Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Well, I could.  And I do.  Today's scenes between Eli and Lani definitely confirm to me that the writers have picked their lane where they're concerned and are going to put them together.  Which is fine with me, but also squicky due to their parents getting together.  I also liked Abe and Lani's father/daughter scene.  And I like that Theo's being more involved in the DiMera front since he is biologically a DiMera (one-fourth of one by way of Lexie).  I even appreciated Abe bringing Lexie up to Marlena, even though Marlena's right.  Lexie's been gone for about five years now, so it's really time for Abe to move on and stop feeling like he's betraying her by doing so.  And hell, it was good seeing that Eli's fully over himself regarding Valerie.

I appreciate the black characters being at the forefront in stories, is what I'm saying.  And with Ron's work starting this week, I hope he keeps it up.  I know he wanted to do that on OLTL before the network forced them to drop most of the black characters.

I would too if they had decent storylines. Hopefully RC can fix it.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am starting to enjoy Lani and I am loving her vibe with Eli.   We  need to learn more about them to make us care  about them, as individuals, before they become a couple.  I hope that it is a slow burn. Ron has Sherry  Anderson, by his side to guide him on how to do just that.  She  is the queen of that,  she gave me, my favorite supercouple on the show: Kim and Shane. In fact, all of the supercouples have her fingerprints all over them, it is why, they remain popular, till this day..

Oh, has her acting miraculously improved in the two weeks I've missed?  I never like to bring up the actor or actress in my discussions and try to keep it only to the characters, but I can't with Lani.  The actress is just too bad, in my opinion, for me to even see the character or care about her.

Just now, FnkyChkn34 said:

Oh, has her acting miraculously improved in the two weeks I've missed?  I never like to bring up the actor or actress in my discussions and try to keep it only to the characters, but I can't with Lani.  The actress is just too bad, in my opinion, for me to even see the character or care about her.

I liked her scenes with Abe and Eli recently.. They toned down her desperation and clinginess.. We all saw how she stalked Sean-Douglas and her creepy backstory with JJ in Miami.. She has gotten better recently..

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I liked her scenes with Abe and Eli recently.. They toned down her desperation and clinginess.. We all saw how she stalked Sean-Douglas and her creepy backstory with JJ in Miami.. She has gotten better recently..

Good, I'm glad she's improving, even if it is only slowly.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Today's scenes between Eli and Lani definitely confirm to me that the writers have picked their lane where they're concerned and are going to put them together.

Those scenes were the last hurrah from the old writing team, who knows where the new team starting tomorrow will take them.

• Love 4

Hm.  Last time JJ and Lani drank together didn't go so well ... Well, same results, anyway.  (Why is JJ shaving his chest?)

If they're going to make Anjelica's motivation all about Alexander, they should have him on the show.

Does this banker not have an office? Who was that actor playing the banker?  He looked familiar.

In this day and age of caller ID, does anybody really need to say, "Yeah, it's me."  If the person on the other end of the phone knows who "it's me" is, they don't need you to tell them.

"Love the shoes.  Especially when they're walkin' away."

"If Abigail told you to do it, then it's ok."  Yeah, because Saint Abigail can do no wrong.

Heh, heh.  "Doctor Evans".

31 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

(Why is JJ shaving his chest?)

Two reasons, I think, one mostly fact and the second one my opinion.  1, that's what guys his age do these days, especially if they are in good shape and go to the gym.  2, it looks better; furry body hair is gross.  :-)

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Two reasons, I think, one mostly fact and the second one my opinion.  1, that's what guys his age do these days, especially if they are in good shape and go to the gym.  2, it looks better; furry body hair is gross.  :-)

To each his (or her) own, I guess. Furry JJ is the best JJ for me! The actor did some underwear/swimwear modeling when he started, and THEY require no fur (actually they also often crop heads and cover tats with makeup as well!), and he was hired to play someone's kid, so I am pretty sure they went with the smooth look for that period, and then allowed the regrowth for the hookup with an older woman, perhaps to make it more "appropriate"? It makes zero sense now, unless the actor is doing side work elsewhere. Sadly we were not on the island long enough to see whether they'd permit its return naturally.

