Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I like James Read as an actor but I hate Clyde. I'm so tired that he has hand in everything & never pays the price. Usually, people love to hate their Villian's but I'm more tired of him than anything.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

Why am I not surprised Sparkles been hit in the head a lot by baseballs?

Abby's cry face is almost as horrible as her "O" face.

I'd like to use his head as a backstop.  

I guess now that Ben showed Abigail the shiny ring, she'll stick with him until she gets it appraised.  If the rock is real, the kid is his.   Otherwise she's going for the Dimera bank account - I mean, guy.

• Love 3

I like Hope and Aiden so much.  KA and DG are so great together.  This is one of those cases where it really hurts this soap to be shooting so far in advance.  They have no idea who the audience has formed an attachment to, and vice versa.  That stupid hillbilly is the other side of the coin.  He's been on for several months too long and I can not wait for him to leave.  Wonder if JR knew his character's stay in Salem would mean not so much story for him but a goodly amount of Abigail propping.

So GV was vocal about not liking his story with Nicole and Serena?  I don't read much soap press except for what's posted here, so I'm curious about what made him unhappy.  Is he not upset that his character is a pissy, boring little puritan?

She's terrible.  Making stupid faces, holding herself like she has a stomach ache, and breathing like she's working her way through a contraction are such wrong and bizarre choices.  And the woman can't cry!  Why is this person a lead character on the show, especially when Days has actual, talented actors who are relegated to the background or worse, put on Abigail propping duty!  It's mind boggling and a bit infuriating.  If it has this effect on me, I can't imagine how demoralizing it has to be for the actors.  It's no wonder James Scott left.  Knowing he was going to be paired with her, after already being unhappy playing the same stories over and over again, had to have sealed the deal.

Greg Vaughn was upset with the direction of the Ericole storyline..It was a slow burn storyline with Eric and Nicole working at the rectory and falling in love. He was very disappointed with the direction that the story took with Shredgate and everything that came with that..He hated the Serena storyline because it made Eric look dumb and everything..He was very unhappy with the storylines...Ken Corday said that the cast was very unhappy with Tomsell...

• Love 2

Exactly! around the time that he taped those scenes with Ari  Zucker in that hot room being pursued by a crazed Xander, he tweeted his excitement about those scenes..I understood his frustrations about Tomsell building up Ericole and then destroying them for no reason...

• Love 2

I like Eric.  And I like Nicole. I wasn't watching when they first got together or (I assume) broke up after the Kristin "thing", but I'm rooting for them to get back together. I think they have great chemistry together and could be a fun couple with the right storyline.  

And speaking of chemistry, Nicole and Daniel have none, which is somewhat puzzling since they are a couple in real life. 

Also good to know the actors were finally able to convince KD that the writing was awful. (or maybe the ratings finally did it)  Nevertheless, it must be frustrating to go to work and have to spew the same stupid dialogue day after day after day.

• Love 4

Tuned in for the first time in a long time thinking I would see my baby Sonny's exit story... instead I got.... well I'm not really sure. I'm Team Paulson over Wilson every day, but if Will has to be on my screen with somebody, I don't mind him and Derrick coupling while Paulson has their moment in the sun.

Onto the fight:  The defeated look on Sonny's face when the name calling started broke my heart. Gosh, Freddie has the most emotive face! I don't like Will but I did like how he came to Sonny's rescue during the fight and I liked how Derrick stepped up (let's ignore how he got immediately knocked down). I also loved how, when John asked Paul about pressing charges or letting it go, he turned to Sonny immediately and asked how he felt about that. Overall, I actually really enjoyed the execution of the fight scene, very well blocked and choreographed, best fight scene I've seen on DAYS. As for the bullies- did anyone else feel like they came from the 90s? Also, What are the chances you go into a bar and pick a fight with the apple of a mobster's eye, a cop's professional athlete's son, and weirdly buff Will and Derrick.

The aftermath: My immediate thought at the conclusion of the fight was- "WAIT, DID WILL PLAN THIS?" I'm gonna give him the ole innocent until proven guilty treatment, though I wouldn't put anything pass him. Now, Sonny and Paul..... wth is the point of doing this to me, writers? You have Sonny going green-eyed at Paul and Derrick, you have Paul continuously shooting Sonny looks and deferring to him at the end of the fight when Derrick is the one who got clocked, then you have Sonny in the bushes with Ari watching Paul and Derrick like the most jello of all jellos (can I take this moment to say there is no way in the world I'm gonna accept that super daddy Sonny would bring his daughter traipsing through the park he was freaking stabbed in a few months ago). I don't think Paul and Derrick are going to become anything serious, though I have no doubt Paul will start to think maybe Derrick will help him get over Sonny before finding out Derrick was plotting with Will and ending that budding relationship. As for Sonny- wow I have never seen Sonny so jealous, even in the early days of Wilson. I've always assumed Ari was his biggest motivation for staying with Will, even more so than his love for Will, and yesterday's juxtaposition of Paul vs. Ari really confirmed it. The fact that no one has brought it up in his life is mind-boggling.

