Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I don't know why I'm surprised that Ron is doing a literal carbon copy of his other alter story line, but I kinda am. I mean really, the same exact thing, Ron? Like damn!

I watched the past 6 eps in like maybe an hour yesterday. I planned on giving up on it, for awhile at least, so that's why there were so many on my DVR. Anyway, yea, I fast forwarded most things because I just don't care.

But damn, that Eve/Brady Friday cliffhanger made watching it all worth it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
On 3/10/2018 at 1:39 AM, boes said:

Small matter - whoever it is playing Melinda Trask is really a dreadful actress.  If she had a moustache she could twirl it while tying Gabi to the railroad tracks.  

Overacting, much?

I got to tell  you that I kind if love how ridiculous the character is--she's gloriously chewing the scenery and I can't wait for the trial to begin.  There has to be a soapy over the top trial where Abby reveals her personalities--preferably when she's on the stand :):)

On 3/10/2018 at 1:54 AM, annabel said:

she really is terrible. and who wears a hot pink sheath in march?

Forget that it's March, who wears a pink sheath to work especially if she's supposed to be a prosecutor?  Talk about inappropriate.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3
On 3/8/2018 at 2:59 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, typical Ron.. Arianna should be wary of Will.. She was so young when he died. It could have been like, when Marlena came back from the dead.  The twins liked her well enough, but, she was not their mommy. Isabella was and Carrie to a certain extent.. Will feeling inadequate, as a father, could have been a good beat for Ron to explore.. That is the worst feeling for a parent to feel,  feeling like you are letting your kid down.. Ron is not interested in that type of story..I'm glad Will and Ari shared scenes. His return should have been about more than just his love life. Ron has missed so many beats.

in my opinion, the little girl is a terrible actress, so that may have something to do with it. 

• Love 2
On 3/9/2018 at 9:39 AM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I can't quite explain it but I like Claire--there is a realness to her that I can relate to.  And I have a definite problem with calling a young woman who has only had sex with one guy "a ho."  Selfish and needy, that can apply to both Ciara and Claire, but a ho?  Not exactly.  That label fits Lani more :):)

I didn't call her a ho in that context. Re-read my post. I don't slut shame, even if the character were a little liberal in her sexual habits. I said she was an ATTENTION ho. LOL. She's only slept with Theo, right? Again, don't care if she set up a sex shop in HTS, I would shame her or anyone that way.

On 3/9/2018 at 5:59 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, it was her. She also raped Bianca, the only lesbian on the show. I don't understand why soaps like to hurt LGBT characters..  That rape was when my love for All My Children started to dissipate.. Then, the constant propping of Babe and Ryan over legacy characters was the final straw for me..

On 3/9/2018 at 6:07 PM, TeeVee329 said:

What are you referring to here besides Bianca's rape?  Because, for example, there was Will getting shot around when Gabi went into labor with Ari, but that wasn't so much hurting a LGBT character versus a soap beat you'd probably see with a straight character in that situation too.

Bianca's rape, for sure...and making her celibate.

WRT Will: not only did they shoot him before/during Ari's birth...they emasculated him while freakin violently "killing" him on camera. 

• Love 5
On 3/10/2018 at 11:17 PM, Samcd said:

Stefan O had been wearing the glasses to read . I always hated how in the DID stories one alter  , the gatekeeper, always has to wear glasses and somehow there are always some conviently there when they come out. 

I'm imagining an unaired scene of the Laura alter ordering her glasses on Warby Parker.

• Love 7

Last week seemed really boring so I skipped most of the episodes and I'm just skimming through Thursday and Friday now. I can't help but laugh when I see Eve and Brady tearfully expressing love over Tate's sweating body, or standing there getting married in the living room. They have no chemistry at all and I really can't believe Eve would have any feelings for him. I've said that about a dozen times by now, I know, but it has to be said again. This is definitely one of the dumbest things Ron has done. And having Justin officiate? Well that just pours salt on the wound.

I'm glad Maggie is sticking to her guns. I also think that blue dress and jacket with the white flowers was one of the best things I've ever seen Maggie wear.

Poor Marci. All I can say is that. What a mess.

Other than Vivian and Rope breaking up, I'm not liking much of what's going on. I actually forgot Will was on the Show!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, Samcd said:

Stefan O had been wearing the glasses to read . I always hated how in the DID stories one alter  , the gatekeeper, always has to wear glasses and somehow there are always some conviently there when they come out. 

