Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

When did Gabi tell Hope she killed Nick?  I must've missed it somehow.  I saw them talking about the baby, then next Hope was coming out of the bathroom (I guess?) and they were ready to go to the station.  My chihuahuas were barking out the window all afternoon, so maybe that's when I missed it?

No dogs (a few loud children though) in this house and I missed that part too. Ditto for what went down between Jennifer and Eric in the park. One minute Jenn appears, the next Nicole is with Eric. The editing for Friday’s show was particularly bad. Too many important conversations shown off screen.  Could they not have edited some worthless crap earlier in the week to show the scenes that actually had a purpose in the storyline(s)???

Brady's turned into a drug addict again?  Pardon me, I haven't watched this show in awhile.  Looks like he's on the outs with John.  John pouring the bottle of wine into the ground in the town square in front of Brady was pretty cold.  Can anyone tell me how come John hates Brady now?  I'm trying to play catchup here.

Technically Brady only gave up drugs during Dan-Gate (When Liam drugged Daniel and he got suspended from the hospital and the whole town cried). Brady vowed to stay sober till the truth came out (or some crap like that).  Since Dan is reinstated and slicing people open again, I guess Brady is back to his world of addiction.  John doesn’t hate Brady, but Brady seems to hate John in regards to the whole Kristin mess. They keep having run-ins that go nowhere basically or simply lead Brady to get even more trashed.  It’s a good thing Hope was tied up in Who Killed Nick Fallon and that Roman and Abe are such worthless officers of the law, or Brady would have gotten arrested for public drunkenness wandering around the town square with an open container.

Why does Dan's lower lip have a wound?  Looked like he was walking around with herpes on his lip.

LOL  I missed the actual incident. All I know is that one episode started out with Jennifer nursing his wound in the bedroom. Since it was the two of them I’m ruling out any kind of wild sex because Jenn just seems to prissy for that. An STD seems far more likely and would have been a much more interesting SL.  I suspect in real life the actor got a boo-boo that had to be written in at the last minute.

(edited)

Supposedly SC took an elbow to the mouth resulting in 5 stitches, and I don't normally go around looking for Days news.  I was hoping (and posted) it was wild sex, too bad Days couldn't go there.  But then again there's that ewwww factor.  

John dumped the vodka because he wants Brady to straighten out, and Brady is messed up because John wants him to fly off in the jet 'cause Kid we're gonna go git Kristen together.  Grunt.  Eyebrow. Chin.  I'd drink too.

I'm glad we were spared Jen shrieking "listen to me!" to Eric and we didn't have to see his humiliation.  The only redeeming factor that Jen spilled the beans, is that it occurred off camera. I appreciate that because we could all write the script.  Nice move, Days.

The closest thing I saw to Gabby confessing was telling Hope not to send crime scene investigators to look for evidence of the gun. They were heading off to the police department because Hope told Gabby Will was there.  I sure hate to give the SPD credit, but Hope knew Will didn't do it, Sonny was being truthful, and the ballistics didn't match Kate's registered gun.  Hope was pretty damned sympathetic while Gabby was basically saying goodbye to her baby. So she didn't have to confess immediately. Gabby did an amazing job having to view Nick's still-warm body. Still, piss poor ending to have an actor we know is leaving commit the crime.  At least it's over.  

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

I appreciated the Gabi confession and the Jennifer blabs to Eric both taking place off-screen. It moved the action, such as it is, along quicker than if we'd seen it happen. Now it's fallout time, which is usually more interesting.

• Love 2

I really think they need to do something with Nicole, like a murder mystery. She's so damn repulsive acting like a marriage is gonna solve her problem. Eric the dum dum can get an annulment. So I really hope nobody is rooting for Nicole cause she brings her misery all on herself. It's ridiculous how she's stripping Eric of his choices, yet she claims she loves him. She's no better than Kristen.

• Love 2

The "If we just get married, everything will be fine, and all our problems will disappear" has always perplexed me.  Nicole is so unlikeable, she is taking away Eric's choices just like Kristen did, and she is also, like so many other characters on this show, as dumb as Brady is at this point.

I really wanted a scene where Eric, Sami, and Brady discussed how they all tried to warn each other about getting involved with (insert name here), and none of them listened, but that's never going to happen because all of the characters operate inside a specific SL bubble, and they aren't allowed to interact with other characters even when they are siblings.

