Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I do like Xander but he is wasted as this villain. He has far more charm to be an actual Kiriakis and part of better storylines.

I agree 100%.   

Also, why is the audience continually insulted with Eric (who I have always liked) taking down Xander without any effort or fight?  Xander is no weakling but the way Eric takes him down time and time again, you'd think Xander was this 5'4, 120 lb weakling.  

• Love 2

"My love"? Jeez, Eric, overdramatic much?

Lucas is going to be devastated again when he finds out the baby isn't his.  Speaking of which, has anybody told Will he has a new "sister"?

Well, Kate, that is your granddaughter, but not by Lucas ... I wonder what the baby's real name is.

Kristen's phone message to Brady sounded like phone sex.

"EJ' is awfully strong for having been in a coma for three years.

Shouldn't Eric and Nicole be looking for the tape instead of having sex?

wtf, Sami?

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

While I think Sami parted with the money fairly easily, I don't think Sami cares about that money. She stole it to hurt/financially cripple folks not because she wanted it personally to spend on a lavish lifestyle. She was never money hungry. And while Sami is a schemer, ambitious power was never really a motivation for her in her schemes. Sami scheming usually was about getting / keeping love or lashing out over being personally hurt, not being power hungry. Kate and Nicole are/were much more power - and money - hungry regarding their schemes than Sami but mileage varies. 

Anywho, I got the impression that Sami was just glad Stefan confirmed her suspicions about EJ being alive and that she feels one step closer to finding him. The show has been explicit in stating Sami's mindset and determination to find him. 

Sami was never about money, but she also was never stupid.  Made mistakes and did some dumb things, yes, but unlike Brady, Sami has functioning brain cells.  Sami would never believe or trust a Dimera about anything.  Sami escaped from Andre and stole the money in the first place because Andre underestimated Sami.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, boes said:

Your post is a thing of beauty, Maelstrom!

Thanks, boes! I do what I can :)

23 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Brady should be studied by science to see how he survived for so long despite being the dumbest creature in the entirety of existence.

What's really sad is that I posted this before I watched Brady electrocute himself on the world's smallest alarm panel.

I do believe TC actually made an effort toward acting in his scenes yesterday with Ali Sweeney. And from his reaction when she kissed him and then RAN out of the room, I don't think he was expecting it! I do love the energy Ali brings to the screen. If only it wasn't all wasted on moping after freaking EJ.

It's really hard to get invested in Eric and Nicole knowing she's not around for too long. Show, why did you bring her back just to continue making us watch the two of them be sad?

Xander and Kristen are so very pretty together. Though I've wondered for years, does this show have a deal with Lumberjacks R Us for its wardrobe? There are so many flannel shirts in Salem it's like wading through a sea of plaid.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Rowan said:

Oh, man. They are laying it on with the Eric/Nicole stuff. I sense tragedy. “Take care of Holly for me!”, all the love of my life confessing, and the kicker: Eric just totally gave her a necklace that can be used to identify the dead person when there is no body found. 

I may be off base with this. They could always go Nicole just disappears on him because she thinks it’s what’s best, but I’m leaning towards Nicole not making it. I’m speculating, of course. They would just never get back together so quickly complete with all straight up true love confessing without tragedy coming up. How do they keep them apart otherwise? 

Exactly, what I thought.  Unless Greg is leaving, what else can they do?   When Nicole asked Eric to take Holly and raise her, I thought that he'll take her after Nicole is killed off.  

• Love 3

Why did Sami spray Nicole?

Brady, after all that effort to guess the keypad combination, just kicks the door and it opens just like that??????? And he finds 'EJ'? Just like that?

No security cameras, Kristen and Xander? Surely they could have seen Brady break in and walk around the warehouse or wherever they are.

I didn't feel too sorry for Jennifer. She and Eric seemed more companion-like than anything else.  Two adults who were friends trying to make a love relationship work. A safe choice. knowing full well that he loves another woman.

I did notice that the actress who plays Mimi has much larger lips than before. The dark vampy type lipstick really showed it. The paternity test should have been done to prove that Lucas is the father - and not just a possibility. Bonnie's plan will fall apart.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why did Sami spray Nicole?

