Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I just have some random thoughts.  Jack and Eve aren't sleeping together yet they're sharing a hotel room? 

I miss the writers who had Jack giving Jennifer grief over Dannifer. But in spite of that, I did like some of the dialogue.  The Jack thinking Jennifer is crazy for wanting to be with them is vintage Jack.  As was the Jack who pointed out that maybe he's not the family man Jennifer wants to be with as I've always felt like there was part of Jennifer who wanted to be with, or felt she should be with, someone a bit more traditional than Jack. 

I miss Steve. 

Yeah, is Jack sleeping on the floor or a futon? So many questions so little answers,

• Love 2

A few more things--Kayla and Eve's conversation was decent until Eve said Kayla should be worried about Jack running around.  I appreciate the show ending the era when the show wanted us all to forget about Jack's past but they don't have to shoehorn the rape into every conversation.  And it definitely felt shoehorned in there.  Eve knows darn well the days of Kayla living in fear of Jack or running into Jack are decades in the past at this point.

And another--I thought Stefan essentially raped Abby so why was the talk today about "betrayal?" 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Joey (the only Brady or Horton who has been allowed to spend more than five minutes in jail) and Stephanie. The fact that you don’t even know who her kids are speaks volumes.

In the show's defense, I've only been back for a few years. I watched for some years in the late 90's/early 00's, but I barely remember it. But in any case, yea, they don't seem to ever really bring either of them up. Once you said who they were I remembered, but only because they've been discussed here occasionally.

8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding the 15yrs gap. Are people refering to Lindsay and Greg real ages?

Yes. Someone mentioned there being a huge age gap and I said in real life there's a 15 year one but on the show they're meant to be the same/close in age.

6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And another--I thought Stefan essentially raped Abby so why was the talk today about "betrayal?" 

We're not supposed to think of it as rape. Except for the times when we are. LOL.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

If I remember correctly, when Lindsey first came on, Sarah was talking about growing up with Sami and Eric.

Last time I saw Sarah, she was a candy striper and was Carrie's age (they were friends IIRC), making her character several years older than Eric. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

So today’s episode convinced me that Kayla’s next storyline will be the reveal that she is sniffing something from the hospital pharmacy because on what planet does she think someone trying to talk to Rve like a human being and show actual concern for the poison she is putting into the atmosphere and her own existence would matter to a venomous, hateful, vindictive *itch like Eve.

Also, I would love if Kayla were allowed to play mother to her own children rather than the children of her rapist and the pitiful progeny of other characters (in case you ahvenet guessed, I don’t like Sarah or the actress who plays her, just another of the one-note, forgettable actors Days keeps bringing to our screens.).  By the way, how much older is Greg Vaughn than that actress because I’m guessing at least fifteen to twenty years, not a good look show.

Is it just me, or does Missy look and carry herself as if she is twenty years younger when she is acting opposite Matt?

Yesterday made it clear that Kayla is now reduced to an Alice Horton or Caroline Brady kind of role -- as the wise older truth-teller to the younger people going through stuff. Which is a crime. #bringbackpatch

Melissa is alive and glowing in these scenes -- and Jack reacted so Jack-like: "Why would you want to pursue an ill-fated affair, Miss Horton?" I hope this isn't toooo drawn out, but I'm here for their getting back together in a mini-version of their original story. 

Billy Flynn's declining enthusiasm for this role is sad to watch, but I did see a few nice nuances in his scenes with Abs yesterday. He says a lot with those baby-blues. I enjoyed their scenes yesterday. 

• Love 6

How the show handled Will approaching John for help with Leo was weird.  I would have liked it much more if Will had just manned up and talked to him directly instead of asking Marlena to hold his hand through it.  It's like Adrienne constantly coddling Sonny, it makes both these characters feel arrested, the show doesn't let them stand on their own two feet as grown-up, adult men.

