Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I have to wonder if what we are watching with the Paul/Sonny/Will/Derrick is part of the tweaking by the new writers. Freddie was in Ohio for his court date, when these scenes were shot..Perhaps the beginning of it is Tomsell and whatever happens on Friday  is Higley and Company..Freddie did come back to re-shoot his exit...Freddie did say that his original exit was bizarre. I wonder what was changed.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Well.  Color me shocked that Nicole actually confessed today.  I kept waiting for it to be revealed that it was a fantasy Daniel was having.

I was floored--that this show can still surprise me after 40 years (and how bad it has been lately) is astounding. Could this mean that Nicole is no longer her worst enemy? I dare say Dan is her worst enemy. If someone looked at me with that angry look Dan looked at her, I would punch them.

• Love 5
(edited)

I am not an Abby fan, and usually I find Kate Mansi's acting to be kind of flat. That being said, today I thought Mansi's acting was really good. I wonder if she's been investing in acting lessons? If so, bravo - it shows. If they're making us watch her so much, it helps if she's actually able to act.

Edited by micat
  • Love 3
(edited)

It's Thursday and KM has been on 3x this week and probably tomorrow.  I'd feel slightly sorry for Ben if he didn't have that location app on his phone.

Nicole and Dark Roast made me ill today.  I had to stop and wonder why it was worse than not wanting to see just about anybody grope on this show.  OK, Dark Roast didn't "love" her and propose until he thought she was dead after the duct fondling.  She twisted herself in all sorts of agony over it, confessed, got the death stare and he "forgave" her then screwed her.  That is all sorts of emotional abuse.  No wonder Nicky's such a mess. This show doesn't even try for romantic.

Parker is awfully cute for a 4 year old who looks just like Dan.  Except he's 7 and I'm worried about him.

WilSon socializing some more with Paul and Derrek.  That's still wrong. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4
(edited)

Chad&Abi had great chemistry in these scenes today, Billy did so great with the material. They did great with getting Billy as a recast.

Wasn't expecting Daniel to react that way, opposite of his normal reactions when Nicole does something.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
(edited)

7/30/2015 Recap :)

JJ/Kyle/DEA Watts/Jennifer

JJ is at home twirling the envelope Kyle wants him to deliver. He calls Kyle and said the guy gave him a thank you note and Kyle says he'll get it later as he's busy on a date with Paige. JJ hangs up and tells DEA Watts who's at the house that kyle won't take the cash and Watts tells him to be patient. Jen enters the house and asks what's going on when Watts gets a call and leaves. JJ tells Jen that he was suppose to give Kyle the money tonight but not and reassures Jen that it will be fine. Jen is proud of him for doing what he's doing and she's again worried about him and JJ says it will be alright. Jen again says she's proud and if anything goes wrong and JJ says it won't and he'll be ok. JJ apologizes for the position Jen is placed in and how people will have questions and Abby will freak out. Jen doesn't care what others think and asks if JJ knows about the risks involved.

They continue talking about Jen's worries and JJ says if Kyle puts his hands on him he's going down. Jen asks about Paige which JJ doesn't care and Jen says that JJ needs to keep her in the loop about everything which JJ agrees. Jen says no drugs in the house which JJ understands and he grabs his things and leaves.

Sonny/Derrick

Sonny asks Derrick what he's doing there and Derrick said he received a text from Will on meeting there. Derrick asks Sonny does he look ok and Sonny says yes. Derrick wonders if it's four guys hanging out or a double date. Sonny says whatever happens between Derrick and Paul is none of his business. Derrick says he has a feeling that Paul still has a thing for Sonny and Derrick doesn't want to move fast and fine with being friends for now. Sonny says he'll finish cleaning and they'll leave which Sonny has a look on his face.

Ben/Will/Rafe/Sonny/Derrick/Paul

Will runs into Ben at the park and Ben says he's giving Abby a call and Will says that he ran into Abby and that she's working late tonight. Ben's phone rings and it's Rafe who needs Ben at the club as a co-worker is unable to make it and Ben agrees to take the shift. Will says that they'll be at the club.

Ben is at work and Rafe hopes he didn't screw up Ben's plans and Ben says Abby is working late. Will arrives at the club where Paul is waiting and Will thought Sonny and Derrick would be there as Sonny and Derrick arrive shortly after. Sonny and Paul walk off as they see someone. All back at the table they're having a great time when Rafe comes by and Will introduces Paul to Rafe which Rafe has a gift for Ari and he walks away. They continue to talk about commitments and Will asks Paul about Mad World and how Kate loves the new name. Paul says he would buy and Paul says he would be honored if Derrick buys it which Sonny is looking uncomfortable.

Rafe is on the phone talking about Clyde when Ben approaches and can go as the co-worker has arrives and leaves. At the table Derrick talks about not having any family. Paul says that he does and grabs Derrick's hand as two men at the club see this and shake their heads. Will is off talking to another co-worker and Derrick goes to see. They meet on the outside and Will says things are going well and the story about Derrick's parents is a lie. The two men approach Sonny and Paul and say Paul is a fairy and he's hanging out with fairies.

