Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It confounds me that this show does not see Eric as a romantic lead despite his pedigree and Greg Vaughan playing him - they made him a celibate priest and kept him that way for years, for crying out loud! I remember the scene where Eric was drugged up to the gills by Kristen for rape and he played it crazy hot. And there I was thinking to myself, jeez, what a waste, the only way you can get this guy to play a love scene if he's being raped.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Aymery said:

It confounds me that this show does not see Eric as a romantic lead despite his pedigree and Greg Vaughan playing him - they made him a celibate priest and kept him that way for years, for crying out loud! I remember the scene where Eric was drugged up to the gills by Kristen for rape and he played it crazy hot. And there I was thinking to myself, jeez, what a waste, the only way you can get this guy to play a love scene if he's being raped.

The only Brady this show has any interest in writing for is Sami and I despise her. Otherwise I agree and I'm not overly fond of Eric but at least he's warranted for that type of role compared to Rafe, Ben etc the show insists are the ones who should be leading this show.

19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fucking hell. An Eric/Nicole/Sarah/Rafe love square?! The mere thought makes me want to commit murder lol.

Actually its more Eric/Nicole/Sarah/Xander but I guess they could switch out Rafe for Xander here.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Actually its more Eric/Nicole/Sarah/Xander but I guess they could switch out Rafe for Xander here.

I don't wish to watch any version of that. At least Rafe adds a new element to the been-there-done-that Nicole/Eric/Sarah/Xander situation. I will be fast forwarding it so I guess it's irrelevant to me lol.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

What about Gwen? she doesn’t seem like the type to go away quietly.  

Potential Spoiler

Spoiler

I could've sworn I read that EOB was going to be written off the show along with Marci

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

What about Gwen? she doesn’t seem like the type to go away quietly.  

I'm assume she will be pregnant and be a thorn in Sarah's side once her memory comes back

Edited by brisbydog
  • Love 4

I really enjoyed today's episode.  Maybe because Eric and Nicole were fighting their feeling for each other.  But even the Ava/Abby, Leo/Craig and Chloe, and even Bonnie & Nancy kept my interest. 

Still don't believe Leo isn't out to get Craig's money, and wonder if he'd fight the prenup on the fact that he didn't have his lawyer present when he signed it.

And can't quite see where they would go with Clyde and Nancy, but it's such a different paring, that I'm up for it.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I wondered if Leo signed the right name   Maybe he signed it Matty Stark.  

That's exactly what I was thinking. Although, you'd think Craig would have noticed. He's such an idiot though so who knows.

I enjoyed this ep, too. I did skip the Nicole/Eric scenes though. I just don't give a shit and it's like the same thing over and over again with them.

• Love 10

I have to say Nicole asking Roman the obvious "How could you hire Clyde after he kidnapped Henry?" was a rare case of logic on this show.  Tbh I forgot that Clyde did that which makes me wish Roman was killed off years ago because the Roman I grew up watching would never allow that.

• Love 10

Clyde raped his own daughter.  Ron is such trash to still have this character still around 

Eric called Rafe a good guy.  Do these writers really believe Rafe is a good guy?  He's already cheated twice

Edited by Swartz
  • Love 8

Why is Eric so nosy about his ex wife's life? How nice that he only has to wear the priest collar at certain times. One would never know that he is one. Unless he wears a ring. And even then, a lot of women would see him as a married dude.

Nicole was right to ask why Roman hired Clyde Weston, in light of his crimes. She doesn't owe Eric anything. He took off. Don't know why the African plane didn't even work for one visit from her. She should have mentioned the weird things going on in town since Christmas.

Ava, dangling a story to get the DA interested is not going to work. You need to have details. At least she finally said it was about Gwen.

Gwen was having a great time with Gabi, going on about turning Ava in. Time for the hat and trench coat to pay a visit to the Salem PD. My local police station is pretty closed off for people wandering in and out.

So Clyde was able to get out of jail, find a job, sign up for a dating and people meeting App, and half the town can't find a job? He and Nancy may be interesting but he does have a bad record and she would most likely be repulsed at his crimes.

