Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I laughed that we never got to see the face of the person who brought JJ the Narcan.

God, Abigail is so smug in everything she does.

Did Haley say she was pregnant? Shouldn't somebody be monitoring a person who just tried to commit suicide? I mean, JJ is, but he's not on duty, and could leave whenever he wants to

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Although I didn't mind as much during that final scene with Stefan O. "Merry Christmas, you son of a bitch," indeed!

I did love that. But yea otherwise Abigail is completely insufferable and she makes it impossible to ever root for her.

46 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Haley say she was pregnant? Shouldn't somebody be monitoring a person who just tried to commit suicide? I mean, JJ is, but he's not on duty, and could leave whenever he wants to

I didn't hear her say that but tbh I couldn't make out much of what she said. I do watch in fast mode, but still I can make out basically everything most times, minus Chad who is almost always unintelligible. As for her being monitored, the nurse who was there with JJ at first (and who I figured was the one who gave the Narcon) said something about not wanting to tell anyone about it so that the administration didn't get involved. I assume she'll come back but since JJ is there it doesn't really matter.

The actress was much better than I thought she'd be and I am interested to see what's going on with her. I just might have to watch her scenes in normal speed so I can actually understand her lol.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Someone needs to tell KM that the alleged heroine in the story shouldn't out-smug the alleged villain--Abby was so unpleasant in her scenes with Gabi in Julie's hospital room that she is not in the least bit rootable and I worry the show thinks we should be.

I already like the new nurse in her scenes with JJ--she seems to have some acting ability.  Excellent :)

To me she is coming off entitled like Abigail.

• Love 4

I hope that Abigail doesn't ditch the wig once she reveals the glory that SHE IS BACK, (can't you hear the chorus of angels now??) because I think it's a good look for her.  

She would be stepping up her game if she wore it backwards, though.

Like this....

giphy.gif

Added benefits - people might not know it's her AND all that hair would muffle her endless droning.....

I predict Stefan will get over her in record time, especially if somebody gives him a Chia pet for Christmas.

Kate Mansi's Abigail is so absolutely repellent Show should title this storyline "When Bad Things Happen to Utterly Awful People".  I hope Gabi never apologizes to that rabid kangaroo mutant.

So Abigail stops by to see Julie, who she really loves and appreciates and thinks the world of until she gets a text and then she hotfoots it outta there as fast as she can.  What a darling woman she is, you can see what the Hortons are just crazy about her.  

Or just crazy.

But we had JJ today and he was sublime, as always.  The nurse who overdosed wasn't bad at all, especially for her first scenes.  I'm glad Show is finally giving him something to do.

And Julie woke up.  They probably could have gotten her up earlier if they'd used one of those 

air horns

giphy.gif

but then how could we tell that sound from Julie's usual dulcet tones?

Hark, the Herald Angels Screech!

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Prairiemakeup said:

I really like how the writers had JJ come full circle by helping the new character and her suicide attempt. 

Yes, those were wonderful scenes with JJ speaking to the young nurse about his own suicide attempt.  I thought Casey Moss did a good job, very emotional.  And I am interested in the young nurse's story(I did not catch her name).

• Love 8

The Whos down in Whoville....

I don't recall Abigail and Julie ever being close friends - guess it's use whoever you can. Abigail now has returned to her smug, entitled self. Thought the black wig would maybe make a change - she just looked like a witch with pointy chin today. Going off on Gabi - yeah, Gabi did this to you. And you have zero proof that Gabi used the sleeping pills for you. Prescription or not, you would need a blood test or whatever to find evidence of them in your system. Gabi could easily have taken them herself for her own sleep issues.

Surprised that Doug is still able to drive at his age - usually folks in their 80s here have to get medical certification to drive every year or two.

Jen, you have Abigail to deal with. Ciara is not your problem or concern. Yes, you understand your cousin, but your cousin's daughter is an adult who can make her own choices, foolish or not. Stay out of it and Ciara and Ben will implode on their own.

A bit convenient that Julie woke up at the last minute.

Abigail, nice little present for your husband. Do you really think he will let you off that easily?

