Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I hadn't watched several episodes after Sami left, but was in shock when I read that JJ and Eve actually did it. So I tuned into the episode where they had sex (eww).  I mean, I sort of thought the storyline was heading that way because of the stupid moaning music, but was still surprised the show went there. I don't know what to think -- yeah, it all seemed inappropriate, and I'm not sure JJ would have slept with her if she hadn't instigated the kiss. The weird thing is they both looked like they had the self-control to stop, but still went along with anyway. I expected Eve to at least come to her senses since she's the mother of JJ's girlfriend and I couldn't tell if JJ was really THAT attracted to Eve (as attracted to her as he is to Paige). Anyway, stupid people. I guess I'm used to seeing someone like Brooke do this on Bold and the Beautiful, but not anybody else's mamma.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
Fast forward to 2014, where she is kidnapping Daniel in this clip. Notice that she sounds like she is in need of medication at 1:55 all these years later when she tells Daniel that the room is soundproof.

Thoughts?

This comparison highlights the reasons why (or some of them) I never bought all the talk from Davidson and the showrunners about how great the writing is for Kristen. The character was meant to be self-serving and a little bit campy, I think, in her original run. In her previous appearances she had become a nasty, stupid caricature. "Crazy" hardly covered it. Even then, the writing for Kristen (and pretty much all the characters around her, enabling her destructive, easily avoidable tantrums) was senseless. Now? I can't watch her at all.

And I don't know what all y'all are talking about with Billy Flynn. The one scene I saw between him and James Scott was, well, kind of ridiculous. Lil' bitty Flynn trying to muscle in on Elvis's action as the Dimera scion? Pff. No. Even Deidrick gave Stupid Chad more charisma and more gravitas. 

So Paige gets this bottle of aspirin for Momma. Opens the box. Unscrews the cap and pours out the aspirin. What happened to the safety seal? The wad of cotton that's in every bottle??? Doesn't Salem remember the Tylenol killings?

• Love 2

What does really, really worry me is the possibility of a fake rape accusation. I have a really bad feeling, considering the bucket loads of anvils about Jack and whether JJ inherited his "rapist gene", that it's exactly what we are going to get. That is probably the misogynistic trope I hate the most; and it is the one thing that would likely make me turn the show off.

That's it exactly. There's been a tremendous amount of build-up and discussion over Jack's rapist history and whether or not JJ could somehow be a rapist because of his dad - which I won't even begin to talk about how ridiculous THAT is - and then we have Eve's bruises and now she has sex with JJ (right out of left field). So this being Days - the inevitable story is Paige finds out, Eve blames JJ for "forcing her" because of course she will and then we have a new rape story which is BEYOND GROSS. And Jennifer will not protect JJ, she ALWAYS thinks the worst of him - it's Abigail that can do no wrong.

I just wish JJ could get in a decent storyline - I like the kid and I think he wants to do well in life. Why can't he just hang out with Rory, go to school, and have some fun. Why does it have to be so heavy all the time?

• Love 5

The weird thing is they both looked like they had the self-control to stop, but still went along with anyway. 

I saw that too, several times, and was yelling at my TV for JJ to get a grip. That's when I knew it was going to be just awful. And icky. I should know better by now. 

• Love 1

I don't mind the embryo napping as a story. It's the kind of classic crazy-ass, evil Dimera stuff that they used to do. It's disgusting, but I sort of miss the over the top things..

I miss the OTT stuff, too.  Since the show runners seem to have an aversion for any kind of depth, I'm all for more crazy.  I find it more entertaining than some of the bland stuff they're doing now.  

• Love 3

Comparing those clips was interesting, jsm1125.  I wasn't watching Days back then so most of what I know of Kristen comes from her last return and this one.  She does seem more unhinged now than in that earlier clip, though no less vile. 

Was ED not as animated back then when she played Kristen?  Currently she does a lot of head waggling, body swaying, and smug lip pursing ... and sometimes it's very distracting.  Just wondering if maybe now that she's not having to play so many different characters, she's incorporated some of their mannerisms into this one character to really ramp up the crazy?  IDK.

