Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Rafe is a good brother.

I like Rafe in brother mode. And I liked him when he had other family members. I just can't stand him with Hope, and the way they've been writing Hope for the last several years, I think she's the half of the pair I like the least.  :-(

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 11

Rex planned for Sarah and himself to live in the same city that Mimi and said baby are living in, and does not care what Sarah thinks.

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I like Rafe in brother mode. And I liked him when he had other family members. I just can't stand him with Hope, and the way they've been writing Hope for the last several years, I think she's the half of the pair I like the least.  :-(

Hope outed herself today when she stated she wanted Stefan to pay for what he did for Kayla, Steve, and especially Abigail but not a word about Gabi.  If you are not related to Hope she does not care.

• Love 11

Sarah melted into a puddle of goo when Eric gently implored her to come out with him and Rex. I’m actually buying Eric and Rex’s brotherly bond. 

Xander and Sheila have a little chemistry. “These guns are registered to the ISA.” Wow 😂 

Ugga Bugga CaveRafe no like it when Hope holds hands with sauve Frenchy Ted. I guess since Brady isn’t acting on today to act like a bossy masc jerk he had to fill in. Ted and Chad were looking good today, they both have to be bored with this shit material.

Eric has put Nicole on a huge pedestal when for 20 years she was very flawed and toxic, but okay. 

Linsey / Sarah hair is too dark and a too heavy frame for her small, pale features. Her clothing isn’t that great either 🤷‍♀️ she should make friends with former mother in law to be Kate, she’ll help.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Sarah melted into a puddle of goo when Eric gently implored her to come out with him and Rex. I’m actually buying Eric and Rex’s brotherly bond. 

Xander and Sheila have a little chemistry. “These guns are registered to the ISA.” Wow 😂 

Ugga Bugga CaveRafe no like it when Hope holds hands with sauve Frenchy Ted. I guess since Brady isn’t acting on today to act like a bossy masc jerk he had to fill in. Ted and Chad were looking good today, they both have to be bored with this shit material.

Eric has put Nicole on a huge pedestal when for 20 years she was very flawed and toxic, but okay. 

Linsey / Sarah hair is too dark and a too heavy frame for her small, pale features. Her clothing isn’t that great either 🤷‍♀️ she should make friends with former mother in law to be Kate, she’ll help.

Help her indeed.  To an early grave.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Eric has put Nicole on a huge pedestal when for 20 years she was very flawed and toxic, but okay

Yes, especially when she burned the evidence that would have allowed Eric to remain a priest.  Nicole spent HOW many months on the weepy apology tour while Eric basically snarled at her?  Suddenly, they have sex and Nicole is now the next best thing to Mother Teresa!

• Love 6

Why is Gabi wearing such a short summery dress in the middle of January? Brrrrrr. Salem having a January thaw? Good for her for going after Stefan.

Rex looked better with a shirt on. Nice to see him and Eric have some familial connection.

So, Xander pretended to be John Black and could erase the files off the computer so easily? Wouldn't the Mayor's Office have some IT Admin folks who look after the computers? And some sort of network, along with back-ups? Xander knows how to hack in to a network, get an Admin login and override these types of files? Wouldn't someone have encrypted them and had them locked on some server? Dumb.

Hope really screwed up with Rafeman when she went on and on about Stefan's crimes but did not include Gabi. Poor Abigail, though. Does she have selective memory about Abs' mental health issues, her messing around with EJ, her setting Ben Weston on fire, her framing Gabi for Andre's murder, her 'alter' locking up Kate, Vivian, and Marlena in the DiMera tunnels and trying to suffocate them?

Sarah Horton's clothing choices are kinda young and a bit twee. Her new year's fluffy jacket was more fitting for a woman her age.

