Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Co-signing! I so wish they'd kill off Abigail. The character is the complete opposite of heroine and Kate Mansi is horrible. The other day when she finally put it together that Ben was a big ol' lying strangler, she had the same look on her face that I do when my kids leave their dirty dishes in the sink instead of putting them in dishwasher. In other words, mild annoyance. No horror. No disgust. No revulsion. Abigail learns that she's been sleeping with a killer mannequin and KM didn't even wrinkle her brow. That should be a fireable offense.

Shh dont put thar into the ether.

• Love 3

Oh I verbalize my wish for Abigail's death once a week or so.  The only reason I don't do it more often is out of respect for those posters who like the character.  Plus, no one likes a consummate complainer.  But it is entertaining to come up with the many different ways Abby could meet her maker.  For me it doesn't much matter who plays her.  The character will always be a smug, hypocritical, creepy, gaslighting cheater.  I'd rather they give Jack a long-lost daughter.  It'd be fun to watch Jennifer try to deal with that.

• Love 8

I was pleasantly surprised to see Hope fight back. I'm just disappointed that Aiden was thrown under the bus for it to happen. Kudos to both KA and DC in the scenes.

Please do not tell me that what we've seen of the bicentennial celebration is all we are gonna see. If so, this is a huge epic fail!

I sure hope that the scene of Brady getting into bed with Theresa is just a dream. It makes zero sense otherwise considering their last conversation.

I was so surprised to see Bo walk into the house at the end.....NOT! His raging antics over Hope getting married were annoyingly over the top.

Count me in on the "Hating Abigail" fan club. Here is why....

1. Unlike others, she is adored by the whole town no matter what her actions are. If she received the same treatment as Nicole, Sami, or Kate I could possibly soften toward her a little.

2. Her way of taking responsibility for her actions is admitting what she did but when confronted by someone she wronged, she attacks them either by words or slapping. It takes the focus off of her wrongdoing and focuses on the retaliation by the wronged person.

3. She appears to be very self centered. Her actions toward JJ after Paige being murdered are a perfect example.

• Love 9

Count me in on the "Hating Abigail" fan club. Here is why....

1. Unlike others, she is adored by the whole town no matter what her actions are. If she received the same treatment as Nicole, Sami, or Kate I could possibly soften toward her a little.

She'll have to add any combination of  two or more of the following crimes to be comparable to Sami, Nicole, or Kate: kidnapping, rape, murder, attempted murder, treason, or bribery.  She could also be responsible for a major character losing a limb and change a paternity test or two.

Other characters have historically done bad things and still remained liked/were supported by friends and family: Brady, Melanie, Chelsea, Stephanie, Carrie, Phillip, Will, even Gabi. I think those characters and their mistakes/crimes are more on par with Abigail and hers than the established bad seeds of the show. The people who were wronged by them eventually got over whatever was done to them and they all moved on. That's the standard I hold her to, and it keeps me sane.

• Love 1

I do think Abby can be redeemed and I don’t want to see another legacy character killed off but she needs to be recast and be off screen for a while. When she comes back she needs to have people side eye her the way they side eyed Chad when he came back to town. Maybe she could bring a back from the dead Will back with her. With her background she could become a great grey character, she just needs to be treated as a grey character instead of the special snowflake princess.

Edited by mscav
  • Love 4

She'll have to add any combination of  two or more of the following crimes to be comparable to Sami, Nicole, or Kate: kidnapping, rape, murder, attempted murder, treason, or bribery.  She could also be responsible for a major character losing a limb and change a paternity test or two.

Other characters have historically done bad things and still remained liked/were supported by friends and family: Brady, Melanie, Chelsea, Stephanie, Carrie, Phillip, Will, even Gabi. I think those characters and their mistakes/crimes are more on par with Abigail and hers than the established bad seeds of the show. The people who were wronged by them eventually got over whatever was done to them and they all moved on. That's the standard I hold her to, and it keeps me sane.

