Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, MsTree said:

And that's both the good and the bad news. Good for those who want to see lingering stories come to a climax and/or move forward, and bad for folks like us who really miss Eileen. Although I will say, you got me beat in that department x1000 ;-)

Yeah, I'm never going to be over this recast LOL. But Staci is doing fine and I won't begrudge anyone who likes her...

...as long as Eileen returns to this show. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I have to wonder if Alison Sweeney would even agree to come back if they recast EJ.

Alison Sweeney has no interest in returning full time to Days.  The character of Sami was on Days long before EJ was, and Alison Sweeney's decision to leave had nothing to do with EJ or James Scott.

7 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Poor Sami.  Yes she did her part in the shooting of Marlena but Eric helped out but only Sami is blamed.

That's par for the course.  It's actually sad how much the show still wants to rely on Sami causing chaos and getting blamed for everything.

6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Right or wrong, Belle acted in an emotional way to an extremely emotional moment and if their positions were reversed, Sami would have done the same.

The difference is if the positions were reversed, Belle would be instantly forgiven.  Sami will be raked over the coals for years.

5 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Ridiculous, yes. Surprising? Nope. Because Rafe is a moron! You can't fix stupid.

And poor Sami tried for years.

5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Hope has forgiven Rafe.  Hope has not forgiven Sami.   Rafe wants to keep it that way.  

Sami didn't do anything she needs to be forgiven for.  Sami had sex with Rafe when Rafe and Hope were broken up, and Hope was the one who dumped Rafe.

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

He got lost along the way.

At one point, Brady, Eric and Rafe were competing with Austin for dumbest man in Salem.  I think Brady is winning at this point.  Then again Rafe is really really stupid.

Shut up Sonny.  Chandler is doing a good job.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 14

Another good episode!

I'm also enjoying SH as Susan and Kristen.  She's made Susan more sympathetic, and Kristen more menacing, than ED did ... at least for me. 

Belle's ridiculous behavior toward Sami at the hospital notwithstanding, she and Shawn should be on this show full time.  As someone else said, Claire needs more people in her orbit and Days needs more characters in their age range.

Abe giving John his support today was awesome.  I don't understand why this show doesn't do more with Abe.  

Chandler Massey was wonderful again, too.  Still prefer Will with Paul, though.  They have more chemistry and make a gorgeous couple.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Sami did not cause this mayhem. Kristen did.

Kristen kidnapped and drugged Sami. For weeks.

Sami escaped to save her mother. 

Kristen designed that moment with a dazed, drugged Sami as weapon against Marlena and John.

Sami didn't asked for any of that.

Pretty much every professional agent/PI in that "room" is  responsible for Marlena getting shot.  John, Patch, Paul.  Where were they when the gun landed in Sami's hands? John could have scooped that gun right out of her hands.  Don't these guys watch movies?  Yes, it is a ridiculous plot point, but when Belle goes off on Sami, it just irks.

Plus, this is not the first time this version of Belle is shrewish.  She has pretty much been like this for the last ten years.  She is not that likeable.  Sami could have slapped her right back, but she didn't.  

Sami made it pretty clear she was there to save Marlena, even Marlena got that.  

• Love 12

Random but I just stumbled upon this video about DID:

This woman claims to have eleven alters and says that they were born out of childhood trauma, which is the root of DID. What the hell was Abigail's trauma...?

Kristen designed that moment with a dazed, drugged Sami as weapon against Marlena and John.

Seems pretty clear that Kristen didn't know Sami was going to make it to the wedding. And again, that's probably one of the dumbest revenge plans I've ever heard of. When I read the spoilers I assumed it meant that Kristen was threatening to kill Will if Sami didn't shoot her mother or something like that. You can't just give a gun to a drugged person and tell them who to shoot and expect them to do it. No drug on earth works that way. Maybe if there was a microchip in Sami's head...

Also, in Italy Kristen pulled a gun on Marlena and said that she should have done it years ago. She was determined to put an end to their ridiculous dance. That was when Brady caught her off-guard and Marlena threw her out the window. I would think having been through all that and having to recover from all of that would have motivated Kristen to take the shot and skip the stupid speeches.