• Love 7

Can I say that Gabi is looking gorgeously on point?  I love how her hair is styled and the black flower print dress is fabulous.  I'm also loving how she yelled at Stefan and threatened him with the exact same fireplace poker he scared her with--it does seem as though the show is setting up a hate/hate relationship with Stefan and Gabi and I'm slightly intrigued by it.  I did like Chad's telling Gabi not to kill Stefan because he's not worth it.  The cold disdain, it burns :):)

Was it me, or did Stefan look turned on when Gabi threatened him with the fireplace poker?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, drtslim said:

Was it me, or did Stefan look turned on when Gabi threatened him with the fireplace poker?

Well, it's not like it takes much to turn him on. After all, he is/was obsessed with a wig. 

I can see Tyler laughing about this storyline for a long time. lol

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 6

I wouldn't mind a Stefan/Gabi pairup in due time. Also, Camila is just stunning to look at, all the time -- she's grown so much in this role. She can take over Kate's badass mantle when the time comes (not putting Lauren K out to pasture yet!). 

But Chad's anger at her is justified! She DID try to wreck his family. I loved the little nuance in Gabi's reply -- "... I never tried to hurt y--....I never wanted to hurt you..." Things escalated pretty quickly, Gabi. I don't think she needs to be literally shunned forever, but I can give Chad a bit of time to be angry at someone who switched paternity test results and cost him precious time with his daughter. I'm like a broken record, but for me it all comes down to that baby and that she was used as a toy in a plot. 

I still got nothing for Sarah and Rex. 

I miss Jack. They're stringing me along by having him pop up in just a few scenes a week and I don't like it. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

I wouldn't mind a Stefan/Gabi pairup in due time. Also, Camila is just stunning to look at, all the time -- she's grown so much in this role. She can take over Kate's badass mantle when the time comes (not putting Lauren K out to pasture yet!). 

But Chad's anger at her is justified! She DID try to wreck his family. I loved the little nuance in Gabi's reply -- "... I never tried to hurt y--....I never wanted to hurt you..." Things escalated pretty quickly, Gabi. I don't think she needs to be literally shunned forever, but I can give Chad a bit of time to be angry at someone who switched paternity test results and cost him precious time with his daughter. I'm like a broken record, but for me it all comes down to that baby and that she was used as a toy in a plot. 

I miss Jack. They're stringing me along by having him pop up in just a few scenes a week and I don't like it. 

How is constantly telling someone that you supposedly care about that the man you hate and raped your wife baby is growing inside of her everyday is not trying to hurt them? Pretending like you want them to work out their problems.

This goes well beyond anger. The trust and respect is gone. Like he said, he don't want to hurt her, or want revenge. He's just done with her.

The writers need to make her a full on bitch without regrets or apologies. Forget this wish washy crap.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

It's ludicrous. When he gave that NYE speech about Nicole loving to make other people smile & helping out, I was so done with him. It's one thing to be in love and want to think the best of the one you love but Eric sounds absolutely delusional when he talks about Nicole. And while I get why no one feels comfortable enough to correct him as he grieves, his Saint Nicole commentary needs to get some pushback from other characters very soon IMO. Greg Vaughan is so easy on the eyes and I think he's a solid actor but Ericole has reached Chabby-Rope-Safe banality status in my eyes.

I am not a Melinda fan per se but if she runs around town reading Hope and Abby, I totally could become a fan. 

I'm intrigued by Gabi & Stefan. Considering he was drawn to Gabby, I can see him eventually falling for the original instead of the vapid impersonator. 

I am enjoying Sheila but I hate every anvil the show drops that Sheila and Abe will get together. If she's Eli childhood friend then she's too young for Abe, IMO and we shouldn't have two couples on Days solely together due to similar melanin tones.

I don't dislike Broe bonding but I find I don't really care. It's the Brady element for me. It just feels like Brady once again bouncing to a woman that he'll turn on in 6 months to a year even though Chloe is his ex-wife and they have a long history. 

JJ & Haley is incredibly rushed and JJ comes off somewhat stalker-like. (Also, this story STILL has more screentime than Elani even though the Days twitter account pimps Elani, they don't write for them)

I am not a Stefan fan but I find him much more entertaining away from all things Chabby/Abby. TC seems alive in scenes if Stefan is not having to deal with Chabby/Abby BS.