Random thoughts: As Salem's resident psychiatrist for the gay male population, why has Marlena sought out everyone to browbeat them with basically accepting her advice and spilling their guts EXCEPT Sonny? Why am I getting all of Paul and Will's thoughts and dreams and fears when the only person's who really matters is Sonny, the character holding the ace here?

• Love 1

At this point, I am ready for Sonny to leave Salem, so that I can stop having to watch this inane triangle and focus on Bo and Hope, Steve and Kayla,Kim and Shane, Justin and Adrienne and hopefully the return of Jack Devereaux. Jennifer could go fuck off and die, for all I care. She failed Jack as a wife, as a woman, as the mother of his children, as a friend, as an overall decent human being. I will never forgive her for her horrible treatment of Jack for that orange doctor. She treated him like he was in an inconvenience. I am still pissed that I had to experience the nightmare that was Dannifer, but I digress...The double date between Paul, Derrick, Sonny and Will was so silly and contrived. I mean honestly why does it matter that Paul didn't know who Will was.  Putting Sonny and Paul's past aside Paul is still a guy who slept with Sonny husband, Sonny shouldn't want Paul anywhere near Will.  Let along making dumbass comments like it's normal and healthy for the three of them to be friends. Will and Paul should be cordial and respectful to one another and nothing more.

I have been expecting the entire time that something drastic or tragic would happen for Sonny to leave Salem. (especially Ari)

Now it seems very likely that there will be no tragic accident, illness, witness- protection situation or 'in hiding' event that facilitates the exit. At this point Sonny just seems done and disengaged and unhappy overall. Sonny's indecisiveness over Will and Paul has also contributed to this mess, not just Will's stupid schemes and Paul's stalkerish and entitled behavior.

I feel Sonny could have stopped this roller coaster he has been on a long time ago if he had asked for Paul to stay out of his life for awhile. He knew how afraid Will was about it. It wasn't an innocent friendship either because Paul was actively telling him they belong together and it was fate and that he was waiting. Paul was telling him he loved him. If it was a friendship only situation, I would feel different. If Paul has not been pouring his heart out to Sonny each time, I would say it was understandable to want friendship. But it wasn't appropriate. Sonny has appeared torn and allowed it to continue. Sonny never set Paul straight with his actions -- he should have told him to not visit and when they do run into each other, not to repeat his undying love and meant to be spiel. Then he should have focused on time with his husband.Of course Will made the worst mistake by cheating. It was horrible. But once Sonny said he wanted to stay married anyway, it was time to focus on that and not on Paul. Otherwise, Sonny should have left Will! If he truly wants to be with Paul, then he should go for it.  Otherwise, he is only hurting himself in the process by delaying the inevitable..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Yea but if Jar Jar dumps Ben, and Ben moves on to let's say Theresa, Jar Jar would have a problem with that. Didn't she get in a little snit when Cameron took Gabi out on a date or was with Gabi at event as just being friends.

She did. When Sami dared to kiss EJ, her fiancée, the boring twit acted like Sami was the interloper. Jar Jar was bad mouthing Chad when Jordan was dating him. Somehow in all of these situations, Slappy manages to make herself out to be the victim. I think she tried that with Austin and Carrie to.

She can't tolerate men in her vicinity being interested in someone else or exes moving on. She thinks that's very inappropriate and insulting and will do anything she can to sabotage it.

This has been said before by others but I find the group outings of Wilson and Paulick strange. In what world would a man double date with the man was sleeping with his husband and his new piece? Who is HIS ex. And the new guy flirted with him once. I mean at that table its like everyone has has sexual congress with or attractions with each other. It's like a Gregg Araki movie.

They aren't being subtle with the Hope and Aiden stuff are they?

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

I can't take Chad seriously. He's just pathetic on every level. He's worse than Nicole. At least Dan is a doctor with money and has his own place and never had nasty sex with Nicole's sister. 

KM can't act for shit and her attempts at crying are laughably bad. Just so so bad. 

It's clear that the writers put absolutely no thought into the gay story and didn't prepare for the possibility that FS might leave. 

I like Derrick. I hope he sticks around and they put him with Will after it's been revealed that he has a brain tumor or the real Will was switched by the Dimerias. That way I won't have to suffer through a Will/Sparkle romance. Sparkle can buy a dildo to play with or realize he's bi and harass Abifail. 

• Love 6

The way everyone keeps singing Abigail's praises and virtues, maybe she's not carrying either a DiMera or a Weston. Maybe this was an immaculate conception (after all, Marlena was possessed and Eric was a priest).

Ha. There is no one on this show who is a candidate for the Virgin Birth, least of all Grabbigail! (The Immaculate Conception doesn't refer to the conception of Jesus, btw. [/nerd])

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

If KM is the new leading lady of the show then we're all screwed.

"If"? We are all most definitely getting screwed -- have been for months.

Put cute sunglasses all you want on Ari G but this is most frowny baby I've ever seen.

She's just aware of how screwed-over she is in parental department, poor love. One's murderous jailbird, one's a self-adoring knucklehead, and the one who actually puts her well-being first is about to shuffle off this mortal coil, or at least get run outta town on a rail.

I don't miss Gabi -- or rather, I don't miss the scattershot, plot-requirement way she was written.

