Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I hate to say it but DH did not do a good job today with the Marlena/Hattie scenes. She was fine the other day as Hattie with JE but today was awful.

• Love 2
(edited)

Boy the writers have dusted off all of Jennifer's, Kayla's and Hope's old scripts to put the "S" on Abby's chest under MM, have they!  Now she got hit like proud mary to protect Chad.  ? Thankfully the scripts from a human level have been good enough the last couple of weeks.  I really wish though Dario was hanging around longer.  I've been liking his motivation under Ron pen. Dario/Abby/Chad could had actually been the new Sami/Austin/Carrie.  

Ok I know Ron is new and I need to give him at least a month to get use to feeling out Days but what's with him and masks on soaps??   While I like Hattie and Bonnie characters, I hope this story isn't a long, draw out one.  These type of plots and stories can lose momentum quickly as we've seen on the sister soap GH (Denise and Nuke). 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

I don't know why but I kinda love that Roman isn't a Steve fan.  Think he said you acting weirder than usual or something like that and Steve just rolls with it. 

Wow john was really delaying getting back to Marlena.   Of course she's like a bad rash but it's nothing personal ? 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I don't know why but I kinda love that Roman isn't a Steve fan.  Think he said you acting weirder than usual or something like that and Steve just rolls with it. 

Wow john was really delaying getting back to Marlena.   Of course she's like a bad rash but it's nothing personal ? 

Roman saying completely deadpan "you are acting weider than usuaL" made me laugh out loud!  And Steve was like whatever. I liked seeing Roman & Steve inter-acting.

I thought Drake Hogestyn looked really good today with the silver hair.  Rocking the "Steve Carrell" look.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

While I like Hattie and Bonnie characters, I hope this story isn't a long, draw out one.  These type of plots and stories can lose momentum quickly as we've seen on the sister soap GH (Denise and Nuke). 

I think what's better about this so far is that he's being upfront about what's happening.  With the Duke/Faison masks and with Fluke, they dragged the part where "Duke" and "Luke" were acting really weird out for too long before the reveals that they had been replaced.  Here, we know up top what Hattie and Bonnie are doing.

Where do you find lilacs in August? They are only here in May and the first week of June (early spring). Are they specially grown somewhere? Did John get plastic ones for Doc?

Hattie, good luck in pulling off a Marlena impersonation. Did enjoy her lugging Marlena's drugged body in her kitten heels. At least wear sneakers or some other more practical shoe.

Paul and Sonny's hug seemed... forced.

Someone was trying to kill Dario? Really? Who? All of a sudden he goes to Witness Protection?

It was too easy for Kayla to be reinstated. Surely there is security footage at the hospital that would show Tripp playing with her iPad on his 'shadowing' days.

The suspect of the week for the death of Deimos? Who is next in the revolving door?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Paul and Sonny's hug seemed... forced.

That's because Freddie and Christopher do not now nor have they ever had an ounce of chemistry.

Christopher/Guy? Yes

Freddie/Chandler? Yes

Freddie/Guy? Yes

PaulSon as a couple has always been forced.

• Love 2

I'm liking the small changes we're seeing. The transitions between scenes - how "call" was used to link the Gabi/Kate scene with the scene at the hospital - and the progress we're seeing in storylines from Dario/Abby to Eric/Nicole (she admits she should have forgiven him long ago!) And the references to the past...all of this is good.

I'm still annoyed with how much they're talking about Eric and Nicole rather than just showing us that something might be there. I feel like we still could have another two weeks of Eric and Nicole just relaxing around each other and laughing before anyone starts wondering if something is up, Brady included.

Liked seeing Kate finally come out and say why she supports Chad/Gabi - she thinks Gabi is sane and Abigail's not. And backed it up with evidence!

Hopefully the show continues to explore Abigail's mental issues. It's been over a year since Mansi left and I feel like they're still avoiding actually getting deep into the subject.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7

So Brady's back running Titan again.  I wonder how that will play out when Sonny is released.

How would Abigail's death possibly be on Chad?

Saint Agnes of Assisi?

I'm glad Nicole has Maggie to talk to.

