Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

You KNOW if it was Sami trying to say she should follow Marlena's directive Belle would be crying and slapping.

That's because Sami is the DEVIL.  The Sami is the evilest person ever is so played out, not only because Allison Sweeney is no longer on the show full time, but also, have the writers taken a good look at the characters living in Salem that they wrote?  These are not nice people to put it mildly.

59 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

BonBon? This kid came out of nowhere. Lucas is going to run off with the kid? Take Bonnie with him? Unless she can keep her baby with her in prison, he can file for full custody and probably get it.

This is the story Lucas gets?  I agree Lucas should get custody of the kid, and let Bonnie rot in prison.

• Love 4

I've never said this before, the thought never even crossed my mind as a possibility, but damn!, Drake did one helluva GREAT job today!  He was excellent.

As was Martha Madison as Belle, superb job by both of them.

Awwww, so Lockhart's got a bouncing baby .......

giphy.gif

just what you'd expect from eggs that date from the pleistocene age.....Lucas has the shittiest luck.

Little Bonnie Jr. DOES resemble her big sister, Mimi, though.  Same charm.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, salvame said:

I'm so friggin' confused. How the heck old is Bonnie supposed to be? 

GMAFB

This is the same show that had Doc knocked up at around 60, so...

Drake Hogestyn gets dragged a lot (and mostly deservedly so) for his acting, so let me be another to say he did a great job today. I guess when there is something to actually play, he can still rise to the occasion. He was never great, but back in his RoJohn days, he had charisma and charm, so I liked him regardless, especially with Original Isabella. Loved his attitude with Belle.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This is the same show that had Doc knocked up at around 60, so...

Drake Hogestyn gets dragged a lot (and mostly deservedly so) for his acting, so let me be another to say he did a great job today. I guess when there is something to actually play, he can still rise to the occasion. He was never great, but back in his RoJohn days, he had charisma and charm, so I liked him regardless, especially with Original Isabella. Loved his attitude with Belle.

Drake was always a chemistry magnet and that mitigated his limitations as an actor. He sparkled with Isabella, Marlena, Diana, Rebecca and Kristen.. He even sparkled with Kate..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Well, damn. Those scenes with Belle and John were terrific. I know Belle has gotten a lot of flack on here lately for her reactions to Sami (which, while harsh, aren't exactly unwarranted), but I really like her a lot. And I think the actress is terrific. I’d love to see her stick around.

• Love 6

Okay, so.. I like Paul and think he is definitely the best person in this triangle.  But it turns out the only thing more nauseating to me than Will and Sonny waxing nostalgic about their great love like 2015 never happened is watching them canonize Paul and then "nobly" sacrifice their great love in his name.  You both still suck, Wilson.  And mooning over each other while Will forces himself to be with Paul for Paul's sake is not noble, it's condescending and eventually more hurtful. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I so needed that laugh. Thank you.

I do what I can, heh, sometimes this show makes it where I have to just laugh at some of its’ ridiculous nonsense. 

1 hour ago, RachelKM said:

Okay, so.. I like Paul and think he is definitely the best person in this triangle.  But it turns out the only thing more nauseating to me than Will and Sonny waxing nostalgic about their great love like 2015 never happened is watching them canonize Paul and then "nobly" sacrifice their great love in his name.  You both still suck, Wilson.  And mooning over each other while Will forces himself to be with Paul for Paul's sake is not noble, it's condescending and eventually more hurtful. 

I truly could not have said it any better myself. If I could like this post a thousand times I would.

It was revolting watching this pathetic spin on the narrative meant to make those two look selfless, as if. 

Paul does not need their pity, he does not to be treated like some crippled, delicate flower, if anything they should know him well enough to know he would never want this or want to live with a Will who feels obligated to stay with him out of guilt only. 

These two are anything but honorable, they are once again making crap, immature decisions that are unnecessary and, as you said, quite hurtful at the end of the day.

And are we supposed to really believe that they are going to “resist” temptation during this for an indefinite period of time? 

That there won’t be secret meet ups or longing looks given or more secrets kept or lies told while Paul, supposedly, has no idea what’s going on? 

It’s just an insulting sloppy mess of a storyline, IMO. 

