Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Congratulations, Seashell Lover!

can a dog be a "who"?

Yep. Dogs, cats, fish, gerbils, horses, turtles--maybe not tarantulas but that is just my arachnophobia talking--are all "who"s when you love them.

• Love 1

Wow congrats Seashell Lover, that is awesome!! I'm sure it'll still be a big adjustment but I am glad you have gotten past that huge hurdle.

Happyfatchick, you are such a defrauder. (but thank you for the laugh!)

JenCarroll I am so glad the dog is okay. This was before I was even born, but my Mom used to have an epileptic dog that was on medication. She said the seizures were terrifying. I'm glad things worked out okay and you know one trigger to avoid.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks everyone. The dog seems okay, although he was subdued all day yesterday and still seems quiet this morning. The vet mentioned anxiety, but honestly, this is the last dog on Earth you'd ever expect to see that in. He's the happiest, sunniest, most friendly dog I've ever met, which is saying a lot actually. And he's completely relaxed except when he's going bonkers with excitement over whatever wonderful joy his day entails. ("Oh boy, dog food! Again!") He's also, frankly, dumb as a box of rocks. Not a whole lot of self-awareness there (says his loving mommy).

So I don't know. Our other dog has clearly expressed anxiety and is a year or two older (we don't know his exact age), but has never had a seizure. So, just hoping for the best. DD1 and The Boyfriend are expected late tomorrow. DH has a work at home day Monday so we'll do a family Skype with DD2 then. I mean, we would be, anyway, so we can mention the seizure then. I don't want to make it into a bigger deal than it is.

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 1

Just found out the foster parents will be bringing my grandsons here at about 5 pm. Also I found out my daughter is pregnant and when the baby is born I will also be raising the baby. I am now at 57 raising a 2nd family.

• Love 5
Just found out the foster parents will be bringing my grandsons here at about 5 pm. Also I found out my daughter is pregnant and when the baby is born I will also be raising the baby. I am now at 57 raising a 2nd family.

Wow. It's going to be a struggle--especially energy-wise, but what a blessing for those kids! My thoughts are with you, Seashell Lover, and hoping all works out well for you and your family. 

• Love 4

Sounds like a pretty good day in the prayer closet - custody, and a clear case of school defrauding going on. Now if we get the dog fixed up, we'll be rolling....

• Love 1
(edited)

All props to you! I'm not even 50 yet, and if I were in that situation -- well, I guess I'd find the energy somehow. What else can you do? Those kids are very lucky to have you, and I'm sure you'll do great with them.

NOTE: The Dog perked up a lot and generally seems fine today. Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes. :-)

Now I'm getting worked up over the arrival of The Boyfriend. We've never met him and he may be our future son-in-law. Whee!

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 7

All props to you! I'm not even 50 yet, and if I were in that situation -- well, I guess I'd find the energy somehow. What else can you do? Those kids are very lucky to have you, and I'm sure you'll do great with them.

NOTE: The Dog perked up a lot and generally seems fine today. Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes. :-)

Now I'm getting worked up over the arrival of The Boyfriend. We've never met him and he may be our future son-in-law. Whee!

JenCarroll is right - those kids ARE lucky to have you. Imagine what their situation would be like otherwise. You're a Hero Mee-Maw!

• Love 4
(edited)

We had to say goodbye to our grey tabby today. The vet gave her two days to live ten days ago but we got an extra week together and today was the only day of those ten that she really did not feel well. We started loving her and her two sisters more than fifteen years ago when they were three weeks old. We had to say goodbye to one sister in late March and now it is only one of them left. She is going to have helicopter parents for a while! I haven't even gotten over looking around the house for the one we lost in March; to lose another one today--our house feels much emptier.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 1
(edited)

We had to say goodbye to our grey tabby today. The vet gave her two days to live ten days ago but we got an extra week together and today was the only day of those ten that she really did not feel well. We started loving her and her two sisters more than fifteen years ago when they were three weeks old. We had to say goodbye to one sister in late March and now it is only one of them left. She is going to have helicopter parents for a while! I haven't even gotten over looking around the house for the one we lost in March; to lose another one today--our house feels much emptier.

