Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I have to wonder what the upcoming pairings are going to be.  EJ is on the loose, and I guess Nicole isn't going to be going back to him any time soon.  Nicole is on the loose.  Brady is on the loose.  Chloe is on the loose.  Where will those pairings go?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Funniest scene today:  Ava's dream of smashing Rafe's apology cake in his face! :)  Ava's a cold one :)

Also, the I’m sorry icing on the cake was in blood red!

Rafe still being dumb! Would have been better if cake was in the shape of a bear!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Yeah because newspaper media is such a growth industry and excellent investment to make.

They did mention that they wanted to perk up the paper's social media presence.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Now I REALLY want this.  I want to see Abe try to explain how he was brutally attacked by a stuffed bear or maybe Roman trying to show the cops video footage of Duke vandalizing the Pub.  Obviously, Nicole and Rafe would have to exorcise Duke by reminding it about the GREAT LOVE they all share.

I’d rather bear attack Rafe! And what a fun time for all watching Nicole and Rafe do the exorcism..because Rafe still wouldn’t be able to solve the case of bear attacking him!!

• LOL 9

So what are all the terrible things that EJ has done to Chad to justify to aiding and abetting Sami’s kidnapping after the fact?

Sleeping with Abby months after she had dumped Chad for lying about having a brain tumor to get her virginity. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So what are all the terrible things that EJ has done to Chad to justify to aiding and abetting Sami’s kidnapping after the fact?

Sleeping with Abby months after she had dumped Chad for lying about having a brain tumor to get her virginity. 

He used Chad to get Jake kicked out of the CEO job and has since been trying to ease him out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Nothing. He’s just as controlling as EJ…and wrongly thinks he can run the company better. An idiot, when giving it up to fake StefanJake, now thinking he should be in the seat. Just like Jakey, Chud  doesn’t have the cajoles for what it takes.

8 minutes ago, Pearl said:

50 year old Nicole mourning a teddy bear. Must. See. TV! Ratings gold!

Worse..Rafe “investigating”! So sad.

4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Meanwhile Holly's dead body lies motionless in her bedroom.

...too dark?

Nope..probably spot on 😳

6 minutes ago, RedElf said:

He used Chad to get Jake kicked out of the CEO job and has since been trying to ease him out.

Had to be done, so not terrible, IMO

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I seriously need a wellness check on that kid. How many months has it been since she was last seen?

Next time we see her, she is going to be sorased and stealing Nicole’s boyfriends 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

They did mention that they wanted to perk up the paper's social media presence.

If they publish a front page picture of Jenn in her "Eva Braun on Dancing with the Stars" dress, sales should pick up!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I have been in the office the past couple of days so haven't watched the show. Apparently this is a bonus, given I'm not sure I could watch the tragic and brutal demise of Duke. I have full faith in the Salem PD to correctly and swiftly bring the murderer to justice!

... I can't believe I typed any of that with a straight face.

Follow up on a comment made upthread about bringing Duke back to life (paging Dr. Rolph), it reminded me of Timmy, the living doll, from Passions. Let's not speak of these ideas too much...

Newspapers, even smaller, local ones, aren't cheap - that's why so many of them are run by conglomerates. I realize I literally just wrote about a show that is investigating the slaughter of a stuffed bear, but there is no way Jack and Jen could afford to buy a paper.

Edited by RunningMarket
adding bits
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Maybe Dr NannyTrip is taking great care of H & H, since it looks like Allie and Nicole are never caring for them.

Damn, that guy is busy!

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Disneyboy posted
I seriously need a wellness check on that kid. How many months has it been since she was last seen?

Edited by Chellfairy
Failing at trying to fix double post 🤬
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Never thought I'd have to say this, but you all here are a really heartless bunch!  A STUFFED BEAR WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED!!!!  No one has expressed outrage over the fact that this heinous crime was actually shown in great detail.  We even saw STUFFING!!  I'm surprised the FCC allowed this amount of graphic violence to be show on network TV.  OF COURSE the police commissioner should drop EVERYTHING to investigate this brutal crime.  Who cares about missing people when stuffed animals are at risk.  What's next - stuffed bunnies?  Where will it stop?

