Type keyword(s) to search

The Grimm Wishlist: What Should They Do?

iMonrey

(edited)

I'm still furious about the trailer fire--not because of the trailer specifically, but because it illustrated how little respect TPTB actually have for this show and the fans.

The trailer was set up almost as an independent character. In a show that was about the extraordinary in the midst of the ordinary, it was sort of the portal between the two worlds. This isn't the first show to give a place such a significant role, but it is the first show that I know of that, once they established the space, just tossed it away. Would "Friends" have lasted 10 years if, in season 4, Central Perk became a Kinko's? Probably not. What if Jerry and George started going to Chipotle instead of the diner? Okay, those are the only two examples I can think of (and neither show is exactly "Grimm"-like)--it's early on a Sunday--but I know there are countless others.

An\d why did they burn down the trailer? To show that Juliette was losing control. I guess they didn't feel that the half season preceding that pretty much made that point (over and over and over again). And, even though everything inside seemed to have miraculously survived the inferno Juliette created, the fact is that TPTB destroyed one of the vital organs of the show without regard for the audience or the overall health of the show.

Basically. I feel like I've sat through years of dumb crap involving Juliette and Adalind (seriously, since season two this shit with them) and no matter how frustrated I got, the best thing about this show was the ancient, fragile feeling the trailer gave to the supernatural side of things. Now it's just another supernatural baby mama drama that may as well lose its funding and move to the CW, because the hook is gone. Edited by Lii
  • Love 1
(edited)

I love how everyone just takes Adalind's word for who the father of her baby is. With all the soap opera-ish bed-hopping going on on this show, it at least leaves the door open for some "You are NOT the father!" drama. So please. From your mouth to TPTB's ears.

Yeah.  The way it's been presented, she herself does not know who either baby's father is.  Even though DNA testing now exists, they don't use it, or if they did, there would be a switcheroo in true soap style.  I wish Nick would insist on a test. 

I guess the problem for me is that I've lost a lot of faith and trust in TPTB with this show. They have a great premise, a wonderful setting (although I am a bit biased), a capable to strong cast...and they just keep messing one thing up after another.  I'm all for twists and turns, but they have to make some sense and there needs to be some direction to this show.

For me the Portland setting was/is a big draw, and the show has a different feeling than any other as a result.  So while they've made a big screw up with killing the Grimmbago, they still have the Portland ambiance going on and their strong cast (stronger now) so I have hope.

Edited by ShadowFacts
  • Love 1

I say Adalind's latest baby dies before May 2016 sweeps.   I like CC, but Adalind should be a villain that stirs up trouble and then leaves town.

This isn't a spoiler (it is speculation), but I'm tagging it just in case:

I suspect that Claire Coffee will be leaving the show at the end of this season.

So, there is a great opportunity to really make Adalind a villain this season.  She has been part of, if not the cause of, all the the misfortunes that have befallen Nick since the show began.  There is no way around it: it IS Adalind's fault that Juliette became a hexenbiest, which makes it Adalind's fault that both Juliette and Kelly are dead.  Let Nick (and the rest of the gang) be absolutely furious about that and let him go after her.  The fact that there is a baby (er, babies, if you count Diana), makes things more complicated, as does the fact that Adalind has suppressed her powers in vain.  Up until this point, Adalind has been probably the most ridiculous villain I've seen on TV, but now is a good time to let her have some real chops.  Let her get mad about that and then let them settle this stupid story line and either get on to grander, better thought out arcs or back to the procedural.  If they go this route, I'm willing to give them a season as long as I know that it will be FINISHED.

