Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Oh - so Eduardo has yet ANOTHER kid?  Paul said the father of his ball player friend went to Winterthorne, and that father is Eduardo Hernandez?  I replayed that sequence several times, so if I heard it wrong, please tell me.  Did Eduardo ever hear of condoms??

So that's 4 kids with Mamma Hernandez, one with Eve, and yet one more with Mom of Paul's friend?

I'm expecting that Jawn's parents will end being younger than him by the time he finds them.  If they're still missing their bouncing baby boy, just imagine their disappointment when they finally see him again.

I'm thinking maybe it's Rafe's brother that was the fellow ball player that Paul was referring to. 

The brother and mother Hernandez are supposed to be cast soon.

When Paul first started out this story today I was afraid for a second that Eduardo was going to be John's dad. LOL He seems to be the resident sperm donor lately and stranger things have happened in terms of timelines and aging. 

• Love 7

Oh - so Eduardo has yet ANOTHER kid?  Paul said the father of his ball player friend went to Winterthorne, and that father is Eduardo Hernandez?  I replayed that sequence several times, so if I heard it wrong, please tell me.  Did Eduardo ever hear of condoms??

So that's 4 kids with Mamma Hernandez, one with Eve, and yet one more with Mom of Paul's friend?

If they're still trying to make Sparkle happen - or at least are pretending to - it would be silly for them to make Eduardo his father. Being connected to a core family is pretty much all Sparkle has going for him at the moment. 

ETA, Nevermind. I think I misunderstood what you were saying. You're saying that Sparkle's friend is Eduardo's kid? That's stupid too. Eduardo is newbie himself so why would anyone care about him getting a long lost son.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

If they're still trying to make Sparkle happen - or at least are pretending to - it would be silly for them to make Eduardo his father. Being connected to a core family is pretty much all Sparkle has going for him at the moment. 

ETA, Nevermind. I think I misunderstood what you were saying. You're saying that Sparkle's friend is Eduardo's kid? That's stupid too. Eduardo is newbie himself so why would anyone care about him getting a long lost son.

I think Sparkle's friend is Dario who is Eduardo's son and one of his kids with Mama Hernandez...Happy Turkey Day to you all...

• Love 7

Has Paul ever met Rafe? He must have, especially around the baseball stuff with Chase and John last summer. He may sparkle, but he's a bit slow on the uptake. I liked the old Dario who was briefly one of Melanie's true loves. He was a good guy then - wonder if he'll be the same this time around. 

I'm kind of relieved there's a 4 day break from the show. Hopefully, Hope's baddassery signals a shift from death and grief to mystery, good story and love reunited (Chabby). 

Happy T-day everyone - for many years I hosted up to 25! Today it's only the four of us. Which I'm mostly glad about : ) 

• Love 3

I think Sparkle's friend is Dario who is Eduardo's son and one of his kids with Mama Hernandez...Happy Turkey Day to you all...

The new Dario is hot...If the show did not take a Homophobic turn, a Paul/Dario hook up would be hot.....Oh Well! Paul is truly useless after Wilson's exit from the show..

• Love 2

So I caught up on a week's worth of episodes last night and I think I was alarmingly dehydrated by the end of it. Bo dying... shit.

But also... what the fucking fuck was with that timeline? I honestly cannot figure out how long he was home before he kicked it! 12 hours? Seriously... what? Because I would have said a couple of days but then Ciara was talking at the party about how 'last night didn't happen' to Hope so she should totes be with Bo. And that really confused me.

So... Hope and Aiden got married, had sex, he tried to kill her, Bo got there, he and Aiden fought, Aiden got killed, police arrived, Hope went to the hospital, news gets out about Aiden, Hope is released, Bo passes out in the park with Sean-D, Bo has tests run, test results are received, bad news all around, weeping commences, Bo tells Steve, more weeping, Bo and Hope have sex, Bo tells Rafe to look after Hope, surprise party, more headaches, goodbyes, reminiscing in the park, Bo finally tells Hope, they reminisce some more, kiss... dead. And all that happened in one day? 