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RachelKM said:

God Lord, Will and Sonny can't win for losing with some of you. They're selfish assholes because they realize they love each other and Will decides to break-up with Paul. And, now, they decide not to be together and they're still selfish.

I will agree that them lionizing Saint Paul was vomitous. And Will should just break up with Paul. They're going to be seen as villains anyway, they might as well be happy.

38 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

Paul does not need their pity, he does not to be treated like some crippled, delicate flower, if anything they should know him well enough to know he would never want this or want to live with a Will who feels obligated to stay with him out of guilt only. 

I know some people want to ignore this but Will has said about a thousand times that he does still love and care about Paul. He just loves Sonny more. He told Brady he's not staying with him only out of pity but because he does care.

Man, I truly saw the family resemblance with John and Brady today. Just shut up, Brady and stay out of other people's love lives given you can barely manage your own. I may have been the only one but I cheered when Will told Brady to back off and he had no room to preach and wasn't perfect himself. I would give him credit for apologizing (and the look on EM's face when Will told him they were saying good-bye was priceless) but I'm sure he was only apologizing because they were doing what he wanted.

I get that the situation with Marlena is stressful and horrible and no one wants to see a loved one die but John was an asshole today. The fact that he doesn't care not one bit that this is what Marlena and apparently doesn't see any reason to honor her wishes but him telling Belle he was ashamed to call her daughter was pretty rank. 

• Love 7

Why is Eve dressed like she's going out on the town?

"Our daughter"? Is John calling Belle Roman's daughter, or does he mean our as in John and Marlena?

But Sami is Roman's daughter, John doesn't consider her his daughter? Since when?

"I introduced you to that dead corpse." Interesting way to put it.

Do Will and Sonny really think Paul won't know what they're up to?

The belligerent Brady, who likes to attack people. He never tries to control his own assholery but he likes to call it out  on other people.

I'm surprised Show actually let Brady know Will and Sonny were breaking up instead of letting it festers for days or weeks.

They actually went there with Bonnie being too old to have a kid.

STFU, John.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

God Lord, Will and Sonny can't win for losing with some of you. They're selfish assholes because they realize they love each other and Will decides to break-up with Paul. And, now, they decide not to be together and they're still selfish.

I will agree that them lionizing Saint Paul was vomitous. And Will should just break up with Paul. They're going to be seen as villains anyway, they might as well be happy.

You're quite right.  It's already been written that Sonny dumped Paul and then chased him all around Salem blaming him for Will's actions.  And it's already been written that Will has zero conflict in deciding to be with Sonny pre-Paul might be crippled drama.  So they already have been written as dicks.  Cannot be fixed.  But today just made them seem like self-deluded, condescending dicks on top of the existing dickery.  

I'm not saying I will never like Will or Sonny again. I actually still like Will, just not his current behavior/writing.  And I once loved Sonny and I could conceivable love him again (the last two years have done him no favors, though).  But within this story, the hole has been dug.  I would like the writing to please put the shovel down. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Has days always been so bad at writing love triangles? 

Over time it seems to have gotten worse and worse. I would say that now it’s at its’ lowest level for sure, there’s no real quality to the couplings anymore, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I know some people want to ignore this but Will has said about a thousand times that he does still love and care about Paul. He just loves Sonny more. He told Brady he's not staying with him only out of pity but because he does care.

In my book actions speak louder than words.

Will can say and claim whatever he wants to about caring for Paul, today his ass still sat on a public park bench, swapping spit with Sonny as some “loving goodbye smooch” until they can finally be together again. 

In my eyes Will’s nothing but a straight up coward.

If he truly thinks keeping Paul in pity breakup limbo is “kinder” than just being honest now? He’s a foolish one as well.

Before more time is spent lying and sneaking around and being unfaithful and dishonest, just tell the truth.

If his love for Sonny outweighs what he feels for Paul, then he owes it to Paul to tell him that, full stop. 

Giving Paul even more time to bond with the man he loves and thinks loves him is just madness and incredibly cruel when they finally decide to come clean later on. 

To me that isn’t behaving in some caring way, it’s careless, pointless, wasted time and energy which will still leave a horrible mess in the end. 

Will’s acting like a hormonal teenager who is allowing his feelings to get the better of him. He’s even bending to peer pressure, Brady, over staying with Paul, it’s ludicrous. 

