Type keyword(s) to search

The Grimm Wishlist: What Should They Do?

iMonrey

I want to see the freakin' Wesen Council.

They have to know that Nick is a 'take care of my city' kind of guy and won't stand for bounty murders in his jurisdiction. This brings up all sorts of natural questions that are wonderfully tense and full of dramatic promise.

a) Has Sean not minded Wesen Council bounty murders before Nick became a Grimm? If not, why is the WC surprised that "their" bounty hunters are being interfered with? If it was ignored/allowed, why doesn't the WC contact Renard in order get Nick to back down/off?  If Renard really doesn't care, will Nick find out and have- again- his question of Grimm or Cop shoved in his face again, some more, this season?

b)Does Juliette now come under the Wesen Council perview , via her hexen-ness? If so, will they use her/ her well-being to try and bring Nick to heel? Will Juliette let them? If ,in not letting the WC use her as a pawn, she breaks some unknown-to-her WC rule, will the WC send a bounty hunter after Juliette with a quickness?

c)If Juliette ends up in trouble with the Wesen Council and they try to harm Juliette, could that get the collect body of hexenbiests to decide to stop this bs?  Or Grimms, if they go after Nick again?

d)If the Wesen Council is having trouble in " The Colonies" ( how I figure they truly think of the US), why not cut their losses and worry about everywhere else in the world?

I sort of hope the the Wesen Council is very much like the Wesenrein--primarily men and invested in keeping the old ways, as it is where there current power is derived. The WC may be slightly more "progressive" with a couple of older white women maybe. Possible a couple of POC,too.  Yet as stuck in their prejudices as the Wesenrein folks. It'll be harder to get a "victory", if at all, because these folks have power and connections in the regular human world and a veneer of respectability.

I still want to see an "Alimony Day" episode, or something like that, where we meet Hank's exes over the course of the episode. If he wasn't married to a wesen, maybe one of his exes is engaged/ married to one?

• Love 2

I want to see the freakin' Wesen Council.

They have to know that Nick is a 'take care of my city' kind of guy and won't stand for bounty murders in his jurisdiction. This brings up all sorts of natural questions that are wonderfully tense and full of dramatic promise.

a) Has Sean not minded Wesen Council bounty murders before Nick became a Grimm? If not, why is the WC surprised that "their" bounty hunters are being interfered with? If it was ignored/allowed, why doesn't the WC contact Renard in order get Nick to back down/off?  If Renard really doesn't care, will Nick find out and have- again- his question of Grimm or Cop shoved in his face again, some more, this season?

b)Does Juliette now come under the Wesen Council perview , via her hexen-ness? If so, will they use her/ her well-being to try and bring Nick to heel? Will Juliette let them? If ,in not letting the WC use her as a pawn, she breaks some unknown-to-her WC rule, will the WC send a bounty hunter after Juliette with a quickness?

c)If Juliette ends up in trouble with the Wesen Council and they try to harm Juliette, could that get the collect body of hexenbiests to decide to stop this bs?  Or Grimms, if they go after Nick again?

d)If the Wesen Council is having trouble in " The Colonies" ( how I figure they truly think of the US), why not cut their losses and worry about everywhere else in the world?

I sort of hope the the Wesen Council is very much like the Wesenrein--primarily men and invested in keeping the old ways, as it is where there current power is derived. The WC may be slightly more "progressive" with a couple of older white women maybe. Possible a couple of POC,too.  Yet as stuck in their prejudices as the Wesenrein folks. It'll be harder to get a "victory", if at all, because these folks have power and connections in the regular human world and a veneer of respectability.

I still want to see an "Alimony Day" episode, or something like that, where we meet Hank's exes over the course of the episode. If he wasn't married to a wesen, maybe one of his exes is engaged/ married to one?

a) Sean Renard facilitated the murders of the two Blutbad bank robbers in Season Two.  I think a lot of the problem was that the manticore was a blatant, showboating moron.  If he'd just shot or stabbed his victims (with a knife, not a tail) there's a good chance Nick and Hank wouldn't have even caught the case. 

b) Hexenbiests are considered to be Wesen so she'd fall under their perview.  They can try to use her against Nick, but let's recall that the last guy to try that got stabbed to death with his own stinger.  Any more bounty hunters coming after Juliette are likely to return home with missing tracheas and exploded heads.  Juliettebiest is pretty fucking lethal.  Besides, the main rule of "Wesen Club" is "don't talk about Wesen Club."  To the annoyance of many on this board, she's doing fine at that.

c) I think the Wesen Council should be more worried about getting in trouble with Juliette lest she take a trip to Vienna and shake their headquarters to rubble with them inside.  Ditto the Royals for that matter.

d) Because their "losses" mean that Wesen are revealed to exist as a separate species in the USA, which will lead to them being revealed everywhere else in the world.  They might be assholes about it, but the Wesen Council are trying to ensure that Wesen don't get exterminated by humanity by keeping their existence a secret.  In that light think about the last few episodes.  It was mentioned that the Wesenrein have some support on the Council.  Then, last episode Nick and company allowed video of that Wesen electric eel in full Woge to show up on the internet.

