Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Adrienne, ask Bonnie what shade of lipstick she is wearing. She looked fabulous in it!

Hope, trying to drive Ben out of town and behaving as you are to your daughter, will only make her defend him and want him in her life more. It doesn't work. Yes, you can probably see past the fact that the two will implode and that Ciara faces a lot of hurt with Ben (especially if he does not stay on his meds) but it is your daughter's hurt and your daughter's life lesson. She has to learn from whatever mistakes she is making or will make. Will she and Ben last? Probably not.  It is also time for a haircut/hairstyle, Hope and some flattering makeup shades.

What has happened to Ted? Doubt Kate killed him. Probably made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Did get a kick out of John playing with the Marlena style Barbie doll.

Steve should also have called up Lucas and had him come to vist Bon-Bon.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Adrienne, ask Bonnie what shade of lipstick she is wearing. She looked fabulous in it!

She really did look great in that shade!  Judy Evans looks so much better with her hair a bit longer, too.  Maybe not as long as Bonnie's wig, but longer than the shaved crop she's wearing now.

Why is Ciara so angry at Hope?  It goes deeper than Hope disbelieving Ben about the fire, and I kind of remember Ciara being a sad sack about one thing or another the night she wrecked her motorcycle.  But really.  What kind of moron would throw over her loving mother for a serial strangler?

• Love 5

I have to give Chandler Massey credit as I think he's successfully portraying a Will that doesn't remember being in love with Sonny.  He plays his scenes with Sonny with a kind of detached attitude that I think works. 

I hate to see Sparkle get hurt.  I do love me some Sparkle. But I loved Sparkle when he was trying to break up Sonny and NewWill because Guy never really seemed like Will to me. With these three actors, and I do think Freddie Smith is improving, it's kind of delicious tension.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Didn't they officially divorce in 2013? 

I think so.  I meant separated as a couple.  They haven't been married since then but they were only actually apart for about six months.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"You're not a killer, Kate." Er, wrong, Ted.

Ew, Bonnie flirting with Steve was gross.

Can we discuss Hope's horrible hairdo?

I hope we have a scene where Lucas excoriates Bonnie.

Marlena still has her wedding list from 1999?

Did anybody point out to Ben that Claire and Tripp were making out on that couch?

I missed a scene.  What happened to Ted?

hope needs a makeover. has she had a nice hairstyle? she's getting up in years, this hair does her no favors. it makes her face look bad. i'd kill for her body at that age but who said "it's either your body or your face" well in this case, hair! bonnie flirting with steve was gross but funny. i loved adrianne's reaction when steve told her. they are the best brother sister casting. 

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope, trying to drive Ben out of town and behaving as you are to your daughter, will only make her defend him and want him in her life more. It doesn't work. Yes, you can probably see past the fact that the two will implode and that Ciara faces a lot of hurt with Ben (especially if he does not stay on his meds) but it is your daughter's hurt and your daughter's life lesson. She has to learn from whatever mistakes she is making or will make. Will she and Ben last? Probably not.  It is also time for a haircut/hairstyle, Hope and some flattering makeup shades.

What has happened to Ted? Doubt Kate killed him. Probably made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Did get a kick out of John playing with the Marlena style Barbie doll.

Steve should also have called up Lucas and had him come to vist Bon-Bon.

i thought bonnie looked really pretty. she looked better than adrienne, who's hairstyle is horrible (see:hope). 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Meh.  As much as Ciara generally bugs me, I was totally on her side when she called out Hope's behavior exactly for what it was: a blatant abuse of her power as commissioner.

ITA that Hope is abusing her power and that needs to stop.  Regarding mother/daughter relationship - Ciara is just a fool.  She got Ben a lawyer.  Ciara could give him 5K of her money and set him up in a different town -- where he's more likely to get a job and have an opportunity to actually continue his recovery.  Forcing Ben on Salem is so very wrong for both Ben and Salem.  But this is a soap opera -- so I know that would be too logical.  But it does quite a bit of damage to Ciara as a character.  Even worse, it propigates multiple bad stereotypes (for example, I think they are trying to have Ben be the "bad boy" romantic entanglement for Ciara -- note: Ben is not a 'bad boy' rebel, Ben is serial killer who is controlling his personality disorder with medication).  