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I don't recall Abigail and Julie ever being close friends - guess it's use whoever you can. Abigail now has returned to her smug, entitled self. Thought the black wig would maybe make a change - she just looked like a witch with pointy chin today. Going off on Gabi - yeah, Gabi did this to you. And you have zero proof that Gabi used the sleeping pills for you. Prescription or not, you would need a blood test or whatever to find evidence of them in your system. Gabi could easily have taken them herself for her own sleep issues.

Julie was close to Jennifer especially around the time Jack and Jennifer fell in love. 

The only Hortons that I have seen Abby consistently being close to are Jennifer and JJ. KM's Abby was "close" to Nick and later Will for plot contrivance. In the two years that Marci was Abby, I could count on one hand the times that she interacted with her cousins in town of Will, Ciara, Claire and Eli.

Lucas? Nope.

I am sure she had scenes with Hope. Not including the times that Hope was in cop mode and question Abby about said crimes that may have witnessed or committed.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, annabel said:

I noticed this last night, but the forums were offline "Kristian Alfonso as Hope Hernandez" WWWTTTFFF?????

She and Rafe are married, sad as that is.

• Love 5

I've never seen Kate Mansi in any other role, but man she's horrible as Abigail.  I know Marci Miller was the polar opposite, and some people thought she was boring, but she did bring a vulnerability to the Abigail character.  Watching KM's Abigail, makes me sympathize with the villains, Gabi and even Stefan, and surely that's not what the writer's intended. 

• Love 14

I hope that Julie waking up means the Gabi/Gabby storyline is coming to a close soon. It will mean the end of KM embarrassingly trying to come across as sultry and sensual when she impersonates the alter persona. We also won’t have to watch CB awkwardly playing Gabi like a villain from a silent serial; she often seems to be longing for the tried and true device of long moustaches to twirl when she has to give one of those cliché villain monologues or speeches. She is written very clumsily as well, constantly whining about her fate and trying to justify her actions as a form of justice, even going as far as holding a silly dialogue with God at one point. Her constant complaint of « My loins, my poor loins have been damaged!! Woe is me!!! I’ll never be able to give my daughter a sibling. » is quite annoying.  At least they have dropped the sub-plot of that little brat Ari emotionally blackmailing her mother.

The repeated laments do not make Gabi an interesting conflicted villain, just one who does not take ownership of her actions. It cuts down much of the enjoyment I should feel at Princess Abby being tormented and manipulated into her present situation, including marrying idiot Stefan. Vivian needs to come back and give him a smack on the head to bring him to his senses about building a fantasy life with an imaginary person.

It is a constant on this show that just about all of the alleged business whizzes (Chad, Sonny, Stefan, Kate and Brady come to mind) usually behave like they borrowed their professional acumen from some junior guy in the mail room.

Edited by wurdalak
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, wurdalak said:

I hope that Julie waking up means the Gabi/Gabby storyline is coming to a close soon. It will mean the end of KM embarrassingly trying to come across as sultry and sensual when she impersonates the alter persona. We also won’t have to watch CB awkwardly playing Gabi like a villain from a silent serial; she often seems to be longing for the tried and true device of long moustaches to twirl when she has to give one of those cliché villain monologues or speeches. She is written very clumsily as well, constantly whining about her fate and trying to justify her actions as a form of justice, even going as far as holding a silly dialogue with God at one point. Her constant complaint of « My loins, my poor loins have been damaged!! Woe is me!!! I’ll never be able to give my daughter a sibling. » is quite annoying.  At least they have dropped the sub-plot of that little brat Ari emotionally blackmailing her mother.

The repeated laments do not make Gabi an interesting conflicted villain, just one who does not take ownership of her actions. It cuts down much of the enjoyment I should feel at Princess Abby being tormented and manipulated into her present situation, including marrying idiot Stefan. Vivian needs to come back and give him a smack on the head to bring him to his senses about building a fantasy life with an imaginary person.

It is a constant on this show that just about all of the alleged business whizzes (Chad, Sonny, Stefan, Kate and Brady come to mind) usually behave like they borrowed their professional acumen from some junior guy in the mail room.

Enjoyed your post!

Is Vivian necessarily dead? I'm hoping there's a DOOL Infinity Card, like the one soon to be used by Jack, in store for Vivian! 'Cause much as I used to enjoy Tyler C, watching him in his current mode and Kate Mansi on the screen at the same time is the definition of dead air.

I'm just hoping Victor will have a few appropriately saturnine comments for the joyous season--just to counterbalance Hortons and their balls.

