Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think Eve has finally grown on me. A little. She seems like she can handle some good material. Too bad she isn't given any.

I agree, the sex scenes with Abigail and Ben are odd. Something is just wrong with Ben. I liked him at first but he is just not working out at all.

• Love 2

Theresa girl that dress is a little inappropriate for work.

AbiFail quit being fucking nosy you twit. JJ doesn't have to tell you everything, she didn't like him prying too much in her relationship with BOllie but she can delve into his relationship with Lima Bean and doesn't want him telling Judgy Jenn but she wants JJ to tell Judgy Jenn about him and Paige. Damn this bitch has double standards. I couldn't even enjoy watching JJ cause he was a scene with a scene hog. So I wasn't paying attention to what she babbling on about her father.

I guess Dingy Hippie didn't make Judgy Jenn squeal hard enough if she's squealing at the fact that AbiFail and her are working together again. I knew she was all talk about quitting the hospital to work for another company. I can't imagine her working for a corporate office because she's too damn silly and dramatic for the corporate world to take her seriously. Great her raggedy ass is back. Tell her Eve so her head can fall off.

Chad don't ever yell at T again, it doesn't win you points with me. EVER!! He lost some with me today.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

Why is Theresa so snippy that Anne calls her up and tells her to get her butt in to work? That's two days in a row. If my supervisor had to call me up to tell me I was late to work and then I was all snotty when I got there I wouldn't have a job past the first time it happened.

She's just behaving the same way she behaved when Jennifer was trying to get her to come to work.  At all, let alone on time.

• Love 1

I'm so scared JJ and Eve might wind up doing it again. Their faces get so close together I don't have  a good feeling

I'd be very surprised if they didn't go there again, especially given the interview given by KDP and CM (link can be found in Spoilers section).

• Love 2

When Bollie said Abigail was a "sheet hog," I thought he said "she dog," which was much more appropriate.

I was worried Brady's brain might break from thinking about how it made NO sense for someone to lie and then demand a public pregnancy test. I wonder how they are going to suss this out without crazy pants Kristin in town.

I hate the new guy--all the flirting was repulsive, especially while he ignored the only person actually helping him, Maxine. I wish she secretly understood Japanese, but I really don't care about him at all.

When Nicole laughed at Dan hitting the ground, I about busted a gut!

Edited by copshop
  • Love 3

I think Eve has finally grown on me. A little. She seems like she can handle some good material. Too bad she isn't given any.

I agree, the sex scenes with Abigail and Ben are odd. Something is just wrong with Ben. I liked him at first but he is just not working out at all.

That's the sad thing. KDP really is a very good actress; she's especially talented at bringing real emotions to a scene. TIIC just aren't giving her much to work with (not that she's alone in having that problem considering the writers.)

And, yes, there is something incredibly disturbing - even when measured against your average daytime love scene - about Ben and Abby's. I can't even identify it exactly; it's just...wrong, somehow.

• Love 3

Can we make it a regular thing that Jennifer only appears during the last second of the show?

I'm thinking that today was pretty much a filler episode, nothing really happened, and then it occurred to me that this is a really flat so-called Sweeps month.  There are no major story lines ending, or no ones starting, nothing is happening.  Not like the major drama going on on GH this month.

• Love 3

She's just behaving the same way she behaved when Jennifer was trying to get her to come to work.  At all, let alone on time.

I really miss when soap characters had actual jobs that they actually went to, not least because it gave the writers significantly more plot options. Oh, the good old days of corporate intrigue, office politics, and a good old-fashioned takeover.

• Love 3

Can we make it a regular thing that Jennifer only appears during the last second of the show?

That was actually enjoyable.  JJ needs to stop opening the door for Eve.

STFU Hope.  Your so called cop skills, not to mention parenting skills, failed.  What useless scenes today.  Getting all pissy over Aiden and it doesn't occur to her Chase did it?  Check out the desktop, Hopeless.  It's probably full of video game icons.

I missed exactly what T overheard other than Chad will deal with it later.  What does he know? 

AbiFail quit being fucking nosy you twit. JJ doesn't have to tell you everything, she didn't like him prying too much in her relationship with BOllie but she can delve into his relationship with Lima Bean and doesn't want him telling Judgy Jenn but she wants JJ to tell Judgy Jenn about him and Paige. Damn this bitch has double standards.