• Love 2

I'd love to see a bunch of Wessen vogue in front of the general public get the whole thing on TV or something like that. A big fight that brings the entire thing out in the open. See what the reaction is....

That would be interesting but if they did it (and it seems reasonable that it could happen) it would have to happen towards the end of the series.

I personally would like to see them tie up some loose ends.  It's fine to have some longer-term story lines, but starting a story line and then just dropping it gets old quickly.  Here are some things I wish they would clear up, bring back, and/or end.

• The Reapers.  Remember, back in Season 1, where it was said that "they" were just going to keep on sending Reapers to kill Nick and then....we never heard from them again?
  • The coins of Zakynthos.  Last we heard, Kelly "hid" them somewhere (in Croatia?  Slovenia?) and is now occupied raising Diana.
  • What the heck was going on between Adalind and Nick after she had de-Grimmed him.  Remember when she started seeing through his eyes and him through hers?  And then, well, they just dropped that?  This one they could probably work back in and resolve by explaining how Juliette became a hexenbiest.
  • This one may very well be resolved soon, but what about Renard's spontaneous bleeding?  It happened and then it was back to business as usual.  I'm sorry, but if blood started spurting out of me, I'd be at least a little freaked out.
  • What about all that nefarious after hours stuff Renard was involved in during Season 1 (the cage fighting, for example).  Did he give that up when he basically became Nick's Fairy Godfather?
  • What about Nick's non-Grimm uncle?  I know it is a teeny, tiny plot point, but I'd love to meet this guy--even if he just wanders into town and realizes his nephew is as weird and unbalanced as his sisters were.

Other things I'd like to see:

• I think I've said this before, but I'd really like to see them get back to basing their Wesen of the Week storylines on fairy tales.  I'm not talking about every week, but at least a couple of times a season.  As for running out of fairy tales, I don't see any harm in re-using a story and telling it from a different viewpoint.  Cinderella, for example.  When Grimm did it at the end of Season 1, it resulted in a truly crappy episode.  Since there are multiple versions of Cinderella in the Grimm tales (and in other fairy tale collections...let's just say that girl got around in the Fairy Tale world....), why not address it again?
  • Speaking of fairy tales, I'd love to see them take on The Snow Queen.  That ought to give OUaT a run for its money (and, yes, I'm writing this as my daughter watches Frozen....again....)
  • Portland is known for its brew fests...they really need to feature one.  You know, just because....
  • Yes, I'm a local, but I'd like more Portland-ness again.  The first season was almost a love letter to the city and I really miss that.
  • I want to see some Evil Grimms.  They can't all be as "nice" as Nick and I'd like to see him come face to face with the legacy of being a Grimm. Let's face it, the other Grimms on this show have been a young naive (ish) woman, a dying old man, and Kelly.  Kelly is a bit fierce, but I'd still like Nick to see that being a Grimm doesn't make him a good guy.....
  •  
Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 5

I don't do AHS, but I checked the actress out on IMDb. OMG! I want her to be a badass Grimm!  Not as mindless as potentially the others, but not Nick's crunchy-progressive either.

OtterMommy, you hit many of the stories I am more interested in. Like that Uncle.  Like the very dark crap Renard was intimated to be in charge of. ( What exactly did that purification potion do and is he still under any of the effects?) Maybe the priest can hear the double-crossing snake's confession if the snake is found out?

d)If the Wesen Council is having trouble in " The Colonies" ( how I figure they truly think of the US), why not cut their losses and worry about everywhere else in the world?

d) Because their "losses" mean that Wesen are revealed to exist as a separate species in the USA, which will lead to them being revealed everywhere else in the world

The Council not operating in the USA does not mean instant revealing of wesen, which leads to chaos and the wesen masquerade goes down across the globe. I just don't buy that every town with wesen, especially cities like NYC and LA and Chicago, don't like the council coming in, killing criminals and just acting as if it's no big. Like any other  big city, I imagine that there are wesen in the law enforcement community. I just don't know the distribution of Grimms for the US.  I can't see many wesen in US law enforcement happy about cases that they have to clean up.

It may be more like the US Army training a civilian law enforcement arm on how to do the job. Just because England doesn't rule us anymore, it doesn't mean that we don't recognize basic decency and rules and laws. It means those of us here in the US decide what's hard and fast and what's to be done. Not perfect, but it's determined by us, not some other country. Not just because Tradition. It's just too bad that it's a point that will probably not get explored.

<p>

Yes, I'm a local, but I'd like more Portland-ness again. The first season was almost a love letter to the city and I really miss that.