• Love 10

As I said in the spoiler thread, it's kinda weird they played this beat with Rex having slept with Sarah's sister Noelle without Noelle herself being present, although that certainly could be a set-up for later.  I'm not versed in their history, but you'd think Sarah would at least hop on the phone to Noelle and be like, "Hey, sis, what's this I hear about you screwing my fiancée!".  But I guess she couldn't be distracted from the excuse that was handed to her on a platter to throw herself at Eric.  Despite my annoyance with Sarah, Linsey Godfrey brought the suds today in her performance, good for her.  And damn, Rex, normally a character has to be on a soap for a while before they've racked up siblings!

While it's kinda baffling to me that Xander prepped an escape hatch re: shooting Marlena but is unable to outmaneuver Leo, I did appreciate him finally being like, "You know, what, fine, let's do this" because that's the character to me - he's mercenary, he'll do whatever to get ahead.  It would have been more interesting and fun, as we've all said, if Xander was bi or sexually fluid, though. 

Seems like Sami's years-long quest for EJ's D really took a toll on her kids.  First Allie, now Johnny.  Those kids are gonna be a soapy mess when they eventually return to town.

ETA - oh, I forgot to mention "good gay" Sonny saying he wished he had actually killed Leo.  So we're supposed to feel bad for him why...?

ETA2 - I like Rex's jacket.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Maybe this experience will lead to others, TeeVee. I could see Xander wanting a do-over at some point after Leo (whom he clearly isn't attracted to). The ice has been broken so who knows where Ron will go with Xander from here. I'm just astounded it's taken the show this many years to get Xander in a sex scene again. Was the last partner he had really Serena?

Leo could have worked so much better with someone else in the part, but kudos to him anyway for bagging such big game LOL.

Has Mr "I want you to love me Nicole" shown any sadness over her death?

...and wouldn't he, as her widower husband, have first dibs on raising Holly??

I love it when Hope and Rafe argue. They're like two schoolyard kids whose "relationship" is so lame all the other kids just roll their eyes at them.

I'm not sure how I feel about so much plot happening off-camera (Rex with Mimi and Sarah's sister, Johnny and Ali's growing pains, Sami, Lucas, Susan, EJ, Paul, Steve, etc). I know it's better than the alternative, which is never mentioning characters who aren't physically on the show anymore, which was the status quo before Ron came on board. Still, it cheapens the show a little bit to have interesting things happening where we can't see them because of budget.

Speaking of cheap, did they even bother to repaint Nicole's apartment before having Eric move into it as though it's now in a completely different city? Literally, if I watch scenes of Eric and Nicole's reunion and then watch scenes like the ones they had today, I would easily think that it was the exact same apartment wouldn't I? LAME.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe this experience will lead to others, TeeVee. I could see Xander wanting a do-over at some point after Leo (whom he clearly isn't attracted to). The ice has been broken so who knows where Ron will go with Xander from here.

I'm not gonna hold my breath (I'm actually guessing they're going to be interrupted somehow on Monday), but that would certainly be a new type of coming out/sexuality story for daytime!  I mean, I assume Xander didn't get to have those college experimentation years doing dirty deeds for Victor all over the globe.  It'd be so great if we cut to them in the afterglow on Monday and Xan was like, "Hey, that was kinda fun.  Maybe I'll try it again sometime with a guy I'm not trying to get illicit secrets out of."

29 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...and wouldn't he, as her widower husband, have first dibs on raising Holly??

Great question!  That would certainly be a great way for Xander to screw with some of these people, by putting forth his own claim to Holly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

It's ludicrous. When he gave that NYE speech about Nicole loving to make other people smile & helping out, I was so done with him. It's one thing to be in love and want to think the best of the one you love but Eric sounds absolutely delusional when he talks about Nicole. And while I get why no one feels comfortable enough to correct him as he grieves, his Saint Nicole commentary needs to get some pushback from other characters very soon IMO. Greg Vaughan is so easy on the eyes and I think he's a solid actor but Ericole has reached Chabby-Rope-Safe banality status in my eyes.