"Nicole, when in the past has keeping a secret ever worked out for you?"

• Love 4

That car accident has to be the cheesiest in the history of soaps.....please stop replaying it!. It't not just cheesy, but it does not make any sense at all. Abs shoves Chad out of way, but instead of her momentum throwing her ontop of him, instead she stands straight up and steps back the other way and stands there?!?!!  Also, where the f did the car go after hitting her? The entire scene was set in front of brick wall and the house...there literally was no road there so why didnt car plow into either?. I thought GH accidents were bad but this takes the cake!

And if Eli went to the house and told Hope and Rafe that Dario and Abby werent there, wouldn't Eli have literally run into the accident scene that was right in front of the house?? Does not make any sense!

Why do I feel like we are in store for unconscious Abs dreaming about her and Chads great love set to that awful awful song of theirs?? Please Ron for all that is holy do not bring that song back!!

Hope's hair was fantastic today.

If you want this oldie viewer to pretend that is Roman and not Chris Kosticheck then stop putting him behind a bar!  If Savannah shows up then I know they are f-ing with us....I wouldnt put it past Ron either!

• Love 10
On 2017-07-28 at 8:21 PM, buffynut said:

It was nice seeing Marlena and Chris Roman interacting for a change. Course it's because of the Hattie storyline, but still I enjoyed them discussing their grandkids.

All I can think of is Chris Kositchek, too, when Marlena and Ex-Commissioner Grampa Mumbleteeth share a scene. But I'm glad E-CGM!Roman twigged to how weird Steve is being. I even liked the recognition of how well Roman knows Steve and all his secretive, macho-veined ways. Steve refuses help and grits that he has to do it alone, and Roman mutters "Like always." That's the first time the character has made me laugh in years, probably.

Don't care about Anjelica and her quest for bleached, bloated blonde revenge. Don't care about the Double-Dip Doppelgänger plot; especially don't care about Hattie and how she imagines breaking up John and Marlena is going to fling Roman into her waiting arms. (Chris/Ex-Commissioner Grampa Mumbleteeth says "What?")

I wish Tripp would make up his mind, already. I think he wants to forgive Kayla, but the reasons the show finds for postponing it seem thin. But I did enjoy Steve's getting a clue, and then laying it on thick with Tripp.

Stop playing flashbacks of things that just happened in the same episode, show! Doing it to emphasize the trauma of a hit-and-run accident is one thing (it's cheesy, even so), but showing Sparkle recalling Jawn's advice about Victor just insults the audience and makes Sparkle look puddle-brained. BECAUSE IT HAPPENED FIVE MINUTES AGO.

Nice of Dario to cower out of the way of the hit-and-run driver (because of course there's a hit-and-run driver) and leave Chad to fend(er bend) for himself! And Abigail discovers her super-strength and shoves Chad clear of the car. Because of course she does.

Huh -- it turns out there is something more annoying than regular de-oxygenated Goldfish Dario: weepy, guilt-ridden Goldfish Dario!

And for Hope and Shut Up, Rafe! to be teasing out the story to JJ of Abigail's flight with Dario makes no sense; the cops have been on the scene. Do they not communicate with the station?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

That car accident has to be the cheesiest in the history of soaps.....please stop replaying it!. It't not just cheesy, but it does not make any sense at all. Abs shoves Chad out of way, but instead of her momentum throwing her ontop of him, instead she stands straight up and steps back the other way and stands there?!?!!  Also, where the f did the car go after hitting her? The entire scene was set in front of brick wall and the house...there literally was no road there so why didnt car plow into either?. I thought GH accidents were bad but this takes the cake!

And if Eli went to the house and told Hope and Rafe that Dario and Abby werent there, wouldn't Eli have literally run into the accident scene that was right in front of the house?? Does not make any sense!

Why do I feel like we are in store for unconscious Abs dreaming about her and Chads great love set to that awful awful song of theirs?? Please Ron for all that is holy do not bring that song back!!

That sequence was so bad. Just have a hitman shoot at them and Abby could take a bullet for him instead. I mean I'm not for promoting gun violence in this day and age, but, damn, that "hit and and what had to be a throw it in reverse and back out of that dead end/run" was just so embarrassing.

