Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Ben having the brain cells to put together to frame Chad like what is being done with the blackouts and the flower from the Dimera garden, the key card etc.. would be shocking to me since he's never been shown that smart. He's been shown a fly off the handle hot head but not a smart calculating plotter. 

Even his Abby stalking app was seeds planted by his father. 

• Love 2

I couldn't agree more, I read somewhere that when the cast found out who the killer is the cast was shocked as well, I can't see any of them being surprised by ben or clyde. It's to conventional

I think we're in the red herring stage -- meaning that the NeckTie killer is one person (Ben or Clyde, definitely) and that will lead the cops one way. Meanwhile, there's another killer in the wings, and I think that person is the one that will be the shocking reveal. 

• Love 3

Dammit, the Pope is interfering again.  :(

But at least only ten minutes.

Rafe needs to recuse himself from the investigation into Paige's murder now that he knows she was his sister.

Gabi didn't know Eddie was her father?

Please, please, please, make Kate/Nicole/Theresa a thing?  Please? And Nicole, why would it be a bad thing for Kate to try to kill Stefano?

Who's the creepy guy with the beard in Chad's flashback?

That was a pretty song, any idea who sang it?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Stupid NBC!!!! Yesterday they cut off the show with five minutes left, and today with nine minutes left.  And just when the figure was about to go after Marlena! 

Anyway, today was another pretty good day!  KdP and GG were really, really good.  Someone finally made the effort to connect Eve to other people in Salem in an organic, believable way and then Days goes and lets KdP go.  So stupid and disappointing.  KdP and GG have great friend chemistry, and it would have been nice to see Eve take on a motherly role with Gabi.  Eve would've had another connection to Kate as well.

I also enjoyed Kate and Nicole, and while I love Nicole she was way out of line recounting Kate's sins and misdeeds.  She's certainly no saint!

At least Chad remembers that he has an alibi of sorts.  Now he just needs to find the hobo on the docks. 

As much as Abigail deserves a smackdown, I can't get much enjoyment out of it.  KM is so horrible that none of Abby's reactions seem genuine.  And when her terrible acting doesn't take me out of a scene, her face does.  From the side it looks extremely long and thin, but from the front its wide and plump.  WTF?

• Love 9

That was one hell of an episode, again.  Eve and Rafe - Rafe!!, I'm praising Rafe!! - were great, just great.  As were the glances between Eddie and Kate.  She does have shit taste in men but at least she's consistent.

And I don't believe I'm saying this, but STFU, Nicole.  Dr Tan the Dan Man has infected you with the stink of self-righteousness and it doesn't suit you.   Kate was remarkably restrained, which should worry Nicole just a bit.

Chad and Marlena, very good.  Abigail getting busted by Ben, well, that was comedy gold.  As you all said, finally, somebody tells her what a worthless sack she is, which I think means Ben MUST BE DESTROYED.  Nobody gets to tell Abigail the truth.  Then she hopped off like the sad Kangaroo she is.  (Can Kate Mansi BE a worse actress??)  

Justin and Adrienne have a long ways to go before I'm investing in those two. 

Okay, guys, off to Indiana to terrorize my nearest and dearest tonight for a week.  I don't know if or when I'll be checking in, and typing on a Kindle Fire is a pain, so take care of yourselves.  

Luckily, only two of my family qualify as Hortons, and as luck would have it, the daughter who disappointed them more than they can say will be there and I can't WAIT to see her again.

The rest of my family fall into Horton wannabes and Horton couldn't-give-a-shits.  Pretty good bunch, all told.

But nowhere has anyone named a square after us, though I think there is a law or two on the books with our name attached....

Be good!!

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

That's on my screen right now and I'm so proud of Ben (never thought I'd say that). He's a little slow to catch on, that's for sure; he seriously should have seen this coming after the way she chased after another Dimera penis, but better late than never. 

The hair department did not skimp on Kayla back in the day. She always looked so stunning.  

