Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Who isn't a cartoon on this show?  Dan is a cartoon doctor, Will is a cartoon journalist...and let's not even get into how bad Marlena and John have become as our beloved leads.

Heck, listening to all the characters exchange stories today plays like lame parody.  This is nearly a Telanovella now.

At least Susan is still alive.....

• Love 1

I'm shocked that so much happened in Villa De Lunacy yesterday. Normally things are dragged out day after day but I was pleasantly surprised it didn't take two to fours weeks for Kristen to go flying out a window.

• Love 3

Speaking solely for myself but that was just one of the worst culminations of a baby theft storyline I have ever seen. Terrible story, terrible sets, dreadful lighting, terrible writing, awful direction. At the end of the day, I really felt little to nothing when Theresa was reunited with her baby. Plus, Mel of all people got to tell her.

There was just so much wrong with this story from go. Every possible beat that could have been missed was. Why the hell have a baby theft story in the first place when the main culprit can't even be on the show during the gestation period. Compare this to the Nicole/Sami babyswitch and you will see how so much emotional resonance is missing. There almost seemed to be nothing at stake in a sense. There almost doesn't feel like much of an investment either way because we haven't seen anyone really bond with the baby either way. We didn't see Kristen get to carry the baby and bond with it that way. Give birth. No near misses. No almost caught. No nothing. The show didn't do Theresa any favors either. They kept being on the cusp of humanizing her but kept pulling her back to be the same golddigging selfish bitch who lashes out damn near unprovoked at everyone and then wonders why everyone's hates her with tears in her eyes. Oh and once in a while she would freak out over a pacifier. Why would I want either one of these women raising a baby? I guess Theresa is the lesser of two evils but is that the way I should be reasoning. Brady feels like a non factor. Then when the show could get the main actress back after the baby has been birthed it is only for a 10 day period?!? Plus those 10 days felt like half of them were a waste of Eileen's talent and time and an actual embarrassment. She did what she could with the material but damn, no one can spin shit into gold. No one. 

The show shouldn't have had all the frigging gun waving and threats of shooting someone imminently when no one is gonna get shot. Seriously, just shoot 'em already Clint and Kristen. It just makes all the bad guys look all the more stupid and inept. The game of musical hostage was just ridiculous. First Melanie is tied to the rocking chair in the hidden nursery. Then in the dungeon with Brady. Theresa is then in the nursery, then moved to the dungeon and tied to Melanie, then moved again to nursery. How the hell resistant to knockout drugs is Theresa anyway? I hope she never needs surgery. They will need every anaesthetic from every hospital within a 5 mile radius to knock her ass out.

This story would have been impossible to save but perhaps having Marlena (and even John) get in on it earlier instead of dicking around with Will would have helped a bit. Marlena showing up on Kristen's doorstep needs some explaining because WAHHHH???? 

Melanie actually laughing, more than once, while tied up in a dungeon was just too damn much. There were times I was cool with her in detective mode earlier on during the story but WOW was she cringey and terrible during the story's culmination. It was like someone forget to tell her that this wasn't an episode of Saved by the Bell and that wasn't Zach she was shackled to and the dude with the gun ain't Screech. Half the time I expected her to utter Shaggy's catchphrase "Zoinks!"

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 13

The Sony emails, the ratings, and the people who are returning that have been placed on contract along with some of the posts on Twitter and Facebook.  It maybe nothing, but at one point Ken Corday was very dismissive of characters like Bo, Steve, Kayla, Justin, etc., and now they all have contracts.  The other theory I have is Sony and the Network have finally wised up and aren't listening to Ken Corday.  However, they are also bringing back Higley as a writer so it could still be the same old same old all over again.

Wait. Peter, Stephen, and Mary Beth all signed contracts?  I knew Wally did a few weeks ago, but . . . the other three, too?

So basically islandgal140 just explained why I don't give a damn that Theresa and Brady got their baby back. I hope they hand him off to Caroline and be done with it. 

STFU Stefano with all your crying and blabbering. Maybe you should take a look at yourself and think about why your kids keep dying. Then kill yourself. 