Good for JJ not falling for it.  I'm liking Lima Bean less and less for obsessing about this.  She's also entered teenage Chloe territory where she ... speaks ... very ... slowly...  Paige and Eve don't look remotely related.  Daphne is right, her mom's not all there.  She needs to stop singing her lines too, and take it down a couple of notches.  I'm not feeling the sister love at all either.  Theresa stops by because she really needs Eve.  Eve's response is "ok I'll pretend to be the caring sister now" then marches over to have that baffling encounter with Brady.  Theresa cared about the surgery but all Eve did was criticize Theresa. 

Theresa has so much on Anne, she won't be fired.

• Love 1

Ahhhh, another lovely day in Loony Land - the place where close relations, children and parents and siblings are INTENSELY interested in all the details of each other's sex lives.  I guess nothing says Family in Salem quite as much as a blow by blow of....a blow by blow.....

It all started out with JJ saying to Abigail, "Don't Play Dumb".  Does JJ seriously think she's PLAYING at that?  Well, if she is, our Little Miss Priss should start Playing Dumb on the Pro Circuit because she is the undisputed CHAMP.  That's saying something, too, when you've got Brady playing Pro in that field too.  And just look at all the rookies in training we saw today as well!

Grandma Laura must be thrilled to have finally gotten Jenn away from her bedside.  After Abigail told Maggie that Jenn literally SQUEALED like a stuck pig when she heard Abigail was back feeding from the family trough I can only imagine she deserted her mother's sick bed and went rooting in the woods for truffles.  Some folks would have people like Mother Theresa, or Eleanor Roosevelt as heroes - Jenn obviously looks up to Miss Piggy.

Now who here was surprised to hear that literally EVERYONE in Salem and beyond is speculating on how Abigail got her job back!  Forget people's personal concerns, forget world affairs, forget everything else, because according to Jar Jar, EVERYONE is speculating on why Chad got her job back for her.  EVERY.ONE.  Count 'em.  Everyone.  And of course Maggie, after giving her the family Eye of Newt Soup recipe agreed with her.  

All that hair spray must have permanently damaged poor Mags brain cells.  I do have to give Abigail credit though, for finally admitting to hearing that "small voice" in her head.  Apparently, that small voice is always talking to her, telling her what to watch out for and probably giving her advice on things like what men to jump and when to replace the batteries in her "neck massager" - stuff like that.

I'm just hoping that the "small voice" in her head tells her to go jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge or whatever high structure is closest.  I bet she'd bounce - and if not, well, thems the breaks.  

Eve. Eve. Eve.....If ever a woman needed a hobby - or a "neck massager" -  it would be her.  And she better lay off JJ - and I mean that literally.  Poor boy is one of the few good things on offer in this Town That Genetics Forgot.  I do love me some KdP but I'm not loving me some Eve.  Now if she were to sexually torture Eric, say, that would be fun.  And easy.  We all know that Eric would be on the verge of a nervous breakdown if Eve made him look at so much skin as a woman's naked ankle.  Anything else and he'd squeal as loud as Jenn.  Or she could go after Brady.  God knows bagging him is like shooting fish in a barrel and probably just as scaly.  

But our JJ......Eve needs to stay away, Paige needs to swallow her hair and Daphne needs to knock 'em both to the side and get a shot in. 

Was there a point to the whole Hope/Aiden thing today, because if so I didn't see it.  It's always nice to see Caroline, but couldn't they have done more with her being on screen than that??  Today's show seemed like the writing staff just sighed a collective "What's the effing point", packed up and went home and let the janitorial staff finish writing the episode.  

Tomorrow is another day.   Oh shit, I just remembered, Polly Pureheart is home.  When she finds out what JJ and Eve did, it's going to sound like Hog Calling Competition at the County Fair.  There will be pork in the treetops come Thanksgiving.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

I did like that Hope confronted Aiden about the tablet search and let him explain, instead of it becoming some big thing about her thinking he's just after her money. Which he might be, but I hope not.

• Love 1

Ben seems to sort of  have a Boston accent (partially). It's weird that he was cast as a Southerner.

Abigail doesn't seem to do much of anything, which is sort of weird considering how often she's on. Mostly she just talks about herself and stands around. Yet even doing only that she's still annoying.  She's not crazy like Kristen  but somehow she manages to incite the same level of annoyance.