I wanted more flashback yesterday though. I thought they had the perfect seugway into an old flashback of Steve playing the harmonica, but missed it.

But alas, we know no one is allowed to chastise or castigate the most AMAZING person to ever breath air in Salem. After that scene and what came next I said, "Of course, Ben will be the killer because no one who isn't deranged and dangerous would dare to challenge the chosen one. His actions will make her actions justifiable and serve to absolve her of any wrongdoing."

I always loved Kayla and Stve's hair. Even if they were on the run and living out of a trash can, their hair was big, flowing and wind blown.

I loved the scenes with KDP. Once again, she and AM elevated Rafe -- take note that Higley's Rafe propping is now in full swing. How the showrunners could watch scenes like these and still make the decision they did is beyond me.

I liked Kate and Nicole's scenes. The recounting of Kate's evil doings was hilarious because of who was hurling the insults. Glass houses much Nicole. Kate's response was golden because she just had this, "I'm not even going to go tit for tat with you sister" look on her face. Loved it.

• Love 8

I think we're in the red herring stage -- meaning that the NeckTie killer is one person (Ben or Clyde, definitely) and that will lead the cops one way. Meanwhile, there's another killer in the wings, and I think that person is the one that will be the shocking reveal.

I too suspect this will be the case. Killer A will be caught as Killer B is getting under way and it will be the second killer who will be of relevance to the show. Making it okay from a show perspective for Killer A to be obvious.

• Love 5

Damn if Eve didn't have me tearing up again. I've heard of KdP over the years and heard she was a good actress but given the whole JJ debaucle I wasn't seeing much of it. Glad she's having a chance to shine.  She's so compelling now.

I always loved Kayla and Stve's hair. Even if they were on the run and living out of a trash can, their hair was big, flowing and wind blown.

Aww yeah, they had the best 80's hair.

• Love 9

So I caught up. Eddie showed up to Salem as a character rather well. That rarely happens in Salem. 

Yes, Nicole needs to have a seat regarding Miss Kate. Lady Nicole, you are Kate Jr. more than Sami is.

Marlena's hypnosis worked? Hospital security is as good as the Salem PD solving a case.

Aidan can't buy a coffee now? Bitch fell hard.

• Love 2

I'm a Hoosier too!!   Boes have a safe trip - we are having wonderful weather here.

Love Nicole's dress - can't say that I paid attention to her convo with Kate though

So we know have confirmation that Chad is not the killer - it did look like he was fighting with a homeless man.    So we saw the killer - wasn't paying attention to see who it actually looked like - Ben being the killer would makes sense especially with his hatred for Chad but I'll be surprised if that's who it turns out to be.

Still amazes me that it seems like Adrienne doesn't even know her brother is in town - it's like she's in her own little Kiriakis bubble.

I enjoyed the scenes with Eve & Rafe - it's nice they are finally getting her out of her Horton hatred bubble to interact with other people.

I'm assuming the reason why Gabi didn't recognize Eduardo was he must have left when she was really little & they didn't have any pics of him around the house?    It's the only reason I can think of as to why she wouldn't know who he was.

• Love 3

Safe travels, boes, we'll look forward to when you're back and catch up : )

Both Clyde and Ben have the same body type -- tall, lean, muscular -- so I'm torn between the two Necktie suspects. I think we may find out today? 

• Love 1

I agree with those who think there maybe two killers.  This is just my speculation, but if it's Ben, then I believe Clyde is doing clean up for him.  Then there will turn out to be another killer who does a copycat killing to get rid of someone who is causing problems.  Once the neck tie killer is sent to prison or killed off, this killer and the person they killed will be revealed, and that is where the real story will start.  Of course, this is Days that is saddled with Ken Corday and his incompetence, and the idiot writers so they will probably eff up this SL to.

I'm fine with Sami, Kate, and Nicole snarking at each other.  It's always funny, even if Nicole does need a big dose of STFU, you have done just as many bad things.