You have all my sympathy, jc - there's not much that's harder to do in Life than saying goodbye to a beloved pet. For some of us, they are the only "folks" that love us with no strings or baggage attached - whatsoever. I bet your tabby lived those 10 extra days because she simply did not want to leave you. Hope you soon have nothing but happy memories!

PS - when my last dog died, my principal gave me a beautiful ash wood picture frame and told me I had to use it for a photo of my dog. On the frame were carved the words: Thanks for everything - I had a wonderful time! It's been 32 years, and I still have the frame, and I love seeing that furry face with those words. Makes me smile every time. :>)

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 10

Jcbrown, my sympathies to you. Know that you made those cats lives very happy for those 15 years. It has to be very hard though...

Seashell lover, wow, those kids are lucky to have you!

I'm 52 with a "suprise" baby that's 8 yrs old (I was never able to get pregnant on my own- my older 2 are the result of years of medical intervention). And he has special needs. Lots of times I feel "I'm too old for this!" But most days we manage just fine.

Anyway, it's wonderful that you are giving these kids a stable & loving home.

• Love 10

Your 57 years young , the same age as me, You will do a wonderful job raising all your grandchildren, with age came wisdom just think your grandchildren can not pull the wool over your eyes.  We have seen it, or done it, or lived it.  Enjoy every moment .   

Saying goodbye to one of your furry four legged family a heartbreaking. Sending extra love and kisses  and hugs. 

• Love 3

Your 57 years young , the same age as me, You will do a wonderful job raising all your grandchildren, with age came wisdom just think your grandchildren can not pull the wool over your eyes. We have seen it, or done it, or lived it. Enjoy every moment .

Saying goodbye to one of your furry four legged family a heartbreaking. Sending extra love and kisses and hugs.

Yes I have no doubt there will be rough times but your love will carry you through. And we are always here to vent. My cousin and his wife adopted their two grandchildren. Usually one or two weekends a month the other set of grandparents will pickup the kids. Maybe you will be able to get regular help too.

• Love 3

Turning left: I don't have a tattoo, don't care anything about body art. I suspect it's a little Amish poking thru. Don't really have anything against it, just don't have any. HOWEVER, I would happily do pay-per-view to see JD or any one of those kids show up with a tat. Wouldn't that be worth the price of admission???

• Love 2

I've had cats be put down before, but it was never my decision to do so - always my parents.  So when my beloved Shadow cat (who was a 1st anniversary gift from my husband) had to be put down when she was 17, I blubbered like a baby - so did he.  And 3 years out,  I still cry sometimes, even though I have 2 wonderful rescue kitties in my house now.  We can't have children, and so the furbabys really become our children.  And know that it's certain that we'll be making that decision again.  My husband's cousin runs a kennel and breeds a few different types of dogs, and she posted this photo montage on FB called "I Died Today".  It was about a black lab and his last day on Earth.  Everyone tried to make his last day just awesome.  And I bawled like a baby as I read it.

• Love 4

funky-rat that sounds familiar. Growing up it was never my decision, but a few years back I had to decide to put my 'baby girl' down on my own and it was so hard. I insisted on being with her right up to the last breath. Oh my gosh that "I Died Today" montage turns me into a bawling mess every time I see it.

(edited)

I've been lax about updating here because life has been alternately crazy and blissfully boring. DH has had three heartbreaking days at work and I think he had a much needed, cathartic venting session, today. It's been really hard having someone in our home on a daily basis. We both recognise the necessity and we won't be stopping, but he made the observation that we haven't had a night of privacy for almost five months.