I generally hate it when women are portrayed as being stupid once a romantic vibe comes into play.

Although I must admit, I'm still laughing over Clare beaning Ben with the frying pan.  Totally wrong, totally stupid (brain injury for a mental patient?), but pretty funny.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, SueB said:

ITA that Hope is abusing her power and that needs to stop.  Regarding mother/daughter relationship - Ciara is just a fool.  She got Ben a lawyer.  Ciara could give him 5K of her money and set him up in a different town -- where he's more likely to get a job and have an opportunity to actually continue his recovery.  Forcing Ben on Salem is so very wrong for both Ben and Salem.  But this is a soap opera -- so I know that would be too logical.  But it does quite a bit of damage to Ciara as a character.  Even worse, it propigates multiple bad stereotypes (for example, I think they are trying to have Ben be the "bad boy" romantic entanglement for Ciara -- note: Ben is not a 'bad boy' rebel, Ben is serial killer who is controlling his personality disorder with medication).  

I generally hate it when women are portrayed as being stupid once a romantic vibe comes into play.

Although I must admit, I'm still laughing over Clare beaning Ben with the frying pan.  Totally wrong, totally stupid (brain injury for a mental patient?), but pretty funny.

Great post.  I'm not a Hope fan or a Ciara fan in the least, but Ciara's being an idiot by bringing Ben into her home and I get why Hope feels the way she does.  No, she doesn't get to use her job to harrass the man but not wanting him anywhere near her daughter, I get.

Ciara has been a spoiled, unpleasant brat since she came back to town.  I wish Peggy McKay was well enough to resume her role as Caroline.  Caroline and Ciara were close, I bet she'd listen to her.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I would like another scene of Sami and Ciara fighting over earrings.  Although I doubt it would be as funny as when Lauren Bowles was playing Ciara.

Aging Ciara was a mistake. Ciara also admired Kristen.  Lauren's Ciara should have aged in real time, she was a real find.

She was unique and would have been a great bad girl.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

I think Hope's feelings about Ben are valid - I will admit listening to her in the loft made me think about Abby getting a free pass despite all the folks she's hurt but that's another rant for another day - and I don't have a problem with how Hope feels about Ben as well as hating him being around Ciara. I do take issue with how Hope is handling it. She is abusing her power. It reminds me of Rafe bending and breaking the law when he sees fit for his own reasons then trying to play the moral high ground card (see: Arianna and him campaigning against her for wanting to tell the truth). Hope thinks because she doesn't like something that it's ok for her to ignore or abuse the law to get what she wants. That's not a heroine to admire, IMO.

I don't think Hope heard a word Ciara said cause if she did, she would have played it differently in her quest to excise Ben from Ciara's life. Instead, Hope is still going to be a bull in a China shop about it and it will only further ostracize her from Ciara. It's soapy, for sure. I just don't think either one is completely wrong here; Hope for how she feels about Ben being around Ciara and Ciara for pointing out how Hope is abusing her power due to those feelings. 

• Love 13

Although I've loved what I've seen of Eileen Davidson as Susan/Kristen on YT, I don't have that bone-deep affection some might so, shrug, I thought Stacy Haiduk did just fine today as Susan.

It was nice to see Valerie, looking gorgeous.  It's been a minute.

• Love 9

I loved today's show. From start to finish.. 

I too loved Stacy's take on Susan. I think that she is Kristen in disguise.. The way that "Susan" cozied up to Claire made me very suspicious and she also reminisced about being in the secret room with Marlena.  I loved the Celeste mention during the Taro card reading..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Paul complimenting Will's hands was kind of ... explicit for daytime tv.

Why is Claire organizing this bachelorette party?

"I'm as sane as I ever was." That's not much  of an endorsement, Susan (if that really is Susan).

OK, so I guess Eve is at the party because she's dating John's son, but she isn't really a friend of Marlena's.  And why isn't Ciara there?

1-Paul would never have thrown a 100 mile per hour fast ball at anybody from that close.  The pitcher's mound and home plate are that far apart for a reason. 2-If he had really hit John in the head with a fast ball, he would be dead or in the hospital.

