Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I still don't think Lucas is that baby's father, but at least Chloe broached the question of paternity test shenanigans given the clusterfucker she experienced with them.

Wouldn't it just be awesome if Chloe found out that nope, Daniel is not Parker's father. There was no reason to change the paternity when Philip, Chloe and Parker were living off screen in Chicago.

• Love 7

I wish the story telling was more seemless. A casual viewer tuning in certain days (Days) would feel like they are tuning into an entire new show. 

The blueness of Chad and Chloe's eyes are both tranquil and piercing like the waters of Fiji, but also a hot slicing laser. Like I could see myself falling in love with Chad in one soulful stare but also pissing him off and falling victim to telekinesis. 

I can't stand Failure but don't want to see her or her baby drugged over  Chad penis. It's 2018 and we're still doing storylines from the 90s. 

Bryan Dattillo/Lucas looks great. Once again manipulated and victimized by a conniving woman. It's 2018 and we're still doing storylines from the 90s ? 

• Love 10

I don't understand how Bonnie thinks that because she allegedly has Lucas's baby, that means she can't go to jail.

How did Gabi carry Abigail upstairs and tuck her into bed?

I'm here for an Abe and Sheila coupling.

What's all this "see you around" stuff between Eli and Lani?  Aren't they partners?

They aged up Thomas

Damn, Gabi, this was alla bout getting Chad back?  I'm not mad, just disappointed.

If Mimi is really the baby's mother, how would that explain her having Lucas's genes?

How long are the police going to allow Bonnie that room instead of a cell?

Oh, come on, Lucas can just ask the cops who came in to visit Bonnie and took the baby out.

What was that on the floor next to Abigail's bed?

• Love 8

I also wondered how Gabi lifted pregnant Abby from being prone on a sofa, upstairs, and into bed. Dead weight of a passed out person is no joke. 

I thought of Buffy how SMG was 100 lbs and able to flip men 3x her size and punch through walls. I know she had slayer poweres but that she was so dainty was comical. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't understand how Bonnie thinks that because she allegedly has Lucas's baby, that means she can't go to jail.

How did Gabi carry Abigail upstairs and tuck her into bed?

I'm here for an Abe and Sheila coupling.

What's all this "see you around" stuff between Eli and Lani?  Aren't they partners?

They aged up Thomas

Damn, Gabi, this was alla bout getting Chad back?  I'm not mad, just disappointed.

If Mimi is really the baby's mother, how would that explain her having Lucas's genes?

How long are the police going to allow Bonnie that room instead of a cell?

Oh, come on, Lucas can just ask the cops who came in to visit Bonnie and took the baby out.

What was that on the floor next to Abigail's bed?

Gabi is strong like Sami as a villainess. Sami did something similar to Carrie.

The Gaby wig was next to Abigail's bed.

I don't care for this story, but, Camila is just gorgeous. 

I am loving T-boz as Sheila. I want her with Eli.

Lucas has a half brother who was involved with Bonnie's daughter. Baby Bonnie is his niece. I am prognosticating, it is not a spoiler.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Blech, Bonnie and Lucas. FF. 

Gabi needs to quit lying to herself. She wants the peen. She wanted it enough to hire a crazy person to pretend stalk her. Then, she wanted it enough to dump JJ and friend zone Eli. Now, she wants it enough to drug a pregnant woman and lie to her “friend” about his child. I can’t wait until he figures all this shit out. 

I hated that they made Abby turn into “Gabby” and all the heinous crap she pulled. Now, I hate that they’ve turned Gabi into this scheming, lying drugging revenge crazed psycho. 

I’ve been watching less and less and I’m ok with it.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I don't think there is anything alleged about Abby's behavior--she is a remarkably self-involved person who rarely considers others feelings yet she is somehow treated like a flawless princess--I enjoy it when other characters are allowed to point out her self-centeredness.  And Gabi made sure that the pills Kayla prescribed for her where the same sleeping pills she used when she was pregnant with Ari, so Gabi's making sure the baby isn't endangered.