That would be great if they let Claire Coffee really let loose. Like you said, she has a lot of reasons to go full-on villain. Unfortunately, I get the feeling TPTB are going in the exact opposite direction. Nick has to protect her, be concerned with what's going on with her because she's supposedly having his baby, they're bringing her in to share screen time with the rest of the cast. In a weird way, it's like because Juliette's gone, they feel like they need to shoehorn a female character into her place, and oh look, let's use Adalind even though it makes NO SENSE given how she and Nick have been at odds from Day 1. I can already see Claire Coffee "softening" Adalind a little bit and it makes me worried; why else would she be doing that if not because they're trying to set up Adalind's redemption arc and acceptance by the rest of the Grimm squad?

Still keeping my fingers crossed that she leaves this season (after the writers ruin that character too). 

• Love 2

That would be great if they let Claire Coffee really let loose. Like you said, she has a lot of reasons to go full-on villain. Unfortunately, I get the feeling TPTB are going in the exact opposite direction. Nick has to protect her, be concerned with what's going on with her because she's supposedly having his baby, they're bringing her in to share screen time with the rest of the cast. In a weird way, it's like because Juliette's gone, they feel like they need to shoehorn a female character into her place, and oh look, let's use Adalind even though it makes NO SENSE given how she and Nick have been at odds from Day 1. I can already see Claire Coffee "softening" Adalind a little bit and it makes me worried; why else would she be doing that if not because they're trying to set up Adalind's redemption arc and acceptance by the rest of the Grimm squad?

Still keeping my fingers crossed that she leaves this season (after the writers ruin that character too). 

This show would be so much better if we were the writers.  Seriously.

I know this is a wishlist thread, but here is what I think the writers are planning:

1 - Shipping Nick and Adalind

2 - Ruining Monroe and Rosalee (because they need to wait a season before they go back to ruining Nick's relationships and, as TPTB have said on numerous occasions, good relationships make for boring television).

3 - Continuing to leave Hank, Wu, and Renard in sort of the background because why on earth would they put any effort whatsoever into fleshing out characters.

Honestly, all that may be the end of me.  Well, it WILL be the end of Grimm....

• Love 1

This show would be so much better if we were the writers.  Seriously.

I know this is a wishlist thread, but here is what I think the writers are planning:

1 - Shipping Nick and Adalind

2 - Ruining Monroe and Rosalee (because they need to wait a season before they go back to ruining Nick's relationships and, as TPTB have said on numerous occasions, good relationships make for boring television).

3 - Continuing to leave Hank, Wu, and Renard in sort of the background because why on earth would they put any effort whatsoever into fleshing out characters.

Honestly, all that may be the end of me.  Well, it WILL be the end of Grimm....

#1 would be a tipping point for me.  It will never not be tone-deaf in the extreme to make a romantic relationship out of a rape.  #2 would be equally bad unless they just throw an obstacle or conflict or two, not a split though.  #3 will not surprise me, but per Comic.con panel,

Hank will find love, which may make a Nick/Adalind ship less likely.

As for #2, they've said that they're going to explore 

Rosalee's past addiction

some more, so hopefully that'll be what causes the conflict between Monroe and Rosalee. Because yes, the showrunners are under the impression that happy couples make for bad tv. Ha. Hopefully it'll only be temporary, though, and they won't torpedo Monrosalee like they did to Nick and Juliette's relationship.  And hopefully, focusing on Hank's personal life will mean there won't be time for them to destroy Monrosalee or ship Nick with his rapist. 

I am seriously considering not watching anymore. The idea that happy relationships are boring really does doom the show to the kind of annoying bullshit they've been giving us, and steals focus off the Grimm/wesen adventures.

So, what I think they should do is just stop trying to make it a show with a relationship focus, and steer away from the temptation to write more of the oh so (not) interesting crap they've been giving us, since apparently they don't have any ideas about how to write relationships of another sort than what we've seen.

• Love 1

Okay, I'm going to pretend that TPTB actually read this board (I'm pretty sure they don't....) and say this.  They think that happy relationships make for bad/boring TV and they are right--for some shows.  Parenthood, for example, is a show that needs troubled relationships.