None of these people are propped the way Abifail is or were made the center of a serial killer story so we will feel sympathy for her and forget how she's treated Serial Killer and Chad. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 8

I do think Abby can be redeemed and I don’t want to see another legacy character killed off but she needs to be recast and be off screen for a while. When she comes back she needs to have people side eye her the way they side eyed Chad when he came back to town. Maybe she could bring a back from the dead Will back with her. With her background she could become a great grey character, she just needs to be treated as a grey character instead of the special snowflake princess.

You said that perfectly.

• Love 3

http://www.jason47.com/days/2015episodes.html

2015 Episode Rankings:

1. Billy Flynn (Chad DiMera) 120

2. Kate Mansi (Abigail Deveraux) 116

3. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 106

4. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 105

5. Guy Wilson (Will Horton) 103

No wonder the ratings have sucked most of this year. With the exception of Ari Zucker and lesser degree Billy Flynn, none of these people bring viewers to the screen. I know Ive tuned out most of this year once Alison and James left for good.

• Love 2

The character of Abby would be improved with a recast because I have no doubt that an actress with moderate skill would be able to make her more sympathetic.  KM has little to no ability to do that because even when Abby was attempting to cry when she realized she was pregnant and didn't know who the dad was, she still came across as entitled and unlikeable.

I yelled for Hope to get away from Aiden and I cheered when she fought him so valiantly.  I don't care if Ben tortures Abby, makes her cry by cutting her hair or lets her loose in Horton Square to make her way home.  I don't care what happens to the character and the show needs to realize that putting someone this charisma-free and talentless at the center of storylines in the kiss of death.

• Love 8

I don't care if Ben tortures Abby, makes her cry by cutting her hair or lets her loose in Horton Square to make her way home.  I don't care what happens to the character and the show needs to realize that putting someone this charisma-free and talentless at the center of storylines in the kiss of death.

Are you saying it wasn't a good idea to make Abifail the center of a serial killer story and have irrelevant Ben be the killer? That's crazy. 

At this point I'm not sure if the character is at all salvageable even with a recast. They would have to find a VERY compelling actress and give the character a personality transplant to make me soften towards this freak.

• Love 8

Look I made one comment about the lack of logic and reasoning for Ben being the killer and his rationale behind it. And that his trigger for doing so would certainly be pulled again.

It turned it why am I blaming Abigail? Why am I slut shaming her? All this stuff putting words in my mouth. But those comments not provoked, lets say inspired, people to say why they disliked her. I'm friends with someone who was on a reality show and detested by many. I don't go on the forum and say "why don't you like him?" Or ask them to defend their stance. It doesn't bother me (or him) but it did irritate me I wouldn't invite more commentary or question them. People like who they like and dislike others. That is what keeps the threads interesting and fun IMHO. I like Sami many dont. I've "liked" or laughed at comments and shade thrown to the character many times its shown in this thread. I like Kate and thrown shade her way.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 9

Shh dont put thar into the ether.

I dont think it would be a good to kill two Hortons, young ones at that, in a short period of time. I would prefer a total recast of Abby. A wishful cast would be having Adrianne León playing Abby. She was great as Brook Lynn on GH and since GH isnt trying to bring her back let Days scoop her up. I could see her and Billy having amazing chemistry.

I love Adrienne Leon. She is a good actress. I would have casted her  as Theresa/Jeannie and Jennifer Lilley as a recast Stefanie.....

• Love 5

I definitely think the response to Abigail is heightened here, but when you look even purely at how she's been featured in the 50th anniversary you have to point out the absurdity. Veteran characters with interesting plots, like Abe discovering his daughter, get one or two scenes in a week while Abigail is routinely the focus of almost every episode in spite of all of the aforementioned points.

I have seen other ingenue type female characters get a lot of screen time on soaps - Another World's Sofia comes to mind - but it was rarely at the expense of the veteran characters. And Sofia was definitely not the focus of big anniversary episodes.

Abigail is everywhere. Any character who swallows a show tends to get extreme reactions.

• Love 7

I get it. I was that way with Melanie. It wasn't character propping enough to turn a decent character from a major core family into a nutjob for her and completely forget how awful a person she was when they introduced her to the show, they had to retcon her paternity to give her permanent ties to Salem. It happens all of the time, and at least with Abigail, her propping is coming from disposable characters now, so I don't have that to hold against her.