Paul's insistence that they belong together and love declarations while Sonny has told him he is married have been rather inappropriate. Should Paul respect Sonny's marriage? Sure. But after Will turned out to be a cheating husband, I'd say, go ahead Paul and get the man you love back. Sonny obviously still has some feelings for him. What was so boring was that they all were having the same conversation a hundred times and literally nothing happened in the past few months with this storyline. I just want to make fun of it, so let me:

Paul: I still love you Sonny.
Sonny: But I'm married.
Derrick: Will cheated on you with Paul.
Will: I'm so sorry, Sonny! I love you!
Paul: I still love you Sonny
Sonny: ... I have no backbone, I lost my brain. Where did my sarcasm go? I get angry with Will for 5 minutes. I find out he cheated twice. But nope... We will work it out.
Will: Paul  stay away from Sonny!
Paul: I'm not going anywhere. By the way Sonny, I think we belong together and I know you feel the same.
Sonny: O_O
Paul: Well?
Sonny: ... I don't know how to answer this. We discussed this so many times. I AM MARRIED. But for some reason, I can never give you a straight answer about how I feel about you.
Will: Do you still love Paul, Sonny?
Sonny: ... I will always care about him, I mean there is a difference between caring and loving you know.
Will: But that is not an answer, Sonny. I-
Sonny: I don't have a brain. I think we should work on our marriage. I love you.
Will: Okay. But Paul, you should stay away from Sonny because apparently this is very important because Sonny is unable to make his own choices!!! Instead of focusing on my marriage, I scheme to keep you and Sonny apart!
Paul: Uh... Okay. But Sonny, friendly reminder: I still love you, we belong together.
Sonny: ........... But I'm... Commited...

Paul: o_O I don't understand.
Will: *schemes*

Suddenly there is a change!! A retcon, two weeks after Paul has another love declaration, he decides that maybe he should move on. Because even if Sonny was single, he would not be ready to marry him. Whuuut? Yeah. None said anything about getting hitched. And you have been saying the opposite for months, where this come from? Pretty sure you were eager to have him back, bro, and one converstation with Derrick changes your mind?

The way they are setting this up now, or have been for the last three months, it looks like Sonny has been falling out of love with Will and is only with him for Ariana. Becausse of Ari he feels like he still has some sort of responsibillity. his marriage is a commitment not a fluke.He just wants it to work so bad, he is so denial of his real feelings. Doesn't mean Sonny does not love Will anymore, but something has obviously changed.

Basically, what a lousy written storyline. All the wasted time of repeating the same things without any progress.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 6

I think Sonny was giving Sparkle a straight answer; the same straight answer multiple times, in fact, but other than that, I think your summary of the triangle's eleventy-thousand iterations of the same conversation is both hilarious and accurate.

• Love 1

Funny to get to the end of the week and not yet have a clue what happens to Sonny -- especially when he's holding Ari there at the end. 

I thoroughly enjoyed Chad/Billy Flynn on Friday -- he seemed vulnerabe and honest, and I'm glad Abigail finally believed him. I can't help it, I'm rooting for them after seeing Chad lay his heart and soul on the line like that, and I hope Clyde gets foiled by that red-haired tech. Somehow I doubt it. 

How many more episodes till we get the new stuff -- all the way to September? 

• Love 1

I thoroughly enjoyed Chad/Billy Flynn on Friday -- he seemed vulnerabe and honest, and I'm glad Abigail finally believed him. I can't help it, I'm rooting for them after seeing Chad lay his heart and soul on the line like that, and I hope Clyde gets foiled by that red-haired tech. Somehow I doubt it. 

I  agree with you on Billy Flynn...for some reason I adore the actor...he's the only reason I put up with Abifail. Her character & (sadly) the actress herself just leave me cold. Well, not cold...they actually induce sort of a red hot hate.lol  (Kinda like Will/GW anymore. Where does he get those expressions???)

I would love to see BF/Chad & JL/Teresa. OMG...those two together. Gold. GOLD I tell ya!

They need to get Teresa away from rage idiot Brady. Sorry they gave them a baby. What was the point of that again??

They need to get KDP/Eve into some adult storylines. She can handle the meaty stuff....this stupid vendetta against Jen is such a waste of talent.

Please for the love of all that is holy....get rid of orange Dan! He is horrible...character & actor. He has NO onscreen chem with AZ/Nicole. and she generates chemistry with everyone she acts with...except him.

...and I love Greg Vaughn...I've seen him in good roles...this isn't one. I am so tired of poor whiny angry self righteous Eric.

Sorry if they trash Aiden/DC. Another good actor they are totally wasting.

Sorry to say I don't have much faith in Dena Higley to fix this show....I really hope I'm wrong about that though....

• Love 7

It doesn't look like it since after Eve's confrontation with Jacosta at TBD, Eve was sitting at the park saying she can't let it go. So looks like she still has something planned. It seemed like it was going to be dropped after Eve's conversation with Eeyore at his apartment. 

• Love 1

Since Ken Corday does any and everything to prop his favorites, I'm sure Sami, Kate, Nicole, or Theresa would be blamed by Jacosta and everyone else in Salem if Slappy did Dingy Dan.

