Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: Week 8: Dynamic Duos

• Start Topic

Not positive that's the title of the episode but seems the most likely based on the official press release:

“Episode 1908″ – “Dancing with the Stars” pays tribute to well-known twosomes, both real and fictional, during “dynamic duo” night MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET). The duo dance styles will include Jazz, Cha Cha, Contemporary and the Rumba. Additionally and for the first time this season, the couple with the highest overall score for the night will be granted immunity from elimination. The duos who do not receive immunity will then compete in a dance-off to earn extra judges’ points in an effort to increase their overall score. At the end of the night, one couple will face elimination.

The “Dynamic Duos” featured will be:

Alfonso Ribeiro & Witney Carson as Batman & Robin
Bethany Mota & Derek Hough as Lucy & Ricky Ricardo
Janel Parrish & Val Chmerkovskiy as Romeo & Juliet
Lea Thompson & Artem Chigvintsev as Bonnie & Clyde
Michael Waltrip & Emma Slater as Jane & Tarzan
Sadie Robertson & Mark Ballas as Adam & Eve
Tommy Chong & Peta Murgatroyd as Johnny & June Cash

So Immunity is back and the dance off between the teams not immune. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't have this last season right? Because I feel like I would remember. 

The Dynamic Duos concept sounds interesting but I can't be the only one totally surprised they gave Mark and Sadie "Adam and Eve", I mean they do know they were naked right? Of course, they're also biblical characters so I guess the producers figure that should appease her parents.

• Love 1

The Dynamic Duos concept sounds interesting but I can't be the only one totally surprised they gave Mark and Sadie "Adam and Eve", I mean they do know they were naked right? Of course, they're also biblical characters so I guess the producers figure that should appease her parents.

Hee, I'm picturing them in dancing shrubbery costumes. 

5ef50b994ace0c057d747255857edad7.jpg

• Love 3

They did the immunity challenge thing in S16.  Kellie Pickler won immunity and everybody else faced off against each other doing either cha cha, jive or rumba.  Of course now that this show is anti-ballroom, they have thrown contemporary and jazz into the mix for the dance off.  

As the contemporary and jazz routines tend to get the highest scores since there are less rules, Janel and Lea have a good shot.  Janel has contemporary so I wouldn't be at all surprised if she winds up with immunity.

Hmmm Mark & Sadie, Adam & Eve, dancing to music sung by Mark's girlfriend BC whose claim to fame is co-writing If I Were A Boy?  Of course I don't know what song she'll actually be singing.

• Love 1

Kellie Pickler won immunity

They also did it in S17 and Amber won.

And who was the pro for both of them? Golly gee. What a surprise they blessed the Golden Boy with more gimmicky points.

• Love 6

IMO they shouldn't do the immunity thing. Yeah, everyone knows that it's not a real competition and they manipulate left, right and center anyway, but you don't have to be that blatant about it. What's wrong with getting everybody into the dance-off? Meh.

Batman and Robin sounds cute. (-: Romeo and Juliet is kind of super obvious for Janel and Val, I don't find that an interesting idea for them. And I'm kinda terrified what Mark will come up with for that Adam and Eve thing...It could be really great and unique, or he goes off the deep end and it'll be a trainwreck. (-;

(edited)
Didn't someone, and I want to say it was Derek, already do a Lucy & Ricky dance? It seems like they had a classic tv theme week or maybe it was when the did dances from different decades.

If my memory is correct I believe it was Pamela Anderson and her Pro who were Lucy and Ricky. So I do think they did a classic tv theme some seasons back but I guess this is different because it's duos from all genres and not limited to classic television.

Edited by truthaboutluv

Good lord, Tarzan? Please don't put Michael in a loin cloth!

So the highest scoring couple from this show will be immune from the vote from the last show? Or will they be immune for this show's vote next week? Or both? Sounds like an attempt to save a producer favorite from a "shocking" elimination.

(edited)
When Searching Google for I love Lucy it shows Cody Linley & Julianne Hough for their Jitterbug but they may not be the only one of course.

Yeah I looked it up and Pam was actually Dolly Parton from the movie 9 to 5. That video was a throwback. I remember Cody Linley and how he cried a lot. It was kind of funny. Derek also looks 12 in that video.

