Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Meri is a "fan favorite"?  Since when?  Maybe a good snark target....

In all fairness, she has the most posts on this forum.  I don't know if that makes her a favorite but it makes her the most discussed, lol.

• Love 1

The current commercial is edited to look like Meri and Kody are having some kind of upheaval, with Kody giving the Manson lamps and saying, "Maybe this shouldn't be filmed," except he says it in some garbled way, as I recall - like maybe he is very upset? Drama! 

Saw a promo tonight during Toddlers. Sounds like the one Tabbygirl mentions above. There's a quick head shot of Meri, white background, sans gloppy make-up. She looks downright fresh-faced. I was shocked.

Why in the WORLD does she think Cheeto-covered raccoon is her best look?

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I believe you may be correct, Rainflower. They will be lucky if they don't end up in jail when the conservatives are running the asylum.

I don't think jail is the right thing for them and hope it doesn't happen. It didn't help them in the past. Only made Fundie Mormons paranoid about outsiders. A proper education is what the younger generation needs in this case. They need to learn that there is more to life than creating or being in a harem, pumping out 18+ children, and living on government assistance. It was interesting to hear how just going to college had open Mariah's mind so much that she refuses polygamy (for now)

• Love 3

The stuff in that clickbait post above is essentially what I read in the totally reliable journalistic publication Life and Style while waiting in line at the grocery story.  This is their cover story this week:

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/sister-wives-financial-118399

That is a brief teaser of what is in the whole article, but I'll summarize what I remember.  The source of all of this information was Kendra, so make of that whatever you will.

1) All four of the wives are done with Kody, with even Robyn looking for a way out.  Kendra claims Robyn's looking to divorce him and trying to weasel her way into a spinoff show of her own with TLC (I apologize for the barfing sound you just heard).

2) Kody is at the end of what few wits he ever had because he can't keep the family together and has has six figure debt and the TLC deal is almost over.  They were nearly cancelled this year but TLC continued with one more season for some kind of contractural reason, according to Kendra.  This is why Kody is allegedly trying to stop Mykelti from getting married too fast; he wants to drag it out long enough to be a storyline that will convince TLC to give them another season (ala the Duggars and their endless kid marriages).

3) This article confirms what the clickbait post says about Meri having a boyfriend in Hawaii who wants to marry her.  It said she actually spends more time in Hawaii than in LV these days, and the family rarely sees her except for the days she is obligated to be there for filming.  She's there so little, Kendra says, that the family is discussing turning her house into a "crash pad" for the older kids. (Although if they're in that much debt I don't know why they don't sell it).

4) Basically all the wives hate each other.  And they all hate Kody.  The end.  Anything nice we see on the show is fake.  Quelle surprise.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, MissT said:

I'm sorry, but who is Kendra?    Maybe it was mentioned before and I missed it.  

Robyn's Nellie Oleson style two faced former friend who was ostracized from the family over a year ago but pretends to be a primary source for erzatz "info" on the family which she apparently gleans through social media just like everyone else does. 

Or in shorthand, a piece of work. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Robyn's Nellie Oleson style two faced former friend who was ostracized from the family over a year ago but pretends to be a primary source for erzatz "info" on the family which she apparently gleans through social media just like everyone else does. 

Or in shorthand, a piece of work. 

Hahahahahahahahaha.....Nelly Oleson! Miss that little bitch! ;)

• Love 3
18 hours ago, MissT said:

I'm sorry, but who is Kendra?    Maybe it was mentioned before and I missed it.  

Kendra Pollard-Parra used to be a family friend (if I am not mistaken she was considered to be a close friend of Robyn) as well as a pseudo-PR person. She leaked many information about the Brown family to the media. When Meri's catfish situation came to light, many people thought Kendra and Robyn knew about Meri getting catfished but just let it all happen (and may have even contributed to the catfish situation in some way). After a while, Kendra got kicked to the curb by the Brownies. She continues to run to the media and leaking misinformation about the Brownies.

I am not sure how she does all this when she is married and, from what I understand, has 10 children (she also mentioned once that Kody (jokingly?) asked her to be his 5th wife).

Basically, Kendra is a reality-TV groupie .

I'll put this link here if you want to read and be entertained by the whole mess:

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2015/10/02/sisterwives-cast-off-kendra-pollard-parra-teams-with-meri-browns-catfish-lover-on-facebook-rampage/

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Rhondinella said:

The stuff in that clickbait post above is essentially what I read in the totally reliable journalistic publication Life and Style while waiting in line at the grocery story.  This is their cover story this week:

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/sister-wives-financial-118399

That is a brief teaser of what is in the whole article, but I'll summarize what I remember.  The source of all of this information was Kendra, so make of that whatever you will.