However, other shows--shows like, oh, Grimm--can have happy relationships up the wazoo, as long as the other, larger parts of the show are kept fresh.  You know what makes for bad/boring TV in these shows?  Letting relationship issues cloud the rest of the show, starting story arcs and then dropping them inexplicably, not being clear on the show's mythology.  THAT is what makes bad TV.

#1 would be a tipping point for me.  It will never not be tone-deaf in the extreme to make a romantic relationship out of a rape.  #2 would be equally bad unless they just throw an obstacle or conflict or two, not a split though.  #3 will not surprise me, but per Comic.con panel,

Hank will find love, which may make a Nick/Adalind ship less likely.

I agree that the possibilities around #3 could be a positive move for the show, but we have been promised such things before and they haven't panned out.  I'm not going to hold my breath that it will actually come to pass.

• Love 2

What was the point of Adalind getting her powers back if Nik has to protect her from Juliette or the man on the corner?  Seriously.  What is up with that crap?  Renard rolled up his car window while Adalind killed some man on the street and drove off.  

Please, let Eric be the baby Daddy to Diana and Adalind's baby with Nik dies.

I think it's pretty telling that this is the very first pics that we're getting for the season.

(Taken from a post in the spoiler thread and referring to a link posted there).

There was a comment at the above link (for some reason, it disappeared...not sure what happened there...) where someone very eloquently expressed what was wrong with the whole Adalind/Nick thing.  It is not just that she raped him (and Hank), but the fact that the writers and TPTB either are completely oblivious to what they created with that story line or they just don't know what to do with it (sadly, I think it is the former).  It seems that they are under the blatant misconception that good looking, heterosexual men can't be raped, especially by attractive women.

Ironically, the show has a chance for some sort of redemption here.  We're still stuck with Adalind, at least for the moment, and with yet another baby, but there is the opportunity to do something that I don't know if any other show has had the cajones to try.   Frankly, they need to acknowledge the fact that Adalind has a history of sexual assault and that she raped (at least) two men.  Obviously, Adalind isn't going to face any criminal consequences for this, but Nick is a Grimm.  They need to NOT give Adalind a pass on this. 

Basically, they need to challenge the erroneous belief that women can't commit rape and men can't be victims.  I don't watch too many shows, but I don't recall any other show being brave enough to address this.

• Love 4

Frankly, they need to acknowledge the fact that Adalind has a history of sexual assault and that she raped (at least) two men.  Obviously, Adalind isn't going to face any criminal consequences for this, but Nick is a Grimm.  They need to NOT give Adalind a pass on this.

I wish, I'm not counting on it with these writers.  It's why much of what we're hearing is Nick and Adalind and their baby.

• Love 1

My feeling is the writers, when they do this male-as-victim of female plot, in genre shows, are being naughty or subversive or something, but certainly it is more like hijinks than crime or stripping a person of agency.  And I don't like it one bit, and wish they'd address it at the very least with a line or two from one of the sidekicks if not Nick himself. 

• Love 2

My feeling is the writers, when they do this male-as-victim of female plot, in genre shows, are being naughty or subversive or something, but certainly it is more like hijinks than crime or stripping a person of agency.  And I don't like it one bit, and wish they'd address it at the very least with a line or two from one of the sidekicks if not Nick himself. 

To be honest, I'm not sure the writers/show runners are even really clear on what rape is.  Remember the Frog Prince episode?  It was pretty clear that their philosophy was that only pretty girls get raped and only because they are so pretty that men can't control themselves around them.  If girls really didn't want to get raped, they needed to make themselves un-pretty.

I'm not sure why I think a show that holds such an idea of that would be capable of acknowledging the fact that they have a woman who has raped 2 men.  Yet, I do hold out hope (only, I'm sure, to be disappointed...again).

• Love 2

Oh my goodness, yes, please! I sometimes fantasize (I have too much time on my hands) that they'll reveal that Eric is actually Diana's father. And then let the new baby be Diana's phantom twin or something.