• Love 6

Brava Islandgal, you have articulated why this baby storyline is an epic fail..I don't understand why Brady and Theresa were given a baby....Theresa is a young schemer, she should be dating different men while causing mayhem in Salem..I have always noticed that Days like to give popular couples children, to give them a lifelong connection and to continue with the next generation, even Wilson got a kid....Brady and Theresa should have been a fling, nothing more and nothing less..I always wanted Brady to have a kid with Chloe....I want Theresa with Chad or Philip..Chad and Theresa would be so pretty together....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Thursday's Recap :)

Marlena/Brady/Theresa/Mel

After Kristen's one way trip out of a window, Theresa is happy to learn the baby is hers. Mel walks but Mandrake grabs her foot. Brady rushes outside to see what happened to Kristen, while in the nursery Theresa kicks Mandrake with Kris in her arms knocking him out again and the two leave the nursery. 

Marlena flashes back to her rivalry with Kristen over the years and thinks that she can't be dead. Theresa, Kris, and Mel arrive in the living room and see the broken window and thought Brady fell out but Mar confirms that it's Kristen not Brady who took the one way trip. Brady comes back and says that it's a 100ft drop into the bay and there's no way she could have survived it, even though he didn't confirm seeing her body.

Brady goes to take care of Mandrake and tells the ladies to not leave until cops arrive. Theresa and Mel confirm to Mar that Kris is Brady & Theresa's child and not the story Kristen spun about babysitting a baby. Brady arrives in the nursery, no Mandrake, and finds a suitcase and opens it up then sees a picture of Kristen holding Kris and then he flashbacks to his relationship with Kristen. Brady closes the suitcase and leaves the nursery.

Mel and Theresa explain the story to Mar, the police arrive and tell the ladies to not move, leave, or touch anything as Kristen died under suspicious circumstances. Theresa tells the story like there is a huge language barrier between her and the Italian cops but the cop assures Theresa he speaks English. Cops are trying to get the story from Mar on where she was standing when Kristen fell over and Mar doesn't exactly know where.

Mel sees Mar's phone on the floor and calls Dan to let him know that she's fine and in Italy and she'll explain when she returns. Cops cannot find Mandrake and that he's on the run and Brady hands the police a file about the baby switch. Brady explains what happened in the castle and police confirm Clint's body. Police don't believe that all the people who are alive are innocent and all the bad guys are gone or dead and that someone like Kristen don't just disappear. Police also says that someone is gonna pay. The cop says that they will need council and shouldn't plan on leaving anytime soon. Theresa hands Kris over to Brady to hold while Mel looks on. 

Stefano

Stefano receives a phone call about Kristen's "death" and is stunned. Stefano tells the person on the phone to do nothing for now and that he'll call him back. He has flashes of his time with Kristen and starts to cry.

Jennifer/Dan

Jennifer arrives home and calls Dan to tell him that she has to cancel her plans with him and he wants to know if it's JJ. She says she got things to do and flashes back to her last conversation with Eve. Dan asks if she's ok when she's flashing back which she says she's fine and that it's Eve and thinks that she shouldn't be over thinking things. Dan wants to know if it has something to do with Eve and what happened between them. 

Jen is on the plane on her phone and flashes back to another convo with Eve and thinks that she may have gotten through to her.

Paige/JJ/Jennifer

JJ arrives at the hotel where Paige waits and they start making out and JJ hopes that everyday can be like this. Paige finishes a text to Daphne letting her know that she won't be home as she doesn't want anyone interrupting them. They kiss but JJ wants to see what his mom, Paige thinks he's joking but realizes that he's not. He is about to text her but seems he receives a text from Jen on her leaving town and he calls Jen and asks her if she's leaving and Jen says that it's more of an overnight trip to help his grandma and that she left food for him in the fridge. He tells her that he won't be home as he's at a hotel and Jen wants to know if Eve knows that they're at a hotel.

Jenn is happy for JJ and Paige and how JJ deserves to be happy. JJ thanks Jen for what Jen did for him and Paige and Paige overhears and wants to know what Jen did for them. 