ETA:

This has to be a big reason soaps have become so crappy.  Producers and head writers utterly destroy one soap and then get hired at another ... and it's gone on for years.  I don't get it at all.  It must be one big incestuous industry that isn't doing anything to cultivate new talent that might want to write about something other than rape, gangsters, back-from-dead ridiculousness, etc. 

Eileen is definitely playing Kristen more animated than she did 20 years ago.  I think that has to do with the fact that Eileen was playing a total of 5 different characters back then with Kristen being the most "normal" on the surface so at least in the beginning of Kristen's mental breakdown she was a lot more calculated and not as expressive.  It really wasn't until the end when she was exposed and decided to go for broke.  

• Love 2

I miss the OTT stuff, too.  Since the show runners seem to have an aversion for any kind of depth, I'm all for more crazy.  I find it more entertaining than some of the bland stuff they're doing now.  

I love it when soaps are insane crazy and play with science - Ice Princess anyone? I don't really care that Kristen is stealing Theresa's embryo because why not? I don't want Theresa to have a baby. Especially not Brady's baby. That's like having a baby with Satan. And of course Kristen is the appropriate mother for Satan's baby.

• Love 3

But the crazy was about couples going on adventures together so they lasted longer than one date.  That's why we loved Kayla and Patch, Jen and Jack, Bo and Hope, Eug and Calliope.  They got into mysteries and worked together.  The writing involving constantly breaking up couples because "happiness is boring" is really stupid.  Give them something to do.  JJ and Paige could have been working on some kind of college research that would play into something down the line. Paige is such a dweeb it didn't occur to her there would be a Halloween party somewhere?

Yikes, Paige dealing with Mom's hookups and doling out aspirin.  No wonder she wants to be a doctor.  Wasn't it Theresa who told her she is her mom's caretaker?  I cheered when Eve couldn't get the surgery.  I was dreading her nightclub gigs or maybe at TBD.  But we still have the moaning music to hold onto.  Someone posted a while back that Corday's real passion was composing the Days music, and I just noticed yesterday he has a credit at the end. 

Once again, stop the creepy Dimera doctors.  They've ruined the whole Dimera franchise for me.  I'm sorry JM  was too old to do anything other than come in one day and record phone call scenes and not interact with the family because he would have been great confronting Sami and EJ.  He is a wonderful legacy but it's time for a real tragic death, and let him retire. Then I guess the Dimera mansion has to burn to the ground because as wonderful as Chad is, I don't think he's ready to take this on unless he wants to take Kate as a partner.  That would be fantastic. 

And Jennifer will not protect JJ, she ALWAYS thinks the worst of him - it's Abigail that can do no wrong.

That's for sure.  And it will piss me off to no end when she gives JJ the talk she should have given
AbiFail.  With all the holes in the Ejabby story one I can't resolve is the lack of a sit down on Alice's sofa to ask what the hell she was thinking. And to remind her of Austin.  (Oops, I guess we're supposed to forget that because she's a good girl.)  At least that, even if she patted her pet spaniel on her long haired head and said there, there.  So what if you ****** an engaged mafioso who was once the ® mayor of Salem 20 years older than you.  No discussion at all.  JJ?  He will be reminded that he SMOKED POT! AND DRANK A BEER!  OMG. 

I'm fully on board with the fact bad soap writers have been passed around and around. 

• Love 7

I love it when soaps are insane crazy and play with science - Ice Princess anyone? I don't really care that Kristen is stealing Theresa's embryo because why not? I don't want Theresa to have a baby. Especially not Brady's baby. That's like having a baby with Satan. And of course Kristen is the appropriate mother for Satan's baby.