Maisie is doing well. We have a visit with the peds audiologist at Children's on Thursday. They're going to fit her for a hearing aid and start the testing and processes for a cochlear. We've read all the literature and, while I know some people are anti-implant, think this is best for Maisie. It's going to be a rocky road but we are prepared. I think. We also decided we are "one and done". We have a lifestyle we love and Maisie seems to love it, too. But, facing certain realities, she's going to need our everything and our family feels complete. :)

Fun stuff- we took her on her first hike. It was really funny to see DH carrying Maisie in the backpack with her O2 tank and me bringing up the rear with the emergency bag. We ran into a hiker that asked Mais' if he could have a hit off her oxygen. Lol. She's done her first hike, though! She was so alert and content. I can't wait until she can hear things better. She's really observant and tracks things visually. Her therapist noticed that she seems to see things in her periphery more than other infants at her developmental age. She also stares at your eyes intently, like she can read your soul... and you're guilty. Lol. She is making all sorts of noises! Her therapist is having her: mimic facial movements, working on strong tummy muscles and all over muscle tone (I had no idea that stuff mattered for speech), proper swallowing and coordination for eating, and interaction with her surroundings. I noted that she does some things far beyond what her development should allow and we were told that she is compensating for the hearing loss. It's just amazing that a child so young can have that power to adapt. She also has a stubborn determination. She rolled over today (after many failed attempts)! She has been fascinated with the reflection of the sun off the little creek in back- it makes the ceiling shimmer- and she fussed until she flipped herself over to look at it. Lol. She did it.

Edited by wanderwoman
  • Love 22

Wanderwoman what an uplifting post. Thank you for the progress report. I visualize your posts and Maisie's progress makes me happy. On another note I hope DH feels better after his venting session. Is there any way the therapist can go to a hotel for one night? i rink I remember you are far from town though?

I love hearing about Maisie's progress! 

BECCA3891, I have a question. Do you know anything about the Farris kids and how they ended up? I read Mrs. Farris' book (I forgot her first name), "A Mom Just Like You," back in 2000, and it had a profound impact on my life for the next several years, setting me on the QF/homeschooler path (which I'm no longer on!). She went into detail about the courtships/marriages of her three oldest daughters, and ended the book by telling how old all the kids were, how many grandkids, etc. I have frequently wondered about what happened to them all after the book was published.

Wait for the live in help to ask for a night off to go someplace.  She can't be having the time of her life either.  It's somebody else's house, their stuff, their routine, all things to make one uncomfortable.  Only fair for her to get away a little.  Win and win.

• Love 2

BECCA3891, I have a question. Do you know anything about the Farris kids and how they ended up?

I used to know some of them personally (acquaintances, not close friends), but lost touch by 2002-ish when I turned 18, started college, and abandoned my homeschooled/fundie upbringing. The only insider information I have is what I posted on the other thread, that one of those oldest three daughters had three babies in three years, became overwhelmed/depressed, and they changed their views on trusting god with the size of their family and completed their family by later adopting two young African-American boys.

I can tell you truthfully that Michael Farris is not a very nice person. He was very clique-y at church and never acknowledged my parents' attempts at friendliness. As president of the ultra conservative Patrick Henry College, he forbade a peaceful group of gay Christians from setting foot on campus to have a friendly dialogue, going so far as to call the police, even though he knew they were a peaceful group. Even other ultra conservative colleges had allowed the gathering. I was working for the local newspaper at the time and my coworker was trying to get a quote from him for her story about it. When he finally called her back, she played his voicemail for the newsroom and it was really rude, nasty and condescending.

I have often wondered too how the younger Farris children turned out. I still live just 15 minutes away from the church many of them attend, but I just don't think I could ever stomach going back. As of 2002-2003, they were all still well in line with their parents' views but there were I think 11 or 12 of them and I wonder if any of them broke the mold.

I've been lax about updating here because life has been alternately crazy and blissfully boring. DH has had three heartbreaking days at work and I think he had a much needed, cathartic venting session, today. It's been really hard having someone in our home on a daily basis. We both recognise the necessity and we won't be stopping, but he made the observation that we haven't had a night of privacy for almost five months.