OMG Xander considering the banana after the text from Leo cracked me up.  It reminded me - because I just watched these scenes again - of a scene on OLTL where Kyle shows up at Fish's asking if he was in the mood for pigs in a blanket.  Dirty flirty!

Still liking Rex.

• Love 6

LOL Xander has no shame, he wants Sarah so bad. Looks like TPTBs are laying the groundwork for these two as an actual pairing. This is a positive sign for LG and her character.

Edited by sweetautumn
adding more stuff
  • Love 7

Leo doesn't take no for an answer, does he?  :) Somebody would even say "queen".

When Sarah came into the room, a door slammed.  Where was she coming from?  She isn't dressed like she was outside.

An interesting day today.  JJ shirtless, Rex shirtless, Xander shirtless (but covered up)...

Spoiler

Hm. Xander thinks Nicole is dead.

Ooh, Melinda shading Hope.  Yaaas.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

How the show handled Will approaching John for help with Leo was weird.  I would have liked it much more if Will had just manned up and talked to him directly instead of asking Marlena to hold his hand through it.  It's like Adrienne constantly coddling Sonny, it makes both these characters feel arrested, the show doesn't let them stand on their own two feet as grown-up, adult men.

I was okay with Will's hesitation about asking for John's help because he feels badly about how he handled the situation with Paul and I like that Marlena couldn't help speaking up on Will's behalf because she can't help wanting to fix things.  John's making sure to tell Will that he's family too was rather sweet--And Kiss Me Kate's a great musical :):)

And as much as I like Haley's talking to Marlena about her personal problems, I think I'd rather see Marlena trying to help Gabi with her anger issues--is that going to get swept by the wayside?

I'm having a hard time with Rex because I don't think he's particularly cute or interesting, and I don't care about his wanting to win back Sarah who is also kind of boring.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was okay with Will's hesitation about asking for John's help because he feels badly about how he handled the situation with Paul

And I wish the show had just had Will say that to John directly - "Hey, I know things are a little awkward because of how I handled things with Paul, let's talk it out" - without having had Marlena buck him into it.  But oh well.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Leo doesn't take no for an answer, does he?  :) Somebody would even say "queen".

When Sarah came into the room, a door slammed.  Where was she coming from?  She isn't dressed like she was outside.

An interesting day today.  JJ shirtless, Rex shirtless, Xander shirtless (but covered up)...

Hide contents

Hm. Xander thinks Nicole is dead.

LOL....yes, all the shirtless men today.  And I thought Xander & Sarah had sparks.  Leo is persistant :)  And I did love Trask calling out Hope in her rant to Abe.  I am enjoying the character of Hayley. 

• Love 4

I thought it was a little inappropriate for Rex to have his shirt off. Yes, he is at his brother's place, but at least put a t-shirt or other shirt on. No need to be topless.

Xander is a hoot. Finding Leo and then his adventures with the banana.

Good for Trask for taking Hope to task. She is right that Ben can sue for harassment.

Marlena, you would be better off working with Gabi to deal with her anger, her mistreatment, etc. Haley may be a nice kid but that's it. Until her connection to Trask comes out. Cop JJ sure got to the bottom of her being Trask's sister in no time.

Will, you are probably 25 or so years old now. You can certainly talk to John on your own.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was okay with Will's hesitation about asking for John's help because he feels badly about how he handled the situation with Paul and I like that Marlena couldn't help speaking up on Will's behalf because she can't help wanting to fix things.  John's making sure to tell Will that he's family too was rather sweet--And Kiss Me Kate's a great musical :):)

And as much as I like Haley's talking to Marlena about her personal problems, I think I'd rather see Marlena trying to help Gabi with her anger issues--is that going to get swept by the wayside?

I'm having a hard time with Rex because I don't think he's particularly cute or interesting, and I don't care about his wanting to win back Sarah who is also kind of boring.