Chloe had the pre-nup drawn up? Surprised 'Leo' signed it. Maybe he can weasel out because he was forced to and he should have had his own lawyer take a look at it. Just because he signed the document doesn't mean it will be valid.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Gwen should win worst disguises

It's like when Abby returned from being presumed dead and ran around town in that big black REALLY subtle hat.  People on this show always pick the most conspicuous outfit to wear while trying to be stealth.  Gwen would have been better off in a glitter shirt with flashing lights on it.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

It's like when Abby returned from being presumed dead and ran around town in that big black REALLY subtle hat.  People on this show always pick the most conspicuous outfit to wear while trying to be stealth.  Gwen would have been better off in a glitter shirt with flashing lights on it.

I remember when Will was kidnapped as a toddler and his kidnapper put sunglasses on him and his grandmother Marlena did not even recognize him...lol.. Days has been doing this stupid stunt for years..

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Does Gwen really believe these fake tears of I'm a good person now due to Xander and Jack? If she really believe that she's more psychotic. 

Jacks adoration of how Abby is the MoH and the daughters are all together is sickening. Abby really should have nothing to do with him. 

Clyde was nice to Nancy. He's already treating her better than Craig. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Clyde being so nice & understanding with Nancy, what is his 'angle"?  This is Not his real personality & I doubt he has suddenly turned into a 'nice guy", so what is he up to?

He's been in jail a long time. I think he wants to get laid

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Clyde treated Nancy better than a lot of men on this show do to other women. Thoughtful, respectful, honest. Kinda a southern gentleman. Sort of. He isn't but he encouraged her to stand up for herself and walk proud - alone - to the wedding. Granted, very few weddings these days invite single women to bring a plus one. I've passed on quite a few - what I am supposed to do after dinner? Talk to the handful of other singles or walk out and find a better party. I am not some 20 year old. I don't know the couple and if you can't invite me to bring a guest, don't bother. I know that is off-topic. No idea what his real angle is other than that it's been a long time since he's had female company.

I did like the nod to Xander taking care of the Horton yard and garden. Ties back to his gardener days.

Geez, Trask drives a hard bargain.

Ooops, Gwennie, you got caught by Abigail. Sneaking in to the police station? You are unlikely to see Ava and the police station staff would not let you get past security and to see the person in the interrogation room. Abs did a good save.

I would be almost choking if I was Jennifer and had to be nice to Gwen. She hasn't really earned it and her apology tour isn't over. 

Chloe, yeah, the thigh high boots and short dress are not appropriate for your dad's wedding. Brady as your plus one? He's talked to Rachel about Mommy not coming back? Chad left a message that they have some dirt on Leo?

The weird bachelor party at the hotel room. Xander is no lightweight and he can handle his Scotch. Laughed at Leo and Craig checking him out in his towel when he didn't have any shampoo. Uh, call housekeeping!

• Love 9

I thought NB/Chloe looked absolutely gorgeous the past two episodes. Broe makes me smile.

Do Jack and Craig have bad blood? I honestly couldn't think of anything, but there was a lot of tension between the two during the bachelor party.

I missed MR/Jennifer's silent rage. The way she reacted to Gwen after the Abby discussion was beautiful.

Craig and Leo are too old to be such horndogs.

I'm actually enjoying this week so far.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Do Jack and Craig have bad blood? I honestly couldn't think of anything, but there was a lot of tension between the two during the bachelor party.

Jennifer said something about not liking Craig because of what he did to her brother so I would assume Jack feels that way, too.

I missed MR/Jennifer's silent rage. The way she reacted to Gwen after the Abby discussion was beautiful.

Yea, I don't much like MR as a person but she does some great work as an actress lol.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ea, I don't much like MR as a person but she does some great work as an actress lol.

That's too bad, but you're so lucky.  I never get to meet anyone famous.

40 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Mary, Sami's "nice sweet old lady" neighbor.  

Who stole Will so that he could be illegally adopted overseas.

I cannot tell how many times I had wished that Sami never found him. Because I have hated Will since he first started speaking as a child character.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I had to Google Jackie Cox, as I didn't know what was factual and what was fictional. Turns out he really was born in Canada.  Obviously not married to Leo though.  LOL.