I have mixed feelings about it.  I was looking forward to Theresa having a baby because I thought it would give TPTB an opportunity to give her another "layer."  I love Theresa but she's pretty much one-note most of the time.  Since this is just a soap, I'll go ahead and say that I would love for Kristen to finally have a child.  I've always had a soft spot for her, and I'm happy that her dream is being realized, though in a sick and twisted way.  It's just that Kristin will be off-screen and all we're probably going to get from Theresa is pouting and the stomping of her little feet.   

I think I would be less willing to overlook the horrifying aspects of what's going on with Theresa if she had expressed an interest in having a child rather than seeing it as a way to hook Brady. (Yes, I'm totally able to turn off my conscience when I watch this show. It kinda scares me how easy it is...) And yeah, the inevitable Brady sneering and Theresa groveling is not something I'm looking forward to, but I do hope that it gives Theresa a meaty story and she evolves as a character. I'd love it if she was able to piece it all together (I assume the Dimera doctors will give her some mind erasing drug or whatever) and enlists Daddy and his ISA connections to track down Kristen and the baby.

• Love 6

JJ didn't have sex with Eve, he had sex with a raccoon. The running of her eye makeup made it look like she should be in a tree eating an apple.

Rocket Raccoon has crossed over into Days? Did he bring any moon destroying bombs in case he got bored?

• Love 1

But the crazy was about couples going on adventures together so they lasted longer than one date.  That's why we loved Kayla and Patch, Jen and Jack, Bo and Hope, Eug and Calliope.  They got into mysteries and worked together.  The writing involving constantly breaking up couples because "happiness is boring" is really stupid.  Give them something to do.  JJ and Paige could have been working on some kind of college research that would play into something down the line. Paige is such a dweeb it didn't occur to her there would be a Halloween party somewhere?

Sigh. Those were the days. I loved adventure stories - when the couple would go on the run to solve a mystery or something. I'm actually not that big on love stories - especially the ones with constant breakups. That just gets dull after a while and who cares about a couple that can't just freaking talk things out without flouncing?

I think I would be less willing to overlook the horrifying aspects of what's going on with Theresa if she had expressed an interest in having a child rather than seeing it as a way to hook Brady. (Yes, I'm totally able to turn off my conscience when I watch this show. It kinda scares me how easy it is...)

Ha! You and me both - I turn my conscience off too when it comes to soaps - I think you have to. How else can you watch this junk? I agree that Theresa doesn't seem to particularly want a baby, she's just looking for a meal ticket. I loved that Anne told her to get real and that Brady's family would sue for custody.  I also like your idea of Theresa getting her shit together, calling her dad and getting in with the ISA to track down her baby and maybe becoming a super spy in the process. I'd like to see Theresa grow a spine and get a life outside of drugs and mooching.

• Love 5

Count me in on the olden days nostalgia and the epic adventures of some of my favorite soap couples ever -- Kayla and Patch and Jack and Jennifer. Those stories provided so many opportunities for the viewer to see a relationship mature over time, and allowed for the couple to sprinkle sweetness and tenderness and humor in among all the angst and danger. Ah, this really makes me miss Jenn's wide-eyed enthusiasm and idealism, Kayla and Patch's deep trust in one another, and Jack's well-intentioned flailing. Now we have insta-love, stupid manipulation and misunderstanding, and something I can't even describe well enough in Eve and JJ's "mistake." 

Does Corday and tribe think viewers have a shorter attention span now? If so, i wish he'd take a look inside here once in a while. And give us more credit, for god's sake. 

• Love 5

Count me in on the olden days nostalgia and the epic adventures of some of my favorite soap couples ever -- Kayla and Patch and Jack and Jennifer. Those stories provided so many opportunities for the viewer to see a relationship mature over time, and allowed for the couple to sprinkle sweetness and tenderness and humor in among all the angst and danger. Ah, this really makes me miss Jenn's wide-eyed enthusiasm and idealism, Kayla and Patch's deep trust in one another, and Jack's well-intentioned flailing. Now we have insta-love, stupid manipulation and misunderstanding, and something I can't even describe well enough in Eve and JJ's "mistake." 