I know!  Nicole didn't love to make people smile until so late in the game her batteries were almost dead.  

I always enjoyed Nicole - she was, for me, a most enjoyable despicable villian most of the time.  Sometimes I really loathed her - see Sidney storyline - but most of the time I just enjoyed watching Arianna Zucker make Nicole a character I couldn't turn away from.  

Sometimes I even liked Nicole - sometimes.....  But she was so far from sainthood of any sort that listening to Eric groan on in that monotone about Nicole's "goodness" is making me dislike his character.  What a noob he is - and Eric always had that tendency, but these days, come ON.

He knows how to fill out a pair of jeans but other than that, these days.....

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I want better than Gabi .  She deserves so much better than being the town w h o r e.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

As I said in the spoiler thread, it's kinda weird they played this beat with Rex having slept with Sarah's sister Noelle without Noelle herself being present, although that certainly could be a set-up for later.  I'm not versed in their history, but you'd think Sarah would at least hop on the phone to Noelle and be like, "Hey, sis, what's this I hear about you screwing my fiancée!".  But I guess she couldn't be distracted from the excuse that was handed to her on a platter to throw herself at Eric.  Despite my annoyance with Sarah, Linsey Godfrey brought the suds today in her performance, good for her.  And damn, Rex, normally a character has to be on a soap for a while before they've racked up siblings!

While it's kinda baffling to me that Xander prepped an escape hatch re: shooting Marlena but is unable to outmaneuver Leo, I did appreciate him finally being like, "You know, what, fine, let's do this" because that's the character to me - he's mercenary, he'll do whatever to get ahead.  It would have been more interesting and fun, as we've all said, if Xander was bi or sexually fluid, though. 

Seems like Sami's years-long quest for EJ's D really took a toll on her kids.  First Allie, now Johnny.  Those kids are gonna be a soapy mess when they eventually return to town.

ETA - oh, I forgot to mention "good gay" Sonny saying he wished he had actually killed Leo.  So we're supposed to feel bad for him why...?

ETA2 - I like Rex's jacket.

Aren't all Salem children a mess, but still the adults have them beat.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I feel Chad has a right to some of his anger but that he hated Charlotte is all on him. He didn't have a problem when he thought Thomas was Ben's child. He still planned to be a father to that baby regardless of DNA. Chad chose to hate Charlotte. He also chose to barter Charlotte to Stefan all on his own. So I do think Chad should be mad at Gabi for hurting him but he also needs to turn some of that blame inward about the choices he made. He didn't have to hate that baby but he did. If Chad can only care about or love a child who is biologically his then that says more about Chad than it does what Gabi did. Some stuff is definitely on Gabi for causing him pain but IMO the past hatred for Charlotte is solely on Chad.

These interactions regarding Gabi's apologies / explanations are always interesting to me because everyone really did expect her to get over what was done to her without any type of residual pain, anger, or PTSD solely cause "Abby was sick." JJ wondered asked Gabi why didn't come to him and I thought about the times she did tell him some degree of how she felt bur he's always going to side with his sister over Gabi so that was such an empty question from JJ. Plus the townspeople, including big brother Rafe, then they couldn't be bothered to actually support Gabi emotionally post release from incarceration. It's like her behavior was terrible but no one in Salem wants to look at their own reactions or that they didn't care about what was done to her. I get people being appalled by her actions but I don't understand why they're so shocked she was full of that much rage after what she went through. They expected the explanation that "Abby was sick" to somehow go back in time and erase all that was done to Gabi, like losing access to her child and being beaten to the point of sterility because of something that was done to her by two others out of malice. That kind of pain done to her, especially but someone she trusted sick or not, isn't something easily forgiven or forgotten. Hell, Julie runs around yelling at Gabi as if Gabi should have just let Nick assault her and abuse her. 

• Love 12

"It's only a matter of time before [Xander] screws up again."  You mean, like, trying to kill somebody?  Yeah, just little stuff like that.