• Love 5

I would LOVE a Kate/Nicole/Theresa team. Snarky and fun.

I think it's Ben with Clyde either inadvertently covering up for him to mess with Chad...or he actually knows it's Ben and he's helping him (Chad framing being a bonus).

• Love 2

I wanted to let off fireworks when Ben nailed Abifail on her crap! I loved it! Of course, I have the feeling that he will be thrown under the murder bus for it. Abby will become a victim and be coddled as always.

Edited by jlrd2000
  • Love 7

I like Nicole - she's been one of the few bright spots on this show in recent years - but someone get her a large dose of STFU, stat! I agree she's clearly been around Dr Dan too long, and has contracted Holier-Than-Thou-itis from him. Sheesh. Loved Kate's cool as a cucumber stare - she is the queen of those looks. All she needs is a giant hat and she'd be Dorian Cramer levels of cool (I seem to be extra nostalgic for OLTL lately, so everyone please bear with me, lol)

Also had to laugh at Nicole's snippy voice mail to Teresa, since a few Salem hours ago she was all sugary, "Oh I'm so sorry about Paige." Well, we always knew Salemites have short attention spans and faulty short-term memories.

Wow, Boston Ben's accent sure came out during his fight with Abifail. "You said you'd stay away from this bastahd! He's wicked retahded!" I don't remember hearing the accent come out on AMC, nor do I remember him being this awful acting-wise (pleasantly bland, sure, but not cringe-inducing). I suspect its his constant proximity to KM that's dragging him down.

Oh no Marlena!! I was actually disappointed when the show ended. It's an odd feeling, I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Save her, Chad! Quick!

KdP continues to turn in some of the best performances this show has seen in years. She even made Rafe interesting, for crying out loud. And her hair is awesome as always.

• Love 7

Kassie has elevated the show in so many ways...She is just divine, superb, sublime and she is making me sympathetic to Eve's pain....I loved Eve with the adults..I would love her to join the ladies at Basic Black....I loved her vibe with Kate....

• Love 7

The role of Dr. Dan will now be played by Nicole?

What the fucking fuck?

Is Brady going to talk her down from this highest of horses she's planted herself on? I mean, Nicole going down the list of Kate's many sins while Kate just sits there and drinks her martini and is all 'you were venting, I understand that can be very therapeutic so I was just letting you do that' only for Nicole to get more huffy and ratchet her high horse up even higher... that was amusing but that's not going to last particularly long.

Ooo... unless Nicole brings Daniel with her and Kate just does the cool, calm, collected at the both of them.

Which just made me think that Daniel will probably be the actual reason Nicole rethinks her high horse. He'll be all 'Yes, well, this doesn't surprise me. I mean, you and Kate and Theresa all working together? That's yet another recipe for disaster! Listen to my pearls of wisdom, woman!' and Nicole will have to grit her teeth to prove him wrong. Again.

KDP's Eve continues to be rather wonderful but it's also pretty clear that they've just got her playing the role of grieving mother until her time runs out. It's frustrating because being allowed to interact with adults and be outside of the Horton Circle of Hell and having something to talk about other than the inexplicable and completely negating actual history of constantly spitting 'JJ is just like his FATHER' has allowed her to show more of her stuff. And as much as she can play the tears and rage, she's actually pretty damn good at comedic stories as well. Basically, whatever story they wanted to tell, she could tell it. So it's annoying to know that this is just a slow circling of the drain, so to speak. I know there's a petition out there to keep her around... if anyone wants it I'm sure I can find the link.

Justin and Adrienne... I feel like I would be more invested in their attempt to try again if they didn't keep talking about how it's for their grown up, adult kids who aren't even in Salem and could probably manage to deal with it if their parents weren't together. It all feels very... back handed. I know they have lots and lots of history but I'm just not feeling it. At all.

Unlike, say, Steve and Kayla who I am invested in and was invested in from just two seconds before I even started going back into their history. Their shared flashbacks and the "I'm coming home for good, Sweetness." I'm not made of stone, people. Those two just work.