So Steve is closing in on Tripp? Good. The sooner that ends the better. I liked that they put him in a scene with JJ and Lani. Much more comfortable/age appropriate than with Jade IMO. It would be interesting to see Tripp using some detective work to find out who really killed his mother (and why she deserved it) now that Jade's off stage. A parallel of father/son detectiving would be an interesting way to get them to the same place, and the eventual family drama.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

So Steve is closing in on Tripp? Good. The sooner that ends the better. I liked that they put him in a scene with JJ and Lani. Much more comfortable/age appropriate than with Jade IMO. It would be interesting to see Tripp using some detective work to find out who really killed his mother (and why she deserved it) now that Jade's off stage. A parallel of father/son detectiving would be an interesting way to get them to the same place, and the eventual family drama.

I'd rather see Steve try to get Tripp involved in the investigation into who is framing Kayla, and Tripp use that to throw him off the trail. There should be some payoff for all of the forced and unearned "bonding" between them.  I want to see Steve get the rug pulled out from under him.

• Love 1

I want Tripp to find out tomorrow that Ava's not his mom and beg Kayla's forgiveness, all in the opening scenes...so that by next week he can just be Steve's kid from some other non-insane relationship. And then I won't feel bad for liking him.

6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Good, I'm glad she's improving, even if it is only slowly.

....she really isn't. (Sorry but it's true.)

I don't even think writing can fix her. It's recast or cast away.

• Love 2

So is Dr. Evans really Dr. Evans? She looked kinda robotic to me.

Steve, connect the dots. All this mess for your wife started when Tripp came to town. He may be your biological son, but he has been fed wrong information from a young vindictive manipulative girl (Jade) and has put two and two together to make five. Jade was clever to sting him along with half and quarter facts, but he is imagining a whole case that is based on no one's reality. No forced bonding for you two - Tripp needs to deserve and earn it.

Abigail is confronting her new loving husband? Careful, Dario. She is good at setting people on fire.

Sometimes the banks do come to you - I noticed that when renewing my mortgage.  Most was done with a few phone calls, scanned documents, and emails.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, annabel said:

Morgan Fairchild should have been going to whoever has been doing Deidre Hall's work all this time. Marlena looks 100% better than Angelica

It's so hard to look at her in scenes especially in today's episode--she's saying these funny lines to Hattie but her face is utterly expressionless and it's really starting to freak me out.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

The show was pretty good.  Hattie and Anjelica were comedic gold, I literally laughed out loud. Finally, Anjelica makes sense. She has always been obsessed with Justin and hated Adrienne for getting his heart.  She thought that Adrienne was white trash and hated that Justin preferred her.  I hope that Ron remembers that Anjelica was not evil, she did have a heart and would do the right thing, when push come to shove.  She did love Justin and did the right thing by giving Alexander back to Justin and Adrienne to raise. She also loved Neil.  She loved Jack as a son with all of her heart and was in his corner, no matter what.  She hated Kayla for not loving him. When she found out that Harper was poisoning her, she tried to stop him.  So, I hope that Ron remembers that she was complex and had layers.. 

• Love 11

I feel so bad for JV. Like Daniel Cosgrove before him, he's a decent actor with good charisma who could have fit into the tapestry of the series if not for the shitty writing. I'm glad to see Ron is probably writing him out by turning into a villain, but it still sucks to see him go down that road.

I hope Abby gets some serious therapy once this whole Dario mess is over. She can't choose a good man to save her life. Kudos to Marci for her face seemingly processing that Abby's wound up in the exact same situation she was in with Ben only a year or so prior.

Can Hattie please lend Marlena her blouse? It's the nicest looking thing Deidre has worn in months.

Oh goodie - another farewell scene between John and Marlena! *rolls eyes* if I never have to watch another one of those I'll be happy. By this point, any real couple would just do a casual wave goodbye/see you later/be safe/kiss on the cheek thing. His missions are so old hat that I don't understand why either of them bother making love declarations and getting teary-eyed every time he goes off on one.

Deidre still can't do anything convincing with the Hattie character. I hope her stay is very brief, or at the very least yields some good scenes with Roman.

A good ending to the episode. I have hope that Ron will do some things right, even if he might not be some Holy Savior.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I feel so bad for JV. Like Daniel Cosgrove before him, he's a decent actor with good charisma who could have fit into the tapestry of the series if not for the shitty writing. I'm glad to see Ron is probably writing him out by turning into a villain, but it still sucks to see him go down that road.