I love how everyone just takes Adalind's word for who the father of her baby is. With all the soap opera-ish bed-hopping going on on this show, it at least leaves the door open for some "You are NOT the father!" drama. So please. From your mouth to TPTB's ears.

I just don't want Renard stuck with Adalind or her baby, so let dead Eric be the father!

• Love 1

This just occurred to me like that moment when you see the train wreck becoming inevitable, in slow motion. The way the writers love babies, Rosalee and Monroe could have one or plan to have one next season. I just can't with this. Actually, can it be that no one gets impregnated again on this show? No one at all. Just no more children. That would be marvelous.

I just don't want Renard stuck with Adalind or her baby, so let dead Eric be the father!

Wish granted! And as dead Eric is Diana's father, Nick raises both of Adalind babies. Adalind and her babies live with Nick and are in each and every episode until the show is cancelled.

And as dead Eric is Diana's father, Nick raises both of Adalind babies. Adalind and her babies live with Nick and are in each and every episode until the show is cancelled.

...which should be momentarily.  I can't imagine *anyone* watching a crapfest like that.

• Love 1

My fevered brain has been trying to come up with ways that Kelly is not dead, because if Juliette really isn't, then damn it, Kelly isn't, either.

I never bought that Kelly, after all her years of successful survival and hiding and evasion and life and death situations, would walk into that trap.  She had to know Juliette was compromised somehow and never would have walked into that house with little Diana.  I can't remember the particulars of the scene in the finale, but Juliette heard but did not see what was going on downstairs.  Could Kelly have been working with Meisner and others, staged aspects of that fight, I don't know?  Fake head in a box? Nick would probably not inspect too closely.  Leaving Diana alone for Juliette to tend with the royals' goons doesn't exactly work, but . . . I'm grasping.  Kelly was just too smart to fall for what appears to have happened. 

My fevered brain has been trying to come up with ways that Kelly is not dead, because if Juliette really isn't, then damn it, Kelly isn't, either.

I never bought that Kelly, after all her years of successful survival and hiding and evasion and life and death situations, would walk into that trap.  She had to know Juliette was compromised somehow and never would have walked into that house with little Diana.  I can't remember the particulars of the scene in the finale, but Juliette heard but did not see what was going on downstairs.  Could Kelly have been working with Meisner and others, staged aspects of that fight, I don't know?  Fake head in a box? Nick would probably not inspect too closely.  Leaving Diana alone for Juliette to tend with the royals' goons doesn't exactly work, but . . . I'm grasping.  Kelly was just too smart to fall for what appears to have happened. 

There are 2 things keeping me from jumping on this train with you:

1 - the mistaken head thing has already been done with Kelly.  If they tried it again, well, that would be taking the writer's laziness to new lows (highs?  you know what I mean).

2 - Both Nick and Hank immediately recognized the head of Kelly's (even though it didn't exactly look like her....).  If it had just been Nick, I might be able to buy this all, especially as they went to extra effort in 5.1 to assert that what Nick thought he saw that night can't be trusted....but Hank.  I mean, he recognized her right away...

I mean, Kelly would be a great character to have back.  However, it is a lot easier to "not kill" a character using a weapon that was never meant to cause fatalities (as said at least twice in earlier episodes) than to "not kill" someone by decapitation.

There are 2 things keeping me from jumping on this train with you:

1 - the mistaken head thing has already been done with Kelly.  If they tried it again, well, that would be taking the writer's laziness to new lows (highs?  you know what I mean).

2 - Both Nick and Hank immediately recognized the head of Kelly's (even though it didn't exactly look like her....).  If it had just been Nick, I might be able to buy this all, especially as they went to extra effort in 5.1 to assert that what Nick thought he saw that night can't be trusted....but Hank.  I mean, he recognized her right away...

I mean, Kelly would be a great character to have back.  However, it is a lot easier to "not kill" a character using a weapon that was never meant to cause fatalities (as said at least twice in earlier episodes) than to "not kill" someone by decapitation.