I get no enjoyment from watching shows that I have to constantly make excuses for. I get that this is fiction and not real. Still, I do not believe that the Kristen who was killed in Italy and denied the chance to finally shoot Marlena in the face would show up at the wedding and not take a single shot and instead talk at length. Once someone has made up their mind to shoot someone they usually don't waste any time about it. People who make speeches are the ones on the fence about the whole thing. Kristen has already sufficiently tortured most of the people at the wedding, so I can't even fanwank a reason for why she wouldn't kill Doc if that's all she wanted to do for the last few years.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Sami did not cause this mayhem. Kristen did.

Kristen kidnapped and drugged Sami. For weeks.

Sami escaped to save her mother. 

Sami didn't asked for any of that.

Oh I completely agree--Sami was definitely there to save her mom and she was drugged and out of her mind but I think Belle was also out of her mind with worry and just like Kristen tried to play on Sami's past issues with John and Marlena, Belle was channeling her own resentment towards her sister.  I'm not saying it was great behavior on Belle's part, just understandable.  I'm sure she'll feel badly for what she's done.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Sami didn't do anything she needs to be forgiven for.  Sami had sex with Rafe when Rafe and Hope were broken up, and Hope was the one who dumped Rafe.

I don’t think Sami or Rafe did anything wrong.  Hope thinks differently.   

• Love 6

I can't believe how ruined the Hope character is for me now.    I guess it's how some of you despised Jennifer when she was with Daniel. Fortunately I missed those years.  But, unfortunately, have had to suffer through these Rope years.

Loved seeing Claire with her parents. They need to relocate to Salem and be part of their kid's life.  

Didn't care much for Belle's "attack" on Sami.  Can't remember if I read it here, or on the other site, but someone wondered if those scenes were written with Carrie having the Belle lines. I could believe Carrie lashing out at Sami that way, but I STILL think of Belle as the sweet Kristen Storms version, so her outburst seemed out of character.

I'm really enjoying Stacy's Susan. Slightly different than Eileen's version, but close enough that it seems like the same character.

Stacy's Kristen, though, I'm still having trouble getting used to. And it's not like I'm a huge Kristen fan, like DisneyBoy, but this Kristen just doesn't feel like Kristen. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Didn't care much for Belle's "attack" on Sami.  Can't remember if I read it here, or on the other site, but someone wondered if those scenes were written with Carrie having the Belle lines. I could believe Carrie lashing out at Sami that way, but I STILL think of Belle as the sweet Kristen Storms version, so her outburst seemed out of character.

It would have made sense for Carrie to have that outburst, especially if she overheard Sami talking about EJ with Eric.  As annoyed as I am that Sami was talking about EJ, it did make sense for Sami to focus on him as well as Marlena.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I can't believe how ruined the Hope character is for me now.    I guess it's how some of you despised Jennifer when she was with Daniel. Fortunately I missed those years.  But, unfortunately, have had to suffer through these Rope years.

I was thinking the same thing watching her yesterday.  It's not that I don't care, I actively dislike her now, even when she's right.  Which she wasn't, yesterday.  Everything with Hope is now totally about her getting what she wants, including using her position to get revenge or mete out punishment.  And having Igor aka Rafe (whose name I ALWAYS misspell as 'Rage'" surely doesn't help.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, boes said:

I was thinking the same thing watching her yesterday.  It's not that I don't care, I actively dislike her now, even when she's right.  Which she wasn't, yesterday.  Everything with Hope is now totally about her getting what she wants, including using her position to get revenge or mete out punishment.  And having Igor aka Rafe (whose name I ALWAYS misspell as 'Rage'" surely doesn't help.

Hope is just awful in so many ways. She is going to be even worst today, oh boy...Here we go again..

• Love 8
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don’t think Sami or Rafe did anything wrong.  Hope thinks differently.   

That's Hope's problem.  Sami has more important things to deal with.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It would have made sense for Carrie to have that outburst, especially if she overheard Sami talking about EJ with Eric.  As annoyed as I am that Sami was talking about EJ, it did make sense for Sami to focus on him as well as Marlena.

Those scenes might have originally been intended for Carrie, but I don't think Christie Clark would have played them the same way.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

That's Hope's problem.  Sami has more important things to deal with.

Those scenes might have originally been intended for Carrie, but I don't think Christie Clark would have played them the same way.

I agree about Christie Clark. 

I wish that Brady and Carrie were there to interact with their siblings. I could see Brady siding with Belle over Sami.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I'm really enjoying Stacy's Susan. Slightly different than Eileen's version, but close enough that it seems like the same character.