No. Don't buy it.

And the whole thing with Bo dying... I mean... Freya's Cats, people! I feel like I need to go watch Jessica Jones for something uplifting now... which is saying something!

Still, even though it blew that that's how it ends, I felt it was an emotionally resonating goodbye.

In other news:

I like the younger generation arriving. There may not be any Oliviers there yet but I am actually buying this group as knowing each other for years and having connections to various denizens of Salem. I have a particular fondness for Joey and Theo, I must admit.

And for all the gloom, sturm and drang... I am still loving Steve and Kayla and I'm also loving Justin and Eve. So... there's that.

• Love 11

I uderstand Victor's grief, but what was his beef with Eve?  I know he hates Theresa because of Brady and the drama they have had, but Eve hasn't done anything to him.

When CR played Eve it was long ago and she was a kid/young woman.  I don't recall any drama between her and Victor.  Since she has been back, hasn't she lived her life separate from him too?  I don't get it.  He was just being mean to be mean.  

I understand his grief over losing his son, but did he stop to think that this was the first major holiday Eve has had since losing her daughter Paige.  Her only child.  I'm glad he admitted to being an ass, but he was rude to her and it sounds like he was rude to Theresa too.

The Brady family dinner was bittersweet, sad but family oriented.  I like Claire so far, wondering if she will be paired with Chase.  They have a bigger younger set now, however most all of them are related.  Most are Horton/Brady/Johnson hybrids.  Chase and Gabi are about the only non related ones in that mix to pair any of them up with.  

I'm not overly fond of Abby, but damn I am feeling bad for her now.  What a shitty cruel situation.  Has Ben given any thought to how long he can treat her and the baby like this, yuck!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 4

But also... what the fucking fuck was with that timeline? I honestly cannot figure out how long he was home before he kicked it! 12 hours? Seriously... what? Because I would have said a couple of days but then Ciara was talking at the party about how 'last night didn't happen' to Hope so she should totes be with Bo. And that really confused me.

The timeline is out of this world--literally, like it would only make sense on another planet. Such sloppy writing. Now not only will Trollop Jr. be confused over who's his father but also what day he was born. "Am I a Nov. 10th baby or Nov. 26th?" 

I uderstand Victor's grief, but what was his beef with Eve?  I know he hates Theresa because of Brady and the drama they have had, but Eve hasn't done anything to him.

When CR played Eve it was long ago and she was a kid/young woman.  I don't recall any drama between her and Victor.  Since she has been back, hasn't she lived her life separate from him too?  I don't get it.  He was just being mean to be mean.  

I understand his grief over losing his son, but did he stop to think that this was the first major holiday Eve has had since losing her daughter Paige.  Her only child.  I'm glad he admitted to being an ass, but he was rude to her and it sounds like he was rude to Theresa too.

The Brady family dinner was bittersweet, sad but family oriented.  I like Claire so far, wondering if she will be paired with Chase.  They have a bigger younger set now, however most all of them are related.  Most are Horton/Brady/Johnson hybrids.  Chase and Gabi are about the only non related ones in that mix to pair any of them up with.  

I agree the Victor/Eve thing makes no sense per the show's history. Surely there are better uses of JA's talent than him spouting off degrading misogynist comments. 

I'm worried they are writing the teen scene into a corner. Too many of them are related to be love interests and simple teen angst will get old quick. 

• Love 3

Oh yeah, we have Theo too.  

So non relative young Folks:  Chase, Gabi, Theo.

Related somehow: Claire (Horton Brady), Joey (Brady Johnson), JJ (Horton Johnson), Ciara (Brady Horton).  Yeah, they are all tied in somehow... If they add in one more non-Brady/Horton/Johnson, they might be able to give them all someone, there just isn't much room to mingle and see who the best fit is.  

I add Gabi to the mix only because they seem to be chem testing her with JJ.  She is actually more the age of Chad, Abby, Ben, Melanie, Sonny, and the late Will and Nick.