• Love 1
(edited)

So I really hope nobody is rooting for Nicole cause she brings her misery all on herself.

I am. Not to get with Eric, because I think he's boring and the relationship is already way too damaged. But I am rooting for her to get her act together.  I don't think Nicole's anywhere near Kristen in terms of what she's done to Eric. It was a terrible thing to do, but the only thing that should ever be equated to rape is another rape, especially on a show so damn rape-y. As annoying and tedious as the scenes are, at least Nicole knows she did wrong and is expressing a weird combination of remorse and fear of losing again/not being good enough, which gives some explanation (as much as it can be explained) of her motivation and failure to come clean. I appreciate that, even though I didn't need to see it every single episode. If the show insists on having Nicole do so many awful things to other people, they will need to cut that out, though, and have her go full on bitch, like Kate. No apologies, no conflict. AZ is way too talented to be relegated to this sad sack, mopey stuff they're giving her now.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 3

I had such high hopes for Eric & Nicole. GV is a beautiful man who can bring the sexy when it's needed but writing Eric as a mopey, sad sack is ridiculous. I hope Kristen's return lights a fire under Eric and we get to see more personality than we've seen so far.

Also, Jenn-Jenn, shut your face. No one is interested. 

Guy Wilson continues to be amazing. I only mildly liked Will when CM was chewing scenery but GW has brought so much warmth, spark and fun into the role that Will is currently my favorite male character.

• Love 1

I had such high hopes for Eric & Nicole. GV is a beautiful man who can bring the sexy when it's needed but writing Eric as a mopey, sad sack is ridiculous. I hope Kristen's return lights a fire under Eric and we get to see more personality than we've seen so far.

I want Eric to do what Sami used to do when she was in one of her "fuck everybody" moods. He doesn't need to go as far as Sami did with the whole Stan thing (even though I thought that storyline was entertaining), but a nice revenge scheme against Nicole and Kristen (and maybe Brady for being an asshole) is well deserved.

• Love 3

I would love to see Eric get a personality and some revenge against Kristen, Nicole, and Brady.  I'm also really tired of these people knifing someone in the back, and then claiming they did it because they love them so much.  Even better if he enlists Sami to help him out.

• Love 3
(edited)

Looks like Days won't be on Thursday or Friday for tennis.

It's Sunday but I'm still annoyed by Thurday's show with Rafe and Jordan kissing the park AGAIN, with the dainty music letting us know how pure their love is.  Blech.  I thought maybe Rafe was there to play a part in Gabi's confession, but no.  So I'm doubly annoyed that those scenes were useless and had NOTHING to do with any storyline.  I stopped caring about Jordan's secret six months ago and Sami's brief foray into domestic housewife-land with Rafe was boring beyond belief.

He doesn't need to go as far as Sami did with the whole Stan thing (even though I thought that storyline was entertaining)

I forgot about Stan.  Thank you!

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1
I don't think Nicole's anywhere near Kristen in terms of what she's done to Eric. It was a terrible thing to do, but the only thing that should ever be equated to rape is another rape, especially on a show so damn rape-y. As annoying and tedious as the scenes are, at least Nicole knows she did wrong and is expressing a weird combination of remorse and fear of losing again/not being good enough, which gives some explanation (as much as it can be explained) of her motivation and failure to come clean.

Agree, except....there was a scene earlier in the week where Eric tells Marlena that he had hoped to have his name cleared, and he expressed some real sadness and futility there.  If Nicole really loves him, she would have wanted to bring him justice (she did want to,  she just wanted his dick more).  So Nicole is not at Kristen level evil, but in many ways to me it is worse because Kristen was BSC and vindictive, whereas Nicole supposedly loves Eric.

• Love 1
(edited)

I want Eric to do what Sami used to do when she was in one of her "fuck everybody" moods. He doesn't need to go as far as Sami did with the whole Stan thing (even though I thought that storyline was entertaining), but a nice revenge scheme against Nicole and Kristen (and maybe Brady for being an asshole) is well deserved.

I like that idea. Eric is a nice guy but he needs to get mad and start getting even. Greg is a good actor when the writing gives him the chance to be and I hate how they have watered down Eric. Sami's twin should not be a wuss, it's just unacceptable.

