Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I laughed at Baby Andre.

Princess Gina hasn't come out in a long time, and Kristen and Anjelica were a nice touch.

Julie was sufficiently loud.

At least now Hattie will dump John. Who wants to live the life of glamorous, possessed Marlena?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Julie: It's that Gabi Hernandez!  She just loves killing people!

HA!  Julie's intense hatred of Gabi never gets old, even in Halloween dream sequences!

Loved this Halloween episode as well as last year's.  Hattie was hilarious.  I loved her whispering that Abigail "gets around" when she didn't know the father of her baby.  I literally laughed out loud seeing Andre's head on the baby.  Loved Eli's get out tears scene.  And loved his beautiful, devilish smile at the end.  Even Hope was not her smug and irritating self that she has become of late.  And I agree it was good to see some life breathed into Stefan.  Good, good show today.  Lots of fun.    

Edited by A.J.
typo
  • Love 12

BEST Show Ever!  They should seriously consider developing this as a weekend series (spoof of the previous week). I know I'd be watching. It was better than any sitcom. Pure fun & laughter.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think a good twist would be that even though it appears he was "set up", he's guilty after all.

The actor who plays Ben was excellent in those scenes.

One of my favorite Days serial killer reveals was Chris K's brother Jake being the killer. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

One of my favorite Days serial killer reveals was Chris K's brother Jake being the killer. 

I watched that story on youtube years ago and it was so damn good. We will never get that type of stellar writing on the show..  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Yes, didn't Chris play both roles, wasn't Jake his twin ? It was before my time but I've heard/read about that story. Wasn't Jake a strangler, too ?

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Yes, didn't Chris play both roles, wasn't Jake his twin ? It was before my time but I've heard/read about that story. Wasn't Jake a strangler, too ?

No, they were not twins.  FauxRoman played Chris and another actor played Jake  who was the strangler. He stalked Marlena and it was the reason that Roman came into her life.  The Roman/Marlena was a great love story.  What I loved about them was that they challenged each other's worldviews.  Marlena challenged Roman's rigid perception about gender norms, specifically, the role of women in society and in the home.  He came from a traditional family,  it why he called her doc, he had never known a female doctor before her. Roman challenged Marlena's independence; she had to learn that asking and needing help from a man did not compromise her independence as a woman.  We all need a helping hand in life. Sherry Anderson was so avant-garde in her writing when it came to male/female relationships. Plus,  Wayne and Deidre had combustible chemistry, as well.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

i lol'd at sammie with the marlena doll! i liked today's episode, had some ol school style to it. the actress playing susan is killing it with this character more so than the kristen one. i actually forgot it wasn't the previous actress. (sorry i have meno. brain for the last couple years, does this ever get any better!?)  for some reason maggies daughter is distracting. she just looks too young ( don't know how old she is irl, maybe she just looks younger than her age) like maggie had her when she was 45 or so. which i guess is possible. 

• Love 7

Oh for God's sake, end the damn EJ SL one way or another.  Enough already.

Jack Coleman played Jake.  Chris K for the most part was a good guy.  His younger brother, Jake, was a little bit of a bad boy, but still seemed okay.  What was great about the SL was it slowly brought almost everyone into it (Marlena, Jessica, Roman, Renee, Tony, Chris, Hope, Liz, David, Julie, Marie, etc.).

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I'm not a fan of Nadia Bjorlin's acting skills but damn, the difference a new hairstyle seems to make.  IMO, she's even better looking than she was and for some, undoubtedly shallow as hell reason, I'm been liking her more this week.

Why the hell is Belle lying for Mimi, again?  That seems all kinds of wrong.

I usually don't like Susan Banks scenes, no matter who is playing her, but today I enjoyed her, especially with Sami.

