Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Hope totally forgot she and Rafe had a thing way back when.  Hope has no clue about how Creepy Clyde suddenly muscled into trucking to Salem.  She can't connect that into how drugs are coming in.  It's cool how Vic wanted to divest himself of that but she has no freaking idea of what Clyde is up to??

Well, yeah, when you put it like that.....lol...

I guess missing Rafe's signals is par for the course. I maintain my unconditional love of Hope though.

• Love 1

JJ goes on and on to Paige about what he's doing, and why, and how Kyle is not a good guy, and how he wishes Paige would dump Kyle, and Paige asks, "Why?"  Er, was she not listening?

Why did Marlena feel it was appropriate to join John at a crime scene?

• Love 2

I think the fact tomsell made so many characters irredeemable wad their biggest downfall. I think Xander could have been a good long term anti hero...but tomsell made him all evil so that by the time higley/griffith came on noard, they had no choice but to write him and Serena off.

I'm hoping they repair eve, theresa and especially nicole. Nicole flourished under Higley even mardar wrote her erll..but tomsell has done a number on her character.

If Higley was script writer during the eve teen years then I hope she can help salvage jennifer as well. Get back sarcastic and feisty jennifer of old.

• Love 4

Clyde was really going on & on & on to Rafe today. So, I assume Clyde is getting bumped off soon, right? I just wanted Rafe to say, "Well, I slept with Kate first and it was really good!" LOL!!!! I do have one question. Is the the part of Rafe having feelings for Hope from the old writers or is this going being pursued with the new writers when Bo comes back?

• Love 3

I want Clyde to leave - and Will and Abigail and - oh, never mind.  But, I hate the mustache twirling over the topness of Clyde - enough.  There is nothing subtle or dimensional about him.  

The bad guys I like are bad guys who have more dimension and sides to them.  This guy is dripping with pure slime and I'm bored with him.

So is Aiden history soon?  

• Love 2

Without Sonny or Sami, Will is going to be really hard to watch. I mean, he already was, but he needed those two for me not to fast-forward his scenes.

Yeah. Will is basically going to be "Blather - Wince - Repeat"

He and Abigail can be President and Vice President of that club.

• Love 3

is Hope going to read between the lines with Aiden saying that now she's safe? Come on Hope, use that cop brain of yours and realize that he's lying about Clyde to protect you!!!

I think Aiden is going to be evil...Higrith is setting it up very nicely..There is a theme with their episodes. Yesterday's theme was about love, loss and hope. Today was about Trust and how precious it is..To me what stood out the most was all of the Bo mentions, was Hope telling Aiden how long it has taken her to finally trust again and how hard it was for her to deal with Bo's "abandonment". She was piling it on thick there, and Aiden didn't even seem to have a hint of guilt on his face. Oh the set up for what's to come- VERY well done. And then that little shocking/ominous musical note as they pan to Aiden's face, telling us the guy isn't what he seems? *That* got my interest.

I think the new writers are grounding the show by featuring the veterans and using them as a springboard for the insanity that is sure to come with the new regime...I am not a big Jarlena fan, but I am happy for their fans...The past 2 days have been a love letter to their fans..I cannot wait to see what they do with Steve and Kayla and dare I say it, Jack and Jennifer....I despise Tomsell's version of Jennifer, I am open to change my mind, if the writers take their time to redeem Jennifer for her abominable treatment of Jack...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I think the new writers are grounding the show by featuring the veterans and using them as a springboard for the insanity that is sure to come with the new regime...I am not a big Jarlena fan, but I am happy for their fans...The past 2 days have been a love letter to their fans..I cannot wait to see what they do with Steve and Kayla and dare I say it, Jack and Jennifer....I despise Tomsell's version of Jennifer, I am open to change my mind, if the writers take their time to redeem Jennifer for her abominable treatment of Jack...

I can't wait for Steve and Kayla and how the show is going to set up Joey to be a thorn in one or both of his parents' sides.