Abifail is going through PTSD after the horrific abuse she suffered at the hands of Big Bad Meanie Sami. Lying, scheming, manipulating and having unprotected sex with multiple men is how she deals with the stress. 

• Love 2

Last week was something. Made me wonder why Days didn't take the opportunity with the Nicole/Dan and Chad/Abby scenes to make a little extra money and do a product placement for Purina's beggin' strips. Not to say that Chad and Nicole are dogs but they both seem to be licking their chops and panting while awaiting a treat and a belly rub from their respective masters.

Ah, where to begin? Why not with Serena? She has been pretty useless from Go but I thought she would at least do one good deed on her way out of town - Put an end to this Dicole fiasco. Damn it woman you had One Job. ONE JOB!  and you couldn't even do that. Went through all that trouble of violating Eric's privacy in the worst possible way and for what? Absolutely nothing!

I have a bit of mini-rant about her and Dan's discussion. During it she says something that incensed me. She said that "I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, but at least I admit to them unlike Nicole."

tumblr_inline_npwow0dbNl1rtngqy_500.gif

Umm .... when bitch?!? To this day she hasn't even acknowledged that trafficking blood diamonds is a gross crime that she committed. Literally when Eric was being pulled out of crawlspace and on the cusp of death from heat exhaustion due to the actions of her co-conspirator, she thought that if she talked to Eric (as he faded in and out of consciousness) she could make him understand what she didn't wasn't that wrong. She thinks she adequately warned Nicole about Xander and anything that happened to her was her own fault. Girl bye. She can't get out of town fast enough. Shit like this drives me crazy. They have the most delusional of delusional people saying shit like this. While Eve was still actively plotting to make Jen think she was nuts she uttered the same exact phrase to Jennifer. I remember because I went off about it then too. I mean WTF show?!?!

Which brings me to Dan and Nicole. I have a bit of a split decision. So torn. The logical part of me likes that a couple on a soap was actually able to talk things through and not break up over something so trivial. At the end of the day, it was just a kiss, and after Eric made a declaration of love she actively chose Dan so WTF is there to be mad about except maybe a bit miffed that a secret was kept. So the resolution and staying together made sense. The logical part of me also didn't want another round of Nicole being vilified for this trivial shit and Dan having another reason to slam doors in her face. The part of me that hates Dicole with the fire of a thousand suns would accept any trivial reason to end this mess including Nicole leaving toast crumbs in the butter. 

Chad and Abby? Chad has fallen so far for me that his last name might as well be Jonas at this point but than again they would never have a Jonas pleading like this. EJ was just as beggy with Sami. That said their scenes played better than I thought they would. I still hate that Abby gets a declaration of undying love and devotion from one guy and than goes home to another declaration of undying love and devotion from another guy + a cloudy engagement ring. Poor dear, which suitor is more deserving? Two pregnancy scares in 2 years, #1 being with your cousin's fiance while you befriend her and babysit her kids and the second one is true and qualifies you for a Maury Povich 'who's the daddy' episode does not a soap heroine make. 

I hate that Abby is pregnant. Why tie down another 20 something core character with a child? Also, don't these people ever just date? I don't see the need for all this extreme all or nothing true love all the damn time. Haven't any of these people heard of tinder?

Abifail is going through PTSD after the horrific abuse she suffered at the hands of Big Bad Meanie Sami. Lying, scheming, manipulating and having unprotected sex with multiple men is how she deals with the stress. 

Surprisingly, Abigail did casually admit in her scene with Chad that she gave Sami reason to be cruel to her but of course she keeps her position on the cross and victim status by saying that EJ was cruel, which I don't ever really recall happening. Unless by cruel she means that he made her beg for it in supply closets and locker shower rooms and had the nerve to want Sami over her all while still calling her awesome and stunning/gorgeous. 

The only reason I hate Clyde is because of the Jordan raping thing. I wish the show hadn't gone down that path. He is a great bad guy. His scene threatening the lab tech was very effective. He does menace so good. Contrast that with recent scenes showing Stefano or Victor being bad guys and there is really no contest IMHO. Same goes for Xander. What a waste. 

I can't believe Theresa's great plan is to get some nanny to talk her up to Brady but than I think well it is Brady so it would have likely worked. How stupid did Brady look while Maggie was trying to get him to understand that Theresa was likely rigging the nanny selection process? It reminded me of a scene on the Simpsons between Homer Simpson and Dr. Hibbert:

Dr. Julius Hibbert: Homer, I'm afraid you'll have to undergo a coronary bypass operation.
Homer Simpson: Say it in English, Doc!
Dr. Julius Hibbert: You're going to need open-heart surgery.
Homer Simpson: Spare me your medical mumbo jumbo!
Dr. Julius Hibbert: We're going to cut you open and tinker with your ticker.
Homer Simpson: Could you dumb it down a shade?