I hope Abby gets some serious therapy once this whole Dario mess is over. She can't choose a good man to save her life. Kudos to Marci for her face seemingly processing that Abby's wound up in the exact same situation she was in with Ben only a year or so prior.

Can Hattie please lend Marlena her blouse? It's the nicest looking thing Deidre has worn in months.

Oh goodie - another farewell scene between John and Marlena! *rolls eyes* if I never have to watch another one of those I'll be happy. By this point, any real couple would just do a casual wave goodbye/see you later/be safe/kiss on the cheek thing. His missions are so old hat that I don't understand why either of them bother making love declarations and getting teary-eyed every time he goes off on one.

Deidre still can't do anything convincing with the Hattie character. I hope her stay is very brief, or at the very least yields some good scenes with Roman.

A good ending to the episode. I have hope that Ron will do some things right, even if he might not be some Holy Savior.

The scene between John and Marlena was overwrought. After everything that they have gone through, the scene left me cold.  They are not in high school.  I guess I am mean today, you guys can throw your darts at me, I will be hiding now..lol

• Love 3

This was a very good episode for RC! 

I kept lookin at the time during every commercial break and saw the ep was pacing itself along.  Not too fast but just right.  The dialogue really had more depth.

In about 10 mins Abigail finally had  backbone than being the pathetic annoying, crybaby, overly stressed victim.  I hated that shit with KM's CW/JG/DH and when DH wrote for the current Abigail.  You can tell she has some bite and spine.  Yet she still has the vulnerability when Dario had her on the ropes about Chad.  It makes for a good balance for me since I've never been an Abby fan at all. 

Hattie being back was a huge plus for me.  I like this character a great deal and she tends to have funny quips.  I'm not big on MF playing Anjelica, however, she finally had me laughing and showed how much of a schemer she could be when she shared scenes with Dee.  

Thank you Kate for calling out John for putting his work before his relationship with Marlena.  It's about time someone said something about this!   John just kisses, cuddles and dips out on Marena at every chance.  Like enough man! 

Kate is also back being palatable.  I like how she plays the evil conscience on Chad’s shoulder. 

Other than that I was happy with it.  I'm sure there will be goodness in the episodes to come 

• Love 7

I noticed the pace of the show was different today and in a good way. I like Hattie and I'm glad she's back. DH seems to enjoy playing her too.

I liked the back and forth from Hattie and Angelica but I hate what Morgan has done to her face and it takes me away from the scene more than I would like.

• Love 6

"I figured out who hacked us."  No, Chad, you had nothing to do with the figuring out.

Abigail is only upset that Dario was stealing from Thomas, not that he was just stealing.

Ah, the patented Abigail face slap.  Don't recall having seen that since Sami.

They're sure playing this Marlena characterization for a long time.

"Bisexual disorder".  OMG, LOL.

Xander didn't try to kidnap Nicole, he did kidnap Nicole.

"Comprende vous" is a mixture of Spanish and French, Anjelica.

Does Anjelica even know that John was out of the country and just came back to town?

I'd sure like to know how Hattie pretending to be Marlena and breaking up her relationship with John is supposed to help Anjelica get Justin back.

• Love 7

Why can't Angelica just sit back and relax and see if Justin actually does come back to her? Because he actually wants to be with her? She probably would have been better off finding a Sonny clone or a Victor clone. Nice to see Hattie, though. Might be interesting for her to see the former er, love of her life, aka Andre DiMera.

In terms of Dario's supposed photo of Chad and Deimos, can Abs not even think that it was photoshopped or otherwise altered? Good for her for slapping him, but the marriage is not going to last. She cares about Thomas' inheritance? Nah, she'd also want a nice DiMera alimony cheque and child support cheque each month.

Still too easy to pin the murder on Xander, but who knows. Escape from jail and then go back and no one notices.

• Love 3

Since Morgan's face has been mentioned a few times, I don't know how Angelica thinks Justin would be interested in her. For one thing, she looks like she could be his mother. She's all out of proportion...and you'd think that casting would have done a better job if we're to believe there's even a possibility of a Justin/Angelica hook-up.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Since Morgan's face has been mentioned a few times, I don't know how Angelica thinks Justin would be interested in her. For one thing, she looks like she could be his mother. She's all out of proportion...and you'd think that casting would have done a better job if we're to believe there's even a possibility of a Justin/Angelica hook-up.