Ambivalence towards Abigail has paid off. I'm enjoying the show, and think KM's doing a competent job. Competent being enough, as we've long been forced to endure actors who are in way over their heads while in front and center story lines.

After the 50th hoopla dies down, I hope that we can continue to see Kayla and other vets featured heavily. I know a lot of you hate all things Horton, but I'd  like to see more of them come around. The returns have been heavy on the Brady side of things, and with a new teen scene coming on, it'd be good timing to reintroduce Mike or Melissa and whatever family they have roaming around.

• Love 4

Stefanie, Nick and Chelsea were thrown under the bus for Melanie...The same thing was done to Will for Paul....The one good thing that I will say about Abigail is at least she is a legacy child..I hate it when legacy characters are sacrificed in order to prop new characters that the writers have a hard on for..It is why so many hate that Doctor Tan....There is a long list of characters that were sacrificed for him....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I am damn annoyed that Aiden died without letting Hope or Bo know about the DiMeras and their plot to free Chad.  I liked Rafe's reaction that Aiden's killing Hope with a red necktie didn't make any sense and I also liked that he didn't want to tell Bo that Will was dead--nicely played.

I think Sami is so desperate for EJ to be alive and is on a quest to find him because she doesn't want to deal with her grief over Will so she is burying it.  I did like her moment of telling John and Marlena that she loved them and then she hugged them--also nicely played.

Every conversation between Kayla and Steve is so fraught with history and emotion and it shows you what great actors MBE and SN are.  KA and PR have that lovely chemistry as well.

And then we get to watch a black faced KM listen to Ben rattle on about his Chad hate--riveting stuff I tell you :)

• Love 9

Dear John - you are an ASS. You KNOW people aren't always dead in Salemverse, and Sami wasn't asking for your "professional advice". What exactly do you even DO for the NSA? Detect farts? Then go find Abigail. She's left a trail of BS a mile wide.

KA is breaking my heart today. Poor DC, too. :(

The Bible thing is hilarious because why would EJ - EJ!!!! - use a bible for anything? And now she's....off to Paris, I guess? I'm getting dizzy trying to follow this plotline. Have we even seen this priest before?

So to recap, the official Anniversary day is spent watching Hope get rescued by her deserting husband from her loving husband that just tried to murder her, Kayla finding out her deserting husband has brought more terror into their lives, Sami clinging to the hope that her rapist husband is still alive, and Abigail having to fake sex with her murdering fiancé, while pregnant, to try and escape his clutches.

I get that they are spreading out all of the big stuff over the course of the month, but I still think the show deserves a little bit more respect on its anniversary day then to be so deeply entrenched in such misogynistic material.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

The Bo and Aiden fight was good, Aiden can't fight for shit! No wonder his last resort was the gun. Kristian Alfonso is slaying the scenes.

John really isn't going to look into this huh! The ISA and cops on this show use to be so smart.

The mascara tear from Hope you all! Kristian has decided to cry finally and she picked a perfect time.

• Love 2

So, this the actual anniversary day (really yesterday) and, we got a murder, Sammi being kidnapped again & Steve & Kayla arguing through the whole episode in the hospital?! WTF was that?!?!? I'm guessing last week with the 2 flashbacks were it? Is Ken Corday on drugs? The toast at the wedding was nice but what about whole week of flashbacks. I mean the show has been on 50 freaking years. At least, show the original opening from 50 years ago. #Epic Failure.

• Love 5

So that was underwhelming.  Maybe it was just me, but I expected more for the anniversary episode.  Perhaps I was spoiled by the spoilers, but when they said the killer would be revealed on the anniversary, I expected something big to happen at the gala.   But today the gala was over.  And the killer reveal is just the assumption that it is Aiden.

The Bo and Hope scenes, were the best, but even then I kept thinking "Bo!  Shouldn't you call 911."   

The Sami scenes kept cutting into the Bo & Hope scenes.  And I kept thinking "why is the pub still open?"  Isn't it well past midnight?  And why is Stefano not tucked into bed for the night by now?   