I'm liking Rex a lot and that's all due to the actor.  I'm glad they got him back no matter what the role.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

No, they were not twins.  FauxRoman played Chris and another actor played Jake  who was the strangler. He stalked Marlena and it was the reason that Roman came into her life.  The Roman/Marlena was a great love story.  What I loved about them was that they challenged each other's worldviews.  Marlena challenged Roman's rigid perception about gender norms, specifically, the role of women in society and in the home.  He came from a traditional family,  it why he called her doc, he had never known a female doctor before her. Roman challenged Marlena's independence; she had to learn that asking and needing help from a man did not compromise her independence as a woman.  We all need a helping hand in life. Sherry Anderson was so avant-garde in her writing when it came to male/female relationships. Plus,  Wayne and Deidre had combustible chemistry, as well.  

Ah okay, thank you. And that whole story was when Marlena's twin, Samantha, died instead of  her, right ? (Maybe that's why I was thinking of twins). Because it was a Friday cliffhanger and back then there was no internet and soap mags were new if they existed at all, no VCRS or spoilers...so the viewers at the end of the Friday episode thought Marlena was dead. And I think I read once that NBC was picketed because Roman supposedly found her dead body ? But on Monday of course, it was revealed it was Samantha and not Marlena. 

• Love 3

Sami and Lucas still have chemistry. They both are still so adorable to me. 

I feel like LG/Sarah's features are too small to pull off dark hair and bangs, I prefer the blond with a little length. But she went through 12 rounds of chemo, so probably when her hair grew back wanted to have fun playing with cuts and shades...I'll allow it. 

As soon as Susan showed her Marlena doll I knew it would have her hair. 

Does anyone remember the real Marlena doll Mattel put out? 

I think we are supposed to feel suspense over this Bonnie and Lucas baby story line ?I honestly would consider it a "win" if Bonnie and her complainy pants daughter Mimi both went to the clink and Lucas raised the baby. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

And that whole story was when Marlena's twin, Samantha, died instead of  her, right ? (Maybe that's why I was thinking of twins). Because it was a Friday cliffhanger and back then there was no internet and soap mags were new if they existed at all, no VCRS or spoilers...so the viewers at the end of the Friday episode thought Marlena was dead. And I think I read once that NBC was picketed because Roman supposedly found her dead body ? But on Monday of course, it was revealed it was Samantha and not Marlena. 

Yep. And then Andrea Hall was out of a job. But then she, too, returned, originating Hattie. (Of course, Deidre Hall now plays her as well as well as Marlena now.)

• Love 5

Chloe seems to be dressing up sparkly a little too early for the holidays. Would be a lovely dress in say, December.

Susan Banks is close to her psychic vibes about a baby, but she doesn't know about Mimi. A bit creepy to use your own hair for a doll's hair. If the brush fits.

The Sarah Horton character seems a little young, and Rex seems too eager to marry her - fast.

Kayla will be kept busy with the DNA tests - I thought those would take a few days to process. And hopefully Sami and Chloe can give some money to the hospital. Belle should not have lied about Mimi. Lucas should keep Baby Bonnie or whatever her name is and the twosome can hit up Statesville together.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Sami and Lucas still have chemistry. They both are still so adorable to me. 

As soon as Susan showed her Marlena doll I knew it would have her hair. 

Does anyone remember the real Marlena doll Mattel put out?  

I'll always love seeing Sami and Lucas together in scenes. They've been a duo in different ways since I started watching in the early 90's.

11 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Whaaaaaaaat?!  There was actually a doll of Marlena put out in real life?!

bMtUmmF.jpg.519eef0018f239d192fc1eee3932cedc.jpg

• Love 7

Sarah calling Susan insane to her face came off as rude to me. Susan is definitely different and on the kooky side but Sarah came off as ill-mannered to me in that conversation. 

Good that Sami & Lucas could catch up after she spent all night by MaybeEJ's side. Looks like Lucas finally let go and they're firmly just friends. I enjoyed the Sami and Susan scenes. 

I feel like despite his protestations that at some point Bonnie and Lucas will hit the sheets. The writing keeps focusing on her trying to seduce him so I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe she can cut his hair afterwards since that mullet doesn't work for him. 

• Love 6

Did anyone else think Maggie was too excited about having Holly living with her. Eventually she did mention Nicole, but her glee at having her granddaughter with her seemed a bit much.