He’s a grown man, a father, he needs to be ready to make hard choices when it’s called for. 

If hurting Paul means he gets the man he loves and his family back then so be it. At least Paul will then also be free to cope and move on as needed, instead of living a lie until the rug gets pulled out from under his probably still unsteady legs. 

As far as I see it, Will’s current choices reek of pity and guilt and stupidity, IMO. 

And for Sonny to go along with this, to encourage this, is just as unforgivable to me. He of all people should know what a terrible idea this is and be actively against it. Obviously the Leo fiasco has taught them nothing about honesty and trying to delay the inevitable. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"Our daughter"? Is John calling Belle Roman's daughter, or does he mean our as in John and Marlena?

I noticed that too and I was like wait what lol. But then I figured he just meant him and Marlena and it was just oddly phrased.

Chloe was fun today. I was glad someone finally brought up Bonnie's age.

• Love 3

There's no way for me to not roll my eyes at the prospect of Marlena dying but it was fascinating watching John lash out everyone like a wild animal backed into a corner.  Kudos to DH for dredging up all of that raw emotion.  

What's Jennifer's big secret that Eve wants her to keep her mouth shut about?  

• Love 9

I could watch Will shouting "Damn it Brady!" to the cows come home--Chandler needs to yell at more people because it's really entertaining:)

I think Will and Sonny are in an untenable situation right now because when they realized they were in love and wanted to be together, viewers were shouting that they were being selfish assholes and now that they decided that they aren't going to be together because Will can't leave Paul, they're condescending dicks, so what is the right course of action?

Belle is also in that same horrible situation because she's trying to do right by both of her parents--where are her husband and daughter in her moment of crisis?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Ohhhh.  How did Jennifer find that out?  Eavesdropping???  

I think it was Brady who told her.

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Belle is also in that same horrible situation because she's trying to do right by both of her parents--where are her husband and daughter in her moment of crisis?

Claire would make it all about her.

• Love 2

Why is Eve wearing a cocktail dress? Don't any of the residents of Salem own jeans and a t-shirt or some other top? I also notice that when some folks are home (i.e. Jenn), they are dressed up and have heels on. I usually have either socks or slides or flip flops on. My heels would be at the door or in a shoe bag to take to the car.

At least Chloe pointed out that Bonnie seemed a bit old to have had a baby. Lucas can send her back to Statesville and get custody, if Bonnie Jr. is his.

Geez, John, Belle is just doing her job. Her mother made her the executor of her DNR or whatever it is. You probably have the bucks to file a court motion to have it overturned.

Paul may now be paralyzed, but he is not stupid. He is probably well aware that now that Will has his memories back, that his future with Will is cloudy. He certainly wouldn't want Will to stick with him out of guilt and obligation.  He'd enjoy watching the karmic trainwreck of Paul and Will getting back together without addressing the issues that led them to divorce.  And then dump Will when he comes back.

Did like Will yelling at Brady - about time someone called him out.

Jenn is right that there is someone between her and Eric. Nicole will always be there until his business with her is resolved. And oh yes, the universe will bring them both to each other's orbit to settle. Jenn's relationship is built on a semi-lie - it's just two friends who decided to get together. On paper, there really isn't much for her and Eric to bring to a relationship. And both seem awkward and uncomfortable with the other.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Do Will and Sonny really think Paul won't know what they're up to?

I wouldn’t put it past the writers to turn Paul into a total dolt that has no clue what’s going on and he just thinks that Will and Sonny are super supportive of his recovery.

I hope I am wrong though because there’s enough useless idiocy going around in spades. 

And on top of that, does Wilson really think Paul losing Will to Sonny will ruin him?

That he’ll lose his “will”, punny, to live? That this will be such a travesty he shall never, ever get over it?

Just how self important of an assumption is that? 

Paul is not a child, he has more than enough to live for and look forward to, and he sure as hell could do loads better than Will or Sonny, so them acting as if they must save the poor, weak, dear hearted Paul from a shattering heartbreak that will destroy him...get off yourselves. 

Whatever happens with his legs he still has his baseball money, I think?, and the rest of his whole package physically and otherwise, including his personality and charm, he will do okay. He will, in fact, survive.