NBC cut away after the ball hit John in the eye.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Although I've loved what I've seen of Eileen Davidson as Susan/Kristen on YT, I don't have that bone-deep affection some might so, shrug, I thought Stacy Haiduk did just fine today as Susan.

Same. I loved her tbh.

40 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Right!
I only got pieces of this ep because of the Cohen thing and then tornado warnings and I'm pissed because I really enjoyed what I did see. I'm super excited fro this week.

• Love 3

Happy Claire’s surprise wasn’t a stripper.  

Isn’t Brady good friends with Jenn?    Eve was being a real jerk to Jen before and during the bachelorette party.  

Speaking of Eve if anyone should be mad at Marlena about Ben it should be Eve ?   Guess she is too focused on bugging jenn.   

Claire got the death card.  That’s not a good sign.   

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

OK, so I guess Eve is at the party because she's dating John's son, but she isn't really a friend of Marlena's.  And why isn't Ciara there?

I think it's because Ciara isn't actually related to either Marlena or John--Claire is their granddaughter but Ciara doesn't have any blood ties.

1 hour ago, Tasha Brand said:

To continue touching on family, I absolutely loved seeing Belle jump up and hurry to her daughter's side when she heard she got that card.  Immediately worrying that doom might be heading your child's way?  Not something anyone likes thinking about.

I also loved Belle's obvious worry about Claire's getting the death card but as Valerie pointed out, in tarot cards, the death card doesn't an actual death but change.  And it was cracking me up that Eve was torturing Jenn but her fate is tied to the woman she's taunting, so you'd think Eve would keep a lower profile. 

I also liked Roman's coming over to his grandson Will and offering an ear--Will may not remember but they're family and he'll help if Will needs it.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think it's because Ciara isn't actually related to either Marlena or John--Claire is their granddaughter but Ciara doesn't have any blood ties.

Ciara should have been there. Bope and Jarlena were close. I have always loved the Bo/Marlena bond, she always understood him, never judged him.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Tarot cards don't always predict the future - just the current energies around you. People have the ability to make their own choices. The Death card doesn't mean someone is going to die. It's possible, but it's just change. Something comes to an end for something new. Susan or Kristen probably knows Stefan O, knows all about the bionic eye and was just playing Kayla.

Both bachelor parties were a bit dull. Marlena has no friends who work at the hospital or any social acquaintances who would be invited. Hope could pull on her big girl panties and go - not deal with 'Ben' and 'Ciara' for a couple of hours. John's shiner is not going to go away overnight and he will need buckets of concealer to try to hide it.  If he got a real fastball, he would probably have died. No idea why Eve was at the party

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I refuse to watch this episode because it’s all about and full of characters I don’t care about.  Plus, John and Marlena having bachelor/bachelorette parties just doesn’t make any damn sense.  But I’ve got to know — what did he say?

• Love 1
Just now, superdeluxe said:

I refuse to watch this episode because it’s all about and full of characters I don’t care about.  Plus, John and Marlena having bachelor/bachelorette parties just doesn’t make any damn sense.  But I’ve got to know — what did he say?

Will was in bed and Paul came in and tossed a ball at him and Will caught it.  They talked about how for a guy who doesn't remember playing baseball as a kid, Will has good hands.  And Will suggested that he would show Paul just what good hands he had, later.

There was more, but that's all I remember right now.

• Love 2

the Manafort stuff came on, so I missed from when John got hit with the baseball through cleaning up after the party. I do have to wonder at J&M though "what could go wrong?" "nothing will go wrong" I know they've both been to a few Salem weddings so they seem very head in the sand

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Both bachelor parties were a bit dull. Marlena has no friends who work at the hospital or any social acquaintances who would be invited. Hope could pull on her big girl panties and go - not deal with 'Ben' and 'Ciara' for a couple of hours. John's shiner is not going to go away overnight and he will need buckets of concealer to try to hide it.  If he got a real fastball, he would probably have died. No idea why Eve was at the party

Val was there - I guess that counts as a hospital colleague? So were Kayla and Jennifer, but obviously they were there more in a friendly capacity than as co-workers.