And why does Adrienne have no idea that Steve's back? I haven't even gotten to her appearance on the playlist but I know they're brother and sister (people comment on this everywhere) and this is a huge gaping hole! Did she even mention Steve when she was showing Justin pictures of Sonny and sighing about taking it slow or whatever? I'm not feeling this reunion at all.

• Love 8

And why does Adrienne have no idea that Steve's back? I haven't even gotten to her appearance on the playlist but I know they're brother and sister (people comment on this everywhere) and this is a huge gaping hole! Did she even mention Steve when she was showing Justin pictures of Sonny and sighing about taking it slow or whatever? I'm not feeling this reunion at all.

If Sonny's mother were your sister would you be excited about seeing her? 

• Love 3

Eve randomly going to the Salem docks. When was the last time anyone went there?

By the way, is this the same Eve that was married to Shane?

Eve is Shane's daughter. 

Speaking of her parents, Days really needs to address them more in regards to their granddaughter's death. Where is Gabrielle??? She and Eve become close once they were reunited as mother and daughter. 

• Love 1

I'm a Hoosier too!!   Boes have a safe trip - we are having wonderful weather here.

I'm assuming the reason why Gabi didn't recognize Eduardo was he must have left when she was really little & they didn't have any pics of him around the house?    It's the only reason I can think of as to why she wouldn't know who he was.

Another Hoosier!  I was born in IN but haven't lived there in many years.  The fall color along the river is my most vivid memory from there ...

The bit where Rafe asked Eve how old Paige was when Eddie left was interesting and had to be significant.  Gabi is only a few years older than Paige, so what was Eddie doing in between families, and what's he been doing in the nine years or so since he left Eve and Paige?  Maybe Rafe is going to investigate, with the hope he's not going to find another family or two out there.  That could actually be an interesting story, and one that I don't recall a soap opera ever doing.

By the way, is this the same Eve that was married to Shane?

Eve is Shane's daughter and Kim's step-daughter.  Theresa (Jen Lilley) is Shane and Kim's daughter.

Wow, Boston Ben's accent sure came out during his fight with Abifail. "You said you'd stay away from this bastahd! He's wicked retahded!" I don't remember hearing the accent come out on AMC, nor do I remember him being this awful acting-wise (pleasantly bland, sure, but not cringe-inducing). I suspect its his constant proximity to KM that's dragging him down.

LOL!  The combination of him trying to cover his accent and the speed at which he talks make him difficult to understand.  I totally agree about KM.  She really does counteract the talent from her screen partners. 

• Love 5

KDP's Eve continues to be rather wonderful but it's also pretty clear that they've just got her playing the role of grieving mother until her time runs out. It's frustrating because being allowed to interact with adults and be outside of the Horton Circle of Hell and having something to talk about other than the inexplicable and completely negating actual history of constantly spitting 'JJ is just like his FATHER' has allowed her to show more of her stuff. And as much as she can play the tears and rage, she's actually pretty damn good at comedic stories as well. Basically, whatever story they wanted to tell, she could tell it. So it's annoying to know that this is just a slow circling of the drain, so to speak. I know there's a petition out there to keep her around... if anyone wants it I'm sure I can find the link.

So well said...and yes, I would like that link. Thank you Dandesun.

Wow, Boston Ben's accent sure came out during his fight with Abifail. "You said you'd stay away from this bastahd! He's wicked retahded!"

OMG...laughed til I cried on that one Maelstrom!  I'd say that for sure there were two out of three in that room who are indeed "wicked retahded" and neither is Chad.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 2

Man, but it was too good to be true--Ben now wants to leave town with Abby, and Abs being the wonderful self-sacrificing person she is, is willing to leave.  