So the highest scoring couple from this show will be immune from the vote from the last show? Or will they be immune for this show's vote next week? Or both? Sounds like an attempt to save a producer favorite from a "shocking" elimination.

They will only be immune from the vote from the last show. So after everyone dances, whoever is at the top of the leader-board is automatically safe. Then the remaining couples will have dance-offs where they win extra points from the judges and those points will be added to last week's votes to eliminate a couple. To make it simpler, just keep in mind that every week, the elimination is based on that week's judges scores and the votes from the previous week. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Thinking "aloud" here.

Week 7 scores/votes have already determined Week 8's elimination.

Week 8 immunity challenge. Highest score of week 8 gets immunity, possibly overriding the result of week 7 scores/votes. The person eliminated on week 8 is either the couple already predetermined to go OR the couple with the 2nd lowest scores/votes.

Of the remaining 6 couples, 3 couples will get bonus points for winning their dance-off.

Week 9 scores/votes from week 8, including the bonus points, will determine the week 9 elimination.

Have I got that right?

*tinfoil hat on* I'm preparing for Janel, who I had pegged as the coming Monday's surprise elimination, to be "awarded" the immunity.

I know most people don't like manipulation.  However, if somebody like Janel or Lea gets immunity because they were in the bottom, and Michael or Tommy leave, then I'm o.k. with it.  I don't want Michael to make it all the way to the finals because he did not do a jive or even dance. 

• Love 2

To make it simpler, just keep in mind that every week, the elimination is based on that week's judges scores and the votes from the previous week. 

I thought this season (and last season) it was last week's judges scores and votes that determined this week's elimination and this week's judges scores would be irrelevant until next week. Thus, this week's elimination is already determined, and immunity is only going to change anything if the doomed couple has any hope of getting the top score. It was only the first season of one-a-week shows that last week's vote and this week's judges scores were combined. 

ETA: And I guess whether the bonus points get added to last week's or this week's scores (or both) will also play a role. Is the dance off a head to head thing, where two couples dance and only one gets the points, or is it the one where everyone dances and couples are eliminated one by one and everyone gets points based on where they ranked? I know they've done both before.

Edited by majormama

I thought Janel and Val were much more compelling as a partnership last week, when they didn't spend even one minute on pretending to have a showmance.  I hope their Romeo and Juliet isn't signalling a return to that particularly tired artifice.  As I mentioned a few episodes ago, far from having some kind of smoldering showmance, Janel and Val seem to be lacking in basic parnership chemistry.  Unless they've done quite a bit of work on it recently, a Romeo and Juliet routine could serve to expose their weak chemistry. 

Adam and Eve?  Oh, Mark, you've really got me worried.  

I can't figure out how Tommy and Peta will dance as Johnny and June Cash (or even why!).    That's a dynamic duo?  Do a lot of this show's demographic even know what June Cash looks like without googling her?  Odd choice.

• Love 1
I can't figure out how Tommy and Peta will dance as Johnny and June Cash (or even why!).    That's a dynamic duo?  Do a lot of this show's demographic even know what June Cash looks like without googling her?  Odd choice.

Hmm, I actually think Johnny Cash fits Tommy very well and honestly, if someone knows who Johnny Cash is, it's likely they know June or at least some version of their story. I also read somewhere they will likely be dancing to Ring of Fire and I actually do think many people know that song. 

• Love 2

*tinfoil hat on* I'm preparing for Janel, who I had pegged as the coming Monday's surprise elimination, to be "awarded" the immunity.

While I could see Janel getting the immunity because she has contemporary (though so does Sadie and Lea has jazz), I don't think Janel was in any danger of going home the week after her PLL dance.   It wasn't the most amazing dance ever, but ABC Family and PLL put a lot of social media promotion into hyping Janel's dance last week to PLL fans.  So I suspect she might have had some extra PLL fans paying attention, mostly because they wanted to see the PLL dance.

I think Lea is more in danger as the surprise elimination as she got decent scores, had a fairly forgettable routine and nobody is looking to save her.  I suspect both Janel's fans and Sadie's fans were pissed about their scores, though more so Sadie's fans, and came out hard.  So I think Lea is probably most in need of that immunity.