I feel like the last young set before them:  Belle, Brady, Chloe, Mimi, Phillip, Shawn, etc, there was more room to test who had the best chem.  There were a couple related, but most of them weren't.  

It's kind of how most of the young folks on GH are all Sonny's spawn, not much you can do from there...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 2

Maybe they will SORAS Serial Killer Jr in a few months. He's an alien so he could realistically grow at a rapid pace. And Abifail is going to need some fresh penis soon. 

*Clarifying that I meant Abifail will need to hook up with one of the teens soon, not Serial Killer Jr.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

??? Gabi's brother and father are there. Theo's father, grandfather and uncle are there.

When the poster was talking about "young folks" and place them in categories I took the "non relative" separation in her list to mean not cousins or siblings to any potential fuck partners. Hence the categories she made. Not if they had any old folks on canvas.

Could be wrong!

Edited by Petunia13

The problem with this teen scene versus the Shawn/Belle/Mimi/Phillip/Chloe one was that only Shawn and Phillip were related and they are both men and straight so no issue there.  Here we have Joey, Ciara, and Claire are related leaving only Theo and Chase.  Joey is the odd man out unless they bring someone else in and you are automatically guaranteeing a weird foursome with Ciara/Claire/Theo/Chase. 

They need to bring in someone neutral for Joey and bring Benjy's son into the mix. 

• Love 3

The problem with this teen scene versus the Shawn/Belle/Mimi/Phillip/Chloe one was that only Shawn and Phillip were related and they are both men and straight so no issue there.  Here we have Joey, Ciara, and Claire are related leaving only Theo and Chase.  Joey is the odd man out unless they bring someone else in and you are automatically guaranteeing a weird foursome with Ciara/Claire/Theo/Chase. 

They need to bring in someone neutral for Joey and bring Benjy's son into the mix.

They could also bring back Pocket. I'm sure he'd be just thrilled to see that father of his and he has the connection to Steve and Kayla, although he wouldn't remember them.

Although, I have little hope for anything sensible from the show. Its almost 2016 and there is one blandly dull and easily removed gay character and three black characters all of whom are related (four if you count the barely seen Maxine, although she has yet to be revealed as a relative, but I'm sure that's coming) living in Salem. Perhaps the deep levels of stupid we keep seeing is a direct result of all the inbreeding that must have been going for years.

• Love 2

No matter how much one might dislike or hate Abigail, there's no way in hell she deserves what Ben's doing to her.  She deserved a verbal beatdown due to her dalliances with Chad, and he certainly gave it to her, but not this.  And for sure, her baby doesn't deserve this.

And poor Wendy!  She was innocent in all of this!  Innocent!

I, too, am ready for Ben to die, as good as Rob Wilson has been at portraying his insanity.

Amen, Chico.

• Love 4

Eve did run over Sarah Horton, Maggie's daughter, in a stolen car, but that was years ago and Victor wasn't married to Maggie then. She is Kimberly's stepdaughter, so maybe she's just collateral hatred because of Kim.

I wish this show cast a good actress to play Sarah Horton! That's one Horton girl that the writers refuse to bring back. I mean Sarah Brown would be good as long the show gave her storyline.

The problem with this teen scene versus the Shawn/Belle/Mimi/Phillip/Chloe one was that only Shawn and Phillip were related and they are both men and straight so no issue there. Here we have Joey, Ciara, and Claire are related leaving only Theo and Chase. Joey is the odd man out unless they bring someone else in and you are automatically guaranteeing a weird foursome with Ciara/Claire/Theo/Chase.

They have to bring in more teens that are not related to Bradys. Chase and Theo arent but they need a few more teen girls.

It still annoys me Joy Wesley wasn't given thought. She would be around their age, give or take a few year via SORAS, and she could be a bombshell like sister.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

No matter how much one might dislike or hate Abigail, there's no way in hell she deserves what Ben's doing to her.  She deserved a verbal beatdown due to her dalliances with Chad, and he certainly gave it to her, but not this.  And for sure, her baby doesn't deserve this.