Seriously, is she so desperate to be loved, so afraid to actually be on her own, that she's ready to leave her support system to go off to another state to prove to Ben she loves only him?  I don't like Ben, not one little bit--I think he's dangerously possessive--but is she really so pathetic that she'll jump through hoops to prove her worthiness? Then again, Abs does get off on Ben's jealously and she wants the rivalry to continue which is pretty damn twisted--Of course if Ben was smart, he'd dump her ass and if Abby had any dignity, she'd never put up with the jealous crap, but they're both such sick people, they're trying to stick out a relationship doomed from the beginning.

At least we had the bright spot of watching Clyde being menacing and Jenn look appropriately terrified--again, too gifted performers elevating their scenes through pure talent.

• Love 7

Here's what pisses me off about this show...

The killer is revealed after only two victims.

It's an obvious choice. 

And in the end it will all go down with more town pity for Abifail because she was engaged to him and too stupid to look under their bed.

On any other show Abby would most definitely be a victim--thematically the final one; but on this show KM must be screwing Ken Corday because there's no other explanation for how she stays on screen for so many hours a week when she's one of the most disliked characters by the fans.

Can I get a copy of the show with just the Steve/Kayla storyline now because everything else isn't worth tuning in for???This serial killer is a big flop. 

• Love 3

I think the story is just beginning...I think Ben is just the tip of the iceberg....We should wait before casting aspersions on the writers..I know that these writers do not inspire trust and confidence...I think we should wait..I actually think that Daniel is going to be the second killer...I saw an anvil today, Marlena was in her room and having a nightmare and she imagined the killer was there and then she saw Daniel looking very creepy and concern...It was well done...The music and the lighting were awesome and gave a creepiness to the show....

• Love 8

Hopefully there will be a better twist further down the road.

Jenn sure seemed relatively composed for someone whose son is possibly being threatened by the drug dealer who killed his girlfriend and whose daughter is now running away with said drug dealer's son.

And she's asking God to help them? A woman of action she is not.

Doesn't she need to resign from her position before skipping town? Or is she already on maternity leave?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Unlike, say, Steve and Kayla who I am invested in and was invested in from just two seconds before I even started going back into their history. Their shared flashbacks and the "I'm coming home for good, Sweetness." I'm not made of stone, people. Those two just work.

Yes. So much yes. These two are the reason I became a Days viewer in the first place. And I was ready to tune out for good when news broke that Higley the Destroyer was coming onboard - until I heard SN would be coming back. These two are pure magic, period.

I totally agree about KM.  She really does counteract the talent from her screen partners.

She's like a black hole of acting ability.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 5

Doesn't she need to resign from her position before skipping town? Or is she already on maternity leave?

It's not like the useless sack of skin does any work. I'm sure most people at the hospital don't even know she's supposed to work there.

So plastic mannequin is framing Chad for multiple murders...so he can keep Abifail. Really? Really? Really? He's killing people to keep that thing? A disloyal, nasty, lying, manipulative, cheating, vulgar, hateful, scheming piece of garbage. This is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. First Jack died saving IT's ass and not this. How many people have to die because of her. 

• Love 5

Normal rules don't apply to Abifail.  The Best Mom in the World will take care of it, and give her the job back anytime she wants.  Nor do they have to worry about getting their furniture out of the apartment.  

I'm not buying it, Ben is too stupid.  He doesn't even know enough to realize a bag full of air is going to float...  I thought he'd try to plant it on Chad.  He doesn't know chad is in that Invisible Room Abs Says Nobody Knows About on the docks. I guess Chad will have to eat out of garbage cans from now on?

Jenn, Jenn, Jenn, we told you pages ago that if there was ever a time for a family meeting it's now.  She's too worried about her honey's happiness to warn her not to marry into that family?  As has been said many times, she doesn't need to get married. Clearly Failure doesn't want to leave but Jenn thinks she's protecting her by telling her to be miserable and get out of town.  Well, ok then.  I can see her thinking keeping quiet protects JJ from getting found out because Failure is not one to keep her mouth shut. If Abby becomes a Weston, Creepy will be looking at JJ forever.  Sheesh, Jenn, do something! The women of Salem need to start listening to that little voice that says "bad touch" and avoid him at all costs. 