Also, also a word of advice for Nicole. Don't chase, replace! If you have to go through so much trouble to keep a man, it's probably not meant to be. I feel like Nicole brings much of this unhappiness on herself. She's always latching on to unavailable men. Brady was in love with Chloe. EJ was in love with Sami. Daniel wanted Jenn (for reasons no one can understand) and Eric was dedicated to the church. Maybe Nicole and Rafe could hook up next. AZ is the only one GG has chemistry with and Rafe, surprisingly, has been a rather good friend to her over the years.

Edited by DiamondDoll
  • Love 2

I don't think AZ has chemistry with anyone.

I'm really tired of so many women on the show being desperate to have a guy.  Back when Sami was scheming to get Austin, she was written as being crazy, her schemes were always revealed, and she never got to keep Austin.

The Nick/Gabi situation would have been one time when Rafe should have been all up in whatever was going on so instead the idiot writers continue to drag out the Jordan secret which I care absolutely nothing about.

I want Eric to go after everyone who has hurt him.  I'm tired of Eric being an after thought in his own story.

• Love 2

That's the magic of AZ.  She has chemistry with everybody.

I don't think she has it with everyone. She certainly has great chem with Galen Gering, James Scott and Shawn Christian. She had nothing with Bryan Dattilo and very little with Eric Martsolf. She and GV don't click either but I imagine that is more because the writing for Ericole is so bad. GV can bring the chemistry (he was fabulous with both Kelly Monaco and Rebecca Herbst while on GH) so it has to be in the writing.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bad choices and personality deficits aside (because no one on this show is free of them), I will never believe that Nicole has to chase a man. Not just chase, but desperately, embarrassingly chase only to lose him in the end. Makes no sense, especially when other women on this show have men pining over them like they do. She's quite attractive, can be a loyal and equal partner (I'm thinking in particular of her stint w/EJ when he was running for mayor). I'd like to see what they do with her if they put her in a relationship where she's not competing with another woman. Or a deity. She tends to really screw up when her insecurities are exposed (dead baby, feeling not worthy, etc)

She had nothing with Bryan Dattilo a

I love me some Lucas, but no one has romantic chemistry with BD. Sami comes close, but that may be equal parts wishful thinking and character history.

Edited by shesajar

Hmm, I guess that's my unpopular opinion then, but I think she elevates everyone in her scenes.  Even people I don't like.  A lot of these people aren't good actors but I think AZ is. Is she at a low point now?  Definitely.

• Love 2

I love me some Lucas, but no one has romantic chemistry with BD. Sami comes close, but that may be equal parts wishful thinking and character history.

I thought BD had chem with Nadia Bjorlin but that may have just come from her. BD is a good actor but it's true that he's no chem magnet. Nadia on the other hand, is only a passable actress but has the ability to click with most of her male co-stars. She was wonderful with both Kyle Lowder and Jay Kenneth Johnson and had pretty decent chem with Shawn Christian as well.

(edited)

Objectively, I think AZ is a good actress.

But I pretty much have no reaction to any of her pairings. Whether that's because of a chemistry issue or something else, I'm not sure. There is a part of me that can see why she's stuck on soaps even though she has  strong technical skills.

I thought she and EJ were okay, but I really think I watched EJole because of him. And I watched EJabby because of him.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

I completely disagree NB had any chemistry with anyone.  I suffered through those years where she spoke so slowly I'd fall over out of boredom.  She has blue eyes, great, but the overly short skirts didn't impress me.  I will never watch another scene with her if she comes back. She lied to Lucas and she lied to Dan.

I want to hug Lucas every time I see him.  He's Kate's good son, just as Will is Sami's good son.

Edited by QuelleC

I have never wanted an entire family to be read the riot act like I do the Hortons. Every single one of them needs to get a verbal smack down. Jen and Abby also need to be punched in the face and/or buried alive. I really wish Nick would have been able to call all of them out before he was murdered.

I don't have any strong feelings about AZ either way, but if she's going to stick around I wish they would kill off Nicole and let her start over with a new character.

• Love 3

The only likeable Deveraux is JJ. Jen and Abigail are horrible and I'm glad Jack is gone so he doesn't have to witness them acting like they do. It honestly boggles the mind why any man would be interested in either of them. I hate Dan but it's a miracle he hasn't jumped from a tall building to get away from Jennifer.