Chad/Abby

Abby says she only agreed to meet because of Will. Abby wants to get it over with and Chad says he doesn't want to upset her. Chad says there's a lot of people he can't go to and Abby says he can go to Will & Sonny and Chad says they're going through things. Chad says he spoke to Marlena but didn't mention Abby's name and how Marlena told him to be open and honest and it's why he's there and that the truth is he's in love with her. Abby asks how stupid does Chad think she is and having Will set up a private meeting. Abby says it isn't the truth and goes to leave and Chad says he loves her more than anyone in his entire life and going out of his mind because he keeps screwing everything up. Abby says nobody has treated her the way he has and Chad apologizes for it.

Abby says she didn't know anyone could be as cruel as EJ and Sami and she gave Sami a reason to hate her. Abby wants to know what's the truth because Chad plotted and schemed to get her back and Chad wanted to degrade and humiliate her. Chad says he heard Abby tell Ben she loved him in the garden and Abby says Chad was jealous and that's his reasons for saying those things to her and she tells Chad to get out. Abby is going to leave since Chad won't and Chad blocks the doorway as he's not going to give up. Abby wants Chad to finish up, Chad says what happened that night and the next morning was amazing for him and he realizes how much he loves her as he was watching her sleep and how perfect she is. Abby says she's far from perfect. Chad says he messed up everything and will do anything to make it up to her to make sure she has the best and that she's happy because that's what you do for the woman you love. Abby says Chad didn't do that and Chad talks about Stefano which Abby doesn't know what he's talking about and wants Chad to tell her the truth.

Chad says he wasn't jealous when Abby told Ben that she loves him and how Ben or Abby is a good guy (kind of losing interest at this point) Chad says he had to be cruel to make sure there was nothing between them and starts to cry. Abby asks what has changed, Chad says he thought that he could forget and move on but every time he sees and thinks about her he can't help himself and loves her and deep down hopes Abby feels the same way.

Chad says what Abby has with Ben isn't what they have and no matter how they try to deny it, they can't. Chad goes in for a kiss as Ben arrives outside Sonny and Will's doorstep. (Abby and Chad actually don't kiss)

Nicole/Dan/Parker

Nicole says Dan now knows what happened that night and sorry she didn't handle it differently and took so long for her to say anything and now wants to know if Dan will forgive her and if what they have is over. Dan doesn't answer and Nicole asks him to say something and Nicole is about to leave when Dan says don't she dare. Dan says he can't let her leave after what she said and he won't let Nicole walk out of his life. Nicole asks what does Dan want her to do which Dan wants her to answer one question for him. Dan flashes back to Serena playing the recording and Dan says she almost made love to Eric and kept it from him. Nicole says they stopped and convinced herself that Dan didn't need to know. Nicole wants to know what Dan is thinking and believes that she's telling the truth.

Dan says that earlier that he knew Nicole and asked her to be honest and believed that she was and understands now that what happened and why she didn't want to tell him. Nicole says she didn't want to hurt him and Dan says that Nicole told him everything and what more could he ask for as he loves her and would be upset if Nicole walked out of the door. Dan tells her not to go anywhere and to please not take off the ring as he wants to spend the rest of his life with her and only her and they kiss. Get on the couch and start to make love and we have to see it. They finish and on the couch in afterglow and Nicole is glad she told Dan as Dan is too and Dan says they came a long way. Nicole says she loves Dan and only Dan which Dan reciprocates and says that they'll have a perfect life and mention Parker and knows he'll be home any minute and quickly get dressed.

Parker now home and Parker talks about eating popcorn with Victor. Dan talks about plans for tomorrow and how Parker needs to get ready for bed and Parker says he's not tired but Dan says he has a story for Parker on him being the luckiest dad in the world.

Paige/Kyle/Eve/JJ

At the Square on their date, they're talking about places to go when Eve walks up and Eve an Paige exchange looks. Kyle asks what's wrong and Paige points out Eve and says that's his mother and they're not on speaking terms which Kyle gets. Kyle says he can get rid of Eve. Kyle approaches Eve and introduces himself and knows that things aren't going well between them and Kyle says Paige doesn't want to talk to her right now. Kyle says Paige is a sweet girl and Eve seems cool and that Paige needs some time and the typical mother/daughter relationship. Kyle hopes they can figure it out which Eve hopes so and Kyle tells her not to push too hard which Eve says Kyle is right and thanks him and walks off. Paige is happy with what Kyle did.

JJ sees Kyle and Paige and Paige has to get back to the dorm and Kyle offers to walk her back but Paige declines. They say goodbye and Paige leaves. JJ puts the envelope in a newspaper and hands it to Kyle and Kyle asks if JJ seen him with Paige which JJ doesn't care and JJ says Kyle will see that Paige is high maintenance. Kyle says he'll see JJ tomorrow and leaves.

Eve/Jennifer

They see each other at TBD and Eve is glad to run into Jen andd says she's happy Paige is moving on from JJ and onto Kyle. Jen asks if he goes to Salem U and Eve thinks he does. Jen says Eve doesn't know anything about Kyle and all she knows is that it isn't JJ. Jen says any decent parent would put their children first but not Eve. Eve doesn't like that Jen called her a bad parent which Jen says is the truth and Jen leaves as Eve tells her to look in the mirror. Eve calls Jen a sanctimonious bitch and says she can't let it go and will find a way.