I think Rex and his waxed body and faux tan was supposed to be sexy. Um, no. I think Greg Vaughn kept his shirt on because all the other guys were shirtless today. I think Xander has the biggest chest in daytime. I think RC is fantasying and is like a kid in candy store. Jeez! Grow up a little, man! LOL!!!! I think the character of Rex is unnecessary and so is Sarah. She is sooooooo dull. Her hair drives me crazy. It’s so mousy looking.  I know woman have brown hair but hers looks unflattering. 

• Love 3
On 1/14/2019 at 8:28 PM, buffynut said:

It pains me to say this, and I don't want anyone to lose their job, but if the show isn't going to bring Steve back, they might as well send Kayla to wherever he is, because without Steve, or her kids, there's really no need for Kayla. 

Someone has to run the hospital - singlehandedly man the ER and personally cover all specialties from oncology to trauma to rare infectious diseases.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think Rex and his waxed body and faux tan was supposed to be sexy. Um, no. I think Greg Vaughn kept his shirt on because all the other guys were shirtless today. I think Xander has the biggest chest in daytime. I think RC is fantasying and is like a kid in candy store. Jeez! Grow up a little, man! LOL!!!! I think the character of Rex is unnecessary and so is Sarah. She is sooooooo dull. Her hair drives me crazy. It’s so mousy looking.  I know woman have brown hair but hers looks unflattering. 

If Sarah's out then the show's losing a female in this age group, which is definitely needed. She was made to be stalker needy because the writers throw the new kid immediately with someone as usual, not to mention this is the guy who lost the love of his life recently.  Sarah's certainly not dull.  She's a feisty one. What is really needed to be done here is giving a new shift of focus in her character. And today's a good start. This could be a golden opportunity for the writers to reconsider their initial plan for the character (LG was brought on to the show as a love interest for GV). And judging by the little scenes of Sarah/Xander from today's episode, I think they probably do.    

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Finally...someone who sees exactly what we've all been seeing.

9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm having a hard time with Rex because I don't think he's particularly cute or interesting

Totally agree. The tongue jewelry doesn't do him any favors either, esp. with his speech.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Ron must've lost his mind when all the guys were lined up in front of him without their shirts.  He took notes and everything.  So many guys parading around without their shirts in January.  In Illinois.  It's unrealistic.

Then, that scene with Xander and the banana -- my mouth actually dropped open with that one.  Ron needs to stop writing out his fantasies.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Finally...someone who sees exactly what we've all been seeing.

Totally agree. The tongue jewelry doesn't do him any favors either, esp. with his speech.

Although, he's much better looking now then he was back in the day. HIs face did him no favors then. He has grown in to his face if that makes sense.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Ron must've lost his mind when all the guys were lined up in front of him without their shirts.  He took notes and everything.  So many guys parading around without their shirts in January.  In Illinois.  It's unrealistic.

Then, that scene with Xander and the banana -- my mouth actually dropped open with that one.  Ron needs to stop writing out his fantasies.

Why is it that only daytime's sole openly gay headwriter who is subjected to comments like this? The straight headwriters of the other soaps are also not averse to trotting out shirtless men as eye candy (just this past year, both Y&R and B&B made their newest hires play models wearing very little) and at most they're accused of wrongly assuming this is what the audience wants to see. And when the women strip down to even less than Rex, JJ or Xander were wearing today, there are zero comments about lecherous Brad Bell or Mal Young salivating over them.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

The tongue jewelry doesn't do him any favors either, esp. with his speech.

Rex has a tongue piercing? I never even noticed.

3 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I don't think it's unrealistic tbh. I've seen men walk around their houses with no shirts and shorts in the middle of winter. They're inside their house! Hell, I see men walk around outside in shorts in winter all the time. Now that's stupid, but it happens lol.

I do think that RC has a tendency to come off like he's trying to play out his fantasies with all these shirtless guys. It seemed worse on OLTL with the Fords than it does here though.

But honestly, sometimes I wish they'd just keep their shirts on. I hate Xander's huge chest and Rex's looks weird as hell and just not normal lol. 