I want to see more of Abigail and Jennifer - said by no one, ever!

• Love 5

I'm not looking forward to the Hortons screeching at everybody over Nick's death.  If any of them say anything to Gabi, Sonny, or Will, I want Sami to punch them.  It's been a while since Sami gave anyone a black eye.  Even better if Kate and Sami tag team them.

Nicole was more entertaining when she was a scheming gold digger.

• Love 2

Nicole does seem less pathetic when she's scheming for money.

When she tries showing remorse in private, she seems kind of boring. I don't know if she's annoying, but since she's determined to do the wrong thing anyway, looking up to the sky to ask God for clarification on what she should do seems kind of pointless to me.

• Love 2

Hmm, I guess that's my unpopular opinion then, but I think she elevates everyone in her scenes.  Even people I don't like.  A lot of these people aren't good actors but I think AZ is. Is she at a low point now?  Definitely.

I like Nicole too.  And even more, I like AZ.  I think she's a terrific actor, especiallywhen she's given good material and storylines that play to her strengths.  IMO, one of the reasons I haven't liked her lately is this Eric storyline just doesn't work.  The constantly weepy, weak, stumbling Nicole just doesn't ring true for me.  I like her best in combat mode, I guess, or in a partnership with someone who keeps her on her toes and who she does the same for.  The problem for me with the Eric storyline is that I don't believe she would really be this desperate for a guy like Eric, or even if she started out that way, would have been able to maintain it.  Eric may be "good" but GOOD LORD HE'S DULL AS DIRT.

I'd like the partly evil, maybe even a little crazy, but snarky and sneaky and smart as a whip Nicole to return.

I have never wanted an entire family to be read the riot act like I do the Hortons. Every single one of them needs to get a verbal smack down. Jen and Abby also need to be punched in the face and/or buried alive. I really wish Nick would have been able to call all of them out before he was murdered.

The only likeable Deveraux is JJ. Jen and Abigail are horrible and I'm glad Jack is gone so he doesn't have to witness them acting like they do. It honestly boggles the mind why any man would be interested in either of them. I hate Dan but it's a miracle he hasn't jumped from a tall building to get away from Jennifer.

I'm not looking forward to the Hortons screeching at everybody over Nick's death.  If any of them say anything to Gabi, Sonny, or Will, I want Sami to punch them.  It's been a while since Sami gave anyone a black eye.  Even better if Kate and Sami tag team them..

Oh yes, I am with MY PEOPLE!  A triple Yes to everything you all said about the Hortons in general and the Deveraux hags in particular.  I hold Jenn and Abigail responsible for that extremely grudging sympathy I have for Dirty Dan every now and then.  IMO they are the Kwak and Babe Cary of Salem - always better than everyone else, never seeing, much less owning their own shit and more than ready to pile on anyone else at a moment's notice.  And that air of sanctimony smells a whole like raccoon roadkill to me.

And have you noticed that neither mother nor daughter has ANY sense of humor - at all?  I didn't like them much at all, but the deal was sealed for me with Abigail after she went after Austin and then seems to have forgotten that little discretion as she screams first at Chad and that doctor whatshisname about "BETRAYAL"  and then she goes after EJ after basically assaulting him like she was going to climb Mt. Everest.  It was all HIS fault, dontcha know.  Bun Girl is a delusional self-involved sanctimonious twit - and of course the Horton clan worships her, second only to that harridan of a mother.

Jenn seems on the dim side, always.  Not the brightest bulb.  And no matter how crazy Ann at the hospital may be, she's 100% right that she never shows up for work, and she never would have the job security if she wasn't a Horton.  It was infuriating to watch her play Jack before he died, and then she wanted to be both the SADDEST widder woman in town WHILE she was banging Dirty Dan.  And of course, the Hortons worshiped her.  Morons.

Then she breaks it off with Dan - her decision - and THEN can't keep her nose out of his business and judges him right and left and loudly.  And the Hortons worship her.  Then she finds out he saved her son and acts like it's her right to forgive him.  I know the writers don't intend it, but her compulsion to butt into everyone's business, to question people even after they've asked her to butt out makes her seem a little nuts.  And Abigail does the same.  But they're Horton saints, nontheless.

With any luck JJ will find out Jenn brought home the wrong baby from the hospital.

Thank you all for you fabulous Deveraux dishing, it does my heart good!