Robert Scott Wilson is from the Boston area and I've always thought that's why his mouth/lips are always pursed so funny. He is trying his hardest to have a Midwest accent (meaning none) and it just comes off looking like he just ate a lemon. He never had to talk when he was the male model on The Price Is Right. I never saw him "act" on the Internet episodes of All My Children.

Here is a video of his last day on TPIR. They let him describe one of the Showcase's. No pursing of the lips. 

He seems kind of doofus-like in the Price of Right video -- although I guess I have a built-in bias against male models, unless one of them manages to show some sparkle of personality that will change my mind about judging a book by its cover. I thought maybe it was just the writing of Days making him seem like a himbo but he doesn't come off much better as himself. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I'm a little late to comment on these two things, but they are still bothering me even days later.

1. If we are to believe that Dan is a football playing manly-man who wouldn't dream of doing yoga, why on earth do they style him with those mala beads? I mean he is *always* wearing that bracelet. Who else wears mala beads, at least in the US? Yoga chicks. Yoga chicks and Dr. Dan. But Dan has never even tried yoga and can't even be a good sport about it when he does, according to the show (although I did think Nicole's adjustments on him were a bit drastic). Dr. Dan is a manly football player! I guess they think that bracelet fits in with his hippie surfer aesthetic, but seriously my eyebrows shot up on that one.

2. Sometimes I think the writers on this show are mean-spirited. Two examples: they finally have Brady act somewhat human towards Theresa, only for the purpose of making it worse when the pregnancy test comes back negative. Another one is that Paige has been seriously annoying for a long time now, but they finally have her be happy and hopeful and likeable again (like when she was talking to Daphne about getting through things with JJ) -- just so it can be extra super awful when she finds out about Eve and JJ. And you know something must be far wrong with Aiden if they're letting Hope get so excited about him. :(

• Love 1

BOllie also had a non speaking part on Desperate Housewives. I guess casting directors just don't like his acting skills, except Corday (which isn't saying a lot lol)

The lip pursing that BOllie does is annoying it's just the same thing that Daniel Goddard does on Y&R. I don't know if people with accents tend to purse their lips when speaking to try and hide it cause Josh Bowman on the show Revenge does it at times to, to hide his British accent but doesn't do a good job at it at times.

I never saw him [Robert Scott Wilson] "act" on the Internet episodes of All My Children.

I haven't seen really any of him on "Days of our Lives", but for what it's worth, I thought he was pretty good on "All My Children".  Not, like, award-winning or anything and his character was stuck in a terrible pairing (which I'd blame on smurfy writing), but good.

• Love 1

Ben and Abigail are sort of plastic. They're attractive, but plastic, which promptly detracts from their attractiveness. I think that's what I notice during their love scenes -- the plastic-ness?

I thought Abigail seemed less plastic when she first started on the show though. I mean, I didn't really like her even in the beginning, but she didn't seem like a weird contorted Barbie then.  The wardrobe and make-up people seemed to have messed with whatever made her seem initially human.

Ben seems to have been a living doll even when he was on The Price is Right though. Nice enough, but doll-like. Maybe he needs some scruff (i.e facial hair) or SOMETHING. Right now, he seems like he exfoliates way more than I do. I suppose I could get tips from him on how to do my eyebrows.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I liked Rob on Price and AMC. Jordan Lane Price was Charity Rahmer levels though. He had much more chemistry with Brooke Newton. This role is not right for him because it requires him to be threatening but still sympathetic, which is a plain out weird writing choice that anyone would have difficulty with, but still. He works best as pleasant and inviting (say what you will about Mike Richards, he's not dumb).

• Love 1

Geez Sneasel you can't pick up a phone and call or text your sexy husband even if it's for two minutes. He couldn't text or call Sonny like a few minutes before he goes to bed or gets up in the morning. What a loser. Cut your losses Sonny. Why are people drilling in Sonny's head that Sneasel is up to no good, that doesn't do Sonny wonders. Can these people support Sonny.

Is it me or do I find it odd to be talking to your friend about your mom's sex life. Ewww. Lima Bean nobody is judging Eve because she's pretty and whatnot. They judge her because she acts like a teenager. When has Lima Bean heard someone judge Eve on her looks? If that's the case then Theresa should be judged all damn day and AbiFail too (not in a judging way but more of WTF is that??) I see why Lima Bean doesn't have any friends, she talks them all kinds of crazy at times. Lima Bean and JJ's relationship is just lame. Lima Bean sounds like a nut with "JJ and I are gonna be together" ***STALKER ALERT, STALKER ALERT***

Eve...get a damn hobby. Sick how obsessive she is over her daughter's love life.