Daphne/Eve

Daphne is on the phone talking to someone about Paige not being home and how she and JJ are at the Salem in. Eve overhears and talks to Daphne, Daphne hopes that Eve doesn't tell Paige that she was gossiping about her and Eve tells her that she won't. Once Daphne leaves, Eve calls Cole and tells him they have to move forward on removing JJ.

Eve/Rafe

Eve is at the club flashing back to when JJ played music for, she says, "what the hell is that guy doing here?" Rafe asks her if he can help. Eve says the guy who was playing his guitar at the club was awful and rather be a private musician rather than in front of people. She also hates that her drink isn't being filled and yells at the bartender and she wants to speak to the manager which Rafe says he's the manager. Eve is embarrassed and apologizes and Rafe introduces himself. They briefly talk about the guitar player and make some small chit chat which Rafe tells her that he'll go and talk to the guitar player as long as she keeps her business at the club and he says that drinks for Eve are on the house. 

Xander/Serena

They're in bed naked basking in the afterglow but it's just a flashback from Serena who is at The Pub. She has another flashback with Xander and her in bed and says that this will be over soon and wants to know where he is. Serena calls Xander and says they need to meet, Xander says he's going back to the hotel to take a shower and why doesn't she join and Serena asks if he's kidding and he said it's not it hasn't happened before. They chit and chat some more over the phone and agree to meet.

Serena arrives at the park where Xander isn't shown and she calls him and he said plans changed. Serena tells Xander not to mess with her, as things between them go all the way back to Africa and he if plans on ruining her she'll take him with her. She hangs up and stomps off and Nicole appears from behind the wall as she has heard the conversation between them.

Nicole/Xander/Dan

Nicole is in her office flashing back to her last conversation with Dan and walking out on him. She says to herself that he's a jerk and Xander knocks on the door and wants to know if he's interrupting her and she says he's not. Xander wants to make sure he didn't complicate things between her and Dan and he would like to help and sort things out and asks if there is anything he can do. Nicole says she doesn't need his help and he hopes that things work out between them. He says she deserves good things and leavess

Nicole gets another knock at the door which Nicole doesn't have time for but it's Dan with flowers and asks if she'll make time for him which she smiles. He apologizes about the fight as he's sick of fighting about stupid stuff and don't want to do it anymore. They say no more fights and if he can get her out of the office and he says Jen left town since she canceled plans with him and Nicole says she's second choice to him which he fumbles for an answer but Nicole says she's only kidding. They agree to go to the club and give Rafe some business.

After the phone call with Mel, Dan tells Nicole that Mel is in police custody in Italy and how she's with Mandrake, Theresa, Mar, & Brady. When Nicole hears Mandrake's name she goes oh and Dan wants to know what she knows about it. Nicole wants to know why Dan is accusing her and Dan says he's just asking and Nicole says she knows nothing and that Mandrake was a sketchy fertility doctor and Dan said why didn't she tell him and starts to yell at her. Nicole tells him to calm down and he yells at her some more and Nicole has had it, isn't going to fight over it and tells him to take his flowers but thinks better of it and throws the flowers in the trash in front of him and leaves.

Nicole arrives at the club which Dan is there before her. Dan is on the phone leaving a message to either Mel or Brady, Nicole overhears Dan talking about the Italy thing and how Nicole knew and she decided not ton tell him anything about it. Nicole is disgusted by what she hears and leaves the club. Rafe approaches Dan and Dan wants to know if he's seen Nicole and Rafe says no. Dan asks if he has contacts to the FBI which Rafe says he does for life and does Dan need them for Nicole, which Dan says forget Nicole as he has bigger problems than Nicole. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Opinion

Dark Roast is the biggest Asshole ever, just grade A Asshole. The way he yelled at Nicole and basically told Rafe forget about her like she doesn't matter. She has to explain everything to him but he can keep secrets and not tell him anything in regards to Jen.  So damn ridiculous. If writers are trying to make him leading man material or character that we aspire to be, they're failing miserably and get a big F. 

Suddenly Southern is soooo much better when she's communicating with adults. She wouldn't look so bad with Rafe either, but she had to regress and obsess over JJ. Ugh. 