• Love 4

And have you noticed that neither mother nor daughter has ANY sense of humor - at all?

Abby and Jen truly seem like miserable people. They're always whining, crying, and complaining about something. Jen could win a million bucks and would still have a frown on her face. The only time Abby seems happy is when she's getting some penis. Maybe she needs to have a vibrator permanently attached to her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Jen's a bible thumper in real life who hates gays and god knows what else..   Yes, I'm saying it and her judgment shows through to her acting and that's why we hate her. 

Yeah, must be awful to be rich and miserable.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 5

I want to see more of Abigail and Jennifer - said by no one, ever!

The only character in the Deveraux family to like is JJ and he's one of my favorite characters. Just right now he's in an awful storyline with Paige and Bev both who are just useless and can easily be replaced.

Abby is just a stupid bitch, they're no redeeming qualities in her character at all for me to like. As I said on TWOP the way she was questioning NuBen when he declined the modeling job was just stank. She acted like Sonny pays cheap and NuBen is hard up for money when it looks like NuBen is doing well, hair is done, not wearing dirty clothes. Now OldBen looked homeless, I would understand her asking him questions about turning it down cause he looked homely but NuBen looks far from homeless. Abby was acting like NuBen turned down millions and thousands of dollars when it was just $500 and I'm pretty sure Sonny pays at least that much. When the affair is found out I really hope Sami punches the living daylights out of her like she did Nicole so many times. If they make Sami go easy on Abby, I will scream. Let Sami beat Abby's ass in front of Jenn.

I'm waiting for Jordan and NuBen to exit stage left. Jordan is so boring and despite the BS writers are trying to sell, there is no love story between her and Rafe. They don't even know what her damn secret is. You can tell they're just writing for the sake of writing for Jordan until they figure it out what it is. Maybe they should cut their losses and get rid of the character.

Theresa can actually be redeemed because she reminds me of B&B & Y&R's Amber Moore (who I love, I love Amber) and her relationship with Brady had potential but writers are giving both characters the same story. Brady is being played by a woman and Theresa is back to scheming. Writers should take them in a different direction before putting them back to their old habits. They should get Theresa away from Ann and put her in a friendship with Kate.

Jenn is just irritating and I don't like Ann but I see why she doesn't like Jenn. 

I'm not much of a fan of AZ's acting cause all I see is a deer in the headlights look from her with the bug out eyes everytime her hand is caught in the cookie jar.

I really would like the writers to concentrate more on Sonny and put Will in the backburner and play supporting for a minute. Throughout their relationship they've been relying more on Will's problems more than Sonny's. I always liked Sonny more out of the two and he's a Kiriakis dammit. 

Only characters I like are: Sonny, JJ, T, Kate (especially her reaction to Nick's death, she doesn't give a damn lol cause I didn't either) and Lucas. Those are the characters that I'll root for basically. They need to put T on more. I might like Victor, I like the way he handled that guy who doesn't support gay marriage and how he's willing to help Sonny in the Nick's death crappy story.

I really wish writers would do something with Maxine's character besides being a Dannifer Pimptress. They went for an Abe pairing and immediately threw that out of the water and will let them remain friends only. What crap. They should put her in a relationship.

Absolutely hate Abby, Dan (writers prop him too much) & Nicole and will never ever like them.

• Love 2

It`s a little baffling to me as to why Daniel is so boring. He`s given a fair amount of material to shine, but yet so much dullness ensues from him.

I think even Rafe might be more interesting. Well, at least Rafe has a well-groomed face on his side.

• Love 1

So this is the new place! Looks nice! Just a few thoughts to get my feet wet. 

Love AZ for her acting chops (in DOOL terms, lol) but am so ready for Nicole to get her comeuppance. I know she's desperate and all, but her go-to impulse is always lie, manipulate, and lie some more. I'd like for her to be rehabbed, though, because I think she's a great character overall. Trouble-makers always move the plot forward. 

Jenn -- what was up with her Sharon Tate hairdo last week? Was it just so her shadow outside Dan's door would be unmistakably her? I'm looking forward to yet another block in the Dan and Jenn road to happy ever after. I'm thinking she and Eric switch partners down the line. 