How many crimes has Abs waled away from:  kidnapping, assault, murder?  Good for Gabi for holding her accountable for all of the ways Abby hurt her--we all know the Salem DA won't.

Sure, Gabi asked Kayla about the pills, but who's to say they will affect Abby the same way they affected Gabi.   That's why they tell you not to share meds.   Is Abby on medication for her DID?  If so, how would those meds interact?   Plus, it looked like Gabi increased the dosage since she broke up 3 capsules.   What would make this more interesting is if Abby does suffer a medical emergency because of the pills.     I, too wondered how she got Abby up those steps and into bed.    Used to like Gabi, she's been ruined with this storyline.   Disgusted with Kate for going along with it.   Think I should just FF this crap until Gabi's scheme is uncovered.  

• Love 6

I'm with all of you - how did Gabi drag the deadweight of Abigail up the steps? She'd be pretty sore by doing so. All about getting Chad back? Ummmm, let him come to you on his own time. No need to force things. I get her idea of revenge, but this will blow up in her face. And she will deserve the consequences, St. Abigail or not. Unless she has goods on Kate, teaming up with her and filling her in on her plans will backfire. Kate will sell anything to benefit her. Abigail deserves a taste of her own medicine? Absolutely.

Sheila would be good with either Abe or Eli. More spark than Lani.

Bon-Bon is at Mimi's? Still don't think she is Lucas' offspring. More to this story.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Lucas has a half brother who was involved with Bonnie's daughter. Baby Bonnie is his niece. I am prognosticating, it is not a spoiler.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I don't remember any half brother. Do you recall the half brother's name?

• Love 6

I've skipped some out of protest over what this stupid show did to SN/Steve, but did tune in Monday and Tuesday and was intrigued enough to DVR the last two days.  I'm loving the Marlena/Hattie switch.  The stink eye John gave Hattie when he left the room on Tuesday was awesome, as was Hattie's insistence on steak and pudding.  (It must be fund for Deidre Hall to play a character that is so different than Marlena.  Same goes for Judi Evans.)

I'm also liking Roman and Kayla interacting for substantive brother and sister scenes.  Roman is most tolerable with Kayla and Anna, a character I really like.  Is she still around or did she get written off in the most idiotic way possible like so many other characters on Days?

• Love 6

I don't think Gabi's revenge plans are centered on Chad, I think they're centered on the baby.  I think Gabi is obsessed with the idea of not being able to have another child--that's why she's going so over the top with her plot involving Abby and the baby--getting together with Chad is just the bonus.  I do like the idea of Stefan thinking he's getting a family only to have it all torn away when it's revealed that Chad's the father--I am looking forward to that info coming out :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

I had quite a few good laughs during today's episode, and for that I must give kudos.

Watching Hattie scheme against Roman and John and grind Belle into a fine powder over her guilt was kind of delicious. I don't know why Ron decided to write Hattie this way - why the hell would she even care that Marlena was shot by one of her kids? - but I am loving the attitude. I kind of want to sit down and watch an episode of Days with Hattie by my side taking potshots at all the stupidity. And I also loved the looks between John and Hattie. I kind of hope they use this as a redemption story for Hattie, because she really was out of character cruel last year. Although now that she's gone and tried to get herself hitched to John, redemption might be out the window.

I'm also liking Roman and Kayla interacting for substantive brother and sister scenes.  Roman is most tolerable with Kayla and Anna, a character I really like.  Is she still around or did she get written off in the most idiotic way possible like so many other characters on Days?

Anna last appeared when she was cleared of murder charges in the Andre DiMera case. We never saw her leave town, or break up with Roman, but according to Roman in a conversation he had with Eric just before the wedding two weeks ago, he and Anna parted ways amicably sometime after that. Maybe the producers were trying to keep the actress, but contract negotiations fell through so they just didn't write an ending? I'm really not sure why they left us hanging on that for 7 months. I also like Roman and Anna, because they're both kind of weird and have a lot of history.

