Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Swartz said:

Her father was Steve and Kayla's best friend.  He was tied to them in the 80s so instead of showing us Steve and Kayla meeting Marcus's daughter for the first time we find out Steve recommended her for the job.  So we are cheated of Steve meeting the daughter of his best childhood friend.  Plot over character. 

And if she's been close to Steve, then she should also know that her murder victim is Steve's niece.  She should also know who Jack is as well from her father and Steve.  Her father's best friend's baby brother.  The father of her murder victim.  I was waiting for that to come up.  Maybe it still will.  Marcus and Jack weren't ever BFF or anything, but they got along okay for the most part.  Jack asked Marcus to stand in for Steve as best man at his wedding to Jennifer.  

I'm still going with Gwen as the killer.  It's obviously NOT Sarah.  That wouldn't be revealed on a Tuesday.  Someone will take possession of the Salem brain in this investigation of Sarah and recall the recent use of masks in the attempt to pretend to be her.  Someone important will find out that Gwen was out the night of the murder, and that her killing Abigail while wearing a Sarah mask eliminates two people she hates in one shot.  There's a reason she hasn't been a focus yet.  I'm guessing they're saving her for last but keep having her pop up to remind viewers that it could be her.  

This is from yesterday, but why can't Jack have some of the same time with JJ that he got with Xander yesterday?  Why can't they have a conversation with Jack asking about things in South Africa or JJ's business?  They just insist on presenting Jack as a lousy father.  He walks out on JJ when he doesn't like what he says about the nasty retcon but has time for Xander.  If Jack can't do both, I'd much rather the time be spent on his son who's been gone for over a year.  

Also, unless I missed it, I noticed that Jack didn't have any comment on Lucas as a suspect.  I gather the show realizes they can't have him say boo about anyone in Jennifer's family hurting Abigail when he continues to be such a staunch defender of all the things Gwen deliberately did.  Lucas and Sarah at least loved Abby and anything they may have done have extenuating circumstances.  Lucas has been cleared, but he was drunk and blacked out.  I don't believe Sarah is guilty, but she is hallucinating and suffering the effects of being drugged in part because of Gwen.  Gwen has no excuse for anything that she's done, and I really hope Jack has to deal with that fact one day.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

Marlena: Hey Sarah you are hallucinating random women are Kristen and attacking them. That is concerning

Also Marlena: Go see Abigail alone lolz 

Are we sure that her patients who got awful advice can all date it to when she was possessed?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Swartz said:

Her father was Steve and Kayla's best friend.  He was tied to them in the 80s so instead of showing us Steve and Kayla meeting Marcus's daughter for the first time we find out Steve recommended her for the job.  So we are cheated of Steve meeting the daughter of his best childhood friend.  Plot over character. 

Don't forget Jack..  Marcus and Jack bonding in the wake of Steve's death was pretty awesome as well. Jada comforting Jack about Abigail could have been a nod to history since Marcus was always there for Steve and Jack..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Too bad Nancy and Clyde couldn't give a description of both weasels and realize it is the same weasel. It's Salem - no weasel families running around.

So, somehow Lucas got the booze, stumbled to the park, stumbled to the DiMera mansion (where is the security), somehow got in to the house (hello open garden door), found some lemons on the bar, cut his hand slicing the lemon, and heard voices so he went to the foyer and saw someone..... ta daaaaa! I went hmmmmm..... how..... convenient.

So this Jada person is on some weird police officer interview? Wouldn't Rafe or someone in police HR have to call her previous precinct and get an actual reference? She could have had complaints, been a dirty cop, etc. etc. Not many folks are going to get the Marcus Hunter reference.

Xander looked handsome in his kilt. Funny how Sarah's dress was found on the island, came back with her, and is in perfect condition.

Sarah, Xander was under zero obligation to keep your ring. As far as he knew, you dumped him. Why would he hang on to it. He can get you a similar one. Some pawn shop that still had it.

Awww, Gwennie, you have a new roomie. Kristen is going to make your prison life fun. I am assuming that she suspects that you had a little outing the night Abs was murdered and maybe helped youself to the Sarah mask or borrowed it from Ava.