• Love 5
Just now, pearlite said:

Is Vivian necessarily dead? I'm hoping there's a DOOL Infinity Card, like the one soon to be used by Jack, in store for Vivian! 'Cause much as I used to enjoy Tyler C, watching him in his current mode and Kate Mansi on the screen at the same time is the definition of dead air.

Vivian is alive. After she was shot and declared dead, we saw someone revive her at the morgue. We don't know who did it but assume that it was probably either Kristen or Rolf.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Vivian is alive. After she was shot and declared dead, we saw someone revive her at the morgue. We don't know who did it but assume that it was probably either Kristen or Rolf.

Was not Vivian at the lab in one of those room when the warehouse blowed up.  Doubt she is dead and was probably rescued.

• Love 3
On 12/17/2018 at 10:43 AM, ByaNose said:

I think LG need to go back to being a blonde. The mousy brown color (probably her real color) doesn’t look good in her. IMO! I used to watch her on B&B. She looks so different now. It looks like she got her lips done, too. Personally, I think they should have hired Melissa Archer to play Sarah. I don’t think it would have confused people with the other character (who’s name escapes me) that she played before. 

Yes, I thought her lips looked different as well.  Totally agree about Melissa Archer.  She would have made a great Sarah and they could have played off her previous role as easily as they did for Kyle Lowder.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:27 PM, 4evaQuez said:

3. I have a different interpretation to the Sarah/Chloe confrontation today. I think she used Eric and Holly as an excuse to attack Chloe for her personal dislike of Chloe. Hear me out, Chloe is the one who revealed that Lucas was not the father of Baby Bonnie which ultimately led to Rex revealing his affair with Mimi, humiliating Sarah. While Chloe didn't mean to ruin Sarah's engagement, with Rex and Mimi absent, Chloe is now an easy target for Sarah to redirect her anger. I mean I could see Sarah thinking that if it were not for Chloe, she would not be leaving Chicago, her hospital job, her fiance, and Rex would not be with Mimi and their baby right now. I think that's why Sarah jumped at the chance to throw Chloe's actions regarding Nicole and Holly and Chloe's affair with Philip (does Sarah even know Philip) in Chloe's face. I also think this is why she was so gleeful when she told Eric that she knocked Chloe down a peg or two. (or whatever phrasing she used). This, too me, didn't seem like it was wholly for Eric's benefit, but for some personal revenge on Sarah's part.

This is a great interpretation.  Her latching onto Eric and Holly and their predicament is a way for her to ignore her own problems.  Hopefully the show will go this way to explain her feelings and motivations instead of Sarah and Eric just developing an insta-relationship.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:48 AM, hippydoo said:

Everytime I see her I think of Ally Sheedy in Breakfast Club.

Perfect!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Chloe has always had issues with women disliking her. 

Yeah, jealous insecure ones. I really want to like Sarah, but she is way to "new" to be so involved.

Half the time I forget that she is Holly's aunt. This is where I give Days credit that they don't always push biology over everything else. 

Unpopular opinion but I firmly believe that Holly belongs with Chloe. Outside of everyone but Maggie, Chloe is the only one with a genuine connection to Holly. Everyone else's connection is to and through Nicole. 

I love Eric, but his wanting Holly is 100% about his love/loss of Nicole. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Unpopular opinion but I firmly believe that Holly belongs with Chloe. Outside of everyone but Maggie, Chloe is the only one with a genuine connection to Holly. Everyone else's connection is to and through Nicole. 

I will be even more unpopular. I was fine with Chloe going after and getting custody of Holly away from Nicole.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I will be even more unpopular. I was fine with Chloe going after and getting custody of Holly away from Nicole.

I agree with both of you. I also find it quite ironic that Chloe was correct in everything she said and believed about Deimos, to the point of Nicole killing Deimos. Yet, this has never - at least to my knowledge - been mentioned on the show.

• Love 1

First off, can we call nuSarah Ally? Just asking. Today’s Horton tree episode was nice and mushy wi a little drama. I thought KM did a good job of reaming Jenn out She sort of deserves it. I thought Jen would be all thrilled that Abigail and the baby were home for Christmas but Jen was all “No, you didn’t”.  The actresses who play Ciera & Claire don’t bug me as much. They are the new Hope & Jennifer lite. Although, Hope and Jennifer didn’t really hang with each other when they were younger. It was Hope & Melissa Horton. I’ve always wondered why they never bring Melissa back. She was very popular in the role and had great chemistry with Suzanne Rogers & Kristian Alfonso. Anyhoo, it was funny seeing Stefan hanging out with the murderer all alone. Then Gabi finally burned the papers which Julie has forgotten about. Merry Christmas y’all. 