The writing for this is just awful, IMO, all three characters have to be painted as either self serving idiots or clueless pawns to for it to work and it’s not. 

Drake is holding his own even if John is basically turning into Abe 2.0, behaving in a similar fashion Abe did after Theo had been shot, it’s hard to keep feeling sympathetic towards a screaming, shrieking, over the top terror machine. 

• Love 5
On 9/11/2018 at 12:13 PM, QueenSerena said:

I liked this, but after some of the posts that followed, I feel that I should explain a bit. I haven't seen it so much here but over on stan twitter? Yikes........it's ugly and flat-out vicious at times. That's the kind of stuff I go out of my way to avoid.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:29 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Twitter is a cesspool and the Sonny hatred is exaggerated at times and it reminds me of how Will was treated in 2015, when he was being called a slut, bitch, whore, all forms of derogatory terms used to insult  and debase women. It was not lost on me why they were doing it to Will.. 

Twitter is a cesspool and is the worst, but I’m not just talking about on there.  I’m talking about on other boards.  There’s a little of it here, but on other boards, it’s insane.  Hell, I might’ve been banned from one from trying to call it out on there.  The Sonny and Freddie hate is just over the top ridiculous.

8 hours ago, lilly6 said:

Brady:   Please suck it. 

That is all.

That just needs to be on a billboard.

And since Will is staying with Paul, watch him fall in love with Paul.  Get some real feelings for him and then he would be conflicted or whatever.  Because it’s still September.  They need to do something to drag this story out.

• Love 6

So Huey and Dewey are foreswearing their love because Louey can't walk.  Now that's noble.  And then comes Elmer Fudd, huntin' some whabbit and boy is he steamed!  Then Huey and Dewey spike his guns.

giphy.gif

Ain't love grand?

I could care less about the gleesome threesome but that would mean I cared at all.  Far away, in the Upside Down, I liked Will and Sonny.  Then Paul of the Sparkly Smile came to town and though now canonized, at the time he was a duplicitious, rather creepy, closeted Sonny stalker who bedded Will instead.  Then he was remolded into a John Black son and became just SUPER keen to everybody while Will went temporarily dead and Sonny became a collection of tics and moods slathered in a heavy coating of insincerity sauce.

Now Will is alive again, though there are times he looks like the lights are on but nobody is home, Sonny is long past his sell-by date but Paul still sparkles like a teeth-whitening ad on steroids.  Always the hero, can't walk, get him a stuffed animal and a cookie.

But, BUT, Brady got told off and has FINALLY SHUT UP.  So something good came of it.

DH is giving his all to this story, as is Martha Madison and I'm enjoying them both even though we all know Marlena is going to wake up.  But they've been great, as has been Eric.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, boes said:

So Huey and Dewey are foreswearing their love because Louey can't walk.  Now that's noble.  And then comes Elmer Fudd, huntin' some whabbit and boy is he steamed!  Then Huey and Dewey spike his guns.

giphy.gif

Ain't love grand?

I could care less about the gleesome threesome but that would mean I cared at all.  Far away, in the Upside Down, I liked Will and Sonny.  Then Paul of the Sparkly Smile came to town and though now canonized, at the time he was a duplicitious, rather creepy, closeted Sonny stalker who bedded Will instead.  Then he was remolded into a John Black son and became just SUPER keen to everybody while Will went temporarily dead and Sonny became a collection of tics and moods slathered in a heavy coating of insincerity sauce.

Now Will is alive again, though there are times he looks like the lights are on but nobody is home, Sonny is long past his sell-by date but Paul still sparkles like a teeth-whitening ad on steroids.  Always the hero, can't walk, get him a stuffed animal and a cookie.

But, BUT, Brady got told off and has FINALLY SHUT UP.  So something good came of it.

DH is giving his all to this story, as is Martha Madison and I'm enjoying them both even though we all know Marlena is going to wake up.  But they've been great, as has been Eric.

Perfect description of Paul. 

I feel that Paul was written as being the real son of John Black, as opposed to Eric and Brady. I will never criticize Ron ever in life, if he were to reveal that Paul is Peter's and not John's. We all know that Parker is Philip's son and not Tan man.  That error needs to be fixed as well.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

And since Will is staying with Paul, watch him fall in love with Paul.  Get some real feelings for him and then he would be conflicted or whatever.  Because it’s still September.  They need to do something to drag this story out.