That song has got to go. It takes me right out of their scenes. 

A shot at Dario would have worked better than the stupid hit-and-run. Uh, check the bodyshops or stolen car reports to find one that matches -and has a lot of damage in front. At least Kate has possession of the Salem Brain today with telling Gabi that she's at least sane! Abigail's mental health issues didn't go away after she got on 'proper' medication from Grandma Laura.

Nicole, you really don't have much of any 'secret' from Brady. He should be very aware that you and his brother Eric have a history - BUT that you have chosen HIM. Why, who knows? Maggie as a sounding board? Well??? What happened to the spunky, independent Nicole? Oh, yes, DDD.

Looks like the Salem Hospital got some new medical equipment to put in to patient rooms.

JJ should have access to the police scanner/radio system and could have heard all on his own about Abigail being in the hospital.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

At least Kate has possession of the Salem Brain today with telling Gabi that she's at least sane!

Mention of the time-share on the single operable brain in town always makes me laugh. But Kate's pretty judgmental for someone with her extensive history of poisoning, shooting, drowning and marrying all the wrong people.

5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

JJ should have access to the police scanner/radio system and could have heard all on his own about Abigail being in the hospital.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the town treats JJ like he can't find out things for himself, but always has to be told, preferably in words of one syllable (or fewer, if possible)? Or maybe he doesn't have access time on the Salem Brain this month.

• Love 2

I'm enjoying Roman running things at the pub.  The Brady family has needed a patriarch for years, and he's much more watchable there than playing cop.

The rest didn't grab me, although the Stephanie mentions are a tease.  Salem felt particularly empty today, and pretty much everyone stayed in their little bubble for the whole ep.

• Love 5

I'm having a hard time getting back into the habit of watching. I'm outside most afternoons when it's nice. And I can't muster the interest to watch online. Maybe in the fall I'll get back into the routine.

I did see the last 20 minutes or so on Monday and I am seeing tiny improvements in the story-telling. For example, instead of John simply walking into the bedroom and finding missing Marlena and the signs of a struggle, they had that mini-cliffhanger where he opened the door, got his puzzled look on his face, then went to commercial.  

Anyway, another sunny day here, so probably will be outside when the show airs.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

He said he was on a stakeout.

Unless he was under cover, he still should have heard about it. He wouldn't have been able to rush to the scene -- but Hope and Rafe spoon-feeding him little by little doesn't make sense, even if he was on a stakeout.

Edited by Sandman

I actually have done something I can't ever remember before doing while watching Days. I ... gasp... hit the rewind button! 

The show just feels tighter. The dialogue has improved significantly, with the banter between Andre and Kate being the highlight. The small callbacks are also appreciated. Kate mentioning how Gabby was during the Nick fiasco, Hope mentioning Zack and many others. Plus, there has actual been humor in the show. 

How long is too long in jail -- the minute Roman becomes your dream man. I dislike doppleganger stories to start with but to think that Deidre Hall will have to be making goo goo eyes at Roman and there might be kissing or a love scene between doppleMarlena and Roman makes me want to gag.  I hope Dee Hall is getting bonus pay. 

That being said I think Roman has had some pretty decent scenes these past few days in the pub with Kayla, Steve, and just yesterday with Eric. I feel like he and Eric don't get enough scenes and it was nice to see fatherly concern and him giving Eric a talking to. 

I am surprisingly liking the quad of Abby, Gabby, Chad and Dario, which might just be a plain old triangle with Dario seemingly in the wind.  New Abby is a find. I mean, yeah, she has all the sexual heat of wet cardboard compared to Gabby, but acting wise she is amazing. She is like if Sissy Spacek and Laura Linney had a baby. 

I do wish the show had given Chad and Gabby more of a chance but I am okay with Chad and Abby as long as Abby isn't played by KM. 

I've wanted an Eric/Nicole/Brady triangle as long as I can remember. It figures I get it when the writers have ruined Nicole by turning her into a whiny, blubbering, wimpy coward. So let me get this straight - the new secret now between Nic and Brady is that she has forgiven Eric and she can't tell him for fear he will become jealous and fly off the handle? Yeah, that's a healthy relationship.