Jacosta you couldn't get through sheer fabric so I highly doubt you would get through to Suddenly Southern. Did she not hear Southern when she told Jacosta that she hates her.

JJ you don't deserve happiness, you're a shit stain. Shame how this character has fallen so hard, just holding this secret in and ready to sex up Lima Bean some more. Disgusting character.

Stephono don't feel bad for you, all your children are stupid morons. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Stephen Nichols, Peter Reckell, Mary Beth Evans, Wally Kurth, and Judi Evans are all on contract now.  So far nothing has been confirmed about Bryan Dattilio/Lucas being back on contract.  Alison Sweeney/Sami is returning for the 50th.

Nicole cut your losses with Danial now.  I'm fine with you shooting him in the head if necessary.

I agree with the other posters about how badly the Kristen stealing Theresa's baby SL was done.

STFU Stefano.  You unleashed Andre on Salem three or four times.  He killed Renee, Benjy, and Lexie.  You are the reason your children are dead.  If Stefano ever tries to go near Johnny or Sydney ever again, Sami better shoot him in the head a million times.

• Love 3

That is some magical castle. First, it is way up on a mountain (when Mel was asking for directions and notably did not speak any Italian - hold that thought). Then it is on the edge of a cliff overlooking the bay. In the magical castle is a magical window. When Theresa looks out of it she sees vineyards and forests, but now it is so thoroughly facing the water that when Kristin falls out of it she goes right down a cliff to her "death" in the water below. And then the magical castle has magically taught Mel Italian to the point that she can hardly even think of the English word for police -- but don't worry folks, her adorable mannerisms have made it through, no matter what language she's speaking!

• Love 7

SO excited that Stephen Nicols is returning. I hope it means reconciliation with Kayla -- I could never buy that Steve just let his Sweetness go without a fight. And it will be great to see Peter Reckell back, too (sorry Daniel Cosgrove). But I need Matt Ashford back as Jack, too, dammit. 

• Love 3

No body, huh?  What a surprise.  Kristen is probably already on a slab next to EJ.

The Xander/Serena in bed flashback had me confused.  I was wondering when they had decided to hop into bed together.

The thought of Rafe and Eve has me saying, "Yes, please."

Daniel thinks he just walks on water, doesn't he? "There are cops in Italy?"  Uh, yes, Daniel, there are cops in Italy.

Cute baby.  I wonder if they're gong to change his name?

Why is Jennifer wearing pajamas on the plane? And what point does having her flying away serve?  Unless it's just to get her out of town while Eve and Cole do their dirty deed.

• Love 3

Does anybody remember way back in the day when there would be 5 or 6 storylines all going at once?  Monday, Wednesday and Friday would be 2 or 3 of them and then Tuesday and Thursday would have the others.  And the characters all actually seemed like they lived in the same town and they knew each other and interacted?  And storylines were more developed?   I miss those days (or Days, ha!).

• Love 10
(edited)

Long day, too tired to post - except THIS.  Daniel Jonas is a worthless asshole and it's just too bad Nicole didn't drive one of her spike heels into that bonehead he calls a brain.

And Shawn Christian CANNOT ACT HIS WAY OUT OF A PAPER BAG.  Topo Gigio would have more believablity as a romantic lead.  

Why does Show INSIST (and yes, I'm cyber-yelling) on making this talentless hack and that other talentless hack, Kate Mansi the romantic leads and keep them onscreen constantly?  

And yeah, isn't it just the height of normalcy for JJ to call his mother before banging Paige to let know mommy know where he's at and who he's doing.   And for said Mommy to congratulate herself on having two kids who tell her everytime they have an orgasm.

Alice would so proud of her family.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

Speaking solely for myself but that was just one of the worst culminations of a baby theft storyline I have ever seen. Terrible story, terrible sets, dreadful lighting, terrible writing, awful direction. At the end of the day, I really felt little to nothing when Theresa was reunited with her baby. Plus, Mel of all people got to tell her.