Ben

Ben is walking through the park and calls Abby and leaves a voice message that he'll be home soon and that he loves her, Ben tells himself that Abby is at the hospital. Ben tracks Abby and asks what she's doing there and walks off.

F.Y.I. Jar Jar, EJ wasn't cruel to you, he basically told you upfront how he would treat you if the affair continued. He said he would treat you like a mistress. He's cruel because he didn't want to give you more dick. Unidentified Species, get the hell on somewhere. Yes, you gave Sami plenty of reason to hate you, but I see she failed to mention Sami's parting words to her that she doesn't hate her anymore, just that they're never going to be friends.

Chad turn off the damn waterworks getting all emotional over that thing that was created in a petri dish. He's so damn stupid and forever on my shit list.

This Sonny/Sneasel/Sparkles/Derrick story is so damn contrived. Why is Sonny looking all uncomfortable? He said nothing will happen between him and Sparkles and wants Sparkles to find happiness with someone else. If Sonny was suppose to be uncomfortable about his feelings for Sparkles, they should have showed that earlier on and not have Sonny keep pushing Sparkles away. Derrick who has always shown to be interested in Sparkles is now resorting to lying to get Sparkles interest. Oy. Now we have to deal with gay bashing.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6
(edited)

Sometimes you do not realize how not over someone you are until you see them trying to move on  with someone else. Sonny has been making googly eyes at Paul every now and then. I really wish Sonny had ditched Will's cheating ass and hooked up with Paul. Honestly, if Sonny was a lady with two men fighting over her, we know this would have happened.

Either way, super original writers, gay bashing!!

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

Count me as another surprised viewer that Dr. Tan didn't drag Nicole over the coals again.  Surely he will be back to his old self tomorrow.

I didn't think it was possible for GW to look any more elfin, but I was wrong. 

Poor Billy Flynn. He's desperately trying, but KM is an asexual chemistry void who makes bizarre acting choices.  I will never understand why Days thought she could or should be a leading figure. 

It's Thursday and KM has been on 3x this week and probably tomorrow. 

And when she's not on, most of the other characters are talking about her.  I really resent this Sonny Corinthos-level of character propping and pushing. 

• Love 7

Sometimes you do not realize how not over someone you are until you see them trying to move on  with someone else. Sonny has been making googly eyes at Paul every now and then. I really wish Sonny had ditched Will's cheating ass and hooked up with Paul. Honestly, if Sonny was a lady with two men fighting over her, we know this would have happened.

Either way, super original writers, gay bashing!!

I agree with the googly eyes.  They were back today but I doubt they have time on screen left to do anything about it.  I'm anticipating Paulsonus interruptus.  Boo.

The gay-bashing scene was pretty 90s. Of course violence and prejudice against LGBT individuals unfortunately happens, but if TIIC want to actually make a statement about that, it would be refreshing to see them do it in a way that hadn't been ham handedly done 10,000 times already.

I have to agree with everyone about Abby. I watch Days casually; I only started when KDP did. So I don't have any deep feelings for any of the characters. I'm usually able to accomplish watching shows like this without too much hatred directed at individual characters (Hope on B&B was pretty close though.) But with Abby, there's no getting away from her. You can fast-forward her scenes, but then everyone is still talking about her. Like 80% of the show is about her; I can't take it. I can deal with characters I don't like, but it would be nice if there were a good chunk of the show that had nothing to do with her.

• Love 10

Gee, Derrick, why would anybody think that Paul might still have a thing for Sonny?

Hey, Ben, you didn't hear Rafe talking about "Weston"?

Victor went to Minions.  I'd love to see that.

They're just now doing gay bashing, after all these years?

• Love 1

The gay-bashing scene was pretty 90s. Of course violence and prejudice against LGBT individuals unfortunately happens, but if TIIC want to actually make a statement about that, it would be refreshing to see them do it in a way that hadn't been ham handedly done 10,000 times already.

I have to agree with everyone about Abby. I watch Days casually; I only started when KDP did. So I don't have any deep feelings for any of the characters. I'm usually able to accomplish watching shows like this without too much hatred directed at individual characters (Hope on B&B was pretty close though.) But with Abby, there's no getting away from her. You can fast-forward her scenes, but then everyone is still talking about her. Like 80% of the show is about her; I can't take it. I can deal with characters I don't like, but it would be nice if there were a good chunk of the show that had nothing to do with her.

Yes and I wouldn't mind the little petri dish if writers stop propping her and having characters talk about her all the damn time. Make her actually be punished for the things that she do instead of everyone turning a blind eye to it and under the impression that she's some princess because she's none of those things. She's a princess that reigns over the pits of hell. 