Did the engine on the plane that took Theresa out of town even have a chance to cool before Brady was in love with Nicole? 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

So let me get this straight - the new secret now between Nic and Brady is that she has forgiven Eric and she can't tell him for fear he will become jealous and fly off the handle? Yeah, that's a healthy relationship.

Right? If you can't tell your significant other something like this, your relationship is irretrievably broken. The only one who doesn't walk on eggshells around Bonehead Black seemed to be Pop-Up Victor, but Uncle Vic is too busy planning hits (among family members) and setting up the wrong people to take the fall (among family members) to deal with Brady's nonsense.

• Love 3

Ron is living up to his nickname Reron with this doppelganger story. He is redoing the Samantha locking Marlena into the looney bin from years pass.  He even had Hattie telling the doctor that Marlena is obsessed with her and that she should be sedated and restrained, just like Samantha did when she told the doctors to give Marlena electro shock therapy.  It  is only fair that the show shows us  flashbacks from that story. Since Ken Corday is cheap, he won't do it , so, he does not have to pay Andrea Hall..

I still find Andre to be out of place. A serial killer being a part of society is weird to me. I hope that Ron makes him a brainwashed Tony. It would be campy, but, that is what Ron likes...

• Love 3

I want him to start hurting people again. Wasn't Andre brought back to be a villain? And here we are, a year later, and I still have clue why he gives a damn about Abigail. Arg!

Nice Kate/John scenes. Way to read him over his multiple disappearing acts, Kate! Finally someone says it!

That's all I got. The rest is yaaaawn.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I wish we could get more of an explanation for Andre's devotion to Abigail.

A lot of bloody bandages on the floor there.  I don't recall seeing those in a soap before.

Kate always knows the right thing to say.  "Perhaps she's avoiding you purposely."

Nice interaction between Jennifer and Lucas.

"You two have an uncanny likeness."  "I don't see it."

Salem has been calm without Anjelica?  Really?  Calm?

Great show today.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

That being said I think Roman has had some pretty decent scenes these past few days in the pub with Kayla, Steve, and just yesterday with Eric. I feel like he and Eric don't get enough scenes and it was nice to see fatherly concern and him giving Eric a talking to. 

I like seeing Roman running the pub too. However, Eric is so beautiful that I can never remember Roman is  his father. It took me a while to work things out when they were talking in that scene. :)

• Love 3

Sonny's hair looks even greasier in jail, just not styled.

His hair has been horrible of late.  I hope he fixes it soon and gets back to looking like the adorable Sunny of days gone by. 

That's because Freddie and Christopher do not now nor have they ever had an ounce of chemistry.

I love the two together.  I actually prefer Sonny with Paul over Will #1 and Will #2.  It's been a long time since they were given scenes where they can actually be more affectionate.  Maybe this has to do with the writers and the limitations on how much emotion they can display.  However, back when Paul first ran in to Sonny their chemistry was electric.  Plus they were so adorable together.  Paul is such a good guy.  That body and awesome smile and good looks of his paired with Sonny's sweetness and good looks was a perfect match.     

• Love 2

...to think that Deidre Hall will have to be making goo goo eyes at Roman and there might be kissing or a love scene between doppleMarlena and Roman makes me want to gag.  I hope Dee Hall is getting bonus pay. 

...see, where I'm sitting, this is the Roman they hired and the Roman they've kept. For decades. The Roman who I'm supposed to believe was once the love of Marlena's life. So it's HIGH TIME they actually used him in a story, and if it's one that touches on his feelings towards the mother of his twins, all the better.

I'm not saying he's a looker or a great actor or that Wayne wasn't better....I'm saying I want to see something happen in his life regarding whether he still longs for her or not. They've danced around it for years. Resolve it, Ron.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...see, where I'm sitting, this is the Roman they hired and the Roman they've kept. For decades. The Roman who I'm supposed to believe was once the love of Marlena's life. So it's HIGH TIME they actually used him in a story, and if it's one that touches on his feelings towards the mother of his twins, all the better.