To be fair, Anjelica was always older than Justin.  It was a part of their dynamic and why she grew to hate Adrienne..

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Wally Kurth and the original Anjelica went on to play mother and son on General Hospital.  If anything I think Anjelica was cast too young.  She's supposed to be almost an entire generation older than Steve/Kayla/Jack.

Edited by lska
49 minutes ago, lska said:

Wally Kurth and the original Anjelica went on to play mother and son on General Hospital.  If anything I think Anjelica was cast too young.  She's supposed to be almost an entire generation older than Steve/Kayla/Jack.

The show should have brought back Jane Elliot as Anjelica...

• Love 7

One thing that is bothering me with Angelica now is back in the 1980's she always called Steve "Mr. Johnson" in her haughty voice. Now, she calls him Patch.  I know that's me being picky, but it's bothering me.  I just hope Morgan Fairchild can bring the vulnerability that Jane Elliot brought to her Angelica. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

One thing that is bothering me with Angelica now is back in the 1980's she always called Steve "Mr. Johnson" in her haughty voice. Now, she calls him Patch.  I know that's me being picky, but it's bothering me.  I just hope Morgan Fairchild can bring the vulnerability that Jane Elliot brought to her Angelica. 

I hope so too. One of my favorite scenes with Anjelica, was her confronting Harper about lying about his sterility and making her think that she was the sterile one, robbing her, of having a child. It is why her giving Alexander back to Justin and Adrienne showed that she truly did love him and recognized that Justin and Adrienne could give him more than she could...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm living for these low and high key feminist undertones in the writing today. 

Hope seems to be getting her brain back putting pieces together as detective.  She knows Sonny is innocent (which seems to be duh) but I like how she delivered if no one wants to help her clear him then she'll do it herself.  That's my girll!!! ?Let em know.  

Kate, giving me life!!!  LK and TP are building a good chemistry with banter material thusfar.  I loved when Andre was trying to slut shame her by calling her out for being a hoe.  Kate wasn't having it and she turned into feminist Kate!  She almost snatched the remaining roots from Andre's scalp and he was scared!  Poor Thomas had to witness this foolishness ?

I even thought the Hernandez scenes worked out well today.  You can see once Dario had his scenes with Rafe at the end he's legit worried what his actions will possibly do to his family.  

Other than that, another positive episode.  No I'm not saying Days is great yet but RC has impressed me not dummying down the dialogue and going big making the women stronger and having more of a voice and backbone again. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

No Days for me today because OJ was pardoned and NBC just had to schedule it live. As if we care that the murderer is now going to be free to play golf and whatever bullshit will be going on in his life.

Just when I want to watch Days to see what Ron has for us.

• Love 5

Who in their right mind would leave Thomas alone with Andre?

Hmmm.  Stefano foreshadowings?

JJ and Lani can roll around under the sheets but Paul and Sonny can't even give each other chaste kisses.

"Woman?" "Well, you've been called worse."

Damn, Myron, way to roll over on your boss.  But the cops don't even know about the counterfeiting yet.  I wonder who Deimos's silent partner is.  Xander?  Xander killed Deimos, took the picture, sent it to Dario and then they split the profits on the amulet?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, rcc said:

No Days for me today because OJ was pardoned and NBC just had to schedule it live. As if we care that the murderer is now going to be free to play golf and whatever bullshit will be going on in his life.

Just when I want to watch Days to see what Ron has for us.

Same here...OJ "Drama", just like the 90s again :)

• Love 2

No pre-emption here in Canada!

Dario's phone pic of Chad could easily have been photoshopped. No real proof that it means that Chad killed Deimos. Deimos may have been dead for an hour before that picture was taken. And who exactly took the photo?

At least Gabi wore something a bit more appropriate today.

Good for Hope getting a visit from the Salem Brain to think that Sonny is not the killer.

Eli, stop being a control freak. Yeah, your partner is a little late. Let it happen once.

Myron, it's time to pack up the stuff and head outta Dodge.

Did enjoy the Andre and Kate babyfood fight.

• Love 4

Brady is such a whiny little bitch-boy.

