Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Just now, Star Aristille said:

Well, others, including myself, did, so I was happy with it.  Always will be.

Good for you but i can express a different opinion..shrug..therefore it is not 'we' but i. No need to speak for everybody, simple as that.

• Love 1

My thoughts this week:

I loved Sammi and Lucas; I loved Sammi and John, I especially liked how as angry as she was, when John comforted her by caressing her arms, she didn’t flip out at his gestureof kindness  (too bad blandly blank was there borifying what was otherwise good); I loved Sammi and Marlena; I loved Sammi aat Will’s grave; I loved Sammi with Eric.  The only Sammi scene I was meh on was the Chad scene.  However, I am not as enamored with  that actor as others are and every time I see new Abby, by the time I figure out who she is, I am no longer interested in the scene.

I loved the Bonnie and Maggie movie sequences, but if this ridiculous storyline isn’t wrapped up soon, my head will explode.  When Adrienne returns I would be beyond pissed at my so-called loved ones.  I mean Justin has been aint ish for a minute, but Sonny not seeing the truth would be a bit more than I can rationalize.  Thank goodness for Jo (who I fanfic to be calling from beyond the grave since Joy Garrett, the only Jo Johnson, it no longer among the living).

I continue loving Lucas.

I thought the decision to reshoot the Sammi and Lucas at the morgue scene with Will was and interesting, but ultimately unnecessary one.

I loved Kayla on Wednesday  because it was a rare instance of late where crapping on her to prop up the greater glory of all things Steve was not thr focal point; so naturally, we got Thursday, because what purpose does Kayla serve if she can’t be a prop for the crap the “great love of her life” subjects her too. Dear show, there is nothing you can ever say or do that will ever make me ee the character of Tripp as anything other than the hell spawn of the demonic Ava; but since you don’t really care about Kayla or her fans, I guess you are fine with that.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 3
On 10/20/2017 at 5:24 PM, Harmony233 said:

Abby def annoys me and the fact that Sami was treated as the villain and Abby the innocent victim when she had an affair with Sami’s fiancée is ridclous and now Abby’s best friend with Andre makes her annoy me even more lol.

But her friendship with Andre is her being all into DiMera men.

• Love 1

Unless Sami and Kate are going to use the Dimera contacts to find Will, steal the Dimera millions again, and take over the company again, there is no reason for them to be wasting time on the Dimeras.  Andre needs to kill Slappy, and die again.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did they say where Nicole and Holly are moving to? The way they kept mentioning Brandon, I figured he would pop up as a cameo to usher Nicole off to wherever.

It wasn't mentioned.  I will really miss Nicole.  She's one of my all-time favorite females on DAYS.  I'm glad we got to experience Eric and Nicole again but it was much too brief.  I would have rather had her and Eric have their last romp quietly knowing that she was going to leave town.  This ripping both them apart has been painful to watch.  Both of those characters are so loveable to me.  And I really, really don't want Eric with Jennifer but it seems like that will happen. 

• Love 8
On 10/20/2017 at 11:52 PM, pau said:

two (not really brothers) brothers

I keep seeing this qualification of their relationship, and I don't understand it. They're step-brothers, and they consider themselves brothers. Who's arguing with them?

ETA: Brady even occasionally acts like he cares about Eric like a brother, when he's not in the full-on, beady-eyed crazypants part of his cycle.

Edited by Sandman
Beady!
  • Love 7

Bonnie’s plan was so stupid there was no way it would work.  So Maggie fine with Victor putting a hit out on his brother.   Good to know.  

So was Steve around when Bonnie was on the show?   How was he the only one to figure it out ? 

I love Eric and Nicole but I am okay with Jennifer and Eric.  There is some thing very sweet about their friendship.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Bonnie’s plan was so stupid there was no way it would work.  So Maggie fine with Victor putting a hit out on his brother.   Good to know.  

So was Steve around when Bonnie was on the show?   How was he the only one to figure it out ? 

I love Eric and Nicole but I am okay with Jennifer and Eric.  There is some thing very sweet about their friendship.  

Yes, Steve was around, but he and Bonnie never interacted. He did know Mimi. Bonnie was never meant to be Adrienne's double. Ron created this. Justin never knew her, but Maggie did.