Does Corday and tribe think viewers have a shorter attention span now? If so, i wish he'd take a look inside here once in a while. And give us more credit, for god's sake. 

I'm not sure when it became 'conventional wisdom' that people's attention spans are shorter, or that people don't actually want deeper, character-driven storylines. I always hear from network execs, "The audience wants this now...", "Soap audiences aren't the same.." I, however, haven't really seen any soap watchers say this kind of stuff. Mostly I see them want better, more thoughtful stories and more well-drawn characters. I wish someone could convince TPTB of that.

• Love 4

Her Holiness St. Jennifer of the Self-righteous is out of town and still the memory linger.

I really wish Eve had decked Abifail today.  Sorry, but she had no right in Eve's home and no right to be breathing.  I just can't stand it.

• Love 5

It's about time Sonny called Abifail's boyfriend out on being a violent insubordinate. He should have straight fired him instead of suggesting he find a new place to work.

It disturbs me that no one is willing to call the cops or animal control whenever Abifail or Raccoon Jen show up at their home uninvited, verbally attack them, or physically assault them. When that psychopath Abifal said "I'm telling my mother all about this" I rolled my eyes so hard. Of course her pathetic ass would go running off to mommy to tattle.

Still don't understand why JJ is apologizing for having the decency to not go around revealing Kayla's personal business to random weirdos.

Of course as soon as Sami left Kayla went running to the hospital board so Abifail could get her job back. Can't have that freak suffer ANY long term consequences for her nasty behavior.

• Love 7

It's about time Sonny called Abifail's boyfriend out on being a violent insubordinate. He should have straight fired him instead of suggesting he find a new place to work.

It disturbs me that no one is willing to call the cops or animal control whenever Abifail or Raccoon Jen show up at their home uninvited, verbally attack them, or physically assault them. When that psychopath Abifal said "I'm telling my mother all about this" I rolled my eyes so hard. Of course her pathetic ass would go running off to mommy to tattle.

Still don't understand why JJ is apologizing for having the decency to not go around revealing Kayla's personal business to random weirdos.

Of course as soon as Sami left Kayla went running to the hospital board so Abifail could get her job back. Can't have that freak suffer ANY long term consequences for her nasty behavior.

I just wonder what Abifail is going to tell St. Jennifer?  That she barged into  someone's home uninvited, refused to leave and accused her of doing something she didn't do?  Been there and done that.  I wish Eve had called the cops and had precious locked up in jail.

• Love 7

Grimace holding that gun was the most laughable thing I seen in my life. Holding that gun with that stupid look on her face. Girl shoot yourself and spare everyone. How the fuck was she holding that gun? Looks like one shot would send her flying through the wall. Even holding a gun she grimaces. WTF is wrong with this actress??? Right Clyde, I'm tired of it too, tired of the same damn conversation over and over. Another rape story, how fucking convenient. RME. Writers love to use rape and sex to push their stories don't they? There's off being violated, Eric is getting through his rape, JJ, Eve, Miss Rapey, and Dingy have their dusty sex, and Gabi was almost raped. Writers need to be a little bit more inventive. I don't care for Grimace or this story or "twist" they're trying to see, been doing this for almost a full year for this to come out and viewers are just bored if we don't find out things within a few months of the story happening. NEXT!!

Glad Sonny reamed out Metro Cartoon Character for attacking Chad. Love Sonny!!!! Just want to go to Salem and take Sonny off Sneasel's hands. It was magnificent on Sonny telling him to find a new job if he can't act right and that Grimace is an adult. Even when he mentioned that Chad was at the hospital MCC gets a crab in his panties and starts to almost lose it again.

Tell it Victor, tell Kate to stay away from Clyde, but then again I think Kate is one of the few or ONLY woman in Salem that can take care of herself.