I could see that. 

A thought I’ve had is that Paul is going to feel so strongly about having a future with Will, since he’s planning to stay with him throughout whatever is to come, Paul will propose marriage, just to keep twisting the knife. 

Only DOOL could somehow manage to not only rush an absolute hack jab of a storyline but also drag it out needlessly all at the same time.

I would say that takes talent to pull off but..l’m pretty sure it’s something else. 

• Love 2

Drake is holding his own even if John is basically turning into Abe 2.0, behaving in a similar fashion Abe did after Theo had been shot

Ohhhhhhh, astute. And another reason why I'm bored by all this.

At least Deidre gets to collect a paycheck for sleeping on the job.

How can any life-or-death situation be taken seriously in Salem anymore when everyone knows there is a resurrection serum?

• Love 6

We all know Marlena will live. That said, I can't join the "STFU, John!" club. A loved one on life support is an unimaginable pain; to the heart. And talk of end of life will never be received well. (I'm sure everyone knows this. I'm just saying.)

If anything, I think Drake/John is still doing a credible to good job with that in mind. Yes, I know it is fiction here. But, for once, Days is tackling a relatable scenario instead of possession or other campy shit. And really, it's about time.

Besides, as we know Doc will live, John will make up with his loved ones. So...whatever. He's being a rage monger. At least it's for a good reason. But I think this would all carry some weight if, say, Deidre Hall was in contract negotiations or something. But as is the trouble these days, we can guess the outcome, so...yawn.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

We all know Marlena will live. That said, I can't join the "STFU, John!" club. A loved one on life support is an unimaginable pain; to the heart. And talk of end of life will never be received well. (I'm sure everyone knows this. I'm just saying.)

If anything, I think Drake/John is still doing a credible to good job with that in mind. Yes, I know it is fiction here. But, for once, Days is tackling a relatable scenario instead of possession or other campy shit. And really, it's about time.

Besides, as we know Doc will live, John will make up with his loved ones. So...whatever. He's being a rage monger. At least it's for a good reason. But I think this would all carry some weight if, say, Deidre Hall was in contract negotiations or something. But as is the trouble these days, we can guess the outcome, so...yawn.

Same here. I am team John, he is in shock, hurting, angry and lashing out. He sees Isabella as being unreasonable and cold, who is trying to take his doc away. He has never given up on Marlena. In his mind, he cannot comprehend why his daughter does not have this fight in her to fight for her mother. He is deeply disappointed in her and he is allowed to voice that. He is being an asshole in this moment in time.  He was not very nice to Roman and threw some shade on Sami, but, he took it in stride. He understood that pain and desperation was driving John to behave like that.  I don't understand why some people can't understand that. It seems like the heroic characters like John and Abe are not allowed to be fallible human beings. They are supposed to be perfect, understanding, charitable, nice, smiling and full of joy all the time.  Yet, when they act like that, they are called boring, sanctimonious and judgmental. Whereas, vile characters on this show could do everything bad under the sun, but, because they had a bad experience in their childhood that makes it okay.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17

Poor Justin, foiled again!

I like all the family interactions about this DNR stuff, buuut I think it would be playing a touch better with a little more time.  Like, maybe Belle had found the DNR and then sat on it for a week or something before she kicked all this off.

• Love 3

Ok, from a medical standpoint, this story is bullshit.  Marlena has a DNR, do not resuscitate, not a DNI, do not intubate. She’s not brain dead, she’s not decompensating, her heart is strong, there is absolutely no reason to extubate at this point since she never expressly wished not to be intubated. At this point, it’s just a way to give her body a rest so she can fight her infection. Belle is purposely killing her mother for no good reason and definitely against her wishes.

Doctor rant over.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, rwlevin said:

Ok, from a medical standpoint, this story is bullshit.  Marlena has a DNR, do not resuscitate, not a DNI, do not intubate. She’s not brain dead, she’s not decompensating, her heart is strong, there is absolutely no reason to extubate at this point since she never expressly wished not to be intubated. At this point, it’s just a way to give her body a rest so she can fight her infection. Belle is purposely killing her mother for no good reason and definitely against her wishes.

Doctor rant over.