And the Abigail and Ben scenes, plus Chad's, added nothing to progression of the storyline and could have happened another day.    And they've gone and broken up Steve and Kayla again, already.

I just feel after today, the "must see tv" feeling I've had about the show for the past couple months is starting to go away.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1

Even, the gala was underwhelming. I really expected so much with the gala leading into the anniversary. I just can't believe they didn't sit around and talk about such & such & then cut to the scenes. Michael Logan has done a better job by having the cast members give their favorite episodes & then actually show the scenes. If Michael Logan can get his hands on the videos I'm sure Ken Korday & NBC could, too. Today's show should have had Doug, Julie & Maggie looking through the photo album (not like the two minutes from last week) and, talking, laughing & crying over the memories. Also, they should have had at least 10 minutes of Tom & Alice Horton. It was just an ordinary episode today that they could have done on any given day. Such a disappointment.

• Love 6

Fare thee well, Aiden.  What a shame.  And so much worse because it all doesn't make sense, at least to me.  Why do Andre and Stefano want Hope dead so badly?  Why didn't Aiden go underground with Chase, or go to one of the many ISA people in town, to tell them of the plot to kill Hope?

It was interesting that that they had parallel "my husband is a crazy killer" plots, with Hope being attacked by Aiden and Abbifail being handcuffed to the bed by Ben.  I wonder if Show will at least gives us the small win of being able to see everyone in town astounded by these truths.

I hope we find out Aiden killed his first wife, cause otherwise, this storyline is stupid.

Is Stefano ever going to find out that Clyde had EJ killed?  And that would make the Ben reveal so much better, because Clyde came to town because of Ben, and Kate was complicit.  Will Jordan feel bad that her brother killed those people because of her best friend Abbifail?

• Love 8

So to recap, the official Anniversary day is spent watching Hope get rescued by her deserting husband from her loving husband that just tried to murder her, Kayla finding out her deserting husband has brought more terror into their lives, Sami clinging to the hope that her rapist husband is still alive, and Abigail having to fake sex with her murdering fiancé, while pregnant, to try and escape his clutches.

I get that they are spreading out all of the big stuff over the course of the month, but I still think the show deserves a little bit more respect on its anniversary day then to be so deeply entrenched in such misogynistic material.

This whole 50th has been bullshit and stupid.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3

So Hope screams like that in the hospital room and no one from the hospital comes in to see what's happening to a woman who was attacked earlier?  Yikes.  

And, they leave her in a hospital bed in her blood covered clothing which wasn't removed as evidence at the very least??  What the hell?

So - hmmm….they think Aiden was the serial killer, let Chad out, someone else gets murdered and then it's back to them thinking it's Chad?  I just want the whole thinking it's Chad thing to come to an end already.  I can't believe no one even contemplated the fact that Aiden may have used the tie to fool them?  That's pathetic 

I wanted to see Kayla call her mother immediately after learning Bo was alive - (1) to apologize for thinking her mother was lying and (2) to obviously let the mother know!  Too much stupid - over and over….

So, Sami will now be held off screen until they decide to bring her back to guest again?   

• Love 6

Poor Daniel Cosgrove.  He deserved so much better.  I really liked Hope and Aiden's cliche-free, mature, but still sexy relationship and will miss them as a couple. At least KA got the opportunity to do some great work today, and the fight between Bo and Aiden was well done. Hopefully my favorite green pillow didn't get fake blood all over it.

You'd think that KM would be able to do some serious emoting with those over-sized eyes of hers, but no.  They're just as cold and blank as the rest of her.  Abigail only seems inconvenienced that she's being held hostage by a psycho killer.  I haven't seen the slightest bit of maternal concern, either.  I guess that's not surprising since she didn't show much interest in the baby before finding out about that Ben was homicidal.

I'm grateful that MBE's Kayla isn't used solely as a prop for Abigail anymore and am looking forward to whatever story they're going to do with her and Steve.

Like some others, I was hoping there would be a ton of flashbacks.  What's the point of celebrating a show's history if the history of the show isn't part of the celebration? 

ETA:  AS looked so pretty today.  Was this her final day for awhile?

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 6

Im still annoyed by John!