I would love some real (read not the crap we were last subjected to) Jack and Jen, but Corday seems intent to not bring MA back, so unless someone or something intervenes, I don't see it happening.

• Love 1

I can't wait for Steve and Kayla and how the show is going to set up Joey to be a thorn in one or both of his parents' sides.

I would love some real (read not the crap we were last subjected to) Jack and Jen, but Corday seems intent to not bring MA back, so unless someone or something intervenes, I don't see it happening.

If Ken Corday truly values the fans and is not just paying lip service. He will bring Jack back and give us the story that we have been waiting for, since the cruise of deception...Jack needs to be on canvas, I know you guys must be tired of my endless love for Jack Devereaux, but it needs to happen..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Surprise, surprise, Show did again and gave an episode I enjoyed.  It certainly helped that it was an Abigail and Will-free day, but even so, it kept my interest.  

Mostly.  

JJ goes on and on to Paige about what he's doing, and why, and how Kyle is not a good guy, and how he wishes Paige would dump Kyle, and Paige asks, "Why?"  Er, was she not listening?

Why did Marlena feel it was appropriate to join John at a crime scene?

Poor True O'Brien.  Every day she's given scripts with Paige is bitter, Paige is angry,Paige is going to say stupid shit again and again and again.  Rinse and repeat.  And JJ gets the same script - only difference is he also has to deliver all his lines wearing a baby backpack like he's lost his way to middle school.  If he's the best the DEA can do then they might as well start handing hard drugs out at recess.

Ah, Marlena at the crime scene!  Not to worry, she has nothing to fear.  Those cast iron bras she wears will keep her safe no matter what.  I loved her examination of Aiden after the beating.  After checking his vitals, his memory, I was fully expecting her to ask him about his childhood memories and how he felt about his mother.  Marlena as a psychiatrist is believable, okay, but her as a hands on medical doctor, weeeeelll, not so much.  It's as hard to picture as her and Jawn nekkid and in the throes of passion are.

I make fun of Jawn, mainly because DH is just not that good of an actor, but he's so much better a character than a lot of others.  His delivery is always heavy, always obvious, but he's been around so long I'm at the "who cares: stage.  

Will he and Marlena get back together??  Are you worried, do you wonder if maybe THIS time they won't be able to make it back to each other??  Yeah, I thought you weren't worried.  I'm so unworried I had thought they already WERE back together.

I want Clyde to leave - and Will and Abigail and - oh, never mind.  But, I hate the mustache twirling over the topness of Clyde - enough.  There is nothing subtle or dimensional about him.  

I agree about Clyde.  At this point I'm ready to see the last of him.  I did enjoy his and Rafe's pssing contest today, though.   Their "I'm bigger than you" trash talk was funny.  

Rafe is pretty, I grant you.  But he gets so sullen so often, seems like a pouty kid that it's hard for me to root for him.  And the attitude he gets towards every woman who is done with him puts me off.  But in small doses, in cop or undercover mode, not bad at all.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

I think Aiden is going to be evil...Higrith is setting it up very nicely..There is a theme with their episodes. Yesterday's theme was about love, loss and hope. Today was about Trust and how precious it is..To me what stood out the most was all of the Bo mentions, was Hope telling Aiden how long it has taken her to finally trust again and how hard it was for her to deal with Bo's "abandonment". She was piling it on thick there, and Aiden didn't even seem to have a hint of guilt on his face. Oh the set up for what's to come- VERY well done. And then that little shocking/ominous musical note as they pan to Aiden's face, telling us the guy isn't what he seems? *That* got my interest.

I had the exact opposite reaction - I thought this episode is set up for a revelation that Aiden is ISA. Marlena was talking about how the ISA job involves a lot of secrets and lies, and then they cut to Hope and Aiden. Not very subtle. Plus we also heard plenty from Marlena about the danger involved with being ISA. I expect Aiden will get killed in the line of duty (which is such a ridiculous waste) and John's first ISA assignment will be solving his murder.

