Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

For fucks sake, shut the fuck up, Belle. Can she be any more of a selfish donkey. And shut the fuck up again for trying to blame Shawn for you opening up your legs to another man. What was her excuse the last time she humped Philip? I'm already ready for her to go back to wherever she came from. 

Once again the writers give KM good material to play and once again she fails to deliver. Even RW is out acting her. And can someone PLEASE give her some eye drops.

• Love 7

Wow, Sami's son is murdered, and Marlena for half of a second remembered that Sami existed, and Belle is upset about it?  This is why I still prefer Sami, Kate, and Nicole to Marlena, Belle, and Carrie.

My Christmas wish this year is for it to be revealed Sami and Kate are still working together.  Sami never forgave SleazeJ, was secretly celebrating when he died, Sami and Kate are sharing the money Sami swiped from the Dimeras, Kate reveals the truth to Stefano, and he drops dead of a heart attack.  Kate then tells Lucas everything, Sami and Lucas reunite, Will is alive (he was replaced by a clone two years ago, and the clone is dead), Lucas, Will, Kate, Ari, and Sonny go to California to be with Sami.

For some reason, Nicole and Theresa move to California to.  Bring back LB as Ciara, and she can join them.  New show Lucas and Sonny try to keep everyone else out of trouble.

If the writers really wanted to do Ben's SL justice, Ben would kill slappy, Chad would kill Ben, Jordan would get custody of the baby (who is Ben's), and Jenn would never see the baby again.

Yet another chorus of it's not my fault I cheated.  {face palm}

Bo is dead, Will is dead, but everyone should feel sorry for the serial cheaters?  Whatever.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9

So not storyline related but I love Kristian's hair. The color and how it's flat ironed is amazing.

Ok Im not watching (family has decided to make a visit today) I'll add my two cents later tonight when I dont get distracted.

• Love 1

For fucks sake, shut the fuck up, Belle. Can she be any more of a selfish donkey. And shut the fuck up again for trying to blame Shawn for you opening up your legs to another man. What was her excuse the last time she humped Philip? I'm already ready for her to go back to wherever she came from. 

They changed her husband from the adorable Jason Cook to the stiff Brandon Beemer ;-)  I give Belle a pass for choosing Jay Kenneth Johnson over BB any day. MM and JKJ have some serious chemistry.  I have no clue though what the point of the extramarital affair this time is about. Why do they keep casting BB if he has no chemistry with MM and they are just going to write them apart anyways? Must be another one of Corday's anti-romance/destroy the supercouple messages.

I do think there was a missed opportunity today for Caroline when she was talking with Shawn D to explain/discuss her affair with Victor when she was married to Grandpa Shawn. It would certainly be a relevant refresher given the way that Victor can't  jump the Kiriakis mansion gate fast enough when Caroline is in need. Maybe it will come later in a scene with Belle.

• Love 2

1. I know her and Sami have a history but I don't remember this kind of "you like her better" animosity from Belle. If anything I always thought it was the other way around. 

2. the actor playing Chad does a good job with the role, he doesn't exactly have the looks to be leading man material. 

3. My Christmas wish this year is for it to be revealed Sami and Kate are still working together.  Sami never forgave SleazeJ, was secretly celebrating when he died, Sami and Kate are sharing the money Sami swiped from the Dimeras, Kate reveals the truth to Stefano, and he drops dead of a heart attack.  Kate then tells Lucas everything, Sami and Lucas reunite, Will is alive (he was replaced by a clone two years ago, and the clone is dead), Lucas, Will, Kate, Ari, and Sonny go to California to be with Sami.

For some reason, Nicole and Theresa move to California to.  Bring back LB as Ciara, and she can join them.  New show Lucas and Sonny try to keep everyone else out of trouble.

If the writers really wanted to do Ben's SL justice, Ben would kill slappy, Chad would kill Ben, Jordan would get custody of the baby (who is Ben's), and Jenn would never see the baby again.

1. It was the other way around. Sami was SUPER jealous of Belle.

2. Ooh, dem be fightin' words!!! I think Billy Flynn is HOT HOT HOT!!!

3. All of that. Maybe if I ask Santa for that, too then we'll get it?

• Love 4

Yes, Ben, you certainly have the moral high ground, in this situation. Murder vs infidelity, not really a contest, but that's why you make a good little psycho.

