Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: Week 8: Dynamic Duos

• Start Topic

I thought Bethany was more convincing as Lucy than Derek was as Ricky.

I did, too, but that whole concept made me think Derek had never seen "I Love Lucy" and had confused it with "The Honeymooners".

I continue to be surprised and impressed by Bethany and Sadie's growth as dancers, but particularly Sadie's, given her age. I hope the DD group will let her continue to pursue it when she's off the show. She really is a natural.

• Love 1

Carrie Ann said in her Parade.com blog that she got negative comments on Facebook from Mark's mom *rolls eyes. I have more respect for those, even the ones I dont like who just take criticism like an adult and learn from your mistakes.

Since Shirley Ballas knows more about ballroom than CAI can ever dream of knowing, I have no problem with this at all.  

• Love 1

Also, the Royal Couple was Henry and Sharna dancing the royal wedding of William and Kate, which I totally didn't recognize.

That's because when most people think of the Royal Couple, they think of beauty, modesty, and class. None of that was present in the song, the costumes, or the choreography of that bumper dance. A classic waltz or a foxtrot or something sure, but a short white dress, a guy in a red jacket, and grinding to club music is never, never, never going to conjure images of any sort of royal couple.

• Love 4

Since Shirley Ballas knows more about ballroom than CAI can ever dream of knowing, I have no problem with this at all.  

While Shirley Ballas can be an astute assessor of dance, she and Corky have proven far too often they are just  biased when it comes to their son. 

Edited by Andiethewestie
  • Love 1

While Shirley Ballas can be an astute assessor of dance, she and Corky have proven far too often they are just  biased when it comes to their son. 

Yeah to this.  I have no doubt Shirley knows a lot more about ballroom than Carrie Ann but in this case I highly doubt Shirley sending her negative feedback on FB has anything to do with her telling her whats right and wrong about her ballroom knowledge.  It just smacks of being bias and unprofessional.

• Love 1

Well, I've looked through Shirley's FB page, Shirley's Fan FB page and Carrie Ann's FB page and I can't find any comment from Shirley to or about Carrie Ann.  I'm not doubting a comment was made, but since no one seems to have found it, I'm guessing it might have been a private message or Shirley had a second thought and deleted it.  So unless I can see the comment Shirley made, it's hard for me to tell if it was a rant or something as mild as her expressing an opinion that a score or comment was unfair. 

Shirley, IMO, has a tendency to meddle in everything regarding Mark and Derek and I wish she'd not do that.  When it comes to bias, though, I see her as far more biased toward Derek. She's extremely hard on Mark.  One of the reasons many Mark fans don't want her put on the show as a permanent or guest judge is because she would nitpick Mark to smithereens.

• Love 2

I wonder whether Carrie Ann's a bit sensitive about Shirley in general, seeing as hers is a name that often comes up when people are talking replacement judges. Now her protégée Julianne has stolen CA's thunder, it must grate at least a little. Personally I thought it was unprofessional from both sides but especially Carrie Ann's. At the end of the day, Shirley doesn't have any standing on the show, she's just Mark's mom and Carrie Ann publicly calling her out indicates that maybe there is some bias going on there. The one thing I can't stand about Carrie Ann's judging is that while Len has the gumption to just say "I didn't like it," CA always has to find some (often imagined) reason for underscoring. Out of all the judges, she's the one that I most often think "huh?" when listening to her critique. I also love the fact that while she's quick to call out other people's personal relationships, she's kept it pretty quiet hat she and Artem used to bone.

I also love the fact that while she's quick to call out other people's personal relationships, she's kept it pretty quiet hat she and Artem used to bone.

True, but it's a family show. It's kind of hard to work that into a critique of Lea's dance. That said, in one of the early weeks, Lea had joked about being a cougar in the package and Carrie Ann said she was one too. Artem's eyebrows almost hit the ceiling and Tom hurried the topic along. They all seemed pretty amused at her slip.

Edited by skittl3862
  • Love 1