Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Drake has decent non-Marlena related storylines when hes given a chance to act and not be escalated (ie NuJohn). I never cared for him much as an actor on the same level as Dee though. Most of his "acting" is stiff a fart at best.

I still think that Drake was best as Roman. He had fantastic chemistry with the Brady family, especially with Patsy Pease and Mary Beth Evans...I loved his romances with Diana, Isabella and Marlena..I loved his relationship with Carrie....The best father/daughter team in daytime...It is a shame that Carrie did not become the lead heroine of her generation...

• Love 7

I'm kind of weirdly okay with this because I recall Starr sitting on sex beds with her parents on OLTL when she was much younger than Joey. Hell, I recall after the night they conceived Jack, Blair was in her robe and Todd was still getting dressed (granted, it was shoes and socks at that point) when she was sitting with them and trying on her mother's engagement ring.

On soaps, rooms and beds don't smell of the sex that was obviously had there.

LMFAOOO yall got me laughing...

How could Joey not know the smell of sex when he walked in

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I realized today that there is something about TB that reminds me of Michelle Trachtenberg, who I also cannot stand. It was when she was smiling so self-satisfiedly into the mirror (and this was in FF, I do not intend to watch any of her scenes.) They both always project this air of thinking they are all that, and really, they are not.

Oh annabel, yes, I agree. I'll never forget when Trachtenberg showed up on Buffy out of the blue. I resented the hell out of her very existence. Are you with me, buffynut

• Love 1

I realized today that there is something about TB that reminds me of Michelle Trachtenberg, who I also cannot stand. It was when she was smiling so self-satisfiedly into the mirror (and this was in FF, I do not intend to watch any of her scenes.) They both always project this air of thinking they are all that, and really, they are not.

I never had a problem with Dawn-- the ultimate unpopular opinion-- but yes, this is exactly what rubs me wrong about TB. As noted up thread, I have never liked her in anything. I just hope her stint is a short one because I too can only tolerate her in ff mode. I will stop when those in the scenes with her speak, but just no with her.

• Love 2

I never had a problem with Dawn-- the ultimate unpopular opinion-- but yes, this is exactly what rubs me wrong about TB. As noted up thread, I have never liked her in anything. I just hope her stint is a short one because I too can only tolerate her in ff mode. I will stop when those in the scenes with her speak, but just no with her.

You are not alone on either topic. I stopped watching GH when she was cast in the Carly role. I know Braun is considered a good soap actress, but I couldn't take her when she was cast, on Days, as Nicole's sister, Taylor, either. Actually, that was a recast. I hope I like her in this role. I wasn't watching the first time she played Ava on Days.

I'm really liking Chad and Abby. I'm really only tuning in for them, and for Steve and Kayla.

I hope we've seen the last of Ben, who, to me, was the least interesting member of Jordan's family, and that's saying something.

I don't like the Hope storyline. Everything has felt too rushed. I can't decide if I like new Phillip or not. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 1

Oh annabel, yes, I agree. I'll never forget when Trachtenberg showed up on Buffy out of the blue. I resented the hell out of her very existence. Are you with me, buffynut

I actually didn't mind Dawn.  But don't ask me my opinion of all the Potentials in the final season. (hint: I hated them)

As for Ava (is that her name?) she's a new character to me, and since they haven't explained her to us new/returnee viewers, I find I'm more indifferent to her than curious.

Edit to add:  I missed yesterday's episode.  Am I correct that in this several week long Salem day, Ciara has now been kidnapped?!!!

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1

I actually didn't mind Dawn. But don't ask me my opinion of all the Potentials in the final season. (hint: I hated them)

As for Ava (is that her name?) she's a new character to me, and since they haven't explained her to us new/returnee viewers, I find I'm more indifferent to her than curious.

Edit to add: I missed yesterday's episode. Am I correct that in this several week long Salem day, Ciara has now been kidnapped?!!!

Yes, the never-ending day now has Ciara kidnapped on the same day her father was buried. But given that Caroline has the pub open for business as usual, Kayla is back to work and getting together with Steve, Hope is on a rampage and nobody seems all that bothered, I guess Bo's demise is no reason for the milliseconds to stop ticking.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 3

I actually didn't mind Dawn.  But don't ask me my opinion of all the Potentials in the final season. (hint: I hated them)

Edit to add:  I missed yesterday's episode.  Am I correct that in this several week long Salem day, Ciara has now been kidnapped?!!!

Yes, especially Kennedy.

Yes, it appears that Ciara has been grabbed. She appeared on a TV in the warehouse where Hope was supposed to exchange money for Malcolm's info, all tied up to a chair. Poor Ciara. But I guess it might take something like this for Hope to snap out of it? 