The first cracks in Rope.  Hope will now turn to Ted and hopefully,

Spoiler

Rafe will turn to Jordan.

Can't wait.

Why doesn't Will go help with Johnny?  It's not like he has anything else to do.

They should have Mimi and Philip hook up off screen. They are both in Chicago, right?

Who is Noelle's mother?

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

They should have Gigi Mimi and Philip hook up off screen. They are both in Chicago, right?

When Rex came back, I was full-on expecting another meta OLTL joke.  "She dumped me for a different guy named Rex!", etc.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Who is Noelle's mother?

Wow, I almost forgot her. She was off the show as a little girl. I THINK her mom was Liz Chandler (Gloria Loring's character). Neil Curtis was her dad.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"It's only a matter of time before [Xander] screws up again."  You mean, like, trying to kill somebody?  Yeah, just little stuff like that.

The first cracks in Rope.  Hope will now turn to Ted and hopefully,

Reveal hidden contents

Rafe will turn to Jordan.

Can't wait.

Why doesn't Will go help with Johnny?  It's not like he has anything else to do.

They should have Mimi and Philip hook up off screen. They are both in Chicago, right?

Who is Noelle's mother?

Will is busy stalking Sonny.

• Love 2

Rex Rex Rexie Rex, good segway, bedding Sarah's sister Noelle, somebody we haven't seen, who indeed was barely even born, going by Sarah's current de-sorasing.  For a minute there I was afraid he was going to say "Melissa" and THAT would take some explaining.  Especially since Melissa's son Nathan, currently, must be older than Sarah.  I think the time continuum has ceased to work in Maggie's family.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm really enjoying Rex, horrible manchild dawg that he is.  At least, unlike the rest of the male moobs in Salem, he doesn't pretend otherwise, nor that he's better than anyone - at least not yet.  

I liked him with Chloe - again.

Is there a drearier couple than Rafe and Hope?  I'd rather watch Chad and Abigail and that's NOT something I ever want to do.  He's a horrible human being 90% of the time and Hope mopes about everything.  That b.s. about him sleeping with Sami was so stupid I'd pretty much forgotten about it, but her getting all teary about it, and about him being around Sami wasn't a good look for her.  Johnnie is a mess, Rafe is needed (though why I cannot fathom) and Hope just looks mean and needy to make such a big deal about it.

Maybe she can distract herself from the pain by planting evidence or screwing up a case or two while he's gone, keep the stellar work ethic of the Salem PD current.  

I'm unclear on what exactly Xander thinks Leo can tell him that is going to get him the job but I am enjoying these two sociopaths playing it for laughs.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Why does Sami's son Johnnie need to be around Rafe? Because he gave him a mini FBI jacket? Will could go and Sami could certainly hire a nanny for him. Maybe Rafe just needs a break from his wife.

My eyes rolled a bit at Hope's neediness, clinginess, entitlement, selfishness.  The waterworks. She really has little reason to feel that Rafe and Sami will just hook up while he is over there for a couple weeks. Sami is focused on the great Mt. EJ.  She should look at the bright side of having 24/ to devote to finding a way to frame Ben for something.  And also go after Gabi since Rafey won't be around. Maybe Hope needs to take a long hard look at herself. Rafe is right about the French dude Ted. Hope seems more enamored of Ted than him.

I don't really remember Noelle and someone who has been off the show's canvas for a long time doesn't make me care about them. Sarah Horton, you have been in Salem and you know how incestuous all the folks are in your home town.

Chloe was right to a point about Rex not being 100% truthful. However, maybe Noelle will come to town and spill the proverbial beans. At some point he would be exposed. Running to Eric's arms - not really the best idea.

Leo and Xander are funny/ I was laughing at some of the double entendres. The things Xander will do for power. Maybe both can laugh at themselves.