Stacy's Kristen, though, I'm still having trouble getting used to. And it's not like I'm a huge Kristen fan, like DisneyBoy, but this Kristen just doesn't feel like Kristen. 

I'm so glad I'm not alone in feeling this way, extreme fandom or no. She really is a good alternative as Susan - not quite as funny or charismatic, but believable as the same character - but once we need to see straight Kristen, it's inescapably some other person the rest of the cast has to pretend they know. Awkward.

But yes, Staci is miles better than whoever it was they filmed for that one scene years ago after Alice died, the one who spoke on the phone to Hope (?) about how Stefano found her and helped her with EJ.

It's not that I don't care, I actively dislike her now, even when she's right.

I wonder if the show will process that and have it bite her in the butt later on. I doubt it. But then, it seems like the producers knew we got sick of Jennifer, and that's why they had Theresa and Anne rip into her, and now have Gabi doing the same to Abigail. Maybe someone will get on Hope's case in a valid way?

I noticed Rafe's hair is silver now. Imitating John, are we? Yup - I hate useless Rafe so much even his hair choices get on my nerves. Rage indeed, boes. Ben could kill them both and Ciara and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

...what the heck is Ron going to do with Kristen now? Have her hide at the mansion with StefaNo? Waving a gun around a public square gets you arrested, period. How long can they dance around that?

What a stupid waste.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

Was nobody actually at the Wedding?  I can't with everyone acting like Sami intentionally pulled the trigger. Particularly Eric who body slammed her.

Belle was so nasty and horrible to Sami.  She needed to be slapped hard today. I hated that line about John being her dad. I wished that Sami had said John was her dad first.  John as always  was just so understanding of Sami.  There were no judgments or recriminations on his part. He just held her as she cried like a father would do. I have been wanting this type of John/Sami understanding for years. He loves Sami no matter what.

Chandler made me cry. That man is so damn special. His scenes with Sami and Marlena were just so awesome... Chandler, Diedre, Christy and Mary Beth Evans are the best criers on the show. I loved that Will told his grandmother that he regained his memory, so fitting of their bond.

Why did Will have to lie to Paul? I don't like where this is heading.

Rafe is a smug asshole.  

Kristen is scary.  This is how she should always be. I have no doubt that she would have killed Eve, if she did not follow her instructions to the letter.

Brady is an idiot as always..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

An actor who doesn't speak any lines gets paid less for that episode right? I found it weird that Deidre wasn't even allowed to moan a few words to any of the family members talking to her. Unless she did. I wasn't paying strict attention at the end of the episode.

It was really glaring that Eric, the honest one with the guilty conscience, was standing right behind Belle as Belle laid sole blame on Sami for what happened. If you bum rush someone with a gun and it goes off obviously you're partly to blame. This whole Sami accidentally shoots Marlena thing is so stupid. I get what Ron was going for, but there was a way to execute it that wasn't so nonsensical.

I think overall I just don't like his concept of who Sami is. He likes to bring her in to do outrageous things and then blather and insist she did nothing wrong even when obviously she did. It makes her seem like a completely unlovable idiot.

No, Will - it wasn't loving that Sami kidnapped a mental patient and serial killer from a hospital, and then threatened his life to get him to choke you just so you could get your memories back. What the holy hell was that?!

By the time she comes back for her next visit, she'll probably be accidentally setting off bombs and unleashing toxic gases just because she's Hurricane Sami, right Ron?

I missed Belle's tirade the other day, but from today alone I kind of want her to take a big seat. If she didn't want the gun to go off she could have jumped up and said or done something during the ceremony. Frankly, everyone who attended that farce bears responsibility for what happened to Marlena.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

And Kristen helped me out!  I might have whooped when I saw she had Eve tied up AND gagged.

I feel like we definitely didn't see it, but have we heard anything about Sami being tested/treated for the drugs in her system?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Kristen helped me out!  I might have whooped when I saw she had Eve tied up AND gagged.

I feel like we definitely didn't see it, but have we heard anything about Sami being tested/treated for the drugs in her system?

Thank you.  This is the big glaring omission.  People acknowledged the drugs the first couple of days in the sense that they wanted Sami to get checked out but now they are ignoring it as it contributes to the shooting.  Also the fact that she has been held captive for a couple of weeks. Her responsibility would be "waved" under those circumstances alone, even before Eric jumped in stupidly. 