• Love 7

I hate to admit it but KM's acting has improved slightly.  At least her mouth isn't hanging open but I can't take my eyes off that huge jaw.  Still, there's no way being on my screen 4 hours a week will ever be ok.  Anyway, poor BF and the writing.  Making him cry over the Jar Jar.  I was looking at his small eyebrows and coloring and was reminded how some of us thought he would have made a better Phillip.  Original Chad had some chemistry with Chandler M that would have made an interesting twist instead of nonentity Derrick, wouldn't it?  I'm not going to work out the family ties at the moment though!

• Love 4

Sami was cruel?  Shut up, you annoying boring twit.  You stated flat out you didn't give a damn if Sami or her children were hurt.  Sami should have stomped Slappy into the ground and set her on fire.

Oh great, more of the Nicole apologizes for existing tour of Salem.  Followed by more of the writers wasting JL's talents in Theresa's boring and senseless storyline.

Please return to Salem soon Sami, and shoot several people in the head.

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm barely into the first 15 minutes and DAMN I wish Abigail would just swallow her own tongue and choke to death.  EJ was cruel and degrading, SAMI was cruel and degrading??  Really, you worthless sack of Hoohaws??  She chased EJ down numerous times like he was part of her triathalon, accepted Sami's friendship and then screwed her guy behind her back.  The whole town then BLAMED Sami while they let this little viper off the hook - and CHAD is the mean lying two-faced jackass?

Too much for me to bother watching more of.  I only hope whatever happens to her involves MUCH more pain and perhaps, finally, at least a touch of humiliation.

And we've got Dan, doing his best AKTING, grabbing Nicole and saying...."URRRRRRRRRRRRR.....notgoingANNNNNNNNNNNEEE where".  Shawn Christian is as terrible an actor as his character is a human being.  

I'd rather watch Maggie do a strip tease than this nonsense.

Oh, one more thing.  Will somebody PLEASE tell Guy Wilson that when he does his "dramatic" pursing of the lips, he looks like he's impersonating an anus?

(edited to remove the answer to buffynut's question, which ShadowSixx had already answered.)

Edited by boes
  • Love 12

AZ needs to sneak into the writers' room and steal the S, O, R and Y keys.

That said, I must admit I am looking forward to Eric's reaction when he finds out Dan knows all but he's still planning to marry Nicole and Nicole's still planning to marry him. We might get the pissy face to end all pissy faces.

My problem with the gay-bashing is that it feels much like when the show does rape - instead really addressing it, it's just a cheap plot point. Today a man stabbed six people who were marching in Jerusalem's gay pride parade - and get this, he'd just gotten out of prison three weeks ago after serving a ten-year sentence for...stabbing people at the 2005 Jerusalem gay pride parade. So I'm not in the mood for a poorly-done gay-bashing.

• Love 8
(edited)

I should have quit while I was ahead.  I just saw Chad tear up while talking to that thing.  It's not a good look for him.  Or anyone.  Unless he's tearing up from being overcome by the stink of delusional and perpetual victimhood.  Smells like braunschweiger, I think.

And as one of already said, it's pretty rich for Jenn to call anyone else a bad mother when we watch Abigail.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Ugh watching Chad cry over Abifail makes me mad - he should never be crying over her - she's not worth his tears.    And she is a stupid twit for even thinking that Sami was mean to her - Sami should have ripped Abifail's hair out.   I will always be Team Sami

I'm actually surprised that Dr. Tan is staying with Nicole - she did have to cry & beg which was not surprising since that's all they ever have her do.    I still wish they would hook her up with Rafe.

Can someone please give JJ a haircut????    And have him stop moping over Paige??   

• Love 5
(edited)

AZ needs to sneak into the writers' room and steal the S, O, R and Y keys.

That said, I must admit I am looking forward to Eric's reaction when he finds out Dan knows all but he's still planning to marry Nicole and Nicole's still planning to marry him. We might get the pissy face to end all pissy faces.

My problem with the gay-bashing is that it feels much like when the show does rape - instead really addressing it, it's just a cheap plot point. Today a man stabbed six people who were marching in Jerusalem's gay pride parade - and get this, he'd just gotten out of prison three weeks ago after serving a ten-year sentence for...stabbing people at the 2005 Jerusalem gay pride parade. So I'm not in the mood for a poorly-done gay-bashing.

That is true..I would not trust them to do a storyline about #Blacklivesmatter involving Theo, the only young black male currently on canvas...I always find it funny that Wilson don't have gay friends and Abe/Lexie never had any Black friends....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's official: I'm completely over WilSon & it's Will's fault. Time & time again, Will keeps doing things to prove that he's not only unworthy of Sonny, he's not ready for a real relationship. Will's so toxic that his stupidity has even infected Sonny, hence his blaming himself for pushing Will farther than he could handle. There's nothing wrong with Sonny that an attitude adjustment & a spine transplant won't cure. Sonny needs to not only stop taking the rap for Will, he he needs to show Will that he's not going to take anymore shit from him, which is why Sonny should've dumped Will's sorry, lying & cheating ass. Since Will not only doesn't learn from his mistakes, he just keeps making bigger ones, Sonny should just move on & cut Will lose for Will's sake and his own IMO Wil's never going to change as long as Sonny is there, which is why Sonny should've left..Part of the reason why Will acts like an asshole is because Sonny is sthere, basically giving Will permission to take him for granted. If Will had sown his wild oats before marriage, it probably wouldn't be in trouble in the first place.  However, I don't blame Sami. Will embodies many of Sami's worst traits, but his mistakes are his and his alone. Will pursued Sonny, Will married Sonny & Will cheated on Sonny by choice, not by force. Like Sami at her worst, Will's never sorry for his fuck-ups until he gets caught and even then he not only doesn't take real responsibility for long, 9 times out of 10 he makes things worse. Will's recent schemes, whether it's bribing their couples therapist into making Will look good, using Ari to shame Sonny into going to the picnic with him or pushing Derrick & Paul together are childish, desperate and pathetic, even for him.