• Love 4

So the Salem Pd chooses to detain and question Sarah on the say so of a drunk who can't recall the night in question rather than try to locate a man who was in possession of property stolen from the victim...

Did they have Clyde do a police sketch of Leo? Didn't Marlena state that anything Lucas "remembered" was not admissible in court? Who let Jada in to the house? Why couldn't she wait to let them finish the ceremony? Why wasn't Victor there since it's his home? So many questions.....

• Love 6
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Did they have Clyde do a police sketch of Leo? Didn't Marlena state that anything Lucas "remembered" was not admissible in court?

Actually, I thought that Marlena told him it WOULD be used against him if he remembered killing Abigail.  If he wanted her to hypnotize him, he would have to waive doctor/patient confidentiality.

• Love 1
Just now, DaphneCat said:

Actually, I thought that Marlena told him it WOULD be used against him if he remembered killing Abigail.  If he wanted her to hypnotize him, he would have to waive doctor/patient confidentiality.

Thanks. I knew she muttered something. Still not over how ecstatic she was that Sarah is supposedly the killer. Isn't she friends with Maggie, knows Sarah, etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Thanks. I knew she muttered something. Still not over how ecstatic she was that Sarah is supposedly the killer. Isn't she friends with Maggie, knows Sarah, etc.

Delivering bad news is the only joy Marlena has left, now that the man who owns her heart has set sail on the Minnow for that three hour tour.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 13
(edited)

One more teeny, tiny little thing.....  So Lucas, under hypnosis, remembers going to the DiMera House of Pain and after breaking in, wanting a drink.  He's been drinking nonstop since he stole a bottle from the Pub, but this close-to-blackout drunk decides he needs to mix it up and have something different.

With a twist.  

A twist of lemon.

Now how many blackout drunks do you all think, in an advanced state of drunkeness, decides they just CAN'T have another drink until they have a curl of lemon to complete the ensemble?  

And most important, WHERE is the little umbrella?  Cuz a blind drunk, homicidal maniac would INSIST on a cute little umbrella, too.

Judge, I insist on a mistrial.  

And I want that little umbrella, too.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Don't forget Jack..  Marcus and Jack bonding in the wake of Steve's death was pretty awesome as well. Jada comforting Jack about Abigail could have been a nod to history since Marcus was always there for Steve and Jack..

I never really bought into Marcus and Jack.  It just felt they were trying to use Jack as a substitute for Steve. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, boes said:

One more teeny, tiny little thing.....  So Lucas, under hypnosis, remembers going to the DiMera House of Pain and after breaking in, wanting a drink.  He's been drinking nonstop since he stole a bottle from the Pub, but this close-to-blackout drunk decides he needs to mix it up and have something different.

With a twist.  

A twist of lemon.

Now how many blackout drunks do you all think, in an advanced state of drunkeness, decides they just CAN'T have another drink until they have a curl of lemon to complete the ensemble?  

And most important, WHERE is the little umbrella?  Cuz a blind drunk, homicidal maniac would INSIST on a cut little umbrella, too.

Judge, I insist on a mistrial.  

And I want that little umbrella, too.

It's the Twinkie defense of 2022.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Swartz said:

I never really bought into Marcus and Jack.  It just felt they were trying to use Jack as a substitute for Steve. 

I hated that they made up Marcus as Steve's BFF. He'd been established as a loner until he met Bo and Britta which is why their betrayal hit so hard

Edited by brisbydog
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I hated that they made up Marcus as Steve's BFF. He'd been established as a loner until he met Bo and Britta which I'd why their betrayal hit so hard

That never bothered me because Marcus and Steve were friends in the orphanage, as kids.  My thought is Steve was "released" (not sure of the exact term) when he was old enough to become an emancipated minor.  I always thought Steve was a year or two older than Marcus, so maybe at that point, they lost touch.  When Marcus first came to town, he broke up an argument between Steve and Jack (when Steve had kidnapped Kayla).  When they were reminiscing, Marcus said something along the line about being a doctor now.  That’s not to say that during Steve’s time in the Merchant Marines, when he met Bo and Britta, he was more of a loner.  Remember the guy that performed Steve and Kayla’s boat wedding knew Steve in the Merchant Marines as well.  I guess they were good enough friends, that years later Steve could ask him to borrow his yacht, perform the wedding ceremony, and even fly them to Bangkok for their honeymoon.  