I remember, in that "Fraternity Row" fantasy episode of OLTL, Bree Williamson's FR character went to put on glasses to turn into one of the alters and one of the other characters just snatched the glasses out of her hands all, "Nope, we're not doing this", heh.

But man, Abigail's alters in general really like props.  I hope there's a baseball cap laying around somewhere because I'm convinced there's a "Wes" still to come.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I didn't call her a ho in that context. Re-read my post. I don't slut shame, even if the character were a little liberal in her sexual habits. I said she was an ATTENTION ho. LOL. She's only slept with Theo, right? Again, don't care if she set up a sex shop in HTS, I would shame her or anyone that way.

WRT Will: not only did they shoot him before/during Ari's birth...they emasculated him while freakin violently "killing" him on camera. 

I see what you're saying, or posting:)  You are using the phrase "attention ho" as I would "famewhore"--sorry for the misunderstanding/misreading.

A lot of violent things of happened to Will on this show but I think that's just a sad by-product of being a long term character because an equal amount of horrendous things have also occurred to Steve, John and Eric, to name a three--I shudder to think what will befall Arianna, Tate and Thomas as they grow up.

• Love 4

I can't believe how casually they confirmed that Abigail killed Andre. I suppose that could be a lie (do we trust Dr. Laura?), but for now it stands. And it was just tossed into the middle of an episode during a conversation to which I was paying very little attention.

I will say, however, that Dr. Laura is my favorite of Abigail's personalities. And that includes the actual Abigail.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I got to tell  you that I kind if love how ridiculous the character is--she's gloriously chewing the scenery and I can't wait for the trial to begin.  There has to be a soapy over the top trial where Abby reveals her personalities--preferably when she's on the stand :):)

I hope we actually get to see the trial, and that it is in a courtroom.  Not the judge's office, like Nicole's baby hearing.   And definitely not off screen, like Gabi's preliminary hearing.

A billion years ago, my Mom and I used to watch The Edge of Night.  They always had the best trials.  In a courtroom.  With a judge.  And prosecuting & defending attorneys.  And a witness stand.  With witness questioning and cross-examining.  And explosive reveals.  I'd love it if Days could pull off something even in the same ballpark as those trials. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, buffynut said:

A billion years ago, my Mom and I used to watch The Edge of Night.  They always had the best trials.  In a courtroom.  With a judge.  And prosecuting & defending attorneys.  And a witness stand.  With witness questioning and cross-examining.  And explosive reveals.  I'd love it if Days could pull off something even in the same ballpark as those trials. 

Oh my gosh, I was a huge EON fan.  Days could only hope to pull of an Edge of Night style trial.  I still remember the murder trials of Winter Austen and Draper Scott.

• Love 4

Sonny showing up at Will's right when he and Paul were shirtless/about to get busy...HAHAHAHA!  If only he had walked in on them actually going at it!  But also, good on Sonny for letting that bartender buy him a drink because why the hell not indeed.  Messy, soapy, yay!

It would have been more fun if Eve had been playing/knew what Brady was up to the whole time, but KDP doing her thing was good enough for me.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh my gosh, I was a huge EON fan.  Days could only hope to pull of an Edge of Night style trial.  I still remember the murder trials of Winter Austen and Draper Scott.

I was really young when that soap used to air. I remember that it came after General Hospital.  It seemed like a very dark and mysterious soap.  I also remember another soap on NBC that was about the intrigue and politics in DC. Back then, I remember each soap being very distinctive and having their own identity.. They offered everything for everybody.  

39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny showing up at Will's right when he and Paul were shirtless/about to get busy...HAHAHAHA!  If only he had walked in on them actually going at it!  But also, good on Sonny for letting that bartender buy him a drink because why the hell not indeed.  Messy, soapy, yay!

It would have been more fun if Eve had been playing/knew what Brady was up to the whole time, but KDP doing her thing was good enough for me.

I think that Paulson is truly over. Thank God!

Horita will get together, then, Will gets his memory back, while Sonny moves on to somebody new.  

I love Stayla, always and forever.  None of these young couples on the show have anything on them..

Brady and Eve are just nasty.  I am glad that they are over.  Eve falling for Brady's crap never made any sense.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Horita will get together, then, Will gets his memory back, while Sonny moves on to somebody new.  