Yup, that's what this show has devolved to.  After weeks of people basically saying things like "Devil possession?  Huh.  Bummer I guess."  and "They've scheduled a Christmas exorcism" with as much enthusiasm as someone saying "Did you hear the Shady Pines Senior Choir will be singing carols at the square on Christmas Eve?"  The police barely even blinked (Shawn was only involved because it was his mother-in-law - not because he was actually on a case.)  But the murder of a stuffed bear, yup, that absolutely deserves being called an emergency worthy of immediate action by the police commissioner.

❤️⬆️

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I actually really hope her revenge comes in the form of Italian cooking.

The Nine Course Meal of DEATH!!!

Dookie?

kenan-thompson-what.gif

Ya think it should make his guts explode after the final course or just shit himself to death along the way? 🤔 Which would be more riveting for ratings??? The only doctor in town is going to be out of town, so now would be a good time for Ava to start cooking. 

2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Now I REALLY want this.  I want to see Abe try to explain how he was brutally attacked by a stuffed bear or maybe Roman trying to show the cops video footage of Duke vandalizing the Pub.  Obviously, Nicole and Rafe would have to exorcise Duke by reminding it about the GREAT LOVE they all share.

Now I really want to see the bear be the next character possessed and act out all of Ava's evil tendencies.

angry-teddy-bear-gif-4.gif

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Next time we see her, she is going to be sorased and stealing Nicole’s boyfriends 

Well EJ has a new hard-on, I mean wounded ego he wants assuaged so there's certainly some possibilities for that storyline.  But an even better reveal than Nicole walking in on Holly with EJ or even Rafe would be Holly and Duke. 

ba19d39e662f905d5913c8c9fcc90402.gif

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Meanwhile Holly's dead body lies motionless in her bedroom.

...too dark?

Nah, I think this board would do a great job of building the story.  Let's keep it going: 

Meanwhile Holly's dead body lies motionless in her bedroom....

FatherlyWhimsicalIzuthrush-max-1mb.gif

The stench permeates out the bedroom window and wafts across the street into the open door at Salem Inn where half of town resides. But everyone there is too involved in their own lives to notice. However, once the smell reaches Statesville....

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Ya think it should make his guts explode after the final course or just shit himself to death along the way?

Either option is too good for him.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We are collectively on fire today. Best day of Days posts in recent memory.

Hey Ava - get Ben to lick the spoon first!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

The stench permeates out the bedroom window and wafts across the street into the open door at Salem Inn where half of town resides. But everyone there is too involved in their own lives to notice. However, once the smell reaches Statesville....

That damned smell could reach Father Abstinence in the Congo and it still wouldn't get anyone's attention.

I think the forgotten children of Salem need to brand together and seize control away from these idiotic adults. Maybe Satan can help 'em. It would certainly serve their absentee parents right.

6a5e03cc071d6377bff219c8baeee395.gif

4AMa.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, tribeca said:

EJ has been treating Chad terribly and I have no doubt EJ would do the same to Chad if roles were reversed. Not sure why people think EJ is such an innocent guy.   

Yea really. I have no problem with Chad doing this. But then I don't care about Lucas kidnapping Sami either so! 

Also, I don't understand why Kate gives one shit about Chad doing it either. So stupid.

Loved today again. The show is on fire for me right now.

• Love 8

I actually like the idea of Jack/Jennifer trying to resurrect an old newspaper into a modern version I feel that is true to their history of how their love story began and its not too farfetched compared to seeing Steve and John have adventures while being senior citizens.. at least its age appropriate for both of them.

I would've liked JJ being mentioned but that's too much to ask on this show(unless I missed it)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Either option is too good for him.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We are collectively on fire today. Best day of Days posts in recent memory.

Hey Ava - get Ben to lick the spoon first!!!

YES, I agree! Fun stuff on here!

Ava- just give Ben a bowl please, he can lick it, forget about the spoon. No need.

55 minutes ago, tribeca said:

EJ has been treating Chad terribly and I have no doubt EJ would do the same to Chad if roles were reversed. Not sure why people think EJ is such an innocent guy.   

