Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Belle is surprised Sami is thinking about herself when Marlena and Brady are in crisis? Belle does know her right?

Sami doesn't get difference between Belle being Brady's lawyer and hers? Brady works for Dimera. Belle works for Dimera. Sami is fighting a Dimera. 

Sami forgot Sydney exists? Everyone is there is a Christmas miracle. 

I can't take any pitiful poor Phillip when he took someone's sobriety from them. He should be locked up and not get a free pass.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think they have decided that yet. I am just guessing that at some point, he will make a return, maybe go after Lani, who will have to be saved by Abe. Then she will realize that Paulina did what was ultimately, a sign of deep love and all will be forgiven. Just my guess.

Shouldn't Eli be the one to save her. Abe is obviously in no physical shape to save someone.

I don't know how old Darnell Williams is (Jesse/All My Children), but he could be wonderful as Lani's father. I actually wouldn't mind if he could usher in a new Days family. The Hernandez family is the last time I remember the show trying to integrate a new family into Days.

• Love 4

So Kate and Victor are now trying to get Philip off the hook for what he did? Rescinding that he is not dead? This will play out well. Lucas knows and can easily tell Sami or anyone. Was surprised to hear him admit that he kidnapped Sami. Thought he would keep that for a while.

Sami, you are still thinking of yourself when other folks in your family have their own problems.

Lani and Eli have no plans for a first birthday celebration for the twins? So Paulina sent her flowers. She didn't have to make a point of coming over. Just a call to say thank you for the flowers. No need to go running to 'mom'.

Kind of surprised that Chanel and Johnny got married. It's very rushed. And not in a romantic, spur of the moment way. The shock on everyone's faces. Not really the best idea.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Kind of surprised that Chanel and Johnny got married. It's very rushed. And not in a romantic, spur of the moment way. The shock on everyone's faces. Not really the best idea.

Like when she got married to Xander? 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yes, I think we're supposed to sympathize with her. Doesn't really matter if that's what they want, if you don't, that's fine but I definitely sympathize with her. First of all, this just happened, so her still being "butthurt" over this makes sense. Eventually, she should get over it, but not right now. Secondly, of course, she's upset that he father isn't a good man but an abusive asshole. I think anyone would be. I don't think it's about shattering her self-image. It's great that some adoptees would love to be in a situation like Lani's, but it doesn't make her reaction to her situation any less valid. She's been lied to all of her life. And lied to by a woman who already has told her many lies who she asked not to lie to her. She doesn't owe Paulina immediate forgiveness. 

Resentful or offended over being saved from a childhood of physical and emotional abuse never makes sense. Paulina & family made a hard decision to ensure Lani had a safe upbringing, and Lani being a grown adult with children of her own should be mature enough to recognize that, but her behavior today was anything but mature. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think they have decided that yet. I am just guessing that at some point, he will make a return, maybe go after Lani, who will have to be saved by Abe. Then she will realize that Paulina did what was ultimately, a sign of deep love and all will be forgiven. Just my guess.

That does sound like a distinct possibility as it would explain why the show has been vague about his fate. It could also provide a 'wake-up call' moment for Lani to realize what her life might have been like if Paulina and Tammy and Big Mama hadn't made the mom switch. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

So Paulina sent her flowers. She didn't have to make a point of coming over. Just a call to say thank you for the flowers. No need to go running to 'mom'.

I think she went over there because Paulina mentioned they haven't seen each other since after the aborted wedding. Lani has wanted her to let her be, but Paulina hasn't been listening. Saying it to her face might actually send a stronger message and get through to her.

47 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Resentful or offended over being saved from a childhood of physical and emotional abuse never makes sense. Paulina & family made a hard decision to ensure Lani had a safe upbringing, and Lani being a grown adult with children of her own should be mature enough to recognize that, but her behavior today was anything but mature.

She's not resentful or offended about being saved from abuse. After the reveal, Lani (and Abe as well) expressed sympathy for what Paulina went through and that they understand the initial decision. The problem is not the lying back then, it's the continued lie now that Lani is an adult. If Paulina had just come clean, even when she first came to town, I think Lani might not have felt quite as betrayed. But, instead Paulina squandered chance after chance to tell the truth, even after Lani gave her an opening after forgiving her for the Priceline disaster. But Paulina might have taken that secret to her grave if the literal devil hadn't 

stepped in. Paulina was dragging her own daughter under the bus even has her lie was being exposed. She doesn't get to just paper over that lie by saying "Well, I was abused, so I lied your whole life and planned to continue lying until I was busted. Here's an edible arrangement. Bygones?" And, seriously, I know the flowers were less tacky than an edible arrangement, but who the hell sends flowers to apologize for a life-altering decades spanning lie. This is not something that happened months ago, or years ago, and Lani still just can't get over it. This happened only weeks ago Salem time. Maybe instead of being "me, me, me" and trying to force a reconciliation, Paulina should just respect Lani's wishes and give her some space. 