Word to your whole post, OtterMommy, but especially this. I miss the Portland feel (Seattleite here) and the bright HDR camera work when showing the city or woods during a Wesen-of-the-Week episode. It looked so good, and welcoming- while also evoking a fairytale magical ambience. Everything is darker and more washed out now...
  • Love 2

I wish there was more danger to the MotW again. It seems that now all they do is hit the books, hit the spice shop, and triumph over everything in half an hour of screen time. The latest episode (with the fire Wesen) was the most egregious example i.e. even previously unkillable Wesen are easily downed now due to advances in technology/our understanding of how things work. And there is Manticore-killing Juliet too. It might as well be the usual procedural at this point because the Wesen are not more difficult to subdue than normal humans would be.

• Love 1

I really like Claire Coffee as an actress (and, of screen, she seems like a hoot), but it is time for Adalind to go.  I can't see anyway the writer's can sustain her character without going even deeper into the the pit of ridiculousness.  I just hope that the producers of some other show give Ms. Coffee an offer she can't refuse.

I like the idea of a long-term villain, but I don't relish the thought of an indefinite or permanent villain.

• Love 4

I sure hope Nick writes down whatever the green solution was to go with the SuperSoakers, so the next Grimm to get the Grimmebago Library will know what to do when Incendiario or whatever the hell his name was shows up.

What is the Chinese translation for "SuperSoakers" anyhow?

"Portland is known for its brew fests...they really need to feature one.  You know, just because....
-Yes, I'm a local, but I'd like more Portland-ness again.  The first season was almost a love letter to the city and I really miss that.
-I want to see some Evil Grimms."

Yes, I think they should take something like the Occupy Portland encampment which set up in the downtown parks in 2012. It became a headache for city hall, but they couldn't just suppress it and violate their free-speech rights. In fact, the real police chief used amazing strategy to evict campers with almost no violence or disorder by finding services for some of the homeless. Then they set a 10pm deadline, and thousands of people showed up to watch the spectacle, but the police department retreated and gave them a symbolic victory, and then quietly took the park back the next day. Anyway, they could create a character with charisma, but who secretly undermines the political movement, e.g..

Renard could co-opt several participants and turn them into informants.

Renard's too busy playing Game of Thrones to care about Occupy.  Figure as long as they're not burning stuff down or actively stepping on his toes, he couldn't care less about them.

I do agree about evil, or at least traditional, Grimms.  I want a team of old-style "chop off their heads, burn the bodies and piss on the ashes" Grimms to come storming into Portland.

In that same vein, I want them to kick up the threat level a little more.  Right now "Team Grimm" consists of a fairly experienced Grimm, two cops, A Blutbad, a Fuchsbau apothecary, an influential half Royal, half Zauerbiest and a new, very powerful hexenbiest.  Some creepy Wesen dude doing creepy Wesen things just really isn't going to cut it anymore.

• Love 2

There is a collection of newly discovered, and much darker, Fairy Tales out:

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/21/down_and_dirty_fairy_tales_how_this_rediscovered_stash_of_darker_than_grimm_stories_destroys_our_prince_charming_myths/?utm_source=Publishers+Weekly&utm_campaign=cdcaaeab7a-UA-15906914-1&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0bb2959cbb-cdcaaeab7a-305153025

I'm very interested in reading this....and I hope that the writers/producers of Grimm read them as well....it looks like we might have an enitrely new batch of Wesen coming on the scene....

• Love 2

There is a collection of newly discovered, and much darker, Fairy Tales out:

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/21/down_and_dirty_fairy_tales_how_this_rediscovered_stash_of_darker_than_grimm_stories_destroys_our_prince_charming_myths/?utm_source=Publishers+Weekly&utm_campaign=cdcaaeab7a-UA-15906914-1&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0bb2959cbb-cdcaaeab7a-305153025

I'm very interested in reading this....and I hope that the writers/producers of Grimm read them as well....it looks like we might have an enitrely new batch of Wesen coming on the scene....

Okay, that sounds awesome. 

On another note is anybody else  amazed that people are now discovering/rediscovering long lost written material from famous authors? First, was Harper Lee, then I heard about Laurel Engles, then it was Sir Author Conan Doyle, and now this!

• Love 3

We are blessed to live in interesting times! 

I want an episode that takes place in a completely different time and place, and is about the life of a Grimm from the past. Like, a Grimm in ancient Rome, or Egypt, or during the Punic Wars or something. Or a Victorian era Grimm, or one operating in the Civil War, or any important, historical event. We hear about how Grimm`s and Wessen have been influencing history for pretty much ever, lets see some of it! 

• Love 3

I like the idea of that but the execution of it on the show would be a problem.  Figure there's basically three ways to do it.  One is backdoor pilot with Nick and Juliette snuggle on a couch reading Grimm history and we see one of the adventure of Boloman Sane, Grimm hexenbiest hunter or somesuch with the idea that this would be a past setting spinnoff.  Another way would be to do brief flashbacks acting out scenes that Nick or whoever is reading in the book.  Finally, they could do the thing Walker, Texas Ranger did and just have all cast members take on different roles in a story set in the past.  In a Wild West Nick could be a wandering Grimmslinger, Renard would be the evil cattle baron/mayor, Rosalee could be the schoolmarm.  Juliette and Adalind could be rival saloon girls.  Like that.