Of course, Will's latest scheme du jour of siccing Derrick on Paul is already backfiring, as it should, thanks to Lucas' busting Will. While Lucas was wrong to claim that Will's worse than Sami, especially given his own penchant for scheming in the past with & without Sami, he was right to put Will on blast for his latest scam in the name of saving what's left of his shitty excuse of a  marriage. The more Will tries to prove he's right for Sonny, the more wrong Will is. As for the homophobes, yawn. That's so 20th century.

Re Chabifail, Chad's forcing Abby to listen to his excuses and his tearful professions of "twu wuv" are bad enough, but Fail's falling for it is not only worse, it's predictable. If a guy had told me that he treated me like shit for my own good, I'm be offended, not flattered. If you're not gonna treat me right at all times, then don't waste my time. That said, Clyde's interference sucks. Fail deserves to be read for filth for her perpetual skankiness, but not by someone who's worse than her.

Theresa needs to meet Chad like yesterday.

Amen to that. As much as I hate both characters, putting them together make them watchable & redeemable-two things that Fail & Chabifail will never be, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3
(edited)

That was the fight..How lame! I have seen worst fights on the streets of New York..I swear Tomsell just sucks..How did  the past the interview process to get an office in the writing room...The show clearly is in transition, you have the stench of Tomsell mixed with the new writers tweaking. We had some bicentennial reshoots. I think maybe lots of the Haiden stuff was reshoots.

The Perrick/Wilson date was contrived and silly...and very predictable that Sonny would walk Arianna home through the dark park's bushes.Does Sonny want Paul and is  staying with Will and Ari out of obligation? Whatever it is, I no longer care.....The writers clearly had no long-term plan when writing this stupid triangle between Paul/Sonny/Will, it is nothing like the Roman/Marlena/John triangle that was character-driven and not plot-driven like Wilson/Paul...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't know where this goes, but the twins who played Johnny have joined the cast of the Full House spinoff.

Probably the "Days Stars in other Roles" thread or the "Behind the Scenes" thread. But I'm not sure hee hee

Edited by Petunia13

I'm sorry but I am not seeing any improvement to KM's acting--she's screwing up her face and speaking in a gasping voice but I'm not seeing any actual tears.  And I'm not understanding what the angst is for.  Abby now has everything--Chad and Ben are both madly in love with her and whomever the baby's father is will gladly be with her and grateful she chose him.  Seriously, there is absolutely no drama in this because Abby has a safe net if Chad's the father.  This story is ridiculous.

I still love Hope and Aiden and I'm afraid of how they will be destroyed.

There is no way in hell Sonny would ever choose to hang out with Will and Paul and Will should be ashamed to be anywhere near Paul while he's in Sonny's presence.

• Love 6

Sonny and Marlena have been pushing for Will to stop scheming and befriend Paul because he is the best thing since sliced bread....Even Jarlena are always talking about the wonders of Paul, how great he is and so marvelous...The constant propping of Paul is nauseating...Noone is that perfect and wonderful...

• Love 2

I still love Hope and Aiden and I'm afraid of how they will be destroyed.

I like them too.  And though I'm looking forward to seeing Bo (I hadn't watched in years until last summer so it's been a long time since I've seen Bo), I still feel kind of sad that they need to break up the only mature and realistic romance on the show to accomodate his return.

So that was the "night ends in violence"?  Thought we were actually going to get a Friday cliff-hanger for a change.  Last time I'm going to watch based only on the spoilers.

• Love 2

I just read an interview with Melissa Archer with Michael Fairman. The one thing that shocked me was that she met Ken Corday for the first time on her last day. How is that possible? Isn't he the executive producer? I see him in pictures with other cast members on set and at the Emmys. Isn't Ken Corday on set everyday? I know that Frank Valentini is on the GH set everyone (for better or for worse) and, I just assumed that all executive producers know or have met their cast members. I just thought it was odd.

• Love 8

I get the impression that Melissa did not have a good experience with Greg Vaughn..He was pretty vocal about his displeasure with his storyline with Nicole and Serena...Melissa should have been Sarah Horton..what a waste! When was the last time that Naggie mentioned her daughters Melissa and Sarah or her grandson Nathan..Oh wait, she is all about her egg baby, Philip's son and Teeth....