• Love 3

"Hey, I'm in the room here."

Good job at protecting your gun, Commissioner Brady.  I hope they do an investigation into how you handle your weapon.

Ooh, the whole Bonnie wedding was a setup.  Hee.

Kate's monologue was awesome.

Finally, somebody uses the Salem Brain.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, A.J. said:

It wasn't mentioned.  I will really miss Nicole.  She's one of my all-time favorite females on DAYS.  I'm glad we got to experience Eric and Nicole again but it was much too brief.  I would have rather had her and Eric have their last romp quietly knowing that she was going to leave town.  This ripping both them apart has been painful to watch.  Both of those characters are so loveable to me.  And I really, really don't want Eric with Jennifer but it seems like that will happen. 

i agree. and i can't get over the fact that eric and jennifer look like son and mother together. i will never buy them as a couple. unless he is into milf's which we haven't seen before, have we?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, Steve was around, but he and Bonnie never interacted. He did know Mimi. Bonnie was never meant to be Adrienne's double. Ron created this. Justin never knew her, but Maggie did.

Wasn't it supposed to be ignored that Bonnie and Adrienne looked exactly alike, like everyone wasn't to acknowledge that the same actress played both roles?  Adrienne was off the show for story purposes, but Judi came back so they gave her a different role.  I always thought that was how it worked at least.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i agree. and i can't get over the fact that eric and jennifer look like son and mother together. i will never buy them as a couple. unless he is into milf's which we haven't seen before, have we?

Yes with Nicole...ha. I kid..almost but Nicole always looked like a big sister to Eric for me..and Jennifer, a mother..

Edited by pau
  • Love 1

Jennifer looks 50-ish and Eric looks 40-ish.  If I can deal with male crypt keeper looking mofos getting married to younger women on soaps for years, I can deal with a couple that has maybe a ten year age difference between them.

I don't know some of these people, I only watched DOOL from 1996 until the Gemini Twins landed, but I miss soaps and needed one to watch.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Jennifer looks 50-ish and Eric looks 40-ish.  If I can deal with male crypt keeper looking mofos getting married to younger women on soaps for years, I can deal with a couple that has maybe a ten year age difference between them.

I don't know some of these people, I only watched DOOL from 1996 until the Gemini Twins landed, but I miss soaps and needed one to watch.

I agree : 10 years is not much and with the usual older man/young woman trope we can deal with the opposite, fair is fair..but most of the time i saw scenes between Jennifer and Eric, the vibe was more mother/son than anything else which was kind of weird for me. And Jennifer as a character sucks most of the time to me..and that does not help.

Edited by pau
  • Love 4

So Nicole's gone. Bonnie's been discovered. And it appears someone, other than Stefano, wanted Will brought back to life. I like the way a couple storylines are ending, just as new ones are starting.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Wasn't it supposed to be ignored that Bonnie and Adrienne looked exactly alike, like everyone wasn't to acknowledge that the same actress played both roles?  Adrienne was off the show for story purposes, but Judi came back so they gave her a different role.  I always thought that was how it worked at least.

Yes. We the audience and the characters were supposed to see Bonnie as a new character. Her resemblance to Adrienne was never mentioned, not even in a tongue and cheek way. Ron is the only one that has "connected" the two characters. 

• Love 3

I thought the part where Jennifer put her head on Eric's shoulder and he kissed her head and then they just looked at each other and smiled was super adorable. I could maybe be into this. I go back and forth on loving and hating Jennifer though so I don't know. Her outfit today was horrendous.

I love Kate so much. LK is killing this story. And I am obsessed with her pants.

I liked all the Sami/Rolf scenes. Hope is so incompetent it's kind of hilarious.

Brady had me rolling during all the wedding scenes. His faces were amazing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I liked all the Sami/Rolf scenes. Hope is so incompetent it's kind of hilarious.

COMMISSIONER Hope. "Sami, no." As Sami pistol whips Rolf. I'm trying to remain spoiler free for the time being so the who wants Will alive is interesting and I have no idea.