For me, all those scenarios have probablems.  I'd be far more interested in a spinoff with Trubel than in one for "some dude in the past."  The flashbacks would probably take time away from the main cast, which is already a little starved for time from including eight people in it.  Meanwhile, the same actors different characters thing almost always comes off kind of stupid.

• Love 1

For me, all those scenarios have probablems.  I'd be far more interested in a spinoff with Trubel than in one for "some dude in the past."  The flashbacks would probably take time away from the main cast, which is already a little starved for time from including eight people in it.  Meanwhile, the same actors different characters thing almost always comes off kind of stupid.

I agree with this 100%.  While it would be nice to know some of the history of the Grimms, I feel like that would be a better subject for the novels which, so far, have just read like extra episodes.

I've only read The Icy Touch Grimm novel.  I didn't really like it that much.  I mean the plot of it was okay, but the characterization felt kind of off and I couldn't place it into the Grimm timeline in a way that made sense.  The book really felt like something that might have happened early in a Season Two where Juliette woke from her coma with no obsession or memory loss and was immediately told about Grimms and Wesen at that point.  As it stands for the book to have taken place in the show's canon, it would need to somehow occur during Episodes 21 and 22 of Season 2.

As it stands, The Icy Touch feels like something out of Fringe, a story that takes place in a universe that has a Nick, Hank, Renard, Juliette, etc but not our versions of those characters.

I like the idea of that but the execution of it on the show would be a problem.  Figure there's basically three ways to do it.  One is backdoor pilot with Nick and Juliette snuggle on a couch reading Grimm history and we see one of the adventure of Boloman Sane, Grimm hexenbiest hunter or somesuch with the idea that this would be a past setting spinnoff.  Another way would be to do brief flashbacks acting out scenes that Nick or whoever is reading in the book.  Finally, they could do the thing Walker, Texas Ranger did and just have all cast members take on different roles in a story set in the past.  In a Wild West Nick could be a wandering Grimmslinger, Renard would be the evil cattle baron/mayor, Rosalee could be the schoolmarm.  Juliette and Adalind could be rival saloon girls.  Like that.

I understand what you are saying, about there being potential problems,  but maybe a break from the regular storylines (and an excuse to use the story to explain some very important information, like how/why the Royals are so powerful over the Wesen, what is a Grimm exactly, and finally more coins and keys) might be a good idea. For that to work, structurally, in the season arches, it might have to be done early on in a season (with the past season's issues resolve) or closer to the end (and again, the season's issues would have to be resolved because this will probably be a throwaway/standalone episode)

As with using the same actors but having them play characters from the past, Star Trek also did that, but the actors were supposed be playing an ancestor of the character that lived in 22-24th centuries (to some varying degree of success, btw).  

Edited by TVSpectator

I've only read The Icy Touch Grimm novel.  I didn't really like it that much.  I mean the plot of it was okay, but the characterization felt kind of off and I couldn't place it into the Grimm timeline in a way that made sense.  The book really felt like something that might have happened early in a Season Two where Juliette woke from her coma with no obsession or memory loss and was immediately told about Grimms and Wesen at that point.  As it stands for the book to have taken place in the show's canon, it would need to somehow occur during Episodes 21 and 22 of Season 2.

As it stands, The Icy Touch feels like something out of Fringe, a story that takes place in a universe that has a Nick, Hank, Renard, Juliette, etc but not our versions of those characters.

I didn't read The Icy Touch, simply because every review I read of it said it seemed like the author had never watched the show.  I did read The Chopping Block (which actually DOES take place between episodes 21 and 22 of season 2) and it was good for what it was--it read like an episode, only with a subject that would NEVER be shown on network TV.  The author couldn't write women (Juliette and Rosalee) to save his life--but, hey, I sometimes feel that about the writers of the show.  He did get the other major characters (Nick, Hank, Monroe, etc) down spot on, though.  Otherwise, it was just like a bonus episode of the show.

I did hear that the 3rd book (all 3 are written by different authors) was the best so far and I am planning on reading it soon.  All that being said, I think if the powers that be wanted to do deeper exploration of the history of Grimms and Wesen, the novels would probably be a better avenue.  I think an episode set in the past would just be a mess, and having characters talk in depth about "the good old days" just gets old quickly.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

Totally understand. It could go pretty wrong, and it would suck to have a whole episode without our main characters, about some random Grimm. I just feel like there is so much more in their world to explore, and so much more back story to look into. It would be great if they could incorporate it into an actual story with our characters. 

Like, they have to track an ancient Grimm artifact, and they have flashbacks to different Grimm`s who have owned it throughout history, and every time Nick touches it. I don't know, might just be the history geek in me!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

I would agree with what you said.  I would also be more interested in a spinoff with Truble and/or Josh.  Some Past Grimm Dude might make for a good web series or something.

Another solution would be some sort of immortal character (something non-Wesen like La Llorona or the Vulcanalis) with flashbacks to their lives over the centuries.  There are all sorts of immortal characters in folklore they could use (the Wandering Jew, the Ewich Yeeger, the Chiranjivi, Nicholas Flamel, etc.)