To get on topic, I missed yesterday's episode so today was my first time seeing Jada.  It will be interesting to see how she fits into Salem.  I'm just guessing she has kept in touch with Steve, Kayla, and Stephanie all these years, so that's why she wasn't introduced with them.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

So boring today. I’m glad Lucas is innocent and it seems that Marlena is already softening on Kate.

This lasted longer than I thought I figured Marlena wouldn't be mad.

I'm sure Allie will also come around. I surprisingly didn't dislike her as much today. I realize I only like her in family drama rather than relationships but tbh I feel that way about all the other characters who aren't in pairings established before the 90s

• Love 4

I don't think that was Sarah that Lucas saw. Does anyone here really not assume it was Gwen? And not content with messing up Sarah's brain she likely is framing her for murder. Lovely

• Love 6

I don't think it's Sarah after today. She came to the conclusion to fast. 

I could care less about Allie's feelings over Kate over her kidnapping father. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I'm definitely convinced that Sarah didn't kill Abigail.  But her hesitance with Xander, Maggie, and Jada today tells me that she does know something about the murder.  Not that she was involved (I don't believe that for a second), but that she definitely saw something suspicious.

But I think that Gwen's too easy, too.  I think that she definitely had the Sarah mask again, but used it to kill Abigail?  I don't think so.

Oh agreed Gwen didn't do it but she's happy to let people think Sarah did. Poor Sarah how dare she have a relationship with Gwen's boyfriend like before she ever met him

• Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I could care less about Allie's feelings over Kate over her kidnapping father. 

Agree 1000%!  My dislike for Allie subsided a little bit lately - not much, but some - but the way she turned on Kate brought it back in full force.  

She had no trouble living off Kate's money in London, accepting her support, financial and otherwise when she returned to Salem.  She's so quick to condemn Kate for keeping quiet about Lucas but she sure was eager to accept her support when she was raging around town, threatening Tripp with a gun and treating her mother like crap.  She's intolerable.

Oh Chad, don't you have enough over the top grief scenes for your Emmy reel yet?  I really don't care who "killed"  Abigail since we all know she'll turn up alive sooner or later, probably on the day Chad is getting married to the new woman in his life, Melinda Trask.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11

Sarah, you could have taken the two minutes to finish marrying Xander. He is now going to have to take his kilt to the dry cleaners. Again.

Lucas' memory sure came back quickly. If he was super drunk, I don't know if he would see things so clearly. A woman who looked like Sarah. With all the masks, it's too easy.

Harold never noticed the bloody lemons?

I don't think Rafe should have even told Chad that there is a new person of interest. Heck, question the whole town!

Don't care about Allie reacting to her grandma knowing her dad kidnapped her mom. Johnny, give Chanel some space to see what she wants out of life. Too soon to ask her to marry you again.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, boes said:

I really don't care who "killed"  Abigail since we all know she'll turn up alive sooner or later, probably on the day Chad is getting married to the new woman in his life, Melinda Trask.

OK, now I want this.  Not the Abigail returning part, mostly just the Melinda Trask part.  Show is turning her into the Justin version of a DA.  Either she loses the case or gets blackmailed in to dropping it (looking at you Abe.)  

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Harold never noticed the bloody lemons?

It's just too, too, too ridiculous how anyone can just come and go into the DiMera mansion (no security at all???!!!)....AND without the staff noticing  (is Harold supposed to be the ONLY staff there?!)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Why the hell does Ron think newborn babies sound like an air pump? And does he record those sounds while he's filling up his tires? 