I barely remember Sara, but so far I'm liking this version. And Rex looks so much like current Brady, it's hard to forget he used to be Brady.

• Love 6

If "EJ" is so fragile that nobody can touch him, shouldn't people coming into his room be wearing masks?

Go to Hell, Belle! Trying to convince Lucas to drop the paternity case when you know Bonnie isn't the mother!  That's unethical on so many levels. And I was rooting for Lucas for reading Belle for filth.

I laugh every time they try to convince us that Maggie is a Horton.

Kate calling Sami "honey" and being worried for her is weirding me out.

Sami was being pretty sarcastic about missing her brother's engagement party.

Wait, are Sami and Sarah supposed to be the same age?

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 8

It might be change but I'm liking Sarah so far she doesn't seem like the usual Horton women abby,ciaria,Claire ect.

I hat e that Lucas will get hurt again but I don't mind the baby story  I did laugh at Lucas asking belle of she apologized to Sami for accusing her of shooting her mother.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

If "EJ" is so fragile that nobody can touch him, shouldn't people coming into his room be wearing masks?

Go to Hell, Belle! Trying to convince Lucas to drop the paternity case when you know Bonnie isn't the mother!  That's unethical on so many levels. And I was rooting for Lucas for reading Belle for filth.

I laugh every time they try to convince us that Maggie is a Horton.

Kate calling Sami "honey" and being worried for her is weirding me out.

Sami was being pretty sarcastic about missing her brother's engagement party.

Wait, are Sami and Sarah supposed to be the same age?

I'm curious what you mean regarding Maggie?  Meaning because she is married to Victor now and lives in the Kiriakis mansion.  I actually like that she retains some of the "Horton matriarch" role, as much as I wish it would focus more to Jennifer/Hope/Lucas as heads of the family, I find it very true to life that just because Mickey isn't alive anymore it doesn't erase Maggie's history as a Horton.

• Love 1

I still need to catch up on today's episode, but here are a few thoughts for the rest of this week...

Despite my many years of soap viewing I've never actually watched KL in anything before, but I'm actually really liking him as Rex (the physical and vocal similarities between he and EM is downright uncanny). I'm slightly less sold on LG as Sarah, firstly because she does look too young for the part (thanks for the history lesson on her actual age, Apprentice79, I always appreciate input from longtime viewers like yourself!) and also because Melissa Archer would've been a perfect choice for Sarah. But mostly it's because I found that LG's performance on B&B ranged wildly, from impressive to painfully cringey, so I'm a little wary to see which way things go here. Also, not a fan of her bangs. Or bangs in general.

I enjoyed the five minutes of Brady being an actual human being, and EM really sold his guilt and heartache. I just wish it could last without TIIC having him chase after the first woman he sees in the street until he turns into a ragey caveman again. Sigh. Also, I'm sorry to see KdP gone for the time being because however much they mess up Eve, I do love Kassie.

So, Eric has officially taken over Nicole's mantle of Salem Town Crier? Hope he's well-hydrated and checks in regularly with an optometrist. Though even with the sads he's still super hot.

I really liked the scene of Ben's story about Clyde - I thought RSW did an excellent job playing Ben's emotional turmoil, and even Ciara (I can't remember the actress's name) turned in a solid performance. And that moment when his expression shifted as he realized the impact his ungiven gift had on his own life really sold it.

The scenes of Hattie and Bonnie getting drunk and John begging for Roman's help were a lot of fun, too - you could see the actors' own enjoyment coming through, and that always adds something IMO.

The Halloween episode was fun enough, with some good one-liners that many of you have already shared (like Abigail thinking she was her grandmother and best friend at the same time, and telling Princess Gina to take Stefan off her hands). I liked Hattie's dismay at the thought of The Good Place being cancelled - I'm with you, Hattie!