I don't have a medical directive yet, but this storyline sure gave me pause about having one.  How long has it been since she was intubated?   Like a day or maybe two?   Has there been enough time for the medications to take effect?  Until the doctors say there is absolutely no hope for her to recover, it seems they should not be rushing to remove the breathing tube.   I know someone who had sepsis and he was really, really sick.  We didn't think he'd recover, but he did.   It didn't happen overnight, though.   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, rwlevin said:

Doctor rant over.

Thank you!  Not a doctor, but this has been bugging me all week.  It's like a reverse PSA, scaring people from having a DNR.  Of course it doesn't make sense to extubate her when she is fighting the infection.  It has really weakened the story, because I don't even see Belle's dilemma as a result.  Why would you disconnect her when there is a chance for her to recover?  Belle should have just destroyed the document.  I really cannot blame John for being utterly pissed at her.

• Love 10

Yea, it really doesn't make sense. But I just take it for what it is and try not to really think of it logically lol.

I can't at the "Oh is Ben gonna strangle Ciara? Oh she's scared! Oh it was just a silly misunderstanding tee hee!" I mean!

I am loving Claire being a schemey little bitch trying to get Tripp. Such fun! I also loved the scenes with Claire/Shawn/Belle. Nice stuff.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sas616 said:

I don't have a medical directive yet, but this storyline sure gave me pause about having one.  How long has it been since she was intubated?   Like a day or maybe two?   Has there been enough time for the medications to take effect?  Until the doctors say there is absolutely no hope for her to recover, it seems they should not be rushing to remove the breathing tube.   I know someone who had sepsis and he was really, really sick.  We didn't think he'd recover, but he did.   It didn't happen overnight, though.   

Don't let this travesty of a storyline stop you.  They're very important to have, if that's your wish, and believe me, this nonsense in no way reflects the reality of DNR, medical power of attorney or pretty much anything in this spacial dimension.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can't at the "Oh is Ben gonna strangle Ciara? Oh she's scared! Oh it was just a silly misunderstanding tee hee!" I mean!

I am loving Claire being a schemey little bitch trying to get Tripp. Such fun! I also loved the scenes with Claire/Shawn/Belle. Nice stuff.

Ben killed three women and almost killed Will yet we're supposed to think it's cutely amusing to see him carrying a scarf in a psuedo-scary way?  WTF??!!

I really enjoyed the family moments, especially the Belle, Shawn and Claire scenes--all three reacted very believably and I really liked all three of them reaching twards each other to hold hands.  A rather sweet moment.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Ben killed three women and almost killed Will yet we're supposed to think it's cutely amusing to see him carrying a scarf in a psuedo-scary way?  WTF??!!

I really enjoyed the family moments, especially the Belle, Shawn and Claire scenes--all three reacted very believably and I really liked all three of them reaching twards each other to hold hands.  A rather sweet moment.

Yeah......Ben Weston really shouldn't try "cutsey", ever.  As awful as Hope is behaving - she really should be having NOTHING to do with Ben in an official capacity - her hating Ben being around Ciara makes perfect sense.  

She's still unbearable, however.  Though wardrobe did take some revenge today, dressing her like a melting raspberry dreamcicle, in the colors of the flag of Kyrgyzstan.

She and Rafe are perfectly matched.

Drake is still doing a terrific job, as is Martha Madison, and as you say, Belle and Shawn and Claire had a sweet family moment.

• Love 12

I dont know what the hell is wrong with me but I was in tears with the Ben and Ciara scenes with the motorcycle. I chalk it up to the fact that I will always miss Bo and I adored the bond between Both and Ciara.  When she said "you gave me a piece of my dad back". Well damn.

• Love 6

Ben didn't have to put the bike back together. It must have taken hours and hours to do so. Where did he get the money for the parts needed to fix it. I didn't like the scarf or whatever he was holding - that was not cute - but he did do something good, with no expectations of anything. Something to give a piece of Ciara's dad back to her.

Hope, you have no business probably 'creating' 'evidence' against Ben. He served his time and he can do what he likes to rebuild his life. You don't like him, you have concerns about his past. Shut up and let your adult daughter make her own decisions. Ben can sue the police department for your actions. And you would be rightfully fired for your unprofessional behavior and Ben can walk away with a lot of $$$$. Hate the guy all you want, but let your daughter make her own choices.