Agree about the Dimera security system or lack thereof.  This murder mystery would make a lot more sense if Chad went off on his Brinks home security rep instead of every Salemite Rafe hauls in for an interview. 

For a second there, I thought Evan and Kristin were gonna get it on in the infirmary too since that's where Evan seems to pick up women. And for a second, I thought the governor was going to endorse Orpheus as his replacement.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Really?  I knew that Orpheus was going for a pardon.  He could care less about running a whole state.

Umm, I don't know about that.  He'd take the job and the power if it was a means to an end.  Pardon and promotion all rolled into one.  And besides, it would certainly make the race for Abe an interesting one. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Still, in character, I doubt that he'd care about any of that.  All that seems to matter to him is being free.

Being free is only Orpheus's first step.  Not saying his next one is holding political office because, no, I'm sure that's not his ultimate plan.  But it's definitely Orpheus's character to want and gain the upper hand.  He has some plan beyond just getting released.  Evan will be content to just get his kids back, but Orpheus will go after more. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Still, in character, I doubt that he'd care about any of that.  All that seems to matter to him is being free.

It could be that only thing he wants in life at all is freedom, since bathing, grooming or a Charm School course or two don't seem to be his radar, either.

• LOL 9

Gee Evan really is a weenie,  that little woman had him in a choke hold with a pencil to the eye before he knew what was happening. And to Dad's dismay of course he spilled the beans. What did he call Evan? Idiot?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Maybeitsme said:

Gee Evan really is a weenie,  that little woman had him in a choke hold with a pencil to the eye before he knew what was happening. And to Dad's dismay of course he spilled the beans. What did he call Evan? Idiot?

Yet I'm supposed to believe this character murdered Jordan?

Anyways I did like Shawn acknowledging he was assaulted. It would be nice if Brady/Chloe could do the same of course in Brady's case I shouldn't be surprised given Rachel's conception.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I liked Chloe’s talk with Shawn. I’m glad he said he was assaulted and Chloe (and Belle) agree with that. However, I was glad Chloe pointed out his coddling of Jan. Shawn didn’t deserve to be cheated on, and Belle didn’t deserve to have Jan shoved in her face and her home. They both need to take responsibility for their part.

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Like 2
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I liked Chloe’s talk with Shawn. I’m glad he said he was assaulted and Chloe (and Belle) agree with that. However, I was glad Chloe pointed out his coddling of Jan. Shawn didn’t deserve to be cheated on, and Belle didn’t deserve to have Jan shoved in her face and her home. They both need to take responsibility for their part.

I agree with this but its more about how Days views rape more than the characters involved here. I do want someone to bring up to Shawn how Jan tried to kill Claire not that long ago I'm surprised Chloe didn't do that.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I knew that Orpheus was going for a pardon. 

Of course DOOL will COMPLETELY ignore how the Governor would justify the pardon to the people (what "lie" exactly would he give, as Orpheus advised?)!

And bad enough the Governor would have to "lie" to pardon Orpheus, he has to come up with even more "lies" to justify Evan's and Kristen's pardons too!

So ridiculous!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, boes said:

It could be that only thing he wants in life at all is freedom, since bathing, grooming or a Charm School course or two don't seem to be his radar, either.

I'll give him a pass on the bathing since prison showers....well they do have a reputation.  Heck, even the prison infirmary is a place for getting busy.  But if he gets his old tropical island back, then I expect him to look spiffy.  Is his ex-sister-in-law still hiding out there since no one (him or the kids) ever mention Olivia? 

4 hours ago, Maybeitsme said:

It was really pathetic that young and virile Evan couldn't overtake that old hag. Good thing his dad didn't see that or he'd have called him a weakling and an idiot. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

is Harold supposed to be the ONLY staff there?!)

Shouldn't Harold be, like ancient by now? I feel like he's been butlering there since I started watching in the mid-90s. Didn't we even used to see him sometimes? Or was that a different guy?