I'm not saying he's a looker or a great actor or that Wayne wasn't better....I'm saying I want to see something happen in his life regarding whether he still longs for her or not. They've danced around it for years. Resolve it, Ron.

It is resolved. Marlena has chosen John. He actually defended that choice to Sami. It would be  pathetic for Roman to still  want her. Plus, Wayne and Drake were Roman. This impostor is a joke. Drake should have  stayed as Roman.

Well, today's ep is it for me til next Tuesday. Can't imagine that I will miss much.  Don't know how long Hattie can play Marlena, but maybe when Bonnie comes to town, she'll be slightly overshadowed. Would Roman even want Marlena at this point? It would be simpler for Hattie to just be a better version of herself and ask Roman out for a date instead of this giant charade.

Kate was right about John coming back for two minutes and then leaving. I'd not answer the phone for a bit either.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Well, today's ep is it for me til next Tuesday. Can't imagine that I will miss much.  Don't know how long Hattie can play Marlena, but maybe when Bonnie comes to town, she'll be slightly overshadowed. Would Roman even want Marlena at this point? It would be simpler for Hattie to just be a better version of herself and ask Roman out for a date instead of this giant charade.

Kate was right about John coming back for two minutes and then leaving. I'd not answer the phone for a bit either.

When Hattie first came back this is where I thought that they might go with having her on canvas for awhile sort of working on being a more law abiding version of herself.  I could see her and Hope spending a good amount of time together as well as her annoying Marlena and John. 

I would rather see Roman deal with his ever loving feelings for Marlena through his attraction to Hattie as herself.  I can actually see Roman liking a "nicer" version of Hattie and actually seeing him deal with being with a woman who looks exactly like his ex-wife whom he has been trying to get over for 25 years. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

When Hattie first came back this is where I thought that they might go with having her on canvas for awhile sort of working on being a more law abiding version of herself.  I could see her and Hope spending a good amount of time together as well as her annoying Marlena and John. 

I would rather see Roman deal with his ever loving feelings for Marlena through his attraction to Hattie as herself.  I can actually see Roman liking a "nicer" version of Hattie and actually seeing him deal with being with a woman who looks exactly like his ex-wife whom he has been trying to get over for 25 years. 

Hattie has now ruined any chance of ever being with Roman, by kidnapping Marlena.  I feel that this story with Hattie taking over Marlena's life would have worked  better years ago when Stefano had found Hattie.. It was also the time that John and Marlena were fighting and apart..

• Love 2

I would rather see Roman deal with his ever loving feelings for Marlena through his attraction to Hattie as herself.  I can actually see Roman liking a "nicer" version of Hattie and actually seeing him deal with being with a woman who looks exactly like his ex-wife whom he has been trying to get over for 25 years. 

Agreed. I think I actually said this already, LOL.

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It would be simpler for Hattie to just be a better version of herself and ask Roman out for a date instead of this giant charade.

Exactly. Why is this subterfuge even necessary? Roman and Marlena aren't together, and there's no real chance that they will be. Why doesn't Hattie just make a play for Roman as herself?

Salem may not have been exactly peaceful in Anjelica's absence (and can I just say spelling "Anjelica" with a J has always annoyed me), but there has been some real change. Anjelica's in some kind of denial, working from a completely outdated playbook -- she's trying to break up two couples who aren't even together anymore. (Jane Elliott's Anjelica was never this stupid, was she?) It seems the writers aren't content with just trying to revive characters from the 80s and 90s -- Bo, Kristen, Susan, Eve, Anjelica -- but to pretend that the conflicts they created or lived through are still relevant, or even exist anymore.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Exactly. Why is this subterfuge even necessary? Roman and Marlena aren't together, and there's no real chance that they will be. Why doesn't Hattie just make a play for Roman as herself?

Because this would make too much sense. 

Adrienne is with Lucas so not at all understanding why Angelica feels the need for an Adrienne doppleganger? 

Seeing Angelica and Justin together this past episode - just yikes! 