• Love 3

7/31/2015 Recap :)

Kate/Justin

Justin and Kate read about the Narita by Mad World and Kate says that they should maybe give Will some money for the idea on the name change. They make a toast to the success of their cosmetics and Kate asks about Lucas' court filings and Justin says it's gone and Justin calls Kate more devious and cutthroat than Lucas which is how he wants her. Kate tells him to watch his back and Justin says he can take care of himself. Kate says she should go and Justin says they have more to discuss which is Clyde.

Kate says her private life is her business and wonders if Vic put Justin up to it which Justin says it's his own doing and says Clyde smells of trouble. Kate says trouble doesn't scare her as Clyde is no more trouble than the other men she's been with. Justin says that he does care about Kate. Justin talks up Kate and how she's a friend and he wants her to be careful and Kate says she will and thanks Justin and leaves.

Aiden/Hope

They're at the park looking at the stars which Hopes says is a wonderful night and don't want it to end and Aiden says it doesn't have to and they kiss. They continue to talk and kiss. They now play a game of find the star like north star and other named stars. Aiden gets off the bench and they start to dance and kiss. They continue on with talking and kissing. They're walking through the Square and Aiden would like to walk her home but Hope says she can take care of herself and Aiden walks off. Hope takes out her phone and flashes back to overhearing Aiden and Rafe's conversation.

Chad/Ben/Abby/Will

Chad goes in for the kiss as Ben is about to knock on the door when his phone rings. Abby and Chad hear the phone and Abby opens the door and nobody is there. Ben's call is from Clyde. Abby says this is a stupid mistake and says she can't do this and Chad says is it because of Ben which Abby flashes back to conversation with Will. Abby goes to leave and Chad says he loves Abby and hopes she feel that. Abby wants to know why Ben is doing this as Chad can't pressure her as it's the wrong time. Chad says it's going to be worse later since things are going to get serious between her and Ben. Abby doesn't answer and Chad asks if he's too late.

Abby says she's living with Ben and Chad says briefly as she just moved in. Chad says Abby deserves better and Abby tells him to stop. Chad says it's a lot and feels out of nowhere to Abby and she doesn't have to say anything else and whatever happens he wants her to understand that she wasn't used and that he wants to be with her because he loves her and that she's loved and Abby says she knows. Abby says she needs time to think and Chad says he knows she can't make promises but that he's here and Abby leaves. Outside she cries for about a millisecond and then walks off.

Will arrives home as Sonny went to pick up Ari and Chad tells him that Abby left. Will asks if it went well and Chad says Abby heard him and that she believes that he loves her. Will asks if Chad will give Abby room which Chad says he will and that he'll respect whatever decision she makes. Chad believes that there's a connection and knows that Abby still loves him. Will tells Chad to be careful and Chad says they're meant to be together and how Abby can't forget what they said. Will tells Chad to not count on it and Chad says they're going to be together. Chad leaves.

Sonny/Paul/Derrick/John/Marlena/Will/Rafe/Gay Bashers/Clyde

Guys are harassing Sonny and Paul while outside Marlena and John arrive and Will introduces Derrick to them and Will and Derrick go inside. Inside Sonny tells them to walk away, one of the men snark at Sonny about having a girlfriend and Will comes and says that Sonny is his husband. One guy calls the club an alternative lifestyle club and calls it a fag bar and if Paul is going to rub his lifestyle in everyone's faces, prepare to hear some things they're not going to like. Paul says that they owe his friends an apology which one guys shoves him and Derrick steps in and the guy punches Derrick in the face, Paul punches the guy and a fight erupts between all of them.

John and Rafe come in and break it up and one guy continues to bash Paul even when John announces himself as a cop and questions John's parenting skills on Paul being gay. Rafe throws both the gay bashers out of the club. Paul and John exchange words which results in Paul leaving and Marlena volunteers to talk to Paul. Rafe comes back and gives them an update and tells them the next drinks are on Victor. Marlena is outside of the club and Paul walks up and Marlena asks how he's doing which Paul says not good.

John and Rafe are toasting and John says he should have known when people are stupid. Rafe says it throws people off when stupid people are dressed up. Outside Paul says he's been living in a bubble and Marlena says he helped people when he came out and changed their lives and for Paul to not forget that. Paul thanks her and Marlena goes back inside. Paul enters the club and briefly talks with John and goes to check on Derrick. Derrick says he's not going to let what happened ruin his night while Sonny and Will have to leave to go and pick up Ari. Sonny is gonna say goodbye to Rafe and Paul goes with him. Will tells Derrick good luck but not like he's going to need it and gives him a wink.

Marlena outside the club, Clyde approaches her and tells her that he scheduled an appointment and not because of what Marlena says but it's the right thing to do and they enter the club as Rafe and John take a look. John says there's something about Clyde. John knows Hope clams up when talking about Clyde and asks what does Rafe think and Marlena says she thinks that she would like to dance and they hit the dance floor. Rafe watches and flashes back to Aiden and Hope dancing at the club and Clyde says that Rafe looks like he rather be on the dance floor than tending bar. Rafe asks Clyde if Kate finally kicked him to the curb since he's there alone.

Meanwhile Marlena and John are talking about Paul and if John believes what the basher said that if John was there when Paul was young, Paul wouldn't be gay. John says being gay isn't a choice and knows that and Marlena says Tori did a good job and John thinks he could have helped Paul be who he is. Marlena says that Paul knows that John loves him and that's all that matters.