I don’t think EJ innocent. But as far as the DiMera business, he should be in charge. Chad proved he can’t do it, was busy cheating on Abby with her Nanny sister, gave the job to Jake, of all people and so on. Kate basically had to do the job. So, no, Chad should step down!

I’m not sure what you mean, if the roles were reversed. But, yes, no doubt EJ will do everything in his power to be head of his Father’s business. He is the elder and that’s just the way it works. 

59 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

. But then I don't care about Lucas kidnapping Sami either

Yep! Neither do I

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

This times a million! I don't think EJ has done anything quite as bad as setting Chad up for a crime since he's been back, but since he's been back he's been nothing but an arrogant jackass to him. He's gone out of his way to do things like get Johnny to cast him the movie so he could make out with Abigail and lord it over Chad. There's not a doubt in my mind EJ would do the same exact thing to get control of Dimera.

I don’t think EJ innocent. But as far as the DiMera business, he should be in charge. Chad proved he can’t do it, was busy cheating on Abby with her Nanny sister, gave the job to Jake, of all people and so on. Kate basically had to do the job. So, no, Chad should step down!

I’m not sure what you mean, if the roles were reversed. But, yes, no doubt EJ will do everything in his power to be head of his Father’s business. He is the elder and that’s just the way it works. 

That's all writer contrivance. I'm sure EJ would also neglect Dimera if the storyline called for it. In fact, Gabi and Jake were using EJ's personal issues to get Shin to consider getting rid of him. 

If the roles were reversed means that if EJ had a chance to get Chad out - whether that meant sending him to prison - he'd do it in a heartbeat. That's not always how it works. And if that was how it should work than Tony or Kristen should be in charge since they're older than EJ.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

This times a million! I don't think EJ has done anything quite as bad as setting Chad up for a crime since he's been back, but since he's been back he's been nothing but an arrogant jackass to him. He's gone out of his way to do things like get Johnny to cast him the movie so he could make out with Abigail and lord it over Chad. There's not a doubt in my mind EJ would do the same exact thing to get control of Dimera.

That's all writer contrivance. I'm sure EJ would also neglect Dimera if the storyline called for it. In fact, Gabi and Jake were using EJ's personal issues to get Shin to consider getting rid of him. 

If the roles were reversed means that if EJ had a chance to get Chad out - whether that meant sending him to prison - he'd do it in a heartbeat. That's not always how it works. And if that was how it should work than Tony or Kristen should be in charge since they're older than EJ.

EJ is an arrogant jackass. Runs in the family. I’m not so sure Ej would send Chad to prison for being framed for someone else kidnapping Abigail. And as far as Johnnys movie.. Chad had his cumupance   
with that one. That’s small, considering Chud’s behavior. 
Again, since Chad stepped down, gives Jake the take over, then Ej comes back and now Chad is in cahoots w/Gabs and Jake to oust EJ..🤯

🙄Ridiculous!

IIRC, Tony wants no part in the business. He’s the one DiMera who’s enjoying his marriage. If he did want to be Head CEO, I would be good with it, instead of EJ

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

EJ is an arrogant jackass. Runs in the family. I’m not so sure Ej would send Chad to prison for being framed for someone else kidnapping Abigail. And as far as Johnnys movie.. Chad had his cumupance   
with that one. That’s small, considering Chud’s behavior. 
Again, since Chad stepped down, gives Jake the take over, then Ej comes back and now Chad is in cahoots w/Gabs and Jake to oust EJ..🤯

🙄Ridiculous!

IIRC, Tony wants no part in the business. He’s the one DiMera who’s enjoying his marriage. If he did want to be Head CEO, I would be good with it, instead of EJ

There's nothing in how EJ's been presented - or his history - that he wouldn't betray Chad in the same way. I'm not sure when Chad got his comeuppance for the movie thing. He decided to try and get over it and that was it. Like I said, EJ hasn't done anything - recently - that's equal to what Chad's doing, but EJ is basically getting just a small taste of his karmic payback here. Maybe if he hadn't been such an unrelenting butthead to Chad, he wouldn't have done this. 