• Love 3

I just realized that we're not going to get to see Sami's reaction to finding out that Ben is the one who killed her son. The next time we see Lucas and Kate they probably won't even mention it and if they do it will only be in passing. We're also not going to see Sonny's reaction to finding out that his friend (I guess?) murdered his husband. Just fail all around. 

• Love 11

I just realized that Corday thinks stirring up shit makes ratings.  And he loves KM because she doesn't have a clue that her role is to destroy the show.  It's kind of funny in a meta way because he's stroking her for two years now and she believes it.

The Weston family was a huge shit stick dagger to this show. Don't forget about killing EJ, the dragging down of Kate to where it looks appropriate she's after Ed now.

Do the writers even talk to each other?  We liked happy Hope and we like Steve and Kayla and now there's TB? 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 7

I just realized that Corday thinks stirring up shit makes ratings.  And he loves KM because she doesn't have a clue that her role is to destroy the show.  It's kind of funny in a meta way because he's stroking her for two years now and she believes it.

I like Kate Mansi. I think Abigail needs (and is currently getting) some character rehab, but I don't see anything wrong with Mansi. I notice more dislike of the actress online than I do when talking to friends and famly (who are generally rooting for Abby).

• Love 3

Since the writers wanted to make the show dark and violent they should have had the balls to go all the way with it. Ben should have killed Abifail. That's what would've happened in real life. 

I think Abby should have killed Ben.

• Love 4

I just realized that we're not going to get to see Sami's reaction to finding out that Ben is the one who killed her son. The next time we see Lucas and Kate they probably won't even mention it and if they do it will only be in passing. We're also not going to see Sonny's reaction to finding out that his friend (I guess?) murdered his husband. Just fail all around. 

Everyone only cared when it was Chad. Everyone's reaction is going to be like Stefano's, "whatever,  I only care about Sami and the money."

And he loves KM because she doesn't have a clue that her role is to destroy the show.

She hasn't destroyed the show at all, the Chad/Ben/Abby story has been great positive buzz for the show and even the SOD Best Triangle of the year. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Just me but I do not consider it a triangle because it was obvious from the get go that Chad would win while Ben never had a chance.  It was Chad Abigail vs Ben story.  jmo.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 9

I like Kate Mansi. I think Abigail needs (and is currently getting) some character rehab, but I don't see anything wrong with Mansi. I notice more dislike of the actress online than I do when talking to friends and famly (who are generally rooting for Abby).

I could say something snarky about the Dimera plaything, but I will be good tonight...lol...

• Love 3

Just me but I do not consider it a triangle because it was obvious from the get go that Chad would win while Ben never had a chance.  It was Chad Abigail vs Ben story.  jmo.

A lot of triangles are like that, but it's still a 3 people, 2 wanting the 1 in the middle triangle. Albeit one that you can predict the end result of the plot. Lucas or Sami/Austin/Carrie, Shawn/Belle/Phillip. No matter what it was an obvious no win for Sami/Lucas/Phillip in those triangles. 

Chad and Ben both lost. Ben is going to a physical prison or mental institution and Chad will be stuck in a figurative prison once it comes out that he's that kid's father and will tied to Abifail forever. 

• Love 9

That was a weird amount of time that had Steve talking to a silent Kayla. Seemed incredibly awkward. It was fine after she actually started to respond.

I'm probably stretching here, and I don't think it was intended at all, but everything about silent Kayla reminded me of their wedding day. I was waiting for Kimberly to pop up and start signing. 

• Love 8

I'm probably stretching here, and I don't think it was intended at all, but everything about silent Kayla reminded me of their wedding day. I was waiting for Kimberly to pop up and start signing. 

I loved the deaf storyline..It was so good and it sealed my love for Steve and Kayla....That type of writing was so layered and so moving...I wish those writers who wrote for them were still around....

• Love 5

Chad and Ben both lost. Ben is going to a physical prison or mental institution and Chad will be stuck in a figurative prison once it comes out that he's that kid's father and will tied to Abifail forever. 

I love this!  Ben deserves to be in prison but I wonder if he's going to be sent to a hospital for the criminally insane and has it been retconned that he was a mad serial killer when he was in FL/on the run without Jordan?  I watch the ID channel and there are always episodes where the psychologists talk about a person who would never have been a killer but that they met the one other person who brought that potential out in them.  Make you think about this relationship with Abs doesn't it?  If they had never gotten together, if he'd never have come to Salem, would he still have become a murderer?

And as awesome an actor as BF's Chad, can he carry the entire Chabby relationship and make it work?  Because he doesn't seem to be getting a lot of help from KM :)

• Love 7

This is a show legendary for super couples and even their lesser couplings often had big fan bases.

So for a front burner couple like Chabby with this much airtime to one person trying to carry the other it isn't flying.