Your boyfriend/husband/whatever he is can certainly spend time with his ex as a friend. Maybe it is time that you grow up a little. The fiery, free spirit Hope has become quite the vindictive, judgmental, jealous, hateful woman.

Tripp, Ciara came back to spend time with you. Claire wants you - no one else is currently on the horizon. You deserve better than either of them.

• Love 10

This Medical Directive storyline is crap from beginning to finish and worst of all, it's giving an incorrect and distorted view of the whole situation.  Marlena is suffering from septic shock, she's being treated for it and as it stands this directive shouldn't even be coming in to play.  Now if that's the way the story was being played, it would be okay.  But instead it's being played as if the Medical Directive itself is the problem when, used at is intended, it's the solution.  It's the final chance for the patient to have a say, the ultimate say, in their treatment.  Belle, as the executer of the document isn't the one deciding, it's decided by medical opinion based on the patient's current condition, response to treatment and long term outcome.  

A Medical Directive is meant to prevent well-meaning people from obstructing the patient's wishes.  Nobody is "Killing" anybody, nobody is being "heartless", nobody is being irresponsible.  They're all entitled to their feelings but what they're NOT entitled to do is to have their feelings trump the wishes of the person who has decided how their last days will play out if the worst happens.

But this storyline is doing a huge disservice to the concept.

Belle isn't KILLING HER MOM as Show has had both Jawn and Sami and Claire say.

I've been in Belle's shoes several times in my life and thankfully I've been surrounded by family members and friends who understood what was really happening, as sad is it was.

Ron C. gets a double F for this crap.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope, you have no business probably 'creating' 'evidence' against Ben. He served his time and he can do what he likes to rebuild his life. You don't like him, you have concerns about his past. Shut up and let your adult daughter make her own decisions. Ben can sue the police department for your actions. And you would be rightfully fired for your unprofessional behavior and Ben can walk away with a lot of $$$$. Hate the guy all you want, but let your daughter make her own choices.

Your boyfriend/husband/whatever he is can certainly spend time with his ex as a friend. Maybe it is time that you grow up a little. The fiery, free spirit Hope has become quite the vindictive, judgmental, jealous, hateful woman.

Can Hope actually get more insufferable?  She was in royal bitch mode today simply because Rafe was comforting someone who thought her mother would die!  I guess because Sami is EVIL she isn't allowed to feel love and sadness like other people.

And Hope, way to announce to people that you are going to "find" evidence by the end of the day.  Nothing suspicious there, nope, uh-uh, move along, nothing to see here.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, rwlevin said:

Doctor rant over.

Yes. Thank you. It's been what, about 2 days since Marlena's been intubated...too soon for anything like this, plus, as you said...this is a DNR. It has nothing to do with removing her breathing assistance. Sheesh.They have managed to foul this story up but good.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, boes said:

This Medical Directive storyline is crap from beginning to finish and worst of all, it's giving an incorrect and distorted view of the whole situation.  Marlena is suffering from septic shock, she's being treated for it and as it stands this directive shouldn't even be coming in to play.  Now if that's the way the story was being played, it would be okay.  But instead it's being played as if the Medical Directive itself is the problem when, used at is intended, it's the solution.  It's the final chance for the patient to have a say, the ultimate say, in their treatment.  Belle, as the executer of the document isn't the one deciding, it's decided by medical opinion based on the patient's current condition, response to treatment and long term outcome.  

A Medical Directive is meant to prevent well-meaning people from obstructing the patient's wishes.  Nobody is "Killing" anybody, nobody is being "heartless", nobody is being irresponsible.  They're all entitled to their feelings but what they're NOT entitled to do is to have their feelings trump the wishes of the person who has decided how their last days will play out if the worst happens.

But this storyline is doing a huge disservice to the concept.

I've been in Belle's shoes several times in my life and thankfully I've been surrounded by family members and friends who understood what was really happening, as sad is it was.

Ron C. gets a double F for this crap.

What was also implied, by Justin I think, is that Belle having the Health Proxy, could make a decision to not take Marlena off the ventilator.

But Belle, with Shawn and Claire, made it seem like it was out of her control and maybe John could stop things.

What a mess.

• Love 5