I actually thought her behavior today was fairly mature. She didn't bring the lame flowers and dump them at Paulina's feet, like I might have been tempted to do. Instead she was going to give them to a hospital. She and Chanel had a nice moment where she accepted Chanel's apology and welcomed their new relationship.

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Yeah, I thought that was a really weird line. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Shouldn't Eli be the one to save her. Abe is obviously in no physical shape to save someone.

I don't know how old Darnell Williams is (Jesse/All My Children), but he could be wonderful as Lani's father. I actually wouldn't mind if he could usher in a new Days family. The Hernandez family is the last time I remember the show trying to integrate a new family into Days.

Especially since Darnell Williams was already Sal Stowers father in the online reboot of All My Children.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

The narrative I have no clue about is Lani. Are we supposed to be rooting for her? Are we supposed to be sympathetic to this life shocker she’s been dealt? Because I kept thinking today “what a bitch.” All I can extend to her is that finding out your aunt is really your mother would certainly throw anyone for a loop and make you reevaluate many of life’s significant moments. But beyond that, I’ve got no shits to give for her. Her birth mother never really abandoned her; in fact, she loved her and wanted her so much that rather than a closed adoption with strangers, she gave her to a woman she loved and knew would raise her well in order to keep her safe from an abusive father while still being able to be a part of her life.  I don’t doubt there are adoptees out there looking for their birth parents who only dream of discovering something like Lani’s situation.  I sure hope there’s a scene down the road where Lani realizes that she’s really just butthurt over the unpleasant reality that her real father was a creep and not the upstanding mayor of Salem, and how this psychologically offends her pious and sanctimonious self-imagine. 

This! I have not one bit of sympathy for this girl. As an adoptee, I WISH I had a clue of anything about my birth parents, and if I found that my Aunt was my real mom, and the reasons behind it, I’d be grateful. 
Give me a break, her life was a one huge lie. At least she has bio AND adoptive family. She is a bitch and her behavior is childish and petty, considering what others go through. She should be looking at this as being saved, rather than “abused” because her family wanted the best for her. This girl lucked out.

7 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Secondly, of course, she's upset that he father isn't a good man but an abusive asshole. I think anyone would be. I don't think it's about shattering her self-image. It's great that some adoptees would love to be in a situation like Lani's, but it doesn't make her reaction to her situation any less valid. She's been lied to all of her life. And lied to by a woman who already has told her many lies who she asked not to lie to her. She doesn't owe Paulina immediate forgiveness

I get that this will take time to process.

Lani and Abe had a good talk and she has him as a father. That won’t change, he won’t abandon her.

However, Lani (and Abe, for that matter) were being lied to first by Big Mama and Paulina’s sister. It wasn’t Paulina plan to do this. She made the right decision in wanting to protect her baby girl from an abusive  man, but she wasn’t the one to pick Abe as her dad. And, good lord, I think Paulina was forced into that lie. She wanted to come clean, especially after her big scam with Horton square.

I understand Lani’s hurt, but Paulina is not the only one that played in that scheme. I get she needs some time to process. She also needs to forgive Paulina’s sister and her grandmother. For me, they did more harm than Paulina. 

Going to Paulina’s home, ripping up the card and telling her she’ll donate the flowers to someone who cares  was harsh and unnecessary. She’d of been better off not doing anything. 
I also found her reaction to Chanel cold and dismissive. Seems to me she’s more upset Theo and Abe aren’t her bio relatives, which is ridiculous, because family is family, adoptive and biological.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Artsda said:

Belle is surprised Sami is thinking about herself when Marlena and Brady are in crisis? Belle does know her right?

Sami doesn't get difference between Belle being Brady's lawyer and hers? Brady works for Dimera. Belle works for Dimera. Sami is fighting a Dimera. 

I can't take any pitiful poor Phillip when he took someone's sobriety from them. He should be locked up and not get a free pass.

Sami being Sami, but Belle?? 
no professionalism there. Working for DiMera, but defending her brother? Nope. Find another attorney

As far as Philip.. not defending his actions, but he didn’t take Brady’s sobriety..Brady hasn’t been sober in his head for a long time. He’s not working the program, he’s too busy screwing around.

Sobriety ALWAYS comes first when in recovery. Before business, love, etc. 

while Philip needs some serious therapy, Brady needs a stint in a long term rehab to deal with all his crap

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Lucas knows and can easily tell Sami or anyone. Was surprised to hear him admit that he kidnapped Sami. Thought he would keep that for a while.

True, but now Philip knows about Lucas, sooooo, lol. What will they do?!?!?!? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

no professionalism there. Working for DiMera, but defending her brother? Nope. Find another attorney

He's an employee of the company she's a lawyer for. She's been EJ and Chad's lawyer.  Its in the best interest of Dimera to get Brady out of there and exonerated. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

He's an employee of the company she's a lawyer for. She's been EJ and Chad's lawyer.  Its in the best interest of Dimera to get Brady out of there and exonerated. 