FF's face work has left her not only able to actually emote (hence the Dialed!To!Eleven! shouted delivery of her lines, I guess) but also left her mouth in a permanent sour lemon grimace. Can she go away now, please, with or without the baby? Don't make me listen to her whine and moan about keeping a secret kid away from Rex, not again!!

Chloe Lane, PI. Well, everyone should have at least one turn with the Salem Brain, right? I mean, if Claire can do it, so should Chloe.

8 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Sarah calling Susan insane to her face came off as rude to me. Susan is definitely different and on the kooky side but Sarah came off as ill-mannered to me in that conversation.

Yeah, I actually felt really bad for Susan the way they all but made fun of her to her face and then burst out laughing after she left the room. Sure Susan's pretty far out there, but have a little compassion and human decency, people! Especially coming from the "morally pure" Hortons and Bradys. Sheesh. This town is full of sanctimonious hypocrites.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I'm slightly less sold on LG as Sarah, firstly because she does look too young for the part

We actually got a story today about how Sami tore the heads off of her (Sarah's) dolls when they were kids, so they're supposedly the same age.  Nope.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

We actually got a story today about how Sami tore the heads off of her (Sarah's) dolls when they were kids, so they're supposedly the same age.  Nope.

People on twitter actually told the actress that she is too young to play Sarah and she said that Sarah has awesome moisturizer and is older than she looks..lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

Newbie to this forum with a question - When did Kate and Sami become friendly?

I was a regular watcher during the Last Blast Dance teen days and have been off and on since in the years since, but off for the last few years. I was home sick from work last week and decided to give it another whirl. 

Edited by dlyn
  • Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Yep. And then Andrea Hall was out of a job. But then she, too, returned, originating Hattie. (Of course, Deidre Hall now plays her as well as well as Marlena now.)

Deidre also played Samantha, when Marlena was in the pit. She hallucinated her and asked her about her first son DJ who died of SIDS. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, dlyn said:

I was a regular watcher during the Last Blast Dance teen days and have been off and on since in the years since, but off for the last few years. I was home sick from work last week and decided to give it another whirl. 

I think a couple years ago when Gabi thought she killed Nick the first time I might be remembering wrong and kate and Sami teamed up to help.her hide it.Honestly it still creeps me out how friendly they are these days lol.

• Love 4

Maggie could have held the engagement party in her living room. Where was Victor? And pretty much anyone else?

Would have preferred Sarah Horton's dress to be a sheath instead of the A-line it seemed to be. The top half was interesting and then..... meh. And now she knows that Rex and Mimi were involved at some point. She is a step up, Rex.

Poor Lucas. Finding out that he was played.

At least Belle showed up to see Sami.

Yes, Kayla, it is a bit unethical to do a DNA test without permission. But that really hasn't stopped half of Salem from doing so.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dlyn said:

The writers have been working toward them getting closer for the last maybe seven years.  It started originally when the twins were young, EJ and Sami were on the outs and EJ was plotting to steal the children from Sami.  Kate found out about it and warned Sami.  Later when Johnny went through his medical issues Kate was really there for Sami.  That lead into them working together professionally, then came the Nick storyline with Kate/Sami/Gabi killing Nick.

They officially buried the hatchet and became friends when they hatched a plan to take Dimera Enterprises from EJ and Stefano.  Running Dimera was the culmination of a real friendship with them living and working together.  Sami's goodbye scene with Kate was a real highlight, also during Will's funeral to see Sami run into Kate's arms to grieve was definitely a game changer.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Whaaaaaaaat?!  There was actually a doll of Marlena put out in real life?!

Guys, I thought you knew - the doll used on the show IS the Mattel doll. Ron obviously thought it would be cute to feature on camera and had someone buy one off Ebay. Heck, maybe it's his old one.

You didn't think they set aside budget to custom create a Marlena doll...did you?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

And once again the writers are wrong about Sami's history.  Sami didn't become a bad girl/hellion/witch until she was a teenager.  The transition of Sami's relationships with Marlena, Carrie, and John after Sami saw Marlena/John having sex on the conference room table, and after Carrie convinced Sami to press rape charges and then ended up being called to testify against Sami were very well written.