• Love 3

My 95 year old mother who's not feeling great at the moment commented, "Put your shirt on" during Tuesday's show.

Subtlety is nice.  Why have every guy roaming around without a shirt?  It was upstaging the acting (maybe that's why it happened).  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think it's unrealistic tbh. I've seen men walk around their houses with no shirts and shorts in the middle of winter. They're inside their house!

I do think that RC has a tendency to come off like he's trying to play out his fantasies with all these shirtless guys. It seemed worse on OLTL with the Fords than it does here though.

Exactly.  It's not like Eric and Rex are jogging through Horton Square shirtless in January.  They're in their homes, Rex and Xander IIRC had just woken up, I don't think it's that outrageous.  And maybe Salem is just a town that runs hot! ;)

Granted, Ron can go overboard with it sometimes - the Fords on OLTL really were the nadir of this tendency, IMO.  Or maybe that time on "General Hospital" Nathan cooked breakfast in just tiny boxer briefs, something nobody has ever done ever - but shirtless dudes is not exactly a new concept on soap operas.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Aymery said:

Why is it that only daytime's sole openly gay headwriter who is subjected to comments like this? The straight headwriters of the other soaps are also not averse to trotting out shirtless men as eye candy (just this past year, both Y&R and B&B made their newest hires play models wearing very little) and at most they're accused of wrongly assuming this is what the audience wants to see. And when the women strip down to even less than Rex, JJ or Xander were wearing today, there are zero comments about lecherous Brad Bell or Mal Young salivating over them.

Thank you!!!! Sexualized men and women on soaps is no new thing. 

If I'm going to speculate on Ron's influence, I can actually appreciate the "gay" influence/perspective we are getting with the Leo character and his interactions, especially with Xander.

I think about a year ago we had a really interesting healthy discussion on this board about "stereotypes" versus "culture", specifically in regard to the gay characters. I haven't always loved Leo, but I am liking the direction and interactions we are getting with him. 

One thing that gave me pause this episode was Sarah's expounding on how everything comes easy for Rex. 

1) It reminded me how we haven't gotten much character development from Rex in his brief time onscreen. 

2) Also it reminded me of the duality of Rex's character. Rex has always been incredibly attractive as well as having a genius level intelligence. The other side of that is he was a test tube baby who was held captive by Stefano for the first 18 years of his life.

I need to see a good mix of Rex's past and who he is now as a man, and possibly how those experiences have brought him to this point. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Aymery said:

Why is it that only daytime's sole openly gay headwriter who is subjected to comments like this? The straight headwriters of the other soaps are also not averse to trotting out shirtless men as eye candy

Ryan Murphy (of Glee, American Horror Story, etc) has the same tendency to get his young male cast as shirtless as possible. 

As a gay man, I appreciate a nice male body, but at times, it can definitely feel a bit exploitive. 

That said, I do enjoy that RC is playing up the homoerotic tones of Xander and Leo. That's an angle that rarely, if ever, gets explored on American television, and it would be a cool twist if Xander was at least curious, haha

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Aymery said:

Why is it that only daytime's sole openly gay headwriter who is subjected to comments like this? The straight headwriters of the other soaps are also not averse to trotting out shirtless men as eye candy

Ryan Murphy (of Glee, American Horror Story, etc) has the same tendency to get his young male cast as shirtless as possible. 

As a gay man, I appreciate a nice male body, but at times, it can definitely feel a bit exploitive. 

That said, I do enjoy that RC is playing up the homoerotic tones of Xander and Leo. That's an angle that rarely, if ever, gets explored on American television, and it would be a cool twist if Xander was at least curious, haha

• Love 2

BTW! I totally thought Xander was going to give in and gave Leo a big ole kiss on the lips. I do wonder if they'll go there and how would the fan reaction be?! I don't recall any soaps ever having a supposedly straight character having sex with a gay character just for the heck of it or being backmailed to do so. That said, they gay popluation on soaps is limited to begin with.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

BTW! I totally thought Xander was going to give in and gave Leo a big ole kiss on the lips. I do wonder if they'll go there and how would the fan reaction be?! I don't recall any soaps ever having a supposedly straight character having sex with a gay character just for the heck of it or being backmailed to do so. That said, they gay popluation on soaps is limited to being with.