• Love 5
On October 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM, buffynut said:

I started watching again just before the wedding. So the first I saw of Abby was her pretending to be Sami's friend, while Sami pretended not to know Abby slept with EJ. So I automatically hated Abby. And when Will, who I'd never seen before either, wrote the scandalous article about his mother, I automatically hated him too. The current Abby is the type of character I think Jennifer's daughter should be, so I pretty much forget all hateful things the KM version of Abby did. And I think Ron is trying to do the same, and only wrote that "Sami kisses Chad" scene, because of the "elephant in the room", and that it will not be mentioned again.

It seems the combo of KM's acting choices along with the failure of the show to rightly give the Abby some blowback for the EJ romp is a bridge too far for some fans. I get it, but soaps are character journeys for me, and I don't know that I've ever truly written a character off for being an asshole for a time period. It's true that the writing for soaps will never be what it once was, but if I could forgive her father, and I hated him, I can get over her ridiculousness with EJ. 

The new actress goes a long way for me in that, and even when Mansi was still in the role, I rooted for her and Chad. Call me easy, but I love the whole thing where she stood up for him and helped him when the whole town assumed that he was probably a killer because he has Dimera blood.  

So many characters in this shows history have done far worse, and gone on to be beloved. I'm open to it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rustyspigot said:

COMMISSIONER Hope. "Sami, no." As Sami pistol whips Rolf. I'm trying to remain spoiler free for the time being so the who wants Will alive is interesting and I have no idea.

I'm really intrigued. Outside of Stefano who would want Will alive? 

His parents and grandparents are all accounted for. Bill has no reason to take Will.

Will has no other enemies. Unless crazy Mary has come back to finish kidnaping him.

Unless it's an enemy of Sami, Kate, or Lucas's? 

Vivian has no reason to take Will.

• Love 3

No one has mentioned EJ as a possible suspect. Doubt there has been a recast so it is not him.

Don't think an age difference means much if both parties are middle-aged. Both Jennifer and Eric have had a lot of bumps and bruises in their lives. Jennifer does come across as a bit stiff and a cold fish, but.....

Nice to see that someone has temporarily found the Salem Brain! That pesky thing likes to evade capture.

I would think that Maggie would have recognized the brooch as something Bonnie Lockhart from the past would have found meaningful, but she missed it.

Of course the quickie divorce and wedding was fake. Divorces don't happen within 2 minutes.

Bonnie looked quite striking in her Dynasty dress.  Nice lipstick. But it's all a-crumbling with all the wedding crashers.

Sami, you don't take the Commissioner's gun.  Even though the Commissioner is new and quite inept and somewhat incompetent.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No one has mentioned EJ as a possible suspect. Doubt there has been a recast so it is not him.

Don't think an age difference means much if both parties are middle-aged. Both Jennifer and Eric have had a lot of bumps and bruises in their lives. Jennifer does come across as a bit stiff and a cold fish, but.....

Nice to see that someone has temporarily found the Salem Brain! That pesky thing likes to evade capture.

I would think that Maggie would have recognized the brooch as something Bonnie Lockhart from the past would have found meaningful, but she missed it.

Of course the quickie divorce and wedding was fake. Divorces don't happen within 2 minutes.

Bonnie looked quite striking in her Dynasty dress.  Nice lipstick. But it's all a-crumbling with all the wedding crashers.

Sami, you don't take the Commissioner's gun.  Even though the Commissioner is new and quite inept and somewhat incompetent.

My first thought was EJ, but figured we would of heard of a recast. I am curious though. 

2 hours ago, General Days said:

I think it could be "EJ" in a way that isn't. Like maybe at the end of Alison Sweeney's visit, she'll leave because she's convinced he is still alive and orchestrated saving/resurrecting Will, and now she has to find EJ. 

That could be a good way to go.

2 hours ago, annabel said:

did Adrienne have reconstructive surgery? that dress was pretty low-cut. also very low-cut was Abby's dress from the other day the v-neck was practically down to her waist.

She did have reconstructive surgery. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, tribeca said:

So Maggie fine with Victor putting a hit out on his brother.   Good to know.

Maggie made it clear to Bonnie that she wasn't fine with it, actually.