Hope opted out of the party because she's upset with Marlena over her decision to certify Ben sane - not because she was busy trying to find a semi-legal way to run Ben out of town (of course that may be what she did with her time). It's petty to put decades of friendship on ice for that reason, but she obviously expects Marlena to behave like her and allow her personal feelings to get in the way of executing her professional duties. No wonder Marlena asked Kayla to be her Matron of Honor instead of Hope!

Eve's presence at the party also confounded me until Brady walked in and went up to her.

I guess Claire got the responsibility of organizing the bachelorette party since she's Marlena's closest, onscreen female relative (Belle didn't appear on the scene until later).

I wish they'd let characters/couples who are offscreen have normal lives - date other people and have children. Did Noah have to be sick again? Why not say Carrie's heavily pregnant with her and Austin's second kid so she can't fly? The same for Belle and Shawn - they've been together for ages offscreen (going by Claire's age, 18-19 years), so why don't they have another child yet? I know Belle has problems carrying a baby to term, but it's crazy to believe that, in all that time, they wouldn't have explored either of the other options available to them (surrogacy/adoption). It would be so easy to populate the family trees when characters are offscreen and bring them on later (as teens/young adults), instead of EVERY baby having to be born onscreen, in some traumatic situation, usually somewhere other than the hospital. 

I find Susan dreadfully cringe. I know this is how she's been for most of her tenure, and it's not a knock on Stacy Haiduk (who I think has commendably played the role very much as Eileen Davidson did) but this kind of 'zany' character is hopelessly outdated and no longer funny. I hope Stacy Haiduk, who was very impressive when she played a dual role on Y&R, has more story as one of Susan's alter-egos so she can show off her acting chops.

Paul and Will's dialogue about the latter's hands was a little risque - I didn't think this show would go there given how they've watered down all the other scenes of intimacy between their gay couples. A few years ago, when Guy Wilson was still playing Will, we'd have SEEN what those hands were capable of. Well, maybe not exactly, but the Will-Paul affair love scenes were smoking hot. Ron can write it (he did for Lucas & Brad on GH) and Christopher Sean can play it, I guess the unknown quantities are the network execs and Chandler Massey. At least he's not as awful as Freddie "Don't get too intimate, I'm straight AF" Smith.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 6

Not a bad episode for what's obviously a filler for whatever is coming with the wedding.

I'm in the minority on this, but UGH to Susan whoever is playing her.  Susan and the lookalike nun characters always seemed about as funny as being hit on the head with a hammer.  And sad Susan is even worse, more like Show is poking fun at people with mental issues.  In any case, she's tiresome beyond belief.

Not funny.

But, Belle is back!  And John got boinked in the head!  Now that's good tv!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Will was in bed and Paul came in and tossed a ball at him and Will caught it.  They talked about how for a guy who doesn't remember playing baseball as a kid, Will has good hands.  And Will suggested that he would show Paul just what good hands he had, later.

There was more, but that's all I remember right now.

And I rolled my eyes like I knew I would.  Such nonsense.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Aymery said:

I wish they'd let characters/couples who are offscreen have normal lives - date other people and have children. Did Noah have to be sick again? Why not say Carrie's heavily pregnant with her and Austin's second kid so she can't fly? The same for Belle and Shawn - they've been together for ages offscreen (going by Claire's age, 18-19 years), so why don't they have another child yet? I know Belle has problems carrying a baby to term, but it's crazy to believe that, in all that time, they wouldn't have explored either of the other options available to them (surrogacy/adoption). It would be so easy to populate the family trees when characters are offscreen and bring them on later (as teens/young adults), instead of EVERY baby having to be born onscreen, in some traumatic situation, usually somewhere other than the hospital. 

I have been saying that for years, characters who are off the show should have lives offscreen that could be impactful to current stories, if they ever come back. It would make the show much more richer.  How cool would it have been if Will came back already in a relationship and how that would have affected Paulson, individually and as a couple.

Speaking of Carrie: They could say that she is on bed rest because she is carrying triplets. Has a soap ever had a character be pregnant with multiples, other than twins? 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

I haven't watched Days in some time but I saw on a magazine cover John and Marlena are getting married for the nth time. Why?