• Love 6

Holy cow, even if she does have some cause to be mad at her family (but not complete.  Lest we forget, this all started because she, who was diagnosed with a serious mental illness EARLIER THIS CALENDAR YEAR, refused to have a check-up with a psychiatrist, then ran off and married her rapist), Kate Mansi is playing Abigail so bitchy and shrew-ish that it is impossible to root for her or feel for her in the slightest.  I getting Gigi Morasco vibes; she was also a smug heroine who we were supposed to think was an angel on Earth.  No likely.

On that sour note, Happy Holidays gang! 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Holy cow, even if she does have some cause to be mad at her family (but not complete.  Lest we forget, this all started because she, who was diagnosed with a serious mental illness EARLIER THIS CALENDAR YEAR, refused to have a check-up with a psychiatrist, then ran off and married her rapist), Kate Mansi is playing Abigail so bitchy and shrew-ish that it is impossible to root for her or feel for her in the slightest.  I getting Gigi Morasco vibes; she was also a smug heroine who we were supposed to think was an angel on Earth.  No likely.

And not for nothing, she picks the annual Horton Ornament Hanging celebration to bitch out her mother. Something that even dimwitted Abby must remembers happens every year on Christmas Eve going back to her Great Grandparents Tom and Alice. It was typically selfish of her  to blame Jennifer for not believing in her when she was acting like her alter Gabby.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

First off, can we call nuSarah Ally? Just asking. Today’s Horton tree episode was nice and mushy wi a little drama. I thought KM did a good job of reaming Jenn out She sort of deserves it. I thought Jen would be all thrilled that Abigail and the baby were home for Christmas but Jen was all “No, you didn’t”.  The actresses who play Ciera & Claire don’t bug me as much. They are the new Hope & Jennifer lite. Although, Hope and Jennifer didn’t really hang with each other when they were younger. It was Hope & Melissa Horton. I’ve always wondered why they never bring Melissa back. She was very popular in the role and had great chemistry with Suzanne Rogers & Kristian Alfonso. Anyhoo, it was funny seeing Stefan hanging out with the murderer all alone. Then Gabi finally burned the papers which Julie has forgotten about. Merry Christmas y’all. 

Melissa was so awesome back in the day.  Her dumping  evil Jack at the alter after regaining her senses remains my all time favorite moment of hers. So refreshing to see a woman save herself and not rely on a man.  I always loved that Hope made her Zack's godmother as a testament to their bond.  Jennifer used to be close to Sarah back in the day and they have yet to have any meaningful scenes.  I remember Sarah was inconsolable when Hope died, has she had any scenes with her at all and chat about Melissa..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

39 minutes ago, nilyank said:

And not for nothing, she picks the annual Horton Ornament Hanging celebration to bitch out her mother. Something that even dimwitted Abby must remembers happens every year on Christmas Eve going back to her Great Grandparents Tom and Alice. It was typically selfish of her  to blame Jennifer for not believing in her when she was acting like her alter Gabby.

THIS!!  Even when Abby is in the right, she is so freakin' unpleasant that it's nigh impossible to feel any sympathy for her or to root for her to win.  Yes, her mom was wrong, but she was fooled into thinking Abby was crazy again, Jenn just didn't decide to have Abs committed for the fun of it and Abby is acting like she did it to specifically get back at her in some way.  And how rude was Abby to Rafe, though I did love his sarcastically pointing to himself when she called out to him.  Again, the only person out to get Abs is Gabi, so the princess needs to calm down as though this was some vast conspiracy against her.

I did like seeing Claire and Ciara getting along again--I hope it lasts through the New Year :)

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful people :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

But isn't Chloe own child being raised by Nancy and Craig in New York.

Parker is being raised by Chloe.  Ironically every once in a while they do mention that he is visiting Craig and Nancy which is funny because they usually don't mention where the small children are on soaps.  It's more out of sight out of mind.  For some interesting reason they do seem to emphasize where Parker "is" a lot of the time.

