Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Ciara, you said that you were afraid of Chase, so how is he putting words in your mouth if he's just repeating what you said?

"Dammit Abigail, I'm not stupid!"  Uh, right.

If Bo was having headaches and had just passed out, shouldn't Kayla have put him in a wheelchair?

Shawn should have told Ciara not to text Bo.

I figured she was dreaming, it isn't January yet.

Why does Jennifer totally believe the text Ben sent her?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 3

One of the bigger problems with Ciara right now, in my mind, is that they've aged her up from 7 years old but still write her as 7. Immediately jumping on the 'hey, now you guys can totes get married! woo!' is not something that a 16 year old would say. A 13 year old, maybe but that was way too childish. The whole bit about not feeling safe around Chase is a shitty thing to say but that I kind of get... Aiden was absolutely fine and then tried to murder her mother but there is something about current Ciara that doesn't fit because the same childish responses are in a much older body.

• Love 2

Ciara, you said that you were afraid of Chase, so how is he putting words in your mouth if he's just repeating what you said?

"Dammit Abigail, I'm not stupid!"  Uh, right.

If Bo was having headaches and had just passed out, shouldn't Kayla have put him in a wheelchair?

Shawn should have told Ciara not to text Bo.

I figured she was dreaming, it isn't January yet.

Why does Jennifer totally believe the text Ben sent her?

Rick K, with you 100% on each point. 

That last scene with Bo and Kayla broke my heart. It's so cool how smoothly these old vets just slipped back into their roles and each other. Bo and Kayla's history came flooding through my mind, then a vivid feeling of dread when I imagined my brother getting Bo's diagnosis. Wowza. 

Just learning of the horrifying events unfolding in Paris. Sending all white light and prayers. I was trying to think if I knew anyone in harm's way (a couple, distantly) when I thought of Sonny for a half-second. 

• Love 6

Hope may be dying and Chase is screaming for Ciara. Um, why was she walking at a snail pace down the staircase? Jeez! Could you pick up the pace Ciara? Your mother could be dying.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2

So Isabella said, as long ago as 1991, that "all [John] cares about is chasing this dream of being somebody that he never was, and never can be!"

That's nearly twenty-five years ago! Jawn's been caught in the same story loop for almost half the life of the show. When I said that the writers needed to do better with consistent characterization, that's not what I meant.

It's not a brain tumour! Nuh-uh! Bo's not dying! He's, uh ... He's pregnant! That's it. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

(And it's Steve's baby. Hee.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 12

Love marlena when she's used in therapist mode. Dreading bo and hope part a million again :(

Hey!! You from the RHOBH forum arent you?? Glad we share the same taste.

The foreshadowing for next week

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

BTW I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago when I first I heard this particular, stripped down version of "Holding Out For a Hero" on Dancing With The Stars. We were only speculating about Bo dying when I heard this and I was a mess. I mean..damn

Hey guys, isn't this thread for current episodes? Why all this talk about things that haven't happened yet? I think preview talk ought to be spoiler tagged. I have not seen any previews and avoid them so as not to be spoiled. :(

• Love 5

New Ciara has issues moving her mouth to talk, they need to fix that. Everything she says comes out clenched. 

Aww Bo. Really wish they would not make him have something wrong with him. 

Rafe questioning wear Bo was as he checks on Hope? Oye Rafe, do your job, Chad is basically giving your case to you.

The PD is really useless, Chad tells them Abby's missing and nothing. He has to beg Rafe to go save people. Totally knew that was a dream she was having, they didn't even hide it. Chad was wearing different clothes. Thought the dream sequence was great though, Abby and Chad both conveyed their relief so well.

Ben sleeps on the bed, while the pregnant girl is shackled and zip tied to a wooden chair. Nice Ben. At least  shackle her to the bed. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

This is pretty annoying. My local affiliate doesn't show previews and now y'all are going on about something that should technically be in the spoiler thread. Thanks a bunch. /sarcasm

I'm not sure how your affiliate works, but Days has shown a "preview" at the end of every episode for as long as I can remember. I've been watching Days for over 20 years. The preview is attached to the end of every episode, so it is not a spoiler.

Maybe you should check with the moderators on this site to get them to clarify if they would like the "previews" to be off limits.  As of now they are part of the episode and have been part of the episode and referenced in this thread many times before. 

• Love 6

Sweet Jesus, could they make this show any more depressing and dark?

Josh definetly needs to wrap this necktie story up. It's not as good as other murder mysteries in the past and for someone claims they loved Days like he said we already had a strangler killer in the early 80s. I think what would had made this storyline good if Ben was someone who admired serial killers and one of his favorite was Jake from the Salem Strangler killings. Because let's face it Ben is a total copycat killer.

There needs to more romance, humor and joyous moments on this show too.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

I'm not sure how your affiliate works, but Days has shown a "preview" at the end of every episode for as long as I can remember. I've been watching Days for over 20 years. The preview is attached to the end of every episode, so it is not a spoiler.

Damn, my station doesn't show previews, either.

• Love 2

The preview that is being discussed is on the NBC site and airs on NBC at various times. I didn't think something that NBC is actually promoting was considered a spoiler since anyone who watches the channel and sees the commercial will know what's happening. Heck thats how my mother who avoids spoilers is usually clued in on major things.

• Love 6

I saw a commercial or ad they aired.

I was under the impression that the previews that air at the end of episodes are ok to be discussed in the show threads. It's common practice in the many Real Housewives forums, Below Deck, Glee, AHS, ect. I think to be completely spoiler free its best to avoid show forums, Facebook feeds, and twitter.

Also since we're on the topic, I liked the old way of ending Days. Where it'd a weird freeze frame and the image would distort or have some effect and a eerie noise or music would play as it froze up to shock you. They did this in the mid- late 90's.