1) All four of the wives are done with Kody, with even Robyn looking for a way out.  Kendra claims Robyn's looking to divorce him and trying to weasel her way into a spinoff show of her own with TLC (I apologize for the barfing sound you just heard).

2) Kody is at the end of what few wits he ever had because he can't keep the family together and has has six figure debt and the TLC deal is almost over.  They were nearly cancelled this year but TLC continued with one more season for some kind of contractural reason, according to Kendra.  This is why Kody is allegedly trying to stop Mykelti from getting married too fast; he wants to drag it out long enough to be a storyline that will convince TLC to give them another season (ala the Duggars and their endless kid marriages).

3) This article confirms what the clickbait post says about Meri having a boyfriend in Hawaii who wants to marry her.  It said she actually spends more time in Hawaii than in LV these days, and the family rarely sees her except for the days she is obligated to be there for filming.  She's there so little, Kendra says, that the family is discussing turning her house into a "crash pad" for the older kids. (Although if they're in that much debt I don't know why they don't sell it).

4) Basically all the wives hate each other.  And they all hate Kody.  The end.  Anything nice we see on the show is fake.  Quelle surprise.

Kody has more than six figure debt.  As far as I know, he is still on meri' s mortgage and I read somewhere he's on Robyn' s house.  Plus he is on the Lehi house, unless they sold it.    If you count the other two houses, it's closer to $2 million.  

Now you know when the shit hits the fan, Janelle and Christine will be left high and dry.  But he still has young children to support as well.  He prattled on and on about how much he deserved those houses.  So welcome to the mess entirely of your own making.  These stories pop up every few weeks, so there could be some truth to it.  Who knows.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Rainflower said:

Kendra Pollard-Parra used to be a family friend (if I am not mistaken she was considered to be a close friend of Robyn) as well as a pseudo-PR person. She leaked many information about the Brown family to the media. When Meri's catfish situation came to light, many people thought Kendra and Robyn knew about Meri getting catfished but just let it all happen (and may have even contributed to the catfish situation in some way). After a while, Kendra got kicked to the curb by the Brownies. She continues to run to the media and leaking misinformation about the Brownies.

I still think that Robyn knew about it and let it happen.

• Love 5
On 11/1/2016 at 0:02 PM, TeeMo said:

They're back! 

The trailer is full of so many favorites. Meri pretending she cares about being friends with the other Sister Wives. Kody trying to control who and when the kids marry. Robyn sobbing dramatically while clutching new BFF Christine. 

But it does look like they delve into the catfish quite a bit more including a conversation with Mariah that Kody later admits probably should not have been filmed. Mariah says she told Meri for months that she was being catfished. Yikes. 

http://people.com/tv/sister-wives-inside-new-season-of-family-disputes-sisterly-rivalry-and-moving-past-the-catfishing-scandal/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

OMG. Who does this? Who spends ANOTHER year crying about their marriage, can't get along with their sister-wives, harbors resentment and anger, and finally turns their own child against them, and agrees to PUT IT ALL ON TEEVEE?  

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: Meri Brown has some major mental health issues/personality disorder.  I don't know how any of them can deal with her. It seems from her comments that she is all alone.... I suspect she drove every one of them away with her crazy bullshit. 

Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder

Borderline personality disorder symptoms vary from person to person and women are more likely to have this disorder than men. Common symptoms of the disorder include the following:

Having an unstable or dysfunctional self-image or a distorted sense of self (how one feels about one’s self)

Feelings of isolation, boredom and emptiness

Difficulty feeling empathy for others

A history of unstable relationships that can change drastically from intense love and idealization to intense hate

A persistent fear of abandonment and rejection, including extreme emotional reactions to real and even perceived abandonment

Intense, highly changeable moods that can last for several days or for just a few hours

Strong feelings of anxiety, worry and depression

Impulsive, risky, self-destructive and dangerous behaviors, including reckless driving, drug or alcohol abuse and having unsafe sex

Hostility

Unstable career plans, goals and aspirations

Many people experience one or more of the above symptoms regularly, but a person with borderline personality disorder will experience many of the symptoms listed above consistently throughout adulthood.

The term “borderline” refers to that fact that people with this condition tend to “border” on being diagnosed with additional mental health conditions in their lifetime, including psychosis.

One of the ironies of this disorder is that people with BPD may crave closeness, but their intense and unstable emotional responses tend to alienate others, causing long-term feelings of isolation.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, toodles said:

Kody has more than six figure debt.  As far as I know, he is still on meri' s mortgage and I read somewhere he's on Robyn' s house.  Plus he is on the Lehi house, unless they sold it.    If you count the other two houses, it's closer to $2 million.  