AbiFail please, she acts like such a damn child. "I'm telling" that's something a child says. See why AbiFail is not ready to handle grown up problems, because she's running straight to her rancid ass mother. Kind of sad when no other company wants to hire you so someone has to pull strings to get you hired back from where you were fired from. AbiFail is PATHETIC!!!

Also AbiFail isn't suppose to be working at the hospital. She was banned from working there ever again. I don't care how many strings Chad pulled. Sami had every single right to try and withhold the donation money because this hospital can't even keep up with their own damn policy. Sloppy writing from the writers again.

Also nauseating how Dr. Dingy is the go to surgeon for everyone. This baseball player (forgot his name already lol) comes to Salem just so he can associate with Dingy and tell him how wonderful he is. Like Dingy needs anymore propping.

GTFO Lima Bean, "starting over" like there was anything to restart. Maybe Lima Bean go back to your manufacturer so they can reset and reconfigure your personality button. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

OK, I'm sorry, "Someone has to stand up for JJ." ?!?!?!? Is he five? Oh goodness, she's going to tell her mommy! Last time I checked JJ was an adult and holy crap the santimoniousness (I don't even care if that's not a word) coming out of Abby's mouth was really just too much for me. I'm beyond tired of people coming over to Eve's home to tell her what a horrible person she is. 

I get it show: Abby is perfect, Jennifer is perfect, JJ is an innocent flower, and Eve is TEH EVIL. The intense problem with that is it's not what I'm seeing on my screen at all. Please just stop. 

• Love 8

And this is why I'm one of the few Paige fans (and J.J./Paige fans).  Once again, they meet up and talk things through like adults to make things right.  Took a little longer than they usually do, but still . . . Paige owned up to her lapse in brains by believing Bev.  Only thing they missed was J.J. telling her what he did. . . .

• Love 1

but I do hope that it gives Theresa a meaty story and she evolves as a character. I'd love it if she was able to piece it all together (I assume the Dimera doctors will give her some mind erasing drug or whatever) and enlists Daddy and his ISA connections to track down Kristen and the baby.

I wonder if this is how the show is going to turn Theresa into a heroine-esque character?  This could be the impetus she needs to ditch Brady and dig into her Donovan/Brady investigative roots and track down her own baby--that would be a rather awesome storyline.  And I'd really love to see her with Chad because both JL and BF can actually act :)

• Love 2

I'm going to sound like an old fart but those were the 'good old days.' ;-)  Romance on the run, intricate mystery and intrigue storylines. Now those writers knew what they were doing.  Watching today I'd think romance was dead, except there's a huge market for contemporary romance novels these days that would prove Corday wrong, if he gave a shit enough to listen. 

The storylines today are beyond lame. JJ and Paige act nothing like real life teens. I mean seriously, what freshman guy has his girlfriend crawl in his bed for sex and he abstains, only to screw her mother a few days later. Now maybe if the mom was out of this world hot, but sorry--Eve is not. She looks like a 50 year old mom. KdP just isn't rocking the MILF role.  

As for Kristin and the embryo stealing fiasco, I thought that kind of outlandishness went out a decade or more ago with Dr. Rolf and his mad scientist lab in the Dimera basement.  As campy as the whole Marlena possession storyline was in the '90's, I'll give it points for originality on daytime. (It might have been a rip off of The Exorcist but it was something soaps had never done before.) But I think everyone is over-and-done-that with those types of plots. 

I believed the '80's couples worked and gave birth to the whole Supercouple era because there was a lot of depth to the characters, their relationships were layered and built up--they didn't happen over night, and they provided an escapism for viewers.  When you watched back then you wanted an epic love affair like Steve and Kayla or Bo and Hope where you went against the odds and found love in the midst of daring adventures. I can't think of one character or couple on today that anyone would want to be or envy. Most of them I wouldn't even want to know or be friends with, yet alone consider their lives an hour "escape" for the day. And this, I think, is where Days has lost its way. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 5

My favorite storyline of all time was Jenny and Frankie going on the run together for the summer on "All My Children".  And they weren't even a couple, it wasn't a romantic adventure, but it involved criminals, and new characters, and filming in real locations, and character development, involving tons of other characters on the show who were looking for them.