Understood, but this case has nothing to do with the business. And I am sure there are several attorneys working for the company. Doesn’t have to be a half sibling, whom also knows and was intimate with Philip. It reeks  of unprofessionalism.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

This! I have not one bit of sympathy for this girl. As an adoptee, I WISH I had a clue of anything about my birth parents, and if I found that my Aunt was my real mom, and the reasons behind it, I’d be grateful. 
Give me a break, her life was a one huge lie. At least she has bio AND adoptive family. She is a bitch and her behavior is childish and petty, considering what others go through. She should be looking at this as being saved, rather than “abused” because her family wanted the best for her. This girl lucked out.

Lani and Abe had a good talk and she has him as a father. That won’t change, he won’t abandon her.

However, Lani (and Abe, for that matter) were being lied to first by Big Mama and Paulina’s sister. It wasn’t Paulina plan to do this. She made the right decision in wanting to protect her baby girl from an abusive  man, but she wasn’t the one to pick Abe as her dad. And, good lord, I think Paulina was forced into that lie. She wanted to come clean, especially after her big scam with Horton square.

I understand Lani’s hurt, but Paulina is not the only one that played in that scheme. I get she needs some time to process. She also needs to forgive Paulina’s sister and her grandmother. For me, they did more harm than Paulina. 

Going to Paulina’s home, ripping up the card and telling her she’ll donate the flowers to someone who cares  was harsh and unnecessary. She’d of been better off not doing anything. 
I also found her reaction to Chanel cold and dismissive. Seems to me she’s more upset Theo and Abe aren’t her bio relatives, which is ridiculous, because family is family, adoptive and biological.

Thank you for sharing that and for your prospective as an adoptee.  I have a friend who was adopted and was looking for/found her birth family. She just wanted to know them; she didn't harbor any resentment towards them or her adoptive family (unlike Lani).  I hope someday you get that opportunity too.

And I agree, Big Mama and Tamara did more of the harm and have taken little of the blame. I didn't even think Big Mama showed much remorse.  Whereas we've been shown that Paulina is hurting and feels badly. I feel sorry for her as she clearly loves Lani very much and had a hard decision decades ago, but it did keep her child safe and so she was able to still have her in her life. 

11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She's not resentful or offended about being saved from abuse. After the reveal, Lani (and Abe as well) expressed sympathy for what Paulina went through and that they understand the initial decision. The problem is not the lying back then, it's the continued lie now that Lani is an adult. If Paulina had just come clean, even when she first came to town, I think Lani might not have felt quite as betrayed. But, instead Paulina squandered chance after chance to tell the truth, even after Lani gave her an opening after forgiving her for the Priceline disaster. But Paulina might have taken that secret to her grave if the literal devil hadn't 

stepped in. Paulina was dragging her own daughter under the bus even has her lie was being exposed. She doesn't get to just paper over that lie by saying "Well, I was abused, so I lied your whole life and planned to continue lying until I was busted. Here's an edible arrangement. Bygones?" And, seriously, I know the flowers were less tacky than an edible arrangement, but who the hell sends flowers to apologize for a life-altering decades spanning lie. This is not something that happened months ago, or years ago, and Lani still just can't get over it. This happened only weeks ago Salem time. Maybe instead of being "me, me, me" and trying to force a reconciliation, Paulina should just respect Lani's wishes and give her some space. 

I actually thought her behavior today was fairly mature. She didn't bring the lame flowers and dump them at Paulina's feet, like I might have been tempted to do. Instead she was going to give them to a hospital. She and Chanel had a nice moment where she accepted Chanel's apology and welcomed their new relationship.

She sure acts ungrateful and childish to me.  It's one thing to say "I need time to process this. I know we need to talk but I'm not ready yet." It's another to rip up the card in front of her and announce she was giving away the flowers. A mature person doesn't resort to those theatrics. Her biological mother sent her flowers as a nice gesture. She didn't put a horse's head in her bed.

And Paulina did want to tell her, but Big Mana insisted she didn't. She was the one holding Paulina to their story, and Paulina was stuck going along with Tammy's addition that Abe was the father. 

Belle who slams Sami for loving/marrying a Dimera, but has no problem working for one. Since the Dimeras have a history of bribing judges, wouldn't it hurt Belle's reputation/integrity as an attorney to be employed by them???

True, but now Philip knows about Lucas, sooooo, lol. What will they do?!?!?!? 

I thought about that too since Philip was the one who "leaked" the letter. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

As far as Philip.. not defending his actions, but he didn’t take Brady’s sobriety..Brady hasn’t been sober in his head for a long time. He’s not working the program, he’s too busy screwing around.

I don't really think that's true at all, and that's not really how it works.  Brady may need therapy for whatever is going on in his head, but he has shown lately that he takes his sobriety seriously and has been working on it.  He wouldn't have NOT drank the drink he ordered in the bar, and he wouldn't have called Maggie for help.  He also wouldn't have agreed to go to a meeting with her.  Sure, he ordered the drink in the first place in a moment of weakness, but he didn't give in to it.  If he was just screwing around, he'd have fallen off the wagon long, long ago all on his own.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

48 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Understood, but this case has nothing to do with the business. And I am sure there are several attorneys working for the company. Doesn’t have to be a half sibling, whom also knows and was intimate with Philip. It reeks  of unprofessionalism.