Now you know when the shit hits the fan, Janelle and Christine will be left high and dry.  But he still has young children to support as well.  He prattled on and on about how much he deserved those houses.  So welcome to the mess entirely of your own making.  These stories pop up every few weeks, so there could be some truth to it.  Who knows.

Also, isn't he on the hook for the medial bills from when Robyn's son had that accident (or was that pre-legal marriage debt)? Somewhere in the future, I am more than sure they will be back in bankruptcy court filing to get some or most of their debts removed. Too bad the courts cannot use their reality TV show as proof of how the Brown (and other) families work to scam the government.

Also, the adults in that family seem to think think Kody deserves EVERYTHING. Like when Christine mentioned Kody deserved a young, hot wife. Kody thinking he deserves 4 houses for his wives. Thinking he deserves all those children and deserves to have the public pay for their lifestyle.

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I still think that Robyn knew about it and let it happen.

There is little doubt in my mind Robyn knew about Meri and Sam. I think she let it happened because Meri was the only wife Kody had expressed falling in love with as oppose to being a buddy or being chased.  By letting the course of the catfish happen, Robyn knew two things could have happened 1) Meri could have left the Brown family or 2) Kody's love for Meri would lessen/disappear. Robyn isn't stupid, for a polygamous wife, she plays dirty. She didn't get to the top of Kody's harem by being besties with her sister wives or fighting them head on.

Honestly, I am still hoping Robyn divorces him and takes him to the cleaners, lol (but that means his poor old wives will have to help him foot the child support, alimony, etc. bills).

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Rainflower said:

Honestly, I am still hoping Robyn divorces him and takes him to the cleaners, lol (but that means his poor old wives will have to help him foot the child support, alimony, etc. bills).

Too damn bad for the original recipe wives if they pay one penny to Robyn in a divorce settlement.  I would stick my child support papers on the same stack and say add me to the list. 

If she takes him to the cleaners (and I hope she does), I guess it's time for kody to get a J O B.  If I were meri, I would have taken him for every cent I could.  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, toodles said:

Too damn bad for the original recipe wives if they pay one penny to Robyn in a divorce settlement.  I would stick my child support papers on the same stack and say add me to the list. 

If she takes him to the cleaners (and I hope she does), I guess it's time for kody to get a J O B.  If I were meri, I would have taken him for every cent I could.  

I don't know that he has that much to  get clean from her 'legal ex', not to mention the fact can he even be trusted? She might be better off cutting her losses with how much debt he probably has. It kind of does look like the wives are doing that already. There's been several stories on google news. One is that Christine was actually the first to bail. #4 , something about seeing an attorney regarding divorcing kody, who in one of the stories actually said something to her like ''You used to be considered the hot wife. Unfortunately, we can't really sell that anymore,'' after she had their second baby- apparently she wasn't too thrilled with that comment. Who would be? I mean, is he that inept or just a total asshole?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3714856/sister-wives-spoilers-meri-browns-catfish-scandal-explodes-robyn-brown-files-for-divorce/

There is no love and fanboy buttkissing in the comments either.

Then there is Meri's Hawaii Guy. Supposedly he is 'ril' and not pretend.

Lots of dirt from that Kendra person, who knows if it is 'ril', BS, or orchestrated purposefully to drum up interest..

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/54399/20161115/sister-wives-sister-wives-christine-brown-rip-out-eyes-robyn-robyns-feud.htm

Edited by BlackWidow
2 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I must be feeling extra mean today because I wouldn't want Miss "Do I just leave my (Victoria's Secret) bills on the counter?" to get a dang thing.

In one of the above articles, it cites KB's unwillingness/inability/whatever to work as one of the reasons for dumping him. There's probably nothing to 'get' as he is more of a liability at this point than an asset. Maybe they are tired of worrying every season if the TV money is going to be renewed or not and not having anything else going on.  #4 is actually in a worse position , still being married to him legally with him in all that debt. There's nothing for her to get, for any of them to get. Except OUT.

3 hours ago, BlackWidow said:

Then there is Meri's Hawaii Guy. Supposedly he is 'ril' and not pretend.

There is no Hawaii guy.  

From the comments:

biancafigueroa03 Are you not married anymore just chilling with everyone lol

lularoemeribrown@biancafigueroa03 Ha no I'm married! Just on vacation with friends for the past week! ??

4 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

There is no Hawaii guy.  

From the comments:

biancafigueroa03 Are you not married anymore just chilling with everyone lol

lularoemeribrown@biancafigueroa03 Ha no I'm married! Just on vacation with friends for the past week! ??