And poor Wendy!  She was innocent in all of this!  Innocent!

I, too, am ready for Ben to die, as good as Rob Wilson has been at portraying his insanity.

Do not worry about the princess.  When she gets home to Jennifer and the rest of the HOrtons she will be petted like the princess  they think she is.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

It's funny that Jen apparently thinks so little of Abifail that she barely questions why she would just up and leave with no notice, why she's only been in contact through texting, and didn't bother to come back for Thanksgiving or to support Hope. 

• Love 9

That's because Jenn thinks Trollop is the princess, especially when they get together to bash JJ and insist he has to talk to them.  Jenn not following up on Trollop shows she a really bad mother she is.  Anxiety doesn't equal motherhood.  Note neither Rafe nor Chad have really bothered to alert her.

Honey honey honey what?

It's funny that Jen apparently thinks so little of Abifail that she barely questions why she would just up and leave with no notice, why she's only been in contact through texting, and didn't bother to come back for Thanksgiving or to support Hope. 

That's the problem with the wonky calendar in Salem. From Jennifer's point of view, it would have been weird enough that Abigail didn't show up for Hope's wedding.  But the gala/wedding was Nov 8 (Salem calendar) and now it is Thanksgiving.  So pregnant Abigail has been gone and not in touch with her mother for weeks!  Jennifer should be frantic, but of course, the storyline dictated that she stay mostly in the background as support for Hope, not worry about her missing daughter.   I guess we have to accept the wonky time in the same way we accept that children age overnight and that Roman now looks like Chris Kositchek.  :)

• Love 4

The whole time I was watching Friday's episode, there was a tiny voice in the back of my mind that kept repeating "Please don't let 'Fancy Face' be Bo's last words." 

Like someone else said, it really was like losing an old friend. 

I wanted his last words to be Fancy Face! Lol! I needed them to be that! 

They really killed him fast. Caught me off guard. 

• Love 6

??? Gabi's brother and father are there.  Theo's father, grandfather and uncle are there.

Oh no, what I had meant was that of the most recent group of teens on the show, most of them are already related to each other so that they don't have many options for romantic pairings.  Most of the teen set are cousins, etc via their Brady/Horton/Johnson family connections.  The only teens that aren't related to them for romantic pairings are Chase, Gabi and Theo.  They have family there, but their families aren't related to the others.  

Is the actor playing Dario the actor from GL & AMC? He was a good looking guy. What single female will he hook up with? Theresa? I can't think of anyone else young-ish who is available. BTW! Is there any chance we can get A Martinez to shave that awful looking goatee? Granted, if he did it just now we still have to look at it for another 6 months but it would be just in time for summer.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

Is the actor playing Dario the actor from GL & AMC? He was a good looking guy. What single female will he hook up with? Theresa? I can't think of anyone else young-ish who is available.

Isn't

Melanie

coming back? Or is that just wishful thinking? Seems I'm one of the few here who like her and her presence would hopefully take away screen time from a certain person or persons. 

Isn't

Melanie

coming back? Or is that just wishful thinking? Seems I'm one of the few here who like her and her presence would hopefully take away screen time from a certain person or persons. 

I like her too, Lefty, always found her like a breath of fresh air.  And I'll feel bad about Brady falling into Theresa's arms when she does. 

• Love 2

I like her too, Lefty, always found her like a breath of fresh air.  And I'll feel bad about Brady falling into Theresa's arms when she does. 

So many characters were sacrificed for her...What was done to Stefanie a legacy child in her  favor turned my stomach..It was sacrilegious. Stefanie got the Don Craig treatment, while she got 3 days of tears, wailing, and lamentations filled with flashbacks....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I thought Ben and abigail was supposed to get married at the gala, as well as Aiden and hope. No one notice their missing a wedding?

i was thinking that, too, but then I remembered that Abigal wanted to steal the Christmas spotlight from the Horton ornaments and get married over that holiday. 