People are acting like Sami was in cahoots with Kristen.  Hell, if she didn't barge in Kristen would of stood up and shot Marlena right after the I do's.

Any lawyer would instantly get Sami released on the basis of the drugs in her system.  I'm assuming Justin will be entering the scene soon.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Any lawyer would instantly get Sami released on the basis of the drugs in her system.  I'm assuming Justin will be entering the scene soon.

Well, maybe any lawyer but Justin lol.

Obviously, this is all just the contrivance to get her in front of Rafe and Hope.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Obviously, this is all just the contrivance to get her in front of Rafe and Hope.

Ha Ha, I was going to make that joke but decided to be nice!!!!!  Lol

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Alison Sweeney has no interest in returning full time to Days.  The character of Sami was on Days long before EJ was, and Alison Sweeney's decision to leave had nothing to do with EJ or James Scott.

Nothing in my post said anything about Alison Sweeney coming back full time.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:
3 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

Was nobody actually at the Wedding?  I can't with everyone acting like Sami intentionally pulled the trigger. Particularly Eric who body slammed her.

Belle was so nasty and horrible to Sami.  She needed to be slapped hard today. I hated that line about John being her dad. I wished that Sami had said John was her dad first.  John as always  was just so understanding of Sami.  There were no judgments or recriminations on his part. He just held her as she cried like a father would do. I have been wanting this type of John/Sami understanding for years. He loves Sami no matter what.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It was really glaring that Eric, the honest one with the guilty conscience, was standing right behind Belle as Belle laid sole blame on Sami for what happened. If you bum rush someone with a gun and it goes off obviously you're partly to blame. This whole Sami accidentally shoots Marlena thing is so stupid. I get what Ron was going for, but there was a way to execute it that wasn't so nonsensical.

I think overall I just don't like his concept of who Sami is. He likes to bring her in to do outrageous things and then blather and insist she did nothing wrong even when obviously she did. It makes her seem like a completely unlovable idiot.

I had hopes on Friday that this time they were not going to dump all over Sami's character.  They had Sami acting in a heroic manner and actually speaking - telling them what happened - not just saying "You have to listen to me" but never actually saying anything.  (This is a typical soap trope that makes me crazy, no one ever just says anything, along with not actually shooting someone, simply talking and talking and talking until you get the gun knocked out of your hand - general tv trope not necessarily just soap.)  It was clear, even in her addled state she is saying she did not have her finger on the trigger and the gun went off when Eric bumped her.  Unfortunately, they are not going to let her slap Belle for her trash - Sami will have to be the bigger person and forgive her.  At least Will is firmly back in her corner and surprisingly, Rafe wasn't his usual asshole self with her.  

• Love 6

"I need to get your version of what happened" is not the same as "You need to come down with me to the station."

So Will's lying to Paul about his memories.

Uh, any chance they can tone down the screaming in the halls of the hospital? And shut up, Belle.

In her list of bad things Sami has done, Belle didn't mention when Sami tried to sell her on the black market.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

In her list of bad things Sami has done, Belle didn't mention when Sami tried to sell her on the black market.

They look the same age, so, Belle cannot say that, was Sami 2 when she tried to sell Belle? lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
On 8/27/2018 at 8:42 AM, bubble sparkly said:

But what exactly has Sami done in her past visits that constitutes her being shackled to Lucas and Kate and constantly talking about their history anyway? 

It's less that Sami is shackled to them and that they're shackled to her as she carries them to more screentime and purpose than what they have when she's not there. Sami has more going on than always needing to revisit her history with Lucas and Kate so that "the audience doesn't forget their history." That belief kicked in my initial objection. I am not against her having scenes with Lucas and Kate at all. They do share a history. She does consider Lucas her best friend and not a love interest. I just dislike  stated notions that she *has* to revisit her history with them constantly like it's 1993 and not 2018. Mileage varies. Personally, I got tired of seeing Lucas screaming in Sami's face about how she was always wrong about something or constantly lying towards the end of their romantic relationship, similar to Brady and his many lovers he routinely demoralizes, so I don't relish Sami & Lucas's interactions as some others do. 