Just like you said, it has nothing to do with the business - so actually, she can represent whomever she wants.  Family members represent family members (or friends) all the time.  The rule is that you can't start a personal relationship AFTER the professional representation begins; if you already have the relationship prior to representation, it's fine.  (This rule is usually reserved for attorneys who are sleeping with their clients, and this rule is often broken, but for once they are mostly good here.)  

What the attorneys do in Salem all the time, however, is represent clients outside of their primary employment.  If either Justin or Belle are in-house legal counsel in the general counsels' offices of their respective businesses, then they should not be representing ANY clients other than that one company.  If they are solo practitioners with independent malpractice insurance who just happen to have those companies on retainer as their biggest clients, then they are fine.  We don't know how they actually practice here.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Belle who slams Sami for loving/marrying a Dimera, but has no problem working for one. Since the Dimeras have a history of bribing judges, wouldn't it hurt Belle's reputation/integrity as an attorney to be employed by them???

I like Belle but she pissed me off in her interaction with Sami.  She doesn't like her, has every right to, but basically blowing off that she'd been kidnapped for three months doesn't fit with the person she otherwise tries to be.  Dissing Sami's marital issues, framing them as "selfish" or insignificant is just plain mean, since Sami didn't try to diminish the other crap going on in Salem, not at all.  People can be concerned about more than one thing at a time and Belle's got no business setting herself up as the judge and jury of compassion.

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't really think that's true at all, and that's not really how it works.  Brady may need therapy for whatever is going on in his head, but he has shown lately that he takes his sobriety seriously and has been working on it.  He wouldn't have NOT drank the drink he ordered in the bar, and he wouldn't have called Maggie for help.  He also wouldn't have agreed to go to a meeting with her.  Sure, he ordered the drink in the first place in a moment of weakness, but he didn't give in to it.  If he was just screwing around, he'd have fallen off the wagon long, long ago all on his own.

I think Brady is the definition of a dry drunk.  He adheres to the not drinking portion of the 12 step program but he sure sucks at his self-inventory or taking responsibility.  His - and Chloe's - insistence that they NEVER cheated on Philip is based narrowly on them never having had sex.  They both been flirting with emotional infidelity for quite some time, Brady more than Chloe.  Even that bit when they met at the Pub and he did that "Casablanca" reference was flirting, at least by him.  Nothing justifies the action Philip took, but Brady's been doing with Chloe, and with the Philip, the adult version of "I'm not touching you". 

There's more to the program than just not taking a drink and Brady's been down that road often enough to know it.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, boes said:

I think Brady is the definition of a dry drunk.  He adheres to the not drinking portion of the 12 step program but he sure sucks at his self-inventory or taking responsibility.  His - and Chloe's - insistence that they NEVER cheated on Philip is based narrowly on them never having had sex.  They both been flirting with emotional infidelity for quite some time, Brady more than Chloe.  Even that bit when they met at the Pub and he did that "Casablanca" reference was flirting, at least by him.  Nothing justifies the action Philip took, but Brady's been doing with Chloe, and with the Philip, the adult version of "I'm not touching you". 

There's more to the program than just not taking a drink and Brady's been down that road often enough to know it.

He's also been perfectly honest with her and himself; it's not like she doesn't know that he likes her.  They work together.  They are allowed to talk to each other.  And if he flirts with her, so be it.  That doesn't mean he's "dry drunk," that means he likes a woman.  People have flirty relationships all the time...

He didn't, you know, assault someone, inject alcohol straight into someone's bloodstream, and fake his own death...  Brady looks like the sane (and sober) one here to me.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

He's also been perfectly honest with her and himself; it's not like she doesn't know that he likes her.  They work together.  They are allowed to talk to each other.  And if he flirts with her, so be it.  That doesn't mean he's "dry drunk," that means he likes a woman.  People have flirty relationships all the time...

He didn't, you know, assault someone, inject alcohol straight into someone's bloodstream, and fake his own death...  Brady looks like the sane (and sober) one here to me.

I respectfully disagree.  I don't think he's been honest at all.   He's not drinking, for sure.  But I also very much doubt he'd honestly describe the behavior he's engaging in with Chloe at a meeting or to a real sponsor (not Maggie) and not be called on it.  He is crossing a line, one even Chloe has begged him to stop doing, though she seems to have given in to it.  Brady's heading headfirst towards 50 and still hell bent on getting his own way.

I don't think that flirting with your family member's significant other is acceptable behavior and I don't think Brady does either, or he wouldn't keep denying doing what we all see right  in front of our eyes.  The guy has problems - hence being unable to be alone for any length of time - and bears some responsibility for his actions.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, boes said:

I don't think that flirting with your family member's significant other is acceptable behavior...