• Love 2
I like her too, Lefty, always found her like a breath of fresh air.

Ditto. Ish. It will be good to see that return, though I hope it isn't the end of the road for their participation in the show. Now - no more talk of spoilers!

i was thinking that, too, but then I remembered that Abigal wanted to steal the Christmas spotlight from the Horton ornaments and get married over that holiday.

Wonder if Christmas will be the next day after Thanksgiving, and two days after the wedding/Gala?  I'm only kidding...because really, that could happen given the way they're writing this show lately...sigh.

I just don't want to hear a single word about Abby anymore. I don't want Chad saddled with her, or Stefano having to deal with her. Seriously now - Joe M is barely participating anymore and I get the awful sense that he'll now be forced to talk about her stupid baby and her becoming a part of the family or some other tripe and I just...can't...

It probably would have been best for the show if Sami's exit back when she was scheming with Kate could have taken out both EJ and Stefano permanently. Then Kristen would have been the last DiMerra, and maybe that would have yielded better results from a story perspective. Maybe not.

At least we got that awesome scene of Stefano about to have Marlena thrown out a window - have her thrown out a window! I love it! Like he can't be bothered to do the throwing himself. It's beneath him! I love that scene.

Imagine how Stefano would dispose of Abby...would he have a trained falcon just swoop down and snatch her while she's prancing around town? She clearly isn't worth throwing out an actual window or anything - far too dramatic for her. Poison maybe? Secret room?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8

Victor was an asshole for sure.  But I think he also dislikes Eve because when she came to town she tormented Jennifer, and IIRC correctly, he even offered to pay her off re the book earnings, so she would leave Jen alone, because it was upsetting to Maggie.

• Love 1

Ditto. Ish. It will be good to see that return, though I hope it isn't the end of the road for their participation in the show. Now - no more talk of spoilers!

Wonder if Christmas will be the next day after Thanksgiving, and two days after the wedding/Gala?  I'm only kidding...because really, that could happen given the way they're writing this show lately...sigh.

I just don't want to hear a single word about Abby anymore. I don't want Chad saddled with her, or Stefano having to deal with her. Seriously now - Joe M is barely participating anymore and I get the awful sense that he'll now be forced to talk about her stupid baby and her becoming a part of the family or some other tripe and I just...can't...

It probably would have been best for the show if Sami's exit back when she was scheming with Kate could have taken out both EJ and Stefano permanently. Then Kristen would have been the last DiMerra, and maybe that would have yielded better results from a story perspective. Maybe not.

At least we got that awesome scene of Stefano about to have Marlena thrown out a window - have her thrown out a window! I love it! Like he can't be bothered to do the throwing himself. It's beneath him! I love that scene.

Imagine how Stefano would dispose of Abby...would he have a trained falcon just swoop down and snatch her while she's prancing around town? She clearly isn't worth throwing out an actual window or anything - far too dramatic for her. Poison maybe? Secret room?

Just me but imo Stefano will be worshipping the side piece too.

It's quite sad. The writers don't have the balls to let Abifail's first born demon brat be fathered by a serial killer and because they're obsessed with Chabifail for some reason, Chad gets saddled with a baby and is connected to that girl forever. And while I don't like Stefano, JM doesn't deserve to spend his remaining time on the show being stuck on prop duty for that worthless couple and the baby. Since that stupid land in Ireland story seems to have been dropped there's no reason why Stefano should want his son with her. 