While I could see Janel getting the immunity because she has contemporary (though so does Sadie and Lea has jazz), I don't think Janel was in any danger of going home the week after her PLL dance.   It wasn't the most amazing dance ever, but ABC Family and PLL put a lot of social media promotion into hyping Janel's dance last week to PLL fans.  So I suspect she might have had some extra PLL fans paying attention, mostly because they wanted to see the PLL dance.

I think Lea is more in danger as the surprise elimination as she got decent scores, had a fairly forgettable routine and nobody is looking to save her.  I suspect both Janel's fans and Sadie's fans were pissed about their scores, though more so Sadie's fans, and came out hard.  So I think Lea is probably most in need of that immunity.

This makes logical sense to me and I've also been thinking that Lea might be in trouble.  But if nobody is looking to save her, as you say, is she bringing enough to the show that TPTB would be incentivized to save her through an immunity.  I'm leaning more towards immunity going to either Janel or Bethany to try to bring in or retain their youth fans.  Janel would have gotten a boost from PLL's promotion of the PLL dance. I'm not so sure Bethany's fans are all that engaged.  Yes, they love to tweet and instagram msg "ilysm" and "follow me" endlessly but I'm not so sure they're tuning in or watching her dances on youtube during the voting time period and then actually voting.

I'm not so sure Bethany's fans are all that engaged.  Yes, they love to tweet and instagram msg "ilysm" and "follow me" endlessly but I'm not so sure they're tuning in or watching her dances on youtube during the voting time period and then actually voting.

I have a neighbor who is a HUGE Bethany fan (she's 13, I think) and she has never voted for her, so you may be on to something with this.

I think that's likely true for a lot of the fans of the younger celebs though.  The only thing with Bethany is because she's gotten really high scores the last few weeks, her fans might assume she's safe and not vote so hard.  It's easy to get complacent.  Whereas Janel and Sadie's fans might be a little more pissed off since they go not so great/mediocre scores this past week.  On top of that Bethany has yet been made to sweat it out "in jeopardy" whether she is or isn't, whereas both Sadie and Janel have.   But I'm sure Janel has plenty of PLL fans that either don't vote or vote once or twice and call it a day.    Sadie it's harder to say since I don't entirely know where her following comes from.

I also don't necessarily think the show will go out of their way to give Lea immunity, so much as I was just saying out of the top tier of dancers she probably needs it the most.   Another week I would think Janel might need it, particularly if they get another edit like the week before last, but on the heels of last week it's unnecessary.

As it is even with the dance offs, I have no idea who would win in any sort of Lea, Bethany, Janel, and/or Sadie match ups.  They are mostly on equal footing and IMO it greatly depends on dance style and the mood of the judges.  I would like to think Alfonso should be able to beat anyone he's up against and any of the top tier could easily beat Tommy or Mike.

Hmm, I actually think Johnny Cash fits Tommy very well and honestly, if someone knows who Johnny Cash is, it's likely they know June or at least some version of their story. I also read somewhere they will likely be dancing to Ring of Fire and I actually do think many people know that song. 

Maybe Tommy is going to dress up like Adam Lambert

/sarc

I'm not so sure Bethany's fans are all that engaged.  Yes, they love to tweet and instagram msg "ilysm" and "follow me" endlessly but I'm not so sure they're tuning in or watching her dances on youtube during the voting time period and then actually voting.

I havent looked in a few days but the last time I looked at the official DWTS YouTube channel I thought it was interesting that Sadie seems to be garnering a lot more views on there than Bethany who is pretty much known for being a YouTube star with a ton of followers from there.  In fact Sadie and Mark's Samba is the second highest viewed dance of the season so far with well over a million views (no one is touching Alfonso/Witney's Jazz/Carlton which is already looking to be THE most viewed dance of all seasons).  I would have thought Bethany would have easily had the most viewed dances considering her claim to fame. It does make me wonder about the kind of votes she's pulling in.

Sadie seems to get consistently as much as double the YouTube views as any other competitor - with the outlier being the Carlton dance which crushes everything - but Alfonso's other dances haven't racked up nearly as much. I don't know exactly how YouTube views translate into votes, but it's what would make me rather shocked if it doesn't end up in a Sadie/Alfonso final two. 