I don't understand why Angelica didn't hire some goons to help Hattie move Marlena's body.  She obviously has some on payroll. We saw some dude sitting in the pub make a call when Marlena was on the way home.  It seemed mighty stupid not to have an airtight A to B plan for tucking Marlena away somewhere once she was knocked out.

Why are Hattie and Angelica meeting in murder park in the open to discuss their scheming?  Again. Dumb.

Macabre as it seemed, I liked the scene of the bloody towels on the floor in the ER. Added some realism. Speaking of which, is that a new set? I like it. 

I don't know if it is the changing of the Abby actress but Jennifer has been so much more tolerable these last few months. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Salem may not have been exactly peaceful in Anjelica's absence (and can I just say spelling "Anjelica" with a J has always annoyed me), but there has been some real change. Anjelica's in some kind of denial, working from a completely outdated playbook -- she's trying to break up two couples who aren't even together anymore. (Jane Elliott's Anjelica was never this stupid, was she?) It seems the writers aren't content with just trying to revive characters from the 80s and 90s -- Bo, Kristen, Susan, Eve, Anjelica -- but to pretend that the conflicts they created or lived through are still relevant, or even exist anymore.

Anjelica was the Kate of the 80's.. She can be repellent, but, she had moments of  humanity, especially, in her longing, for a child and her love for Jack..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

she's trying to break up two couples who aren't even together anymore. (Jane Elliott's Anjelica was never this stupid, was she?) It seems the writers aren't content with just trying to revive characters from the 80s and 90s... but to pretend that the conflicts they created or lived through are still relevant, or even exist anymore.

This is a huge problem that keeps the writing feeling plot-bound.  It's all about producing moments like catfights, and not about telling these characters' stories.  Anjelica could be relevant if they looked at her history... this story should be about her son with Justin.  But bringing back these conflicts that everyone moved past, and should have gotten in decades of living since, and acting like they are still active just makes it seem like the writers are playing paper dolls.  Same thing with Ava, who had no life other than popping in to destroy Steve and Kayla every decade.  Same thing with Kristen's returns.  Give them some other motivation and revive the conflict naturally if you want to go there, but come on.

Days is so dumbed down.  I hoped RC coming on board would help.  But he's not the first writer I've wanted to be hopeful about, who hasn't seemed to change much on that score, which makes me think that it's coming from somewhere else.  For all it's flaws, I don't feel like GH thinks I'm an idiot when I tune in, the way I do with Days.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, lska said:

This is a huge problem that keeps the writing feeling plot-bound.  It's all about producing moments like catfights, and not about telling these characters' stories.  Anjelica could be relevant if they looked at her history... this story should be about her son with Justin.  But bringing back these conflicts that everyone moved past, and should have gotten in decades of living since, and acting like they are still active just makes it seem like the writers are playing paper dolls.  Same thing with Ava, who had no life other than popping in to destroy Steve and Kayla every decade.  Same thing with Kristen's returns.  Give them some other motivation and revive the conflict naturally if you want to go there, but come on.

Days is so dumbed down.  I hoped RC coming on board would help.  But he's not the first writer I've wanted to be hopeful about, who hasn't seemed to change much on that score, which makes me think that it's coming from somewhere else.  For all it's flaws, I don't feel like GH thinks I'm an idiot when I tune in, the way I do with Days.

Well said....I wish that I could like your post 1 million times..

• Love 1

I had a similar reaction to the Eric Nicole Brady stuff today. There's no intelligent reason why Nicole would have to keep from Brady the fact that she's forgiven Eric. Brady asked her to forgive Eric last summer! There is also no believable reason for Brady to be jealous of Eric at this point in time. Eric went on a suicide mission at Brady's request to save Nicole and succeeded. Now about 3 weeks later Brady is all upset? What exactly is his problem? Does he think Eric is purposefully trying to steal Nicole away from him? Does he think Nicole can't help but fall back in love with Eric? It's like Brady thinks everyone around him is stupid and cruel. These two people who are both very important in your life recently started getting along again and now you don't like it?

This is such grade school shit. Damn show!