It's also nice to see Kayla interacting a lot with Roman, because for the longest time I never even realized that Kayla, Roman, Bo and Kimberly were one big family.

I rather enjoyed the episode. I think I like the ones that have subtle character shifts handled with comedy and sensitivity. Hell, we even got Brady admitting that he's a basket case when it comes to relationships!

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Anna last appeared when she was cleared of murder charges in the Andre DiMera case. We never saw her leave town, or break up with Roman, but according to Roman in a conversation he had with Eric just before the wedding two weeks ago, he and Anna parted ways amicably sometime after that. Maybe the producers were trying to keep the actress, but contract negotiations fell through so they just didn't write an ending? I'm really not sure why they left us hanging on that for 7 months. I also like Roman and Anna, because they're both kind of weird and have a lot of history.

The show has never been invested in writing for Anna without Tony. They had a chance to delve into her complicated relationship with her daughter Carrie.  They have never done it, instead they wrote her as a crazy lady crying over Tony's ashes.  I doubt the show wanted the actress full time.  

• Love 4

Brady and Chloe look so good together today. I don't know why Ron does not put them together. They have lots of chemistry, they have history and they used to be married.  The show should have them reconnect and reveal that Parker is Philip's child. Bring back Philip played by a dynamic actor who will take on Brady for his birthright Titan, his son Parker and Chloe.. The story writes itself and is steeped in history.. Broe and Phloe were both popular.  Instead Chloe is with Lucas and Brady is with Eve. Both are lackluster pairings going nowhere.. Chloe's little sister Joy should come back and connect with JJ.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Prairiemakeup said:

How will Gabi be redeemed? She’ll claim PTSD from the prison attack and be loved by all, again.

It isn’t even all that unbelievable that she would be bitter and want some payback. Hell, who wouldn’t? It’s the lengths she’s going to and the completely blasé attitude she has about fucking Chad’s life up that loses me. It’s just not like her to completely disregard someone’s pain in an effort to destroy someone else, much less, actively use him in the plan. Usually, I try to get past this kind of crap when they give the character an out like they were being blackmailed or they have DID or, hey, they were greatly trespassed against. I could be ok with this if she was just going after Abby, but she’s not. She’s destroying what’s left of one child’s parent’s marriage and could be physically affecting one in the damn womb. 

She wants revenge? Cool. To get it she has to create all this collateral damage and she’s knowingly, sometimes gleefully making that choice. She gets no pass from me on this anymore. 

• Love 8

Why is Adrienne acting so awkward around Lucas?

There are a million people Chloe could have gone to for relationship advice better than Brady. At least Brady realizes it.

"How many times do we have to go through this, Eve?'  Good question.  How many times do we have to watch it?

Are there no nurses attending "Marlena"?

Was "a red dime" a slip of Deidre's?

Hattie was killing it today.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Why is Adrienne acting so awkward around Lucas?

There are a million people Chloe could have gone to for relationship advice better than Brady. At least Brady realizes it.

"How many times do we have to go through this, Eve?'  Good question.  How many times do we have to watch it?

Are there no nurses attending "Marlena"?

Addrienne feels guilty because she used Lucas when she was sick and when she was well she dumped him.

• Love 7

Adrienne should feel guilty for using Lucas and then dumping him to go back to Justin. You really have zero reason to assist Bonnie.

Chloe, you can certainly dump Lucas for unbeknownst to him, apparently having a child. He has to put up with Parker, so at least you can do is try. Until both of you figure out Bonnie's real story. There are enough red flags to suspect something.

Eve, shut up about Eric. The truth will eventually come out - it usually does. You will most likely lose Brady and Jenn will lose placeholder/blah boyfriend Eric. Brady, what sort of relationship advice can you give to Chloe?