I assumed she thought it was gonna be Xander. But I don't really know why lol. Sami showing up there didn't really make sense, but I suppose they'll explain it on Monday's ep.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I assumed she thought it was gonna be Xander. But I don't really know why lol. Sami showing up there didn't really make sense, but I suppose they'll explain it on Monday's ep.

I think that the address that Sami got from Stefan ended up being the address where Xander is living with Nicole.

• Love 5

I don’t know if the makeup department made Farah Fath wear that god awful lip color or she asked for it. Either way, it did her no favors. I was barely paying attention to the scene because of her massive lips and that black color. I’ve seen her look better. Now, on to the plot. I thought that Mimi and Chloe were friends?! I know when the characters were younger they weren’t but in the end I thought they were. Am I wrong?

5F313D11-6DEC-4C00-84F7-ECE065F638F3.jpeg

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think you're right, but then again, considering how Sami feels about Nicole, at first it didn't surprise me.  I doubt she'll be apologizing for it, very much, at least.

• Love 5

Brady should be studied by science to see how he survived for so long despite being the dumbest creature in the entirety of existence.

What's really sad is that I posted this before I watched Brady electrocute himself on the world's smallest alarm panel.

This is hilarious.  I am going to be laughing for the rest of the day.

I do believe TC actually made an effort toward acting in his scenes yesterday with Ali Sweeney. And from his reaction when she kissed him and then RAN out of the room, I don't think he was expecting it! I do love the energy Ali brings to the screen. If only it wasn't all wasted on moping after freaking EJ.

I understand completely why they want Alison Sweeney to return.  Sami stirs things up.  I also wish she wasn't wasted on EJ.  Given how vocal James Scott was about not wanting to ever return to the show, it's not like they are fooling the viewers.  I could be wrong.  James Scott might actually agree to a short appearance, but it would require a lot of begging on Ken Corday's part, and I can't see Ken Corday doing that.

15 hours ago, sas616 said:

Exactly, what I thought.  Unless Greg is leaving, what else can they do?   When Nicole asked Eric to take Holly and raise her, I thought that he'll take her after Nicole is killed off.  

Does this mean every couple of years we are going to be treated to the Brady twins (Sami and Eric) looking for a dead or maybe not dead EJ and Nicole, and criticizing the other twin's choice in a romantic partner?  {face palm}

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t know if the makeup department made Farah Fath wear that god awful lip color or she asked for it. Either way, it did her no favors. I was barely paying attention to the scene because of her massive lips and that black color. I’ve seen her look better. Now, on to the plot. I thought that Mimi and Chloe were friends?! I know when the characters were younger they weren’t but in the end I thought they were. Am I wrong?

5F313D11-6DEC-4C00-84F7-ECE065F638F3.jpeg

I'm pretty sure Chloe and Mimi were friendly when Chloe and Brady left town, but I don't remember specifically.  Then again the writers may be ignoring them being on good terms just for the sake of this story.

• Love 2

They did have Bonnie say she thought Mimi and Chloe had mended fences and Mimi said they did but something like Belle told her about the Chloe/Nicole thing with Holly. Or something. I don't really remember what Mimi's response to Bonnie's questioning of them becoming friends was lol.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Xander and Kristen are so very pretty together. Though I've wondered for years, does this show have a deal with Lumberjacks R Us for its wardrobe? There are so many flannel shirts in Salem it's like wading through a sea of plaid.

Lumberjacks R Us  OMG...I love this. lol

I never realized there were so many plaid patterns....kind of amazing really....and scary.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They did have Bonnie say she thought Mimi and Chloe had mended fences and Mimi said they did but something like Belle told her about the Chloe/Nicole thing with Holly. Or something. I don't really remember what Mimi's response to Bonnie's questioning of them becoming friends was lol.

Interesting, Mimi would have an issue with the Chloe/Nicole saga.  When she left town Chloe and Nicole were enemies.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Interesting, Mimi would have an issue with the Chloe/Nicole saga.  When she left town Chloe and Nicole were enemies.

