Magnum Opus

Unfortunately, there are pictures of Ichy holding Abbie as she appears to scream in anguish, so based on that and Lyndie's lack of tweeting and the fact that I don't see Frank or Hawley provoking such a reaction from Abby, I assume Jenny bites it. The writers will probably have her die to save Struggle Witch as she proclaims Katrina's great and unending worthiness. Makes me wonder whether Lyndie thinks her multiple calls for her good friend Katia to be featured were a good idea. Notice how no such cries came on her behalf when Jenny was relegated to nothingness from Lyndie's "good friend."

Yeah - I thought the same thing... and you're right - there is definitely a DEAFENING silence on the part of Lyndie's supposed friend and roomie about screentime for Jenny.

I hope they aren't going to kill off Jenny - that's just a huge mistake...

Great summary.

But isn't Henry the Horseman of War? So who was the other horseman behind him? (The one with a head, or course).

Henry controls the Horseman of war guy via "remote control".

• Love 2

The Horseman of War reminds me of the Paladin in "Magic Kingdom for Sale SOLD!" by Terry Brooks, in which the King of Landover summons his Champion (a knight on a horse) via a magic amulet when he is in danger.  When that happens, the King's consciousness inhabits the Paladin and he has to do his own fighting with the Paladin's body.  I wonder if that is how it works with Henry.

The Horseman of War reminds me of the Paladin in "Magic Kingdom for Sale SOLD!" by Terry Brooks, in which the King of Landover summons his Champion (a knight on a horse) via a magic amulet when he is in danger.  When that happens, the King's consciousness inhabits the Paladin and he has to do his own fighting with the Paladin's body.  I wonder if that is how it works with Henry.

Interesting theory. So what happens to Henry's body when he goes into the Horseman of War's body? Would it be in a coma-like state?

Henry controls the Horseman of war guy via "remote control".

This is just so much cr*p and I hate it, these are suppose to be terrifying HORSEMEN, not robots controlled by whomever. And this was written in the script because the actor who plays Henry is no way getting on a horse, any horse. Am I right? That was something I was really looking forward to. I mean, come ON, show, there are stunt people out there who could fake ride for Henry. And Henry is all about being a big, bad Horseman of ... War, Famine, Death ... whatever. Instead he's gonna be standing around working a joystick? That's really terrifying, Henry. Geesh. You're making Katrina look badass by comparison. And that's pitiful.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6

Interesting theory. So what happens to Henry's body when he goes into the Horseman of War's body? Would it be in a coma-like state?

It's been a long time since I read it, but I think it was like that.  I don't recall him falling down or anything - I think his body just stood there like a statue.

A little late to the game...the show has been piling up on my DVR for many of the reasons already stated by others. Though I still enjoy Abby and Ichabod.

So, when Ichabod intoned "we shall not witness the Apocalypse on this night" did anyone else flash to Idris Elba in Pacific Rim:  "Today we are canceling the Apocalypse." Actually, the whole speech works with Sleepy Hollow's theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ULnQ2fGjE.

Interesting theory. So what happens to Henry's body when he goes into the Horseman of War's body? Would it be in a coma-like state?

I just rewatched the episode with the Kindred in it. Henry was sitting at a table, eyes closed, and looked like he was in a trance while "his" horseman fought the Kindred. So I guess he does all his fighting vicariously, eyes closed.