Really?? Hes ISA and trying to play stupid with Sami. I mean I know John can be slightly inept at times but him and Marlena should know first hand if one is presumed dead in Salem, they really arent dead. Why are these writers trying to make these characters purposely stupid is beyond me.

• Love 5

I don't give a damn about EJ. Where are the Sam/Lucas/Kate scenes?

What a lame anniversary celebration. Murderm kidnapping, and mayhem should not be the focus of a soap celebrating it's 50th anniversary. Where is the love? And who thought it would be a good idea to make Abifail and Serial Killer the center of things?

• Love 8

Could they please lighten up the fight scenes so that we can actually see what's going on?

It's bugging the hell out of me that Sami is only concerned about EJ and not her son who was just murdered. Or even Chad, who everybody thinks is his murderer.  Has she ever said "I love you, John" before?

Er, Bo, quit saying, "Let the police handle it."  Hope is the police. I see Bo managed to change out of his bloody clothes at the hospital, but Hope is still in hers.

The Ben and Abigail love making scenes were squicky as hell.

• Love 5

I'm going to miss Daniel Cosgrove and I think it's really too bad that Aiden had to be trashed. I would like to see him on another show or primetime. He certainly is a capable actor and very believable. 

IA that nurses would be flying into that room with all the screaming. Her clothing wouldn't have been left on her and she would have been cleaned up instead of left with her mascara all over face and blood on her arms/hands. Geez!

• Love 6

I'm hoping Daniel Cosgrove will be nuBilly Abbott on Y&R but I think I read he doesn't want to be a recast again. He's done too many times.mthats why I liked him on Days. He has a lot of charm, can act and he's still good looking after all of these years. Both he & DePavia got the Corday shaft!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 7

I think at this point KM might be sleep-walking through the role. Before, I think she might have at least been trying. She's in a meaty storyline, but seems kind of low-energy lately. She seemed to be at her highest level of energy when she gets to contort her face and body in weird ways for love scenes, but when it comes to having to act out other stuff she seems kind of lethargic. 

I thought she should have looked more shocked or scared of Ben when she realized that, uh, she's been sleeping with a killer willing to kill for her, but it just seemed like she just got a bad bottle of Kaopectate into her stomach. And maybe not even that.... Is that why the scene was lit so dark??? Were the directors hoping we couldn't see the acting reaction....which seemed to consist of nothing?  I don't think even Austin would have had such a bad case of duh-face in this storyline. And even though I make fun of KM and Abigail, I do think she can walk and talk at the same time (unlike, say, Austin Peck) so I was a little surprised at how bad I was finding her acting.  Even by what I'm used to from her, I wasn't expecting her to be this terrible.

Normally, I would feel really scared for a woman  in this kind of storyline, but since she herself seemed so not scared at all, I wasn't having much of a reaction. I was expecting to feel concerned for Abigail's safety, but instead I felt as blank as KM looked in her scenes. Although tomorrow is another day. Maybe her acting will be better tomorrow??

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

I was a bit torn today because the show was packed with a lot of excitement that it generally lacks any other time and I generally enjoyed the hour, yet it didn't seem like a 50th anniversary episode at all. (Hello, where where the flashbacks and fond remembrances???)

So forgetting that it's the big 50th for a moment and just focusing on the day's episode....

-I'm glad they finally gave Steve a legitimate reason for being gone and leaving his family behind. I'm not sure if I'm going to like where this story is headed but I'll give the new writers points for trying to fix the crappy out-of-character writing of the previous years. I also enjoyed them arguing in the middle of the hospital while nurses looked on. It was very reminisce of their early days of public arguments. 

-I realized that I apparently never connected w/Aiden's character when I was more devastated over Hope's gorgeous house being trashed than her new husband being beaten to death.  

-Andre and Stefano's gaping proclamation of "Bo?" was hilarious. 

-The words "EJ is alive" literally made my day. I was giddy right along side Sami. Now if only they don't screw this up when AS exits again. 

The fact people love to hate her so much is probably why she's on so much, people can't stop talking about her all the time. 

No, I simply hate her. I don't love to hate her, I just want her off my TV screen. 