I've actually started thinking about how they could let his character stay around somehow. It's really only his word against Abby and Chad....if they don't find the midwife/nurse.

He needs his comeuppance eventually, but I like him as a legitimate, evil soap bad guy.

• Love 8

I wondered when Belle was a teenager she was acting more grown up than the adults.  Now that she is one of the grown up she is acting like a teenager.

Bet those cheaters of a feather, Belle and Abifail will friends that is until Abifail cheats with Belle's man.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3

So Ben is a good guy because he prayed over the grave of the woman he murdered?

What did Marlena say when talking about Sami, "They need to disappear?"  Did she take the kids with her?

Why does Justin have any control on spending police department resources?

"You really think you can fake being made at me?" "Who said I would have to fake it?"

So this cabin Ben and Abigail are in isn't on Smith Island?  Where's Mammoth Falls?

What's going on between Andre and Belle?

Heh, good job, Joey.  :)

• Love 2

Yes Belle, Sami came back for her son's funeral, waved her magic wand for a letter from her dead husband to appear, got herself kidnapped by Andre and escaped just to upstage you for spreading your legs....oh geez. Go back to Maine and screw your side piece!

Andre, Stefano didn't get this far in life by being stupid. Did you really think he wouldn't figure out that you were trying to do him in?

So, Joey trapped his mom and dad in the supply closet. Hmmm....not a bad idea. That way maybe they can argue everything out without anybody getting mad and walking away and finally put an end to either their relationship or the past. Good going!

Hey Abby, Ben just echoed the sentiments of quite a few viewers today. Loved it loved it loved it!

• Love 5

I haven't watched recent episodes. But Belle is back? Is Shawn  D with her? Are Abigail and Shawn D related?

Shawn D came back a couple of weeks ago for Hope's wedding.  Belle just showed up last week with a teenage Claire. Belle and Shawn are still married but apparently getting a divorce.  Abigail and Shawn D are related they are second cousins. 

• Love 1

I haven't watched recent episodes. But Belle is back? Is Shawn  D with her? Are Abigail and Shawn D related?

Jason Cook as Shawn D is back, but is leaving again real soon and will be replaced with Brandon Beemer.  Grown up daughter Claire is with them.  Belle and Shawn D are breaking up because Belle cheated on him.

• Love 1

I love how coldly he's treating her--it's miles better then Chad and his soppiness. And while I'm impressed by the muscles on KM's arms, I continue to cringe at her non-tears or even terror. This should be an acting tour de force her--like KA just had--and instead she is being out-acted by everyone in the vicinity.

It is unfortunate for the show and KM this is being aired so close, but all I could think of was Kristian Alfonso/Hope and how strong the actress was in the scenes of Aiden's attack and death, then Bo's death. KA's fear, panic, anguish were miles above those KM/Abby was supposed to show. I guess I should not be surprised since KM/Abby was completely carried in all other emotionally heavy material in the past. In the EJ fall out - AS and Missy Reeves did all of the heavy lifting. They were the saving grace. And after Will's death the limited part she was involved in- she was outclassed by everyone else. Literally CB/Gabi blew her out of the water.

Now we have this insipid triangle (because of course, OF COURSE) and a serial killer story to, naturally, give Abby front burner material and make the character some Mary Sue martyr & root-able, again the actors playing Chad and Ben are kicking ass and she's so ineffectual and blah. I'm sensing a pattern.

Speaking of the actor playing Ben. He is very committed and doing a good job. It is my regret (maybe this belongs in the UO thread) that the show runners didn't make his dad a kiddie rapist hick. And Ben not an Abby propper/fuck toy. Had his pa been a mobster, plain and simple and Ben opportunistic sociopath, the potential would have been great. They could have replaced or rivaled the DiMeras legitimately. The actors could have sold it! Alas stupid writing strikes again.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 13

Jason Cook as Shawn D is back, but is leaving again real soon and will be replaced with Brandon Beemer.  Grown up daughter Claire is with them.  Belle and Shawn D are breaking up because Belle cheated on him.

She cheated on him AGAIN? Say what? I mean, I know this runs in the family,  but still....