• Love 1

I wish the writers would just drop this pretence that Abigail is some sort of hot ingenue, wowing the town of Salem and all us viewers with her awesome talent, great personality and drop-dead gorgeous looks and just EMBRACE THE CRAZY THAT IS ABIGAIL.  Honestly, does she EVER appear on screen without telegraphing "Cuckoo for Cocopuffs" within the first 10 seconds??  

When Jar Jar was smoothing down her leather skirt while talking to JJ, slowly rubbing her hands over her body while her eyes glazed over at her own deliciousness, she reminded me of nothing less than a young Baby Jane Hudson.  JJ better look out of he'll end up crippled and living wheelchair bound while Dear Sister feeds him fricasseed rat - the girl looks just that nuts.  And as Our Young Hero hesitantly stammers out the story of his problems with Paige, Jar Jar aka Abs immediately stops listening, jumps to conclusions, and - you could see her thought forming like a bubble over that bubble brain of hers - "AHA!  Now I get to push my way into Eve's apartment and maybe even SLAP her again!  Plus, I look so hot in my leather!!"   And off she slithered......

Meanwhile, an offscreen exorcism has been performed and the Paige of Yesteryear is back.  You all remember the girl with a level head, adverse to jumping to conclusions, a naturally nice woman?  That one - not the crazy harridan Jenn wannabe who JJ has been subjected to for the past month.  It was great to see her, and sad to realize that she'll soon be inhabited by the Horton HooHah Horror when she finds out what JJ's idea of a Mother's Day present was.  And speaking of Mothers, Paige's mom is looking pretty rough, sorta like you'd expect a woman to look after spending a night listening to and/or making love with Aunt Abe Carver.  T'would be hard to figure out which would be more boring.   Not good, folks, not good.

And to make matters worse for Eve, just as she's at her wits end the doorbell rings and who appears but the Trouble with Tribbles aka Gremlins II.  Oh wait, yep, it's Abigail.  She smirks at Eve because she knows Eve is SO JEALOUS BECAUSE SHE LOOKS SO GOOD IN LEATHER, and proceeds to dribble words out of her mouth in no particular sense or order.  And then she smirks.  Bad move on her part, because no matter HOW GOOD SHE LOOKS IN LEATHER, Eve kicks her bony butt out of the house, (while not marking up Abigails super-hot leather skirt).  But Abigail has the last word because she tells Eve "I'LL TELL MY MOMMY ON YOU!"  Which leaves all of us resigned to knowing we'll be hearing the braying of donkey Jenn when she gets back from bathing in the blood of dead Clowns to maintain her youthful glow - I mean, taking care of her mother.

Kayla, once again being criminally mis-and-underused, is for some reason acting all pissy with Chad as he informs her he's gotten Abigail her old job back.  It seems that at Salem Hospital it matters less who you bang, but in what order.  So Jar Jar can go back to doing nothing - and hopefully she can wear leather while she does it because she looks so HOT in it!  Right?  

Oh yeah, Tammy Flu is holding a gun on Clyde in his bedroom, where we find out he either wears grey underwear or he DESPERATELY needs to get to the laundromat.  Seems that Tammy Flu killed her banana rama or some such thing, not listening too closely.  Until it turns out that Clyde raped her when she was 15.....and once again DOOL manages to be both offensive AND repetitive with lazy storytelling.  So much for Kate's next big romance - or at least I fervently hope so.

Pop Up Victor stops by to tell Sonny a few home truths about marriage and meanwhile, Dr. Dingy is treating his new "secret" patient, a hot baseball player that has Our Miss Milbauer swooning.  The same fellow who I think will soon have Our Mister Sonny swooning too.  OH!  Earlier, Dr. Dingy was having some sort of conversation with JJ about how he ruined his relationship with Jenn but I honestly didn't pay much attention.  Danny just can't seem to talk to anyone for any longer than 10 seconds without twitching and jumping and arranging his junk like he's ABBY WHO IS SO HOT IN HER LEATHER SKIRT and it distracts me from listening.  Or giving a shit.