If sharing scenes with Lucas or Kate is relevant to the point of Sami's return visit, I don't have an issue with that even though I don't particularly find Kate or Lucas interesting. When it becomes fanwank or not relevant to the main reason she's returning, I find it tedious because it usually devolves into shipper drama.  Kate I just don't really care about at all cause she's just written all over the place hypocritically and has been for years.  Obviously mileage varies and while there is a preference by some about Sami reliving her past with Lucas and Kate every time she visits, I prefer her present and possible future when she visits being the focus. Different strokes. 

Anywho, back to the present and I am wondering why other characters are acting like Eric rushing Sami over the gun didn't cause the gun to go off and it's being turned into the Blame Sami hour?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

no because the keystone cops of salem are idiots. 

• Love 6

Yeah, it's time for Belle to dial down the rage--I get being upset and lashing out but she's had time to calm down and watching her being a bitch to an obviously distraught Sami is massively uncool.  I think Shawn needs to show up and help his wife down from her high horse.

I love that Will isn't telling Paul about his memories because he's unsure what he's going to do--the only two people who actually know are Sonny and Marlena, Will didn't even tell his mom.  And I did love his defending his mom because now that he has his memories back, he knows that Sami loves him to an insane degree, so any weird crap she pulls is because of that insane love.  Sonny gets it, Paul does not.

Ah Brady, why exactly are you trusting Kristen to keep her word?  Seeing Eve tied up was fabulous--any chance Kristin texted a pic to Theresa?  :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12

I had no problem with this actress as Susan but I'm not buying her as Kristen.  I know Days lives in the overly dramatic campy land these days but she wasn't selling those lines.  

I basically hate everyone on this show but John/Marlena, Gabi and Sami.  And JJ.  Yep, that's it.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Eric is true to himself when he let Sami take all the blame for the shooting.  

Yeah, shouldn't Eric be standing up and proclaiming that he was the one who rushed Sami and it is just as much his fault as Sami's.  Where is his guilt over the shooting?

I'm pretty sure Belle was referring herself when she mentioned Sami's babynapping.  Although it was oddly worded. Martha is a nice looking woman but you can definitely tell the difference in her since her last appearance.  Seems to me she is enjoying being a restaurateur.  Good for her.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah, shouldn't Eric be standing up and proclaiming that he was the one who rushed Sami and it is just as much his fault as Sami's.  Where is his guilt over the shooting?

I'm pretty sure Belle was referring herself when she mentioned Sami's babynapping.  Although it was oddly worded. Martha is a nice looking woman but you can definitely tell the difference in her since her last appearance.  Seems to me she is enjoying being a restaurateur.  Good for her.

In real life, Martha and Allison are a year apart in age.. It makes no sense for Belle to keep bringing up her kidnapping because they look like sisters who are Irish twins..

Personally, I always felt that Brady, Philip and Belle should have aged in real time like Will.. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Does that mean she looks like an entrepreneur?  Happy?  Or, like she eats or drinks too much?  This is not me being snarky, I honestly don't get the point you are making.  She looks kind of the same to me, only more surly because she is sniping at Sami.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, bannana said:

Does that mean she looks like an entrepreneur?  Happy?  Or, like she eats or drinks too much?  This is not me being snarky, I honestly don't get the point you are making.  She looks kind of the same to me, only more surly because she is sniping at Sami.

I was actually commenting on her "weight gain", which I think looks good on her.  Usually when actors aren't in front of the camera on a consistent basis is when they put on normal weight.  Added the fact that Martha is in the restaurant business and eating/food is part of her life/career.

• Love 2

Eric, you had just as much responsibility for Marlena being shot as did Sami. All those people at the wedding and no one could take out Kristen?

Kristen should have snapped a selfie of Eve tied up and sent it to Theresa.

FF'd a bit through today's ep while eating dinner.

No, Will, you don't need to tell Paul about your memories returning, just yet.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Rafe and Hope can drop dead.  I'm Team Sami.  The only thing they achieve with this stupid writing is making me wish Sami still had the gun so she could shoot Hope and Rafe.