This is a show legendary for super couples and even their lesser couplings often had big fan bases.

So for a front burner couple like Chabby with this much airtime to one person trying to carry the other it isn't flying.

• Love 5

Today's show: OMG, I know she's his grandchild but still...Vic "babysitting" teenaged Ciara. LOL. 

Why are they defanging Victor? Are they playing it out like he and Stefano are going to backburner and let the next gen step up?

Dimera: Andre/Chad/whoever

Kiriakis: Phillip/Brady

I'm gonna have to start FF Chad if most of his screen time is going to be with that girl. They've isolated his character so much. He has no friends, no other love interests, his relationship with Kate is gone, no job, no long term enemies. Has he even had a single scene with teen Theo? So basically it's either watch him degrade himself over that stupid girl or watch him be manipulated and harassed by Stefano and Andre. 

• Love 7

I'm finally caught up with Days and the board.  One more fair and I'm done for the season.  Anyway ...

Steve and Kayla are better than a hot caramel sundae.  I love them so much.  A mature, respectful, fun and sexy relationship was desperately needed after Hope and Aiden were so needlessly imploded.

I'm also loving Theresa and Anne's friendship.  They come across as a true friends, where they support each other but also call each other on their bullshit.  I'm looking forward to watching Kate, Nicole, Theresa and Anne interact.  Don't fuck this up, writers!

And where is Kate, btw?  Another son comes back and she's nowhere to be found?  I'm very curious how LK and JPL are going to be together.  The second chance I was willing to give him may evaporate pretty quickly if he goes full on tic-fest.  I'm not down with that terrible hair of his, and those lines on the side of his mouth are aging him more than his 35 years.  Either way, he's still not as bizarre looking as Kate Mansi! 

At least someone finally squeezed a stream of saline into KM's eyes on Friday, but it was too little, too late.  Her performance was as flat and unbelievable as ever.  I don't for one second buy her as someone who was been through what Abigail has been through.  Poor Billy Flynn, to be stuck with this anchor.

I'm on the fence about Tamara Braun.  I've only ever seen her as the second Banshee on GH, a character I loathe, so my disgust with Carly may be rubbing off on the actress.  We'll see.  She does indeed have creepy, soulless eyes and her hair is almost as bad as JPL's mop.

This vision stuff is stupid, right out of Ron Carliavati's very limited playbook.  I wish that part of the story would stop right now and never be mentioned again.

I'm a girl but even I couldn't take my eyes off Theresa's vanilla scoops in that keyhole blouse.

Haha!  I like men but Alison Sweeney has the same effect on me.  Her body is amazing.

• Love 6

Philip seems sleazier than he was the last time he was in Salem and Belle is way more grating. I noticed that my tolerance for Shawn and Belle's bullshit dropped dramatically once Rex and then Mimi left and knowing that Belle cheated once again along with her constantly badmouthing off screen Sami is making me wish for her to be kidnapped and held captive off screen indefinitely. If the writers insisted on doing this story with Sami they should have involved Kate or Lucas or even Brady instead of stank Belle. It's not even believable that Sami would trust Belle to help her with a scheme. 

• Love 7

I think that it's hilarious that Days has a drug that has a 'visions of the future' side-effect. I mean... come on, only on Days. (Well, it might have shown up on some defunct soaps of the past... Dark Shadows... Passions...) Now I want the Days version of the science community (you know they'd all be mad scientists of varying types) to either confirm or debunk the 'findings' -- MADCAP!

Also, I accidentally caught up on Thursday and Friday backwards. So I was really confused as to how Steve and Kayla were in bathrobes... that'll learn me. They continue to be magical. It's so rare that a pairing can keep it up like that over the years (Todd and Blair could too... damn, I miss them) but they are pretty damn wonderful.

• Love 3

So Lucas continues to be under-utilized.

I am still angry that this show destroyed the couple that had the potential for Alice/Tom longevity with Lumi all so they could reunite Sami with rapist EJ. Speaking of, he needs to stay really, most sincerely dead. 

• Love 8

I'm gonna have to start FF Chad if most of his screen time is going to be with that girl. They've isolated his character so much. He has no friends, no other love interests, his relationship with Kate is gone, no job, no long term enemies. Has he even had a single scene with teen Theo? So basically it's either watch him degrade himself over that stupid girl or watch him be manipulated and harassed by Stefano and Andre.

Yea it's really stupid. He should be a Leo DuPres (AMC) type in his interactions and orbits. You know the morally grey sarcastic playboy raised by criminal family who had various romances, platonic friends, some schemes going, a bit quirky.

• Love 6

I really don't like how some of the men on this show denigrate the make-up and fashion businesses as less important or less business-like because they are geared toward women.  It's almost as bad as that moron Abigail mocking Anne for adopting homeless cats.  Fuck off, cavemen.