They haven't said but I assume she's pregnant with triplets.

The Devil made her do it.

• Love 16
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Lauren's Ciara should have aged in real time, she was a real find.  She was unique and would have been a great bad girl.  

She was, and they should have kept her.  I liked the dynamic they had going with Ciara being the bad girl, and Allie being the good girl.  Of course, if Allie returns sorased, the writers will forget all about that, and do the lame "she's just like Sami" stuff.

• Love 8

I loved today's show again, especially, how Jarlena's history was used in Marlena's nightmare.

Valerie is just gorgeous.  I did have to chuckle how Valerie's makeup worked perfectly on John, their skin tones are not even close...

I loved Shawn-Douglas with Claire.  He hit the right notes with her. He expressed his fears about her decision to live with Ben without being overbearing. Hope could take a page out of his book.

I have never been a big fan of Shelle, because I wanted John to turn out be Roman after all is said and done, but, I digress, Shelle should be on the show driving stories. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

"You're no Marilyn McCoo". That was hilarious.

"He's not the real John Black." That was also a hilarious twist. They should have had him say he's not the real Roman Brady.

Ah. They mentioned Anna.  I guess she's gone.

Uh, Marlena, you never saw Kristen's body.  And you DID see Will's body, and he's wandering around walking and talking.

Stacie Haduk is doing a GREAT job as Susan.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is impressive. I know that the Eileen fans would excoriate us on tweeter, if we were to say that on there..lol

I was one of those fans skeptical of Stacy's take on things. I have to say that I am loving what she is doing with Susan.  Dare I say that even "better" than Eileen she is capturing/portraying how I wish Eileen would play Susan at this stage in her life.  Slightly less "zany", and more excited is how Susan's quirkiness should be presented.  As much as I love Eileen I think she gets stuck in playing Susan as she did twenty-something years ago and hasn't allowed Susan to mature/grow.

I think Stacy is striking that balance perfectly.  My hope is Eileen will presume the characterization if/when she comes back.  

• Love 10

I am not familiar with Eileen as Kristen at all and I only saw her as Susan during the "Will is alive" story, but so far I really like this current actress better. She is really engaging. She's also strikingly gorgeous.

Another great ep and I continue to look forward to the rest of the week.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I appreciated the fact that Ben's attempting to kill Will was mentioned because usually only Chad, Abby and Paige are referenced.  I also loved Claire's scenes with her parents and I especially loved Belle's exasperated "Talk some sense into her" to Shawn--Belle hasn't even been back for a day and she's already losing her mind over her kid--too funny.

This is the second mentally ill person that Marlena has vouched for but somehow I don't think Susan's going to be as harmless as she thinks.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

This is the second mentally ill person that Marlena has vouched for but somehow I don't think Susan's going to be as harmless as she thinks.

That has always been a consistent trait of Marlena's, she always lets her empathy for her patients cloud her judgment and it gets her into trouble.  It is how Roman came into her life, she did not take threats against her seriously and Roman took it upon himself  to protect her, by sleeping at the foot of her bed on the floor, to keep her safe. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Waaaaaaaay back in the day, a woman on ATWT was pregnant with quadruplets.  It was the first and, thus far, only quad birth in soap history.

And I'm sad to say I was watching back then.   Annie Stewart had the quads and other than right after their birth, I'm don't think they were ever shown onscreen.  Of course, neither was Annie.  LOL!!

• Love 4

I got a kick out of today's show, when it 1st started, I was like "What the Heck?"...Abe was being so rude to Valerie, and everyone was acting 'strange"....then I was like "Ohhh"...it was a dream, but it was funny, esp. Abe.  I agree with everyone above that Stacy is doing a good job as Susan....she was so giddy & happy to be going to the wedding, and her "centering" the centerpieces, lol.   I was happy to see Shawn & Belle back so that Claire has somebody to watch out for her.  John freaking out about his eye, and Valerie being the one to fix it, and Belle being blunt about Susan being "strange"...I cant wait for the actual ceremony...it is sure to be 'bonkers" :)

• Love 8

Valerie looked beautiful. Kayla looked matronly. Maybe a more streamlined sheer jacket over a long gown.