Pretty much everything in this episode was spot-on for me, from Kate and Andre's scenes, with and without Sami, Hope, Sami, and Rolf's scenes, to the big-money scenes: the Victor/Maggie/Justin/Brady/Bonnie/Sheila scenes.  And of course, the moments that really counted: Victor and Maggie dropping the bombs about the wedding being fake and the divorce papers being fake, plus the knowledge of Victor putting out the hit on Deimos already being known, and finally, Steve and Kayla coming in with the reveal that "Adrienne" is really Bonnie.  Perfection.

Once again, I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

• Love 3

I liked that Nicole’s last scene was a bit of a Scarlett O’Hara moment where she vowed to return to Salem. (Akin to Scarlett’s ‘I’ll never be hungry again!’).  I wonder how AZ felt about that.  Did she want the door left open?   

I felt for Eric and I thought Nicole sold that line of BS as well as it could be sold.  But Eric should figure out it was Brady’s fault eventually IMO.  

Jen was very sweet and smart to get Eric out of that farmhouse.  She’s an awesome friend. And determined.  

I’m ready for Bonnie to be busted.  I feel for the actress and those cheesy gowns.  Poor thing is going to get a chest cold.  

I’m totally okay with that being the last mention of Abi/EJ.  EJ was no innocent in that torrid affair IMO.  

And I love how Abi can get Andre to do things.  I used to really dislike Andre and now I’ve got a soft spot for him.  

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, SueB said:

I’m totally okay with that being the last mention of Abi/EJ.  EJ was no innocent in that torrid affair IMO.  

I would disagree that it was torrid or an affair. I was just a horrible plot plot that made everyone look bad and stupid.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Maggie made it clear to Bonnie that she wasn't fine with it, actually.

Although given Deimos paralyzed and almost killed her, I would have been fine with Maggie being fine with it. It's time for the Hortons and Bradys (who aren't in the ISA, FBI, or on the Salem PD) to wake up and smell the coffee. Law enforcement in this town is forever broken, and if they want to survive, they need to make it a vigilante state. It's kind of how I hated that Hope killed Stefano in the manner and under the circumstances she did, because I think it takes something away from a (largely) noble character. However, then I remember that really, Marlena should have killed him at least two decades ago, and then they should have named the hospital after her. 

1 hour ago, SueB said:

I liked that Nicole’s last scene was a bit of a Scarlett O’Hara moment where she vowed to return to Salem. (Akin to Scarlett’s ‘I’ll never be hungry again!’).  I wonder how AZ felt about that.  Did she want the door left open?   

I felt for Eric and I thought Nicole sold that line of BS as well as it could be sold.  But Eric should figure out it was Brady’s fault eventually IMO.  

Jen was very sweet and smart to get Eric out of that farmhouse.  She’s an awesome friend. And determined.  

I’m ready for Bonnie to be busted.  I feel for the actress and those cheesy gowns.  Poor thing is going to get a chest cold.  

And I love how Abi can get Andre to do things.  I used to really dislike Andre and now I’ve got a soft spot for him.  

Yeah, Nicole went all, "As God as my witness," which I felt was a little too on the nose. That was Carlivati being all, "Look at me," which he tends to do. Nicole, Sami and Kate are all Scarlett O'Hara types. We get it, Ron. We've been watching for years. 

I really wish Eric and Nicole hadn't gotten together at the late stage they did. It was just an after-thought. It was also counter to all the growing Nicole has done since Eric returned to Salem as a priest (right after she pretended Jennifer caused her to lose her already-dead baby). I guess Ron was trying to give the Ericole fans something, but for me, it detracted from her progress to sleep with him prior to breaking up with Brady. 

I would have rather that Nicole recognized her feelings for Eric, realized she had only fallen in love with the fantasy of a ready-made family with Brady and the kids, instead of Brady himself, and then figured out Brady was drinking again.

She then could have realized she's never really gotten Eric out of her system, and decided what she really needed to do was take care of Holly -- the baby she's been longing for for years and never thought she'd have, rather than a newly sober ex-con, who is still trying to get things together.

She could have then gotten both boys in a room, told them Brady needed to get back into recovery, he and Eric needed to repair their relationship, and that she'd waited too long for Holly to squander a moment of her life on their drama. She could have then had a private moment with Eric in which she told him she's always loved him, but this just isn't their time; if/when they ever get together, she wants it to be wonderful, not hurtful.