Sorry, but everyone is related in Salem.  I don't think that's a fair criterion to judge any of these characters.  Plus, there is no love lost between... what are they, uncle and nephew?  They aren't close; they've always been rivals.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

EJ and Sami boo!

I had to laugh at Johnny’s big speech about spending Christmas with his wife then going upstairs to his bedroom In his dads house 

Uh oh Shaun Douglas is in danger    

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I had to laugh at Johnny’s big speech about spending Christmas with his wife then going upstairs to his bedroom In his dads house   

That was funny, wasn't it.  😀

Glad Philip is going to get help.  Hope that doesn't mean JKJ is gone for good, again, though.

You guys who suspected Lucas was the kidnapper were right. Not sure what I think about that, however, did enjoy the brothers bonding over their crazy schemes. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

It doesn't matter who lied first. Big Mama didn't even know Abe. She wasn't lying to him. That was Tamara. And Tamara absolutely deserves just as much anger as Paulina. Both Abe and Lani expressed that they are angry with Tamra as well. Problem is, Tamra's not a contract player and Paulina is, so of course she's going to get the bulk of anger on-screen. 

It's not harsh and unnecessary. She's been telling Paulina to back off for some time and Paulina refuses to listen.  And, my read on her scene with Chanel was anything but cold or dismissive so we'll just have to agree to disagree there.

13 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Sobriety ALWAYS comes first when in recovery. Before business, love, etc. 

while Philip needs some serious therapy, Brady needs a stint in a long term rehab to deal with all his crap

Phillip did take his sobriety. It doesn't matter that Brady was thinking about taking a drink earlier. The point is he didn't drink. Phillip drugged him. That's taking his sobriety.

5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

She sure acts ungrateful and childish to me.  It's one thing to say "I need time to process this. I know we need to talk but I'm not ready yet." It's another to rip up the card in front of her and announce she was giving away the flowers. A mature person doesn't resort to those theatrics. Her biological mother sent her flowers as a nice gesture. She didn't put a horse's head in her bed.

And Paulina did want to tell her, but Big Mana insisted she didn't. She was the one holding Paulina to their story, and Paulina was stuck going along with Tammy's addition that Abe was the father. 

So, apparently Paulina isn't a grown woman and is 100% blameless here. IMO flowers for such a gargantuan lie is a lame gesture, not a nice one. It doesn't matter if it was a horse's head or not. Lani told her to leave her alone and she should have respected her wishes. Paulina has lied to her and she needs time to process. Instead of giving it to her, she keeps pressing her with lame flower arrangements. Lani's tried to ignore her, but since she wasn't listening saying it to her face was necessary. And, I'm sorry the whole "her mom forced her not to say anything" doesn't fly with me. Paulina is, what, close to 60 years old? She is responsible for her own choices. IMO you can't praise her for doing the right thing in protecting Lani from her abuser and then turn around and put the blame for the lie solely on Tamra and her mother's shoulders. Paulina was not tied up in chains and forced into the situation. She chose (for good reasons) to give her daughter to her sister. Then when Lani was an adult she chose to keep up that lie. It doesn't matter that her mother told her not to tell Lani the truth. Her mother was in town for like two seconds. There was nothing stopping Paulina from telling the truth after her mother left (or even while she was still there.) And she was not stuck with the Abe lie. Again, Paulina here had choices. She CHOSE to get involved with Abe knowing the huge lie. She CHOSE to continue to lie to him and agree to marry him under false pretenses. If the devil hadn't stepped in, she would have CHOSEN to marry Abe even knowing the lie she was telling. No matter how well-intentioned her original lie was all those years ago, Paulina is an adult who has to own the choices she made.

• Love 3

I love the Johnny actor. He just has something special imo. Those scenes were so fun. Paulina and Sami's faces were cracking me up. Chanel's too actually. And I'm also just really into EJ. But then Sami/EJ ruined all of it lol. They simply don't work together at all imo.

Absolutely loved the Phillip/Lucas scenes. Just a couple of crazies going too far for women they really ought to get the fuck over already lol. I hope Phillip isn't gone for good. He can come back and get the Ben-style 'Now that you were treated for an unnamed mental illness all the bad stuff you did before actually makes you a hero!' treatment.

Jan and MarDevil are a riot. Not super interested in Jan as Belle fucking Shawn though. Ron, please, I'm begging you, seek help with your rape issue.

• Love 13

I actually thought Johnny/Chanel were the best part of today's show especially when Johnny talked to his parents about how "With you two as role models its a surprise I even wanted to get married" or something to that effect. I thought that was hilarious and accurate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sorry, but everyone is related in Salem.  I don't think that's a fair criterion to judge any of these characters.  Plus, there is no love lost between... what are they, uncle and nephew?  They aren't close; they've always been rivals.