Chad is not in cahoots with Jake and Gabi. His helping frame EJ just happened to play into the plans that Gabi and Jake had independently.

• Love 5

I love nuEJ and really liked EJ/Nicole. However, the gall of him telling her she’s the one he really wants after he hears Sami took off with Lucas. Ass.  So glad she shut that shit down. 

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Chad is not in cahoots with Jake and Gabi. His helping frame EJ just happened to play into the plans that Gabi and Jake had independently

The plans will make Chad loose again all because he needs to help frame his brother for a crime to take over for himself. 

Chad is sending EJ to prison for crime because he's ruthless? That's a crime? Meanwhile his wife is trying to solve crimes. 

Abby should have slapped been Gwen. Jack was way too good for her after that tantrum she threw. Telling her to call him dad even. She showed she's still the psycho.

So Rafe is going to look at surveillance footage over the bear, but can't help with missing Sarah?

Didn't Rafe want to choose Nicole and she made him choose Ava?

Omg I wish the cake in the face scene was real. But Ava has something up her sleeve. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I love nuEJ and really liked EJ/Nicole. However, the gall of him telling her she’s the one he really wants after he hears Sami took off with Lucas. Ass.  So glad she shut that shit down. 

I like nuEJ and agree he was a total ass to Nicole once Sami came back.. then wanting her again. I’ve never ever been a fan of Sami-EJ , no chemistry, no good vibes. I totally blame Sami ..she wanted EJ from the get and could NEVER understand his attraction to her.

I feel this time around, because off-screen she nursed him back to health ( very hard to believe selfish Sami doing that) and out of guilt, took her back. He cannot see past that, plus her cheating with Lucas, he may feel he should be with her?? Plus, he was made a fool, which he can’t stand
I hope he and Nicole will give it another go. Mostly because, if not, that leaves her and Rafe. 
However, Nicole absolutely did the right thing with EJ today. He’s got some major forgiveness to get from her!

• Love 3

I'd be mourning a teddy bear if it was a collector's German Steiff one or a reproduction. Those are not cheap. Check the surveillance footage to see who dropped by.

Rafe, do you think that Ava is going to tell you the truth that she is insecure about you, is jealous of her friend Nicole, has had previous mental health issues in relationships? Er, no. Too bad she didn't throw the cake at his face, like her dream.

I liked Nicole telling EJ off about choosing her as a consolation prize, again. More of the women on the show need to also speak up about it. For example, how many times has Sweetness forgiven Patch? She was right. Eric chose God instead of her, Rafe chose Ava instead of her, EJ chose Sami instead of her. Step up or leave. They were almost refreshing.

I also liked Xander and Rex talking about Sarah and the last day she was around.

Gwen, cough up that Kristen told you where Sarah was. If Xander finds her, both may want other people at this time. See what happens and make the best of it. He may 'abadon' you for her, he may not. What kind of a good thing do you have with him? Both of you seem a bit codependent.

Can't imagine that Jennifer and Jack have the money to resurrect or start a new newspaper. The print form has been dying for years. Most is now online and that is where the market is. Boston is a huge market with a lot of competition. Good luck. There are two papers here but both are now run from the same building. The independent weekly ones are gone.

Kate, you can only protect Lucas for so long. Lies don't tend to last a long time in Salem. Lucas will be found out.

• Love 9

Nicole is tired of being 2nd best/consolation prize with men?

Then she should stop getting involved with men that she knows are in love or involved with other women. Except for Eric, I cannot think of a man in this past decade that she got involved with who didn't want to be with someone else. Oh wait Brady and she ended up cheating on him.

At the end of the day, she is going to head back to Rafe and they could adopt a new teddy bear ....and ZZZZZ!!! As I said the other day, Nicole has no real story for this past year except for that damn bear. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

Yeah because newspaper media is such a growth industry and excellent investment to make.

Right?  I'm surprised they passed up the chance to revive a button hook factory or see if they could get in on creating a home coal delivery.