I was mostly bored by this episode, but +100 for name-checking Stella Lombard. That was awesome.

• Love 5

I actually think that you can be right..But they are going to play with us, Is Aiden evil or good...lol..They can go either way..Since Daniel Cosgrove who plays Aiden said that Aiden got thrown under the bus..I am inclined to believe that he will be evil and take out Clyde...Stella Lombard is what got Jarlena on their road back to each other..All of these history references is Higley's influence on the show...If the ISA is going to be brought back to the show, then Shane needs to come back and perhaps that can shed some light into Theresa's backstory and how Shane's ISA work impacted her childhood with her mom and big brother Andrew..Shane and John were good friends....That would also be a plus..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I couldnt agree more Apprentice79. Anytime that the ISA is mentioned, I automatically think of Shane Donovan. He is needed IMO. Not only could he provide a backstory for Theresa, but his presence could benefit Eve. His work with the ISA could potentially be connected to Bo and Steve's return. There are several possibilities with the character of Shane. 

Oh how I wish that Shane would show up with a big surprise......JACK!!!

• Love 3

I agree. It's going to be 24/7 of will whining about losing Sonny. He'll never take responsibility for his part in it and he'll blame Paul for everything. Worst thing is his family will enable him.

He is a Horton. Enabling is what that family seems to do these days. I wish both Will and Abigail would both get called out by their family.

• Love 2

Clyde was really going on & on & on to Rafe today. So, I assume Clyde is getting bumped off soon, right? I just wanted Rafe to say, "Well, I slept with Kate first and it was really good!" LOL!!!! I do have one question. Is the the part of Rafe having feelings for Hope from the old writers or is this going being pursued with the new writers when Bo comes back?

I think the old writers started the idea of it. It was spoilered a loooong time ago before they were shitcanned. I think the new writers are taking it up to see what happens.

I still don't know how Rafe remains on campus. The actor and character are deadly dull and I thought that even when he was with Sami. I haven't been back that long but the little I have seen of Aiden is preferable to Rafe. I just don't get the logic behind letting Aiden (an interesting character played by an infinitely better actor), who can actually bring new blood on the show, go.

When I first started seeing the less than subtle Rafe and Hope anvils, I thought it would have been interesting if the show put Aiden together with Kayla and Rafe with Hope just to see Steve and Bo's reactions. Bo and Steve could have strolled into town together and had smart mouth Joey direct his father and uncle to wherever the foursome was on a double-date. At the very least, we could have seen Steve's head explode, which would serve him right.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

I love your scenario Happytobehere, I hated how both Bo and Steve treated their wives...My Bope love waned for a long time, when Bo chose Billie and Chelsea over Hope after Chelsea killed Zack..The little bitch had no remorse for killing her little brother..I hated how Kate, Billie and Chelsea were so nonchalant about little Zack..Steve treating Billie and Ava better than Kayla had me screaming my head off..It was just so bad....

• Love 2

Rafe has always pissed me off and he always had a weird attachment to EJ's children..I liked him when he and Sami were mourning little Grace, he was actually very good, when she passed away..I think all of the people involved with the baby switching storyline were great and it was actually written by Higley...

Victor and Caroline reconnecting really bothers me on so many levels today..Caroline needs to remember that Victor routinely slut shaming her daughter, granddaughter and threatening her great-grandson...This is the time for Kim to come back and blow a gasket about Victor getting close to Caroline...I would love to see what  these writers do with Kim and Shane....Those two were so wonderful and dynamic...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Caroline's always had a soft spot for Victor no matter what he does. I remember when Victor tried to kill Bo by rigging an elevator to fall (only Carly ended up being in it instead) and Caroline realized Victor did it and told him she was through defending him and swanned off in a huff. Of course, that lasted like a month.