7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I had hopes on Friday that this time they were not going to dump all over Sami's character.  They had Sami acting in a heroic manner and actually speaking - telling them what happened - not just saying "You have to listen to me" but never actually saying anything.  (This is a typical soap trope that makes me crazy, no one ever just says anything, along with not actually shooting someone, simply talking and talking and talking until you get the gun knocked out of your hand - general tv trope not necessarily just soap.)  It was clear, even in her addled state she is saying she did not have her finger on the trigger and the gun went off when Eric bumped her.  Unfortunately, they are not going to let her slap Belle for her trash - Sami will have to be the bigger person and forgive her.  At least Will is firmly back in her corner and surprisingly, Rafe wasn't his usual asshole self with her.  

I would be okay with Sami shooting Belle to.

I like that Will is on Sami's side, but I hate that he lied to Paul.  At least with the Will, Paul, Sonny situation, the writers have actually put some effort into getting them to this point.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I was actually commenting on her "weight gain", which I think looks good on her.  Usually when actors aren't in front of the camera on a consistent basis is when they put on normal weight.  Added the fact that Martha is in the restaurant business and eating/food is part of her life/career.

Thanks, I didn't notice any weight gain.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Eric suggested it to Sami while they were in the waiting room, but she didn't want to leave.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Actually, she did. She mentioned "kidnapping a baby," which I took to refer to Belle herself.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Eric suggested it to Sami while they were in the waiting room, but she didn't want to leave.

Wonder if that was a huge mistake.   Now she doesn’t have any proof.   People at the wedding  are already forgetting about drug part. 

It was sweet that Will supported his mom and he told Marlena about his memories.  

Paul was acting so strange.  I didn’t understand him staying at the police station or what the look on his face meant when he saw Kristin’s file. 

Rafe went grey.   Probably all the stress living with Hope.   I wasn’t watching when Sami and Rafe were a couple but it seems to me that he still has feelings for her. JMHO please don’t get mad ?

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Wonder if that was a huge mistake.   Now she doesn’t have any proof.   People at the wedding  are already forgetting about drug part. 

It was sweet that Will supported his mom and he told Marlena about his memories.  

Paul was acting so strange.  I didn’t understand him staying at the police station or what the look on his face meant when he saw Kristin’s file. 

Rafe went grey.   Probably all the stress living with Hope.   I wasn’t watching when Sami and Rafe were a couple but it seems to me that he still has feelings for her. JMHO please don’t get mad ?

I wont get mad....I agree that Rafe still has feelings for Sami...there is still a spark, and love the way Sami gave him a big hug and assumed he would help her :)

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I wont get mad....I agree that Rafe still has feelings for Sami...there is still a spark, and love the way Sami gave him a big hug and assumed he would help her :)

I think a lot of that stems from the dynamic of their relationship with Rafe being the knight in shining armor. 

I think that is the role he feels most comfortable in, and he doesn't get to explore that with Hope. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I think a lot of that stems from the dynamic of their relationship with Rafe being the knight in shining armor. 

I think that is the role he feels most comfortable in, and he doesn't get to explore that with Hope. 

Sami never needed that.. She always knew how to defend herself.  Sami was heavily pregnant with twins and was fighting with Andre  and his goons. Hope was never a damsel in distress either.  I hate that these strong women have to become weak to make Rafe strong. It is why I hate Rafe.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sami never needed that.. She always knew how to defend herself.  Sami was heavily pregnant with twins and was fighting with Andre  and his goons. Hope was never a damsel in distress either.  I hate that these strong women have to become weak to make Rafe strong. It is why I hate Rafe.  

But Sami's schemes often land her in a lot of trouble, and Rafe gets to fill important because of it.  When Rafe and Sami were together, Rafe would go along with one of Sami's plans, and then talk down to her and tell her how wrong she was.  The reality was Sami was the one saving Rafe a lot of the time (she shot at least two or three people who were trying to kill Rafe).  Unfortunately, because Sami hero worshipped Rafe, she put up with it for years.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know, that is what I mean.  That is why he and Sami never worked out. Rafe likes to "pretend/think/try and be the hero" when in reality he is much more "himself" when he is paired with a dynamic woman who doesn't need that from him.  His relationship with Kate, his friendship with Nicole. 

The tension in his relationship with Hope is that he isn't the big man in charge, Hope doesn't need him and career wise they aren't on equal footing. 

I will say that Sami did "need" him when they first met, she was pregnant and in danger.  I don't find anything wrong with that.  No one is 100% self sufficient.  Where they went wrong was trying to build a relationship/marriage on that dynamic while not being honest with who each other was. 

• Love 4