I can't imagine Ari wouldn't want the door left open. She might have no intention of returning, but she's an actress in her mid-40s, a time when so many women are ignored right out of the industry. 

My nitpicks with plot points aside, I am grateful Nicole got her last monologue. I don't know how many times over the years the writers have thrown five pages of monologue at Zucker and stuck her in Horton Square, or in front of that hedge, or wherever and made her talk to herself. I do know that 75% of the time they made her do it, it amounted to one of the best scenes in a given episode.

They were smart to keep her on until Alison Sweeney returned, because without either Sami or Nicole, this show is in severe need of a shot in the ass.

Edited by General Days
Because NSA is not the same as ISA. Also, because grammar is not my friend, today.
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

If it was anyone but Sami, I might agree.  I have no doubt Sami is a better shot than Hope or anyone else on the Salem PD, and will put Hope's gun to good use.  I didn't just laugh when Sami started smacking Rolf around, I cheered.

9 hours ago, General Days said:

I think it could be "EJ" in a way that isn't. Like maybe at the end of Alison Sweeney's visit, she'll leave because she's convinced he is still alive and orchestrated saving/resurrecting Will, and now she has to find EJ. 

Oh God, I hope not.  Sami has wasted enough time on that pathetic loser.

LOL at Kate kind of missing Sami.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, pau said:

I agree : 10 years is not much and with the usual older man/young woman trope we can deal with the opposite, fair is fair..but most of the time i saw scenes between Jennifer and Eric, the vibe was more mother/son than anything else which was kind of weird for me. And Jennifer as a character sucks most of the time to me..and that does not help.

to me she looks much older. but of course her nasty hair "style" and color may have something to do with that. i also see no chemistry between them as lovers. friends, yes. or something motherly. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I would disagree that it was torrid or an affair. I was just a horrible plot plot that made everyone look bad and stupid.

It was not an 'affair' and it was the opposite of  'torrid'..that's for sure..ugh.

54 minutes ago, General Days said:

Yeah, Nicole went all, "As God as my witness," which I felt was a little too on the nose. That was Carlivati being all, "Look at me," which he tends to do. Nicole, Sami and Kate are all Scarlett O'Hara types. We get it, Ron. We've been watching for years. 

Sami is a Scarlett O'Hara type, Nicole and Kate no, they are not and never have been.

I did not watch this last Nicole's scene but making her say these famous last Scarlett sentences is ridiculous imo..really ridiculous.

1 hour ago, pau said:

It was not an 'affair' and it was the opposite of  'torrid'..that's for sure..ugh.

Sami is a Scarlett O'Hara type, Nicole and Kate no, they are not and never have been.

I did not watch this last Nicole's scene but making her say these famous last Scarlett sentences is ridiculous imo..really ridiculous.

What do people consider a "Scarlett O'Hara type"?  

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"Hey, I'm in the room here."

This interjection (oh, hi, PopUp Victor! Nice to see you back in form) and Sheila's perfectly gobsmacked "For real? on Bonnie's "What about my son and his boyfriend -- their wedding was crashed by a psycho killer?" rundown of the Salem Wedding Curse were my favourite parts of this sequence -- which finally arrived, and still managed to feel draggy and overly padded. Bonkers Black's utter cluelessness was less amusing than usual, if only because he won't see any useful parallel between Bonnie's blackmail attempt and what he's doing to Nicole, but I digress...

I finally realized that Greg Vaughn has been under-utilized all this time, I think. Eric's anguish at finally being at one with Nicole only to lose her all over again was really moving -- except the somewhat by rote room-wrecker tantrum that has been commented on upthread. (Part of it was what a contrast it made with seeing Eric smile when they were finally together -- actually smile -- with his eyes and his whole face and everything! So that's what Eric looks like when he's happy!) I'd be even more moved by Nicole's pain if I could escape the feeling that she's not actually doing anything all that noble -- she may tell herself that she's sacrificing her happiness for her daughter's sake, but ultimately she's just trying to keep her own ass out of jail. That's not self-sacrifice, bubbeleh. Don't get me wrong; Bonkers Black is a sick, manipulative bastard who thinks his own pain should be the rule the whole world lives by, but, come on!