There was an attempt to force straight Michael on GH into a gay relationship via blackmail, but that didn't happen.

Edited by Silver Raven
Yet again previously posts multiple times for me.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I don't recall any soaps ever having a supposedly straight character having sex with a gay character just for the heck of it or being backmailed to do so. That said, they gay popluation on soaps is limited to being with.

I'm pretty sure Y&R did it, wasn't there some drama where an actor got fired over it?

8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

There was an attempt to force straight Michael on GH into a gay relationship via blackmail, but that didn't happen.

Yeah that story was gross.  Brad was trying to blackmail Michael over his kiss with his then-cousin Kiki, who was dating his brother Morgan.  And then later, Felix - who Michael barely knew - had Michael insinuate that he would sleep with Brad so Felix could help Sabrina - a person Michael had never met - get some dirt on Britt.  Not good all around.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm pretty sure Y&R did it, wasn't there some drama where an actor got fired over it?

Chris Engen was the actor portraying Adam Newman, and his character, to gain an advantage, decided to profess an attraction and have sex with a gay character on the show.  Chris wasn't happy with his character's increasing darkness and balked at doing the storyline.  He quit/was fired and the role was immediately filled by Michael Muhney, who himself left the role under a cloud of talked about though never proved, sexual harrassment.

It was said that Chris wouldn't do the storyline because he was homophobic, something Chris denied in a later statement.  I haven't a clue what is true.  But this was a "gay for a payoff" storyline, that's for sure.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Back to today's "Days", while I can certainly understand Chad's POV when it comes to Gabi...shut up, Chad.  His bellowing about being a better man now (why?  Because he's throwing money at his problems?), his threatening to demolish her (ill-defined) business while high-horse-ily claiming it wasn't revenge, whatever, dude.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

BTW! I totally thought Xander was going to give in and gave Leo a big ole kiss on the lips. I do wonder if they'll go there and how would the fan reaction be?! I don't recall any soaps ever having a supposedly straight character having sex with a gay character just for the heck of it or being backmailed to do so. That said, they gay popluation on soaps is limited to begin with.

They already have a fanbase.  Sure, it’s mostly because of people wanting to see Xander’s huge chest and Ron’s constant pimping on Twitter, but still.  Folks are excited about Xander and Leo.

That was a weird opening, considering the entire beginning of the show was from yesterday.  The scene of Sarah telling Eric that Xander was in town was even followed by another scene of Eric coming to the Kiriakis mansion to beat up Xander.  Why do so much rerunning of scenes?

Have we ever had verification before that Salem really is in Illinois?  I noticed an Illinois state map on Hope's wall.

Chloe didn't come to Eric's place to see him, and didn't know Rex was there?  What was she planning on doing, breaking in?

"Salem is starting to look like the walking dead."

Yay, Gabi!

Princess Abigail has no business telling other people they're not good people.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

That was a weird opening, considering the entire beginning of the show was from yesterday.  The scene of Sarah telling Eric that Xander was in town was even followed by another scene of Eric coming to the Kiriakis mansion to beat up Xander.  Why do so much rerunning of scenes?

I feel like they do this a lot but yea today was an extreme example. Maybe they cut a lot of scenes and had to fill the gaps?

Gabi was amazing today. First of all, she looked amazing. But also everything she said was on point. I'm so glad they don't have her crying and begging for forgiveness. I love that she's still pissed about what Abigail did to her, that she got away with it completely, and that everyone expects Gabi to just accept that. Chad, on the other hand, can fuck right off. Over him. I guess at least BF seemed like he was awake today and he mumbled less than usual.