Why does Tripp suddenly just decide that he doesn't have sympathy for Kayla anymore -- because she had a few choice words about Jade? Why didn't they just call the character "Flipp"? I mean, come on!

And is it still the 50s on the street where Nurse Shelley lives? Because her hatred of Doctor Johnson stems from the fact that she used to be a nurse but got uppity?

I can't even bear the Dario-Abigail story. I'm fast-forwarding almost 2/3 of the show right now. So, forgive a stupid question: is the person Anjelica meeting Marlena or Hattie? Am I supposed to care either way? Is Hattie the one hypnotizing everyone? Is that why those scenes are so badly acted? Ucch.

• Love 2

I sort of enjoyed yesterday, but today made me realize that I pretty much don't like most of the characters.  FF through Kate w/anyone. Dario w/anyone, Chad w/anyone, Abby w/anyone, JJ&Lani together, any Hernandii crap, today the only scenes I watched were at the police station. why am I still watching this show???

• Love 2

I watched the full show on Wednesday. It was ok, and I enjoyed some of the humourous dialogue.  This was the first time seeing Morgan Fairchild as Angelica, and like y'all have already mentioned, she definitely went overboard with the filler and botox.  Even her hairstyle seems too much.  

Yesterday was sunny and hot, so I spent the afternoon outside and missed the show. It's going to take a while to get back into the habit of watching.

• Love 3
(edited)

I refuse to watch Andre or Dario. I still like Chad, but he's being stupid about Abigail. Anjelica's an annoying hair-pile. Former Father Uncle Eric and his eternally renewed angst are boring. Nicole, Brady and Eric are making a mountain out of a spaced-out-kissy-molehill. Act like adults, you self-indulgent fools! Don't care about any of the police work -- haha, I mean "police work" (like concluding that Xander must be the murderer because Busty Broads Magazine has a circulation of ... two?). I still sort of like Adrienne and Justin, but clearly Lucas is going to get the heave, in the end. Are the references to Alexander and what his relationship with his mother is like a prelude to re-introducing the character to the show? Jennifer seems almost tolerable with Adrienne, but even she's sort of whiny right now, too. I'm watching Steve and Kayla and their various children and "stepchildren" (Kayla, sweetheart: just, no.), but I'm flabbergasted that the whole family seems to be mostly okay with the idea that Joey's a murderer.

Spoiler

My speculation at this point is that Tripp kills Joey in a rage, since James Lastovic is apparently leaving the show.

Still don't have a lot of sympathy for Jade and her love of blackmail for fun and profit.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'm watching Steve and Kayla and their various children and "stepchildren" (Kayla, sweetheart: just, no.), but I'm flabbergasted that the whole family seems to be mostly okay with the idea that Joey's a murderer.

Of all the bad choices the previous writers made, and there were many, that was one of the worst. There had to be ways to further the storyline without making him a murderer.  At the very least they could have had it happen as an accident, the way Laura killed her boyfriend a million years ago on General Hospital.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Of all the bad choices the previous writers made, and there were many, that was one of the worst. There had to be ways to further the storyline without making him a murderer.  At the very least they could have had it happen as an accident, the way Laura killed her boyfriend a million years ago on General Hospital.

True, but, if you think about it objectively, Joey is a Johnson and that family's dysfunction has always been what made them so fascinating. Jack and Steve did horrible things, before they were redeemed.  Even Adrienne did some shady things to keep Justin from Anjelica..

• Love 4
(edited)

But redemption never came from insulating the perpetrator from consequences, and going on as if the crime never happened. Steve and Kayla, much as I still have affection for them, are just papering over the lethal dysfunction in their family. Kayla doesn't deserve to be gaslighted about whether she might have made medical errors, but maybe the writers are making an argument for karma -- or Nemesis. (Though I doubt that so much thought ever went into this storyline.) It's not the Johnsons' history of dysfunction that worries me, it's the present lack of self-awareness. (Also: Hi, Adrienne! ::waves::) And maybe basic common sense.

Edited by Sandman
Misapplied apostrophe! Tsk. Bad Sandman!
  • Love 4
(edited)

I kind of massively hate that Abby is being excused yet again for her bad choices.  She chose to marry Dario for many reasons--yes, she wanted to help out a man she considered a friend but she also didn't want to be alone and needed a man to rely on.  Instead it's "Dario manipulated her and he's a horrible person"--yes, Dario is an awful schemer, but dear sweet Abs is also needy and high maintenance or are we supposed to be forgetting that?