I missed some of today's show...what dirt does Orpheus have on the governor? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Kristin is nuts.  That makes a person insanely strong.  Feel so bad for Rachael.  That kid is doomed.  
mom is visiting and watching with me.  I told her last time you watched the show that women Kristin was wearing a Nicole mask.  The mask is so good it changes your voice and make you taller.  Told her how Kristin had a baby.  Mom asked if she was 15 now.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Guess Brady doesn't need Kristen's permission to take Rachel out of state. Someone in jail can't do much.

Evan is an idiot.

Maybe the Governor has some shady things in his file. The list of folks getting pardoned is questionable.

Paulina, you never bothered to tell Abe that you want him to run for Governor? He is not a knight in shiny armour and has some past stuff.

Chanel, good for you for not choosing any of the twins for now. Be friends, be whatever. No rush to get married.

So Shawn told Chloe he was assaulted? Surely now that Jan is gone, he can do a paternity test.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Something that would disgrace the governor, presumably something crooked he did or partook in. They weren't specific, only referenced the file name, but it was implied the Gov would go out in a scandal rather than end his term in good favor.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Shouldn't Harold be, like ancient by now? I feel like he's been butlering there since I started watching in the mid-90s. Didn't we even used to see him sometimes? Or was that a different guy?

In the 90's, it was both Harold and Iliana on staff. I feel back then they used Iliana more. She disappeared (Character wise) and it's only been Harold since then. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So Shawn told Chloe he was assaulted? Surely now that Jan is gone, he can do a paternity test.

He had one done when Jan was still pregnant and it came back with the results that he was the father. Months later we saw the flashbacks where Orpheus found out about Evan getting Jan pregnant and arranging to change the paternity results so that it would show that Shawn was the father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So Shawn told Chloe he was assaulted?

He suddenly claims he was the victim and assaulted now. Glad Chloe called him on all he was doing with and for Jan. That wasn't things you did with someone you hate over assault. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

NuRolf gets an immediate fail from me.  He just can't nail that accent like William Utay can.  Why do they even need Rolf right now?

The new actor doesn't have that over the top mad scientist glee that the original actor had but I am happy to have both Evan and Gwen back in play--I can't help it, I enjoy the actors and I want to see what they have in store for Salem.  I'm also kind of loving that Kristen stopped pretending she's reformed--she can just let her evilness run free :)

• Like 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The new actor doesn't have that over the top mad scientist glee that the original actor had but I am happy to have both Evan and Gwen back in play--I can't help it, I enjoy the actors and I want to see what they have in store for Salem.  I'm also kind of loving that Kristen stopped pretending she's reformed--she can just let her evilness run free :)

This so much. It's fun. The slow mo of them walking out of prison was hilarious. I'm excited to see what they all have planned.

The look on Gwen's face when she was talking to Xander and Sarah was magnificent.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I hate that Brady and Chloe are going to be saddled with Kristen’s psychotic ass. Why can’t we just be done with her?

Yes! There are so many other things you could write for them. Parker not liking Brady dating his mom (very similar to how JJ returned to Salem and tried to break up Daniel/Jennifer), or Tate not liking Chloe, resenting Brady. That's just for starters.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, JBC344 said:

In the 90's, it was both Harold and Iliana on staff. I feel back then they used Iliana more. She disappeared (Character wise) and it's only been Harold since then. 

Wasn't the mother of Joey Kiriakis and Victor II a housekeeper or something like that?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ral80 said:

Given them all pardons is one of the most laziest plot driven stories I have seen in a long time. How does Ron keep his job?

A hundred million bajillion time THIS!  Yep - let's just wave that magic fairy wand and let all the psychos out of prison.

And how do we know this is lazy, lazy, lazy writing?  The writers don't even bother to give lame-ass *specifics* on the blackmail. Just have the characters spout that it's "something" the Governor doesn't want publicly known!  Well gee golly, maybe the Governor picks his nose and eats the boogers.  Yep, better pardon all these psychopaths instead of having that secret exposed!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I've decided that I'm starting to like Jada.  She comes across as a lot more composed and focused as a cop in a way that neither Eli nor Lani did.

So far I like her too. 

• Love 4