LOL.  Our mileage varies in this regard, that's for sure.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

How about a gender role reversal and Lani’s father kidnaps Eli and/or Abe to get to Lani, and Lani has to rescue him/them? Bonus points if Chanel helps, since Chanel’s voice is the most interesting one to me in the whole Lani parentage reveal. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I'm disappointed that there was nothing said about Sami and family not wanting Johnny to marry Chanel had no racial overtones.  Paulina at least should have mentioned it.

What are you disappointed about? That Sami and EJ didn't mention disliking that Johnny married a Black woman? Or that Paulina wasn't opposite Chanel married a white man? I'm not being snarky. I'm just not sure what exactly you're disappointed about.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Just like you said, it has nothing to do with the business - so actually, she can represent whomever she wants.  Family members represent family members (or friends) all the time.  The rule is that you can't start a personal relationship AFTER the professional representation begins; if you already have the relationship prior to representation, it's fine.  (This rule is usually reserved for attorneys who are sleeping with their clients, and this rule is often broken, but for once they are mostly good here.)  

What the attorneys do in Salem all the time, however, is represent clients outside of their primary employment.  If either Justin or Belle are in-house legal counsel in the general counsels' offices of their respective businesses, then they should not be representing ANY clients other than that one company.  If they are solo practitioners with independent malpractice insurance who just happen to have those companies on retainer as their biggest clients, then they are fine.  We don't know how they actually practice here.

Teeee heee, maybe Belle and Justin are "all purpose attorneys" just like Kayla is an all purpose doctor. 

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Jan and MarDevil are a riot. Not super interested in Jan as Belle fucking Shawn though. Ron, please, I'm begging you, seek help with your rape issue.

Yeah, this is rape!  But it seems like this show is OK with that thing...

• Love 3

Omg, the reason this Possession storyline is so silly is that we have all these characters running around all worried about Marlena becaue she is possessed by the devil and hearing them say that, all I can think is could any of these people think it is real. And I mean the people who were not around for the first possession and have not witnesses the Devil's cheap theatrics. I need someone to roll their eyes when people start talking about the devil and being possessed. The Salem PD is seriously looking for Marlena because she is possessed. That is just plain ridiculous.

Lucas' plan was stupid but I not surprised by it or self-serving reasons for it. I always thought him to be sniveling little weasel since year one when he first showed up and kept trying to get Sami to go a diet so that she could become attractive.

2 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

What are you disappointed about? That Sami and EJ didn't mention disliking that Johnny married a Black woman? Or that Paulina wasn't opposite Chanel married a white man? I'm not being snarky. I'm just not sure what exactly you're disappointed about.

EJ's beloved sister was Lexi. Sami is close with Abe. I don't think that would have ever been an issue with either one of them.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

That nobody questioned whether Paulina was upset that they got married because of race, or that nobody questioned EJ and Sami being upset because of race. Even if it wasn't true.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, RedElf said:

That nobody questioned whether Paulina was upset that they got married because of race, or that nobody questioned EJ and Sami being upset because of race. Even if it wasn't true.

I could see, maybe Paulina, jumping to that conclusion, but EJ pretty much stated right away what his issue was - with Chanel being a golddigger considering her marriage to Xander. I don't see either Sami, or even EJ, thinking Paulina was upset Johnny was white. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I could see, maybe Paulina, jumping to that conclusion, but EJ pretty much stated right away what his issue was - with Chanel being a golddigger considering her marriage to Xander. I don't see either Sami, or even EJ, thinking Paulina was upset Johnny was white. 

Agree! Also, Paulina had a problem with Chanel and Xander..because they were running a scam to get money from her. That’s the reason they got married. So if aLEJ knows this, that’s maybe  where his problem lies. Sami.. idc one bit

of course, I do think Chanel is infatuated with the fact that Johnny has money and, also a little vindictive about Ciara and her.

I don’t think it has anything to do with race

Edited by Chellfairy
Me/spelling
  • Love 5

EJs sister that he was close to was Lexie, nephew Theo. Race would not have been his issue, but money and no prenup? Totally what would be his issue.

So Johnny made a huge statement about his marriage, wife and going to spend Christmas Eve with her, but goes up the stairs in his father's house? I thought he'd leave the house at least.

Oh Shawn, so dumb. Belle was still in the station.

Lucas deserves jail if the people he hired are going. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

EJs sister that he was close to was Lexie, nephew Theo. Race would not have been his issue, but money and no prenup? Totally what would be his issue. 

Having and even loving your black (part white) family members in no way means that you aren't racist against black people who aren't your family.

That being said, I don't think EJ or Sami would have an issue with race either. Sami almost married Brandon, and EJ was romantically linked with Arianna (Rafe's sister) for a while.

I also would not want Ron to write such a story. Looking at his other "social issues" stories, and I'm quite certain it would be tone deaf, campy, offensive, and mostly boring and forgettable. 