I'm over Eric. He's such a debbie downer. Just bring Nicole back, let them get together, and then put them on the back burner for a bit.

Eli looked good. 

I skipped the Abigail/Kate scenes because I don't give a fuck about either of them.

I continue to like Rex. Him and Chloe were together when he was playing Brady, right? They had an easy chemistry. I think maybe I'd prefer they explore Chloe/Rex rather than Chloe/Brady.

If anything else happened I don't remember it lol.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Chloe didn't come to Eric's place to see him, and didn't know Rex was there?  What was she planning on doing, breaking in?

2 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Surely Eric did not give Chloe a key.

I assumed she didn't mean she didn't even expect Eric to be there, just that she wasn't looking for him specifically. She just came for dirty kitty.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I assumed she didn't mean she didn't even expect Eric to be there, just that she wasn't looking for him specifically. She just came for dirty kitty.

How was she going to get dirty kitty unless she saw someone anyone unless she broke in.

• Love 3

I wonder if the show is actually going to acknowledge Eric's growing anger issues and developing propensity to physically assault men who upset him? I know it's not, but I wish it would. Speaking of Eric, Rex said Eric is able to connect with people. I'm not sure if that's ever been true since Greg Vaughn has portrayed the character. To be fair, I don't think any of the younger generation characters seem to connect with others, but Eric definitely does not have that ability. While I would say Marlena definitely does, none of her children seemed to inherit that gift. 

I can't decide if Kate apologizing to Abby was out of character or not. I initially was surprised and wanted to say it was, but Ron does seem to what to soften her character. I'm not sure why as I don't actually think Kate works as a soft character, but it seems he is. Besides from that, their scene seemed pointless. Lauren Koslow also seems checked out and has seemed that way since the Leo reveal.

Speaking of Leo, I know I'm late but since it was still featured in the episode today I thought I would way in on the Leo/Xander will they/won't they. I actually would not want Xander to have sex with Leo. However, I would have no problem and think it was entirely in character for Xander to use Leo's attraction to him to manipulate Leo. I could see Xander intentionally walking around Leo with no shirt and manipulate Leo's marriage to Sonny for Xander's benefit as Leo ogles Xander's body. I could even see Xander being touchy feely with Leo and constantly insinuating things to Leo while not ever delivering. Actually, if anyone remembers the E.J./Will scenes, I could see Xander/Leo like an older version of those two. the E.J./Will actors always portrayed the characters, intentionally or not, as Will being secretly in love with E.J. and E.J. using this to his advantage. I remember one scene in particular where E.J. bends over in front and Wll and places his face near Will's while asking Will to do something nefarious. That dynamic would be just as interesting and fun with Xander/Leo.

Next, I had to laugh at Eli's 5 seconds of screentime, and his Walking Dead comment. I know Eli is still relatively new in town, but he should know by now that 80 percent of Salem's resident's have come back from the dead...at least twice. Then again, he's so isolated from the rest of Salem that he probably still hasn't met any of them.

The Chloe/Rex scenes were nice. I hope they actually develop into something.

Beside from that, I'm ready for February sweeps. While I don't actively hate anything on the show right now, I don't necessarily feel engaged either.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

How was she going to get dirty kitty unless she saw someone anyone unless she broke in.

She only responded that way because Rex informed her Eric wasn't there. She was expecting Eric to open the door. 

Chloe telling Rex she wasn't there to see Eric was just her way of telling Rex she just needed to grab something of Holly's. 

29 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I wonder if the show is actually going to acknowledge Eric's growing anger issues and developing propensity to physically assault men who upset him? I know it's not, but I wish it would. Speaking of Eric, Rex said Eric is able to connect with people. I'm not sure if that's ever been true since Greg Vaughn has portrayed the character. To be fair, I don't think any of the younger generation characters seem to connect with others, but Eric definitely does not have that ability. While I would say Marlena definitely does, none of her children seemed to inherit that gift. 