I liked Rafe a teensy bit more when he got put in charge of the nightclub - not being a cop lessened his tendency to self-righteousness and being a stick in the mud. But the show really hasn't had any idea of what to do with him in a long time. I get the new writers putting him back at Salem PD because that's his history, being a cop, but I liked him better not being a cop.

• Love 1

Rafe really kicked out all the paying customers of a nightclub just so John could dance with Marlena.

John's protectiveness of Hope reminded me weren't they married still recently? They went off to get it divorced and never did? Are John and Marlena even legally married? 

Since Daniel does not appear today, it will be the first 5-day week without a Daniel sighting since the week of 6/11/12-6/15/12. Since then, he also did not appear during the 3-day weeks of 11/19-11/21/12 and 6/2-6/4/14. It is unbelievable how an insufferable character like Daniel Jonas had hijacked the show.... 

• Love 1

Since Daniel does not appear today, it will be the first 5-day week without a Daniel sighting since the week of 6/11/12-6/15/12. Since then, he also did not appear during the 3-day weeks of 11/19-11/21/12 and 6/2-6/4/14. It is unbelievable how an insufferable character like Daniel Jonas had hijacked the show.... 

Scary stats, Apprentice!

Hmmm, that explains why I enjoyed the shows so much this week!  LOL.  It will be interesting to see how he's written with the new writer and directors. 

This week everyone was in "nice" mood.  Even Maggie.  Course everyone being sugar-sweet could get sickening after a while, but there's been such venom from everyone lately, I've enjoyed the niceties.  

Wonder how these writers would have written the last year with Will & Sonny.  Since I only started watching last July, I never got to see them as a happy couple. :(

Also wonder what's up with the doctor Victor was emailing.  More time seemed right, but more money... Hope Victor doesn't get swindled in his old age.

• Love 3

Exactly...Victor has always had a soft spot for Caroline..I think Victor envied the Brady family and their closeness..Victor only had Justin as a relative..It really pissed him off that Shawn Sr had what he always wanted, a family that loved him and adored..In some way, Kim became a proxy for Caroline and he nearly destroyed her because she rejected him..In some ways, he had that with Kate..I remember Billie, Austin, Lucas, baby Philip, baby Will and Victor use to come together  at the Kiriakis mansion as one big happy family...I loved the Lucas/Victor dynamic...Victor despises women who reject him like Carly, Kim,  and Nicole.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

If Ken Corday truly values the fans and is not just paying lip service. He will bring Jack back and give us the story that we have been waiting for, since the cruise of deception...Jack needs to be on canvas, I know you guys must be tired of my endless love for Jack Devereaux, but it needs to happen..

Haven't liked Jack much since he helped Jennifer spawn the likes of abifail.

Rafe really kicked out all the paying customers of a nightclub just so John could dance with Marlena.

John's protectiveness of Hope reminded me weren't they married still recently? They went off to get it divorced and never did? Are John and Marlena even legally married? 

I think we are supposed to forget that piece of info..Just like we are supposed to forget the gemini twins, Roman and Kate's children that Marlena carried during her missing years , when she was presumed dead...Speaking of missing years, I would love the show to do a story about Marlena's missing years....It is always about John's angst...

• Love 3

Wonder how these writers would have written the last year with Will & Sonny.  Since I only started watching last July, I never got to see them as a happy couple. :(

YouTube, my friend. YouTube. It's been my salvation during this past year.

• Love 2

At least they finally cleaned up Aiden's face.  He sat around for two days with blood streaming down his face.  Why does Clyde hang out in the shadows instead of having his henchmen do it?  Where's Jeremiah?

Did we know Victor showed up at the memory clinic when Caroline was there? The Maggie and Caroline scene was sweet.

Anybody know if that song was written for the Show?

Did Clyde really leave incriminating evidence behind for Rafe to find?

What was that weird electronic noise playing behind Victor when he was grabbing a drink?

Was that Hope and Bo's same front door??? The approach looked a bit different, but the door itself looked the same.