Well, I think we know who Sonny's gonna move on to, and it's not Man Bun from today.  It's kinda too bad Sonny didn't run into Stripper Gil!

But I hope Will never gets his memory back.

Scratch that, I hope he gets it back and STILL picks Paul!  And then they get their Hardy Gays on on the reg.

Because Will longing after Sonny...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well, I think we know who Sonny's gonna move on to, and it's not Man Bun from today.  It's kinda too bad Sonny didn't run into Stripper Gil!

Scratch that, I hope he gets it back and STILL picks Paul!  And then they get their Hardy Gays on on the reg.

Because Will longing after Sonny...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ron is predictable and he will have Will wanting Sonny back. As soon as, Ron came to the show. I knew that he was going to have somebody develop DID. Voila, Abigail has it. If he wanted to do DID, he should have done it with Theresa. She changed her name from Jeannie to Theresa, she dyed her hair from blonde to brunette, her inexplicable hatred of her parents.  We never saw her grow up on the show.  Plus, you have Kim's history with DID.  

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

All of that. ALL OF IT. 
Who, though...Greg Riikart character?

Horita today was HAWT HAWT HAWT HAWT. I knew they would be. Swoon.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ron is predictable and he will have Will wanting Sonny back.

Eh, he hasn't shown a ton of affinity for them thus far.

I mean, you're right, this is soaps and eventually they loop back around to Will and Sonny again, depending as always on which actors stay/go, etc.  I just hope this break lasts for a while.  Let Will and Paul have some fun adventures, let Sonny get into some soapy shenanigans in another relationship, etc.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Eh, he hasn't shown a ton of affinity for them thus far.

I mean, you're right, this is soaps and eventually they loop back around to Will and Sonny again, depending as always on which actors stay/go, etc.  I just hope this break lasts for a while.  Let Will and Paul have some fun adventures, let Sonny get into some soapy shenanigans in another relationship, etc.

I agree.  I do think that Wilson is endgame, after all is said and done. Just like Bope got back together, after Bo picked Billie over Hope.. As a fan of Stayla and Kim and Shane, I am happy that we never had a Billie in their relationships.. It helps that they were off the show for years..

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also remember another soap on NBC that was about the intrigue and politics in DC.

You might be thinking of Capitol on CBS, it was the show The Bold & The Beautiful replaced.

44 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Back then, I remember each soap being very distinctive and having their own identity.. They offered everything for everybody.  

So true!  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Well, the Edge of Night was literally supposed to be a daytime Perry Mason, till Erle Stanley Gardner backed out at the last minute, so they just changed the names and went on with the lawyer theme.

• Love 4

That tick tick tick music behind Will and John's scene was annoying af. And yet again another "Oh, John, I forgive you."  Puke.

Damn, I was hoping that Eve had figured it out on her own instead of getting filled in by Victor.

Would Justin have taken the phone call about Gabi's case if it came during the ceremony?

Why did Will ship Ari off to John and Marlena?  He wasn't doing anything.

No Brady is not a good guy.

Every time Will gets ready to do it, somebody knocks on his door.

Right on to Eve firing Brady from Basic Black.

"This is none of my business."  You're right, Sonny.  Go away.

Uh. Kassie walking away in that tight white dress, and my mouth just dropped open.  Woof.

Aha.  New guy for Sonny?

Call the cops, Eve.

Mary Beth and Kassie both delivered awesome performances today.

• Love 9

I loved the Edge of Night.

I didn't like the Jessica DID SL on OLTL, but I did love how much Tess hated Antonio.  She would always refer to him as my idiot pain in the ass ex (actually Jessica's ex).

Glad Eve dumped Brady.

I have a bad feeling that this DID SL is going to end with somehow the real Gabi getting blamed for everything even when people find out what's really going on with idiot Slappy.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

The name Draper Scott sounds familiar. Now I'm going to have to Google to refresh my memory. 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I only saw the first 10 minutes or so today, and was hoping there was a twist and Eve knew all along. Oh well.

• Love 1

Why is Chandler Massey smiling and/or laughing in all his scenes? It looks like he’s about to break out laughing when the scenes are serious. It’s so weird. I would call it an acting tick but I’m really sure what is. Maybe, it’s just me?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Why is Chandler Massey smiling and/or laughing in all his scenes? It looks like he’s about to break out laughing when the scenes are serious. It’s so weird. I would call it an acting tick but I’m really sure what is. Maybe, it’s just me?