I did like Dario's throwing both Abby and Gabi back in his face because Chad does care about them both and he doesn't want to see either of them hurt by Dario's con game.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh, Jack was definitely insulated from the consequences of his crime by his wealth and his family coddling him.  The difference was that there was a coherent character story for him in it.  Joey was crippled with guilt from the start so there's been nowhere to go with it, where it took Jack a long time to process what he did and how it hurt people.  Joey wasn't motivated by family dysfunction so much as he was motivated by being manipulated by a psychopath and to protect his mother from Ava's vendetta.  He's been wanting to face the consequences that other people are shielding him from.  He sees how it hurts Tripp and is empathetic to him, where Tripp doesn't seem able to have real empathy about how his mother hurt the Johnsons, and how being targeted again and again might make someone act.  The problem with Joey is that he just doesn't do anything about his guilt, and that makes his motivations seem weak and feckless.

I did wish that, since Ava's death didn't play out as self-defense in the moment, they would have played up Joey's destructive impulsiveness, and maybe the danger to the women in his life.  There were times when I thought someone should have been watching out for Kayla and Jade around him.  But the writing never really played into that angle.

Kayla being punished by her husband's love child with the woman who killed her father, ruined her reunion with Steve, and assaulted and kidnapped her -- and who she has totally embraced anyway -- doesn't really seem like a karma story to me, so much as a Job one.

Edited by lska
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

But redemption never came from insulating the perpetrator from consequences, and going on as if the crime never happened. Steve and Kayla, much as I still have affection for them, are just papering over the lethal dysfunction in their family. Kayla doesn't deserve to be gaslighted about whether she might have made medical errors, but maybe the writers are making an argument for karma -- or Nemesis. (Though I doubt that so much thought ever went into this storyline.) It's not the Johnson's history of dysfunction that worries me, it's the present lack of self-awareness. (Also: Hi, Adrienne! ::waves::) And maybe basic common sense.

It's actually in character for Kayla to have covered up for Joey, compensating for him not having a dad.  Steve abandoning Joey still pisses me of, due to his own history of abandonment by his mother.   Kayla has always put others first to her own detriment.  It is a consequence of being overlooked by her parents for her other siblings. Her father always favored Kim over her, she was always the peacemaker in the family.   It is part of what drew her to Steve in the first place, someone finally noticed her, for who she was and wanted to know what she wanted out of life. Joey killing Ava should have been drawn out, built on over a few months and mitigated by Ava's psychopathy, obsession  of Steve and hatred of Kayla.  Ava was an existential threat the Brady and Johnson Family.  Her reign of terror spoke for itself.   Ava's death was obviously Josh Griffith way of getting rid of Dena's pet, when she was on leave, after her notorious meltdown on the set.. Joey as a character got shafted due to the writers' war with each other..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I kind of massively hate that Abby is being excused yet again for her bad choices.  She chose to marry Dario for many reasons--yes, she wanted to help out a man she considered a friend but she also didn't want to be alone and needed a man to rely on.  Instead it's "Dario manipulated her and he's a horrible person"--yes, Dario is an awful schemer, but dear sweet Abs is also needy and high maintenance or are we supposed to be forgetting that?

I did like Dario's throwing both Abby and Gabi back in his face because Chad does care about them both and he doesn't want to see either of them hurt by Dario's con game.

From watching this story off and on over the weeks, I never really got the impression that Abby didn't want to be alone and NEEDS a man to rely on.  She found her own place to live, got a new job, etc.  She even said that she wanted to be independent for awhile, until Dario came along needing her help.  I think her motives were much more about helping a friend than needing a man.

• Love 4

I'd sure like to know how Hattie pretending to be Marlena and breaking up her relationship with John is supposed to help Anjelica get Justin back.

Me too. Hattie just got out of prison recently. Why jeopardize her freedom by schemjng with someone she never knew before?

"Bisexual disorder".  OMG, LOL.

Who said that? Context?

Ah, the patented Abigail face slap.  Don't recall having seen that since Sami.

She never slapped Ben? 