When Chloe and Lucas were talking before he announced his departure they both mentioned not being together during the holidays.  So Chloe herself was supposed to be in NY with Craig, Nancy, Joy, and Parker.  My understanding is that she stayed because of the situation with Holly and sent Parker by himself to spend the holidays there.

Rafe seems rather familiar with Sarah, considering he just met her.

Is there no ice skating in Missouri?

Abigail called a cab?  Not a Lyft or Uber?

Ben did a mighty quick teleportation from the Loft to the front door of the DiMansion in like two seconds.

No Belle and Shawn at the Horton tree party, huh?

Why did Abigail bother to come home?

Did Abigail need to get a divorce?  Couldn't she have gotten an annulment?

Gabi's burning of the birth record is right up there with Nicole's destruction of the documents that could have proven that Eric had been drugged.  Two bad decisions.

• Love 1

Marci Miller portrayed a more vulnerable Abigail, so for me, watching Abby confront her mother so bitchily just didn't fit.  MM I believe would have played that scene with much more hurt, than anger.  But maybe not.  I did think it was funny how everyone in the room just sort of looked at Abigail as if she was completely unhinged, and remained silent.

It was funny also that Abigail was so proud of getting rid of Stefan and Chad so that she could be in charge of her own life, when she was the one who married Stefan, which put her in this precarious position.

I was stunned that Stefan let her walk out of the house with Charlotte.

Also, it would have been better if Abigail, still posing as Gabby, was so startled by Ben's presence at the Dimera mansion, that she revealed herself as Abigail to him accidentally.  And then Ben could have kept that secret from Stefan for her.  That would have given us more reason to root for Ben, possibly.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Rafe seems rather familiar with Sarah, considering he just met her.

Abigail called a cab?  Not a Lyft or Uber?

Ben did a mighty quick teleportation from the Loft to the front door of the DiMansion in like two seconds.

No Belle and Shawn at the Horton tree party, huh?

Why did Abigail bother to come home?

Did Abigail need to get a divorce?  Couldn't she have gotten an annulment?

Gabi's burning of the birth record is right up there with Nicole's destruction of the documents that could have proven that Eric had been drugged.  Two bad decisions.

Where is the princess going when she left the Horton house?

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Ben said that and all I could hear was the actor's Massachusetts accent where I am certain there must be some ice skating.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I don't think she left, but rather went upstairs.

To hang upside down from the rafters like the batshit crazy she is.

There's entitled, and then there's Abigail.  It would be a really happy Horton Christmas if the whole group, collectively, taped her mouth shut and locked her in the attic.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Please stop ruining my denial bubble! It is almost Christmas!

She isn’t very likable.  She can’t keep a secret and seems like a terrible friend JMHO 

i don’t know what happened but I was quoting women not liking Chloe.  

Abgail had to see see how scared  her mom was when she had her committed.  I like how righteous Abby was them went  upstairs to sleep in her moms house rent free. 

Gabis going down and her brother knows it.  Yikes. 

Julie and Doug can never read a room  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 4

My fave part of this ep was Rafe's reaction to Abigail's dumb ass saying something to him. So funny.

I also liked everyone basically looking at Abigail like she is crazy while she was being a bitch for no reason. 

It is astonishing that KM can not radiate any warmth whatsoever. I mean, the writing does Abigail no favors and I continue to be puzzled by why they're writing her like a heinous bitch while still expecting us to root for her. Anyway, I got off track lol, the writing for her is bad, but KM makes everything 10 times worse with her smugness.

I loled so hard at the scene of Ben silently looking at Stefan while Stefan silently seethes and then Ben just gets up and walks off silently. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10

I thought you guys were exaggerating about Abigail and I just saw today's episode, my goodness Abigail is the worst. She takes no responsibility for her stupid actions and as usual blames everybody for her troubles. She had the gall to talk to Jennifer like that in her own home. Is this who passes for a heroine? Kate Mansi projects no warmth, empathy and basic human decency in her portrayal of Abigail. It is just pure smugness, arrogance, nastiness and self-righteous indignation. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I thought you guys were exaggerating about Abigail and I just saw today's episode, my goodness Abigail is the worst. She takes no responsibility for her stupid actions and as usual blames everybody for her troubles. She had the gall to talk to Jennifer like that in her own home. Is this who passes for a heroine? Kate Mansi projects no warmth, empathy and basic human decency in her portrayal of Abigail. It is just pure smugness, arrogance, nastiness and self-righteous indignation. 