• Love 6

Chloe/Marlena, Eli/Eric, Will/John, it's always nice to see characters who rarely interact, interact. The first two were inconsequential and the last was more substantial, but it helps to make Salem feel like a small town where everyone actually knows each other. It's also a nice way to test character dynamics and give a synopsis of storylines. I would love to see more of these small scenes.

Are Rafe/Rex supposed to be so annoyed with Hope/Sarah. At one point, Rex flat out rolled his eyes at Sarah, and I would say that Rafe was over Hope's protestations but that would imply he cared in the first place. Speaking of Hope, Kristian Alfonso has never been a strong actress, but she still had a likability and charisma to carry storylines. Hope used to be one of my favorite Days characters. But now, I find it difficult to watch her scenes, and her scenes with Rafe today were not well acted...at all. I actually think Hope had a valid point regarding Rafe and Sami, but it was delivered in such a childish, whiney and lackluster manner that it was easy to overlook her valid concerns and rebuttal. I hope they end Rope soon. Hope is/was too important a character for such a terrible pairing to be her swan song. Also, Hope Laurent is such a great, Soap Opera name. I hope we get to officially hear in 2019.

Regarding the storyline with Rafe, I'd always wished that the show had made Rafe sterile. For me, it would have explained Rafe's devotion to Sami and his instant family with her, why he was so gung-ho to raise another man's kids including trying to steal two of them (Sydney and Daniel Rafe), choose Sami over his own sister, and why he was always willing to help Sami in her latest scheme against E.J., including helping her cover up shooting E.J. in the head. It would also explain why he feels obligated to help Sami now and why Sami would feel entitled enough (not that she needs an explanation to be entitled) to ask when she knows she caused such derision in his marriage to Hope. However, lacking that storyline development, this is just another example of Rafe's selfishness and why he has never worked in a romantic pairing. Let me repeat, Hope Laurent is such a great, Soap Opera name, I hope we get to officially hear in 2019.

I get the feeling that we're supposed to believe that Sarah is acting out of character since Rex cheated on her and this new revelation makes her even more impulsive and destructive. This would work better if we knew her before hand. I like Sarah, but I need them to dial the character and thus the actress down a little bit. Since she's come to Salem she's crusaded against one person or another. Also, it seems the show spends a lot of time focusing on her family members who are not currently on canvas - Noelle, Dan, Dr. Neil Curtis - that they seem to be forgetting to connect her to the family members who are on canvas. I mean, I still don't know the Maggie/Sarah dynamic when she's not yelling at Maggie, unless that is supposed to be their dynamic. There were also three other Hortons on canvas today who she has little to no onscreen relationship with. I want Sarah to work as a character, but I hope the show shifts gears with her. She needs family and friends and Eric is not in either category right now. Also, the most amazing thing about her scene with Rex today were the two people eavesdropping from the bar. They were highly entertained and I bet they have a wonderful story to share at their next dinner party.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 4

Is Rex a sex addict or something? 

Rafe and Hope’s insecure jealous spats are so high school 🙄 

Xander has manipulatived and coerced people into sex many times. Not so fun when shoe is on the other genital foot. 

Sarah didn’t need a reason to jump Eric’s bones. It makes her look dumb though to say she wanted to get back at Rexy, now Eric won’t take her seriously.  She’s been so thirsty for Eric she isn’t thinking intelligently of what he may want to hear or need. Her Jennifer Beals Flashdance hair and Laura Ashley type clothes aren’t working for me. The dresses look like ones they tried to give MR/Jennifer and MM/Abby that were rejected for being too frumpy kiddish. 

So Salem PD and courthouse don’t keep their files and info in the cloud? Xander is supposed to be some speedy hacker now? He looked good shirtless, his face and accent are giving me Ian Buchanan vibes. 

Chloe has the option of Brady or Rex both dudes who are incapable of keeping their shirts on and have wandering penis syndrome. 

Today was pretty boring.  

• Love 7

Her Jennifer Beals Flashdance hair and Laura Ashley type clothes aren’t working for me. The dresses look like ones they tried to give MR/Jennifer and MM/Abby that were rejected for being too frumpy kiddish.