• Love 11

Today was a good day but I doubt I reacted the way the show wants me to.  When Abby was telling Ben that he couldn't hurt her because the baby needed her, the baby wouldn't survive without her, "ME, ME, ME", Ben had the absolutely best reaction ever. He told her their son deserved better than having a lying, cheating whore for a mother and that is she didn't like his plans, he'd leave her to die.  I admit it, I cheered, I screamed "Go Ben, you psychopath!" and I think I might have even fist-pumped :):)  

I love how coldly he's treating her--it's miles better then Chad and his soppiness.  And while I'm impressed by the muscles on KM's arms, I continue to cringe at her non-tears or even terror.  This should be an acting tour de force her--like KA just had--and instead she is being out-acted by everyone in the vicinity.  Not good, but perhaps she could try and beat Ben to death--she looks pretty strong :)

Belle's kind of a bitch-instead of just saying she cheated on Shawn because she's selfish and wanted male attention, she blamed Shawn's job and that he was never there.  I hate that crap--just admit you're weak and kind of disloyal and need constant attention and maybe you'll actually learn from your mistakes.  Also, she does remember that Sami's son died right?  So no compassion as a mother even for a child's untimely death?  Damn!

Steve and Kayla continue to be awesome and to show the younger set how it's done :)

• Love 11

Gee, Belle ya think your parents are a bit more worried about a daughter who just lost her son? All you did is screw another man. They should be more worried about Claire and Shawn also. :p

• Love 9

Steve & Kayla were really cute today. The normal writers must have called out sick and these were the subs. 

That would also explain why Belle seems written a bit out of character. I know her and Sami have a history but I don't remember this kind of "you like her better" animosity from Belle. If anything I always thought it was the other way around. 

As for Sami...I'm assuming we are done seeing AS, but can the writers drag this out anymore? What did Sami's message say???? If it weren't for Belle's little tantrum, we might know.  I'm just going to imagine Sami already on an island with the sexy EJ and her kids because what's been portrayed has been too sloppy and sketchy to get a clear idea. 

Shawn and Belle do not look old enough to have a 17 year old. Seeing Claire call Shawn 'dad' (or did she say 'daddy'?) felt weird. Even if they were 20 when she was born (which is about what I think they were) I just don't see them as 37 now, especially since I figure EJ & Sami are in their mid to late thirties and that makes no sense since Belle is the much younger sister. 

It's quite sad. The writers don't have the balls to let Abifail's first born demon brat be fathered by a serial killer and because they're obsessed with Chabifail for some reason, Chad gets saddled with a baby and is connected to that girl forever. And while I don't like Stefano, JM doesn't deserve to spend his remaining time on the show being stuck on prop duty for that worthless couple and the baby. Since that stupid land in Ireland story seems to have been dropped there's no reason why Stefano should want his son with her. 

I don't get it or see it either. Their chemistry is meh at best and while the actor playing Chad does a good job with the role, he doesn't exactly have the looks to be leading man material. That might be shallow but this is Hollywood. As much as I agree it's clear the writers prop Rafe, I also get that GG is good looking and seems more the type to be in a leading role as part of a couple. 

Today was a good day but I doubt I reacted the way the show wants me to.  When Abby was telling Ben that he couldn't hurt her because the baby needed her, the baby wouldn't survive without her, "ME, ME, ME", Ben had the absolutely best reaction ever. He told her their son deserved better than having a lying, cheating whore for a mother and that is she didn't like his plans, he'd leave her to die.  I admit it, I cheered, I screamed "Go Ben, you psychopath!" and I think I might have even fist-pumped :):)  

I love how coldly he's treating her--it's miles better then Chad and his soppiness.  And while I'm impressed by the muscles on KM's arms, I continue to cringe at her non-tears or even terror.  This should be an acting tour de force her--like KA just had--and instead she is being out-acted by everyone in the vicinity.  Not good, but perhaps she could try and beat Ben to death--she looks pretty strong :)

Belle's kind of a bitch-instead of just saying she cheated on Shawn because she's selfish and wanted male attention, she blamed Shawn's job and that he was never there.  I hate that crap--just admit you're weak and kind of disloyal and need constant attention and maybe you'll actually learn from your mistakes.  Also, she does remember that Sami's son died right?  So no compassion as a mother even for a child's untimely death?  Damn!

Steve and Kayla continue to be awesome and to show the younger set how it's done :)

AMEN!

• Love 6