There was just so much wrong with this story from go. Every possible beat that could have been missed was. Why the hell have a baby theft story in the first place when the main culprit can't even be on the show during the gestation period. Compare this to the Nicole/Sami babyswitch and you will see how so much emotional resonance is missing. There almost seemed to be nothing at stake in a sense. There almost doesn't feel like much of an investment either way because we haven't seen anyone really bond with the baby either way. We didn't see Kristen get to carry the baby and bond with it that way. Give birth. No near misses. No almost caught. No nothing. The show didn't do Theresa any favors either. They kept being on the cusp of humanizing her but kept pulling her back to be the same golddigging selfish bitch who lashes out damn near unprovoked at everyone and then wonders why everyone's hates her with tears in her eyes. Oh and once in a while she would freak out over a pacifier. Why would I want either one of these women raising a baby? I guess Theresa is the lesser of two evils but is that the way I should be reasoning. Brady feels like a non factor. Then when the show could get the main actress back after the baby has been birthed it is only for a 10 day period?!? Plus those 10 days felt like half of them were a waste of Eileen's talent and time and an actual embarrassment. She did what she could with the material but damn, no one can spin shit into gold. No one. 

The show shouldn't have had all the frigging gun waving and threats of shooting someone imminently when no one is gonna get shot. Seriously, just shoot 'em already Clint and Kristen. It just makes all the bad guys look all the more stupid and inept. The game of musical hostage was just ridiculous. First Melanie is tied to the rocking chair in the hidden nursery. Then in the dungeon with Brady. Theresa is then in the nursery, then moved to the dungeon and tied to Melanie, then moved again to nursery. How the hell resistant to knockout drugs is Theresa anyway? I hope she never needs surgery. They will need every anaesthetic from every hospital within a 5 mile radius to knock her ass out.

This story would have been impossible to save but perhaps having Marlena (and even John) get in on it earlier instead of dicking around with Will would have helped a bit. Marlena showing up on Kristen's doorstep needs some explaining because WAHHHH???? 

Melanie actually laughing, more than once, while tied up in a dungeon was just too damn much. There were times I was cool with her in detective mode earlier on during the story but WOW was she cringey and terrible during the story's culmination. It was like someone forget to tell her that this wasn't an episode of Saved by the Bell and that wasn't Zach she was shackled to and the dude with the gun ain't Screech. Half the time I expected her to utter Shaggy's catchphrase "Zoinks!"

I have to quote all this for truth.  Is that QFT?  Whatever the short version is: YES.

It's was almost like ED got canned and they had wrap this whole thing up super fast, but we know that's not the case at all.  Just crappy writing.

They could have had Kristin pop up with the baby in a year's time and it might have been more interesting that this "the baby was premature, but it's a alive and needs bone marrow!" plot that raced past every possible option of making things interesting.

Well said, in any case.  Thanks for writing that.  From your keyboard to the writing team's ears.

• Love 4

Still, I'm glad they didn't drag out the baby because we've all been talking about it.  Dumbass Brady seemed a little more alert with MellyToothy so I have hope he'll come alive for a much smarter Theresa.  Yes, I'm a fan.  The girl's been freaking for months.  Hell if your baby ever stopped nursing before you were ready (6 mos) I can only imagine the hormone upheaval of having an embryo removal.  Anyway...

The Kreepy Kritter on the lap brought back bad memories of her coming on to Eric in the van when he brought her back to town. 

JJ just move the hell out.

• Love 5

Daniel is the absolute worst.  He demands to know every detail of other people's lives (Nicole, Jen, JJ, Eve, etc.), but gets to withhold information whenever it suits him?  Not to mention passing judgement and verbally abusing Nicole every five minutes.  Asshole!  Please, please, please let Nicole kick that orange-skinned creep in the nuts as she kicks him to the curb. 

SO excited that Stephen Nicols is returning. I hope it means reconciliation with Kayla -- I could never buy that Steve just let his Sweetness go without a fight. And it will be great to see Peter Reckell back, too (sorry Daniel Cosgrove). But I need Matt Ashford back as Jack, too, dammit. 

I will also be very happy to have SN back on screen.  As for Daniel Cosgrove, I'd love to see Aiden and Nicole get together.  DC and AZ have great chemistry.

The thought of Rafe and Eve has me saying, "Yes, please."

Co-signing!

• Love 3
(edited)

The last time I saw Kayla happy it was with Aiden.