• Love 7

Chanel comes across as an oppotunist and gold-digger, attracted by a guy who paid attention to her, and happens to come from a rich family. With that kind of money that he may inherit some day, he should have an iron-clad pre-nup. She married Xander thinking he was rich and hoped to scam her mom out of money to end the fake marriage. No idea if this one will work out. Don't think it's about race, at least not now. It may become a factor later on. As will Chanel's attraction to Allie. No idea if that is over since both have other partners now.

Both of them don't really know each other well, probably have never seen the other sick, or how they handle anger, hurt, disappointment. EJ will cut Johnny off? Good. Let him make his own way and see if Chanel sticks around. They really should have found a room at the Salem Inn for a few days and asked if they could stay in the mansion til they found their own home. Granted, the Salem occupancy rate must be pretty low so everyone stays at whatever space has an extra room.

How interesting that one of the guards at Sami's kidnapping place has been caught. Wonder if he will sell out Lucas. Bad idea, Lucas. Sami and other folks will find out. Secrets don't stay secret in Salem.

Mardevil's plan seems dumb. Shawn Douglas won't know his own wife or why she may be acting differently? If she went to see Trask to get the paperwork done, wouldn't someone have seen her? How could she get to the Salem Inn so fast? Is Mardevil going to hide in the bathroom? Under the bed? Turn herself into an insect and crawl out of the room?

Bye, Philip. I wonder if he will go to the Kiriakis jet and go to a mental health spa to get himself help or just disappear, putting everyone at risk.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It doesn't matter who lied first. Big Mama didn't even know Abe. She wasn't lying to him. That was Tamara. And Tamara absolutely deserves just as much anger as Paulina. Both Abe and Lani expressed that they are angry with Tamra as well. Problem is, Tamra's not a contract player and Paulina is, so of course she's going to get the bulk of anger on-screen. 

Phillip did take his sobriety. It doesn't matter that Brady was thinking about taking a drink earlier. The point is he didn't drink. Phillip drugged him. That's taking his sobriety.

So, apparently Paulina isn't a grown woman and is 100% blameless here. IMO flowers for such a gargantuan lie is a lame gesture, not a nice one. It doesn't matter if it was a horse's head or not. Lani told her to leave her alone and she should have respected her wishes. Paulina has lied to her and she needs time to process. Instead of giving it to her, she keeps pressing her with lame flower arrangements. Lani's tried to ignore her, but since she wasn't listening saying it to her face was necessary. And, I'm sorry the whole "her mom forced her not to say anything" doesn't fly with me. Paulina is, what, close to 60 years old? She is responsible for her own choices. IMO you can't praise her for doing the right thing in protecting Lani from her abuser and then turn around and put the blame for the lie solely on Tamra and her mother's shoulders. Paulina was not tied up in chains and forced into the situation. She chose (for good reasons) to give her daughter to her sister. Then when Lani was an adult she chose to keep up that lie. It doesn't matter that her mother told her not to tell Lani the truth. Her mother was in town for like two seconds. There was nothing stopping Paulina from telling the truth after her mother left (or even while she was still there.) And she was not stuck with the Abe lie. Again, Paulina here had choices. She CHOSE to get involved with Abe knowing the huge lie. She CHOSE to continue to lie to him and agree to marry him under false pretenses. If the devil hadn't stepped in, she would have CHOSEN to marry Abe even knowing the lie she was telling. No matter how well-intentioned her original lie was all those years ago, Paulina is an adult who has to own the choices she made.

Good points on the bolded. Except the Philip/ Brady part. 
yes , Philip’s scheme was so wrong. He didn’t take his sobriery from him. It was an asshole move , but as I said above, Brady isn’t doing his program! I am a recovering alcoholic for almost 20 years, and the things Brady is doing IS NOT on par with being in recovery. His “long term “ sobriety” doesn’t add up to all of his choices. I know this is a soap, and I don’t expect real world stuff here, but he’s ridiculously inept at decision making in his life.Especially after having some long term not drinking/drugging. I agree, reaching out to Maggie was a good move, after hours of feeling sorry for himself at the bar, but 1 meeting doesn’t cut it. The show has done a good job with Maggie’s sobriety, but she’s too close and not around enough to be Brady’s sponsor. On a side note, Brady hasn’t picked up, (yet), so no way did Philip take his sobriety away. We shall agree to disagree ( but aim right lol)

I don’t necessarily think Paulina is 100% blameless, but big mama shamed her into NOT telling the truth to Lani and Abe. There has to be accountability there! Also, there were many times she wanted to tell Abe. I believe she wanted to come clean, but felt it would hurt everyone involved. Abe and Paulina fell in love, wanted to get married. Abe knowing the lie, which didn’t come from her to begin with,  WAS JUST TOO MUCH , too soon. I think she thought maybe in the future, after being a family, may have been better. I do give her credit and praise for protecting  Lani from an abusive situation.

instead of Lani being unforgiving to her “Auntie”, maybe she should think of Tammy, who was the biggest liar, in this fiasco.
 Again, as an adoptee, I would not feel like my whole life was a lie. 