I havent looked in a few days but the last time I looked at the official DWTS YouTube channel I thought it was interesting that Sadie seems to be garnering a lot more views on there than Bethany who is pretty much known for being a YouTube star with a ton of followers from there.  In fact Sadie and Mark's Samba is the second highest viewed dance of the season so far with well over a million views (no one is touching Alfonso/Witney's Jazz/Carlton which is already looking to be THE most viewed dance of all seasons).  I would have thought Bethany would have easily had the most viewed dances considering her claim to fame. It does make me wonder about the kind of votes she's pulling in.

I don't usually pay much attention to youtube views, but this season, since Bethany's fame is from youtube, I've actually been keeping track of views at the time that voting closes on the idea that her fans probably don't sit through the whole 2 hr show, they just watch her dance and possibly vote.  I assumed Bethany would be slaughtering the competition.   But I've found that Bethany's been averaging 8% to 10% of total views of all the couples' dances at the close of voting. Only week 1 and week 3 did she top 100k views at that point in time.   Also, Alfonso's Carlton dance had only 64k views at the close of voting but shot up to over 3 million by the end of the week. eta:  Sadie's been averaging 51% of total views of all the couples' dances at the close of voting each week and the past 2 weeks she was 78.9% for week 6 and 61.43% for week 7.

(youtube channels tracked: ABCDWTS and BallroomStars1)

Edited by Uke

IMO, there are four factors that help a star go far: reasonable technical ability, good performance, a likable personality, and an inherent voting bloc. The winner ranks high (though not necessarily highest) in all four areas. Someone who is really weak in one or more areas but really strong in another ends up lasting longer than they "should" but doesn't win. It's the ones who are all around average that are in most danger of a "shocking" elimination.

Of the remaining contestants, I think Alfonso and Sadie are strongest. Alfonso has the strongest technique, great performance, seems like a great guy, and has the '90s Fresh Prince nostalgia vote. Sadie has raw, if unpolished, talent, has had strong performances other than the last two weeks when she seemed uncomfortable, seems like a sweetheart, and has the Duck Dynasty vote. Michael and Tommy are the "should be gone but aren't"s, Michael with his insane NASCAR vote and Tommy with his charm and good-for-his-age technique. The ones most in need of help from immunity/bonus points are Lea, Bethany, and Janel. I fully expect one of these three, most likely the true lowest, to get immunity, and the other two (depending on the dance-off format) the most/some bonus points, allowing them to pass Michael or Tommy for the elimination.

Edited by majormama

I wanted to comment on the some of the discussion around Bethany possibly not getting as many votes and definitely not getting as many YT views for her dances. I think what's been interesting about her time on DWTS so far this season is that yes she came in as the "internet" star but she has surprisingly not been using her various social media accounts all that much. Janel tweets and posts way more pictures up on IG than Bethany does.

I wonder if one of the reasons why Bethany hasn't been getting as many views on YT is because she hasn't really used her YT channels to directly invite or point out to her followers her various dances. In fact I think she's only posted maybe 2 videos up on her YT channel since her debut on DWTS. She has been traveling so much doing various promotions, releasing her single, all on top of her dance rehearsal schedule that she seems not to have the bandwidth to engage with her online audience that much. Though I did notice that she has started in the last week or so to try and drum up support on Twitter by following a bunch of fans as well as trying to get #motoughmonday to trend. So maybe she's noticing that she needs to try and ramp up support and votes.

• Love 1

Guarantee Janel and Val won't get immunity, even if they deserve it.  Two weeks in a row with 7's in their dances the judges want them gone. Give them Burlesque so people can make her the bad girl and so must be driven out by God. I've enjoyed this team but it is obvious they are getting the low scores to push them out.  It's unclear if any of the other women could survive  7's in week 6 and 7, so at least they got some support to keep them in.  Len was just a shit giving an open hold V Waltz such a low score, since I just watched Johnathan Roberts, the American Smooth champ from a few years ago do a full VWaltz in open hold.. But then, Len doesn't like this team anyway, so he'll for sure find a way to lowball the contemporary.  He might give an 8 if he's feeling generous. 

I have to snicker at Adam and Eve, are they going to be nude, or wear fig leaves the size of  palm trees?  Love the unsubtle banging over the head about how important the bible is to the Robertsons. Makes me wanna be an atheist. 