I loved the scenes for Sami and Eric ("Happy, crappy birthday to us!") and Sami and Lucas, and Sami and Kate, and especially Sami and her mother -- I think the balance between consistency and growth in their relationship is right. Although I couldn't help wishing that Sami had been able to move on from torturing herself over the unworthy Elvis ("soulmate"? Pff. Yeah, no.) at last. I even liked (inconsistent of me as it is) the scene where Sami cracked the odious Dr. Rolf upside the head. I'm not in favour of violence, usually.

Still don't really care about Andre, though, even as the show tries to work him into the Will's Return storyline. I like Jennifer and Eric as friends. I want that to continue. This gentle, practical, truth-telling (and most remarkably non-judgmental) Jennifer is actually a pretty good person.

3 hours ago, General Days said:

I would have rather that Nicole recognized her feelings for Eric, realized she had only fallen in love with the fantasy of a ready-made family with Brady and the kids, instead of Brady himself, and then figured out Brady was drinking again.

She then could have realized she's never really gotten Eric out of her system, and decided what she really needed to do was take care of Holly -- the baby she's been longing for for years and never thought she'd have, rather than a newly sober ex-con, who is still trying to get things together.

Yes, please.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

What do people consider a "Scarlett O'Hara type"?  

I can only speak for myself..but if some character on this soap has some connection/similarities with a fictional character like Scarlett O'Hara it would be Sami Brady.

The similaries i can see are : the underdog profile, the flawed but resourceful character, the desire/search for the 'perfect' guy who will make everything better in her fantasized dream/vision but who doesn't share the same interest/view (Ashley/Austin), the guy flawed beside who understands you and wants to be with you on the other hand (Ej and to a lesser degree Brandon before/Rhett), the tempestuous/passionate/often toxic relationship between two very flawed and selfish characters who can understand each others (Sami/Ej and maybe Sami/Lucas and obviously Scarlett/Rhett).

However it will stay very surfacy because Gone with the wind is a litterature masterpiece, Dool is a subpar daytime soap, can't be compared properly..

Scarlett is also idealistic and although selfish like Sami, she will fight for her land Tara, for her people, she will see outside of her little bubble..Sami is far more shallow although we can argue that sometimes outside of her love life she will fight for her children, yet it is still all about her..Scarlett is a complex character, Sami doesn't benefit of real deep and complex characterisation. She is not a fighter, a powerful feminist symbol like Scarlett was.

Edited by pau
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Although given Deimos paralyzed and almost killed her, I would have been fine with Maggie being fine with it. It's time for the Hortons and Bradys (who aren't in the ISA, FBI, or on the Salem PD) to wake up and smell the coffee. Law enforcement in this town is forever broken, and if they want to survive, they need to make it a vigilante state. It's kind of how I hated that Hope killed Stefano in the manner and under the circumstances she did, because I think it takes something away from a (largely) noble character. However, then I remember that really, Marlena should have killed him at least two decades ago, and then they should have named the hospital after her. 

I really wish Eric and Nicole hadn't gotten together at the late stage they did. It was just an after-thought. It was also counter to all the growing Nicole has done since Eric returned to Salem as a priest (right after she pretended Jennifer caused her to lose her already-dead baby). I guess Ron was trying to give the Ericole fans something, but for me, it detracted from her progress to sleep with him prior to breaking up with Brady. 

She could have then gotten both boys in a room, told them Brady needed to get back into recovery, he and Eric needed to repair their relationship, and that she'd waited too long for Holly to squander a moment of her life on their drama. She could have then had a private moment with Eric in which she told him she's always loved him, but this just isn't their time; if/when they ever get together, she wants it to be wonderful, not hurtful.

I can't imagine Ari wouldn't want the door left open. She might have no intention of returning, but she's an actress in her mid-40s, a time when so many women are ignored right out of the industry. 

My nitpicks with plot points aside, I am grateful Nicole got her last monologue. I don't know how many times over the years the writers have thrown five pages of monologue at Zucker and stuck her in Horton Square, or in front of that hedge, or wherever and made her talk to herself. I do know that 75% of the time they made her do it, it amounted to one of the best scenes in a given episode.

They were smart to keep her on until Alison Sweeney returned, because without either Sami or Nicole, this show is in severe need of a shot in the ass.