I know it's a stretch, but the writers have already had Adalind do two rapes, have two pregnancies, and having Kelly seemingly beheaded twice, well, maybe they like the doubling thing.  I'm only half joking.  I also have to wonder what is the motivation for Chavez' people taking both Juliette's body and Kelly's head.  Yep, I'm overthinking it for sure.

I know it's a stretch, but the writers have already had Adalind do two rapes, have two pregnancies, and having Kelly seemingly beheaded twice, well, maybe they like the doubling thing.  I'm only half joking.  I also have to wonder what is the motivation for Chavez' people taking both Juliette's body and Kelly's head.  Yep, I'm overthinking it for sure.

Okay, point taken on the 2 of everything!  I guess a second person losing their head in Kelly's place isn't that far-fetched after all.

But yeah..I really don't get why they took her head (and I don't think you're over thinking that....)

• Love 1

Maybe they need a Grimm's head for a spell or they are trying to create a FrankenKelly?

And why was only 'Kelly's' head left, what's with that?  Why not leave her beheaded body there for maximum effect?  I know there's the history of Nick sending heads in a box, so there's that.  But it's easier to fake a head than a whole body.  It's just obviously my fervent wish that Kelly would be too smart for what happened. 

I still want the Keys/Map to the Greatest, Most Dangerous Weapon Ever! to be the medieval equivalent of a modern-day hair dryer or maybe a souped-up trebuchet, just nothing magical. The fear of this weapon was centuries ago and the world has continued to try and perfect how we kill each other. We even do that by accident with everyday items that never had the intended purpose of killing another being.  

I would like to revisit some of the characters from earlier seasons, not to have them killed off and bring a second of angst to Nick and Hank, but to see the way Nick has changed life in Portland for wesen. That some groups are cool working together, even some bauerschwein and blutbaden.  Maybe check in on the church of literal sheeple? The green girl from last season?  The girl from" Let Down Your Hair"?  There's more, but I will stop.

If they want the long, dark  night-time of Nick's soul, fine. Nick's at a place where he should be taking a hard look at this life. I just am not sure I trust the writing for this show to do it well/smartly. I want to trust them, but I've watched the last four seasons.

Maybe we can get Nick and/or the duo of Hank and Monroe going with Nick to his uncle's house to decompress. We get a little more info on Lil' Marie and Kelly and Nick gets to feel like a relatively normal human. There doesn't have to be anything else other than the guys and Nick's uncle (and aunt!). It could be like the roadtrip Mark Green took after his dad died on ER. Doug tagged along and Mark got to feel closure and talk out stuff, iirc.

• Love 1

The little guy bragging about the blackberries seemed kind of sweet. Rosalie should adopt him.

Brought this over from the episode thread ("Lost Boys", 503).

I did think that the shorter boy and Lily were sweeter than the other two boys, but all four were almost as feral as Holly Clark ("Let Down Your Hair", 107). I sort of wish Rosalee and Monroe had taken in the kids, at least until foster placement could be found. Then Rosalee and Monroe could explain why they were so different from most folks they met.  I was thinking it could be an interesting angle for Rosalee and Monroe.

Taking in Lily, at minimum, would allow the writers to explore R/M's struggle with how their kids could turn out, while not just parenting a child, but mentoring an abandoned child. It could have been wonderful. Rosalee could be shown as the compassionate, fierce soul we know her as, while maybe bringing in her mom and sister to help show Lily that she is not as alone as she thought.

Meanwhile, Monroe could teach her that strong guys aren't always bullying and can be pretty awesome ( a Christmas or Halloween with Monroe should delight any child; Rosalee could help if not, tying back into her first Christmas with Monroe. Remember the cigar?). He might even get her to do Pilates with him, if she has anger issues, or see if she's interested in music or small craftwork, like his watch repair ( maybe have her try to fix one of clocks that he hasn't gotten around to fixing, but not one of his favorite ones)? 