8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

The writers have been working toward them getting closer for the last maybe seven years.  It started originally when the twins were young, EJ and Sami were on the outs and EJ was plotting to steal the children from Sami.  Kate found out about it and warned Sami.  Later when Johnny went through his medical issues Kate was really there for Sami.  That lead into them working together professionally, then came the Nick storyline with Kate/Sami/Gabi killing Nick.

They officially buried the hatchet and became friends when they hatched a plan to take Dimera Enterprises from EJ and Stefano.  Running Dimera was the culmination of a real friendship with them living and working together.  Sami's goodbye scene with Kate was a real highlight, also during Will's funeral to see Sami run into Kate's arms to grieve was definitely a game changer.

That was a terrific scene.  I love when Sami and Kate team up.  I really loved Kate telling EJ (when EJ got out of jail and showed up at the Dimera mansion) that Sami lived with her now, and she didn't need EJ.  The best supercouple this show has had in years is Sami/Kate.  It's to bad the writers never figured out a way to have Sami/Kate/Nicole team up.  I did like Sami/Kate/Gabi working together.  That SL was hilarious.

Don't forget Don who played a pivotal role in that awesome story. I loved Liz. I wish that the show would bring her back to usher in Noelle Curtis, another legacy child that the show has forgotten in lieu of retcon kids like Paul, Rex, Trip.  Noelle is a blank slate as a character and she is not related to anybody on the show.  Her only relative is Sarah Horton who is her biological half-sister and they have never had a relationship. 

Don seeing Marlena at the house when he thought she was dead, and then realizing she wasn't was one of the best scenes ever.

The writing was so good back then.  Don was originally in love with Julie, but Julie chose Doug.  I really liked Don/Marlena, but I loved Roman/Marlena.  Writers used to be able to move characters into new relationships without completely trashing previous relationships, or acting like they never happened at all.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:55 PM, TigerLynx said:

Oh for God's sake, end the damn EJ SL one way or another.  Enough already.

Jack Coleman played Jake.  Chris K for the most part was a good guy.  His younger brother, Jake, was a little bit of a bad boy, but still seemed okay.  What was great about the SL was it slowly brought almost everyone into it (Marlena, Jessica, Roman, Renee, Tony, Chris, Hope, Liz, David, Julie, Marie, etc.).

Don't forget Don who played a pivotal role in that awesome story. I loved Liz. I wish that the show would bring her and Neil back to usher in their daughter Noelle Curtis, another legacy child created by Sherry that the show has forgotten in lieu of retcon kids like Paul, Rex, Trip.  Noelle is a blank slate as a character and she is not related to anybody on the show.  Her only relative is Sarah Horton who is her biological half-sister and they have never had a relationship.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

It was during Johnny's medical crisis when I first realized how much Kate and Sami's relationship changed. I remember Marlena, who was on the show at the time, was largely absent from the storyline. I can't remember why exactly, but she was involved with something happening with John. Kate and Hope played the maternal figures for Sami during this storyline, and afterward, the show continued with a sort of weird, damaged, psychotic but strangely lovely mother/daughter dynamic with Sami and Kate. This is also when Sami was with Rafe and completely out of Lucas and Austin's romantic life, so it made sense that Kate and Sami would begin to heal old wounds.

I really loved the past two episodes. I loved seeing all the cast integration from Thursday and Friday. There were times I had to pause a scene and think to myself if two characters had ever shared a scene together or how many years since it's been since they've been in a scene together, i.e. Lucas and Shawn acknowledging their cousins, Lucas and Belle in a scene together or even Sami and Chloe and Roman and Maggie. I even liked the scene where Shawn said Belle was a better sister than Sami deserved. Mainly because I had to first question if Shawn and Sami have ever interacted and then I remembered that Sami almost got Shawn killed in Afghanistan (?) during the Stan storyline. It was also nice that Abby, Gabi, Chad, Hope, Rafe, etc. were completely absent from these episodes.