He did the same thing during the last half of his previous tenure too. It's annoying as hell.

• Love 6

I’m in agreement with most here that Freddie hasn’t been his best lately. Oh man! when he walked into Will’s room and his eyes didn’t leave Paul until Will told him Ari was with Marlena. Holy cow, fantastic. I watched that scene three times. 

Eww, man buns, but go Sonny!! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Beyond annoying.  This is one reason I wasn't unhappy to see him leave the last time.  By now he really should have taken some acting lessons and learned how to stop this.

• Love 8

Too bad Victor called Eve and told her the truth about her 'husband'. Had hoped she was playing the long con. I did enjoy her firing Brady.  Guess he will spiral back in to his bad boy behaviours and addiction. Maggie, you are moving back too soon. Let Victor squirm some more.

Thought Eve's wedding dress was 3/4 length. I can see what she saw in him, but it seemed too soon after Dearly Departed Deimos. And that it's another family member.

A comment on Stefan's glasses - if they are prescription ones, how could the Dr. Laura alter see, especially if she has good vision.

Not caring for Will's permasmirk. Why is he passing his daughter on to his grandparents? Get to know your kid! Yeah, Paul is a better way to spend your time.

At least Steve and Kayla make for interesting watching. I didn't care for the orangey coat with the red dress.

• Love 4

So, I've not been overly fond of the goings on in Salem, lately. The Andre murder/Abby's alters thing has been pretty, well, bad. I feel for the actors. Is Ron so uninspired that he can't write new "characters" for Abigail's alternate personalities? Jeez, this sucks. Although, I will say that I detected a hint of chemistry for the first time between Marci and Tyler when she was Dr. Laura. Not necessarily sexual, but something less forced and, quite frankly, unexpected at this point, at least.

I do not like Brady. I find that I like the idea of Brady and Theresa's sister even less. As good as the actress is, this story grosses me out.

It cracks me up that I find Paul the only likable character in the this love circle cause I never much cared about him one way or the other. Sonny wants Will who wants Paul who wants/wanted? Sonny. It could be so juicy, but I just can't get behind the characters anymore. The fault may lay more with the actors than the actual characters. I just can't watch Will smirk anymore. That may not be fair, maybe that's just the way his face works. I don't care. It irks me.

Steve and Kayla still pull me in, though, and I'll stick around as long as they let them.

• Love 7

I personally think Chandler is hitting all the right notes with his current portrayal of amnesiac! Will. I'm not sure what smirk everyone keeps referring to since to me, all of his facial expressions have been pretty fitting with a man who has been basically been told his whole life was a lie, and is almost giddy at the prospect of Paul wanting him back, as well as finally being able to live his life as a gay man within the context of a relationship with Paul. 

As far as we currently know this is Will's first relationship (to him anyways) with another person, let alone another man. So I thought his "please" was very endearing and fitting to the character and the circumstance. I'm also extremely surprised by the sexual chemistry both CM and CS are able to generate, we have seen glimpses of it in the past but today it was really apparent. Will and Paul have completely sold me, I think FS is the weak link between the two but I do look forward to him causing trouble and potentially coming between Paul and Will if/when the memories come back. I honestly don't think Will is going to dump Paul if this happens, although he will be torn. I can see a brief WilSon reunion followed by Will going back to Paul. The writing seems to be on the wall for a long term Paul and Will pairing which I'm here for. They're basically the only SL keeping me watching this show at the moment.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 8

really loved everything about yesterday's show - one of the few times that I watched pretty much everything - loved Eve's wedding dress & loved her giving Brady hell for all he put her thru - not a huge fan of them as a couple but still good scenes with them.

Yep officially on the Will/Paul train - they definitely have way more chemistry that Sonny/Paul ever did or even Will/Sonny

I also love Kayla still being mad at John (which she has every right to - he is the reason that Steve is losing his eyesight) - all things Steve/Kayla are golden although did not like Kayla's coat or dress  - too much orange/yellow togther

• Love 2

Two people on Monday's episode literally said that John saved Steve's life. Can we not? Please! If I shoot you in the face, stand over you until you are almost dead, and then call an ambulance so that your life is spared, I highly doubt your first instinct will be to say that I saved your life. Even if I give you a nice sob story about why I needed to do it to save you (or whatever). Team Kayla forever!