Rafe gets a phone call from Hope and Rafe says he can't tell her what Aiden says and can't talk as Clyde is at the club. Hope asks to meet tomorrow which Rafe says he can't because he's meeting Gabi and will call her later. After the call Hope sees the flyer for the bicentennial on the bench, looks at it and smiles and walks away with a smile. (Last scene of the day)

Ben/Clyde/Abby

Ben meets with Clyde at the park and Clyde says they need to talk about Abby. Ben wants to know why they want to talk about Abby, Clyde says that today is Ben's mother's birthday. Ben forgot and Clyde produces a ring which was a gift that Clyde was going to give to Ben's mother and wants Ben to have to give to Abby. Clyde talks about saving the ring and all that and Clyde says when he thinks about Abby and Ben, he thinks they should have the ring and tells Ben to put the ring on Abby's finger tonight.

Clyde says Abby is beautiful, thoughtful, cares about her family and that if he loves Abby why wait. Ben says he loves Abby but doesn't want to pressure her and Clyde says he shouldn't let Abby get away. Ben receives a text from Abby on her being home and Clyde says that Ben shouldn't let Abby go. Ben thanks Clyde and walks off.

Ben is at home now looking at the ring box when Abby arrives and Ben tries to stash in his pocket. Abby asks what it is which Ben says nothing and Abby says if it's nothing he might want to stash it away since it's sticking out of his pocket. Ben wants to be honest and takes the box out and opens it up showing Abby the ring. Abby asks if Ben purchased it and Ben says no it was his mothers and Clyde gave it to him and Ben says he loves Abby and all that he thinks about and it would mean a lot to him for Abby to put the ring on her finger and marry him. Abby doesn't answer which Ben says it's a lousy proposal and Ben says he doesn't want to be with anyone else and them living together has been going great which Abby agrees. Ben says he's not talking about getting married tomorrow but when it's the right time and the way Abby wants it. Ben kisses her and asks Abby to think about it. Ben goes to take a shower. Abby is about to burst in tears again.

Abby's phone rings and it's Will who tells Abby about his conversation with Chad. Abby is about to cry again and calls it a mess and Will says the paternity test will help her make a decision about Ben and Chad. Abby asks why she does things to herself.

Paul/Derrick/Sonny/Ari

Now at the park they talk about what happened at the club. Derrick talks about having trouble with people in the southside and brushes it off by making jokes. Paul and Derrick kiss. Derrick knows Paul wants to be friends and Paul tells him to stop talking and kisses him as Sonny has Ari sees them kissing and walks away.

I can so see Justin and Kate hooking up and getting it on. That should make Adrienne's head explode into pieces.

Nobody bothers to press charges for fighting, nobody is arrested, no wonder people in Salem think they can get away with everything. 

Yawn, ummm no, Sparkles was better off without you, he already was in trouble with having Carbon Narita for a mother. We all know she was dull as dishwater and Yawn would have made it worse. Instead of being gay, Paul probably would have became a serial killer with Yawn around.

Mannequin come on now just because Clyde gave you that ring that came out of the gumball machine doesn't mean you immediately ask for Jar's Jar's paws in marriage. Damn what an idiot. Needs to go back and get re-manufactured.

Then we have Chad who's so self assured that Jar Jar is going to change her mind about him and how they're going to be together, acting like a hyped up cave man. Chad go sit your ass down somewhere.

Speaking of Little Miss Petri Dish, either cry or don't, she makes these horrible cry faces but not one single tear runs down her cheek. I guess Jar Jar's can't form tears so I guess the first step in analyzing this unidentified species is that they belong somewhere in the crocodile family. So we have our first clue in analyzing what species she belongs to.

What really confuses me is how the results of a paternity test is suppose to effect Jar Jar's decision between Mannequin and Chad. Why?? So whoever the father is, is that who Jar Jar wants to be with, out of what, pure obligation, not love? If she's with Mannequin and the baby is Chad's then she will have to go the Brady/Theresa route of parenting together even though they're not together. Oh wait if the baby is Chad's Jar Jar is gonna run off to Europe. I'm pretty sure Europe would think that they're being invaded by aliens if Jar Jar shows back up.

Sonny, come on now, you pick up Ari and don't take her straight home at night (don't know what time it is in Salem), just so he can witness Sparkles and Derrick kiss. Oy. This story needs to end because of what writers should have been writing in the beginning, they wait until the end when I bet the story is almost over. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Good, there was not much of the gay-bashing.

Ugh, I want to complain about the wasted potential of Paul/Sonny. Like when they were all flirty with each other a few episodes ago, it was really cute, CS and FS have a nice chemistry together. Now Sonny is leaving soon, what is he point of him getting jealous over seeing Paul with someone else? Months ago they could have done a lot more. There were so many other ways this whole love triangle could have been written better. I personally quite liked the Paul/Sonny backstory. All the excitment of the secrecy, the travelling and how eventually the novelty of it started to wear off and they seperated because they wanted different things... But then they found each other again, only Sonny has moved on and is married. But there is still something there.