I agree with you all that the day player bad nanny was awesome. Wonder if they could bring her back as Clyde's sister/Ben's aunt or something. Loved the way she told Theresa off. As much as I like JL, the Theresa character has become really terrible. That needed to be said. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 5

Forgot to add that it is interesting that the Abigail pregnancy story seems like more of an umbrella story in its infancy (see what I did there) with a lot of characters already involved than the fetus snatch Brady/Theresa story which somehow seemed to morph into more of a Melanie than a Mel/Brady story.  The actually mother, Theresa, didn't get truly involved into the 11th hour. It also should have folded in core characters which had more of a history with Kristen.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 2

Islandgal! your post is awesome as always...I wished that Higley and company would go against the grain and not saddle another young lady with a child. If they really wanted to give Chad and Abifail angst..They should have had them be a couple already, she finds out that she is pregnant and has an abortion leading to their break-up...Contrary to popular belief, not every woman wants to be a mother...Another WTD story is so played out, not to mention so 1980's and 1990's...

The women EJ was cruel to were Sami and Nicole.  The writers would never allow Saint Slappy to be treated the way Sami, Nicole, Kate and Theresa are.

Ken Corday and the writers fail at everything.  The actresses who play Jordan, Serena, and Eve played very popular characters on other soaps.  There was no reason to have Clyde be yet another rapist on this show.  Xander could have been an entertaining villain.

I hope Andre's return results in the permanent deaths of several annoying boring characters.

• Love 4

Forgot to add that it is interesting that the Abigail pregnancy story seems like more of an umbrella story in its infancy (see what I did there) with a lot of characters already involved than the fetus snatch Brady/Theresa story which somehow seemed to morph into more of a Melanie than a Mel/Brady story.  The actually mother, Theresa, didn't get truly involved into the 11th hour. It also should have folded in core characters which had more of a history with Kristen.

Not to mention that Kim and shane should have  been involved..Shane is an ISA agent, and their son Andrew was once kidnapped by Shane's ex Emma and given up for adoption..Kim was away from her baby for 9 months..They could have tied that piece of history with Theresa's son being stolen by Kristen to give it more depth..It could have shown a more vulnerable side to Theresa by having her bond with her mom with losing precious moments with one's child..Missed opportunities by Tomsell..If I made a list of those, I would be a millionaire...

• Love 1

8/3/2015 Recap :)

Eve/Jennifer

Jen is in her living room and has made Grandma's donuts and wants JJ and Abby to come downstairs and have some. Eve appears and says they're never gonna have any and stabs Jennifer in the stomach, Jennifer falls down by the fireplace and dies and Eve just sits down on the couch and says it's what Jen gets for making her lose Paige and calls her a bitch and takes a donut but it's just a dream for Eve. Eve in her mind saying if only it was that easy.

Jennifer/Maggie/Eve/Eric

Jennifer is at home when her phone rings and it's Maggie and Jen says she'll be there and leaves. They're walking through the Square talking about the Horton Center being torn down because a developer is building a strip mall. Jen says it can't happen and the developer is Riley Satterfield who Jen has gone toe to toe with before. Jen says she's going to dig up whatever she can on that slime as Eve overhears.

Jen is on the phone with Mr. Satterfield who's very short with Jen and doesn't seem interested in working with her. Jen starts yelling and how she'll nail him to the wall and Satterfield hangs up on Jen. Eric arrives and Jen goes off and upset that he hung up on her, called her a fool and how she called Aiden and he said there's nothing that can be done. Eric tells her to concentrate on something else and Jen says she has to work and Eric walks her as Eve looks on.

Paige/Kyle/JJ

Paige is strolling through the park when Kyle runs into her and wants to hang out. Paige says her and Kyle is not a good idea. Paige is impressed on how Kyle got rid of Eve. Paige flashes back to her conversation with JJ. Kyle asks what's going on and Paige says what she's doing with Kyle is messed up. Kyle says she isn't doing anything and how is it being messed up if they're only friends. Kyle knows why she's acting like that as she knows what he does for a living. Paige says they shouldn't hang out and goes to leave but Kyle begs her to stay. Kyle says he doesn't like what he does but has to to survive. Paige says this isn't a third world country. Kyle says Paige grew up with a lot going for her and Kyle says his father walked out on him and his step-dad hated him and kicked him out at 16 and his mother didn't want him either. Kyle says he lived on the streets, no high school or college and what he does is enough to bring money. He says he's stuck in a life that he doesn't like. Paige apologizes and Kyle tells her not to and gets why she wants to back off and he was hoping that Paige could help him.

Paige thinks it's drugs and Kyle says it's the opposite and maybe Paige can help him get out of the drug life. Paige doesn't know who she can do that and Kyle says being around him is a start. Kyle says to have a friend that's sweet and smart and rambles on. Kyle says he would never hurt her or do anything to get her in trouble. Paige is still hesitant and Kyle says he'll text her his address and she can come by in half an hour if she wants. Kyle leaves.

Kyle is at his house and there's a knock at the door and it's JJ who wants to do business. Kyle says he was thinking about doing it later as he has things to take care of and puts the envelope in some kind of safe. Kyle says they have to plan accordingly when Kyle's phone rings and he goes to another room and tells JJ not to touch anything. JJ is looking around the house when he sees keys. Kyle returns and says they're gonna set some ground rules and JJ says he's not going to be an errand boy.  There's a knock at the door and it's Paige.