I'm mostly bored with Will and Paul and Sonny. But anything that makes Sonny unhappy is a-okay in my book. So ... get it, Will. Get it right in Sonny's smug face.

• Love 7

I truly can not stand CM's acting. It's just relentlessly annoying to me most of the time. The smiles. I just can't. It's SO bad. I find FS bad most of the time too, but not in the aggressively annoying way CM is. And sometimes I actually like Sonny while I never like Will lol. Paul is the best actor and character in the trio imo.

I fast forwarded the Steve/Kayla scenes because they bore me, but from what I saw I loved Kayla's coat. They usually put her in such horrible clothes, so I was shocked I actually liked something she was wearing.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

Two people on Monday's episode literally said that John saved Steve's life. Can we not? Please! If I shoot you in the face, stand over you until you are almost dead, and then call an ambulance so that your life is spared, I highly doubt your first instinct will be to say that I saved your life. Even if I give you a nice sob story about why I needed to do it to save you (or whatever). Team Kayla forever!

I hope that the show references Kayla's awesome deaf storyline and connect it to Steve's impending blindness.  That story was so good.  It was not even plan by the writers, they came up with the story because Marybeth was pregnant.  Kayla pushed Steve away for a while.  Then, Benjy came into their lives and it was heaven.  The writers back then knew how to improvise and roll with the punches.  I cannot see Ron doing something like that...

• Love 3
On 3/9/2018 at 11:30 PM, Frozendiva said:

Dr. Laura seems to be the most sane of the 'Abigail' psyche. However, how did Abs get that sort of intelligence? Spending time with grandma?

On 3/11/2018 at 10:00 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know why I'm surprised that Ron is doing a literal carbon copy of his other alter story line, but I kinda am. I mean really, the same exact thing, Ron? Like damn!

This whole "alter" story is monumentally stupid. Soap writers need to retire this worn-out, lazy, irresponsible, insulting trope immediately. Well, really, about a decade ago, but, if I never saw another one, it would still be too soon. If Days kept a show bible, I'd say Carlivati or whoever came up with this mess should be smacked across the back of the head with it.  Alas, there isn't one. (Clearly.)

Does anybody besides Stefan (which, oh, whatever, show) even know yet that Abigail thinks she's Gabi?

Still don't buy Sonny as the badass executive type. Maybe the writers think that "sore, entitled, and pissed off all the time" counts as a personality?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Why are John and Marlena never invited to weddings?

I prefer to think that they are invited, but just decline to attend. They've been around for a while and know the deal. You buy a gift, get all dressed up, head on over ... and someone storms in to put a halt to the proceedings. Such a waste of time. And you never even get to the reception; you just wind up back at home starving and with another damn blender to return.

• Love 21

I just feel like every Sonny scene ends with me saying "STFU" to the TV. He's just grating these days. Maybe he will bang ManBun and it'll put him in a better mood.

I have no doubt that Will eventually gets his memory back and that is why I feel like Paul should be more hesitant about getting involved with Will. He's already been hurt once by WilSon, why go for another round of it? It would be better if Will got his memory back but chose Paul anyhow.

• Love 3

Steve/Adrienne were just perfection.  I teared up just watching them interact.. It makes me miss Jack so much. I know that Adrienne is hated on this board, but, I still remember that feisty heroine, determined to find her big brother, to heal her mother's broken heart..

Why is Eric acting like Claire was a villainess for exposing Rafe's infidelity. The propping of Rafe continues..I remember Eric, Carrie and Mike working together to expose Sami's lies about Will's paternity. He had no problem humiliating Sami, on her wedding day, to Austin. I would think that he would be a bit understanding of his niece's predicament. 

I don't care about Eve's pain.  She should have known better. Kassie is awesome as usual, but, Eve needs to be with a better man than Brady.  

What a surprise that Brady loves Eve.  Brady needs a purpose. He needs to be rested for a while. Look at how Will is so damn lovable after a 2 year absence..

I still don't like Jennifer. I am sorry.. I cannot get over how she treated Jack for Daniel.. Perhaps, Melissa Reeve's homophobia colors how I view Jennifer. I am human, I never claimed to be a saint.

I am starting to like Tripp. I think that he is cute with Ciara. However, Ron needs to slow it down. He is rushing it as usual. I remember Tripp liking Claire.