I laughed when Gabi didn't recognize her father because I hadn't seen the actor in years and I didn't recognize him either!  But certainly she knows better than to engage a strange older man in conversation.  Or maybe she doesn't.  Rafe will have to tell her about Paige soon, I would think he's decent enough to think she'd want to be at the funeral we'll never see but I hope do. 

• Love 5

On any other show Abby would most definitely be a victim--thematically the final one; but on this show KM must be screwing Ken Corday because there's no other explanation for how she stays on screen for so many hours a week when she's one of the most disliked characters by the fans.

Is she really though? I personally despise her but I seem to find large amounts of love for her everywhere else I go and I. Just. Don't. Get. It. Is it just that Days is so desperate for a rootable "supercouple" that they're throwing Chabby at the wall hoping that they stick? Or is it just that everyone else is too blood-related to be a viable alternative? Seriously, I'm hoping that another female character arrives on the canvas to distract Chad from Abifail and her golden hoochie.

Sorry, but my hate level is high today.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 8

I think we have Chabby because the original intention was - don't laugh - to make her and EJ a couple.  Pregnancy included.  Speaking of, aren't we about due for a pregnancy complication? Gawd forbid.  

I have no idea why Abifail couldn't tell Jenn she still has feelings for Chad and it's a huge conflict with Ben.  But then again I have absolutely no idea why she's willing to be so loyal and miserable with Ben.  None at all.  Let's just get Chabby over with already so the Westons can leave.  Although, I want to see JJ put a bullet through Creepy's head.

• Love 3

Agreed. Abby being so loyal to Ben for no good reason (again, the pregnancy reason is downright ridiculous in modern society) is only making her look pathetic. She's even exhibiting battered woman behavior to boot and Jennifer is letting her. It infuriates me that the show's other characters are being used as a prop for this stupid story. I give the writers credit for improving the overall writing, but for the love of everything good and holy can they please stop this madness?

Speaking of JJ, where is he? I'd much rather watch him than his twit sister.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 6

I. Am. So. Shocked. I. Cannot. Believe. It. NOT!!!! Was Ben being the killer supposed to be a surprise??? What motive does he have besides trying to frame Chad to keep Abifail? This has got to be a joke! I find it strange......

1. That the killer was wearing black but when we first see Ben today, he was wearing the blue shirt.

2. That we see Clyde just moments after the attack on Marlena and he was clearly out of breath when he bumped into Jenn, and was wearing black.

3. That during the big "reveal" Ben kept the ties, gloves, etc under the bed in his own apartment where Abifail could have discovered them at any time.

4. That only when disposing of the evidence, do we see Ben wearing the black jacket.

5. That Ben had the motive, brain capacity, and opportunity to commit these murders all while endlessly obsessing over Abifail's whereabouts.

Am I missing something here???

• Love 8

You got it...I think Ben is the beginning....He may be setting up Chad fo  the killings, but not be the killer....He has had the opportunity to sneak into the Dimera mansion and steal the rose petals..I am pretty sure that the idiots at the Salem PD are telling the world about the killer's calling card...Serial killers like to keep souvenirs from their victims, so that they can relive their perverse killings over and over again....I think Ben is a red herring...If they find items from the victims like a piece of hair or driver's license at the house, then he is the killer...It would not be  inconceivable for him to keep his sick souvenirs under the bed where Abigail can find them..Serial killers like to have power and exhibit feelings of superiority over everybody...It is usually their egos that always bring them down in the end...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

A day full of Pennywise and Taniel. It's like the showrunners said, "We gave you several days worth of a show you want to watch, now to balance that off and remind you that Corday and Higley are running things, we are going to make you remember why you quit or were on the verge of quitting the show."

Thank goodness we got sprinkles of John, Marlena and even Rafe to offset this mess.