2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, RedElf said:

I'm disappointed that there was nothing said about Sami and family not wanting Johnny to marry Chanel had no racial overtones.  Paulina at least should have mentioned it.

Why? Not everything is about race! 

• Love 4

When the character of Paulina first came to Salem, she was ALL ABOUT race, which made several viewers, including me, unhappy. She lectured Julie, was super defensive and just made it seem that was all she cared about. SHE would be the one to mention Johnny's race, but I don't think any of the other family members would.

I also had another thought about the Paulina/Lani relationship. I changed my mind that Abe (or Eli) would be the ones to save the day once they decide to bring Lani's abusive father back -I think it will be Paulina who tries to save her and maybe ends up getting hurt or something. Then, Lani will feel guilty and there will be forgiveness and hugs all around. Actually, Paulina will end up in a coma in the hospital, and Lani will be by her side talking to her and that will bring her back. My speculation only (and probably anyone else who has ever watched a soap opera).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

When the character of Paulina first came to Salem, she was ALL ABOUT race, which made several viewers, including me, unhappy. She lectured Julie, was super defensive and just made it seem that was all she cared about. SHE would be the one to mention Johnny's race, but I don't think any of the other family members would.

If I remember correctly, wasn't she specifically talking about race regarding the Horton Town Square and the lack of people of color who own those businesses. That was a hot topic in the real world around that time, too. I assume that was Ron attempting to be topical.

Regarding Julie, wasn't she specifically discussing with Julie about Julie's racial microaggressions including attempting to touch her hair. Also, people on this board had long had issues with Julie's racial innuendo and subtle digs directed at Gabi long before Paulina ever became a character.

I don't remember Paulina mentioning Xander's race even before she discovered the scheme. She was concerned about the quickie marriage and whatever Abe told her regarding Xander's past.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I wonder if the marriage is even legal. Some countries have residency requirements or other paperwork to do. They will probably have to remarry in the United States.

Johnny lived there most of his life and Dimera own property. I'm guessing he can marry there.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I also had another thought about the Paulina/Lani relationship. I changed my mind that Abe (or Eli) would be the ones to save the day once they decide to bring Lani's abusive father back -I think it will be Paulina who tries to save her and maybe ends up getting hurt or something. Then, Lani will feel guilty and there will be forgiveness and hugs all around. Actually, Paulina will end up in a coma in the hospital, and Lani will be by her side talking to her and that will bring her back. My speculation only (and probably anyone else who has ever watched a soap opera).

Paulina in a coma?  Be still, my heart.

That would be a true Christmas miracle.

But then Julie would probably drop by for a visit and ruin the whole thing.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Sami should've slapped Johnny. I always find it funny when a child is demanding their parents treat them like an adult when they are currently acting like a moody, rebellious teenager. Also, Johnny said he isn't afraid of EJ cutting him off, then Johnny proceeds to go to his rent free room in EJ's house.

PW's Chanel felt and was written like a golddigger. RB's Chanel is written more impulsive and lost in love. In a lot of ways, she feels like a mini Sami. I buy her Chanel just being lost in love and naivety.

Unlike a lot of people here, I like Paulina. However, the director's really need to tell JH to tone Paulina down, or they need to tell other actors to ramp their characters up in Paulina's presence. Scenes usually revolve around Sami, but even AS/Sami was quite conservative in Paulina's presence. We got none of the usual Sami histrionics. Sami would bulldoze Johnny, Chanel, and Paulina, and instead we got a combination of weepy Sami with a pleading Sami. This is not the Sami I like. In general, I haven't liked Sami in her scenes with Allie or Johnny. The show is just not hitting the right sweet spot that they - inconsistently - hit with Sami/Will.

My speculation is that Philip will remain missing/presumed dead until Broe's wedding day. He will miraculously return from the dead right before the "I do's." Or, he'll do some type of I Know What You Did Last Summer stalking and emotional harassment of Chloe leading up to the wedding to play on her guilt in her role in his "death." Then to only return from the dead and Chloe will then try to make a relationship work out of her guilt and trying to "make up" for failing Philip.

I'm impatiently counting down the days until this possession story is over. If Mardevil is not physically attacking the characters I despise, it just is pointless.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Johnny lived there most of his life and Dimera own property. I'm guessing he can marry there.

It is actually easy to marry there. I looked it up. One of the couples in 90dayfiance got married in Turkey and there was a lot of paperwork before doing so.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

RB's Chanel is written more impulsive and lost in love. In a lot of ways, she feels like a mini Sami. 

She really does. That adds a nice touch to her relationships with Allie and Johnny. They’ve both fallen for their mother… and neither one of them has a clue, since they don’t remember Sami as a young woman.

• Love 8

I guess Jan is more interested in having sex with Shawn than actually having a relationship with him.

"I hate a sparse bottom."

If Ciara has light coming from her child, does it glow out her nether regions?

Why is Belle interrogating a suspect?  She has no authority at the jail.

Where are the cops who were supposedly protecting CiN from the Devil?

• LOL 3