Also, showing an adoption story would almost be revolutionary. Or even R/M deciding to be foster parents for those kids could be interesting. The kid actors were interesting and seemed to do okay. The tension would be wesen and CPS crossing paths. I think there has been hints that wesen adults (judges, lawyers, etc.)are in the system and try to look out for the kids, but this shuttling of all the boys to this New Threat's housing whatever seems...convenient? Super too much so?

I also hope that Adalind decides that Nick's offer is nice and all, but she's tired of all the hiding and when/if she goes back to lawyering, she demands that Kelly has space in her office.

I'd also like the possibility of Kelly being Renard's brought up (why, yes, Show, I remember the Adalind/Renard sexytimes right before Adalind took on Juliet's form.) I doubt I'll get that, at least anytime soon, but it'd be nice to know the Show remembers too.

• Love 2

I want to mega-like your adoption/fostering scenario, Actionmage, and I want to see it play out for all the reasons you give.  Plus, that would make another pregnancy and baby unnecessary, we certainly don't need to see that again with Monrosalee.   You have written a totally great sub-plot that could play out so well.  Maybe they'll do some of it yet!

What I think they won't do is bring up Kelly not being Nick's baby.  He damn well should have gotten a DNA test.  The way the pregnancy played out in show time, it could not be his.  Also couldn't be Renard's from the encounter we saw, so they will never revisit that.  I don't think. Maybe they'll dredge up the old soap trope of the baby having a medical emergency and needing blood and the truth is revealed that way.  I would hate that, but my wish would be that little Kelly is not a little Grimm. 

• Love 2

Renard sexy pants does NOT need another baby, especially with Adalind as the mother.  Ugh.  Just no more babies.  

Adalind's current baby mess could have been a random hookup that she had at the castle.  There would be no need to try and force Nik and Adalind sharing vomit inducing scenes.

• Love 1

Since I'm not watching this show right now for REASONS, I'm hoping that if,this happens,someone will immediately post about it so I can start watching again.

I want Trubel to look at Nick,look at Adalind, look back at Nick and say, "WTF?  Are you an idiot?"

I've been on the fence about Trubel but, if she does that, I'm joining #TeamTrubel instantly.

• Love 2

So, this is more speculation than "wishlist," but this seemed like the most appropriate place for this post.

My guess is that whatever the keys lead to will be, ahem, underwhelming.  The creators have pretty much said that they didn't put that much thought into it (what they actually said is that they always maintained they would solve the mystery in the 100th episode, never thinking the show would get that far.  Then when they were writing about episode 93, they realized they had no idea what they were going to do and had to come up with something quick.)  I could be wrong, but I think finding whatever the keys lead to will be the end of the key story line.  I think whatever is in the tunnels will be the beginning of something new.

Actually, there is a part of me that hopes that this search comes to nothing.  This show already has about 3 more story lines than it can handle.

ETA: Forgot to add this random thought.

*If* this show has a 6 season, I'm betting we'll see a toxic air episode.  Apparently there are "pockets" of what the media is making sound like unbreathable air around town.  A perfect "ripped from the headlines" ep for Grimm!

Edited by OtterMommy

Taken from the 510 thread:

Capt Renard's mother could technically come back from wherever she's been and announce "oh my goodness, I guess my spell that transferred the identity of these two women did not work right, and it's because I forgot one ingredient in the potion. Here, let me correct that" and she could set them back to their original condition. She is a hexenbiest after all.

I'm not sure I'd like it to play out that way--it is just too easy (but, seeing how relatively easily they replaced the trailer, I wouldn't put it past the creative team!). However, I do want to see Elizabeth again--in fact, I'm pretty surprised that we haven't seen her.  She was a very interesting character and the writers uncharacteristically didn't kill her.  I checked Louise Lombard's IMDB profile and, while she seems to be doing a TV movie, that's the first thing since she was in Grimm, so she should have been available.