Since she was so publicly against Will's death and didn't even want to appear for it but did it for the story of Sami needing to be there, I think it would believe she'd be ok with being all about EJ. May be they did it to appease her? Or appease the fans, but nothing EJ related should have been in this Will death other than mentions that they were close.

Ejami may not be a popular couple on this board but they did have a large fan base who were literally screwed over most of the last year AS and JS were on the show. The writers had the perfect opportunity w/both actors leaving to write them an HEA and basically went the exact opposite route.  I quit watching then and I'm sure I wasn't the only viewer that did. So I suspect the new writers are trying to right a few wrongs from last year, not to mention leave room for a possible future return. As an Ejami fan, I'll take what I can get before I abandon the show again.  The EJ letter mini storyline much more showcases Sami's spunk and adds some vibrancy to an otherwise depressing plot. If only it couldn't have played out as a full fledged storyline. But either way, kudos to AS if she insisted they satisfy the fan base. 

Please do not tell me that what we've seen of the bicentennial celebration is all we are gonna see. If so, this is a huge epic fail!

I was wondering the same thing!  Is that it? All that talk and it's like 2 episodes?

So Hope screams like that in the hospital room and no one from the hospital comes in to see what's happening to a woman who was attacked earlier?  Yikes.  And, they leave her in a hospital bed in her blood covered clothing which wasn't removed as evidence at the very least??A  What the hell?

I thought that was very strange too. Apparently the Salem hospital has a shortage of gowns....or Caroline took off with the last one. ;-)

• Love 7

Lame 50th.  This is just sad.

They are teasing the Ejami fans just like they are the Bope fans.  The problem is, the viewers know Peter Reckell (Bo) is only back temporarily, James Scott (EJ) has not agreed to return at all yet, and Alison Sweeney is only visiting.  I hope Ken Corday has to beg and grovel to get JS back, JS takes a video of it, and posts it on YouTube.

Bye Aiden, you will be missed.

Why can't I have Sami/Kate/Lucas scenes?  Sami, Kate, and Lucas working together to find Will's real killer because they don't believe Chad killed Will, is a story that could have written itself.

• Love 7

The character of Abigail doesn't really inspire the hate in me, so, I can roll with this story. I mean it has it's problems, like if she's really been in

love with Chad, why didn't she just break it off with Ben? As others have pointed out, it's not the 50s, you don't have to marry the father of the child to save face. Other than that, I'll take her and Chad as a love story.

I never really got on the Aiden love train, so I really can't say I cared one way or another about his fate. I think it'll be interesting to see a story about Hope trying to mother an orphaned boy whose father tried to murder her. If that's where they go with it.

I can't believe how little Taniel has been on the show lately. I don't miss him.

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 2

While I can't say this show has a reputation for subtlety, it was pretty clear that Sammy was redirecting her energy towards EJ instead of Will. Sad that the same can pretty much be said of their relationship when he was still alive.

Rick, is that really the first time she said that to John? I was surprised she said it at all given how he'd just spoken to her...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Exactly! This is the anniversary of misery. I feel like Ken Corday is shoving his unresolved parental issues down our throats. I can almost hear him cackling, "This show was your true baby mom and dad. I'll show you by crapping all over the actors, the viewers and the show. That'll teach you to write a script on my birthday!"

These Salem women use to love when these men lived dangerously. Now Kayla dont want Patch to save her son. Sit down girl.

Saving Joey is one thing. It's another thing for Joey's life to be in danger because of Steve, Steve to have known this danger was there and still come back into their lives because he decided he wants his family back. I agree with Kayla, if Steve is the danger and he decided to walk away, then he needs to own that decision and stay away. Now having been rational here and undertaken a pro-Kayla rant previously, I will say this. Kayla needs to go back to being ride or die, all day every-day for Steve because more than four months of Steve and Kayla at odds is simply more than I can take.

-I'm glad they finally gave Steve a legitimate reason for being gone and leaving his family behind. I'm not sure if I'm going to like where this story is headed but I'll give the new writers points for trying to fix the crappy out-of-character writing of the previous years. I also enjoyed them arguing in the middle of the hospital while nurses looked on. It was very reminisce of their early days of public arguments.