Instead of Paul chasing Sonny who is married and being a little annoyingly persistant in his attempt to pursue Sonny, they could have done this months ago to have Sonny show more feelings towards Paul. Instead of Sonny and his mixed signals, the other times he clearly says "No, not interested. I am married." but other times they have Sonny give him googly eyes or not even deny he still has some feelings for him. Will has cheated on Sonny twice, and how out of character that Sonny still stayed with Will after that. I am pretty sure Sonny would have dumped him months ago rather than putting up with Will's bullshit. If Sonny were even written in-character, he would have gone all Kirirakis on Will and cheated on him right back or just ditched him and move on.

And we also have Will acting like a tool.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 5
(edited)

The should  have had Sonny torn between Will and Paul without resorting to destroy Will to make Paul the anointed one, the messiah in Sonny's life...It was unimaginative...I hate Paul. He's weaseled his way into every storyline, just as Daniel has. I'm so sick of him. Go away. I don't give a fuck if he's John's "son", that doesn't make me care about him at all or his storylines. Like I said before: go. away. Paul, Abigail and Daniel have to be deified by the people of Salem...It is annoying how he is the topic of conversation when John and Marlena are together, they don't even talk about their daughter Belle and granddaughter Claire like they talk about Saint Paul...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Kate's private life is off limits, but she keeps snarking at Adrienne and Lucas. It would be interesting to see a Kate and Justin pairing.

Where is Hope armed, in that short dress and only carrying that little purse?

Is seeing Derrick and Paul kiss the reason Sonny leaves town?  smdh

Show, stop hitting us over the head with the bicentennial.

• Love 1

Chad and Abigail are more suited to each other than EJ and Abigail (maybe Abigail seems less cuckoo for cocoa puffs with Chad since she's not imagining him loving her?), but I still feel as though Abigail's idiocy rubs off too much on Chad. It's like any man who gets with her seems to become dumber in my eyes. 

I also feel as though Chad and Abigail should have more tension because of the whole Ben thing, but something is lacking that I can't put my finger on. There's really no reason for them to be in this much angst. Just dump Ben, have your baby (I guess I'm operating on the assumption the baby will be a Dimera), and live happily ever after with Chad. See? Easy. 

Edited to add:

Even if Abigail were to admit to Ben that she cheated, I figure he'd be dumb enough to beg her to stay with him. The worst that could happen is that Ben dumps her, she runs to Chad, and everything would be fine. And yet I still think Abigail would have two guys fighting over her anyway, which she tends to enjoy. So it feels as though Abigail really has nothing to lose. 

On another note, this show has really done a number on Abigail's hair. I'm not really sure what's going on with her make-up either..

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7

Yea but if Jar Jar dumps Ben, and Ben moves on to let's say Theresa, Jar Jar would have a problem with that. Didn't she get in a little snit when Cameron took Gabi out on a date or was with Gabi at event as just being friends.

• Love 4

She did.  When Sami dared to kiss EJ, her fiancée, the boring twit acted like Sami was the interloper.  Jar Jar was bad mouthing Chad when Jordan was dating him.  Somehow in all of these situations, Slappy manages to make herself out to be the victim.  I think she tried that with Austin and Carrie to.

• Love 6

The Salem brain seems to with Justin today.  It sure isn't with Ben, but to be fair, he hardly ever gets to hold it anyway.  

Abigail is AMAZING, Abigail is who he's been waiting for all his life, and someday, if he's really, really good, Gepetto might actually make him a REAL boy.

Until then, poor Ben better hope that Abigail has a thing for Cracker Jack rings.

But what Abigail REALLY has a thing for is messing with two guys at a time.  And she also really gets off crying about it all.  

Yeah, she must be a LOT of fun in the sack.

• Love 6

I like Hope and Aiden so much.  KA and DG are so great together.  This is one of those cases where it really hurts this soap to be shooting so far in advance.  They have no idea who the audience has formed an attachment to, and vice versa.  That stupid hillbilly is the other side of the coin.  He's been on for several months too long and I can not wait for him to leave.  Wonder if JR knew his character's stay in Salem would mean not so much story for him but a goodly amount of Abigail propping.

So GV was vocal about not liking his story with Nicole and Serena?  I don't read much soap press except for what's posted here, so I'm curious about what made him unhappy.  Is he not upset that his character is a pissy, boring little puritan?

I'm sorry but I am not seeing any improvement to KM's acting--she's screwing up her face and speaking in a gasping voice but I'm not seeing any actual tears. 

She's terrible.  Making stupid faces, holding herself like she has a stomach ache, and breathing like she's working her way through a contraction are such wrong and bizarre choices.  And the woman can't cry!  Why is this person a lead character on the show, especially when Days has actual, talented actors who are relegated to the background or worse, put on Abigail propping duty!  It's mind boggling and a bit infuriating.  If it has this effect on me, I can't imagine how demoralizing it has to be for the actors.  It's no wonder James Scott left.  Knowing he was going to be paired with her, after already being unhappy playing the same stories over and over again, had to have sealed the deal.

• Love 7