• Love 4

We don't get the previews in New York either. When I returned, I wondered why Days stopped them. I thought it was because some data revealed that if favs weren't shown, viewership fluctuated. I'm disappointed to know this is apparently an affiliate decision, meaning it's probably based on getting extra commercials in. However, I don't think a preview is a spoiler. It sucks that I don't get them, but it aired, so discussion is fair game.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 2

Also since we're on the topic, I liked the old way of ending Days. Where it'd a weird freeze frame and the image would distort or have some effect and a eerie noise or music would play as it froze up to shock you. They did this in the mid- late 90's.

I always liked the freeze frame endings. I wonder what they stopped doing them. 

• Love 3

Guys lets take major character plot points over to the new thread and leave actual discussion here to events that happened on today's show.

Please feel free to ask me questions anytime. I'm happy to clarify things as needed or create threads etc...

The preview that is being discussed is on the NBC site and airs on NBC at various times. I didn't think something that NBC is actually promoting was considered a spoiler since anyone who watches the channel and sees the commercial will know what's happening. Heck thats how my mother who avoids spoilers is usually clued in on major things.

I agree. I don't consider a preview a spoiler at all. It's simply advertisement, a teaser to keep you watching, that can air during any time of the day/other programming. 

• Love 2

No previews are shown on my affiliate either. They may be shown during other shows, but I haven't seen them. I'm in the camp that if it wasn't on one of the episodes (not on previews, even if they happen to be attached to the episode) that has been shown, then it is something that hasn't happened yet and therefore is a spoiler. But I can see how mileage varies on this. On balance, I feel I get a lot out of coming here and discussing the show, even if I occasionally have things spoiled for me, given the way that I access the show. But it still makes me sad when something gets spoiled.

To get back to the topic: guys, I thought that KM/Abby did really well in the dream sequence! You could feel how much relief and hope she was feeling when she saw Chad, while trying to stay perfectly silent so as not to wake Ben.

• Love 4

Wow. I am feeling for Hope right now.  And next she will find out about Bo.  So sad :(  Oh and poor Chase.  Lets hope this family will have a little joy soon.

Looks like Rafe is listening and concerned about Abby.  Rafe was already suspicious of Ben.  Glad he planted the seed in Jennifer's head about the text.  This is the second time on this show someone pretended to be some else by text.   I may never believe a text again!

As someone who liked Brady/Teresa pairing I was not feeling their togetherness.  It seems to fast and forced.  I also don't really see how Teresa has changed.  Teresa should get out of Victor's house.  Her apartment was not a mansion but it wasn't a dump either.  I would love to see Teresa make it on her own.

• Love 4

I would hate living in Victor's house. The only reason she likes it is Brady. Because who'd enjoy living with a tightassed douche who spewed venomous slurs daily and his Stepfordian plastic haired wife.

Yeah Victor has been like that the minute he came on the show. He is the king of the castle and he's a control freak of his relatives. The only time he wasn't when Bo and Hope lived there in the late 80s when Bo found out Vic was his daddy. He never talked shit to Hope like hes done to Theresa and other women after her.

See Theresa needs to have one of these with Victor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JISYTt4QWSs

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Is this all supposed to be entertaining in some way? Really, was it necessary to kill off Will in order to facilitate these stupid storylines? And now Bo?  Give me a break. 

I'm almost pissed off enough to stop watching and that's saying something.  I can remember watching with my grandma before I was school age, in the early 70s so I've probably been watching for 40 years.  But I've almost had it.

• Love 5

Man, but in today's episode the veterans were on fire!  From Kayla and Bo's talking about his sickness to Kayla's crying to Steve and then to Steve and Bo's hugging each other, I was damn impressed by these great actors and I actually found myself crying over their grief and sense of loss.

I also like that both Brady and Maggie can see how much Theresa has changed and how they're supporting her and cheering her on--now that's what I like to see.

It is more painful then ever to watch Ciara attempt to emote especially in her scenes with Chase who is kind of good.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

You're not the only one pissed off. And to "CELEBRATE" Days50...

there are more deaths coming after Bo that facilitate at least 3 character/actors' departures.

I'm only reading recaps now. I refuse to give them a dime of my watching ad revenue.

I also like that both Brady and Maggie can see how much Theresa has changed and how they're supporting her and cheering her on--now that's what I like to see.

To quote/paraphrase Will (about Nick)...how can you expect someone to change if you don't give them the chance to prove they can?

I like that Brady & Maggie are doing just that. 

• Love 1

Aww Steve and Bo! :( Is Bo on a farewell goodbye tour? Final scenes of Kayla, Steve, Victor...And it's still the day after the wedding, Chase is really composed for someone who just lost his dad hours ago.

The new Chase is actually pretty good, but Ciara not the same. It's like her  jaw doesn't move when she's speaking. Everything is so forced.

After that phone call with crazy Ben, Rafe still sat there? Chad has to tell him to do their job. Chad also figured out Ben was the killer.  

• Love 2

So in Salem time, the wedding was only last night? It already seems like Aiden has been gone forever!  

And I guess that means Abigail hasn't been having labour pains for days either, then.  I love how whenever it's just her alone, the pains are constant, but when Ben shows up, they become more sporadic. LOL.

I don't hate the new Ciara and Chase, but I felt their scenes were a waste of time.  So I guess I'm not actually liking them either.  

I got a bit weepy during the Kayla/Bo scenes.  But I found myself pulled out of the scene with Bo lying in the park asking "why me?", and in my mind I answered "cuz you don't want to be on the show anymore".

And I still see no chemistry between Brady and Theresa. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4