Darn I was thinking it was true and happy for her lol

And they didn't know the show will be cancelled at some point when they bought the mcmansions?

I honestly don't think so. In their addled little brains, they think themselves as endlessly fascinating and we would be settling in to follow their lives for many years to come.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

So I may or may not have looked at her twitter. She is following a very handsome man who lives in Hawaii....

Is his name Jon-David? Take a look at his instagram......very happily married to a dude.  :)  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BlackWidow said:

. One is that Christine was actually the first to bail. #4 , something about seeing an attorney regarding divorcing kody, who in one of the stories actually said something to her like ''You used to be considered the hot wife. Unfortunately, we can't really sell that anymore,'' after she had their second baby- apparently she wasn't too thrilled with that comment. Who would be? I mean, is he that inept or just a total asshole?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3714856/sister-wives-spoilers-meri-browns-catfish-scandal-explodes-robyn-brown-files-for-divorce/

Christine is not legally married to Kody - why would she see an attorney about divorce?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I honestly don't think so. In their addled little brains, they think themselves as endlessly fascinating and we would be settling in to follow their lives for many years to come.

Evidenced by the way they all giggle like 7th graders during the couch sessions when one of them starts to tell a story about something wackadoodle that happened to one of them...and we are all sitting on our own couches eye-rolling so hard I'm surprised we don't tilt the Earth on its axis.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Christine is not legally married to Kody - why would she see an attorney about divorce?

Copied and pasted the text from which you made your comment.

"One is that Christine was actually the first to bail. #4 , something about seeing an attorney regarding divorcing kody, who in one of the stories actually said something to her like ''You used to be considered the hot wife. Unfortunately, we can't really sell that anymore,'' after she had their second baby- apparently she wasn't too thrilled with that comment."

The first sentence is about Christine, and there is a period.  #4 is the beginning of the next sentence, referring to Sobyn.  Makes more sense when the story is quoting Grody saying, "You used to be considered the hot wife."  He would NEVER have referred to Christine that way.

• Love 3
On 11/16/2016 at 1:19 PM, MamaMax said:

OMG. Who does this? Who spends ANOTHER year crying about their marriage, can't get along with their sister-wives, harbors resentment and anger, and finally turns their own child against them, and agrees to PUT IT ALL ON TEEVEE?  

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: Meri Brown has some major mental health issues/personality disorder.  I don't know how any of them can deal with her. It seems from her comments that she is all alone.... I suspect she drove every one of them away with her crazy bullshit. 

Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder

Borderline personality disorder symptoms vary from person to person and women are more likely to have this disorder than men. Common symptoms of the disorder include the following:

Having an unstable or dysfunctional self-image or a distorted sense of self (how one feels about one’s self)

Feelings of isolation, boredom and emptiness

Difficulty feeling empathy for others

A history of unstable relationships that can change drastically from intense love and idealization to intense hate

A persistent fear of abandonment and rejection, including extreme emotional reactions to real and even perceived abandonment

Intense, highly changeable moods that can last for several days or for just a few hours

Strong feelings of anxiety, worry and depression

Impulsive, risky, self-destructive and dangerous behaviors, including reckless driving, drug or alcohol abuse and having unsafe sex

Hostility

Unstable career plans, goals and aspirations

Many people experience one or more of the above symptoms regularly, but a person with borderline personality disorder will experience many of the symptoms listed above consistently throughout adulthood.

The term “borderline” refers to that fact that people with this condition tend to “border” on being diagnosed with additional mental health conditions in their lifetime, including psychosis.

One of the ironies of this disorder is that people with BPD may crave closeness, but their intense and unstable emotional responses tend to alienate others, causing long-term feelings of isolation.

Desperate famewhores who have no other real source of income and have mortgages for four mcmansions, that's who.

• Love 3

Kody thinking he deserves 4 houses for his wives. Thinking he deserves all those children and deserves to have the public pay for their lifestyle.

But, but . . . .it's Heavenly Father's plan for everyone to concentrate their life and all time and energy on family alone! 