LOL - Burn!

Yeah I'm kind of glad the Serena actress wasn't brought back to play this. Sarah isn't working. I say stick her in the hospital and let her become friends with Kayla...Lord knows Kayla could use one.

More Marlena and Will scenes please.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I feel Chad has a right to some of his anger but that he hated Charlotte is all on him.

Yep, I completely agree. Chad needs to reconcile with how he treated an innocent baby, too. Just taking off Stephano's ring isn't enough. 

• Love 5

I used to like Hope. At least I think I did.  These days, I wonder how that ever was possible.  Today's teary scenes with Rafe were embarrassing.  As mentioned upthread, Sami is going to be too busy sitting at EJ's bedside to spend time with Rafe. Besides he'll be too busy keeping an eye on troubled Johnny.   

Stupid excuse to get him out of Salem, but if it's step one in a permanent breakup of Rope, I'll take it.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So that when Leo turns up dead, for real this time, Sonny will be on the suspect list.  Oh, and Will has said the same kind of comment to several different people.  So, don't just call Sonny out.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

So that when Leo turns up dead, for real this time, Sonny will be on the suspect list.  Oh, and Will has said the same kind of comment to several different people.  So, don't just call Sonny out.

Good catch about a possible anvil re Leo's destiny - hadn't thought of that. Hmmmm. 

• Love 3

It’ll probably wind up being Xander who kills him, but who cares since in Salem no one pays consequences or stays dead. 

Even Marlena was like “meh who gives a shit?” when reminded Xander almost fatally shot her and walks free. 

I guess it could be Leo’s mystery mom that his husband, who looks more like AMC Tad during his Dixie era by the day & Will who seems to have the same “I’m just here for the check/I lost a bet”-itis that Chad’s actor has keep droning on about. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I had actually forgotten about Will making a similar comment.  But Sonny is the one physically almost killed Leo, showed little to no remorse about it after it happened, and now wishes he had been successful in ending someone's life.  Not a good look, IMO.

And I hope they don't do a dumb whodunit with Leo.  Just let Will and Sonny foil his scheme and let him slink out of town.

• Love 3

Sami has a billion family members, but she needs Rafe to come look after Johnny? The cop who hates his father? Sounds like Johnny is going Dimera, may be Sami should have called Will, Theo or Chad instead of someone not even related. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Sami has a billion family members, but she needs Rafe to come look after Johnny? The cop who hates his father? Sounds like Johnny is going Dimera, may be Sami should have called Will, Theo or Chad instead of someone not even related. 

Lol, a billion family members and hundreds of millions of dollars.  Seriously Rafe is the only one who can help?  Yes, I understand that Lucas may have his hands full with Allie but he can't help out with Johnny too?  Lucas and Sami can't tag team the twins?  Isn't EJ slowly recovering, does Sami need to hold vigil by his bedside, she can't work out a schedule to help with Johnny?

Hell, send Johnny to Salem, I'm sure Grandpa Roman and Grandpa John can straighten him out.  Or big brother Will, Uncles Eric, Uncle Rex, Uncle Chad.  Part of me understands Rafe but considering him and Sami sleeping together it just seems like an odd request from Sami, especially if Lucas is also there.

• Love 10

This business with Rafe leaving town to help Johnny out of the blue got me thinking - couldn't they have done the same thing for Steve and Kayla? If they wanted SN off the show, why not just say he had to go help Stephanie with some serious life problem or something? Leaving him in jail off camera for too long was too depressing a solution, so I think they were right to have Steve released...but then having him stay away from his wife out of spite? So stupid, especially considering they spent months focusing on the fact that Steve had already abandonned Kayla for years when he came back for the 50th.

.... I mean, Rafe isn't even leaving the show and they're giving him this believable excuse to be off camera.

The way Corday or whoever in charge uses their power to trash characters is really deplorable. Why should viewers even watch if backstage squabbles are going to shape the course of these characters' narratives?