• Love 8

The whole dynamic with Eric, Brady and Nicole today was off to me. They spoke in slow motion and the acting was terrible. Maybe it's me but the three of them acted like they were acting in their first soap opera.

Then there's Joey that I expect that from. But from the three of them it was hard to watch.

Something just seemed off in all these hospital/Abby surgery scenes. There was no real sense of urgency to me. MR has been good and the actor playing JJ had a nice little scene, though. 

I can't find it in myself to care about Joey. The actor is abysmal and it doesn't help that the character is basically an easily manipulated emo murderer. Then there's Trip, who is so driven by revenge,  he's starting to seem unhinged. All for a psycho chick he never met. 

Also, here we go with the Three's Company only overhearing parts of a conversation leading to a stupid misunderstanding of the situation with Brady, Nicole, and Eric. Nicole falls in and out of love so easily. I just want to see her and Eric get it on to spite Brady's petulant ass. 

Wow, I guess I'm not feeling too charitable towards the show, today. I hope they wrap a lot of this nonsense up quickly.  

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Then there's Trip, who is so driven by revenge,  he's starting to seem unhinged. All for a psycho chick he never met. 

It's too bad, really. They've gone too far, IMO, to even give him an eventual redemption arc once he finds out the truth. Had he actually MET his mother, MAYBE I could buy his investment, but this makes no sense.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She can be repellent, but, she had moments of  humanity, especially, in her longing, for a child and her love for Jack.

That was all Jane Elliot, I think. Or at least not something the current writers and performer have the skills to reproduce.

I agree about James Lastovic, unfortunately. A very flat performance. Unless Joey's supposed to be experiencing clinical depression brought on by guilt, it's not working out.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Sandman said:

That was all Jane Elliot, I think. Or at least not something the current writers and performer have the skills to reproduce.

I agree about James Lastovic, unfortunately. A very flat performance. Unless Joey's supposed to be experiencing clinical depression brought on by guilt, it's not working out.

I do find Joey a bit more sympathetic than Tripp, but the fact still remains that he murdered Ava.  Why did Ken Corday let  Josh Griffith  have Joey murder Ava and Hope kill Stefano. I mean seriously, how did he expect the characters to come back from that.  I hated Ava with the heat of a thousand sun. The bitch deserved to die, but, not, at the hands of Joey.   They should have established a case of self-defense and it would have salvaged Joey's character and mitigated his actions. 

As far as Tripp is concerned, he is too stupid for words. First, he got taken in by the likes of Jade and now this Angelo character.  He knows all the evil that Ava did, yet, he put his evil mother on a pedestal like a vestal virgin to be worshipped by the town.  Poor Kayla, she always pays a price for loving and supporting Steve.  

• Love 6

Joey is no great shakes, but he killed Ava, so I have a shred of...positive thoughts...towards him just for that. Tripp, as spawn of the said useless murdered one, should not even exist. But JMO here.

• Love 8

I am curious to see how the Tripp revenge story plays out. Once he realizes that Kayla didn't kill his mother he will then forgive Joey or attempt to kill him, too. This storyline is either going to drag on & on or it will end soon. The actor playing Tripp is doing a good job. I'm still amazed that he did this stuff 6 months ago. He's already a vet in daytime. I've seen a lot of twitter picturs of him with MBE, SN & James Lastovic which shows a very happy (family) cast. I guess the next storyline for Tripp will be a love interest. Hey! Maybe, that's what Tyler Christopher is coming to DOOL for. LOL!!! Of course, we won't know for another 6 frickin' months. I HATE the Days taping schedule. It's so annoying.

• Love 3

I forgot to comment on yesterday's episode but I have say the Eric/Nicole/Brady stuff is much more watchable now.  Yes, the Daniel bombs continues but now that Nicole slowly being sneaking around and secretive again, I'm more interested where this will leads.  Plus I like that Brady is giving me signs he could get a spine back and tap into his inner Kiriakis.  Hell he might as well since grandpa Victor basically raised him.  Tap. Tap. Tap.  Do it finally!  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I mean seriously, how did he expect the characters to come back from that?