Edited by Lugal
  • Love 2

I would agree with what you said.  I would also be more interested in a spinoff with Truble and/or Josh.  Some Past Grimm Dude might make for a good web series or something.

Another solution would be some sort of immortal character (something non-Wesen like La Llorona or the Vulcanalis) with flashbacks to their lives over the centuries.  There are all sorts of immortal characters in folklore they could use (the Wandering Jew, the Ewich Yeeger, the Chiranjivi, Nicholas Flamel, etc.)

There's already a potential mechanism for that in the with the character of Henrietta.  Henrietta's a powerful hexenbiest and hexenbiests clearly have a far longer lifespan (aside from Grimms or ruthless gypsies intervening) than most humans or Wesen.   There's probably a few flashbacks to be had there.  That said, I'd prefer them to be few and relatively far between.  I'm more interested in see Nick and co. deal with stuff in the now.

In terms of wishlist, I want some human villains.  Maybe a serial killer who knows about and mimics Wesen.  One of the best, creepiest villains from the X-Files appeared in the 13th episode of Season Two: Donnie Pfaster, as played by Nick Chinlund.  That character wasn't a vampire, werewolf, alien or psychic supervillain, but damn did he ever deliver the nightmare fuel. 

I get it.  The show is Griimm and the Grimm's main reason is dealing with evil/harmful Wesen.  Still, I can't help but recall an exchange between Nick or Hank and Wu during Tribunal a few weeks ago, which I'll paraphrase below:

Nick/Hank: Remember what I/Nick said about Wesen.

Wu: Yeah.  They're not all bad.

Now, put almost any other descriptor in place of "Wesen" (like, say, "black people,"  "Asians," "Jews," "Muslims,") etc.and roll that around in your head for a little bit.

I don't know, I guess I'd kind of like to see Nick and Hank rise to the level of Agent Kay from "Men in Black."

Nick/Hank (Kay): All right, Wu(kid), here's the deal. At any given time there are a bunch of (approximately 1500) Wesen (aliens) on the planet, most of them right here in (Manhattan) Portland. And most of them are decent enough, they're just trying to make a living.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
(edited)

I didn't read The Icy Touch, simply because every review I read of it said it seemed like the author had never watched the show.  I did read The Chopping Block (which actually DOES take place between episodes 21 and 22 of season 2) and it was good for what it was--it read like an episode, only with a subject that would NEVER be shown on network TV.  The author couldn't write women (Juliette and Rosalee) to save his life--but, hey, I sometimes feel that about the writers of the show.  He did get the other major characters (Nick, Hank, Monroe, etc) down spot on, though.  Otherwise, it was just like a bonus episode of the show.

I did hear that the 3rd book (all 3 are written by different authors) was the best so far and I am planning on reading it soon.  All that being said, I think if the powers that be wanted to do deeper exploration of the history of Grimms and Wesen, the novels would probably be a better avenue.  I think an episode set in the past would just be a mess, and having characters talk in depth about "the good old days" just gets old quickly.

Oh yes I did...I quoted my own post...but anyway...

I actually just finished the 3rd book "The Icy Touch" (I was planning to wait until this summer to read it, but apparently 5 weeks is like summer for me).  And, well, I have to say it is definitely the best so far.

In fact, it would be a fantastic episode and I guess that is my wish list item here--that they use this plot in an episode.  There is a problem with Juliette being a hexenbiest and how this story develops--and a rather cheesy ending to it all, which could be easily changed, but this book had a nice, brisk-moving plot and a very interesting new Wesen. Plus, the author did a pretty good job of staying true to the characters of the show.  There was a lot of "back story" explanantion which I found annoying--I understand why the author may have been asked to include it as someone who had never seen the show might be a little lost without it.  On the other hand, I can't imagine anyone reading these books who doesn't watch the show.

Unfortunately, the FX needs might be too expensive to make it.  Sigh...I guess I can just tell you all to read the book to tide you over until Grimm comes back!

Edited by SilverStormm
Tagged book talk, this is a spoiler free topic.

I'd like to learn more about Nick's father. All we know about him is that he wasn't a Grimm and the family lived in upstate New York. I'd also like to see Nick be happy for five minutes. He's had a tough time since learning he's Grimm. I don't want Nick and Juliette to break up. It's obvious he loves her and I don't want to see Nick date the Girl of the Week and struggle to reveal his secret every week.

• Love 1

I'd like to learn more about Nick's father. All we know about him is that he wasn't a Grimm and the family lived in upstate New York. I'd also like to see Nick be happy for five minutes. He's had a tough time since learning he's Grimm. I don't want Nick and Juliette to break up. It's obvious he loves her and I don't want to see Nick date the Girl of the Week and struggle to reveal his secret every week.

I think it is assumed that Nick's father wasn't a Grimm, but have we ever actually been told that?  (For the record, I don't think he was).  If he wasn;t a Grimm, did he know that Kelly was?