Yeah, they talked about Aiden sleeping in Bo's bed.  They're probably going to be using the set when Bo comes back.

• Love 2

I just assume that Hope rearrange the furniture after Bo left her....I know that I am overthinking this...lol Aiden is definitely going to be evil, unless it is a red herring..Even Clyde who is a sociopath sensed that something is  amiss with Aiden. It takes one to know one..I think the reason that Clyde likes to do his own dirty work, instead of sending one of his henchman, is because he enjoys inflicting violence and pain on others..It gets him going....He was practically whistling a song at the bar after beating the crap out of Aiden....He came alive with his banter with Rafe...He is a sadist...James Reade is killing it though, we need him on canvas..Stefano and Victor are a joke...

Edited by Apprentice79

...He is a sadist...James Reade is killing it though, we need him on canvas..Stefano and Victor are a joke...

I agree. James Reade's (who I have loved as an actor since Remington Steele) departure is as much of a mistake as Aiden's. If they toned his EVIL down a bit, he could be a viable long-term villain on the show. IMO (not really knowing the character's back-story and his imminent departure making a review of his storyline a bit pointless), the fail with the Clyde character is that he is all smarmy villain all the time. A successful villain needs layers. Stefano was able to warm viewers with his honest (before he became daddy sociopath) love for his kids. Victor had Justine, Lawrence Alamain had his aunt Vivian and little Nicky who was revealed to be his son. All I've seen from Clyde is evil. Heck, I don't e en believe he loves his dopey son Ben; which is sad because Stefano seems to loves mamby-pamby Chad, Victor loves his idiot grandson Brady

• Love 1

The little bitch had no remorse for killing her little brother..I hated how Kate, Billie and Chelsea were so nonchalant about little Zack.

That's not true.  Chelsea had plenty of remorse when she realized she'd killed Zack.  It was what she did to keep Bo and Hope apart in the wake of that that she had no remorse for.  Even today, though, she still thinks about Zack.  In fact, she thought her infertility was karma for what she'd done to him.

• Love 5

Whatever else happens with the new writers and the returns for the 50th anniversary, I can't imagine that Jack Deveraux will ever return. I think there's too much bad blood between Corday and Ashford, and Corday strikes me as the grudge-holding type.

• Love 1

I was hoping that Aiden was wearing a wire when he was outside talking to Clyde, even though Clyde didn't say anything incriminating, other than threatening Hope and the kids and admitting to beating up Aiden. Hope took off his shirt and touched his bruises, that could have been preparing to wire him up. I need for Clyde to be done and gone like yesterday.

• Love 1

I agree. James Reade's (who I have loved as an actor since Remington Steele) departure is as much of a mistake as Aiden's. If they toned his EVIL down a bit, he could be a viable long-term villain on the show. IMO (not really knowing the character's back-story and his imminent departure making a review of his storyline a bit pointless), the fail with the Clyde character is that he is all smarmy villain all the time. A successful villain needs layers.

Clyde actually was written to have some layers at first. He was going to therapy with Marlena and even seemed rather sincere about working on his issues, stopping drinking, etc. The show's big mistake was then making it part of Clyde's backstory that he had raped his teenage stepdaughter Jordan. They crossed the line with that and after the reveal, it didn't matter what layers they wrote Clyde with, many viewers were too repulsed. What we're seeing now is that the show gave up and started writing Clyde as 100% evil in preparation for writing him off the canvas altogether.

I like James Read a lot too, and the show really does need a new sustainable villain with layers. I wish Read didn't have to go. But Clyde raping his teenage stepdaughter was too much. The show made a mistake with that, and then they made another mistake by trying to keep Clyde around. He should've exited a while ago instead of staying on past Jordan's exit.