Dingy, did you really need to tell Meddling Maggot that you're visiting Judgy Jenn. Damn do you tell when you take a shit too? When is Meddling Maggot not about to shed a tear. Damn she's so wishy washy. Dingy and Nicole are just lame.

Speaking of that bitch, telling Eve she'll be sorry that she was born. No Jenn I'm sorry that you're born. Hortons just think they can just go around threatening and hitting people. She acts like her children are so fragile, STFU Judgy Jenn. So sick of her judgmental behavior, I just want to yank that ponytail out of her head. Didn't JJ tell your silly ass that he didn't want you involved, so sit your bland toast ass down somewhere.

Eric gets a new set, cool for him but he might wanna spray some Windex on that window, dirty as all hell.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

I haven't seen really any of him on "Days of our Lives", but for what it's worth, I thought he was pretty good on "All My Children".  Not, like, award-winning or anything and his character was stuck in a terrible pairing (which I'd blame on smurfy writing), but good.

I agree.  He was pretty stiff when he started out but he improved quickly.  I think that working with Jill Larson so closely helped him.  From what we heard, she took him under her wing.  Maybe his acting is better when he's acting with better performers.  KM may not bring out the best in him.  (For sure her character doesn't bring out the best in me).

Yeah, OK, things I'm about eleventy billion percent done with on this show:

- Jenn. Please. 'You're going to regret the day you were born' because you might have messed up my baby's love life?!? What? Wow, those two weeks without Jenn were glorious. Let's have a repeat of that, only continuously. Is anyone supposed to like her? Because wow.

- Dan and Nicole are already tedious, and their relationship hasn't even started yet. The show has used basically every set up from every single romantic comedy in the history of film and television. I mean, if they just HAD to have these two together because they're together in real life (which is the lamest reason to do anything), could they not have at least thought up an actual story that had something to do with these two particular characters? I guess that's asking too much.

- Paige. Please, see if Stanford can take you for the spring semester. I actually really liked her when she first came on; she seemed smart, genuinely nice, and with her head screwed on straight. Now, she's become the second coming of Jenn, which I really could do without. Girlfriend, 'JJ and I are going to be together forEVAH (even though he told me to leave him alone)' sits much better with a lovesick 15-year old. Can we trade Paige for Jill?

- Paige and JJ's relationship. I am begging you to stop, show. It's obvious show thinks this is their next 'supercouple.' Except, um, I think they don't know what a supercouple is; and you can't 'force' a supercouple on the audience. I imagine the audience is supposed to be rooting for them? But they're so awful; they're not fun; they pretty much never look happy; why would I want them together? Why do half a dozen forty year olds care so much if they're together? Why does Show think I care? Paige is annoying as all get out; and JJ can do a lot better.

- Please, show, please, can we have just a few scenes a week where Eve talks to people who can legally drink alcohol and does something other than obsess about her daughter's love life. I love me some KDP and show is ruining this for me.

• Love 1

I'm tired of all these freaks obsessing over their parents/kids sex life's. Get a Netflix subscription and STFU.

I'm also tired of the stupid ass Hortons going around town threatening and assaulting people and facing no repercussions. Jen is just a horrible hateful bitch and I wish someone would throw acid in her face.

STFU Marlena. What does Chad have to do with what your family has been through?

I'm surprised Dan and Nicole didn't start having sex right there in the park.

• Love 6

Doesn't Meddling Maggot have anything to do with her time besides telling Lima Bean about JJ's money clip. What business is it of Lima Bean's about JJ's money being in Dingy Hippie's jacket? This busybody needs to take up a hobby as well like knitting or stop over spraying her hair with whatever she's spraying it with.

• Love 3

Why is Hope rich?  Her father is a cruise ship singer.  Her mother is dead.  Her stepmother is ... Julie.

Addie was rich before Hope was born. Hope was raised as the "rich girl." After her mom died, Hope may be got it all?

