Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Oh My God! I actually liked all the characters today! Well, that maybe going a little far, so let's go with: I didn't hate anybody today!

That really means something after the last couple of years....

• Love 4

Today's episode was actually pretty good all around. Color me shocked! Brady even acted like a human being to Theresa for a whole three seconds.

Theresa and Nicole's scenes were great - can't wait to see them team up, especially once Nicole finds out Kate is in the mix...

DrunkEric is super fun and pretty. Can we keep him, please? Greg Vaughn is so much fun when he has something interesting to play. And Dan, STFU. You're harshing Eric's buzz (not mention that of the entire viewing audience).

Eve and Marlena's scenes were excellent today - kudos to KdP. Even Marlena seemed human! Eve's grief still feels… rushed, or cut short, or something. I can't quite put my finger on it. But taken on its own, her interactions with Marlena were quite good.

WTH is up with Caroline? And why was she dressed like a vicar at the end?

Holy filming break, Batman! That was a pretty abrupt day change in Salem today - methinks there was some jiggery pokery going on in the editing room for this episode. Everyone's hair looked noticeably different, and Victor apparently changed his clothes between his scene with Maggie and arriving at the hospital (at home his shirt, tie, and pocket square were different than at the hospital).

• Love 4

WTH is up with Caroline? And why was she dressed like a vicar at the end?

I finally caught up with this weeks episodes and yes, what the hell was that? What other mystical things will reveal themselves in that mirror? Taylor's scarf? Faye's cameo? That bag of Wanchai Ferry?

• Love 5

I think it is not to do with Caroline's (NOT CAROLYN, EVERYONE WHO KEEPS PROUNCING IT THAT WAY, I WOULD PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE IF IT WERE ME) memory problems, but perhaps some sort of spiritual Salem that exists in that house (the first Salem mansion!!!!) that will come into play during the celebration. So we will get to see lots of flashbacks that otherwise might not have made a lot of sense.

• Love 2

Pardon me while I gush.  That was one of the best, soapiest, episodes from any of the shows I've seen in at least the last 4 years.  Even the stuff I thought was tedious, at best, was more than balanced out by the good.

Caroline, Maggie, Julie, remembering, Julie going all the way back to the beginning and remembering the father of her child, for God's sake - the kid we never hear about anymore, the father of the grandson we never hear about.  I kept thinking what it must have felt like for Susan to say those lines, remember that far back.  Maggie was sweet and I NEVER have anything good to say about her.  And Caroline,.....I'm a sap for this actress in any case, but today she made me get a tiny sniffle way back in my throat.  Was seeing Shawn in the mirror a foretelling that she'd be joining him soon?  Is Peggy McKay going to retire completely and are we going to lose Caroline Brady?

Kate and Theresa, Nicole, Kate and Lucas, all spot on, all hit the right notes, and best of all, ALL promises some good storytelling that showcases women NOT as only some sort of weak adjunt to an underserving Salem male lunkhead.

Marlena and Eve did have me tearing up.  As you all have said, besides KdP bringing her A game (I think she's my favorite of all current actresses in any of the soaps I watch with Jenn Lilley and AZ a closely tied second) - but her regrets, her deep sadness and her FINALLY realizing that she messed up badly and now it can never be made better.  And Marlena was at her current best, at least for me.  I loved her when she was helping Will with his coming out process, and I loved her with Eve today.  

I EVEN - well, 'liked' would be generous, but let's say that at least I didn't mind Jawn and Brady.  Although his origin search has been done to death - literally in several instances - it makes sense now as to why the ISA is so important.  And it also makes sense that the Show would want to finally tie up this loose end at long last.  But THIS time, make it so, as Picard would say.

I'm glad that some of you enjoyed Eric.....me, not so much.  I never knew two hits of cherry coke could make a guy so giddy.  Gawd, he's even an uptight drunk.   The writing for this character has been bad but I think that Greg Vaughn is also largely responsible.  The guy exudes ZERO sex appeal to me, anyway.  He and Ben could both walk around Salem nekkid and offend nobody.  There just can't be anything there with either one of them.