Edited by Andiethewestie
  • Love 1

Here are the dances for each couple:

Janel and  Val – Contemporary, Romeo and Juliette
Bethany and Derek – Salsa, Lucy and Ricky Riccardo

Alfonso and Witney – Cha Cha Cha, Batman and Robin

Lea and Artem – Jazz, Bonnie and Clyde

Michael and Emma – Foxtrot, Tarzan and Jane

Tommy and Peta – Paso Doble, Johnny and June Cash

Sadie and Mark – Contemporary, Adam and Eve

Alfonso posted this picture to his Instagram of himself practicing the zipline. 

• Love 2

Just saw a DWTS commercial that said we'd be seeing Dynamic Duos like Adam and Eve, Romeo and Juliet...and the Royal Couple??? Who is that? There doesn't seem to be any of the pairs that could be called a Royal Couple.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Guarantee Janel and Val won't get immunity, even if they deserve it.  Two weeks in a row with 7's in their dances the judges want them gone. Give them Burlesque so people can make her the bad girl and so must be driven out by God. I've enjoyed this team but it is obvious they are getting the low scores to push them out.  It's unclear if any of the other women could survive  7's in week 6 and 7, so at least they got some support to keep them in. 

Janel is in no real danger from low scores this week IMO.  Thanks to the team dance she is one point behind Alfonso on the overall leaderboard.  So she really has no ground to make up with fans as the team dance pretty much did that for her.  Sadie, who also got low scores last week, is in a much worse position as she got low scores and then lost another four points to Janel, Bethany, Lea & Mike thanks to the team dance.  Mind you I think Sadie will be fine as she has a lot of support, but Sadie is in a much worse position on the overall leaderboard than Janel.

I wish they'd stick to ballroom and not keep throwing in "contemporary", "Broadway", "jazz" and other random "styles". One week of only that --dancer's choice-- would be fine but I like to know they are doing standard dances.

I felt bad for Emma after Michael's "jive". It must be frustrating to work so hard and your partner can't remember how you told him to do -any- of the steps. Really, he seems to have tried to remember what to do with his hands and upper body, more or less (though not in time), but seems to have given up on "the feet and legs part."

He also has the least sense of rhythm and musicality of anyone I can remember (not including Master P, but he didn't practice much, so even he might have been better than Michael if he'd actually tried to dance.)  When Michael said he ruined the jive because "I went too fast", I just thought, "Please put Emma out of her misery now!" As we all know, he was so far -behind- the beat that if you were just watching without sound, you would never have matched "Devil" with that dance. (Maybe that's what they should do with him. Let him come out and do what he wants, then have the band try to back it with some kind of music later. It couldn't possibly be any worse.)  My thought is that they won't be able to get rid of him. Hopefully, tonight will prove me wrong, but I doubt it.  Tommy may not be good either, but at least he's graceful, has rhythm, can be very entertaining/sell the dance, and is not painful to watch.

I may turn it off rather than watch him fail at the foxtrot. I don't understand why Michael doesn't seem aware that he is really, really bad.  At this stage, wouldn't you fake an injury so you could bow out gracefully and let other, better, dancers continue? I don't understand what he's thinking (my guess is he feels he's proving he's as good as Bill.)

• Love 2

Janel is in no real danger from low scores this week IMO.  Thanks to the team dance she is one point behind Alfonso on the overall leaderboard.  So she really has no ground to make up with fans as the team dance pretty much did that for her.  Sadie, who also got low scores last week, is in a much worse position as she got low scores and then lost another four points to Janel, Bethany, Lea & Mike thanks to the team dance.  Mind you I think Sadie will be fine as she has a lot of support, but Sadie is in a much worse position on the overall leaderboard than Janel.

Not sure where you're getting your numbers, Janel ended up in fourth place even after the team dance last week, and she's in fourth place overall. That middle range area isn't a good place to be.Sadies in 5th, but with people moaning about the team dance, she'll get the votes in the points she missed.  It's interesting people think Janel is way up in the scores, second place would have been where I would have placed her but the 7's did hurt this team, just as the judges wanted to happen. She's not a judges darling being propped up with high scores like a Sabrina Bryan   At some point continuing to put her down with 7's will push this team off, even with fans voting.  So I have no doubt they'll push her down again. She is the whipping boy this season. A hateful girl who would dare to dance Burlesque in front of Christians, she has no shame!  If she has the Jive or the Rumba against Alfonso she'll lose, just as Elizabeth Burkely lost against Corbin Blue. Val won't put her up against Michael or Tommy. He doesn't roll that way, even if it would be easy points.