Rafe doesn't really seem to care about Dario does he? I know all of his responses are very blase but I thought he would be a bit more torn up about his brother being a crook...

I realize this is a detail that probably nobody cares about, but when Joey was first introduced he hacked into his high school's electronic grid and had the power shut off at the library. He did all this from a laptop while sitting in Horton square and then got caught by Kayla and chastised. That is the only time I have seen anyone on this show demonstrate any computer hacking abilities...but all of a sudden Theo is this super hacker? I know it facilitates the story they're telling and I don't mind Theo having these abilities but it strikes me as sloppy.

I guess Ron recognizes the Dario story as the worst on the show right now and that's why he's wrapping it up at lightspeed. I have to admit though I'm not too impressed with the way everything just came out in the open all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong I'm glad it wasn't milked for weeks on end, but it feels like everyone had a couple of boring conversations this week and all of Dario's secrets were revealed and then he was arrested. Kind of dull don't you think? I may have hated Ben from start to finish but at least he set Abigail and Chad on fire and then got set on fire himself. That was a bit dramatic and fun.

All of Hattie's blouses are great.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I realize this is a detail that probably nobody cares about, but when Joey was first introduced he hacked into his high school's electronic grid and had the power shut off at the library. He did all this from a laptop while sitting in Horton square and then got caught by Kayla and chastised. That is the only time I have seen anyone on this show demonstrate any computer hacking abilities...but all of a sudden Theo is this super hacker? I know it facilitates the story they're telling and I don't mind Theo having these abilities but it strikes me as sloppy.

I liked that both Joey and JJ showed some of their troublemaking Johnson genes that was reminiscent of their dads. I was hoping that the show would have had a story with the Johnson cousins pulling Steve in that would lead to Jack coming back.  Will was once a computer genius as well back when he was mophead and close to his cousin Nick..

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I guess Ron recognizes the Dario story as the worst on the show right now and that's why he's wrapping it up at lightspeed. I have to admit though I'm not too impressed with the way everything just came out in the open all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong I'm glad it wasn't milked for weeks on end, but it feels like everyone had a couple of boring conversations this week and all of Dario's secrets were revealed and then he was arrested. Kind of dull don't you think? I may have hated Ben from start to finish but at least he set Abigail and Chad on fire and then got set on fire himself. That was a bit dramatic and fun.

I'm wondering if it's also going to come out that he helped Summer cover up her accidently killing someone because that kind of got washed over.

51 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

From watching this story off and on over the weeks, I never really got the impression that Abby didn't want to be alone and NEEDS a man to rely on.  She found her own place to live, got a new job, etc.  She even said that she wanted to be independent for awhile, until Dario came along needing her help.  I think her motives were much more about helping a friend than needing a man.

Yes, and just how long did Abs' independence last?  About a month?  She talks a good game about making it on her own, but how quickly did she turn around and marry Dario?  And why exactly did she trust Dario so completely that she didn't check out any of his story even though it was obviously shady?  To me it's because she didn't want to go it alone especially once she knew Chad was in Greece with Gabi--she needed Dario because she didn't want to be single if Chad was in a new relationship.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Yes, and just how long did Abs' independence last?  About a month?  She talks a good game about making it on her own, but how quickly did she turn around and marry Dario?  And why exactly did she trust Dario so completely that she didn't check out any of his story even though it was obviously shady?  To me it's because she didn't want to go it alone especially once she knew Chad was in Greece with Gabi--she needed Dario because she didn't want to be single if Chad was in a new relationship.

Some relationship!  They have no sexual relations - Dario sleeps on the floor, and she won't even kiss him.  She refuses to take his money (now knowing that it's counterfeit, sure, but even before) and really wants absolutely nothing to do with him except to fake it in front of the immigration officer.  So... yeah.  I don't see that as her being dependent on a man at all, or jumping into a "relationship" just because Chad did.  Sorry, I know the Abby hate is strong in this forum, and I'm no super huge fan myself, but I don't see her as how you are characterizing her at all.  Respectfully agree to disagree.

• Love 3

I'm wondering if it's also going to come out that he helped Summer cover up her accidently killing someone because that kind of got washed over.

I would be stunned if Summer is ever mentioned again. Even Dena let her go.

Some storylines are best ignored. Sad to say but there you have it.

• Love 4