And as odious as it was to see Dan the Tan Man in his usual holier-than-thou superhero persona, seeing him reminded me of how LITTLE we've seen of him - and isn't that a glorious thing in and of itself??

• Love 10

Marlena and Eve' s scenes were great. I hope this is the beginning of a better storyline for Kassie. Dee Hall and Susan Lucci perhaps had the same person doing their work, who was a hell of a lot better than whoever worked on Jackie Zeman and Leslie Charleson. Dee doesn't look scary, maybe a little like she can't smile sometimes, but mostly she still looks like herself, though not what a woman her actual age would look like.

• Love 6

A lot of people use Caroline and Carolyn interchangeably. I have a cousin named Caroline who gets it. Also, one of my regular customers who brings her dogs once a week, I inherited from a groomer who quit the weeks after I was hired. The customer has records with both names, pays my cashier, and tips me cash. I will probably never know which is her real name.

I thought though Caroline was called Carolyn by Victor for a reason. Like he wanted a distinction in how she was spoken to or what they did than in her other life.

• Love 3

"Caroline" has had some work done on her face so I'm having a difficult time reading any emotions and in this story line, I am missing that.  She can't move much of her face and that's unfortunate given where they are going with this.  I have no issues with plastic surgery/fillers, etc but when it's done poorly, as has unfortunately happened with her, it's distracting - to me.

Glad the week ended without Clyde on the scene - I hope he's dead and buried under some pre-Fall leaves in murder park - probably too much to hope for though.  I hope the next murder is committed while Chad is locked up so we can move past this obvious red herring.  

Justin seems to have been appointed the keeper and teller of the story as he continually repeats pretty much the exact same dialogue each and every time he outlines why Chad is the murderer.  Away from that story, he's fine - but, in it, he's intolerable - 

I wish they hadn't made Eve so awful - I'm having trouble feeling much even as she is playing it well - I can't seem to muster up much sympathy - but, hopefully, they will be changing course with the character and whatever the hell she was up to re: Jen can just go away.

• Love 4

"Caroline" has had some work done on her face so I'm having a difficult time reading any emotions and in this story line, I am missing that. She can't move much of her face and that's unfortunate given where they are going with this. I have no issues with plastic surgery/fillers, etc but when it's done poorly, as has unfortunately happened with her, it's distracting - to me.

I wish they hadn't made Eve so awful - I'm having trouble feeling much even as she is playing it well - I can't seem to muster up much sympathy - but, hopefully, they will be changing course with the character and whatever the hell she was up to re: Jen can just go away.

I don't know if you were watching when Steve and Kayla returned in 2006, but the way Peggy McKay's face looks now is worlds better than how she looked then. It's sad really.

Eve is awful, and if the show were smart, with Victor and Stefano way past their villainous prime and Clyde too vile to keep, Eve would be the perfect person to pick up the torch. KDP would be amazing and with Paige's death and a possible failed(?) romance with Justin on the horizon, they have the perfect setup in play to send her permanently over to villain-ville.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

Eve being a villainess would be interesting..We know that Shane has an evil twin Andrew and Eve would be channeling him..I remember when Kim met Andrew and mistook him for Shane.. I wonder whatever happened to him..I remember that he was a double agent that worked for Stefano...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Why was Caroline/Carolyn dressed as a nun? If she wasn't why didn't anyone in the wardrobe department notice? That said, the writing, plotting & acting has made a total 180 in the last 2 weeks. I've never seen such a fast turnaround on a show which is odd since DOOL tapes six months in advance. It was neat to,hear Julie talk about the actual DOOL past since she's basically played in from the start (not really). I thought that Kassie DePavia & Deidre Hall were awesome together and that Hall really plays her role so well as someone who has to act as someone who is listening. It could be a thankless role but she plays it so well. Also, Peter Reckell looks awesome and in shape for someone held in a prison all this time. His scruff has held up really well. LOL!!!!