Chloe has always been my favorite character, and I love the way Ron is writing her right now. After several writers turned Chloe into an airhead, scheming vixen and literal prostitute, I was terrified at the horrors Ron would subject Chloe to. However, Chloe is smart, observant and snarky again. I love that she is giving Bonnie, Mimi, Belle and Sami as good as she gets in her confrontations with them. I also liked her argument to Kayla regarding the DNA, and that Chloe got the Friday cliffhanger for the week. After seeing Chloe be window dressing for the past few months, I hope this is a sign to come for a more major storyline for her. Lastly, I know some people hate how Nadia Bjorlin is styled on the show, but I love that she looks like an old school soap heroine. The sleek haircut, heavy makeup and over the top formal attire in casual situations make Chloe look like the 80's soap heroines that I miss and love.

Is there any reason the show seems to be so focused on Sarah not being a biological Horton? Usually the show only does this when they plan to romantically link the character with one of their relatives, i.e. Max constantly reminding the audience he isn't a blood Brady before he and Stephanie hooked up. Sarah's been on roughly a week and already Maggie informed us that her biological father is a doctor like Sarah, Sarah informs Bonnie that Mickey isn't her biological father and finally Roman tells Lucas that Lucas and Sarah are "technically related."  Why all the reminders? Also, this could be me just being annoyed by these unnecessary reminders, but I was also irritated that Maggie only mentioned Holly regarding her grandchildren to Sarah but what about Nathan and Parker.

At this point, this will never happen, but I wish the show would recast Belle. Martha Madison plays Belle with an emotional distance that makes it hard for me to believe that she cares about anyone or that anyone cares about her. While I think she is a good actress, I can't see I look forward to her scenes or that they resonate with me. While I would actually say she's a better actress than Alison Sweeney or Farah Fath, I actually buy their connections to the characters around them while I find it hard to believe Belle isn't just a lawyer doing a job for people she, at best, casually interact with. Belle should be an important character on canvas, but I just can't imagine that happening with Martha Madison in the role.

Lastly, Brady and Rex are eerily similar from a physical standpoint. Rex sometimes moves his hands in ways that reminds me of Brady and has similar facial expressions and reactions. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Is there any reason the show seems to be so focused on Sarah not being a biological Horton? Usually the show only does this when they plan to romantically link the character with one of their relatives, i.e. Max constantly reminding the audience he isn't a blood Brady before he and Stephanie hooked up. Sarah's been on roughly a week and already Maggie informed us that her biological father is a doctor like Sarah, Sarah informs Bonnie that Mickey isn't her biological father and finally Roman tells Lucas that Lucas and Sarah are "technically related."  Why all the reminders? Also, this could be me just being annoyed by these unnecessary reminders, but I was also irritated that Maggie only mentioned Holly regarding her grandchildren to Sarah but what about Nathan and Parker.

It is jarring because Days of our lives has always prided itself in saying that DNA alone is not what makes a family. Sarah, Bo and Mike have never loved their biological fathers, they tolerated them, but, their fathers were the men who raised them.  Sarah actively tried to ruin Neil's life and she acted like Mickey was some man that she barely knew.  

I hated Max dating both of his nieces.  It was gross in my opinion.  It is like Brady and Sami dating. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

really loved the past two episodes. I loved seeing all the cast integration from Thursday and Friday. There were times I had to pause a scene and think to myself if two characters had ever shared a scene together or how many years since it's been since they've been in a scene together, i.e. Lucas and Shawn acknowledging their cousins, Lucas and Belle in a scene together or even Sami and Chloe and Roman and Maggie. I even liked the scene where Shawn said Belle was a better sister than Sami deserved. Mainly because I had to first question if Shawn and Sami have ever interacted and then I remembered that Sami almost got Shawn killed in Afghanistan (?) during the Stan storyline. It was also nice that Abby, Gabi, Chad, Hope, Rafe, etc. were completely absent from these episodes

Shawn and Sami are cousins. Also,it was Shawn's own damn fault. Who told him to go into a warzone? I thought it was ridiculous for him and the rest of theSalem idiots to head over to fake-is-tan.