KA was wonderful today.  Hope's wailing with grief and guilt, and then relief when she hugged Ciara.  Just perfect.  I also liked Hope with Victor, even though he's been a real jackass lately.

JPL wasn't completely horrible, though the fast talking needs to go.  Hopefully LK and JA will be able to break him of his obnoxious habits.

I'm disappointed that the green pillow that used to be on Hope's couch appears to have not made it.  Must have had too much of Aiden's blood and gore on it, I guess.  At least Theresa and Brady's new place looks nice.

Gabi, Nicole, and Lucas haven't been on screen in a long time.  Surely they will pull them out of backburnerville now that the Trollop/Trollop Jr./Killer Mannequin story has wrapped up?

Yea it's really stupid. He should be a Leo DuPres (AMC) type in his interactions and orbits. You know the morally grey sarcastic playboy raised by criminal family who had various romances, platonic friends, some schemes going, a bit quirky.

Yes, this.

• Love 3

I disagree that Flynn is carrying Mansi. I do think working with him elevates her performance (and the writing). He's the first good male actor she's played opposite since James Scott. Both Bens and Camerons did nothing for the show (and the writing for them was terrible, too). 

I love Hope, but this storyline is working my last nerve. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 5

Gabi, Nicole, and Lucas haven't been on screen in a long time.  Surely they will pull them out of backburnerville now that the Trollop/Trollop Jr./Killer Mannequin story has wrapped up?

After reading spoilers, I'm expecting Trollop Abifail to still be heavily featured. 

• Love 2

I love Hope, but this storyline is working my last nerve. 

Mine too.  In fact, I've missed the last 2 episodes and don't have the urge to watch them online.

That said, anything happen worth knowing about?

Well, that wasn't Andre talking to Hope through the intercom.

The music playing in the background of the Philip and Kate scene was annoying as hell.

Gee, they mentioned Will!

"Would I rather cross Stefano DiMera or Sami Brady?"  LOL, good question.

• Love 2

I disagree that Flynn is carrying Mansi. I do think working with him elevates her performance (and the writing). He's the first good male actor she's played opposite since James Scott. Both Bens and Camerons did nothing for the show (and the writing for them was terrible, too). 

I have to agree with this. KM delivered some powerful scenes in Friday's episode. The Chad/Abby scenes were beautifully written.

• Love 3

Well, that wasn't Andre talking to Hope through the intercom.

You might be right. What if it Eduardo? I found it hilarious when Ciara and Hope were hugging the guy got away with the money. Like wth.. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

This sounds like Jack Deveraux to me. In which case, bring it on : )

I'm getting a little weary of Hope (too soon?). But I'm glad poor Ciara's kidnapping didn't last as long as the first one, lol.

Belle and Philip -- meh. I don't mind them, yet, I guess. This is my first encounter with JPL, so I may just be slower on the uptake than you vets.

Murder Park's murder rate just went up again! Kudos (or kadooz as we say in the RHNY thread) to the one of you who coined that phrase and forgive my lack of recall on that one. I can't figure out why Hope felt as though she needed to kill Malcolm -- they're sure giving us that to chew on but this show's tricky. Maybe she was following the doc and witnessed it? My money's still on Dimera in the end.  

I have to agree with this. KM delivered some powerful scenes in Friday's episode. The Chad/Abby scenes were beautifully written.

Agree with you both!

No way Hope killed Malcolm (even though she would have every damn right too if he had any involvement with Ciara being kidnapped).

But if one looks at the gun that killed Malcolm and the gun Hope put in lockup they were two different colors. Me thinks, Hope is a red herring. Hope got no answers into why someone held Bo captive. Why kill Malcolm if youre Hope and that was why you went after him?

And let's not forget Hope has 500 guns in her house.

Why do I get this feeling Chase took one gun and maybe killed Malcolm for kidnapping Ciara. Ciara did say that Chase spends a lot of time at the park and Chase has been in a dark place since Aiden died.

• Love 1

I will say this, today's episode felt Dena Higley-like. The pacing was weird and the questionable dialogue. I can tell when Josh is writing because he hits me with a lot pop and snappy dialogue.

Tomorrow will probably be another Dena episode as we have Chabifail, Phelle, and JJ/Gabi being featured tomorrow.

No real thoughts on today's episode other than JPL isn't selling me on his Phillip and I am dreading seeing him paired with MM as Belle.

Considering the debacles Days made of their last whodunnit, I assume the Hope shot the Docotr story is yet another Rafe and Hope prop. I mean in Days time, Aiden has been dead a week almost and Bo was buried earlier in the day, so clearly Hope needs to find another man ASAP, otherwise, what will be her reason for living.

• Love 5