Paige -- I love her! I know that's not a popular opinion, but I think she's lovely and playing her role well as the smart girl in the flower patch. She and JJ have some nice chemistry -- hope this one lasts for a while. It's also great to see JJ smile instead of stomp around. I'll take Rory and T anyday over Bev. 

Abigail - well, I want to like her, I really do, mainly because she's Jack's daughter. But she needs to either work on her edge so she can play in the big leagues with EJ or settle down into a nice background character like....oh, maybe Adrienne when she's not being annoying. But I think she (and KM) have been raked over the coals since the EJabby affair and I'd like to give her another chance. Besides, I think we're stuck with her.

I miss Bo, Steve, and Carly.  

I'm looking forward to yet another block in the Dan and Jenn road to happy ever after. I'm thinking she and Eric switch partners down the line.

Yes, this seems to be in the cards.  Now, I really dislike Jennifer, and in my own life, I am not a person who would, for example, go to a friend to tell her her husband is screwing around on her.  My philosophy is it is none of my business.  This Nicole thing, though, if I had overheard what Jen did, and had been wronged by Nicole and sent to prison, etc., I absolutely would have hightailed it to Eric to tell him the truth, to a) protect him, and b) give a little payback to a "so-called friend" who is really not a friend.  Jennifer is an idiot and she is self-righteous, but this one time I completely agree with her actions.  So if and when Daniel gets pissed at her about it, I will be happy to see her turn to Father Eric for some counselling.  Or something.

• Love 2

Gabi really is an idiot.  Not only, has Rafe covered for Gabi in the past, and would have helped her, but Kate and Sami helped Gabi toss Nick in the river.  Kate, Sami, and EJ were ready to handle Nick in their own way, and EJ even told Gabi that.  Sonny could have gone to Victor at any time.  Now I’m back to how much I hate the ridiculousness of this SL, the idea that Kate and Sami wouldn’t know how to cover up a crime, and that Nick could blackmail the two biggest crime families (Dimera and Kiriakis) in Salem and nothing would happen to him.  {face palm}

Thank you Eric for saying that love for him had nothing to do with it.  Eric is right.  Nicole did what she did for herself.  I am tired of this same repetitive SL for Nicole.

Sami feels bad for Rafe because of Gabi.  How long before EJ is jealous and bitching at her about that?

• Love 2

On Friday's show, Gabi told Will, "I know you didn't kill Nick, because I did that."  That bugged me all weekend, because "I did that" doesn't sound like a common turn of phrase.  So today, she said, "I know you didn't kill Nick, because I did."  Yay, I can relax now.  :)

• Love 1

Will talking to Arianna and her looking back at him with those big eyes - my ovaries. Guy Wilson just gets better and better in the role. Also, can he get any sexier? 

CB was fabulous today. I really felt for Gabi when she was confessing to the crime. Hope didn't bug me either, must be a first in at least a year.

• Love 1

So I really hope nobody is rooting for Nicole cause she brings her misery all on herself.

*ahem*

Actually, it's the writers dumping all this misery on Nicole. Because they hate me. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was....

• Love 5

I noticed it too. I would also have said "I did that" but I study other languages and it's affecting my English so I say "that" way too often.  Gabi is bilingual and saying I did "it" in Spanish would be a different sentence structure. It would be "it I did" rather than "I did that".  Overthinking, I know. jmho.

• Love 1

Once upon a time Jennifer was one of my favorite characters.  Now I just want to punch her in the face when she is on my screen. Why couldn't she have died in that elevator instead of Jack?

• Love 4

Most of the characters bring their own misery on themselves.  There are a few who have had their lives ruined by other characters.  The problem is the idiot writers have the characters doing the exact same thing over and over again that screwed up their life the last time.  Would it kill the writers to add in a little variety?  I'm constantly screaming at my TV, "You brain dead idiots.  You did the exact same thing last week, and it failed miserably.  Try something else."

Gabi being the one how killed Nick was so predictable.  I can't believe the SL started out so good when Kate, Sami, and Gabi were dragging Nick's body through the woods, and it went down hill so quickly.  Gabi's role in Melanie's kidnapping finally came out.  I wonder if any of the other secrets will be revealed.  I wonder if Nick had anything planned in the event of his death that the Dimera henchmen didn't find.  They are the worst henchmen ever.

When will Kate be back in the loop?  I'm still having a hard time believing that Kate, Sami, and EJ could be so incompetent at this.  How did they manage to get away with all their other crimes?  Sonny better remember what Victor told him.