Belle, you don't think your mother is behaving rather oddly? Hattie was killing it today.

Kayla certainly can't care for the real 'Marlena' herself. There would have to be nurses or residents helping out.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I thought it was a slip too, especially since she quickly added "...or a red cent either..."

My favorite line today was "Is that the 'I almost killed my mother' bouquet"...

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Hattie has shown to mangle words and expressions before on the show.  Remember she could not say bipolar disorder and said bisexual instead. I think it was Hattie correcting herself by saying red cent after saying red dime incorrectly.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

just loving the comic relief.  bonnie (and baby bon bon! ) and hattie is just wonderful. it seems there was more of this years ago or i may be mis-remembering but i think it's great. it can get to be too much with all the serious and crazy stuff. this is nice.  i wish we could bring back eugene and caliope. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

just loving the comic relief.  bonnie (and baby bon bon! ) and hattie is just wonderful. it seems there was more of this years ago or i may be mis-remembering but i think it's great. it can get to be too much with all the serious and crazy stuff. this is nice.  i wish we could bring back eugene and caliope. 

I have been saying that for years that Eugene and Calliope should come back and introduce us to their kids who could mix it up with the people of Salem. It would be cool for Eugene to meet Sami who has his name as her middle name. Eugene was a very dark character that Marlena helped to become a better person. In my mind, he would be solidly in Sami's corner no matter what bad stunt that she pulled because he has been there and could relate. The show used to be good at having people from different generations having strong bonds with each other like Bo and Alice..

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Rowan said:

It isn’t even all that unbelievable that she would be bitter and want some payback. Hell, who wouldn’t? It’s the lengths she’s going to and the completely blasé attitude she has about fucking Chad’s life up that loses me. It’s just not like her to completely disregard someone’s pain in an effort to destroy someone else, much less, actively use him in the plan. Usually, I try to get past this kind of crap when they give the character an out like they were being blackmailed or they have DID or, hey, they were greatly trespassed against. I could be ok with this if she was just going after Abby, but she’s not. She’s destroying what’s left of one child’s parent’s marriage and could be physically affecting one in the damn womb. 

She wants revenge? Cool. To get it she has to create all this collateral damage and she’s knowingly, sometimes gleefully making that choice. She gets no pass from me on this anymore. 

Just what the writers want.  Everyone must love princess horton and despise Gabi.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Just what the writers want.  Everyone must love princess horton and despise Gabi.

I don’t even think that they care all that much. They just write whatever they want with no consideration for for character integrity. They don’t have the attention span to properly push an agenda. 

Look, Gabi will be “redeemed” somehow, just like every other “good Salemite” who does heinous, super illegal things. 

• Love 1

Gabi will be blamed for everything.  Gabi won't get a free pass like Slappy did.  See what happened to Sami.  Because Sami has done bad things in the past, no mention of what led up to Marlena being shot is made.  Despite the fact that Eric grabbing Sami is what made the gun go off, it's still all Sami's fault.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Gabi will be blamed for everything.  Gabi won't get a free pass like Slappy did.  See what happened to Sami.  Because Sami has done bad things in the past, no mention of what led up to Marlena being shot is made.  Despite the fact that Eric grabbing Sami is what made the gun go off, it's still all Sami's fault.

I get what you’re saying, but Sami is a different animal altogether than Gabi. Sami’s  been characterized as a screw up from way back. Gabi has been in a few scrapes here and there, but they straighten and shine her halo up every so often. However, they’ve never really had her embrace the dark side of the force like this before. So, who knows? I mean maybe I could like bad girl Gabi, as long as everybody knows she’s a bad guy. I actually look forward to Camilla getting to play the scenes when everybody finds out. I like my bad guys to be treated like crap, and then do a little good here and there, show some vulnerability, maybe try and do the right thing for love or whatever, then end up fucking it up again. It’s compelling for me. I love a good soap villain with vulnerability. I just wasn’t ready to feel that way about her, I guess. 