Maisie is doing well. We have a visit with the peds audiologist at Children's on Thursday. They're going to fit her for a hearing aid and start the testing and processes for a cochlear. We've read all the literature and, while I know some people are anti-implant, think this is best for Maisie. It's going to be a rocky road but we are prepared. I think. We also decided we are "one and done". We have a lifestyle we love and Maisie seems to love it, too. But, facing certain realities, she's going to need our everything and our family feels complete. :)

Fun stuff- we took her on her first hike. It was really funny to see DH carrying Maisie in the backpack with her O2 tank and me bringing up the rear with the emergency bag. We ran into a hiker that asked Mais' if he could have a hit off her oxygen. Lol. She's done her first hike, though! She was so alert and content. I can't wait until she can hear things better. She's really observant and tracks things visually. Her therapist noticed that she seems to see things in her periphery more than other infants at her developmental age. She also stares at your eyes intently, like she can read your soul... and you're guilty. Lol. She is making all sorts of noises! Her therapist is having her: mimic facial movements, working on strong tummy muscles and all over muscle tone (I had no idea that stuff mattered for speech), proper swallowing and coordination for eating, and interaction with her surroundings. I noted that she does some things far beyond what her development should allow and we were told that she is compensating for the hearing loss. It's just amazing that a child so young can have that power to adapt. She also has a stubborn determination. She rolled over today (after many failed attempts)! She has been fascinated with the reflection of the sun off the little creek in back- it makes the ceiling shimmer- and she fussed until she flipped herself over to look at it. Lol. She did it.

Great post, wanderwoman. So glad Maisie is finally home and having some fun with her Momma & Poppa. At last! PS - when is Maisie's birthday? If she's a Pisces Feb 22-Mar 20, then she's an Old Soul - and probably can read yours by staring into your eyes... :>)

• Love 1

Wow wanderwoman what a great post! I'm glad Maisie's home and enjoying some normal type activities. That is hilarious about the guy on the hiking trip asking for some of her oxygen. I hope you can find a way to get a night out for just you and hubby soon, or maybe better yet, a night in for the three of you. Maybe you can give the person who's living with you (one of your moms right? I can't remember) a gift of dinner and a movie, or an afternoon at the spa, or something - to give her some time away and you guys some time to yourselves.

• Love 1

Such great news wanderwoman about Maisie.  I love hearing stories about alert babies and the ones who have the determination to do things like rolling over to watch the light on the ceiling.  She's going to have a wonderful childhood with you as parents.  :)  

• Love 3
(edited)

We also decided we are "one and done". We have a lifestyle we love and Maisie seems to love it, too. But, facing certain realities, she's going to need our everything and our family feels complete. :)

She also has a stubborn determination. She rolled over today (after many failed attempts)! She has been fascinated with the reflection of the sun off the little creek in back- it makes the ceiling shimmer- and she fussed until she flipped herself over to look at it. Lol. She did it.

One kid is awesome. All the onlies I know are bright, secure, high achievers and none of them wish they had siblings. They also all have very good relationships with their parents.

She rolled over! (What's her developmental age now? I'm sorry; I've lost track.) That's an achievement! It takes a lot of coordination of muscle groups. Go Maisie!

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 3
(edited)

Wandewomen thank you for making my day a little brighter.  I love Our Maisie updates.  As always ffhugs kisses and love to you hubby maisie and your live in

Edited by amitville
  • Love 1

becca3891 thanks for the info about Michael Farris.  That guy has always seemed so very creepy.  We came across Patrick Henry College last fall and checked it out (no one was there) and it didn't seem to have much personality.  I just googled him and came across his FB page where there are some family photos.

• Love 1

Maisie is Amazing and I'm so glad to know she is thriving! And hooray for some blissfully boring moments.

Now, if you could have a few moments to yourselves, that would be good too. ;)

• Love 3
(edited)

Have you researched brands of implant for Maisie? There are only two main brands. Advanced Bionics and Cochlear.

Questions to ask from the audiologists:

How much room do they have reserved on the implanted processor for future upgrades, (programming software that does not exist yet)

Types of electrodes, do they preserve residual hearing?

How often do they re-program the implant?

How many programs can it hold?

I have an Advanced Bionics implant because I liked their answers and because their customer service is outstanding. Most audiologists steer you to a different brand but my doctor steered me to this one.

Listen, learn and ask questions. Ask why they prefer a brand over another. Once in, you're married to it. At the end of the day, both are excellent choices.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 2
(edited)

Have you researched brands of implant for Maisie? There are only two main brands. Advanced Bionics and Cochlear.

Questions to ask from the audiologists:

How much room do they have reserved on the implanted processor for future upgrades, (programming software that does not exist yet)

Types of electrodes, do they preserve residual hearing?