JJ/Roman/Watts

Watts and Roman are giving JJ instructions/training on how to go undercover and they'll continue training him tomorrow. Watts says the situation is dangerous and the first step is to find out who Kyle's boss is. Roman asks why JJ is wound up about Kyle. JJ says Kyle deserves to be put away and Roman tells JJ to calm down and if he can't work with them they can pull him off. Watts talks to JJ and JJ says he's in and JJ . JJ says he can wear a wire which Roman is against and Watts says they're just starting and Kyle isn't going to trust him after one drop. Roman says Kyle has to make the moves first.

JJ says he has to do something as Paige has no idea.

Theresa/Anne/Eve

Theresa arrives at Anne's office (or just a regular office) and Anne has muffins for them to celebrate when Theresa takes one and throws it in the trash. Megan ruined the whole thing. Anne said she did her best to help out and Theresa says Brady wants her to move out and don't know how she can get close to Brady if she's out of the house. Anne tells her that she needs a reality check and Theresa gets upset by what Anne says and hurls her shoe at her. Anne tells Theresa that someone can get hurt which sparks an idea in Theresa's head about someone getting hurt and praises Anne. Anne calls Theresa's plan genius and Theresa wants Anne's help and Anne says she may know someone and leaves. Theresa is hoping her plan would work.

Eve enters and tells Theresa that she needs her help and need it now and Theresa is elated to see her. Eve is in on Theresa's plan and Eve wants Theresa's help in her plan on keeping up with Jen's accounting but Theresa says Jen counts every penny. Eve has to think of another plan and tells Theresa to text her and leaves.

Anne comes back with a CD for Theresa.

Serena/Dan

Dan arrives at Serena's hotel and Serena lets him and tells him she's been thinking about what they talked about. Dan says he spoke with Nicole and it went well. Dan says Nicole gave him the whole story. Serena says it must have been hard to hear and she got no pleasure out of telling him. Dan says he came to thank her because he and Nicole are closer than ever. Serena says she missed a step and Dan says that Serena doesn't have all the facts about what happened. Dan says he knows what happened and why they kept it a secret. Dan says he has reasons for forgiving and that he and Nicole are better and stronger than ever. Serena says they're doing great and opens the door. Dan says there's something else he wants to tell her.

Dan says he didn't tell Nicole about Serena recording Eric's confessional but will tell them if he has to. Dan wants to stop this fighting and Serena thanks him for not saying anything. Dan says he doesn't hate Serena as she's a friend of Mel's and knows she made a mistake getting involved with Xander and knows she tried to help Eric and Nicole that night. Serena says she loves Eric and Dan says she lost him forever. Serena says she knows she lost him and Eric was a wonderful thing and her lies destroyed it. Dan says the best thing to do is move on and Serena thinks he means leaving Salem. Dan says everyone wants to help Eric and she has nothing in Salem. Dan says too much ugliness went down and she can start fresh somewhere else and tells her to think about it and leaves.

Serena is writing a tearful goodbye letter to Eric.

Nicole/Chloe

Is at home and baking for their picnic when there is a knock at the door and it's Chloe. They hug and Chloe says Dan doesn't know that she's here. Nicole says Parker is with Joanna and invites her in. Chloe says she'll see Parker later and asks if Dan is around and Nicole says no. Chloe says that her and Nicole need to have a good long talk. Nicole talks about the picnic with Parker and Dan. Chloe says she never seen Nicole look domesticated and compliments the ring. Nicole says they have to catch up and Chloe says Dan told her about the engagement and Chloe thought Nicole was her friend and says does Nicole have any decency. 

Nicole says they're BFFs and can't believe she would be upset. Chloe says why didn't Nicole text, e-mail, or call as she got engaged to her ex-husband and going to be Parker's step-mother. Nicole says she should have called her and not put it all on Dan. Nicole says that Chloe wasn't here and she's been dealing with Serena. Chloe says Serena is the reason that Nicole didn't call her which Nicole says yes and other things. Nicole says that her and Chloe are going to fix things and asks if Chloe is still upset and Chloe doesn't accept her apology and doesn't accept anything that's going on right now.

Chloe knows she had a problem with Dannifer and she's over Dan and thrilled that he found someone until she heard it was Nicole. Nicole asks what kind of statement that is and Chloe says that she thinks Nicole isn't good enough for Parker. Nicole gets upset and Nicole says her and Parker bonded. Chloe is talking about a stable home life which Nicole doesn't know the meaning of. Nicole brings up Chloe's past and Chloe brings up EJ, Brady, Eric, & Dan. Chloe says Nicole always screws up and when she does Parker will be in the middle. Nicole says she's changed which Chloe doesn't buy as she doesn't want to hear the "I've Changed" story and Chloe says what she's saying is coming from the heart and says Nicole never makes it to the finish line and can't have her son around that. Chloe says if Nicole loves Dan and Parker she needs to walk away.