Didn't Nicole try to give Chloe a flesh eating bacteria, or am I misremembering?  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Didn't Nicole try to give Chloe a flesh eating bacteria, or am I misremembering?  

Nicole did it in order that she could get Brady. It is why I never bought their friendship which only started because they both hated Sami.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

Nicole did it in order that she could get Brady. It is why I never bought their friendship which only started because they both hated Sami.

I never bought it either. I always thought Nicole was more vicious  and malicious than Sami in a lot of ways.  I was always team Sami in their battles.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She did.  She also hide the fact that Chloe was alive when Chloe was presumed dead and was disfigured recuperating in a hospital.  All so she could have Brady to herself.

I actually loved the Chloe/Nicole end their feud and become best friends storyline.  For me it worked because it happened after a long break of both women not seeing each other for years and essentially becoming different people so that when they were back in each other's orbit it was them becoming friends as the women they are now.

That and the fact that Days, a soap that used to pride itself on "friendship storylines/relationships" is so starved of them it was nice to see two characters have a solid one.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I think it was more because Chloe, being that she's with Lucas, now has her baby, so I guess because of the Holly thing she doesn't trust Chloe with her baby.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

She did.  She also hide the fact that Chloe was alive when Chloe was presumed dead and was disfigured recuperating in a hospital.  All so she could have Brady to herself.

I actually loved the Chloe/Nicole end their feud and become best friends storyline.  For me it worked because it happened after a long break of both women not seeing each other for years and essentially becoming different people so that when they were back in each other's orbit it was them becoming friends as the women they are now.

That and the fact that Days, a soap that used to pride itself on "friendship storylines/relationships" is so starved of them it was nice to see two characters have a solid one.

True, I can see your point. Plus, it is a soap people fall in love with people who tried to kill them or rape them, look at Ejamie as an example..

• Love 3
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

It didn't and hasn't work for me, because despite what the show had written (Dena), they are two different type of people where one should not like the other. Chloe was written as being a good with some morals, while Nicole was written as wicked who would do horrible things to get what she wanted. They had nothing in common except liking the same men (which should have been a deal breaker for their so-called relationship) and the start of their friendship they bonded over their hatred of Sami because the men that they were currently with were rebounding from Sami with them.

The actresses had great friend chemistry but character wise there was no reason why Chloe would overlook what Nicole had done to her and for Nicole to act friendly or share confidences with a former rival.

The characters were suddenly spouting that they were best friends, but I think it only happened because the characters at the time had no else that they could talk to. They had no family on the show and all their friends were no longer on the show.

I mean once Chloe found out that Nicole switched babies and stole Sydney for a year, she should have started to looking for new friends.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

And that hatred was due to the fact that the guys they were with were in love with Sami.  Nicole and Chloe chose to get involved with EJ and Lucas knowing the score.  That wasn't Sami's fault.  And Chloe was the reason Nicole found out about Sami being pregnant with Sydney.  Lucas foolishly told Chloe in confidence, and then Chloe couldn't keep her mouth shut.

13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never bought it either. I always thought Nicole was more vicious  and malicious than Sami in a lot of ways.  I was always team Sami in their battles.

I was always team Sami to, but I still enjoyed the times Sami/Nicole or Sami/Kate would team up.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

It didn't and hasn't work for me, because despite what the show had written (Dena), they are two different type of people where one should not like the other. Chloe was written as being a good with some morals, while Nicole was written as wicked who would do horrible things to get what she wanted. They had nothing in common except liking the same men (which should have been a deal breaker for their so-called relationship) and the start of their friendship they bonded over their hatred of Sami because the men that they were currently with were rebounding from Sami with them.

The actresses had great friend chemistry but character wise there was no reason why Chloe would overlook what Nicole had done to her and for Nicole to act friendly or share confidences with a former rival.

The characters were suddenly spouting that they were best friends, but I think it only happened because the characters at the time had no else that they could talk to. They had no family on the show and all their friends were no longer on the show.

I mean once Chloe found out that Nicole switched babies and stole Sydney for a year, she should have started to looking for new friends.