Though, going by Jenn's holiday Bund Deutscher Mädel outfit, if they'd said they were opening up a Nazi memorabilia shop I'd have no problem believing them.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9

What the hell was Kate wearing? A mens leisure suit from 1975? 🤢

Although I would like the name of her plastic surgeon ( before she went too far) , her makeup artist, hair dresser, dietician etc. Did she make a deal with the Devil? She really makes middle aged and senior-ish women feel bad about themselves!😳

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

What the hell was Kate wearing? A mens leisure suit from 1975? 🤢

Although I would like the name of her plastic surgeon ( before she went too far) , her makeup artist, hair dresser, dietician etc. Did she make a deal with the Devil? She really makes middle aged and senior-ish women feel bad about themselves!😳

Lol..maybe she borrowed  it from Romans closet! 
At  least she hasn’t been wearing “the artist formally known “ as Prince wardrobe! 
Damn, she has gone too far, but being 20 or so yrs younger than her..yeah, she makes me feel aged! 
Nicole looks great, she’s in my age decade. I’m jealous. I’m sure she has also had some Botox- or whatever, but hasn’t gone too far.
Chloe .. much younger,  looks horrible. Too much, too much filler/Botox enhancements!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

These episodes feel 5 hours long.

So Sami and Lucas are already gone? We don't get a Sami/Marlena post possession scene, but we get a Marlena/Tripp post possession scene. Okay.

Stefano is in hell; nobody should care about lying on his grave. Kate/Chad is such a weird dynamic. On one hand, the show tries to sell them as having this mother/son bond. On the other hand, they seem to barely tolerate each other. Not even in a Sami/Marlena way where you can tell there's love underneath the anger and dislike. They just seem to dislike each other. Is kidnapping Sami really worse than faking one's death and framing someone for your murder? Kate finds Lucas kidnapping Sami to be oh so horrible, but Philip she tearfully sends out into the world, presumably to never be seen again. 

Jennifer is a glorified background character this return. If you count all her lines, I don't even think we'll reach 20. Her lines and her reactions also don't match. Her lines are supportive, but she's constantly rolling her eyes and giving half smiles in the background. Jennifer seems like she's on the verge of slapping Gwen, but she's not Abigail.

I did guffaw when Gwen said the Spectator was a tiny, local paper. HAHAHAHAHA!

I didn't realize Rex was still in town. Beside from Roman/Kate, no one else cares about him. Why is he still there?

4 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Nicole looks great, she’s in my age decade. I’m jealous. I’m sure she has also had some Botox- or whatever, but hasn’t gone too far.
Chloe .. much younger,  looks horrible. Too much, too much filler/Botox enhancements!

AZ is 47 years old according to Google. NB is 41 years old according to Google. I don't consider that much younger. I also think both are quite beautiful.

The two have worked together for more than a decade, and we've never heard any behind the scenes rumblings regarding their relationship. AZ even has a photo of her and NB on her Instagram calling them both beautiful. I don't think there's any reason to attack one to prop the other. Based on the data we have, I get the sense they are supportive of each other and would not want or request that type of propping.

• Love 3

The Gwen propping today is off the charts INSANE. 

Jack and Jennifer are leaving for who knows how long after just getting Jennifer back and we have to spend TWO whole days with them either spending time with or talking about useless, waste Gwen.  

I mean, OF COURSE Jennifer was going to have to put her time in to whitewash and make all the deliberate and intentional crimes of this failure of retcon somehow acceptable and okay.  They couldn't let Jennifer understandably, reasonably and realistically  harbor any anger or resentment towards Gwen for all the nasty, reprehensible things she did to Jennifer's family.  Nope.  She has to just get on board with ignoring and excusing to prop such a worthless, selfish, entitled, character.  Gwen could give AF about any of them.  Jack, and now Jennifer are falling all over themselves making excuses for her and welcoming her, and coddling her and she just laps it all up but has nothing for anyone in return.  She's STILL attacking Abby for no reason and they just stand there like it nothing.