I actually feel bad for Ben. I have seen the potential for something more in his non-Pennywise scenes and it's sad that he is yet another sacrifice on the alter of little miss AMAZING. If there is not more to this story, which I suspect there is, then we know what to expect from this new regime.

I do agree that that creepy scene with Taniel and Marlena was not just a throwaway. It was placed in the show for a reason. The issue is whether or not the show will follow through with this reason, or if they will decide to disregard it later.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 8

There has got to be some twists coming, especially given the creepy shot of Dr. Tan in Marlena's room.  Speaking of, Dee was just great with her fear and relief. 

Clyde being out of breath was also interesting, and the ensuing scene with him and Jennifer was well done by both JR and MR.  I was thinking that Clyde knows Ben is the killer and has been covering for him, but he seemed pretty taken about when Ben very coldly said he'd kill Chad if Chad followed them out of town.  So who knows?

Jennifer is a terrible mother.  She sees that her idiot daughter is miserable but she's going to go along with her leaving town to appease a jealous boyfriend?  All while agreeing to keep the secret of Clyde being a drug dealer to protect her idiot son's sting operation?  Everyone in this family is too stupid for words.

I'm not buying it, Ben is too stupid.  He doesn't even know enough to realize a bag full of air is going to float... 

IKR?   I couldn't believe he didn't put a rock or brick in the bag so it would sink, but then I remembered that this is the guy who wants Abigail.  Moron is his middle name.  Not that his princess is any smarter.  What does she think Chad is supposed to do in the secret room on the dock all by himself, without food and water?  So dumb.  And KM was, as usual, the weak link.  She brings everything and everyone down.

• Love 6
How many people have to die because of her.

Look...I actually think she isn't the worst actress ever...there's just not a lot of range there, and she seems to have a certain smugness seeping out between all her lines. I dislike Abby and I definitely hate the way all these other people suffer and plot and scheme around her and she trots away unscathed, free to do whatever she pleases to whomever she pleases. And it IS scary to list all those who suffered due to her: Jack, EJ, Sami, their kids, and now Paige, Marlena and Serena, though I'm sure I'm missing a few. She adds nothing to these people's lives and is still positioned as a "heroine". It's gross.

...but I can't deny I thought she was a bit better in her scenes these last two days...

*ducks*

As for Adrienne having no presence in the Steve Returns plot, I blame it on too many plots suddenly moving too quickly all at once. It just royally stinks that Judi Evans has been trapped in her boring storyline for what...a year now? It feels like two. Was Adrienne this boring/unlikable back during her original run on the show?

Am I missing something here???

No, I think you've hit all the main points. I don't mind Ben as a crazy killer - the show HAS been setting him up as being corrupted by his father's influence for months now - but the actor just hasn't got the energy for it. NOTHING about him is compelling. Trying to make him a cold-blooded killer was almost a smart thing to do since the producers can clearly see he's dead behind the eyes, but sadly, I think he's going to fail to make even this interesting.

I had better see "Give Me Another Chance!" John Black at Marlena's bedside tomorrow or frankly, I don't want to see them back together ever again. Marlena shouldn't be lying in a bed after a strange attack with no one in her massive family at least there to guard the door, for pity's sake. So much for family support, eh Dr. Evans?

(Wait, is John still in town at this point?)

Also, count me among those who find grown, supposedly "married" men with leather jackets and "bad attitudes" really disgusting for still having nicknames for their wives, whom they've largely ignored for decades and left to raise their kids for them. Referring to Kayla as "Sweetness" in front of their son just makes my skin crawl. Sounds like the type of thing a douchebag drunk boyfriend would say to try and signal his woman to hop into the nearest janitor's closet for a quickie while at a public function. Classy!

I really want to ask the producers why they currently have FOUR deadbeat husbands showing up back in town for the first time in forever trying to convince their wives and sons they're sorry for being absent. Overkill much?

Count with me: Steve, John, Eduardo and Bo on the way...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5