NO MORE Doc, Sweetness or Fancy Face.  Please, with all the oldies coming back. Once at most.  I blame Jawn.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Anyone know what Joe's ailment is?

Not other than he's 100 or something -- really, though, in his 80s at least, right? 

I'm already feeling bad for Melanie and I'll miss her. I know I'm in the minority but I just get a kick out of her and think she was a refreshing change from the other angsty folks on this show. 

Loved all the flashbacks, which served Eileen very well. She's a beautiful woman who hasn't been marred by plastic surgery over the years. I love her, but not enough to follow her over to Young and the Restless -- my soap quotient is full with Days. 

• Love 5
(edited)

So I'm desperate for a positive in this whole baby story and I think I found one: at least Theresa saved herself. She didn't need a man to come to her rescue. So, umm....yay?  
I also think it was fitting that it was Marlena who "killed" Kristen. 

Yep, that's all I got.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 11

I don't know if we can chalk it up to another day in the life of Salemites, PTSD or in Marlena's case, a combo of all that plus plastic surgery/facial paralyzers, but everyone's reaction in the wake of all the craziness seemed especially muted and sedate. Actually their reactions almost seemed like non-reactions. I thought Theresa seemed especially weird and I think Jen Lilly is a good solid actress  but that is more due to writing than her acting. It just seemed weird that there was just no incredulity, no shock, no wtf, no denial, rage, no real nothing. I just expected a bit more than Melanie telling Theresa this is your baby and Theresa immediately going, 'yeah, okay' with a beatific smile on her face. 

These people are aware that the baby has a medical condition right? I know Kristen told Brady that she needed Theresa's bone marrow for the baby. Even Kristen wouldn't do that for just shits and giggles. Although Brady's face didn't register much when she said that because well ... he is Brady. I am sure Dr. Jesus, even though he isn't a pediatric specialist of any kind, will have Christopher patched up in no time.

100 foot drop off a cliff onto jagged rocks into the ocean? I highly doubt that Kristen met the true death. No body. No death. She needs to be staked, beheaded and burned at high noon vampire style before I believe she is dead. Besides I highly doubt Corday could resist going back to the Kristen/Eileen well since it garners so much chatter.

Why does this show keep subjecting me to Daniel? Why? Those flowers should have been shoved up his behind - thorns and all.  What a nasty, abusive man. Nicole/Daniel almost make me long for Daniel/Jen because at least Nicole would be free of that snotty nose rag. Can't believe he was going off on Nicole about crap his grown ass daughter did. Tired of actually writing tomes about how much he sucks.

Galen isn't the best actor there is but he has such an nice easy chemistry with all the women on the show. I really like his interactions with Hope and especially Eve. I wouldn't mind seeing something jump off with Eve, but somehow I doubt the show will go there because where is the conflict?

Days sure knows how to kill a lady boner. Shirtless Xander was nice, but my interest in him has waned considerably. What the hell did Days do to him? Even his scene with Nicole left me a bit meh. But again, still better than Daniel. 

• Love 10

Have yall noticed stephano is always sitting? I can't remember his name but the guy who played on the Andy Giffen show ( the barber) he had some kind of condition that took his ability to walk, I wonder if this is happening to stephano now? I hope not!!!

I have noticed that, but in the pictures with the actors on instagram, he is always standing up, looking regal.. It could be that the sets are so small now, it is much better to have Joseph sitting than standing up..lol

• Love 2

Thanks for the 411 on Stefano and Joe M.  If they were smart they would write a good two month arc for him and send his character out right instead of stalling until he can't film anymore and then giving us a clipshow of flashbacks...

• Love 5

Chad and Stefano crying and remembering the "good times" with Kristen was laughable. What good times. The Dimeria "family" is a joke.

I wish Chad would have slammed the door in Abifail's face and told the apparently non existent security to remove her from the property.

What was with the Caroline and Will scene? I'm not complaining and maybe she'll be the one to talk some sense into him, but still, her showing up to his apartment seemed pretty random.

• Love 5
(edited)

I missed the first 16 minutes of Days, so sorry.