I can't decide if Kate apologizing to Abby was out of character or not. I initially was surprised and wanted to say it was, but Ron does seem to what to soften her character. I'm not sure why as I don't actually think Kate works as a soft character, but it seems he is. Besides from that, their scene seemed pointless. Lauren Koslow also seems checked out and has seemed that way since the Leo reveal.

Speaking of Leo, I know I'm late but since it was still featured in the episode today I thought I would way in on the Leo/Xander will they/won't they. I actually would not want Xander to have sex with Leo. However, I would have no problem and think it was entirely in character for Xander to use Leo's attraction to him to manipulate Leo. I could see Xander intentionally walking around Leo with no shirt and manipulate Leo's marriage to Sonny for Xander's benefit as Leo ogles Xander's body. I could even see Xander being touchy feely with Leo and constantly insinuating things to Leo while not ever delivering. Actually, if anyone remembers the E.J./Will scenes, I could see Xander/Leo like an older version of those two. the E.J./Will actors always portrayed the characters, intentionally or not, as Will being secretly in love with E.J. and E.J. using this to his advantage. I remember one scene in particular where E.J. bends over in front and Wll and places his face near Will's while asking Will to do something nefarious. That dynamic would be just as interesting and fun with Xander/Leo.

Next, I had to laugh at Eli's 5 seconds of screentime, and his Walking Dead comment. I know Eli is still relatively new in town, but he should know by now that 80 percent of Salem's resident's have come back from the dead...at least twice. Then again, he's so isolated from the rest of Salem that he probably still hasn't met any of them.

Beside from that, I'm ready for February sweeps. While I don't actively hate anything on the show right now, I don't necessarily feel engaged either.

Actually Eric has been an unofficial therapist to a few people since his return; Jennifer, JJ, and there were even a few scenes of he and Chloe talking.   

I really can't warm up to Eric and Sarah, she is just way to possessive. She really had the nerve to tell Rex he couldn't come with her to help HIS brother. That is what is really missing from this dynamic is there is no real acknowledgement for the "brother" dynamic. It's like Sarah is claiming dibs on Eric and expecting Rex to find another brother to hang with. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I did too.  I thought Chloe had more sparkle in her acting than she's had in quite some time and Rex did too.  It may be only a one off, but those two worked well together.  I like Kyle Lowder no matter who he's playing so it was nice to finally ENJOY him in a scene.

4 hours ago, tribeca said:

So Rex helped move Mimi and their baby to Chicago just to leave them? 

That's the smartest thing Rex could have done, installing Mimi in another city and then hotfooting it the hell away.  Our Rex is a double D dawg, no matter how much he says he loves Sarah and I'm fine with that.  Salem could do worse than a male lead who isn't either an absolute sleaze (StefanO!), a holier-than-thou pain in the ass (take your pick, Rafe or currently, Chad and Eric), a rage monkey (Brady and Eric doing double duty) or the Chicken Little Twins (Will and Sonny).  If we never see Gigi-I-mean-Mimi again it will be too soon.

Eric Eric Eric, if you're going to have all these anger issues, then can you, instead of waving around that knife, challenge Xander to a bout of Greco-Roman wrestling?  That's one way of settling the issue that would keep my eyes glued to the screen.

Added bonus, it would keep Eric's mouth shut.  Lately, Greg Vaughn has been emoting like he's been seriously coached on his acting skills by Susan Seaforth Hayes.  More is less, Greg, more is less.  Now you and Xander, hit the mat!

Speaking of hitting, I was all for Gabi using her stiletto on Chad where the sun don't shine.  I'm hoping he slips and falls off that high horse he's on real soon.

I know Kate wants to make it up to Abigail for Chad's sake more than anything else, but after 3 minutes with that little snip I wish she'd just muttered, "oh the hell with it" and tossed her in the river ala Nick.  