See I think the show did a decent job to show that Chloe and Nicole weren't so different now, but different than who they were when they were younger. 

When they became friends Chloe was definitely not the sugary sweet person she was when she married Brady and left town. Nicole wasn't the venomous gold digger villian anymore.

Not that both women were opposites from who they were but I would say that when younger both were at opposite ends of the spectrum and over the intervening years both women got closer to the middle of the spectrum. If that makes sense. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

I liked Chloe and Nicole as friends.I mean in the last few years hasn't Chloe done her fair share of scheming.

This is what I'm referring too.  Chloe became more "darker" as a character and Nicole became less of a villain. 

• Love 5

The show confirmed today that Allie is a teenager.  If only the show would bring her back and give her a story involving Will and Lucas. She should be the good girl to Ciara's bad girl.  Sami's daughter being a good girl like her aunt Carrie would be a nice irony.  Claire and Ciara should never have been rivals. A part of her brother Zack lives on in Claire literally. 

Judy looks so much better as Bonnie than as Adrienne. I love color that pops and Bonnie was really beautiful today in all that color.  That wig is fabulous on her as well.

I know that Wilson is polarizing on this board, but, I miss them.

The show showed so much flashbacks today, I assume some scenes were edited out..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13

Weird that Friday's show ended with Sami spraying Nicole in the face but today's show didn't start that way.

I'll be so glad when we find out the baby's real name because Baby Bonnie is just ridiculous.

I wonder if Bonnie could be charged with raping Lucas.

Bonnie being a bad actor is a great job of acting.

Ooh, Mimi went there with "Ghoul Girl".

Oh, God, Victor and Eve bonding.

"You're partial to the odd bit of bondage now and then, aren't you?"

• Love 9

I like Sami and all but she can be so hypocritical towards Nicole.  Sami acts like Nicole is the devil and Sami is some type of hero.  You both have very long rap sheets. 

Also, what happened to that nice moment when they bonded over E.J.'s death.  I really, really loved that moment between them.  What about their shared loved for Sydney?  Did all of that happen in a parallel universe?  I hate when this type of thing is ignored.  Maybe it will come up later but I'm not counting on it.  

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I like Sami and all but she can be so hypocritical towards Nicole.  Sami acts like Nicole is the devil and Sami is some type of hero.  You both have very long rap sheets. 

Also, what happened to that nice moment when they bonded over E.J.'s death.  I really, really loved that moment between them.  What about their shared loved for Sydney?  Did all of that happen in a parallel universe?  I hate when this type of thing is ignored.  Maybe it will come up later but I'm not counting on it.  

Unless Eric had told her otherwise, Sami is under the belief that Nicole broke his heart for the umpteemph time.

As for their shared love of Sydney, Sami should hate Nicole forever for stealing her daughter for almost a year.

For me, it makes more sense that they aren’t mean to each during a tragic event but for the most part, they are not friends. Sami has hated Nicole for two decades when the later broke Eric’s heart by marrying Lucas for $5 million and she hold grudges forever.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

As for their shared love of Sydney, Sami should hate Nicole forever for stealing her daughter for almost a year.

I always hated that Sami allowed Sydney to call Nicole, mommy Nicole.  Sami should have changed Sydney's name and she was young enough to not be affected by the name change.. I find it funny that Johnny was the only child that Sami got to name. Austin named Will after Billie, Lucas named Allie after her great-grandmothers and Nicole named Sydney. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Chloe’s new do is a definite upgrade. She looks almost looks like a new woman, but her eyes, man, they unsettle me. Like when you find something beautiful but creepy at the same time. 

Yeah, Sami, like Eric’s chances of avoiding chaos are any better hanging with you. 

I FF the hell out of Bonnie and Lucas. 

Brady is such a wuss. Kristen’s got some guns on her, but that sorry excuse for a pistol whipping put his lights out immediately. 

Wallow in your abandonment, Eve. Choke on those regrets. Call your sis for some pointers on how to deal. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show confirmed today that Allie is a teenager.  If only the show would bring her back and give her a story involving Will and Lucas. She should be the good girl to Ciara's bad girl.  Sami's daughter being a good girl like her aunt Carrie would be a nice irony.  