Valerie must have some magical light foundation and concealer. Hers should be a lot darker for her skintone. Surely Marlena will see the shiner behind the spackle.

Wonder who stabbed the Marlena doll. Did Susan spin out? I don't mind the new actress playing her. She is a bit more real and not as cartoonish. She has grown.

Shawn behaved as a concerned Dad toward Claire. More than Grandma Hope did. I don't think it's a good idea for Ben to live with the college gang, but it is Ciara's choice and ultimate lesson to learn.

The dream was a bit odd and the bandage man being Roman/Chris Kosichek? Marlena should listen to Susan's mentioning that she saw Kristen. Yes, she saw her fly through the window, but it's Salem. Folks don't die-die until they have to.

• Love 6

I want Marlena's pajama top

Kayla's dress would be great if the whole thing was softer and not such a stiff top and crinoline skirt, the colors were lovely

I think this new actress is way better as Susan, I always thought that Susan was all teeth and wig and not any acting at all (though to be fair, I was not watching during her original run and have only seen the returns in the past few years)

• Love 7

Most of my thoughts have already been mentioned, which leaves me with one issue/question. Shawn kept saying that Claire and Ben were “shacking up.” I have never heard that term used to refer to anyone other than an unmarried couple who were involved in a sexual relationship and living together sans the sanctity of marriage. I could understand Shawn using this term with his sister when discussing Ben, but not his daughter. I am further dumbfounded by Claire's failure to correct her father. 

• Love 7

I'm two episodes behind and just popped in to see if they were worth watching.  Looking forward to catching up based on the reviews here!

On 8/21/2018 at 8:49 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

And it was cracking me up that Eve was torturing Jenn but her fate is tied to the woman she's taunting, so you'd think Eve would keep a lower profile.

Eve is incredibly stupid.  She knows that Jennifer will take any opportunity to put on her martyr suit and play victim, so why Eve continues to torment her is baffling.  It won't take much more before Jennifer spills everything to Eric ... then hightails it over to Brady to tattle about Tate's custody. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 7
On 8/22/2018 at 1:17 AM, boes said:

I'm in the minority on this, but UGH to Susan whoever is playing her.  Susan and the lookalike nun characters always seemed about as funny as being hit on the head with a hammer. 

Stop fighting your love for all things Susan.  Just ease into it like a warm bath.

• Love 7

One thing that botheted me the other day was when Brady and Eric came at the end of the bachelorette party. They both see Belle and Brady enthusiastically runs to greet his sister while Eric barely touches her hand.

It was like the writers and actors forgot that Eric is also Belle's brother. The stark contrast of Brady's realistic greeting and Eric's bare acknowledgement really took me out of the scene. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

One thing that botheted me the other day was when Brady and Eric came at the end of the bachelorette party. They both see Belle and Brady enthusiastically runs to greet his sister while Eric barely touches her hand.

It was like the writers and actors forgot that Eric is also Belle's brother. The stark contrast of Brady's realistic greeting and Eric's bare acknowledgement really took me out of the scene. 

True, but, I saw it a bit differently. I think it was meant to emphasize how close Belle and Brady are, they grew up together. Eric was always much older than them, even with Sorasing.. 

I always saw Belle and Brady as being a twosome in the way that Eric and Sami were.. They were Jarlena's twins and their experiences diverged completely from that of Sami/Eric.  Carrie is the lone one, being the oldest, it was like she was an only child, her experiences are completely different as well and Paul is a retcon. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, but, I saw it a bit differently. I think it was meant to emphasize how close Belle and Brady are, they grew up together. Eric was always much older than them, even with Sorasing.. 

I always saw Belle and Brady as being a twosome in the way that Eric and Sami were.. They were Jarlena's twins and their experiences diverged completely from that of Sami/Eric.  Carrie is the lone one, being the oldest, it was like she was an only child, her experiences are completely different as well and Paul is a retcon. 

I totally get that Belle and Brady are closer than Belle/Eric, but it was jarring to see Eric barely acknowledge Belle.  They may not be incredibly close but they are siblings.  To see him just touch her hand while she was hugging Brady just came off incredibly cold. 

It may have just been the blocking of the scene, but it was definitely something that stood out to me.

• Love 4