• Love 1

Will talking to Arianna and her looking back at him with those big eyes - my ovaries. Guy Wilson just gets better and better in the role. Also, can he get any sexier? 

CB was fabulous today. I really felt for Gabi when she was confessing to the crime. Hope didn't bug me either, must be a first in at least a year.

Yes to your whole post.  That baby is really great, and Guy Wilson is too.  I'm enjoying him and Sonny quite a bit.  Watching today, I was relieved a bit that Chandler Massey wasn't there for the conclusion of this storyline.  Lame as it may have been I would have been afraid he's have grinned through it inappropriately, as he was doing far too much in his last months on the show. 

CB was very, very good today, and that was impressive.  While the conclusion to Nick's murder seems inconsistent at best, she brought it home today.  Hope didn't bug me, at least until she declared that "Nick didn't deserve this".  What Nick "didn't deserve" was to be ignored by the Horton Harpies who had promised him, and his mother and grandmother that they would keep an eye out for him and on him.  Hope failed at that miserably.  And there's the little matter of the attempted rape.  Granted, she doesn't know about it, but this is Hope, right??, the best cop in the world?? 

Once upon a time Jennifer was one of my favorite characters.  Now I just want to punch her in the face when she is on my screen. Why couldn't she have died in that elevator instead of Jack?

I love this post, just because I can never get enough Jenn disdain!  And that outfit she was wearing made her seem even creepier and more brain-damaged than usual, which is saying a lot.

When will Kate be back in the loop?  I'm still having a hard time believing that Kate, Sami, and EJ could be so incompetent at this.  How did they manage to get away with all their other crimes?  Sonny better remember what Victor told him.

Exactly.  It never rang true that Nick could be such a persistently annoying gnat in the sides of these families.  Kate has been fabulous with her "who gives a rats ass" attitude since Nick was killed, but the DiMeras and the Kiriakis families should have put him in a pair of cement shoes ages ago.   I would have loved it if early on when he was taunting Kate, she had pulled an Indiana Jones and instead of fighting back, just said "the Hell with it", pulled a gun out of her handbag and blown him away. 

Hope we see her and Victor soon!

Oh, and please God, send Julie on another cruise STAT and don't let her return to Salem for at least a while.  I like Julie in short doses but I don't want to see her giving anyone the stinkeye since she too pretty much abandoned Nick after promising to help him out.

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's the thing that bothered me - Hope didn't ask what Gabi meant when she said Nick got "physical" with her. First off, that is an important detail in determining Gabi's state of mind. Secondly, what does that mean? How far did it go? Gabi was obviously distraught and I get that sexual violence is apparently normal in Salem, but a little digging and more of a reaction than a raised eyebrow would seem appropriate to me.

I know Gabi said she is going to jail but wouldn't a psych eval be in order? What she was describing is blackmail and intimidation, as well as phyical, mental and emotional abuse. I would think a good attorney (sorry EJ) would claim temporary insanity and demand that she serve out her sentence in a psychiatric institution until she is deemed no longer a danger to herself or others.

Where is Justin when we need him? Oh yeah, he is in Port Charles visiting his identical cousin, Ned. Still, they're cousins, identical cousins and you'll find, they laugh alike, they walk alike, at times they even talk alike -- you can lose your mind, when cousins are two of a kind!

Yeah, I'd watch that!

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 4
(edited)

I hated yesterday because Gabi was canonised and Wilson were thrown under the bus.  Much was made of them celebrating that Will isn’t going to jail (idiotic as he was) with not enough time spent worrying about Gabi (as if their relationship hasn’t revolved around her for two years already).

Will seemingly putting Sonny ahead of Ari and it being called ‘romantic’ annoyed me.  I didn’t take it as that when he first confessed because Will has his own issues, but I can’t believe nobody mentioned it at least.

I think their dialogue was a poor writing choice also because now ‘the gays’ finally have Ari while ‘the baby’s mother’ goes to prison, and I didn’t want it to happen like that, with WilSon coming off negatively.  Of course they’re going to prepare for a life without Gabi.  Dumb Gabi still killed a man.