• Love 4

A lot of people use Caroline and Carolyn interchangeably. I have a cousin named Caroline who gets it. Also, one of my regular customers who brings her dogs once a week, I inherited from a groomer who quit the weeks after I was hired. The customer has records with both names, pays my cashier, and tips me cash. I will probably never know which is her real name.

I thought though Caroline was called Carolyn by Victor for a reason. Like he wanted a distinction in how she was spoken to or what they did than in her other life.

Yes, but THEY ARE NOT THE SAME NAME. I am sorry to keep harping on this, and apparently it is not as touchy a subject for many as it is for me. Maybe y'all have names that cannot easily be mucked up. My name is Anna, not Ann, Anne, or Annie (and please do not get it wrong when replying to my email since it is RIGHT THERE IN MY EMAIL ADDRESS), and that is how is is pronounced, not Ohnna. I promise to shut up about this now.

• Love 3

How is it possible that it's in the news yet Teresa still does not know her niece was murdered.  I have seen it mentioned more than once that Shane may not come back because no one would believe him as Eve's dad.  I don't know I watched Guiding Light and viewers accepted Nadine as Frank's mom  anything is possible *g

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 2

I do believe that as some point that Shane will come back..Shane and Kim were part of the supercouple era of days. They will be back at some point..I think that there have been returns that we don't know about...There was a rumor that Carrie and Austin came back for a stint along with their son Roman Austin...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Not only does Theresa not know but Jen & Abby don't know either. It's like everyone is in a different town in the year 1975. I see all the iPads & smartphones being shown but no one is getting the frickin local news. Even, Hope (Jen's cousin) is on the police force and she doesn't know. The show is great but there is a huge disconnect between storylines.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

Marlena is always at her best when she's in therapy mode. Awhile back on youtube, someone uploaded a 30 to 40 minute video of Marlena in therapist mode. It had scenes of Marlena being a therapist.

So seeing her being in that mode with eve makes me think the writers understand that.

Though, when I watch Kassim as eve..it just doesn't feel like Eve. I keep imaging how Charlotte Ross would have played these scenes. I would think Eve would hold herself together, maybe be defensive and bitchy to the world..then fall apart when by herself. That's how I imagine real Eve to be.

Still kassie is a great actress, just wish she weren't playing Eve..is all.

• Love 5

My favorite scenes on Friday were also of the scenes between Marlena and Eve.  I thought Marlena was very compassionate and she acted like how a professional therapist should act and I thought she helped Eve a little with her terrible grief.  I'm so glad Eve chose to talk to Marlena about her grief rather than have grief sex with Justin (ick!).  And boy am I glad Justin pulled away from Eve after they kissed and regained his senses that they should not be doing this!

I feel so bad for Lucas.  This dude has the worst track record when it comes to love relationships!  I liked Lucas with Adrienne and I think their scenes together were incredibly sweet.  Lucas fell in love, it seems to me, for the very first time with a mature, sensible woman and I think it would've worked out for them except the Show always wanted Justin and Adrienne together.  I think it's a testament to JE's acting that I couldn't hate her for dumping Lucas but made me sympathize for her.  But, oh, poor Lucas!  In my dream storyline, Sami comes back to Salem, meets up with Lucas again and they both realize that they still love each other and decided to get married again.  It's not going to happen, but I sure would like a happy ending to poor Lucas one day.

Didn't Caroline come down with Alzheimer's?  She seems to be functioning pretty well, except for seeing her dead husband in the mirror thing.  I missed the storyline that Caroline became sick and ended up in this hospital and she had a reconciliation of sorts with Victor.  Can someone fill me in on that?  Thanks.

I still think Theresa is a disaster.  I hope Kate and Nicole will join forces and try to contain this immature drug abuser.  I wouldn't want Theresa anywhere near the operations of Basic Black.  She'd bring the company down.

• Love 4

There was a rumor that Carrie and Austin came back for a stint along with their son Roman Austin...

Carrie only needs to come back so she and Sami can team up to beat Abifail's ass. And if she and Austin come back with the baby that's just going to remind people that she only stayed with him because she found out she was pregnant. 