I do think there was probably more to his death than Kelly has let on.  Why would she send her husband and friend off together?  Yes, she said it was to try to get them away from the people going after them, but that sounds a little too convenient for me. Or, maybe my imagination is just running off...

I don't think that Nick and Juliette will permanently break up, although I'm sure there will be some conflict around the whole hexenbiest thing.  But as for permanently breaking up the couple?  I would be shocked if that happened.

(edited)

I'd like to see a semi-inversion of the "The Chopping Block" with the idea of Fuchsbaus are disappearing for Portland because a bunch of sick, evil rich human guys with Hundjager servants are using them in twisted version of a "Fox Hunt."

I did buy and like the third nook, "The Killing Time" the best by far.  Damn, Juliette is a total boss in that one.  While I don't think it'll be adapted into an episode, the book left a pretty clear opening for a sequel.

As for the first book, "The Icy Touch," it reads like someone described Grimm to somebody else who then described it to John Shirley.

Edited by SilverStormm
Tagged book talk, this is a spoiler free topic
  • Love 1

Baba Yaga as another super-hexenbiest.  I'll put up with any amount of angst if it leads to a nine foot tall iron-toothed witch monster tearing up downtown Portland in her magic hut with the giant chicken legs.

• Love 2

Baba Yaga as another super-hexenbiest.  I'll put up with any amount of angst if it leads to a nine foot tall iron-toothed witch monster tearing up downtown Portland in her magic hut with the giant chicken legs.

Baba Yaga can live here (and we can have a storyline that Juliette, Nick, Wu, and Hank all get lost in the woods and just happen to find Baba Yaga's house):

57ab87c9a5a3366dc79972413c963062.jpg

• Love 2

If I can't have Baba Yaga on Once Upon A Time, Grimm will totally work!

Her house is wondrous and creepy and chicken. Good stuff!

I would like the Melifers return. There are all kinds of things going on IRL, so it could be not just a case of the week, but also tied in with the neverending story of the royals. Maybe.

• Love 1

If I can't have Baba Yaga on Once Upon A Time, Grimm will totally work!

Her house is wondrous and creepy and chicken. Good stuff!

I would like the Melifers return. There are all kinds of things going on IRL, so it could be not just a case of the week, but also tied in with the neverending story of the royals. Maybe.

Yes, I so want the Mellifers to come back and it would be interesting to see how they would treat Nick since he didn't really protect their queen and allowed her to die (and also protecting a Hexenbiest).

• Love 1

I've thought about what exactly I would want them to do at the end of this season.

Have Kenneth be some sort of wesen (doesn't matter which). He kills Adalind and Juliette because he doesn't like Hexen's, or they challenge him.  Nick after talking to Kelly desides best action is to kill him. Which he does, in a scene probably in the woods and has little to no dialog. The season ends with him walking off badass and grimm like with some sort of dark awesome music.

I hope that Juliette choses to be an unconventional hexenbiest, like Nick is an unconventional Grimm, and they decide to stay together and periodically work on cases together, like before.  That once in a while, over dinner, Nick will ask how training with Henrietta* is going and she shows a nifty thing off. Nick looks thoughtful, obviously adding it to his mental Rolodex of Things My Friends and Family Can Do.

I want to see Renard realize part of the reason for his illusions is the purity potion and his mom's magicks have had a bad drug interaction ( even though the purity goop is just trace in his system). He and Henrietta find a way to fix that and Renard becomes the charcoal gray character we loved in Season 1. He still appreciates Nick, Hank and Wu, but becomes less palsee-walsee with them.

I want Adalind to enigmatically speak Japanese into a phone at the airport and walk off to her flight.

Monroe finds peace with his clocks again. Rosalee is doing an inventory, finds an old picture of her family and we stay with Rosalee untilwe hear a pick-up and Rosalee says, "Mom? I just wanted to call..."  Hank is on a date.  

Wu is coming up on a scene with Sgt. Franco. Wu gets a worried look on his face and grabs his phone. Nick answers, with Juliette at the dinner table, and asks what's up. We are back with Wu, as he answers " We've got trouble, Nick" and we see beyond Wu to a car accident with Teresa and Josh.

A title card comes up: Tengan un buen verano! ( Have a good summer!)

*Or whoever ends up being a non-antagonistic teacher for Juliette if she is allowed to stay a hexenbiest.

Edited by Actionmage

Well, what I'd really like them to do is go back in time and do this season over.

But, given with what we have to deal with now, here is what I think will happen...

• Juliette will ally herself with Kenneth for some bizarre reason to bring Kelly back into the picture.
  • Adalind will try and ally herself with Nick (?!?)
  • Something will happen to make Nick make the jump from cop/Grimm to just plain old Grimm. 

I have a few more thoughts, but they involve a spoiler, so I'll go post it over there.

One of the best, creepiest villains from the X-Files appeared in the 13th episode of Season Two: Donnie Pfaster, as played by Nick Chinlund. That character wasn't a vampire, werewolf, alien or psychic supervillain, but damn did he ever deliver the nightmare fuel.