You ask that almost as if you expect Ken Corday to give a flimsy damn about things like internally consistent characterization, character growth as the foundation for storytelling, or even narrative logic. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I am curious to see how the Tripp revenge story plays out. Once he realizes that Kayla didn't kill his mother he will then forgive Joey or attempt to kill him, too. This storyline is either going to drag on & on or it will end soon. The actor playing Tripp is doing a good job. I'm still amazed that he did this stuff 6 months ago. He's already a vet in daytime. I've seen a lot of twitter picturs of him with MBE, SN & James Lastovic which shows a very happy (family) cast. I guess the next storyline for Tripp will be a love interest. Hey! Maybe, that's what Tyler Christopher is coming to DOOL for. LOL!!! Of course, we won't know for another 6 frickin' months. I HATE the Days taping schedule. It's so annoying.

Yeah, nothing about this storyline indicates to me that this is Tripp's exit. He's actually doing a decent job, which is more than I can see for most of the young teen/college-aged set that was hired in the past two, three years. You can tell he's getting redeemed. Just the fact that he's hesitating tells me this, and that he had to be worked up into doing this instead of calling it good at wrecking Kayla's career.

If anything, I can actually see this leading to Joey's exit. Dude is just not working for me and I feel like the Powers that Be actually agree with me on this, hence why they brought on Tripp in the first place. Now all Tripp needs is the love of a good woman. (I would say person but come on we all know this show isn't expanding the gay population.)

• Love 2

I enjoyed seeing Nicole lace into Victor today - and I especially enjoyed her pointing out the voice he uses when Maggie is out of earshot - but there's no way in hell Victor smuggled Xander out of jail in Greece for one night, checked him into the Martin house and then had him kill Deimos when nobody even knew Deimos was going to be at the Martin house in the first place. Come on.

I'm still thinking it was the waiter we saw. That way the show can bump off its lame villain without having to implicate any of the heroes or favorite characters in the story as murderers. I mean we are still dealing with the stigma of Hope and Joey being killers. They probably were eager to avoid a repeat situation.

I liked how level-headed Kayla was in trying to negotiate her way out of today's situation. Mary Beth really did a great job in her scenes and you can just tell that Kayla has dealt with so much shit in her life that she understands how to handle this. She didn't let on for a second that she was covering for Joey and tried to make Tripp feel like he had a way out without cowering. Great acting from the both of them.

I finally got around to watching the confrontation scenes between Chad and Abigail from last Friday and boy were they good. The entire Dario storyline was idiotic, as was that car accident (because as others have pointed out: what was that car trying to do? Drive into the side of the Martin house and then back up?) but I was really impressed with Marci and Billy's acting. They were playing it like this was the last time they were going to see each other and I was really impressed. Billy continues to bring his A-game even when this show doesn't deserve it. It's such a stark contrast from the crap we get from Joey character.

...oh, how good this show could be if all of the actors were like Jennifer Lilley and Billy Flynn and Marci Miller...

I have also heard others point out how unbalanced the cast is when it comes to the age brackets and I have to agree. We have a whole bunch of veterans on the brink of retirement at this point. John, Marlena, Abe, Roman, Maggie and Victor could all be off the canvas within the span of five years (if the show lasts that long). We have no kids, a few teens who are basically in their twenties now, JJ, Lani, Chad, Gabi, Eli, Abby who are the 30s set (and I'm already burned out on all of them because of how quickly they've been mixed together), and then a huge leap to the 40-something set, who are Lucas, Chloe, Nicole, Brady, Eric, and then the vets, who are all 50+.

They had really better write Tripp out of this mess of a storyline because they need him desperately in that younger age bracket, and others like him. If this show could even come up with three compelling young characters who are teens or 22 years old or something thereabouts, then it would stand a fighting chance of getting renewed for another few years. Apparently ratings-wise DAYS is absolutely tanking with the younger demographics. It's funny to contemplate that because soaps used to be all about the young hot guys and girls hooking up. I can remember girls in high school being obsessed with characters on soaps because they were always making out and shirtless or in bikinis or whatever. There's absolutely none of that going on all this show right now and the ratings show it.

• Love 3