How often do they re-program the implant?

How many programs can it hold?

I have an Advanced Bionics implant because I liked their answers and because their customer service is outstanding. Most audiologists steer you to a different brand but my doctor steered me to this one.

Listen, learn and ask questions. Ask why they prefer a brand over another. Once in, you're married to it. At the end of the day, both are excellent choices.

Jelly Beans you are always watching out for Our Little Maisie and Her Mother and Father, just like a Fairy Godmother

Edited by amitville
  • Love 7

Oh thank you... I do prefer implantable hearing aids if she has enough residual hearing as she has no equipment to wear but insurance will not pay...that I know of. One gets tired of wearing stuff on their ears and body. And when I lay down to watch TV, everything falls off! GRR....

• Love 3

@ "Fairy Godmother Jellybeans",

I'm still researching. Our insurance will cover part of her implantable device. She also receives some coverage from the state due to her prematurity and hearing loss. Between the two, our out of pocket will be limited to $2,000. I didn't know they would start her with a hearing aid before the cochlear so I was caught a little off guard. They are going to mold her ears Thursday and take more accurate tests to satisfy the insurance company and help us choose the best device. I'm new to all of this so I really appreciate your list of questions. From what I was told, she should've been fitted with a hearing aid weeks ago in preparation for the cochlear device. Now we are playing catch up. She has some residual hearing in one ear and they think, but will know for sure Thursday, they can fit that ear with the hearing aid for now. The surgery for her implant will take place in late June. I have been shown devices by Otologics, Cochlear, and Advanced Bionics. I was told the Otologic and AB devices are best for her particular type of loss. I hope to know more tomorrow.

One kid is awesome. All the onlies I know are bright, secure, high achievers and none of them wish they had siblings. They also all have very good relationships with their parents.

She rolled over! (What's her developmental age now? I'm sorry; I've lost track.) That's an achievement! It takes a lot of coordination of muscle groups. Go Maisie!

Her bday is Jan. 25th. She was @ 31 weeks gestation. So, she's 3 months, 3 weeks old. Adjusted for prematurity, she's 7 weeks. Tummy to back rolling is normally reached at four months, so she's advanced. Lol. Size wise, she looks like a seven week old baby, but she acts like a 3-4month old.

• Love 7

Her bday is Jan. 25th. She was @ 31 weeks gestation. So, she's 3 months, 3 weeks old. Adjusted for prematurity, she's 7 weeks. Tummy to back rolling is normally reached at four months, so she's advanced. Lol. Size wise, she looks like a seven week old baby, but she acts like a 3-4month old.

She's doing so well! I remember our pediatrician said they'd expect to see rolling over at five months, so she's ahead even for her non-adjusted age. (I remember this specifically, because I told the dr. that DD1 had rolled over and he didn't believe me -- then she demonstrated and nearly went off the examining table, lol.) Early milestones like that usually indicate a very smart child. Wait until she figures out how to roll back. After that you have to watch every second she's on the floor because she just might roll across the room. :-)

• Love 4

She's doing so well! I remember our pediatrician said they'd expect to see rolling over at five months, so she's ahead even for her non-adjusted age. (I remember this specifically, because I told the dr. that DD1 had rolled over and he didn't believe me -- then she demonstrated and nearly went off the examining table, lol.) Early milestones like that usually indicate a very smart child. Wait until she figures out how to roll back. After that you have to watch every second she's on the floor because she just might roll across the room. :-)

I know! DH thought we were fibbing or exaggerating, so we put her on her tummy and she fussed and fussed until she wiggled over. She reminds me of a whale because she pushes and pushes until she get on her side and then kind of breaches over with this arm extended, slow motion action. Lol. She also does this sun salutation thing where she, while on her tummy, holds her head up and pushes on her hands so her back is arched like a yoga position. We have a floor to ceiling window in the living room and she likes to lay there and sunbathe. I think she likes the way the sun dappled through the trees. I never knew their personalities were so obvious this early.

• Love 10

becca3891 thanks for the info about Michael Farris.  That guy has always seemed so very creepy.  We came across Patrick Henry College last fall and checked it out (no one was there) and it didn't seem to have much personality.  I just googled him and came across his FB page where there are some family photos.