I think Ari would be smart to leave the door wide open.  It seems that her decision was heavily influenced by Shawn Christopher being fired, those feelings may subside a little down the line.  Also you have an industry where when she made that decision the people in power and that she was mad at may not even be running the show anymore.  I actually would be curious how she feels now that Ron is running the show.  Does she think "I would of stayed and wanted to work with Ron more" or brining in "new management" doesn't change her feelings. 

Hell, the regime change is how we got Chandler back, for however long.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, General Days said:

This is pretty much what I think will happen.

They've shown how Sami is still in love with EJ and mourning him in her recent scene with Marlena. They even have Kate point out the EJ was Samil's soulmate in yesterday's ep. It is good closure for any possible loose ends fanwanked about her return for the show to have her express her feelings so explicitly, IMO. Plus it leaves the lacking in self-awareness pairing of Rafe & Hope to continue in their love story bubble of faux integrity and it allows to Lucas to move on instead of pathetically pining  after Sami - that deep down pining Lucas has that remains before he's dumped by whatever other woman he's dating - when he was friendzoned by her years ago. Sami moved on a long while ago with both Rafe and EJ. Past time Lucas moved on to so he can stop being dependent on Sami in order to be relevant to a story. It does Lucas no favors at all. 

I'm curious regarding Jen and Eric. I have a couple of friends who aren't fans and a few who like it. I'm still neutral but as long as they're not written in the bad teen story way that Dannifer was written, I will keep an open mind. I won't miss weepy Nicole. Still wish she'd been exposed for what she did to Arianna before she left, though.

RE: whether or not Abby is a terrible character, I'm a yes vote but obviously mileage varies. One of my biggest peeves with the writing for her and Chabby in general is their relationship seems heavily focused on Chad constantly praising her for behavior/traits that aren't actually shown onscreen. While MM brings a more sympathetic version of Abby to the show - although I am still not sympathetic to Abby at all - there's still the same writing dishonesty where Chad is constantly telling Abby how beautiful, generous, kind, and honest she is to build her up as this amazing heroine while the character doesn't seem to show onscreen to have any of the traits that Chad constantly praises her as having. While all of that praise was absolutely laughable while KM played Abby, I'm still not seeing anything showing in Abby's actions she's deserving of all that praise. It's still a lot of tell and a lot of Chad carrying Abby in their stories and 'rescuing' her. I don't really care for BF's Chad but I'm continuing to see Chad do all the heavy lifting in his relationship with Abby regardless of who is playing that character. She's Jack and Jennifer's daughter, but beyond that what has Abby done that makes her a good/viable character in her own right. I just draw a blank on Abby after the Ashley Benson years. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, pau said:

I can only speak for myself..but if some character on this soap has some connection/similarities with a fictional character like Scarlett O'Hara it would be Sami Brady.

The similaries i can see are : the underdog profile, the flawed but resourceful character, the desire/search for the 'perfect' guy who will make everything better in her fantasized dream/vision but who doesn't share the same interest/view (Ashley/Austin), the guy flawed beside who understands you and wants to be with you on the other hand (Ej and to a lesser degree Brandon before/Rhett), the tempestuous/passionate/sometimes toxic relationship between two very flawed and selfish characters who can understand each others (Sami/Ej and maybe Sami/Lucas and obviously Scarlett/Rhett).

However it will stay very surfacy because Gone with the wind is a litterature masterpiece, Dool is a subpar daytime soap, can't be compared properly..

Scarlett is also idealistic and although selfish like Sami, she will fight for her land Tara, for her people, she will see outside of her little bubble..Sami is far more shallow although we can argue that sometimes outside of her love life she will fight for her children, yet it is still all about her..Scarlett is a complex character, Sami doesn't benefit of real deep and complex characterisation. She is not a fighter, a powerful feminist symbol like Scarlett was.

Thanks!  I can see where people would consider that Nicole and Kate have those qualities though too.  And I definitely agree with what I put in bold. ;-)  

6 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Hell, the regime change is how we got Chandler back, for however long.