• Love 4

My favorite scenes on Friday were also of the scenes between Marlena and Eve. I thought Marlena was very compassionate and she acted like how a professional therapist should act and I thought she helped Eve a little with her terrible grief. I'm so glad Eve chose to talk to Marlena about her grief rather than have grief sex with Justin (ick!). And boy am I glad Justin pulled away from Eve after they kissed and regained his senses that they should not be doing this!

I feel so bad for Lucas. This dude has the worst track record when it comes to love relationships! I liked Lucas with Adrienne and I think their scenes together were incredibly sweet. Lucas fell in love, it seems to me, for the very first time with a mature, sensible woman and I think it would've worked out for them except the Show always wanted Justin and Adrienne together. I think it's a testament to JE's acting that I couldn't hate her for dumping Lucas but made me sympathize for her. But, oh, poor Lucas! In my dream storyline, Sami comes back to Salem, meets up with Lucas again and they both realize that they still love each other and decided to get married again. It's not going to happen, but I sure would like a happy ending to poor Lucas one day.

Didn't Caroline come down with Alzheimer's? She seems to be functioning pretty well, except for seeing her dead husband in the mirror thing. I missed the storyline that Caroline became sick and ended up in this hospital and she had a reconciliation of sorts with Victor. Can someone fill me in on that? Thanks.

I still think Theresa is a disaster. I hope Kate and Nicole will join forces and try to contain this immature drug abuser. I wouldn't want Theresa anywhere near the operations of Basic Black. She'd bring the company down.

The way Friday went I fear that Theresa and Kate will team up against Nicole.

• Love 2

Didn't Caroline come down with Alzheimer's? She seems to be functioning pretty well, except for seeing her dead husband in the mirror thing. I missed the storyline that Caroline became sick and ended up in this hospital and she had a reconciliation of sorts with Victor. Can someone fill me in on that? Thanks.

She went off to Los Angeles with Bo for speshul treatment and Bo was never seen again.

• Love 2

Since BD is still on recurring, they should have Lucas and Sami reunite again.  Lucas can be in Salem for the children, and AS/Sami can make occasional appearances.  I can see Allie, Johnny, and Sydney getting into trouble, and it goes like this:

"Are you going to tell Mom?"

Lucas, "No."

"Are you afraid she'll be angry?"

Lucas, "No, I'm afraid of the scheme your mother and my mother would come up with to fix things."

Whichever direction the Theresa, Kate, Nicole SL goes, it's still more interesting than any SL these three have been in recently.

• Love 5

I think the 9/11 episode came at the right time ND on the right day. Lots of heart to heart talks and the show seemed deeper for some reason. If the mirror incident with Caroline hadn't happened, I wouldn't have thought it waS Days :)

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 1

I much prefer Sami with Rafe than Lucas.  After all with Lucas the side piece would always be in her face since Lucas worships his niece so much.

When Sami's heart was broken Lucas sided with the town side piece instead of the Mother of two of his children.  jmo

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

I just started watching DOOL again. I assume **sidepiece** is Abigail. So I see everyone has found a character they love to bash. Abigail does nothing for me. I just find her vaguely boring and not that interesting. The only thing about her that bothers me is that she is dressing in such unattractive clothing that I think whoever is in the costume department must hate her.

• Love 4

Eve being a villainess would be interesting..We know that Shane has an evil twin Andrew and Eve would be channeling him..I remember when Kim met Andrew and mistook him for Shane.. I wonder whatever happened to him..I remember that he was a double agent that worked for Stefano...

Wait - Shane has an evil twin??   Why do I not remember that story?   I'm wondering if it was during the small amount of time in college that I couldn't watch the show.

Loved the scenes with Eve & Marlena - Kassie is really rocking this story - everytime she cries - I cry.    I do wonder why Theresa hasn't been informed about Paige yet.   

Liked the scenes with Julie, Maggie & Caroline.

FF thru the scenes with Eric - he's getting on my nerves at the moment.