I was a bit surprised wedding #1 didn't finish.  So does this mean Craig's gonna go back to New York.  Did he even quit that job.  At the speed everything happens in Salem, he should probably still be working his 2 week's notice.

Guessing marriage #2 isn't going to be completed either.  

It really is rare for Salem to have an uneventful wedding, isn't it. LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

So does this mean Craig's gonna go back to New York.  Did he even quit that job.  At the speed everything happens in Salem, he should probably still be working his 2 week's notice.

I kept wondering too if this is how Kayla is gonna get her job back! 

Also MR aged 20+ years all in one Days day simply by pulling her hair back. 

• Love 5

I did enjoy parts of the wedding, including Leo's crazy Hat/veil, his friend, Darius, arriving & laying out the facts for Craig, Justin having a sneezing fit to prolong the vows, Chloe's sequin jumpsuit looking like she's going to 'the club", Nancy jumping up to wish Craig happiness...

• Love 14
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

I wonder how Missy Reeves feels about her character attending a gay wedding.

I wondered the same thing.

The wedding wasn't as fun as I hoped but it was still fun. I hope this is the end of Craig/Leo but I suspect it won't be.

I wouldn't mind Jackie Cox making repeat appearances. I actually didn't like her on Drag Race but she's fun here, a pretty decent actor, and as a man he is hot lol.

Chloe's reactions to everything were perfect. NB is usually such a miss for me but she was great today.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

OTOH, it's a very nice way of building up to what's inevitably going to be Gwen's knocking down.

Anyone else as excited as me that FINALLY!   FINALLY!  all of Gwen's dirty deeds will (might?) finally be revealed?  I hope Abigail has the whole shebang, and not just the part about Gwen being the person who knocked out Abigail, facilitating her kidnapping to Fantasy Island (see: Sarahnee).

• Love 15
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I did enjoy parts of the wedding, including Leo's crazy Hat/veil, his friend, Darius, arriving & laying out the facts for Craig, Justin having a sneezing fit to prolong the vows, Chloe's sequin jumpsuit looking like she's going to 'the club", Nancy jumping up to wish Craig happiness...

I was loving Justin's calling out the names of the wedding party and talking about how fabulous everyone looked and I also loved Jackie Cox's "Hold it Mary Poppins!" to Gwen--too funny :)

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Who stole Will so that he could be illegally adopted overseas.

I cannot tell how many times I had wished that Sami never found him. Because I have hated Will since he first started speaking as a child character.

If I remember correctly, Will's kidnapping brought Austin and Sami closer together and that left a neglected Carrie to fall for that boring vanilla Mike Horton.. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So much cringe.  It was almost as bad as a day of The Possession 2.0.  At least They bothered to come up with a reason for Leo's husband to expose everything, as flimsy as it was, but it all felt as pointless and shallow as Leo's personality.  

I don't know why it had to be Chad explaining the thing.  Sonny was the one who was invested in ruining Leo, and Zach Tinker is a helluva lot more fun to watch than BF.  

And then They made Kevin Spirtas cry at the end.  Oy.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Sonny was the one who was invested in ruining Leo, and Zach Tinker is a helluva lot more fun to watch than BF.  

True, where was Sonny? He wanted Leo to go down and obsessed with him. Him  not being there for the reveal was odd.

• Love 8

Thought the actor playing Craig came across as quite smug at first. Were the guests asked to wear green to the festivities?

Leo's suit was fabulous, as was his 'bridal' hat. I even liked Gwen's wedding dress. Surpisingly old fashioned for her. Jennifer looked washed out. Why can't some of the women actually wear a spring lip colour? Jennifer's lips looked white and chalky, like they did yesterday. I liked Chloe's jumpsuit but she could have worn a dress.

Laughed at Justin's dragging on the ceremony, Nancy saying something nice. So the drag queen was indeed married to Leo Stark. It made no sense to pursue the 'rich' closeted doctor when they have no idea how much money he actually makes. And it's up to Darius to tell everyone that he was also in for a cut of whatever Leo got from Craig. Was Leo planning to take the money and run and admit that he was never legally married to Craig? I don't believe that he fell in love with him after the long con started.