And to Jennifer, of all people.  Jennifer, who has defended her at every turn, especially when she's been completely and totally wrong.  Jennifer helped create the Abigail monster that just bit her by always excusing her and defending her, no matter what.  So I guess it's partially earned but......I even felt bad for Jenn today.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I don't think she left, but rather went upstairs.

then she did not bother to even speak to Julie who risk her life for her.

41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She never has and never will.  Marci Miller was so much better.

2 hours ago, boes said:

To hang upside down from the rafters like the batshit crazy she is.

There's entitled, and then there's Abigail.  It would be a really happy Horton Christmas if the whole group, collectively, taped her mouth shut and locked her in the attic.

The gal told Ben and Stefan they were sick.  She should know because she is sick too.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3

Does Stefan really expect anyone to feel sorry for him?  He married a woman he believed was suffering from a mental break and took advantage of a horrible situation and has the nerve to feel aggrieved?  Fucking weirdo. 

Julie's face when she rolled into the room with everyone looking stunned over Abigail's tantrum was hilarious.  She expected kisses and roses and got zilch.  Of course everyone was happy to see her - it was just funny to see such a subdued initial reaction.

Kate Mansi couldn't be any less sympathetic as Abigail.  I don't understand her acting choices at all.  Also, she's just not believable as Jack and Jennifer's daughter or JJ's (at least played by Casey Moss) sister.  KM has a small face with enormous facial features while MA, MR, CM do not.

• Love 8

KM doesn’t bug me. I will agree that MM really made the role her own which is funny since KM “originated” the role. I don’t think she’ll be on that much longer anyway. She’s only back to finish the storyline and usher off Billy Flynn the show. Whenever that is? Basically, I will just watch and bare through it for however long until it ends. I did have one question. Did Eli’s mother leave the show? If so, was the actress contract not renewed or did she quit?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

KM doesn’t bug me. I will agree that MM really made the role her own which is funny since KM “originated” the role. I don’t think she’ll be on that much longer anyway. She’s only back to finish the storyline and usher off Billy Flynn the show. Whenever that is? Basically, I will just watch and bare through it for however long until it ends. I did have one question. Did Eli’s mother leave the show? If so, was the actress contract not renewed or did she quit?

As I understand it, Vanessa Williams is off screen and off contract.  I thought I heard she got a part in a movie.  I don't think she'll be returning.

1 minute ago, boes said:

As I understand it, Vanessa Williams is off screen and off contract.  I thought I heard she got a part in a movie.  I don't think she'll be returning.

Thanks. I hadn’t heard or read that. 

• Love 1

Missy Reeves is so good at heartfelt pain and remorse.  She always tugs at my tiny heart a bit when she's given these scenes that, once again, demonstrate how much Jennifer's life sucks right now.  I have faith that Marci Miller would have brought her own pain and vulnerability those scenes, rather than Mansi's usual bitch-face approach, but I thought MR gave those scenes their life.  

I'm amused at how many of the actors are playing their scenes with Kate Mansi as if they're acting opposite a capable actress.  There were some scenes in which Tyler Christopher played them as if her laughable incarnation of Gabby had no impact on how he played it.  

• Love 8

Merry Christmas to all those celebrating and Happy Tuesday to those of other faiths or traditions just enjoying the day. 

You guys are what make watching this soap fun on the good days and tolerable on the bad ones!  :-D

Edited by Kitty Redstone
clarity
  • Love 11

Jennifer's Little House on the Prairie type dress seemed out of place with the others' festive garb. She just doesn't have much of any sort of style - except matronly and prissy. I did like Ciara's trousers.  Was bored with the ornament hanging. Thought it odd that if Sarah Horton started a new job at the hospital, she still had time to go to the Horton House. A new staff person probably would have to work Christmas break time. Julie tumled down all those stairs and had no broken bones or bruises or anything? Just some memory loss?

Not much to add about Abigail. All been said above.

Gabi, someone will probably find an inch of the burned hospital record in the fireplace. Just sayin'.

Did notice the RIP for the actor who played Shawn Brady at the end of the show.

• Love 2