• Love 3

Question: so many people seem to dislike Clyde bc of what he done to Jordan, so my question is why don't these same people dislike Ej and Jennifes husband (forgot his name grr) they both rapped people and they actually rapped people that we care about on screen not some random girl who had a short story line

• Love 1

I like James Scott and James Read.  I do not like the characters they play, EJ and Clyde.

I don't like the way the show handled Sami's rape of Austin either.  It gets referenced only to tell Sami she shouldn't judge other people for what they do instead of in a context of rape is a crime, and all the Days rapists should be in prison.

The way the show handled Kristen's rape of Eric was beyond despicable and offensive.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7

Wait - Shane has an evil twin??   Why do I not remember that story?   I'm wondering if it was during the small amount of time in college that I couldn't watch the show.

Loved the scenes with Eve & Marlena - Kassie is really rocking this story - everytime she cries - I cry.    I do wonder why Theresa hasn't been informed about Paige yet.   

Liked the scenes with Julie, Maggie & Caroline.

FF thru the scenes with Eric - he's getting on my nerves at the moment.

There is Andrew Shawn Donovan IV that is the son of Kim and Shane and there is Andrew Donovan the third. Shane's twin brother, he was also called Drew. Shane's father and grandfather were also named Andrew.  Drew was an ISA agent like Shane, Drew Donovan was first seen in 1988, kidnapping Roman Brady's daughter, Carrie. He was nicknamed Iago, was an assassin that worked for Stefano DiMera. He had eventually killed Ellen Hawk, Stefano's wife and mother of Benjy Hawk.  He was the reason that Benjy became deaf after being in a building that he blew up..Drew is still out there...He can always come back...

• Love 3

Question: so many people seem to dislike Clyde bc of what he done to Jordan, so my question is why don't these same people dislike Ej and Jennifes husband (forgot his name grr) they both rapped people and they actually rapped people that we care about on screen not some random girl who had a short story line

Jack, Jennifer's husband, went through a pretty long rehabilitation process, he accepted responsibility and after that, never deflected blame (especially to his victim), and Kayla was written (and played wonderfully) as having ongoing issues with Jack. For those reasons, I was okay with Jack once he got his act together. I will forever hold EJ's rape of  Sami against him, as well as Sami's of Austin, and so on....mainly because they never had to jump through the hoops that Jack did in order to move on with their lives and the relationship between rapist and victim turned into romance. I'm a little less firm in that stance when it comes to Victor. He's become such a different character that I sometimes forget what he did to Kimberly. When she returned a few months ago, I was happy that they addressed it, and a lot of my old Victor hate has come back. I'd really hoped that Brady would find out, but they seemed to drop that.

I don't hold Clyde's rape of Jordan against him in the same way, simply because, as you said. it happened off camera and to a character I don't care about. I don't like Clyde, but it has everything to do with his hillbilly schtick and the dumbing down of Kate.

(damn. I should be clear that in real life, I hold rapists' actions against them regardless of the circumstances or whether or not I like the victim. I'm only heartless when it comes to fictional characters!)

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 7

Man, but MR and CD really are good actors,  Looking at their faces today while they discussed Clyde. I could see Jennifer and JJ's genuine fear, worry and horror at their realization that Abby's soon to be father in law is a drug dealer and murderer.  Contrast that to KM's Abby just breezing into the DiMera mansion, mentioning that she knows how horrible Stefano is, but there's nary a look of worry or distress.  And even when she was talking about Paige, I saw zero emotion on her face.  Strange.

• Love 8
"Contrast that to KM's Abby just breezing into the DiMera mansion, mentioning that she knows how horrible Stefano is, but there's nary a look of worry or distress.  And even when she was talking about Paige, I saw zero emotion on her face.  Strange."

Hmmmm......  sounds like KM is going on autopilot.  I wonder if she's burning out playing Abigail.  I can't wait to see this episode tomorrow.

By the way, does anyone have any problems viewing DOOL on the NBC website?  It buffers very slowly and sometimes just stop playing altogether.  It's very frustrating.