Nicole wants Chloe to leave and Chloe says they're not done and Chloe grabs Nicole and Nicole drops the food. Chloe says she's done everyone a favor by the food falling on the floor as Nicole is a terrible cook, will be a terrible wife, mother which Nicole throws a glass of water on Chloe and the two get into a catfight. (Last scene of the day)

Eric/Brady

At Eric's house eating when Eric says that he made peace with Nicole and how everything will be fine with things being left unsaid. Brady is impressed with Eric for making his peace with Nicole but what about Serena. Eric is brief about Serena and Eric asks about Brady and Brady says they have a nanny and how Theresa is looking for an apartment but he can't trust Theresa as he doesn't believe she's apartment hunting. Brady says he wants to raise Tate in a serene environment and the extensive nanny search Theresa is staying an extra week and Eric says Theresa is adjusting to being a mother and could use some help. Brady says it's hard to look at her face as Theresa ruined his future with Mel. Eric thinks that they need distance and Brady hopes that it's today.'

Brady/Theresa

Brady arrives home and sees Theresa on the couch with a cast on her leg. Theresa says she has to put moving off on hold for a bit.

Dammit why couldn't Eve's fantasy be real?? If only someone would just kill her, then she can stab Jar Jar, Sneasel, Naggie, & Clyde and Chad if he doesn't get his shit together.

Oh Jacosta, how dare someone call you a fool and how dare someone hang up on you. I guess people are tired of hearing your pterodactyl like voice. Get the hint girl.

If only the developer will put a bulldozer through Jacosta's house with Jacosta and Jar Jar in it.

Alright Theresa, I'm still hanging in there for you (mostly because of JL) but it's not cool to hurl your shoe at Anne. Theresa really needs to stop with the schemes.

I can't say I blame Chloe for what she said, not because of AssCole's future with men, but the Sydney thing would be enough for me to question her around any children.

So let me get this straight, Kate, Hope, Lucas or even Sparkles can't get a house set but Kyle can? WTF?? Tell me I'm crazy here, I mean they can't turn the hotel sets that Lucas and Sparkles are staying at into a house set? We know they reuse the furniture so I'm not buying the budget crap.

JJ get a haircut, you looking a little silly now.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

ShadowSixx, thanks for doing these recaps.  Sometimes they are just above and beyond the call of duty.  I don't think I could manage it, between throwing MY shoes at the screen!

Thank you for taking the hit for all of us.

• Love 4

Why the fuss over Daniel? He's not hot (IMHO)

Nicole and Chloe are both very beautiful so I DO.NOT.GET.IT.

Theresa is pretty and all this stuff over Brady, yawn!

Eve, get a JOB! She's so annoying stalking Jennifer. Do any of these people have lives outside others.

Serena, boring!

I like Chad so I missed him. 

Why do I watch this? Oh that's right, it's at work and during my lunch break, haha!

• Love 2

And the most stupid crown of the day award goes to:  Eve, Theresa, Nicole, Chloe, Brady, Eric, JJ, Paige, Jacosta, Serena, Dan, and the Salem PD.  None of the men on this show are worth any of the women fighting over, scheming to get, wanting to be with, etc.  Brady and Eric are always dumb so they made the list.  The Salem PD is also always dumb, but having JJ go undercover is beyond stupid.  Paige should have left Salem and gone to Stanford.  Jacosta isn't worth Eve wasting time over, besides as much as I detest Jacosta, the reason Paige is angry at Eve is because Eve had sex with Paige's boyfriend.  Why are the people in Salem surprised when cheating ruins their relationships, or when not using birth control results in an unplanned pregnancy?

• Love 3

Damn, I was hoping the donuts would be spiked again.  Bummer.

Why did Daniel need to go visit Serena?  Just to be a dick to her?

I like Theresa's dress.  It's nice to see some color. Anne and Theresa are the evil versions of Lucy and Ethel.

Why does everybody have to shit on Nicole all the time?

Kyle is good at bullshitting. Once again another day player who's better than most of the contract actors.

It looked like Greg Vaughn and Eric Martsolf were actually eating that food.  That's rare.

How dare some plebeian dare to hang up on Jennifer Horton!?  I guess Eve is going to stop Jennifer's crusade, even if it means hurting homeless kids.

• Love 5

Why in the name of all that is holy was Sonny stopping by the park on his way home with Ari to gawp at Sparkle and Derek making out? Is San Francisco, a.k.a Salem's tiniest park (a.k.a Castle Dracula) really on the way from Ari's sitter's place? What the crap is going on?

• Love 2

Come oooooooooon show, I mean really. Chloe and Nicole having a cat fight over Daniel? (Who dressed Chloe by the way, because no.) Being upset about previous picnic food? The writers must really hate Nicole; could we maybe say something worse about her? Serena tearfully writing a letter to Stupid face #1? Theresa scheming to stay with stupid face #2? 

No man in Salem is worth any of this; and I am desperately begging the writers of this show to at least try to write women as something approaching human beings with a modicum of self-respect. 

Why in the name of all that is holy was Sonny stopping by the park on his way home with Ari to gawp at Sparkle and Derek making out? Is San Francisco, a.k.a Salem's tiniest park (a.k.a Castle Dracula) really on the way from Ari's sitter's place? What the crap is going on?

Everyone in Salem is legally mandated to visit the park at least once per day, and cannot leave until they spy on at least one other person and/or are spied upon.