By the way, didn't Abigail LOOK HOT IN HER LEATHER??  

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

My favorite storyline of all time was Jenny and Frankie going on the run together for the summer on "All My Children".  And they weren't even a couple, it wasn't a romantic adventure, but it involved criminals, and new characters, and filming in real locations, and character development, involving tons of other characters on the show who were looking for them.

Jenny and Frankie did no such thing.  Jenny and Jesse did.

• Love 1

If Kristin wanted a baby so badly with her money & resources why doesn't she already have a dozen? 

I hate this storyline!  What an awful thing they did to Teresa.

Soaps have so much nastiness in them but for some reason Will saying to his husband "I don't want a boring life"  really bothered me.  What an awful hurtful thing for him to say to his loving husband.  

Sony is a better actor with everyone else on the show besides Will ( and I don't even hate Will.  IMO he is Sami's son in every way).

Jordan should just let Chad know what her dad did and let him take care of everything.

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 1

Eve getting pregnant never occurred to me.  My first thought was Eve is going to accuse JJ of rape.

I think it's going to be both! Eve's pregnancy will expose her having slept with JJ, so Eve will accuse JJ of rape. (In other words, yes, the writers are going to make this story as awful as they possibly can.)

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2

Lol. Gramma Jenn to an Eve spawn. A d with Daniel in the picture?

That meant to say "and with Daniel in the picture?" Anyways the only good thing about this is Jenn's head exploding.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6

It's would all be so horrible, I'm kind of hoping it happens. Oh, Jennifer as grandmother to Eve's baby - yes I do believe that would make everything else worthwhile.

And since this is Days, the baby will either claw its way out of Eve's womb and wreak havoc on all of Salem ala Marlena's possession storyline, or be born with a silver spoon in its mouth, a stick up its behind and dressed in an itsy bitsy clown dress like Grandma Jenn and then proceed to throw shade at all non-Hortons.

• Love 1

Eve pregnant???  Never crossed my mind.

In real life, KDP won't be getting any positive pregnancy tests. However, in soap opera world, she is super young, I guess? 

Another gross plot but you guys are totally right.  Eve will get pregnant and she will claim JJ raped her.  He will have a whole emotional crisis, thinking he inherited the rapist DNA that runs rampid in Salem. 

People say the 80's were corny.  It was better than this...

• Love 2

I generally find JJ to be sweet and  more self-aware than his sister and his mother, so I am rather upset to see the way things have played out between him and JJ. 

I'm so agitated by Eve (although I think the guilty aftermath has been well-played by KDP) that I didn't even care that Abigail barged into Eve's apartment to tell her to go where the sun don't shine. 

• Love 3

I agree that KDP's performances last week were amazing.

My Abby hatred might be coloring my perception, but I fail to see what right she has to say anything to Eve at all. JJ is within his rights to say something; so is Paige. But JJ's an adult. His sister does not have the right to go around telling off people he has sex with. She and Eve don't even know each other (except for the time Abby slapped her because I don't even know why.) And Abby threatened to tell her mommy on Eve? I mean, does anyone outside of elementary school say that? If I were a young man, I think the last thing on earth I would want is for my sister to tell my mommy about someone I've had sex with. And, really, Abby of all people is going to lecture someone on the finer points of sexual morality?

Imo, it's just another way for the show to try to hit us over the head with the idea that Jenn is perfect, Abby is perfect, and Eve is evil personified. I guess that would be easier to take if it were what I'm actually seeing on screen - but it's not; and the writers repeating it several times each episode doesn't convince me. Actually, it makes me more likely to feel the exact opposite.

I agree that KDP's performances last week were amazing.