I still like Claire. 

Ciara's hatred of Claire needs to stop. Does she think that her brother Shawn would approve of her continued harassment of his daughter. She has to know that the parent/child bond supersedes a sibling bond.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Vince1178 said:

They've been around for a while and know the deal. You buy a gift, get all dressed up, head on over ... and someone storms in to put a halt to the proceedings. Such a waste of time. And you never even get to the reception; you just wind up back at home starving and with another damn blender to return.

THIS. I imagine the best outcome for 80% (or more) of Salem weddings is where you end up back home and starving -- the ones where you don't get traumatized, poisoned, taken as a hostage, pistol-whipped, treated later for smoke inhalation, or subjected to icky home video playbacks involving public shaming and inappropriate responses to the end of a relationship. I'm sure John and Marlena check off the

• Decline(s) to Attend, with regrets

box pretty eagerly nowadays.

Heh, or maybe even:

• Decline(s) to Attend, with regrets NOPE
Edited by Sandman
  • Love 12

I guess we're supposed to see Claire as a villain for destroying Rafe and Hope's epic love, but I just can't.  Rafe should have told Hope as soon as they got back together and yes, Claire did choose a bad moment to reveal the truth, but she is not a bad guy.

And I guess we're supposed to think Ciara's  awesome and that she and Tripp are cute together but I don't.  I don't enjoy watching a bully act smug and think they're winning, especially because we know this deep hatred of Claire has 1% to do with revealing Rafe's secret and 99% to do with Theo's liking Claire more.  As much as I hate Theo, I'd wish he'd come back and put an end to Ciara's mania about him and how their great love was stolen from her.  If they were meant to be, he would have gotten back together with her when they had the chance.  

As much as I liked Jenn's acting like a compassionate human being with Eve regarding Brady's jackass behavior, I do hate that now we're going to get both Brady and Eve acting mopey--they're grown adults in their 40's--GROW UP!!

• Love 8

I guess they had to explain where Adrienne was, but didn't Anjelica die, like, a while ago?  Not that that's necessarily something somebody gets over, especially since - as Justin exposited - Alexander wasn't talking to her at the time - but still, kinda weird.  Also, why is Alexander the only one of Sonny's invisible brothers that gets name-checked.  Are the twins hanging out wherever Liz on GH locked Cameron and Aiden?

That slap Eve laid on Brady looked mighty fierce.  KDP's a pro, y'all.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess they had to explain where Adrienne was, but didn't Anjelica die, like, a while ago?  Not that that's necessarily something somebody gets over, especially since - as Justin exposited - Alexander wasn't talking to her at the time - but still, kinda weird.  Also, why is Alexander the only one of Sonny's invisible brothers that gets name-checked.  Are the twins hanging out wherever Liz on GH locked Cameron and Aiden?

That slap Eve laid on Brady looked mighty fierce.  KDP's a pro, y'all.

I think that they don't mention the twins because they think that we would get confused with another Victor and Joseph. I would love them to come to town..

• Love 2

I'm sorry yall for who's liking Ciara and Tripp but I can't.  I know I need to suspend some of my disbelief when it comes to soaps, but Ciara/Tripp are kissing... ew.... I get they didn't grow up together.  But I can't STAN this.  Ciara's blood 1st cousins are Joey and Stephanie and her Uncle by marriage is Steve.  Ciara/Tripp are quasi-cousins.  Like jeez Days, seriously.  How is this going to look remotely in the future (if it happens):

Ciara: Hey Uncle Steve
Steve: Hi Ciara
(Tripp catches up and plants a kiss on Ciara)
Tripp: Hi Dad!
Steve: ...When did this happen? 

???

No RC, SA, and RQ.  This is too close for comfort for me.  If yall are in no hurry to bring back Theo because you're trying to be realistic with his prognosis, at least, bring back JT Reiber (Brady).  He would be mid-20s but he has no blood relations to anyone Salem but he's very connected to Bo/Hope's legacy as it pertains to the baby switch with Zack that happened back in the early 2000s. I can get behind  Claire/Tripp because even though it's family-ish, it's not that close where I'm close to vom with Ciara/Tripp.  

• Love 3

I hate how much I like Ciara/Tripp. Tripp is so adorable.

Everyone acting like Claire is evil for telling Hope that Rafe cheated on her has me on Claire's side and for that I am very angry! I don't wanna be on Claire's side ever, dammit!