Stefano/Chad/Victor/Abby

Stefano arrives back home to tell Chad about Kristen. Chad tears up and they talk about Kristen some more. Stefano tells him that he'll hear things about Kristen and to not listen to them to only listen to him while he investigates. They're is a knock at the door which it's Abby who said the butler let her in. Chad doesn't answer the door right away as Abby continues to knock on the door as she wants to be let in. Chad steps out and Abby came over for some reason and asks if he's ok, Chad says he's fine and now is not a good time to talk. She continues to talk and Chad firmly tells her that he's busy. He peeks back in the room to see Stefano gone.

Stefano is back on the plane and receives a phone call from Victor who apologizes to him for his loss which Victor doesn't say anything into the phone. Victor tells him that Brady had nothing to do with it and hangs up. Victor knows that Stefano doesn't grieve and instead gets revenge and calls Xander to come over.

Chad lets her in the room and Abby wants to make sure that the air is clear between them but he's not really listening as his mind is elsewhere and Abby wants Chad to look at her since she's trying to speak to him.

Victor/Dan/Maggie

They're at the mansion wanting to know why Mel and Theresa are in Italy together since they hate each other. 

Marlena/Theresa/Brady/Mel

They're still in Italy and Theresa is getting a little irritated as the cops took the baby to have looked at to see if Kris needs medical attention to validate their story. Brady has to go off to the nursery with another cop to sign some forms. It seems that the baby doesn't need medical attention. Theresa starts to mouth off but Mel stops her as the police arrive with the baby which makes Theresa smile.

Brady signs the forms and wants to know when they're getting their phones back. Brady receives a phone call from Victor which Vic puts Brady on speakerphone for Maggie and Dan and Brady says they're all fine and will explain when they get home. Maggie wants to talk to Mel but Brady says that she's in another room and can't. Vic said that he'll handle their flight for when they return. Maggie and Dan have to leave and so they go. Brady wants to make sure that Vic will keep things quiet which he says he will. After hanging up Vic says having a baby with Theresa is a big mistake. 

Meanwhile Theresa says that she's gonna take care of her baby and that Kris has the best daddy in the world while Mel looks on. Theresa hands the baby to Mar while she goes over to Mel and thanks her for what she's done and how her life is gonna change forever because of Mel. They get the news that they get to go home and that the jet Brady and Mel arrived on isn't working and that they booked them all on a commercial flight and that Mel and Mar will be sitting next to each other while Brady and Theresa will be sitting next to each other. They get on the plane and Mel speaks to Dan and Maggie while Mar got done speaking with Eric and Will. Mel and Mar talk about the baby and how hard this story is gonna be to explain to people and that it couldn't have been done on the phone. 

Theresa and Brady are chatting and Kris starts to cry. Theresa starts to panic doesn't know what to do so Brady asks to hold Kris which Theresa hands him over and Kris stops talking after Brady talks with Kris.

Caroline/Will

Caroline is at The Pub reading a newspaper and reads a headline with Will's name on it, she doesn't look to happy by the headline. She comes over to Will and Sonny's house and wants to know everything. He talks about betraying Sonny and others and how he and Sonny agreed to go to therapy. Caroline says don't just talk about it just do it.

Serena/Xander/Nicole

Serena tells Xander that he's insane and that he's the biggest mistake of her life. She asks him if he's punishing her because she didn't give him the diamonds in time. Xander tells her not to flatter herself. Serena goes to leave but threatens Xander to not hurt her or Eric or else and Xander tells her that she better hopes nothing happens to the diamonds. Serena leaves and is scared and says that she has to get far away from Xander, her and Eric.

Serena is later at TBD on the computer looking for places to run off to with Eric. She thinks Hawaii is a good place to be and she calls someone on the phone and tells them that she'll accept the job in Hawaii. Nicole overhears as she's behind her. Nicole announces her presence and sits down which bothers Serena. They bicker and Serena says that Eric is coming with her and Nicole says like hell he is and that she's not taking him away from Salem. Serena thinks Nicole still has feelings for Eric and obsessed and Nicole says that's not the case and she's doing this because there is something going on.