What a waste of a visit.  Jack and Jennifer don't even mention their other child, but spend all their time on this bitch.  I CANNOT wait for JJ to show up and take his turn of welcoming Gwen into a family she intentionally and non-sensically tried to destroy.  Viable characters shouldn't need such support.  They should be able to stand on their own.  The absolute anithesis of TELLING and DICTATING, rather than showing by action.  

This show KNOWS Gwen is a utter failure, but will keep forcing her square into this round hole.  You MUST like her.  You MUST feel sorry for poor, poor Gwen.  EVERYTHING she did was for a reason and shouldn't be held against her.  

I wasn't around for Dr. Tan, but I've heard all about it.  This has to have or be reaching those levels, yes?

Unbelievable.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 8

So J&J's final stop was the Salem Inn, apparently for an off screen farewell with Doug and Julie.  Don't D&J live at the Horton house now, or did they get kicked out when Jen came home.  And if so, can they move back in now   Such a strange scene.  Though I guess they needed them somewhere other than the Horton house to have that unnecessary scene with Kate. 

• Love 4

I gotta say, I couldn't give diddly-squat about who runs Dimera Enterprises or Titan for that matter.  EJ, Chad, Jake, or even Henry; it's the same old boring corporate storyline no matter who is CEO.  If jobs and the work world are gonna fuel the storylines then let's have Julie's staff participating in the Great Resignation, demanding higher wages and Julie locked in the freezer permanently. Let's hear about the plight of the people who have to work for her harpy ass. The Salem PD could be facing defunding. Not because of any racial incidents, but because Abe finally realizes that his cops are worthless, and it would be more cost effective to outsource cases to Steve.  Maybe Jack and Jennifer could have bought a TV news network instead of a dying print newspaper.  Abby would expect the lead anchor job because nepotism and all, but then Nicole sets her sights on it when traumatic flashbacks of Duke’s dismemberment make it too difficult for her to return to Basic Black aka the scene of the carnage.  Jobless and too clueless about how to fill out unemployment forms, Rafe accepts the position of local weatherman so he can still get paid for being wrong. But the Salemites face the repercussions when he mispredicts a major winter storm resulting in his sister and Ciara getting frost bit nipples when they are stranded outside in their hooker wear with no coats.  Kayla's on vacation so a surprise mystery surgeon is called in to amputate!

Drama Reaction GIF

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I gotta say, I couldn't give diddly-squat about who runs Dimera Enterprises or Titan for that matter.  EJ, Chad, Jake, or even Henry; it's the same old boring corporate storyline no matter who is CEO.  If jobs and the work world are gonna fuel the storylines then let's have Julie's staff participating in the Great Resignation, demanding higher wages and Julie locked in the freezer permanently. Let's hear about the plight of the people who have to work for her harpy ass. The Salem PD could be facing defunding. Not because of any racial incidents, but because Abe finally realizes that his cops are worthless, and it would be more cost effective to outsource cases to Steve.  Maybe Jack and Jennifer could have bought a TV news network instead of a dying print newspaper.  Abby would expect the lead anchor job because nepotism and all, but then Nicole sets her sights on it when traumatic flashbacks of Duke’s dismemberment make it too difficult for her to return to Basic Black aka the scene of the carnage.  Jobless and too clueless about how to fill out unemployment forms, Rafe accepts the position of local weatherman so he can still get paid for being wrong. But the Salemites face the repercussions when he mispredicts a major winter storm resulting in his sister and Ciara getting frost bit nipples when they are stranded outside in their hooker wear with no coats.  Kayla's on vacation so a surprise mystery surgeon is called in to amputate!

Drama Reaction GIF

No words are adequate, Peanut6711, for the utter brilliance and hilarity of your post!

You done KILLED me ####DEAD####

Winner of the interwebby today is Peanut6711!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

I wasn't around for Dr. Tan, but I've heard all about it.  This has to have or be reaching those levels, yes?

Unbelievable.

Chloe and Nicole outright attempted to kill themselves when they could no longer be with Daniel. Kate attempted murder when she couldn't be with Daniel. Jennifer basically started an "I hate Jack" campaign to prove herself good enough for Daniel. Maggie's relationship with Jennifer, Lucas, and Chloe were destroyed for Daniel.  Chloe was willing to use her time as being forced into prostitution as a scheme to get Daniel back from Jennifer. Even when people were angry at Daniel, they had to tell us what a gifted and talented doctor he was. He was also the only doctor who saved people in Salem. Whenever someone died, you would get dialogue stating that he was nowhere around. Victor loved Daniel more than he loved his own son, Philip.