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, boes said:

I did too.  I thought Chloe had more sparkle in her acting than she's had in quite some time and Rex did too.  It may be only a one off, but those two worked well together.  I like Kyle Lowder no matter who he's playing so it was nice to finally ENJOY him in a scene.

That's the smartest thing Rex could have done, installing Mimi in another city and then hotfooting it the hell away.  Our Rex is a double D dawg, no matter how much he says he loves Sarah and I'm fine with that.  Salem could do worse than a male lead who isn't either an absolute sleaze (StefanO!), a holier-than-thou pain in the ass (take your pick, Rafe or currently, Chad and Eric), a rage monkey (Brady and Eric doing double duty) or the Chicken Little Twins (Will and Sonny).  If we never see Gigi-I-mean-Mimi again it will be too soon.

Eric Eric Eric, if you're going to have all these anger issues, then can you, instead of waving around that knife, challenge Xander to a bout of Greco-Roman wrestling?  That's one way of settling the issue that would keep my eyes glued to the screen.

Added bonus, it would keep Eric's mouth shut.  Lately, Greg Vaughn has been emoting like he's been seriously coached on his acting skills by Susan Seaforth Hayes.  More is less, Greg, more is less.  Now you and Xander, hit the mat!

Speaking of hitting, I was all for Gabi using her stiletto on Chad where the sun don't shine.  I'm hoping he slips and falls off that high horse he's on real soon.

I know Kate wants to make it up to Abigail for Chad's sake more than anything else, but after 3 minute with that little snip I wish she'd just muttered, "oh the hell with it" and tossed her in the river ala Nick.  

Ditto regarding Kate. I was waiting for Kate to either mention how Abby almost killed her and did kill her husband. He'll, she has done more to Kate than Kate has done to her. If Abby can call "even" with Gaby she certainly can reflect on what she did to Kate. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, boes said:

That's the smartest thing Rex could have done, installing Mimi in another city and then hotfooting it the hell away.  Our Rex is a double D dawg, no matter how much he says he loves Sarah and I'm fine with that.

Yeah, didn't he admit that he considered hooking up with Gigi Mimi again while they were both in Chicago?  I thought that type of candor was kinda refreshing.  I dunno, his dawg-ness kinda makes him more real, in a weird way.

I did like him with Chloe too.  And I want to see him with Kate some more, I liked their scenes together previously.  And it would spare Kate from more time in the Abigail/Chad sphere.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Ugh, Sarah.  Again, she is totally within her rights to hate Rex's guts forever (her snapping "You, lose my number" was actually a very soapy moment from Linsey Godfrey), and he probably was also hoping to see her/spend time with her, but again, Rex is Eric's brother, he's allowed to check up on him, he's allowed to be around him.  Sarah seems to think she has that right exclusively and that is very annoying.  But I did like the lighter moment the three had when they were playing darts at the pub.

The reveal that Xander had already prepped himself an escape hatch by charming Sheila with TLC and his subsequent in your face-ing to Hope was super fun and satisfying.  As I've said before, Xander really is everything the show thought Stefan O. would be, but is not.

Speaking of, also super fun and satisfying was Gabi not giving an inch with Stefan. O and threatening him back with that fire poker.  I am loving Gabi so damn much.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

Can I say that Gabi is looking gorgeously on point?  I love how her hair is styled and the black flower print dress is fabulous.  I'm also loving how she yelled at Stefan and threatened him with the exact same fireplace poker he scared her with--it does seem as though the show is setting up a hate/hate relationship with Stefan and Gabi and I'm slightly intrigued by it.  I did like Chad's telling Gabi not to kill Stefan because he's not worth it.  The cold disdain, it burns :):)

Sheila is an idiot, easily falling for the most ridiculously smarmy lines.  So much for being so street smart.

Good for Rafe for pointing out how blind Hope is being regarding Ben and her obsession with getting rid of him--despite his many flaws, Rafe is a good brother.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12