I thought Donnie Pfaster was a demon. I recall a couple of shots where he looked like one.
  • Love 1

Another thing I would like to see...

A better ratio of episodes with new Wesen versus ones with crimes involving Wesen we've already met.  I would prefer something like 1 episode with a new Wesen to about 4 with existing Wesen.  Let us get to know the creatures that have already been introduced instead of just throwing more at us!

• Love 4

There's already a potential mechanism for that in the with the character of Henrietta.  Henrietta's a powerful hexenbiest and hexenbiests clearly have a far longer lifespan (aside from Grimms or ruthless gypsies intervening) than most humans or Wesen.   There's probably a few flashbacks to be had there.  That said, I'd prefer them to be few and relatively far between.  I'm more interested in see Nick and co. deal with stuff in the now.

In terms of wishlist, I want some human villains.  Maybe a serial killer who knows about and mimics Wesen.  One of the best, creepiest villains from the X-Files appeared in the 13th episode of Season Two: Donnie Pfaster, as played by Nick Chinlund.  That character wasn't a vampire, werewolf, alien or psychic supervillain, but damn did he ever deliver the nightmare fuel. 

I get it.  The show is Griimm and the Grimm's main reason is dealing with evil/harmful Wesen.  Still, I can't help but recall an exchange between Nick or Hank and Wu during Tribunal a few weeks ago, which I'll paraphrase below:

Nick/Hank: Remember what I/Nick said about Wesen.

Wu: Yeah.  They're not all bad.

Now, put almost any other descriptor in place of "Wesen" (like, say, "black people,"  "Asians," "Jews," "Muslims,") etc.and roll that around in your head for a little bit.

I don't know, I guess I'd kind of like to see Nick and Hank rise to the level of Agent Kay from "Men in Black."

Nick/Hank (Kay): All right, Wu(kid), here's the deal. At any given time there are a bunch of (approximately 1500) Wesen (aliens) on the planet, most of them right here in (Manhattan) Portland. And most of them are decent enough, they're just trying to make a living.

I really like the idea in bold print.  There are some very scary humans who have no special power except they are sociopaths.   They are the true big bads.

Also would like it if the wesen were tying to fool Nick and cops and committed some crimes that were mundane or nothing special to through off Nick and company.

• Love 1

I really like the idea in bold print.  There are some very scary humans who have no special power except they are sociopaths.   They are the true big bads.

Yes, like the three from the most recent episode.  Nasty pieces of work who gang up on a father with his son in the vehicle, purely out of hate.  Justice was done but not so that the world at large knows about it, but justice nonetheless.  With a huge price to pay from the son and the deputy.  I find this more interesting, these big bads, than the monster wesen.  There should at least be a mix, and more input from non-criminal wesen.  Then we could see more of the "normal" side to them. 

• Love 1

Maybe Juliette will kill Adalind and/or the baby right before she is somehow de-hexened or hexen-suppressed by Rosalie.  And even though she is now "Juliette" again, she will feel so bad about what she's done and become that she leaves.  Or at least leave Nick and the Grimm world.   Of course, I'm not really for killing a baby, but I also don't want a baby to be part of the show.  Maybe there can be some sort of magic hocus-pocus that makes it a false pregnancy or something.

• Love 1

Maybe Juliette will kill Adalind and/or the baby right before she is somehow de-hexened or hexen-suppressed by Rosalie.  And even though she is now "Juliette" again, she will feel so bad about what she's done and become that she leaves.  Or at least leave Nick and the Grimm world.   Of course, I'm not really for killing a baby, but I also don't want a baby to be part of the show.  Maybe there can be some sort of magic hocus-pocus that makes it a false pregnancy or something.

I can get behind this idea of a "false" pregnancy.  Something along the lines of since it was created out of a weird spell, when that spell is neutralized or whatever Rosalee might come up with, then it never happened and it kind of poofs.  Not really an abortion, not really a killing, just a reversal.  Because no more babies from Adalind, it's just ridiculous. 

Even if Juliette becomes Juliette again, I don't see how she and Nick ever get past all that's happened, not this time.  The trailer burning was just the worst.  Even if he could forgive it, how could she forgive herself and have peace about it?  If she's not dead, I think they're splitsville and she will have to leave town and exit the show. 

• Love 2

I can get behind this idea of a "false" pregnancy.  Something along the lines of since it was created out of a weird spell, when that spell is neutralized or whatever Rosalee might come up with, then it never happened and it kind of poofs.  Not really an abortion, not really a killing, just a reversal.  Because no more babies from Adalind, it's just ridiculous. 

Even if Juliette becomes Juliette again, I don't see how she and Nick ever get past all that's happened, not this time.  The trailer burning was just the worst.  Even if he could forgive it, how could she forgive herself and have peace about it?  If she's not dead, I think they're splitsville and she will have to leave town and exit the show. 

Yeah...this was one (of many, many, many) steps too far.  I can't see Nick ever getting over this one, and I'm sure she'll give him much more to not get over in the next 3 episodes.