And she forgot her pants again today.  I don't want to see any pretense anymore that she works.  She has an entire morning to spend tracking down Chad. She sees him once, maybe twice a day!  I'm glad idiot Ben finally said something.  I see nothing in her acting that leads me to believe she loves Ben and feels conflicted.  Nothing.  She does like being petted and spoiled.  Ben agreeing to take the house, is he that stupid?  I wish Jordan kept in contact like we know she would and we could see some internal conflict in Ben too instead of believing everything that comes out of Creepy's mouth. Yes, the rape was not shown but they did show Jordan confronting Clyde with him throwing her around the room and telling her she wanted it. That gives me a pretty good idea what happened, and he was still guilting Jordan over her mother's death.  No doubt he learned how to threaten and intimidate a long time ago.

JJ has possession of the Salem brain today. Thank goodness he is telling people. I loved his scenes with Jen. I wonder what she will tell Abifail and how she will react now that she knows about the Abpp.  She practically told Chad she loves him.  It's time to start breaking up Abenfail.

UO but I like it when Jen dresses bohemian, it's a nice change but it reminded me of Paige's look.  Boy, I has to think for a second to come up with Paige's name.  I also liked Carolyn's tailored look with the sleek black jacket and white turtleneck.  Much better than the weird cream jacket and poofy mint blouse.  Who would wear that to a construction site?

Gazebo: The NBC player buffers for me too and the audio/video get out of sync everytime however it is one of the few sites blocking ads seems to work.  And since it's no longer on Hulu I'm kind of stuck with it. So I watch live most of the time.  Have to get those daily restasis ads you know.

Stephono dead?

OT Great Packers game yesterday :)

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

Man, but MR and CD really are good actors,  Looking at their faces today while they discussed Clyde. I could see Jennifer and JJ's genuine fear, worry and horror at their realization that Abby's soon to be father in law is a drug dealer and murderer.  Contrast that to KM's Abby just breezing into the DiMera mansion, mentioning that she knows how horrible Stefano is, but there's nary a look of worry or distress.  And even when she was talking about Paige, I saw zero emotion on her face.  Strange.

I agree with everything you've written.

And during all the scenes in the Dimera mansion, I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with Abigail.  Her voice?  Her mannerisms?   But there was absolutely no emotion or pain at all when she said Paige's name.   And the way she talks to Stefano, I wish he'd stomp on her.  Or at least give her a good scare.  Course he probably still wants her inheritance, so has to stay on the Abigail is a delight train.

• Love 6

Great episode today, loved JJ finally telling his mom, then Jenn and Clyde meeting for the first time while she looked freaked out, Ben admitting he has been stalking Abby with the app, Chad and Stefano, Abby believing in Chad and having his back. Such a great actual plot moving episode. 

• Love 7

It's ridiculous that Abifail feels comfortable enough to waltz her stupid ass into the Dimeria mansion. Who the hell does she think she is.

Justin needs to have a damn seat. 

Stefano isn't going to die so why should I care about his health problems. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 12

Isn't it kind of irresponsible (not to mention unethical) of the DA to advocate for the murder of a suspect?

I don't believe Stefano would really write off his last remaining child like that.

I can't believe Ben would just accept a house.

JJ doesn't look conspicuous at all running around in a hoodie and dark glasses.

What the hell is Jennifer wearing?  It looks like a monk's robes.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 5

It's ridiculous that Abifail feels comfortable enough to waltz her stupid ass into the Dimeria mansion. Who the hell does she think she is.

Stefano isn't going to die so why should I care about his health problems. 

Abigail knows that she is the Princess Horton.

The way the show handled Kristen's rape of Eric was beyond despicable and offensive.

Yup. Oh I'm so not over that one. Not at all. It made the show look bad, it was OOC for Kristin, it was just a mess.

Seriously! He's acting like he just became assistant manager of the Diary Queen and is drunk with power. Did he tell Adrienne he wanted another chance with her or not? Frankly, I think she's better off without him. What has he done to make up for cheating on her? Nada? Okay then. Bye bye bye!

What they hell is Jennifer wearing?  It looks like a monk's robes.