Has the Abigail storyline ended yet?

Edited by bantering

Ok, Claire, you dont have to say Grandpa Bo and Grandpa John etc. I get you been gone forever but you can say "grandpa" and "grandma".

I love this Belle. I like shes flawed and has made mistakes and she has attitude. I hated sanctimonious and do no wrong Belle.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Has the Abigail storyline ended yet?

Unfortunately, no. Abifail and the demon baby are still being held captive by Serial Killer. Not to worry though, Chad will be coming to the rescue eventually.

I hope someone cleaned the supply closet after EJ and his side piece humped in there.

• Love 3

I love Hope means business and she wants revenge. The writers are giving Kristian some good material. Just dont get stupid.

And, yes when does this Abigail storyline end already?? It is worned and played out played. Hurry up writers and wrap this shit up.

• Love 3

Hope is playing with this gun in the chair. I cringe.

And look SubconsciousBo is back in his tank top. Peter Reckell must have been shoveling hay his arms are the hugest Ive ever seen.

Oh, look, Ben has found a new way to chain Abby up to the bed.

Good episode. Thank u DVR for allowing me to speed through this episode.

Belle was never jealous of Sami.  When Belle and Shawn left Salem, Belle and Sami were finally on good terms to.  It looks like the writers are still trying to fill the "Bad Sami" spot, and going about it all the wrong way.

Jen Lilley has the acting chops to play grey character/conflicted bad girl if the writers would just step up their game.

The "Will is just like Sami" nonsense didn't work because we saw Will onscreen for 20 years NOT being like Sami. It would have made more sense to go the route of Sami, Kate, and Lucas covered for Will and fought his battles for him all his life, with an assist from Sonny in the last few years, so Will screwing up, and expecting someone else to fix it, would have been believable.  Besides if Will was anything like Sami, he would have kicked Ben's ass all over the place, shot him, tossed the body in a river, and called Grandma Kate to celebrate.

Andre and Stefano are just stupid.  Stefano has never been able to control Andre (Andre murdered Renee and Bengy, etc.), and Stefano has always been willing to sell out his children/relatives to get what he wants.  So the two of them clashing, no surprise.  They have run out of other Dimeras to stab in the back.

• Love 5

Andre: I never betray family.

Me: No, you just kill them, remember Renee, Benji, Lexie, or try numerous times to kill them, remember Tony and EJ (although EJ deserved it).

Stefano letting Andre know that he sees through him and all his ish.

Me: I love JM and it pains me that he is most likely not long for the show.

Belle: STFU. The murder of Sami's son trumps your continuing pattern of cheating. You have always been the center of John and Marlena's existence, Sami was second best, third best if you factor in Carrie (you do remember Carrie, the sister who treated you as if you were her favorite sibling even though you aren't technically related), although John always tried to treat Sami like a daughter. I never liked MM as Belle and today's small scenes with her reminded me of why I felt this way.

Abby: STFU, I just can't with you. I have never in all my years of television (soap and otherwise) and movie watching wanted to root for the killer, but when Ben is with you, I'm almost tempted but then I remember he killed Will and that brings me right back. But still Abby, just STFU.

Which I could muster any interest in Chad and Rafe's quest for Abby, but I just can't because, see above. Besides, way too much of both of them when I could see more Hope; Hope with her delusion of Bo; Hope with Steve; Hope with Kayla; Hope with Caroline; Hope with Julie; Hope with Shawn-Douglas while JC still has the role. Just more Hope. See show, had you not saddled us with the "Who's stalking Steve and Kayla?" story, Hope and Steve could have gone off on an adventure and Kayla could have gotten sucked in as she tried to be the voice of reason; John could have been brought into the mix and Marlena could have provided some much needed psychiatric support to the whole lot of them.

So Joey is now a card carrying member of the never-ending Salem kid train of "I want my mommy and daddy back together." Wonder what his motivation is, does he want them back together for family togetherness; does he want it because he wants to be close to his father and Steve wants Kayla; does he want them back together because he thinks it will make his mom happy; does he want Steve and Kayla together because if they are sexing it up, no one will notice when he is hacking into the school and various other things he shouldn't be doing? Speaking of this, how did he get the money for the hotel, flowers, champagne, etc.? Did he use his hacking skills to fool the hotel? If no card was used (because wouldn't Steve and Kayla have checked that) where did he get the cash? On a side note, the actor playing Joey really is good physical casting, he looks like he could be a Steve/Kayla production; he looks like Kayla with a splash of Steve tossed in.