Last we heard, she was going on a search for Diana, a search that Renard said he supported.  Now, Renard may not know where his daughter OR his mother is, but he knows someone who knows where his daughter is and I would think he would at least try to contact his mother, but we haven't seen any of that.

I actually would like to see Elizabeth return, for 2 reasons.  First of all, I want to find out if she knew the entire time that Juliette would become a hexenbiest (and, if she did know, did she have an ulterior motive).  Secondly, it was pretty clear that she did NOT like Adalind.  I do want Adalind to get her teeth back, but I'm really over her fighting (or whatever) with Nick...or with Juliette.  I was to see her go up against Elizabeth.

Of, if Elizabeth isn't an option, I would like to see SOME consequence for Adalind breaking her contract with Stefania.  I mean, Stefania stressed that it was binding and forced Adalind's "signature" in blood---and then it was just dropped.  However, I think the actress who played Stefania is too expensive for the show now, so I'm not holding my breath to see that.

Taken from the 510 thread:

I'm not sure I'd like it to play out that way--it is just too easy (but, seeing how relatively easily they replaced the trailer, I wouldn't put it past the creative team!). However, I do want to see Elizabeth again--in fact, I'm pretty surprised that we haven't seen her.  She was a very interesting character and the writers uncharacteristically didn't kill her.  I checked Louise Lombard's IMDB profile and, while she seems to be doing a TV movie, that's the first thing since she was in Grimm, so she should have been available.

Last we heard, she was going on a search for Diana, a search that Renard said he supported.  Now, Renard may not know where his daughter OR his mother is, but he knows someone who knows where his daughter is and I would think he would at least try to contact his mother, but we haven't seen any of that.

I actually would like to see Elizabeth return, for 2 reasons.  First of all, I want to find out if she knew the entire time that Juliette would become a hexenbiest (and, if she did know, did she have an ulterior motive).  Secondly, it was pretty clear that she did NOT like Adalind.  I do want Adalind to get her teeth back, but I'm really over her fighting (or whatever) with Nick...or with Juliette.  I was to see her go up against Elizabeth.

Of, if Elizabeth isn't an option, I would like to see SOME consequence for Adalind breaking her contract with Stefania.  I mean, Stefania stressed that it was binding and forced Adalind's "signature" in blood---and then it was just dropped.  However, I think the actress who played Stefania is too expensive for the show now, so I'm not holding my breath to see that.

Wasn't Stefania killed back in Europe by a Royal?

• Love 1

Wasn't Stefania killed back in Europe by a Royal?

Was she?  What I remember--which may be wrong--is that Viktor hauled her in and then they may have thrown her in the dungeon. I can't remember if they actually killed her.  Either way, I doubt we will see her again (although I'd like to....)

okay - Capt. Renard is a half zauberbiest, half royal, and one of his weaknesses is a moderate thirst for power. It is known that he gains some strength and fighting skills when he woges, but otherwise, he doesn't seem to have obvious powers at telekinesis or spells or potions like female witches.

I think they should reveal that his powers really center around charisma, hypnotism, strong mental persuasion to make people do what he wants. In a previous episode, they briefly showed a powder at the spice shop that was truth serum for canid wesen -  called serum exomologesis. They never used it so far

. They should have Renard fight black claw by targeting a member who is a blutbad, coyotl, anubis, an apgadniaks (like the Peter Pan kid who was recruited to black claw), or fox and turn him into a double agent by  first getting some information with truth serum and then hypnotizing them into working for their side.

Edited by ottilie

Meisner had the Diana hot potato last, right? Did he ever say wtf he did with her, or did the show forget that happened? I honestly can't remember either way.

They should really just decide what happened to the resistance people, and either fold them into Black Claw or HW and be done with it. That's a loose end that would take about 5 seconds to tie up. I'm sure they forgot there was a resistance, though.

Meisner told Renard that Diana was safe, but they didn't tell him her location.  Whatever.  The show should just kill off Eric's kid and be done with the story.