(Please let the regime change get Peter Reckell back... please let the regime change get Peter Reckell back...)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Thanks!  I can see where people would consider that Nicole and Kate have those qualities though too.  And I definitely agree with what I put in bold. ;-)  

We can agree on that but i maintain, if one character show some superficial similaries with the fictional iconic female character Scarlett O'Hara on this soap it would be Sami Brady and not Nicole Walker or Kate Roberts. They are strong female characters on the landscape of this soap, but i don't see any similarities with Scarlett, even on the surface.

10 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

She is not a fighter, a powerful feminist symbol like Scarlett was.

I think Sami is a fighter. She doesn't just lie down and let things happen to her and not respond back. That said, I don't think Sami is a feminist symbol nor are many of the women on Days, though I would also argue that Scarlett O'Hara isn't an intersectional feminist symbol but that's for a different forum to debate. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I think Sami is a fighter. She doesn't just lie down and let things happen to her and not respond back. That said, I don't think Sami is a feminist symbol nor are many of the women on Days, though I would also argue that Scarlett O'Hara isn't an intersectional feminist symbol but that's for a different forum to debate. 

Well Sami is a fighter, you are right but she is a 'soap' fighter..not a 'real fighter'..Scarlett is a symbol of fictional female fighter from my pov, i don't have time to develop properly the subject..i hope you understand what i mean..Daytime soap characters are not enough examined/developed to be certified 'fighter' imo..at least compared to iconic, really complex, layered characters like Scarlett O'Hara, Emma Bovary, Nora Helmer ect..

Edited by pau

I really need Lucas to sober up because his current look makes me think that he is a smelly hobo. Lucas could have been the one to save Adrienne but he was too deep in his misery and addiction to hear what she was saying. Hence why Justin gets to do it and they have that big moment at the end of the show. I never bought Lucas and Adrienne. Today just confirmed it more to me.

• Love 6

The Bonnie storyline was a bust like I knew that it would be.  Ron was never interested in repairing the Justin/Adrienne relationship, he just wanted camp, camp and more camp. The Hattie storyline focused on John/Marlena. Whereas, the Bonnie storyline was about Bonnie and the campiness that she brings with her.  We did not see enough of Adrienne and what she was going through in prison. Justin had no clue when he should have known that this was an impostor.  Justin should have figured it out.  At some point Bonnie did not even try to impersonate Adrienne and was being herself. Yet, nobody suspected that something was wrong. Sonny never even had a clue and never really interacted as mother and son.  I won't even rant about her other sons.  They must not give a damn about Adrienne, since they never called Justin to complain about their mother's weird behavior.  Everybody looked stupid, especially, Justin and Maggie.  If I was on tweeter, I would have tweeted this post to Ron. Since he is so thin-skinned, he would probably block me. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

It's weird that they replayed the cliffhanger from yesterday but broke it into separate scenes when we'd already seen Steve reveal Bonnie's identity.

Lucas is moving far beyond obnoxious territory.

"Bite me twice."

So Hope is more interested in arresting Sami than in finding out where Will is, huh?

I wonder what the Eli and Sheila connection is. I loved her little "psspss" at the end.

How did Justin get to Statesville ahead of Steve and Kayla?

• Love 5

Except for some little things, and there's always little things, I'm enjoying the show right now.  I think it's as "must watch" as it was during the 50th. but with better, faster moving, less dark and depressing storylines.  I've said it before, but wonder what Ron would have done with the 50th?  I like what he's done so far, and am looking forward to November sweeps, which starts Oct 26 - Thursday.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The Bonnie storyline was a bust like I knew that it would be. 

Nope.  I enjoyed the fallout completely.  I enjoyed seeing Bonnie completely busted and all out of moves.  And I loved everyone reaming her out.  And most of all, I loved Adrienne finally getting found and saved.

Nah.  Wasn't a bust for me.  I enjoyed it greatly.

9 hours ago, General Days said:

Although given Deimos paralyzed and almost killed her, I would have been fine with Maggie being fine with it.

Apparently, she decided to be fine with it, after all.  She told Victor today that she didn't condone it, but she wouldn't turn him in since she at least understood it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Star Aristille said:

I loved Adrienne finally getting found and saved.

It would have been better if Adrienne had had some agency, some hand in rescuing herself. But I never found much to enjoy in the storyline.

• Love 6