Steve and Kayla were so cute together today. Loved his, "Don't you remember a time when we got along?" And Kayla's smile as she said no and insulted him. Steve's bemused smirk at her slam was just so him when it came to Kayla insulting him because he always knew she was messing with him and didn't mean it. Whichever writers wrote those scenes showed that they get Steve and Kayla and what made them work, it wasn't just the romance, although they rocked that, it was the sense that they really were soulmates who understood the inner workings of each other's minds and souls.

Edited because I forgot to say: when did Bo take those pictures with Shawn-D and Ciara? Was it when the Welcome Home Party was thrown for him? I only ask because we know JC is getting ready to leave the role and BB is soon to be in, so will those pictures just be something we never see again, or did the show get BB to come in just to take pictures with PR, so that Hope and the family can look at them later?

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 7

Decided to tune in today's episode just to see what was up with Belle (even though I never favoured as a character -- but I guess the cheating stuff seemed hilarious, so I had to see what she really did). She looks less dowdy than she used to (long hair suits her), but in terms of personality, she did seem a lot harsher than I remember her being. I really don't even remember her having any animosity towards Sami. The line about the Dimera family was kind of funny though (I mean, she wasn't wrong ...but I don't remember her being judgemental of Sami. I thought that was Carrie's territory). The girl playing Claire looks like the first Belle (Kirsten Storms) as a teenager, which shocked me a little bit. At first, I thought that was Kirsten Storms sitting opposite Shawn D in the pub.

Ben looks really hot now. WTF. They never should have made him plastic-looking when he first started on the show.

I have no idea what to say about Abigail. I think she's playing this storyline the way I'd envision any other actress to act out this storyline (you know, looking sweaty, tired, and all that jazz), but something still feels blank about her -- like, even when she's holding that baby, she doesn't seem particularly maternal or convincing as a mother, and I feel no fear or mamma bear protective mode coming from her either. I just feel nothing for her. She's just  pile of blah, but I have no idea why. At least during the EJabby storyline, I was able to feel hate towards her. But now....I just feel nothingness, which seems worse than feeling hatred,  and am wondering why she's still stuck in that cabin. 

And why does the serial killer seem more sympathetic than Abigail? I did laugh when he admitted that even he thought Chad was too good for her. Snort.

Thank goodness for KM that Ciara is on this show -- she's really bad. I don't even think she's that pretty so if they were to get someone who couldn't act they might as well have gotten someone who looks like Megan Fox before she got all that plastic surgery.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7

It would appear that Flynn and Dr. Tan are on today's episode, trying to out-smarm and smug each other--I don't know, it's kind of a tie.  And I don't think Flynn is good-looking at all so all of these women swooning over him is rather ridiculous.

I'm not sure what the point is of Victor's dislike of Theresa--it would have a point if Theresa was just scamming at not actually changing because then it would turn out that Vic was correct.  But Theresa has changed, Maggie and Brady are on her side and Brady has chosen Theresa and Tate  over Vic, so what is going to happen now?

• Love 4

Show was fairly enjoyable today.  Less death and gloom and doom.  No Abigail, which is always a plus.  I love Gabi and JJ together; I think they have great chemistry.  And Sparkle returns!! Wheee!!

Is Joey on his own plotting to get Steve and Kayla together or is that Ava person involved in some nefarious way? I like them finding their way back to each other organically and I don't think all the extraneous drama is necessary but I'll take it anyway.

• Love 3

I assume the drinking age in Salem is 18 not 21.

Salem's hospital heats a closet that stores office supplies and cleaning products together till 6pm?  

Steve & Kayla still have that magic.

Flynn (or whatever his name is) is really smarmy and I feel like his eyeballs are so tiny they get lost on his face. Like it's distracting because I keep searching for his eyes in every scene he's in. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

Today is the first time since, I think, September that I turned on the show, then turned it off after seeing the teaser and first segment.  I'm not interested in Brady/Theresa, have little interest in JJ/Gabi and absolutely no interest in Daniel/Nicole/Fynn.  I only like Steve/Kayla, though I guess not enough to sit through the others.  

Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but "I missed Ben/Abigail/Chad" !!!!!

I think tomorrow is

Bo's funeral

so I'll be watching.

I assume the drinking age in Salem is 18 not 21.

Salem's hospital heats a closet that stores office supplies and cleaning products together till 6pm?  

Steve & Kayla still have that magic.

Flynn (or whatever his name is) is really smarmy and I feel like his eyeballs are so tiny they get lost on his face. Like it's distracting because I keep searching for his eyes in every scene he's in.

If Salem's drinking age isn't 18, perhaps Days has instituted the "Secret Soras" with JJ and aged him at least a year.

Not feeling this Fynn guy.

Nicole/Dan were a snooze fest.

JJ/Gabi are starting to grow on me.

Theresa/Brady with Victor.....ughhh! Enough already Victor! If Brady is making a mistake, let him fend for himself.

Steve/Kayla and the supply closet was pure magic :)

• Love 1

If Salem's drinking age isn't 18, perhaps Days has instituted the "Secret Soras" with JJ and aged him at least a year.

That's what they did with Will, I think. He only SORAS'd about 2 years.

Maybe making Sparkle s spokesperson for Basic Black and mentioning that he'll have to travel is setting up a way for him to be written out. 

I think that's exactly it. He mentioned about international travel, etc...

• Love 1

Obviously Joey is scheming with that Ava chick.

Victor needs to be sedated. 

Maybe making Sparkle s spokesperson for Basic Black and mentioning that he'll have to travel is setting up a way for him to be written out. 

Once Sparkle is gone, the Gays will be completely erased....The thought of 2 men loving each other still grosses people out in 2015....

• Love 2

Once Sparkle is gone, the Gays will be completely erased....The thought of 2 men loving each other still grosses people out in 2015....

Completely baffles me. It's 2015. Those boys are beautiful. WilSon. PaulSon. Horita. Derek.

• Love 1

I enjoyed today, especially Kayla and Steve.  My gosh MBE and SN just glow and bring out the best in each other!

Also loved seeing Kate again.  I've really missed her.  Her conversation with Nicole about Will was sweet and sad, and it's a shame the writers have completely ignored Kate and Lucas and their grief.  Hopefully the Kate, Nicole, and Theresa story with Basic Black will finally get some attention and will somehow get Lucas involved as well.  BD deserves some love.

Was also glad to see Brady really push back against Victor's ugliness, as well as Anne's standing up to Theresa's self-involvement.  I like Theresa but she's always going to be selfish! 

JJ and Gabi are so pretty together.  They are much more interesting to me than any coupling that includes Abigail.  Billy Flynn is awesome but he can't overcome the blandness and poor acting of KM.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4

I enjoyed today, especially Kayla and Steve.  My gosh MBE and SN just glow and bring out the best in each other!

Also loved seeing Kate again.  I've really missed her.  Her conversation with Nicole about Will was sweet and sad, and it's a shame the writers have completely ignored Kate and Lucas and their grief.  Hopefully the Kate, Nicole, and Theresa story with Basic Black will finally get some attention and will somehow get Lucas involved as well.  BD deserves some love.

Was also glad to see Brady really push back against Victor's ugliness, as well as Anne's standing up to Theresa's self-involvement.  I like Theresa but she's always going to be selfish! 

JJ and Gabi are so pretty together.  They are much more interesting to me than any coupling that includes Abigail.  Billy Flynn is awesome but he can't overcome the blandness and poor acting of KM.

What did Kate say about Will?  Will's murder was just a plot point for Chabby and done for shock value....

• Love 1

I don't see how making Gabi and Paul work together is writing Paul out if Gabi isn't leaving, too.

Is this the first time Gabi and Paul have met?  Did they swap "I did the deed with Will Horton" stories?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Why does Kayla not know that Steve is musically talented?

Right? He's been playing the blues for years. But I guess they were supposed to be high from solvent fumes or something? Hell, who cares -- they were adorable. I loved Kayla's little smile as she turned to Patch before they kissed. These two kill me. 

• Love 7