I wish we could have seen that develop over time.  That's what they did with Sami and Carrie.

3 hours ago, A.J. said:

Nicole stole Sami's baby twice.  They might call a truce to grief over someone they both cared about, but it's a truce that won't last.  Especially since when Sami genuinely called a truce with Nicole, let Nicole move into the townhouse with her and her children when EJ threw Nicole out, and was reassuring Nicole everything would work out and be okay, Nicole was lying the entire time.  Nicole continued to let Sami believe that Sydney was Nicole's baby, and that Grace (who died) was Sami's baby.

• Love 6

Brady should have been treated for a concussion or have some sort of MRI given that he has been clonked many times on the head.

So 'EJ's' favourite word is Samantha?

Way to go, Sami, spraying pepper spray at whoever answers the door. You could have gotten the wrong apartment number and someone would call the cops on you. No, you don't need to like Nicole.

The Baby Bonnie thing needs to wrap up and Mimi needs a better lipstick colour. She is the new Ghoul Girl. With the huge lips, the greyish shade is a tough sell.

Eve and Victor 'bonding'? You don't say.

• Love 5

I so wish AS and AZ would come back to this show.  DOOL needs Sami and Nicole, especially Sami.  And Kristen and Mimi can't leave soon enough, especially Mimi,

Poor Lucas.  He's going to be devastated by Big Bonnie's deception.

KdP looks amazing in that blue dress.  It's definitely her color.  I typically can't stand Eve, but I enjoyed her scenes with Stefan on Friday and her scenes with Victor today.  Victor's apology was surprisingly good.

6 hours ago, buffynut said:

I didn't get to watch today. What were the flashbacks?

Yes, lots and lots of flashbacks.  It was pretty ridiculous, actually. 

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Chloe’s new do is a definite upgrade.

She looks great with shorter hair!

3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't think hitting Brady over the head would do any more damage.  Heck, it might make things better.

Ha!  I was thinking the same thing.  Brady desperately needs a new personality.  Why not accomplish that goal with a crowbar to the skull?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Same. Although, given the poor pacing and story direction that's made them "villains" at the altar of Saint Paul.........it might be best they're not on much until Paul leaves in the next month or so. :-/

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Unless Eric had told her otherwise, Sami is under the belief that Nicole broke his heart for the umpteemph time.

That's a good point.  I had not thought of that.  

For me, it makes more sense that they aren’t mean to each during a tragic event but for the most part, they are not friends. Sami has hated Nicole for two decades when the later broke Eric’s heart by marrying Lucas for $5 million and she hold grudges forever.

What Nicole did was awful but Sydney still loves Nicole and things eventually turned out okay.  Not that that is an excuse.  However, let's not forget all the hell Sami put Carrie and Belle through back in the day.  So Sami can't really judge for that when she's done equally worse.  Nicole has evolved and so has she.  Futhermore, E.J. has also done some awful things too so cut Nicole some slack.  

• Love 1

I like Sami but I'm so.sick of hearing about EJ I hope he's alive so she'll shut up.about him.

I'm actually enjoying Mimi and I didn't think I would.I enjoyed her and Chloe today.Bonnie is a horrible person but she entertains me lol.

• Love 7

I like Sami but I'm so.sick of hearing about EJ I hope he's alive so she'll shut up.about him.

Ha! A-MEN. I'm fed up too. Wouldn't it be the biggest surprise of the year if James Scott returned for one episode just to be saved by Sami so the two of them could be written off together? I feel badly for fans of this couple, of which I am not one, because they've been strung along for so long. I know that their reunion on the John Oliver show was pretty awesome, but it's very sad to think that another series could manage to do what the producers of Days Of Our Lives can't for their own characters.

Please don't kill off Nicole, show.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

True.  I have no reason to watch this show.  None of the other stories interest me.  The episodes are full of characters I don’t care about.  I’m bored.

Paul is set to leave next month.  They should be building up to that.  Guess they’re going to wrap that story up pretty quick.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 4