It probably has never once occurred to them to consider what would happen if every person on earth (or even half of them) decided to follow the same plan.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

No, I said the other one, wife #4 saw the attorney, which is referenced in more than one story. I think it's just the way I phrased the sentence and the next one that made it confusing. We can't say we didn't see this coming for years, no matter how they pretend on the show. Look at the last tell all, how miserable #4 looked.  Even if Meri's clothing gig doesn't net her any cash, at least she is doing something other than hanging around the cult de sac,  making  thanksgiving decorations with an unenthusiastic Janelle.  I think the original three seemed happy at the beginning because although they lived kind of apartment style, they all had separate jobs they were good at and weren't trying to cook up these MLM schemes.  Really wish that period on the show lasted longer. For sure it is easier to get along with people if everyone feels secure in their role, important to the whole but also valued individually.  Hope it is BS that kody actually said something like 'you used to be the hot wife....' can only imagine the shitty things he has said to the ones he doesnt' consider as 'hot'.  Remembering the 'you're too pretty to cook' days and now she is thinking of leaving the state with the kids after the whole 'adopt us all' thing. What a cluster*&^k.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BlackWidow said:

Hope it is BS that kody actually said something like 'you used to be the hot wife....' can only imagine the shitty things he has said to the ones he doesnt' consider as 'hot'.  Remembering the 'you're too pretty to cook' days and now she is thinking of leaving the state with the kids after the whole 'adopt us all' thing. What a cluster*&^k.

Kody is the guy who had no issue insulting Christine on TV with the whole nacho incident and how he wasn't attracted to her, admitted that he really do not understand nor care about the feelings of women, basically said Janelle was his buddy, told Christine he would only love her if she love his whole family, etc.

I would be shocked if he hadn't told Robyn she "used to be the hot wife..." or something equally as harsh.

Kody comes off as being emotionally and verbally abusive towards his family. He says harsh words and play with the women emotions either to keep them in order or to get what he wants from them. IMO, polygamy has given Kody a massive ego. And as a result he thinks he is desirable to all women and the envy of all men.

• Love 6

Kody doesn't have to be nice to his wives; after all, if they leave him, they don't get to go to heaven.  Remember, according to their religion, the husband calls the wife to his home planet/solar system/whatever, and if he doesn't call then they are out of luck.  So why shouldn't he say exactly what he's thinking about your wives, particularly if Kody only married one or two of them because he needed at least three wives to get his own planet?  They're not going to leave him and give up their chance of heaven.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

Kody doesn't have to be nice to his wives; after all, if they leave him, they don't get to go to heaven.  Remember, according to their religion, the husband calls the wife to his home planet/solar system/whatever, and if he doesn't call then they are out of luck.  So why shouldn't he say exactly what he's thinking about your wives, particularly if Kody only married one or two of them because he needed at least three wives to get his own planet?  They're not going to leave him and give up their chance of heaven.

Bingo. For all their failed efforts to normalize (their form of) polygamy as a "lifestyle," it's a religion with very real, eternal consequences for the women. They get in through him. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Rainflower said:

Kody is the guy who had no issue insulting Christine on TV with the whole nacho incident and how he wasn't attracted to her, admitted that he really do not understand nor care about the feelings of women, basically said Janelle was his buddy, told Christine he would only love her if she love his whole family, etc.

The Nacho Diss was INSANE!  My heart hurts for Christine.   

• Love 2

So while somewhat doubting the articles I am SOOOO hoping they are true.  Janelle and Christine are on the hook for their houses only and their debts (as single mothers they can also get more aid).  Meri is on the hook for HER debts and only part of her house (she has the best deal, older child, she is free to sow any old oat she wants).  Sobbin and Groddy are on the hook for Meri's house and Sobbins house as well as all the medical expenses associated with Dayun and her other children as well as child support for the other kids under 18 that have other moms.  I think original trifecta are better off than S and G.  However, now that I am thinking about it, would S&G be able to declare bankruptcy and wipe out a larger portion of debt than had he still be married to Meri?  I kinda want the interloper (Sobbin) to get the worst of it.  She bugs in a big way.  I want to see a Starting Over show with the original 3.  Dating, starting a non plyg life while Sobbin and Groddy have to get jobs.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

The Nacho Diss was INSANE!  My heart hurts for Christine.   

It would be so hurtful to hear my dad speak that way about my mom let alone hear myself described that way.  Come on ladies, spill the gross facts about Groddy.  I would like him to feel what he has made his wives feel.  Christine seems like a nice lady.  I am sure she can find a good looking dude who likes curvy ladies.  Make Groddy see her getting treated like a queen.  He doesn't deserve any of these women except Sobbin who grates on me in a way that I cannot explain.  

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Because living a hell on earth is so worth it.

An awful lot of religions seem to say exactly that: suffering in this life is no big deal--where you spend eternity is what's important.  Kody did his part by marrying at least three women, and the wives do their part by letting Kody do/say whatever he wants without negative reactions from them.

A bird in the hand....I'm having my fun here and blowing off any afterlife BS.  I don't go with the "suffering" crap. I live my life in service of others;  that should count for something if an afterlife does exist.

• Love 7