Glad to! I drive past Patrick Henry College once a week or so and just did so tonight. It's really new and small, so not much in the way of interesting campus life. While I dislike its core values, what angers me is that in recent years, many stories have surfaced about on campus sexual assaults that were swept under the rug, along with some victim blaming. Hmm, sounds familiar. I remember Farris's smug speech at the grand opening of the college in the early 2000s, "Our men's and women's dorms are on opposite ends of the campus!" to a round of applause. In their world, that eliminates any possibility of sexual misconduct, as though the only thing that can go wrong is consensual sex.

Glad to! I drive past Patrick Henry College once a week or so and just did so tonight. It's really new and small, so not much in the way of interesting campus life. While I dislike its core values, what angers me is that in recent years, many stories have surfaced about on campus sexual assaults that were swept under the rug, along with some victim blaming. Hmm, sounds familiar. I remember Farris's smug speech at the grand opening of the college in the early 2000s, "Our men's and women's dorms are on opposite ends of the campus!" to a round of applause. In their world, that eliminates any possibility of sexual misconduct, as though the only thing that can go wrong is consensual sex.

Isn't this kind of a common problem in almost all colleges, religious or not?  I know at mine they made a huuuuge deal about reporting any assaults and they did follow up, but I know a lot was still swept under the rug. Funny thing is I lived in one of the few female-only dorms (I didn't care at the time, I just wanted my own room and they were in limited supply so that's where I ended up).  The majority of the dorms were co-ed, and they had fewer issues from what I could tell.

Having followed the subject, unless there are a LOT more assaults at Patrick Henry going unreported, then while their cover-ups aren't happy news, they are still lower than at most colleges and Universities in Virginia. (Where it's also unlikely all assaults are being fully reported.). This is a very frustrating topic on all sides, at pretty much every school.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it's a problem anywhere you have coed settings with youngish people - more hormones than brains. When my son was in Marine boot camp a few years back, they drilled it over and over and over about the HANDS OFF policies. And STILL there were rapes reported at MOS school following boot. Of course, Marines = 1) something to PROVE, 2) mingling after 13 weeks of total separation 3) the assumption everybody loves a uniform (twisted sense of entitlement). Not MY kid, of course. Hehe! They get 2 weeks leave between boot and MOS. The wake of pregnant girlfriends left behind was unbelievable. One of our GIRLS reported pregnant to MOS. It was like 9months after prom night! ....mothers talk....

Edited by Happyfatchick
(edited)

Wanderwoman, think of a hearing aid as a trainer. It helps Maisie learn about sounds. :-) The implant will be quite a jump over the hearing aid. It's nice to be prepared!

I have never heard of Otologic Implants. Will check them out.

Maisie is doing so well!!! My goodness! Is she a determined kid! Before you know it she will be driving. Ha!

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 3

Wanderwoman, think of a hearing aid as a trainer. It helps Maisie learn about sounds. :-) The implant will be quite a jump over the hearing aid. It's nice to be prepared!

I have never heard of Otologic Implants. Will check them out.

Maisie is doing so well!!! My goodness! Is she a determined kid! Before you know it she will be driving. Ha!

That's an excellent analogy. I'm going to use that when people ask. Wish us luck. Today is appointment day. :)
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ohhhh, If you are going to get an Advanced Bionics Implant, ask about the hearing aid that is compatible with the implant. I believe it is a Phonak. The advantage is, sounds streams into a single streamer from both devices when she wears a streamer.

Of course the devices go in separate ears once she is implanted. I mention that because there are some hard core lovers of this system who wear a hearing aid AND cochlear implant on the same ear, on both sides.

My ears have no room for such creativity. LOL.

I love my streamer... Younger kids use it far more than I do but my hearing aid streamer is not compatible with my implant. So when I want to listen to my Tom Petty, it streams into my hearing aid only. Boooo! However I still geta lot from my implant so it is all good.

Cochlear implants have volume control but they are not really designed to change on a daily basis. I change the volume on my hearing aid three or four times a day. My boyfriend has the TV up too loud for me. I hear better in a softer environment. Ha!

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 1