• Love 7

People are still going off on Gabi because St. Abigail would not get herself off the elevator and Jack went down to the death.  Gabi is blamed for the death when it was Abigail who killed her Dad.

Gabi is no more of a bad girl than the princess.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

The supposed bad girls (Gabi, Sami, Theresa, etc.) are way more entertaining than Slappy will ever be.

The annoying is that Abigail is a bitchy character and does nasty things. She is not a heroine, or good, or kind or nice. However for whatever reason, the show claims otherwise despite her behavior.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

The supposed bad girls (Gabi, Sami, Theresa, etc.) are way more entertaining than Slappy will ever be.

They should have made Abigail an anti-heroine who struggles with her morality and her sanity.  She is Jack's daughter, I never expected her to be a saint.  The thing is that the show had given her an obsessive trait when Ashley Benson was playing her and they should have built upon that.. Her obsession with Austin should have been the beginning of things to come.. The writers are unable to write heroines, anti-heroines and villainesses correctly.. They write everybody interchangeably.  Marlena is a heroine, Erica Kane on All my children was an anti-heroine and Emma Donovan on Days was a villainess.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

The annoying is that Abigail is a bitchy character and does nasty things. She is not a heroine, or good, or kind or nice. However for whatever reason, the show claims otherwise despite her behavior.

24 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They should have made Abigail an anti-heroine who struggles with her morality and her sanity.  She is Jack's daughter, I never expected her to be a saint.  The thing is that the show had given her an obsessive trait when Ashley Benson was playing her and they should have built upon that.. Her obsession with Austin should have been the beginning of things to come.. The writers are unable to write heroines, anti-heroines and villainesses correctly.. They write everybody interchangeably.  Marlena is a heroine, Erica Kane on All my children was an anti-heroine and Emma Donovan on Days was a villainess.. 

Exactly.  The writers have the characters do the exact same things while designating some characters as good and other characters as bad.  It has the effect of either making me not care about the characters, or I root for characters like Sami and Gabi to burn the town down.

Also, being a heroine does not mean being perfect.  Marlena, Hope, Kayla and Kim made mistakes.  However, the current version of Hope is horrible.  Originally, Roman was pretty much a by the book cop.  Bo and Steve bent the rules a little, but they were still good guys.  Rafe and Hope OTOH have completely crossed the line, and are corrupt cops.

• Love 9

I don’t think being disappointed in both Abby and Gabi are mutually exclusive. I do realize that Abby gets a pass by her family members for all her jacked up shit, but Gabi’s will stand by her as well. She just doesn’t have nearly the same amount of familial connections in town as Abby does. 

I liked them both. I thought the Abby returns to find her BFF in love with her husband was handled pretty well with regards to each of the female character’s integrity. Chad’s the one who came out as less than in that whole thing for me. All the shit since then, however, is just not good for either of them. 

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, MsTree said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I don't remember any half brother. Do you recall the half brother's name?

Rex Brady.  Kate and Roman's son.  That would be an interesting twist.  Bonnie using Rex and Mimi's "second" child as her get out of jail free card.

• Love 6

Thoughts for the week:

For now the Hattie storyline is fun though we'll see how long that lasts. I especially loved all of the side-eye and WTF faces that Hattie, John, and Roman were making when "Marlena" first woke up. And John's STFU faces over Belle's shoulder in Friday's episode. I think I actually find John and Hattie far more watchable than John and Marlena. And this is the first time in, well, forever that Roman has been entertaining too. I loved Hattie's crack about Belle's bouquet not being the "Sorry I almost killed you, Mom" bouquet, ha. Though honestly I thought the flowers were really pretty. Anyway, I'm all for Hattie reading Belle for filth at every opportunity. (Side note: between Hattie, Bonnie, and Ryan/Kevin over on GH it's become Doppelgänger season on soaps lately, WTH)

Poor Sami, always the evil guilty party no matter what's happened. Save a seat for Gabi, will you? I think she'll probably be joining you soon enough.