Killing Nick was not the only option, plus it was premeditated.  She went back to get the gun after all.  I refuse to accept Gabi as some kind of heroine (and neither was Will a hero when he confessed either). Gabi can cry all she wants because she was stupid.  It’s her own fault that she won’t see her daughter by ensuring that she proceeds directly to the Big House, when she could have fought the other charges while Nick was alive.

And maybe all the tears would mean more to me if she wasn’t intent on getting away with shooting Nick before this.  She only confessed because Will did.  Where was all this guilt in the aftermath of the shooting?  I know it was for the sake of the plot, but Gabi was very ‘business as usual’ after Nick died when not having romantic flashbacks.  No wonder Hope was so cold.

Even though I want it to come out (and with the EJabby reveal how can it not?) Kate and Sami should not even feel grateful that Gabi didn’t confess to Nick’s drowning IMO. Logically, where is the proof?  How would Gabi even prove that it did happen since EJ has Nick’s pictures now? The case against them was tenuous when Nick was alive anyway.

The only crime Gabi can rightfully own up to is this and Melanie’s kidnapping, because she has proof from this shooting and that agreement with Justin as proof of what she did to Melanie.

I’ll never forget how Gabi truly thought she’d get away with Melanie’s kidnapping and rubbed it in Chad and Sonny’s faces.   She was only too happy to hide behind Nick then-until he used her own crime against her.

Assigning causality to Madison and Jack’s deaths is debatable, but Andrew was only there because of Gabi.  She had an option to tell him to stop, but she chose to let him continue.

It’s no secret that I dislike Gabi (those of you from TWoP will know quite well).  I just think Gabi was stupid right until the end.  A waste of time character from the beginning IMO.   Another one of Tomlin’s pets.  Her only redeeming quality for me was that she saved everyone from inbreeding and added diversity to the canvas.

I’m not looking forward to her goodbye tour next week, though she is lucky that she got a better exit than most veteran characters. Spare me the tears with Will and Sonny where they all act like they actually loved each other.

It’s sad that she won’t see Ari outside of prison visits, but the actresses was leaving and show me a soap kid who hasn’t grown up without a parent onscreen.  I’ll never forget when Gabi told Sonny that she and Will have something he and Sonny will never have.  I guess Wilson will have that family now and maybe they can even adopt/have a surrogate down the road, huh Gabs?

Gabi can always come back, but for now I will just bask in the fact that there is one less Hernandez on my screen.

I didn’t like Hope saying that Nick didn’t deserve to die.  It’s true, but she could have prefaced it with acknowledging that bad things Nick had done.  It just came off like he was an innocent to me and that was not the case.

I loved Will telling Hope: ‘sorry for your loss.’ It’s so honest.  Nick was nothing but a thorn in Will’s side and I’m a fan of not canonising terrible people just because their dead.   It’s been said that Will and Nick are still family, but when was the last time Will and Lucas have been treated like family by the Hortons?

I also hope Rafe gets in trouble for covering for Gabi just because he's another one (besides St. Dan) that gets praised to high heaven by the good people of Salem.

Edited by 271queenie

I loved Will telling Hope: ‘sorry for your loss.’ It’s so honest.  Nick was nothing but a thorn in Will’s side and I’m a fan of not canonising terrible people just because their dead.   It’s been said that Will and Nick are still family, but when was the last time Will and Lucas have been treated like family by the Hortons?

This!  Not that I can remember.  Granted, I'm a newish viewer but it seems to me that Lucas is the odd man out in the clan and Will is an afterthought. 

Way to go, Camilla -- where was that girl the whole time? I loved how she tied going to prison to her former crime, not the one that involved Sami and Kate. And if I'm ever in her shoes, I want EJ on my side. I think because she sold that backstory, the DA will go light on her and she'll be in prison for a minimal amount of time. Then, down the line, when Sonny and Will's relationship acquires some issues, she'll come back around to upset their parental balance. 

And Eric! Nice to see that fire in your eyes after all. Don't forgive, Eric, don't forgive. Go to Jennifer....Normally I'm sympathetic to anyone who's heart is breaking, but geez, Nicole, this is all on you. You f-ed up. Get some help to see that and come back when you're well. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh, Nicole. During the wacko baby storyline, I at least thought she had some sincerity to her, however misguided she might have been. Now I just think she's super fake.

I think CB sold her scenes, but I was probably looking at her the same way Hope was. Gabi's sense of logic is baffling.

Edited by bantering