That's just what I remember off the top of my head. Gwen isn't quite there, yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, boes said:

No words are adequate, Peanut6711, for the utter brilliance and hilarity of your post!

You done KILLED me ####DEAD####

Winner of the interwebby today is Peanut6711!!

*Paging Dr. Rolf* 

He'll have you resurrected in a jiffy Boes! Just in time to watch tomorrow's epic hour of Who's Sitting in the CEO Chair Today.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Darn it, EJ has treated Nicole like crap and Nicole was horrible lying to EJ about the loss of their kids, but I still root for the idea of EJole. I don't know what EJ could do to earn back Nicole's trust and finally be done and move past Sami but I'd love to see him try.  At the very least I could settle for BFFs (maybe with benefits when he isn't with Sami, LOL) who have each other's backs true blue. I know it's not the healthiest arrangement but I can't help it - I love their chem.

It is hi-larious how nobody really cares about Sami being kidnapped and that Lucas did it. What I do care about it that now we'll have the stupid merry-go-round of Sami dumps EJ for Lucas because she's upset he kidnapped her, EJ is villified until the truth comes out, Sami then will want EJ back but EJ won't want her because she betrayed him, they'll fight some more until EJ relents and takes Sami back (probably when they have to unite to save Johnny from the Devil) with her being scared to take him back and they'll reunite until AS needs to bounce from the show again.  It's tired. Either have them reunite with Sami offscreen to do work or keep them broken up and let this fine man move on to have a great romance with someone else.

So Johnny has been fighting the Devil which is why he's obviously/physically struggling sometimes. Maybe the Devil is just playing with Johnny but seems to me he could overtake him at anytime and is just biding his time. But the thing is if Johnny can recognize the Devil inside him why not ask for help. He saw his grandmother needed the help of Eric and the entire family to be freed so his keeping quiet while knowing something is wrong and still having some control seems odd. If the Devil made the open threat that he'd overtake Johnny and kill Chanel or another loved one if he didn't stop resisting him, I could see Johnny striking that deal to protect them even as the Devil wreaked havoc with everyone else.  One thing we can count on - that wedding reception is gonna be a scene.

Had to laugh that Paulina can actually say that she tangled with the Devil and survived - she can handle a DiMera.

If only Stefano's portrait could talk. He'd be spilling all the secrets. Or manipulating his family even further knowing him.  Now would Stefano really be happy his grandson was possessed by The Devil? I'd think Stefano wouldn't want his lineage controlled by any angelic or demonic entity but the DiMera's fight to assert their own dominance. Stefano also playing a role from beyond the grave to battle the Devil and save Johnny would be a great twist.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Gwen isn't quite there, yet.

Gwen hasn't even reached the levels of the propping Ben got so I can barely care lol.

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

It is hi-larious how nobody really cares about Sami being kidnapped and that Lucas did it. What I do care about it that now we'll have the stupid merry-go-round of Sami dumps EJ for Lucas because she's upset he kidnapped her, EJ is villified until the truth comes out, Sami then will want EJ back but EJ won't want her because she betrayed him, they'll fight some more until EJ relents and takes Sami back (probably when they have to unite to save Johnny from the Devil) with her being scared to take him back and they'll reunite until AS needs to bounce from the show again.  It's tired. Either have them reunite with Sami offscreen to do work or keep them broken up and let this fine man move on to have a great romance with someone else.

This so much. It's tedious.

So Johnny has been fighting the Devil which is why he's obviously/physically struggling sometimes. Maybe the Devil is just playing with Johnny but seems to me he could overtake him at anytime and is just biding his time. But the thing is if Johnny can recognize the Devil inside him why not ask for help.