Chloe's confrontation with Bonnie was surprisingly entertaining. Also, Chloe's black belted dress looked really nice. Though Chloe, if you're asking Brady for relationship advice, you're in a bad, bad way. Judging from Brady's expression I think he was thinking the exact same thing.

So Lucas finally gets a story and it's really stupid. Color me shocked.

I've really liked Sheila (that's T-Boz's character, right?) this week. Here's hoping they develop her into a full character and give her a storyline of her own. She and Eli would definitely be interesting.

I'm still enjoying Ben far more than I probably should, though I'd be happy if they'd get him away from the insufferable teen set and even-more-insufferable Hope.

On 9/22/2018 at 10:02 AM, Rowan said:

I don’t even think that they care all that much. They just write whatever they want with no consideration for for character integrity.

17 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

The writers have the characters do the exact same things while designating some characters as good and other characters as bad.  It has the effect of either making me not care about the characters, or I root for characters like Sami and Gabi to burn the town down.

This. SO much. This is exactly why it's so hard to get invested in soaps these days, because all four remaining shows are guilty of it. Well said, Tigerlynx and Rowan.

• Love 6

Oh poor Hope.  Rafe thinks she planted evidence.  Of course, neither Rafe or Hope have ever broken the law.  Rafe has no basis for his suspicions, oh wait, actually Rafe would have every reason to believe that Hope committed a crime, and someone helped her cover it up.  Because that someone would have been Rafe.  Both of these self righteous judgmental hypocrites can shut up now.  How many times did Rafe cover for Sami or Gabi, only to throw it in Sami's face when they were no longer together?

• Love 9

Man, but I love that Brady's about to be gutted, first by Eric and then by Eve. Brady and Eve deserve to be as unhappy as they have made everyone around them, especially Theresa and Eric.  ANd I love Brady's spitting out that Tate's happy in LA and that he's made friends, like that doesn't matter one iota.  Father of the Year--NOT!!

Why is Ciara telling her mother to instantly forgive Rafe's having such little faith in her and yet, she's the first to run off in a huff the instant Tripp doesn't react the way she wants?

• Love 11

Hattie, do you think marrying John will last? Once the real Marlena wakes up, you're done. And don't think that Abe or whoever works at the city courthouse who deals with marriage licenses and such couldn't doctor up a fake one for you.  No need to marry John tomorrow. Look realistic - i.e. you have been shot so getting married can wait a few days. At least til you can have a bath and such.

Shawn has the Salem Brain this week? Rafe has covered up plenty of crimes - even some involving esteemed members of the Salem PD.  Too easy, too convenient.

Hope, are you trying to get in your daughter's good graces? If she finds out you planted the evidence, she will go flying back to Ben. Stay out of your daughter's life.

Looking forward to Eric having a nice go at Brady. Jenn, you did the right thing. Even if you apparently knew about all of this for two months. It should have been up to Brady to tell Eric the truth. Eve, you are playing with borrowed time. Someone will figure out that you worked with Victor to make Theresa look bad. And wait til *she* deals with you.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Hattie expect a wedding using a fake name would be legal once it was revealed that she wasn't really Marlena?

You marry the person, not the name. The marriage would still be legal.

But it's still dumb because John would just have it annulled ASAP.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Black Knight said:

You marry the person, not the name. The marriage would still be legal.

But it's still dumb because John would just have it annulled ASAP.

That' not true, a marriage under false pretenses isn't legal.

Except in Salem, probably.

• Love 7

In February 1997 John thought he was marrying Kristen but it was Susan in disguise as Kristen; when the truth came out that summer, John had to ask Susan for an annulment (which Susan was happy to give because she thought Elvis was in love with her).

• Love 3