• Love 3

I hated Max dating both of his nieces.  It was gross in my opinion.  It is like Brady and Sami dating. 

While I might agree with that regarding Max and Stephanie; he and Chelsea did not know each other until she was a teenager, and at the time that they met, they didn't even know that she was a Brady.  I don't necessarily have a problem with that relationship (at least not because of familial ties).

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, drtslim said:

While I might agree with that regarding Max and Stephanie; he and Chelsea did not know each other until she was a teenager, and at the time that they met, they didn't even know that she was a Brady.

Yeah, if I remember right she'd already given him a blowjob in his car by the time they found out she was a Brady. No going back.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Shawn and Sami are cousins. Also,it was Shawn's own damn fault. Who told him to go into a warzone? I thought it was ridiculous for him and the rest of theSalem idiots to head over to fake-is-tan.

I remembered that Shawn and Sami are cousins, but I couldn't remember the last time they interacted. I can't even remember the last time Sami even acknowledged Shawn's existence. I honestly think it was during the Santos/Colleen storyline that the two were even last seen together. That's why I enjoyed Shawn comment about Sami during the episode, and I had to question why he would have that particular reaction to Sami since it been years since they have even remotely been in a storyline together.  It's comments like that that make the Salem feel like a real small town where people are connected.

Also, while I know Sami/Shawn are cousins, I feel that the show has always treated him more like a Horton/Kirakis. However, that's mainly because I don't think the show has done a good job of treating the next generation Brady family as a cohesive unit in general, i.e. Will also feels more like a Horton/Roberts than he does a Brady to me, as well.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Also, while I know Sami/Shawn are cousins, I feel that the show has always treated him more like a Horton/Kirakis. However, that's mainly because I don't think the show has done a good job of treating the next generation Brady family as a cohesive unit in general, i.e. Will also feels more like a Horton/Roberts than he does a Brady to me, as well.

Which is weird because Bo was always clearly a Brady despite having close relationships with Hope's family. But even in that respect, while I agree I identify Shawn as more of Horton/Kirakis, he has barely interacted with the Hortons over the years e.g. Jennifer, Abby or JJ whom he should have been close to.

As for Will, he has close relationships with his grandmothers and Sami. Lucas when they share scenes together. But the rest of the Hortons? It's weird.

I don't recall him being close to Jennifer or Hope. They had him interacting with Nick for a year or so, but that relationship was toxic. They made it a thing that he close to Abigail including to the detriment of his relationship with Sami when the affair came out. However except for Abby smugly telling Sami last year that she and Chad had breakfast with Will, they barely seen each other.  Julie who loves Eli and badmouths Gabi about Nick any time her name is mentioned, has no relationship with Will.

Speaking of which, I have no interest one way on another about Ben, but it seem highly unbelievable that Hope is the only one who is really upset about Ben being around Ciara. Why isn't Jennifer writing scathing editorials about the man that kidnapped her daughter and grandson. Why isn't Julie as concerned about Ben who killed 3 women concerned about being around Ciara whom is her defacto granddaughter as she is about one of the Hortons might be sniffing around Gabi e.g. JJ or Eli.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, drtslim said:

While I might agree with that regarding Max and Stephanie; he and Chelsea did not know each other until she was a teenager, and at the time that they met, they didn't even know that she was a Brady.  I don't necessarily have a problem with that relationship (at least not because of familial ties).

Nevertheless, he grew up with Bo as his brother. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I remembered that Shawn and Sami are cousins, but I couldn't remember the last time they interacted. I can't even remember the last time Sami even acknowledged Shawn's existence. I honestly think it was during the Santos/Colleen storyline that the two were even last seen together. That's why I enjoyed Shawn comment about Sami during the episode, and I had to question why he would have that particular reaction to Sami since it been years since they have even remotely been in a storyline together.  It's comments like that that make the Salem feel like a real small town where people are connected.