Jenn's style is all over the place. Look at her creepy sombre house. What color is that? Weird. But I rather liked the monk dress and the dark colors.

How she's managed not to get murdered by this point in the show - serial killer or not - is a mystery to me. And now, she's probably going to end up surviving being engaged to a possible murderer and his murdering/raping father! WHAT THE HECK, SHOW?!? You seriously mean to tell me Clyde wouldn't want to rape Abigail?

...wow that sounds dark, but if Clyde is a rapist with no boundaries, why wouldn't he? And was it ever explained WHY he raped Jordan? Was it because he was attracted to her, or a power thing or to keep her quiet about something?? Never mind. I hate his entire storyline. It makes no sense. And I don't want Abby to be raped, obviously, but if I'm to try and believe Clyde is a real person in any way shape or form, I get the feeling he'd have tried something by now. Or is she too old for him?  (Okay, even darker).

I don't hold Clyde's rape of Jordan against him in the same way, simply because, as you said. it happened off camera and to a character I don't care about. I don't like Clyde, but it has everything to do with his hillbilly schtick and the dumbing down of Kate.

See, the rape is part of it for me. Also, it made no sense Jordan could be a practicing physiotherapist with a fake name who spent her life on the run. So Dumb Jordan professional backstory + Clyde raping his daughter + Dumbing Down of Kate + Hillbilly Schtick + Ben being an idiot + Clyde killing EJ + Sami not getting to figure out Clyde killed EJ and take batting practice upside his head = Total Hatred of his entire storyline. And I object to Clyde murdering EJ simply because he was a dull newcomer by comparison. 

I can't believe Ben would just accept a house.

Ben has been drinking the Kool-Aid for months. Believe it.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

JJ doesn't look conspicuous at all running around in a hoodie and dark glasses.

I had to laugh at that. Let me blend in with the masses by dressing up like the Unabomber.

And not to try to bring logic to the Salem PD, but wouldn't the hotel Chad is staying at have surveillance videos?

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 6
Clyde killing EJ + Sami not getting to figure out Clyde killed EJ and take batting practice upside his head = Total Hatred of his entire storyline. And I object to Clyde murdering EJ simply because he was a dull newcomer by comparison. 

Clyde killed EJ -  I didn't realize that.  I'd just re-started watching again last summer, so didn't really know who EJ was, let alone Clyde, so EJ's murder was a bit of a non-event for me. 

So JJ's idea of stealth mode is lurking around in shades and a hoodie in the middle of broad daylight, cause that's inconspicuous.

Pennywise continues to drain the life force from any scene she is in. It's good that they keep having Boob and Chad tell us how much they love her because based on the character herself, there is nothing I can see that's lovable. If Days is banking on Pennywise being the show's future then they truly have even less of a clue on how to run a show than I initially thought.

Really Chad, yell at your thousand year-old father until he collapses, and then just stand there looking blankly. I know he is supposed to be the villainous epicenter of Days' universe, but those days are so far behind him. I'm surprised Chad didn't accuse Stefano of scooting around Salem and strangling the nubile victims himself. Chad, I have rethought my opinion of you -- You and Pennywise truly deserve one another. In fact, she is just about the worst punishment that can be inflicted upon you.

Poor Justin, you are prime example of what happens to characters when Higley wants to prop up one of her favs. She loves Rafe for reasons known to no one, and in order to make him her shining star, you are being crapped upon. Instead of redeeming Justin, he will continue to be fodder for fan hatred until Higley transitions Rafe into Hope's orbit for her to serve as the latest prop in the effort to make Rafe happen. Having said that, Justin, have all the damn seats in Yankee Stadium, and while you're sitting, find a way to make it up to your wife for cheating on her. From what I understand from posters, you seem not to get that you have done something wrong. Evidently, wisdom had not sought you out with age.

It's sad that Clyde has been made such an irredeemable character. He is truly a fine actor (what's up with the accent?) and he could be the show's new villain, but alas, he is so far over the edge, only death or prison can be in his future.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6