-Andre and Stefano's gaping proclamation of "Bo?" was hilarious.

-No, I simply hate her. I don't love to hate her, I just want her off my TV screen.

-I thought that was very strange too. Apparently the Salem hospital has a shortage of gowns....or Caroline took off with the last one. ;-)

1) I have a feeling that as is the case with previous storylines, Kayla will be cast in the role of long-suffering and eternally forgiving to the latest Steve-rooted mess in her life. Perhaps we'll be treated to yet another Kayla walks in on Steve in bed with another woman scene. Those never get old -- Not!

I know, some of their best fights were the in the middle of the hospital fights. It got to the point where everyone simply ignored them and was just like "Oh , it's just Steve and Kayla fighting again." One of the best of these scenes involved first Jack, Kayla says something to Steve in Jack's defense and storms off. Steve chases after her screaming KAYLA at the top of his lungs as Kimberly is walking by and simply says, "Hi Steve." That moment always encapsulated the nature of their connection.

2) I just love JM and TP so much. I'm just thrilled to have them together on canvass for however long it lasts.

3) As currently written and portrayed, I feel the same way about Jennifer's daughter. Perhaps being back-burnered and recast would help (cause as things stand they definitely killed the wrong Horton and nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise).

4) The thought of Caroline in that butt ugly dress made from old drapes with her hospital gown under it was too much. I mean looking like that anywhere other than Salem would buy you a ticket to the booby-hatch.

Buffynut: Steve and Kayla haven't been together since he dumped her in Africa. They are divorced and have barely managed a civil conversation since his return. It was Justin and Adrienne who had the "we're together on Monday and over by Wednesday" reunion.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 7

I haven't even paid that much attention to the Sami/EJ story since her stay was short term and he will probably never come back.  It's such a shame, too, because JS and AZ were smokin' and IMO he's one of the sexiest men to have ever been on daytime TV.

Normally, I would feel really scared for a woman  in this kind of storyline, but since she herself seemed so not scared at all, I wasn't having much of a reaction. I was expecting to feel concerned for Abigail's safety, but instead I felt as blank as KM looked in her scenes. Although tomorrow is another day. Maybe her acting will be better tomorrow??

Don't count on it.  Today I found her sausage-fingered man-hands more interesting that anything else she did.  Mean but true!

• Love 4

Exactly! This is the anniversary of misery. I feel like Ken Corday is shoving his unresolved parental issues down our throats. I can almost hear him cackling, "This show was your true baby mom and dad. I'll show you by crapping all over the actors, the viewers and the show. That'll teach you to write a script on my birthday!"

1) I have a feeling that as is the case with previous storylines, Kayla will be cast in the role of long-suffering and eternally forgiving to the latest Steve-rooted mess in her life. Perhaps we'll be treated to yet another Kayla walks in on Steve in bed with another woman scene. Those never get old -- Not!

I think you might be on to something in regards to Corday. Freud would have had a field day with this man! 

Wait, did Kayla actually have to witness him in bed with OW during their last return? Admittedly, I bailed on the show back then when it was obvious that TPTB were foiling their long awaited reunion that time. So perhaps I don't really want to know what happened since it sounds like I was lucky enough to skip out on it in time.

I haven't even paid that much attention to the Sami/EJ story since her stay was short term and he will probably never come back.  It's such a shame, too, because JS and AZ were smokin' and IMO he's one of the sexiest men to have ever been on daytime TV.

Amen!  Despite the numerous writing flaws with them as a couple, the actors have amazing chemistry together and JS is quite a treat both in body and voice. I'm a sucker for that dashing English accent :)

• Love 4

Wait, did Kayla actually have to witness him in bed with OW during their last return? Admittedly, I bailed on the show back then when it was obvious that TPTB were foiling their long awaited reunion that time. So perhaps I don't really want to know what happened since it sounds like I was lucky enough to skip out on it in time.

Yes, it was actually quite an awful scene. She walks in on Steve in bed with Ava, and the door locks behind her, so she can't even get out of the room. Steve's trying to explain as Ava looks smug and triumphant.

• Love 3