I totally know what you mean.  I think when Shawn was young I saw him more as a Brady than Horton, maybe that had more to do with Hope being gone and then the whole Princess Gina saga.  I didn't particularly find him that connected to the Hortons outside of maybe Alice.

In Will's case I completely almost exclusively see him as a Horton/Roberts.  Outside of that I see him as Sami's son, almost a single entity if you will.

I also think when it comes to the Brady's, what we are missing is Caroline's presence.  She was very much a nucleus for various Brady characters to interact with or check in with.  She was also the designated "babysitter" whenever the "kids" were offscreen.  They have sort of turned Roman into that but no where near as effective.

Also I mentioned this a few weeks back but I wish TPTB did a better job of connecting the various family members and actually make them friends.  We don't see the Hope/Jennifer "best friend/cousin" relationship anymore with the Brady's or Hortons. 

Why aren't Lucas and Eli best friends?  Can you imagine how relatable Eli's introduction to the Horton's would of been if Lucas, his cousin who went through the same thing had helped him along?  More so than not, I completely forget that Hope is Eli's great aunt.  They have a completely boss/detective relationship.

Why aren't Will and Abby close anymore?  Why aren't Abby and Sonny close anymore?

Why hasn't Sarah mentioned that she is dying to see Hope and Jennifer, and finally meet Eli?

I also thought it was strange the various references that Sarah is not a Horton biologically.  I'm assuming they are just trying to refresh the audience who may not be familiar, but it seems like overkill.  Especially because both Neil and Mickey are both dead, there are no Curtis relatives on canvas just her Horton side.  The line from Roman to Lucas about he and Sarah "technically related", no Roman they are in fact related.  They are not biologically connected but that has no relevance to the subject of family.  Hell I would say Sarah is more a Horton, than Rex a Brady.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I agree with that. The original Brady family always interacted with each other. The five siblings and I include John in there always made it a point to have their children together. Andrew, Stefanie and Jeannie/Theresa were always together. Shawn-Douglas and Andrew were super tight as well.  The twins, Carrie and Max were always together as well.  

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Also I mentioned this a few weeks back but I wish TPTB did a better job of connecting the various family members and actually make them friends.  We don't see the Hope/Jennifer "best friend/cousin" relationship anymore with the Brady's or Hortons. 

Hope was closer to Melissa than Jennifer. While Jennifer was closer to Sarah and Mike connected all of the female Hortons together.  Jennifer is his biological sister via Bill and Melissa and Sarah are his adopted sisters because of Mickey.  They are also his cousins because Mickey is his uncle and he considers him to be his dad and not Bill. 

42 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I also thought it was strange the various references that Sarah is not a Horton biologically.  I'm assuming they are just trying to refresh the audience who may not be familiar, but it seems like overkill.  Especially because both Neil and Mickey are both dead, there are no Curtis relatives on canvas just her Horton side.  The line from Roman to Lucas about he and Sarah "technically related", no Roman they are in fact related.  They are not biologically connected but that has no relevance to the subject of family.  Hell I would say Sarah is more a Horton, than Rex a Brady.

Neil is not dead. He just disappeared while he was doing his rounds at the hospital just like Don disappeared when he went to mail a letter.  I assume Neil got back together with Liz and their daughter Noelle  after he and Anjelica Devereaux broke up.  Noelle and Sarah are biological sisters while Sarah and Melissa are adopted sisters and are super close.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Hope was closer to Melissa than Jennifer. While Jennifer was closer to Sarah and Mike connected all of the female Hortons together.  Jennifer is his biological sister via Bill and Melissa and Sarah are his adopted sisters because of Mickey.  They are also his cousins because Mickey is his uncle and he considers him to be his dad and not Bill. 

Neil is not dead. He just disappeared while he was doing his rounds at the hospital just like Don disappeared when he went to mail a letter.  I assume Neil got back together with Liz and their daughter Noelle  after he and Anjelica Devereaux broke up.  Noelle and Sarah are biological sisters while Sarah and Melissa are adopted sisters and are super close.

Thanks.  For some reason I though Neil was dead. 

• Love 4