My Abby hatred might be coloring my perception, but I fail to see what right she has to say anything to Eve at all. JJ is within his rights to say something; so is Paige. But JJ's an adult. His sister does not have the right to go around telling off people he has sex with. She and Eve don't even know each other (except for the time Abby slapped her because I don't even know why.) And Abby threatened to tell her mommy on Eve? I mean, does anyone outside of elementary school say that? If I were a young man, I think the last thing on earth I would want is for my sister to tell my mommy about someone I've had sex with. And, really, Abby of all people is going to lecture someone on the finer points of sexual morality?

Imo, it's just another way for the show to try to hit us over the head with the idea that Jenn is perfect, Abby is perfect, and Eve is evil personified. I guess that would be easier to take if it were what I'm actually seeing on screen - but it's not; and the writers repeating it several times each episode doesn't convince me. Actually, it makes me more likely to feel the exact opposite.

• Love 5

I do think Abigail is a hypocrite; I think I just can't get over the fact that Eve slept with her daughter's boyfriend. There's a level of grossness there I can't fathom. Nonetheless, I do think KDP is turning in some excellent performances -- the lead-up to the sex where she was bemoaning the loss of her voice was  well played (I've blocked out the actual sex), and she played the guilt really well (Kate Mansi, take note!). I was also pretty grossed out when Jack slept with Jennifer's mother, but at least Jen's mother didn't know that was her daughter's ex-husband! Ditto for Nick and Billy, although I can't remember whether they knew they were connected through Chelsea.

I do agree that I didn't quite understand why Abigail would want to tell Jennifer what JJ has been doing in his spare time with Eve. That was certainly weird. She didn't want to tell Jennifer she slept with EJ; I don't think JJ would want Jen to know that he's hanging around his mother's enemy and the MOTHER of his girlfriend.

I'm trying to figure out if Eve slept with JJ on purpose to keep the young lovebirds apart, but she did look pretty revolted with herself afterwards.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

If Eve is pregnant by JJ, I'm pretty sure I'll leave a show that I've been watching for 30 years. Does JJ know that Jack slept with Jenn's mother? That will send him over the edge for sure. 

Nice job, Corday, and I still hate you.

I'm pretty sure that Abigail doesn't know that JJ and Eve slept together.  What I got from the scene of her and Eve is that she's threatening to tell Jenn that Eve is holding what Jack did to Kayla over JJ's head.  I'm pretty sure that JJ didn't tell Abigail about the sex but instead said that Paige was upset about what Jack had done and that he thought she'd found out about it from Eve.  And even though Eve told Abigail that Paige had overheard her and Kayla talking about it, Abigail did her usual sneer as if she didn't believe that.  

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure that Abigail doesn't know that JJ and Eve slept together.  What I got from the scene of her and Eve is that she's threatening to tell Jenn that Eve is holding what Jack did to Kayla over JJ's head.  I'm pretty sure that JJ didn't tell Abigail about the sex but instead said that Paige was upset about what Jack had done and that he thought she'd found out about it from Eve.  And even though Eve told Abigail that Paige had overheard her and Kayla talking about it, Abigail did her usual sneer as if she didn't believe that.  

Thank you for the clarification; that makes a lot more sense. I FF'ed through the Abby/JJ scene so I had just assumed he told her; and I was only half listening to the convo with Eve b/c I really can't stand Abby. But, you're right, she only referenced whether or not Paige had learned directly from Eve that Jack had raped Kayla. I stand by my assertion that Abby has no right to be judgemental of anyone (not that that stops her) and 'I'm telling my mommy on you' is pretty much the lamest line I've ever heard come out of an adult's mouth. jmo.

I really don't think Eve slept with JJ on purpose. I was actually thinking that was the direction they would take, but I prefer this one. She looked sufficiently disgusted with herself that I definitely don't think it was something she planned to do. I kind of doubt they are going to make Eve pregnant, but I think I would asphyxiate from laughing if they did. Just the image of Jenn being grandmother to Eve's child would make up for any other horrendous aspect of that storyline.

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 6