As for her leaving the show--I've liked Juliette and I like Bitsie Tulloch, but--at this point--I would be more than happy to see her leave.  I would be shocked beyond belief, though, if that actually happened.  Let's face it, she at DG are a couple, he's the heart of the show, and I saw on IG/Twitter that they got a house in PDX (as opposed from the apartment the show has supplied for them), so they're not going anywhere.

Renard wakes up beside Adalind, the morning of Monroe and Rosalee's wedding.  He calls Nick and tells him to stay with Juliette all day, to never leave her side, especially in public. Sean then proceeds to "acquiesce" to Adalind's wishes to find Diana, stating that he's changed his mind and he knows where he can get a line on Kelly. They take off to a private airfield, where Meisner takes Adalind's hand. Looking to Renard, Sean tells Adalind, " I have some paperwork to finish in order for my sabbatical to be legit.  They'll keep you safe until I can meet up with you."

After the plane takes off, Renard turns and promptly kills Agent Steward. He is only shot once, under his ribs ( so shirt off when redressing-- I respect the chest-love!), but otherwise unhurt. 

Nick is safe from unsafe, shape-change sex, as is Juliette. Teresa isn't looked at for murdering a federal agent. Monroe and Rosalee still get married, but have a normal honeymoon. Except for that one day when they help a local and a tourist who've fallen into a spot of trouble. ( See? One-off coolness, spotlighting the fun couple and world-building!) He never intended to leave his position of power, as he has Nick and other sources at his disposal in Portland. The captain seems to be reverting back to Season 1-style Renard.

Once the newlyweds come home, there is a welcome home dinner at Chez Grimm. Juliette made vegetarian, and Hank finds that a dish doesn't agree with him, even though he's indifferent to it. As Wu needs to use the officer's head, he's directed to the other bathroom. Being nosy, he finds Nick's books on Teresa's bed ( she is out on a combo patrol/ movie night.)  Not sure if they should come clean, Nick explains the books to a still skeptical Wu anyway.

The wesenrein eps are expanded a little and this is how Agent Chavez is brought in. She and her team are secretly trying to take down wesen hate groups by using by normal human laws.  Chavez thought that maybe Teresa was a spy for another hate group that disagreed with the local one/ was potentially a wesen local trying to bring down the group. Either way, once Chavez knows about T., she could still be creepy and smug and unwanted in Portland. Of course, the potential foil/ally angle is still there.  Chavez, on her way out of town, meets with Renard. She updates Renard on what she knows.  After Monroe is safe, Renard calls his priest. There is a list of names. We hear, in the background of a following episode or two, that the names in question have been murdered/killed/ been in an "accident".

We have the chupacabra ep, just before the goofy, fun Christmas episode.  Instead of Wu get angry, he's more concerned abut his partner, Franco. And that no one made the doctor with the huge-ass thing on his neck go. home!

We still get "Marechaussee", as the Council still hates that Nick's some uppity, hippie US Grimm. Why won't he just let the wesen kill each other in the centuries old ways? Americans have no respect for history.   Juliette, who is still not a hexenbiest, manages to get to her doctor bag and give A. Vosloo an air embolism. She is still poisoned, so Rosalee gets to do her medicine thing. Juliette decides to take a break and visit her college buddy.

Instead of the Jack the Renard (TM Shanna Marie), as   someone else suggested, we have a mini-arc story of a scientist who ends up going mad- Jekyll and Hyde, only instead of Captain Renard, it's our M.E., Doc Harper. The guys bring in a wesen corpse, not knowing it's wesen. Doc Harper is accidentally dosed by a bodily fluid that seems harmless at first but Due To Wesenality, the good doctor isn't so much.  Hell, maybe even have Henrietta go down trying to save the unknowing human!  Oh, yeah, Henrietta has been popping in from time-to-time because she is making sure her hexen-friend Elizabeth's son is recovering without complications from his gunshot wound(s).  There is play flirting with an undercurrent of not so joking. We hear about the difference(s) between hexen and zauerbiests. We also hear more about the prophesy that Diana is supposedly filling. Maybe one other, equally plausible destiny Diana could fulfill. 

The season finale could be that Kelly and Diana show up because Adalind, with the help of the Royals, has largely disabled the Resistance and is hunting for the pair. The question is whether Renard has reverted hard back to his S1mind-set or if he's still gray. We're left with Renard and armed people rushing into Chez Grimm with a "Where is she?!" and a child crying.

Of course, the stand-alones still happen like usual, except for a teensy bit of shuffling.

But then, I haven't been thrilled with this season's overall writing. There were some good episodes, but this season is not getting purchased on dvd.

• Love 2

Nick (or someone--maybe Hank?) should send Kelly's head to Juliette (assuming she has a current address where she receives mail). Along with her looks of remorse, having her open up the box with Kelly's head would be an appropriate zinger for her, assuming the writers intend to pull an audience-acceptable redemption for her out of their hive-mind.