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 5

Everyone is welcome, it's hard at times to sit through it, especially when certain people are on lol. Do it in case some people missed the show and have any questions on owhat went down.

Yes, thank you!!! My dvr bit the dust yesterday so I really appreciate being able to see what I missed. (Well, I wouldn't say I've been "missing" it, Bob...)

• Love 2

Why is it so acceptable for everyone to dump on Nicole. I felt so bad for Nicole in her scenes with Chloe. She seemed so happy and excited to see her "friend" only to be told that she is a piece of human garbage. I know Nicole has done some awful things, but I never saw her as an awful, or evil person. She mainly came across as damaged and lacking a sense of self-worth. It would be nice if some of the returnees included Nicole's siblings, maybe they'll be allowed to like her and treat her as a person. FU Chloe, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you, and to think I used to like your character.

Eve is not evil, she is seriously mentally unstable. Where do you go with a character who repeatedly demonstrates she needs to be institutionalized? She either acts out her fantasies (by the way, why is she so obsessed with Jennifer and killing her), and ends up dead or in jail, or she stews in her crazy and ends up locked away. Either way, there seems to be little to no way the character will be long for the show. I love Kassie DP (Blair and real Todd from OLTL are my second all-time favorite couple, behind Steve and Kayla, with Original Mason and Julia from Santa Barbara holding the third spot, with an honorable mention going to Angie and Jesse from AMC) but seriously, how ther hell did she get cast as Eve Donovan? Isn't KDP a little too old to play the part?

Never saw the appeal of Melissa Archer, so I'm not sad to see her go. The actress always came off as self-righteous and condescending to me, even on OLTL. Here's hoping Dr. Tan oils on his way out the door soon, I never liked the actor and hated him in this role, mostly for the part his character played in Jennifer's last excuse to crap on Jack while reminding the world f her saintly Hortonness (sadly, this incarnation of Jennifer bares no resemblance to the character I grew to love. Watching old S & K clips on YouTube only serves to remind me of how great Jen used to be.).

• Love 3

Everyone is welcome, it's hard at times to sit through it, especially when certain people are on lol. Do it in case some people missed the show and have any questions on what went down.

Thank you! I missed it today due to flood coverage and couldn't find it anywhere.  Do you have to wait 24 hours before watching it on NBC?

Chloe and Nicole having a cat fight over Daniel? (Who dressed Chloe by the way, because no.)

Nicole doesn't need yet another person to humiliate her on a daily basis, so hopefully the very poorly-dressed Chloe will not be sticking around.  Also, I have long hair, but you couldn't pay me to style it like a Kardashian.  It's not a good look on anyone.

Jennifer's developer troubles reminded me of the terrible screwing the people from the South Central Farm received (see the awesome film The Garden).  Fighting for homeless teens is a righteous cause so this might be a good story for Jennifer, but only if MR can dial back the Horton entitlement she wraps her character in these days. 

• Love 4

Nicole doesn't need yet another person to humiliate her on a daily basis, so hopefully the very poorly-dressed Chloe will not be sticking around.  Also, I have long hair, but you couldn't pay me to style it like a Kardashian.  It's not a good look on anyone.

I laughed out loud when Nicky opened the door and she just stood there staring in an overly tight dress. Turning around to show her ass. And then I laughed because she didn't seem to have any lines!  I HOPE she knows she's a parody of herself. 

Still, Nicole is on thin ice claiming they lost touch when Old Dingy and she were in constant contact over the kid, so it wasn't like she moved to Istanbul or something.  I like it that Nicky cares though and her swollen face looked real. 

She remembers when she and Chloe were close and she actually had a best friend.  Her sister wasn't her friend, she had an affair with EJ.

That being said, leave Nicole alone. 

Old Dingy's hair went from a mixed furball to brown shoe polish. I guess it took Days 6 mos after filming to find out everyone thought he was dirty and we were sick of the zinc washer necklace. 

Why the hell does Old Dingy care to march over to the Shrew's cave so she could bug her eyes out some more in disbelief.  Maybe her eyes don't see light very often.  Well, I was going to mention how she completely used Eeyore (because that's the only way he can have sex on this show) and more but she's leaving and we won't have to see her in royal blue spandex anymore.

I take back what I said about KM/s acting improving.  I was drawn into a scene for about 20 seconds and was completely stunned she could act that long. I don't think she dresses like a nun, I like that she's bringing back blouses and wore a work appropriate navy jacket to work.  She could exploit the tight dress thing and look just like everyone else but she doesn't.  We've discussed how some actors have imput on their look. 

I loved most of the slow Aiden/Hope relationship, he really brought out her good points and I'm sure she'll be raising the eyebrow at Bo the second he arrives.  I hope he finally burned the leather jacket but I doubt it.  I wonder why Cop Voice doesn't ask why she hasn't seen Sage or Caspar or whatever his name was because he probably killed him so he wouldn't tell Hope the truth he gaslit his wife and put the murder into motion.  I honestly hope there is some payoff with that cabin storyline around which they built that great cabin set.  I'm contradicting myself but they've had a summer's happiness, he's leaving, so let's dig into his past a little bit more.  Show must know how much he is liked.

Sorry for the rambling I'm lonely and need coworkers now.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4