Edited by Darklazr

Meisner told Renard that Diana was safe, but they didn't tell him her location.  Whatever.  The show should just kill off Eric's kid and be done with the story.

I don't think the show has the balls to kill a kid.  However, I wish they would do SOMETHING with Diana.  They've spent far too long just talking about her.  Really, if they weren't going to do anything with the character, they should never have created her.

I don't think the show has the balls to kill a kid.  However, I wish they would do SOMETHING with Diana.  They've spent far too long just talking about her.  Really, if they weren't going to do anything with the character, they should never have created her.

It would be really cool if Diana began morphing into Frau Pech and she kills herself, Adalind and Juliette in one hexenbiest face off!

Okay, we're heading towards the finale and I was wondering...what do you all think will happen.  I'm not saying what you want to happen or what you wish will happen, but what do you think has a realistic chance of happening.

I have my theory about a spoiler out there, but I'll leave it off this thread.  However, I do think (and this is all speculation):

1 - Elizabeth will make a return.  I wouldn't be surprised if Diana has been living with her the entire time.

2 - Nick completely loses it somehow.

3 - "Nadalind" (ugh...off to get some scope to get the taste of that out of my mouth) will well and truly be over, one way or another

4 - The magic stick will not be mentioned until the last 15 minutes (or 5 minutes) of episode 22.  Because that is the way this show works.

Other thoughts?

(edited)

My guess is that we will have at least one new Wesen of the Week before the end of the season....

Oh, and JuliEve will continue to astound us with her knack for stating the obvious, in the most robotic, wooden way possible.

Other than that, I think I agree with OtterMommy

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 1

I'm expecting Juliette to change back to human at the end of the season, and reveal that Kelly is hers, and have her pair back up with Nick. Adalind will go bad again. The writers will mistakenly believe that is what we all want.

No, the best way to do this is to make Nick single and keep the soap opera BS to a minimum!

• Love 1

I'll assume that next season is the final one.  I already wish for a Forever Knight twist with Renard as the last man standing.  I'm curious what others want for a series final season and want for an ending. 

I bet that the writers will continue to do everything that people hate about the show--Adalind/Juliette/Nick, Diana, unanswered questions, dropped storylines, etc.  They'll double down, and the backlash will be hilarious.  The same thing happened with How I Met Your Mother.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, spaulding said:

I'll assume that next season is the final one.  I already wish for a Forever Knight twist with Renard as the last man standing.  I'm curious what others want for a series final season and want for an ending. 

I bet that the writers will continue to do everything that people hate about the show--Adalind/Juliette/Nick, Diana, unanswered questions, dropped storylines, etc.  They'll double down, and the backlash will be hilarious.  The same thing happened with How I Met Your Mother.

They absolutely will, because at this point they know they aren't getting more than that half season renewal to finish it up and there's no point in changing the entire tone of the series when all that will do is make them less likely to get full syndication orders. No reason to completely change the tone in the last season. Now changing the QUALITY? Yes, please. Seriously, please.

On 5/1/2016 at 7:27 AM, Lii said:

They absolutely will, because at this point they know they aren't getting more than that half season renewal to finish it up and there's no point in changing the entire tone of the series when all that will do is make them less likely to get full syndication orders. No reason to completely change the tone in the last season. Now changing the QUALITY? Yes, please. Seriously, please.

I wonder how they could change the quality.  It seems like they're still down the rabbit hole and unable to get out.  The writers seem to be doubling down Hank. 

I think the tone of the show could change if the show got rid of the conspiracy and espionage. 

• Love 1

In order to change the quality, they'd have to, you know, not be THEM. Because if they knew how to create a different quality show, they'd have been doing so all along. 

But nope. Add more hexentimes, and if the plot (or budget) doesn't have room for all the hexencharacters, just off one of the original bunch. Sounds legit.

It's okay, guys. We're almost to the finish line.