• Love 6

I agree, but that is typical of the writing of Tomsell, they like to pile on a character's misdeeds to shock and appall the viewers, not thinking about the long-term effects on the character's longevity on a show...Once they had Clyde threatening Ari, that was the point of no return for me, in addition to the rape of Jordan. The scene where he manhandled her in the hotel room was so disturbing. The fact that Kate is clueless about his true nature defies credulity. Plus, Clyde seems to enjoy putting the fear of God in people...His interactions with Aiden cemented his sadism and sociopathy. Clyde should have been given layers, he is one scary villain, no to mention that he is played by a great actor. He and Daniel were magical together under the new regime...Conversely, I think that we need short-term villains that will come in for a storyline arch to shake up  the canvas and go..They don't all need to stay. Stefano has worn out his welcome years ago...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Yes, Yes, Yes, I'm nodding my head in agreement.  The writers completely screwed up the introduction of the new characters all while completely trashing characters that have been on canvas for years, and writing them completely out of character.  I'm not sure the new writers will be able to fix anything especially since Ken Corday is still in charge.

Kate would have known the minute she met Clyde what he really is.  Kate is many things, but stupid is not one of them.  I would love a conversation between Kate and Sami, after they have killed Stefano, Clyde and Andre, where Sami tells Kate they hate each other, but she knows that Kate would do anything for Will and Allie, and Johnny and Sydney as well.  Then Sami tells Kate she also knows so would Lucas and Rafe, but they are not as ruthless as Kate is.

I would rather Aiden be a good guy Hope is involved with when Bo returns, and actual competition for Bo.  The constant trashing of one character to prop another character has ruined this show.

• Love 9

Exactly Tigerlynx, I am enjoying Haiden under the new regime...I care about them now..They were wallpaper under Tomsell..The actors are bringing it..I loved seeing Hope be both tough and tender at the same time with Aiden...I love the fact that she respected Bo in absentia, by not bringing Aiden into their home..Daniel Cosgrove is so engaging on screen..It is amazing what a difference it is, when writers write and craft a story with care and thoughtfulness... I also have to give Higrith props for not having catfights and women being hateful to one another.That was the norm under Tomsell..Look at how tender and compassionate that Maggie was with her rival Caroline about Victor...I actually like Maggie when she is not fussing over her egg baby.. I love the fight between Clyde and Aiden....It was mesmerizing...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Just caught up/rewatched the last 3 Days.  Haiden's always been good but what's with the long buildup for Bo coming back.  Julie having a long talk with her, detaining her by the way from stopping the fight!  Taking him to Bo's bed.  Talking about Caspar as if he wasn't in a freezer...oh, nevermind.  Yet we don't get a word from Mary Beth Evans and the more exciting news that Steve is coming back.  No buildup at all, writers?  Too cheap to have MBE on the set one day to talk about Steve and Joey? 

The writing is noticeably better and everyone is kinder and even the lighting has changed.  Less Abifail!  Heck, they'll probably use it to soras her into 6 mos along just as Jeannie Theresa's baby is 6 mos old now.  Hilarious how they have a curtained bassinette in the DiMansion sitting room.  Tater's old enough to crawl out of it.  I think she calls him Tater Tot because she doesn't like the name either and with one take they have to live with her snark.

Lima Bean needs to stop bending her pencil arms on her hips with long skirts.  That's no way to run away from being killed, girl!

Eff this bugging rooms stuff with Eve and Creepy. 

• Love 3

It was torture watching Chabby..I was hoping that Theresa would get better writing, but I am afraid that is not the case....I was hoping that she would have some good times with that sex on a stick called Xander...Those arms and that chest..Yum..Theresa is a fool for not taking a ride on that train..She is doing this for Brady of all people...Bye Felicia...Brady is an idiot and he works will with Nicole...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I wish Abifail and mannequin would've choked on those pancakes. How dare someone give that terrorist Alice's recipe. 

Stefano should've been killed a long time ago but if he's going to be reduced to propping Abifail and the worthless Chabby pairing then he really needs to be taken out back and shot. 

Ugh Theresa. Now's she's going to act like Xander was trying to rape her? She just...ugh. 

• Love 8