• Love 1

Hope Williams Welch Brady has always been loaded.  It was a key point in her burgeoning romance with Bo Brady when Hope returned from boarding school in the 80s.  That was part of the dynamic the show highlighted.  Spoiled rich girl and tough reckless biker.  Bo teased her incessantly about it.  Her wealth has been alluded to throughout the years, although under some writing/production regimes, there were discussions that the Bo and Hope had dipped into/depleted that nestegg, first to buy a replacement Fancy Fance boat, to launch a P.I. firm, and to finance their short-lived career as bounty hunters.

Wikipedia:

On December 24, 1974, while crossing the street, an oncoming car careens towards Hope and Addie, but Addie pushes Hope's baby-carriage out of the way, just in time to save her baby daughter, but not herself. Addie dies, and Hope is taken in by her maternal grandparents, Tom and Alice Horton, until Doug is strong enough to take care of her. Addie, who was wealthy from her first marriage to Ben Olson, leaves Doug and Hope with financial security. Soon after Addie's death, Doug marries Hope's half-sister Julie Olson. Hope is sent off to boarding school and is not seen again until the 1980s.

• Love 1

So I've been watching sporatically for a few months now and have no idea what the current storylines are.   Is anything going on besides everyone trying to hook up with someone else, or talking about their own or someone else's hookup?  

I know soap operas are "love in the afternoon" but do we ever see anyone work?  Why can't the students actually go to class, instead of just talking about it, and maybe introduce a new student or professor that way?  Did I miss the baseball player's surgery? Or did it happen off screen? Maybe I just keep missing the days when something happens (I did miss EJ getting shot), but I just find I'm getting bored watching and losing interest fast.

It would be nice to have seen JJ & Paige in class and have a class set instead of BOllie's new apartment set. Blech. Paul's surgery happened off screen from what I've seen. You're not missing much of anything, cause they're no exciting storylines going on at all.

• Love 2

I've been a day behind in watching so I just go to Friday's episode a little while ago.  And all I can really say is that those two Jenn-free weeks went by FAR too quickly.  

She is such an unpleasant character, from the way she looks to the way she talks.  I know Show wants us to think that she is the major 'good" person in town, with, of course, Abigail being the second.  And Maggie, Hope, other and sundry being in the chorus but MAN she is impossible to like.  We all know that she's right to be suspicious of Eve, yep, we get it - but that doesn't make her contemptuous treatment of her any easier to take.  And that same treatment extends to anyone at all who doesn't live up to her Horton expectations - ditto for that mutant of a daughter of hers.  Trouble is, if THEY are what GOOD look, sounds, and smells like, I'll take BAD any day. 

What is with the soaps these past 10 years or so that they no longer either know how to, or care to, write a believably "good" character that doesn't immediately grate to such an extent that we end up rooting against them?  Snide, judgemental, self-satisfied types are not "good" - all they end up being is right most of the time.  And plenty of horrible people can be right and also loathsome at the same time.  

I vaguely enjoyed Eve and JJ's conversation but that was entirely due to me liking both performers.  I also mildly enjoyed Nicole, but that enjoyment was tempered by her having another date with PigPen. Maggie fluttered and heaved and wobbled and warbled her usual B.S. to one and all, as RoboMar stalked the hospital corridors looking for her oil can.  And finally we've got Grimace Sue acting well enough to use her Jordan name and she's leaving.  

And Melanie is back, looking good but a bit older.  Enjoy this introduction because she'll never be this quiet again.

• Love 6

Melanie looked good. I'm not sure how long that will last though. 

I guess if I have to choose between Melanie and Abigail for Chad's affections, I'll choose....Melanie?

There is no good answer because either way it will involve way too much Abigail. Either she'll be having weird sex with Chad because they are together or trying to get in his pants since he's in a relationship with Melanie.

Maybe grandma Laura will have a setback and Abigail will need to go tend to her. For the next 3 years or so.

• Love 3

Where has Melanie been? With Billie? I just remembered that I thought she was with Chad when she was off screen but I don't think he's mentioned that so I must be wrong. Or the writers forgot.

I thought she was with her mother, Carly, in Europe for a couple of years?

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 2

There is no good answer because either way it will involve way too much Abigail. Either she'll be having weird sex with Chad because they are together or trying to get in his pants since he's in a relationship with Melanie.

Maybe grandma Laura will have a setback and Abigail will need to go tend to her. For the next 3 years or so.

I'm amused by how you described the sex Abigail has as "weird." She does look weird doing it, doesn't she?

• Love 4