Why Abs wore black is a mystery. I am assuming that her phone call had to do with Ava and Trask. Guess we will find out tomorrow or Friday.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

If I remember correctly, Will's kidnapping brought Austin and Sami closer together and that left a neglected Carrie to fall for that boring vanilla Mike Horton.. 

No, I think that was after Sami was framed by Kate for killing Franco.

Austin and Sami had to get married in France because the government wouldn't give a stolen baby back to his parents unless they were married. That was Sami's first successful wedding.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I laughed at Craig/KS crying at the end of the episode. I know they have to do everything in one take now, but someone really should have made an exception for that scene. 

I actually thought this episode was pretty suspenseful with just the right amount of drama, heartfelt emotion, suspense, and shocked responses. I thought every character gave a response that was appropriate to their level of investment to this wedding fiasco.

I liked Jackie/Darrius. I even thought she/he was actually funny, and I even liked the way the show addressed the pronouns with Craig/Darrius. It seemed appropriate and realistic. Apparently JackieVision is a real tour. I Googled, but it isn't coming to my city.

This was the first time Gwen/Chloe ever met and interacted. I also thought it was kind of Chloe to attend the wedding of the man who was going to leave her in Mexico to be raped indefinitely and presumably murdered, and who taunted her about that situation two Christmases ago.

It was nice seeing Justin.

I liked that Nancy used Craig's wedding as a chance to tell everyone about her hot date.

Xander has been on the show for years and the only person there for him is Jack, the man he helped fake the death of and imprison for years. Maggie was apparently cleaning the walls because Sarah colored on them.

I like the Gwen/Leo interactions. Maybe it's because the two were on Y&R together, but they sell affection well.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I also thought it was kind of Chloe to attend the wedding of the man who was going to leave her in Mexico to be raped indefinitely and presumably murdered, and who taunted her about that situation two Christmases ago.

Shhh, you're not supposed to remember that Xander has done really bad shit lol.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I laughed at Craig/KS crying at the end of the episode. I know they have to do everything in one take now, but someone really should have made an exception for that scene.

. . .

Xander has been on the show for years and the only person there for him is Jack, the man he helped fake the death of and imprison for years. Maggie was apparently cleaning the walls because Sarah colored on them.

In Xander's defense, Gwen moved up the wedding, so Maggie couldn't be there.  She took Sarah to Florida for treatment.

Why do they have to do everything in one take?

Did anyone else think Billy Flynn's eyes looked especially nice in these scenes?  Very blue... 

Edited by FnkyChkn34
Asked an additional question
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Did anyone else think Billy Flynn's eyes looked especially nice in these scenes?  Very blue... 

The very best thing about him are his striking blue eyes...and yesterday's episode wasn't the first time someone called him Blue Eyes.  Don't ever think he'll overtake Frank Sinatra with that nickname though...

• Love 6

Yesterday's show was, for me, an appetizer to the main event.  Watching Craig cry was mildly satisfying, though not enough to compensate for having to watch Leo eat every scene as if he'd been starving for months.  It was sort of funny that it seemed to be that most of the guests were for Craig, since Leo and Gwen have no friends, and Xander's sole buddy was also his best man.  The only long-time Salemites in attendance, except for Jennifer were all in the wedding party or performing the ceremony.  A pretty sad bunch, all told.  Oh yeah, Bonnie was there, as was Nancy.  

Craig should have been crying.  Buckets.

Now, for today's Show, I'm going to make some popcorn first!

Let 'er rip, Abigail!

• Love 22
49 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Why do they have to do everything in one take?

Budget restraints. Several actors have discussed this at length, but basically the old adage, "time is money." Apparently they only do an extra take if there are egregious mistakes made.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Budget restraints. Several actors have discussed this at length, but basically the old adage, "time is money." Apparently they only do an extra take if there are egregious mistakes made.

Thanks for sharing.  I find that to be utterly ridiculous, but I guess it does explain why I've noticed them stuttering or flubbing a few lines much more often lately.

• Love 4