Yea, it's confusing lol. The only thing I can think is that Johnny kinda remembers what's going on but then he quickly forgets. At the end of today, it seemed like the devil asked him to turn over control and he'll make him a star so maybe Johnny let his bad impulses take over and he agreed to that.

• Love 5

Is show forgetting the actually quite nice scene between Cady's Jen and Kate when Kate wasn't sure she was good enough for Jake and Jen proclaimed "you're Kate freaking DiMera!" They seemed to get along then and it was a nice "ending" to that stupid retconned affair story line between Kate and Jack. Also, Missy's Jen isn't exactly threatening sounding against someone like Lauren Koslow who was perfected that art.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Is show forgetting the actually quite nice scene between Cady's Jen and Kate when Kate wasn't sure she was good enough for Jake and Jen proclaimed "you're Kate freaking DiMera!" They seemed to get along then and it was a nice "ending" to that stupid retconned affair story line between Kate and Jack. Also, Missy's Jen isn't exactly threatening sounding against someone like Lauren Koslow who was perfected that art.

I sincerely hope they did as I always thought Jennifer should've hated Kate regardless(this was before her pointless ONS with Jack) for messing with her parents marriage alone. Jennifer giving Kate a pep talk after everything was not something I wanted regardless of actress.. 

6 hours ago, KBrownie said:

The Gwen propping today is off the charts INSANE. 

Jack and Jennifer are leaving for who knows how long after just getting Jennifer back and we have to spend TWO whole days with them either spending time with or talking about useless, waste Gwen.  

I mean, OF COURSE Jennifer was going to have to put her time in to whitewash and make all the deliberate and intentional crimes of this failure of retcon somehow acceptable and okay.  They couldn't let Jennifer understandably, reasonably and realistically  harbor any anger or resentment towards Gwen for all the nasty, reprehensible things she did to Jennifer's family.  Nope.  She has to just get on board with ignoring and excusing to prop such a worthless, selfish, entitled, character.  Gwen could give AF about any of them.  Jack, and now Jennifer are falling all over themselves making excuses for her and welcoming her, and coddling her and she just laps it all up but has nothing for anyone in return.  She's STILL attacking Abby for no reason and they just stand there like it nothing.

What a waste of a visit.  Jack and Jennifer don't even mention their other child, but spend all their time on this bitch.  I CANNOT wait for JJ to show up and take his turn of welcoming Gwen into a family she intentionally and non-sensically tried to destroy.  Viable characters shouldn't need such support.  They should be able to stand on their own.  The absolute anithesis of TELLING and DICTATING, rather than showing by action.  

This show KNOWS Gwen is a utter failure, but will keep forcing her square into this round hole.  You MUST like her.  You MUST feel sorry for poor, poor Gwen.  EVERYTHING she did was for a reason and shouldn't be held against her.  

Unbelievable.

This is where the show acting like JJ doesn't exist half the time works to my advantage..  they won't even bother doing it on screen.

• Love 1

Wow after how Gwen just flipped on Abby over Sarah, lying about the miscarriage. Jenn still propping and giving her time of day. Yet angry at Kate.  Gwen could die anytime now.

So Johnny Devil says he won't have to look across table at EJ, he says he wants nothing from him? Then leave his house.

Abby obviously has no idea what Chad has done. Lying to the wife Chad, nono. 

Go EJ take them all down. I'll enjoy watching it..

• Love 4
8 hours ago, buffynut said:

So J&J's final stop was the Salem Inn, apparently for an off screen farewell with Doug and Julie.  Don't D&J live at the Horton house now, or did they get kicked out when Jen came home.  And if so, can they move back in now   Such a strange scene.  Though I guess they needed them somewhere other than the Horton house to have that unnecessary scene with Kate. 

That wasn't the Salem Inn, it was Julie's restaurant. But I agree the scene with Kate came out of nowhere and also went nowhere. Seemed like it was setting something up but Jack and Jen are leaving, so also felt unnecessarily shoe-horned in.

I saw the episode, but was not paying attention to when Sami and Lucas left. Where did they go? Is Alison Sweeny's run wrapped up again, and this time Bryan Datillo is off for a while, too? I assume at least Lucas will be back when the other shoe finally drops.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4