Nicole/Eric

Eric is in Nicole's office and they chat and he hands her a cute photo of Nicole on the beach. Eric wants to know if everything is ok between her and Dan. Nicole says that they hit a rough patch because they keep things from each other and how she kept something from him about Mel. Eric hopes that they'll get through it and be happy like him and Serena. He says being Serena has helped him bury the hatch with Nicole and let go of all his anger. Eric receives a phone call from Mar and has to take it. They say their goodbyes.

Nicole talks about Serena to herself and after talking about it she needs to go out for some air. 

Eric/Maggie/Dan

Eric arrives at Dan's and they talk about the Italy thing which everyone is still confused. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That recap would have been better if Chrome didn't give me that sad face page where I had to reload lol.

Jar Jar just has to be the center of the fucking universe. Chad told her that it's not a good time now but she just has to keep bothering him and upset because Chad isn't giving her his full attention. Sorry Jar Jar but I think Chad isn't mesmerized by your Eau de Twat fragrance and that hideous fucking you had on. That thing she had on was just beyond FUGLY!!!

Victor better not try to keep Theresa away from her baby, that's none of his business and Brady is the one who shacked up with her.

Caroline you're wasting your time with Sneasel as well if his own grandmother can't get through to him then nobody can not even you.  

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

Doesn't the DiMera staff know that Stefano is in residence?  Why let Abigail just storm in and demand to be admitted?

Someone needs to tell Maggie that she doesn't need to yell into a phone.

Why did Marlena hear from Will and Eric, but not from anybody else in her family?

I was laughing because there was a guy in a seat on the other side of Theresa on the plane, complaining because the baby was crying.  :D

• Love 4

This return of Kristin got me thinking - did Brady and Eric ever mend fences after the rape video at the wedding.

(Good GOD that sounds awful when you actually type it!)

I tried to compile a list of all the things that don't make sense in this Death of Kristin/Castle Confrontation storyline.  There are over 30 entries.  Some of which were already covered here.

I find it gross that impact of Marlena's sudden arrival at the castle and "murder" of Kristin has been ignored...seriously now....

• Love 2
(edited)

Kristen is only dead until somebody decides Plot Point Dimera needs to return to Salem as Cruella deVille, who this time will undoubtedly be making a coat out of a hundred infants.  

I've spent some time in Italy - NO house/castle/train-station bathroom is decorated as badly as Castle Dimera was.  It looked like the lobby of a good hotel in Moscow circa 1955.

Always nice to see Caroline - but for God's sake dig out the whole Brady Pub set and not just that booth.

I like Theresa in mommy mode.  And I can't wait until Ann buys the baby his first leopard print jumper.

I was waiting for Stefano to put "Memories" sung by Streisand on the old record player so he and Chad could weep softly over losing yet one more psycho family member.  Poor Chad, having to mourn all three seconds of memories he had of her.  So, did Stefano slip out a door when Abigail came a-banging, or did he turn into a bat?

I'm glad Stefano seems to have forgotten Benjy's kid exists.  He might end up being the last Dimera descendant standing at this rate.

NIce that asshole Daniel can admit he's an asshole to Eric but can't seem to stop BEING one to Nicole.

Aren't you all glad you never have to talk on the phone to Maggie?  ALL THAT SCREAMING WOULD GET ANNOYING.  Maybe if she'd clean all that excess hairspray out of her ears she wouldn't HAVE TO SCREAM.  Except, of course, when Victor is pleasuring her in bed.....See if any of you can eat with THAT image in your head.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12
(edited)

Friday's show was so boring and bad...This was the the only good thing about the show...I post this for all the Xander fans on here, especially for you Islandgal,

What a man!

CD-EkrMUkAAmCFD.png

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Boes, trying to make me have that mental image was cruel.

Thank you Apprentice.

If the writers were smart, the 50th would result in the end of Stefano for good.

I hope Sami and Abe never let Stefano anywhere near Johnny, Sydney or Theo ever again.

• Love 3

This return of Kristin got me thinking - did Brady and Eric ever mend fences after the rape video at the wedding.

(Good GOD that sounds awful when you actually type it!)

I vaguely recall them finally having a reconciliation sometime last summer.