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:21 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Wow, I almost forgot her. She was off the show as a little girl. I THINK her mom was Liz Chandler (Gloria Loring's character). Neil Curtis was her dad.

Liz  Chandler who is Noelle's mother was also married to Tony Dimera. Tony was obsessed with her.  She was also kidnapped and terrorized by Stefano. Stefano tried to kill Neil with a bomb to keep her in line as his spy.  Stefano did not just target the Brady family back in the day.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Lol, a billion family members and hundreds of millions of dollars.  Seriously Rafe is the only one who can help?  Yes, I understand that Lucas may have his hands full with Allie but he can't help out with Johnny too?  Lucas and Sami can't tag team the twins?  Isn't EJ slowly recovering, does Sami need to hold vigil by his bedside, she can't work out a schedule to help with Johnny?

Hell, send Johnny to Salem, I'm sure Grandpa Roman and Grandpa John can straighten him out.  Or big brother Will, Uncles Eric, Uncle Rex, Uncle Chad.  Part of me understands Rafe but considering him and Sami sleeping together it just seems like an odd request from Sami, especially if Lucas is also there.

This makes ZERO sense, I agree. But if it frees Hope for even a little while? Then let Rafe fly away, baby!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

This makes ZERO sense, I agree. But if it frees Hope for even a little while? Then let Rafe fly away, baby!

Well put.

And I just thought that this might be Sami's version of a cautionary tale for Johnny.  

When Rafe gets there, she can point to him and tell Johnny, "See, kid, if you don't straighten out you could just grow up to be a Grade A putz like Rafe here".

And there's Johnny, scared straight.  It's drastic but it just might do the trick!

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Liz  Chandler who is Noelle's mother was also married to Tony Dimera. Tony was obsessed with her. 

Wasn't Tony also obsessed with Anna & Renee (who IIRC turned out to be his 1/2 sister)?

• Love 2

Now that Kate Mansi is back, am I actually expected to forget that Abigail slept with EJ?

I was able to forget this indiscretion when Marci Miller was in the role, but EJ and the cabin and the shower and the closet is all I see when I see Kate Mansi. Ugh.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, bantering said:

EJ and the cabin and the shower and the closet is all I see when I see Kate Mansi. Ugh.

I wasn't watching at that time, so thankfully I don't see those images in my head when I see KM.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I wasn't watching at that time, so thankfully I don't see those images in my head when I see KM.

Good then you don’t have to see her sex face closed eyes and gaping open mouth that made her look like the Ghostface killer from Scream

• Love 6

Another thing from Friday I liked and forgot to mention - that there were extras in the pub who were clearly watching and being entertained by Sarah and Rex's fight.  That's something I love in British soaps, that the pub is always packed with people who watch and react to fights, slaps, etc.  So it was kinda cool to see a shade of it here in the states.

• Love 10

I liked that too - the extras.  I know the show can't afford multiple elaborate sets anymore, but it's the extras (pun intended) that make a scene better. 

I did wish we could at least see the dart board they were supposedly throwing the darts at. Even just a shot at the end of the scene to show a dart board existed. But then again, it probably didn't exist.

Another thing from Friday, or maybe Thursday, was all the double entendres.  I guess if you're 12 they'd be funny, but I just rolled my eyes at them.  But I don't have much of a sense of humour, so maybe it was just me. 🙂

• Love 2

Rex barely bumped into Chloe and she was so dramatic 😅

Rex is a dog yet I find him more likable than Sarah.   

Sami really does have a hold on Rafe.  

Sheila was really dumb giving fake John Black access whatever simple because he was good looking and flirting with her.  Isn’t she supposed to be Street smart.  Although why are government leaders sending sensitive info to private email?  Have you learned nothing? 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, bantering said:

Now that Kate Mansi is back, am I actually expected to forget that Abigail slept with EJ?

I was able to forget this indiscretion when Marci Miller was in the role, but EJ and the cabin and the shower and the closet is all I see when I see Kate Mansi. Ugh.

Not to mention Abigail using Johnny to make cookies so she could get close to EJ.

• Love 5