Edited by Andiethewestie

Alfonso Ribero & Witney Carson as Batman & Robin

I wish it was Batman & Catwoman. It's not as iconic as Batman & Robin, but if Witney had dressed like Julie Newmar's Catwoman, I think they not only would have pulled it off (which I think they could do anyway), it could have been a subtle shout-out to Gotham, the show co-starring Jada Pinkett Smith, who's also a fan of Alfonso on DWTS and is Will Smith's wife.

Not sure where you're getting your numbers, Janel ended up in fourth place even after the team dance last week, and she's in fourth place overall. That middle range area isn't a good place to be.Sadies in 5th, but with people moaning about the team dance, she'll get the votes in the points she missed.

I realize Janel is in 4th on the leaderboard from last week.  My only point was that it's not a distant 4th.  It matters less the position and more the differential between you and your competitors.  There is only 1 point difference between Alfonso and Janel's overall scores from last week.  She is 3 points behind Lea.  Whereas Sadie is 5 points behind Janel.

The only person who is far ahead of the pack from last week is Bethany, thanks to getting an almost perfect score on top of the additional winning points from the team dance.

Edited by spanana

From what I've read of the dance-off - the highest scoring couple gets immunity.  Then the second-highest couple decides who they want to dance-off against, and the couple they select gets to choose the dance style -cha cha cha, jive or rumba.  Then the next highest-scoring couple gets to pick who they want to dance off against and so on. One place I read said the winner of the dance-off gets an additional 3 points, they thought but weren't entirely sure.  As in previous dance-offs, the couples dance at the same time, and the judges pick the winner.

The last two winners of immunity were both Derek's partners - Amber and Kellie.  They did not do any dance-offs last season.

Edited by LadyMustang65

The truth is Janel has  not been one point behind Alfonso on the over all leader board  The more Janel gets' a 7 the more she's likely to go home.,

Sadie with the non Paso and the losing team,  hasn't had a 7 since week 2 .  

Edited by Andiethewestie

From what I've read of the dance-off - the highest scoring couple gets immunity.  Then the second-highest couple decides who they want to dance-off against, and the couple they select gets to choose the dance style -cha cha cha, jive or rumba.  Then the next highest-scoring couple gets to pick who they want to dance off against and so on. One place I read said the winner of the dance-off gets an additional 3 points, they thought but weren't entirely sure.  As in previous dance-offs, the couples dance at the same time, and the judges pick the winner.

The last two winners of immunity were both Derek's partners - Amber and Kellie.  They did not do any dance-offs last season.

The previous 2 times they did immunity, the one who got immunity did not get bonus points. I saw a discussion of this also and I think they were *wishing* the immune couple would get bonus points to make it more "fair".  If tptb do it the same as the previous times, the dilemma is, do you want immunity? Or do you want bonus points?

Here are the dances for each couple:

Janel and  Val – Contemporary, Romeo and Juliette

Bethany and Derek – Salsa, Lucy and Ricky Riccardo

Alfonso and Witney – Cha Cha Cha, Batman and Robin

Lea and Artem – Jazz, Bonnie and Clyde

Michael and Emma – Foxtrot, Tarzan and Jane

Tommy and Peta – Paso Doble, Johnny and June Cash

Sadie and Mark – Contemporary, Adam and Eve

Alfonso posted this picture to his Instagram of himself practicing the zipline. 

What in the 6th grade school play hell?

I expect by the semi-finals the contestants will be dancing dressed as Your Favorite Public Figure From The State You Were Born In.

• Love 1

Not that I'm complaining since I'm a fan, but when was the last time Alfonso performed in the first half of the show?? He's gone last 3 times and 2nd to last 3 times.

What a shock Janel and Val got immunity *rolls eyes*

Lea lost some points with me for wanting to go against Tommy and actually saying so out loud.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 4

Why did Alfonso get to pick before Sadie?  They were tied tonight.  And poor Sadie never should have picked Golden Boy.  He never loses these kind of things.

I got the impression that ties were broken by overall season standing.  But I wouldn't swear to it.  

Did Lea say she wanted to go against Tommy because Michael was already claimed? (I'm a little behind.)  Because Michael seems like the sure thing if you're picking an opponent here.