I'm into the Claire vs. Ciara mag covergirl thing. It's so stupid, but that's precisely my kinda thing. I wish I liked the Claire and Ciara actresses more though so that I could be more into it.

KdP is killing this stuff. So is EM tbh. 

I liked the Steve/Kayla/Adrienne/Justin scenes. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

Brady genuinely loves Eve? His loves seem to come and go with regularity. Perhaps he needs some time to work on himself and deal with his issues and then eventually someone decent will come along.

I felt badly for Eve having to talk to Jennifer. Awkward. I didn't like Brady manhandling her to not leave the mansion. That would raise a red flag about him. Also his revisiting the booze. Good for Maggie to keep him away from it. Maybe he needs to visit Titan Europe for a few months. Or do a cross-country search for the new magazine covergirl.

Never knew Adrienne went to visit her other son.

Ciara and Tripp are a bit cute, but they are in a way related?

What happened with Hope and Rafe concerns them only.  Rafe really hasn't been much of a serial cheater, so he has that going for him. He and Hope are both mature adults and have been around the block a bit.

The whole covergirl/face of the 20s is a bit much. Maybe the magazine will choose two.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

I'm sorry yall for who's liking Ciara and Tripp but I can't.  I know I need to suspend some of my disbelief when it comes to soaps, but Ciara/Tripp are kissing... ew.... I get they didn't grow up together.  But I can't STAN this.  Ciara's blood 1st cousins are Joey and Stephanie and her Uncle by marriage is Steve.  Ciara/Tripp are quasi-cousins.  Like jeez Days, seriously.  How is this going to look remotely in the future (if it happens):

Ciara: Hey Uncle Steve
Steve: Hi Ciara
(Tripp catches up and plants a kiss on Ciara)
Tripp: Hi Dad!
Steve: ...When did this happen? 

???

It's so gross.  The show wants it both ways, where Tripp is immediately part of the family he tried to undermine, but also can date Kayla's relatives.  Kayla and Bo were brother and sister and Kayla has no relationship with his kids - not to mention no kids of her own on the show.  Ciara just calls her "Kayla" like she's some random person.  It's ridiculous.

• Love 3

The highlight of Monday's episode was hearing Eve call Brady garbage. That's been pretty much been my opinion for the last year too. I am hoping against hope that she doesn't turn around and reunite with him. I'm still not sure how she was planning on marrying him in the exact same spot that Theresa was going to 2 years ago.

Will's glee over getting a vulnerable Paul to make out with him was adorable. I don't mind Chandler smirking if it plays into how his character is supposed to be feeling. I am still uncomfortable though with how is Will so aggressively targeting his ex-husband's former fiance. Apparently there are other gay men in Salem - and even one working behind the bar at the Brady Pub! - so why does Will fixate on Paul? I'm asking honestly. I have no clue what it is Will is attracted to. What is it about who Paul is that fascinates this Amnesiac Will? If it was just the fact that they once slept together, I wouldn't see him pursuing Paul with such giddy enthusiasm. Dude, there are other fish in the sea. Other fish with whom there will be fewer complications.

(Of course I realize this is all for plot, but I find it really awkward and forced.)

Sonny can't even walk out a door in a way that doesn't piss me off. He just lumbers. I feel like Freddie doesn't even care about the physicality of his character anymore. And no, that's not a crack about his weight. I would think Sonny would walk out of that extremely awkward encounter in Will's room like a man about to tear things off the walls. I would also think Sonny would consider Paul getting into bed with Will a really twisted thing to do since this he is obviously in a delicate mental position.

I think I've lost respect for Maggie. I went from cheering her on to rolling my eyes and basically saying she deserves her fate in the span of one episode. I don't see what these to see in one another. As depressing as it might seem to saddle Victor with a divorce in his late 80s, I think I would rather see the two characters as individuals again. It doesn't always work to just lump two old actors together and call it a relationship.

Steve and Kayla are a power couple of the highest order. Even though all of their storylines have been utterly depressing - as Kayla finally pointed out in a line I kind of wish Mary Beth had delivered with much more exasperation - you can't help but love them and cheer for them and delight in seeing them make out. No one else on this show has anything remotely close to that level of chemistry.

Kassie is a gem, but boy do I hate this current storyline.

• Love 6