Type keyword(s) to search

The Grimm Wishlist: What Should They Do?

iMonrey

2 minutes ago, neuromom said:

So JuliEve mentioned the "twin telepathy" thing. And Trubel I think was the one that mentioned "crossed wires". And shortly thereafter Nick tells JuliEve that she doesn't understand  his anger about Kelly because "he's not your kid ". 

Yep. The brain isn't the only part of the body that is having "crossed wires". I'm calling it. Kelly is biologically JuliEve's. 

My completely unspoiled spec, building off of this, is that the stick will end up "curing" JuliEve of her hexiness so Nick, Juliette and Kelly can all be together.  Granted, I don't necessarily want this to happen, but I do think it will happen.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

My completely unspoiled spec, building off of this, is that the stick will end up "curing" JuliEve of her hexiness so Nick, Juliette and Kelly can all be together.  Granted, I don't necessarily want this to happen, but I do think it will happen.

Not dead Juliette Eve still set up Momma Grimm and the neighbors to be killed, tried to kill Monroe and burned down the Grimmabago!  She does NOT get a HEA, ever!

Edited by Darklazr
I need to make an update
  • Love 2

I'm with you. I think putting them back together is going to provoke another wave of rage quits, so I hope it happens in the finale for maximum fairness to everyone who wants to tap.

(edited)

I guess this is my big question for season 6?

Are they going to accept that they are only going to get 13 episodes and try to wrap things up or are they going to roll the dice and try to drum up more story lines in hopes that it will lead to more episodes?

Honestly, I'm not sure what I would prefer.  As it is now, I don't think they can wrap things up in 13 episodes without a deus ex machina moment.  However, if they try to go for more episodes, I'm afraid that we'll just end up with more unfinished story lines.

ETA: Another question....do you think they learned anything from season 5?  The ratings were abysmal and they had the order for season 6 cut to 13.  Do you think they are going to continue with this so-called "reboot" or go back to the WotW formula that they used in earlier seasons?

One thing that I do NOT want to see is the Nick/Adalind/Juliette/Renard/Various Babies take over the show.  Yes, they need to resolve that somehow, but I hope they keep that as a B plot.

Edited by OtterMommy
(edited)
4 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I guess this is my big question for season 6?

Are they going to accept that they are only going to get 13 episodes and try to wrap things up or are they going to roll the dice and try to drum up more story lines in hopes that it will lead to more episodes?

Honestly, I'm not sure what I would prefer.  As it is now, I don't think they can wrap things up in 13 episodes without a deus ex machina moment.  However, if they try to go for more episodes, I'm afraid that we'll just end up with more unfinished story lines.

ETA: Another question....do you think they learned anything from season 5?  The ratings were abysmal and they had the order for season 6 cut to 13.  Do you think they are going to continue with this so-called "reboot" or go back to the WotW formula that they used in earlier seasons?

One thing that I do NOT want to see is the Nick/Adalind/Juliette/Renard/Various Babies take over the show.  Yes, they need to resolve that somehow, but I hope they keep that as a B plot.

I would wrap everything up in 13 episodes and call it a day.

1) Juliette apologizes for all of the crap that she did and then leaves Portland for a mental facility never to be seen or heard from ever, again.

2) Adalind and Renard reach the conclusion that their toxic relationship is what started so much crap on the show and they mutually agree to co-parent from different households.

3) Momma Grimm who was alive all this time thanks to her Resistance lookalike comes back just in time to help Nick and the Scooby's minus Juliette take down the rest of BC.

4) Diana morphs into a thirty year old Frau Pech by the end of episode six which freaks out both Adalind and Renard.  Frau Pech is out for revenge on Adalind, but ends up dead after being killed by Renard.  Adalind refuses to forgive Renard for killing Diana and he is okay with the situation, because Diana was unstable.

5) Hank reconnects with his first wife and the two decided to try again.

6) The stick is used to cure Wu.

7) Nick and Adalind also agree to co-parent Kelly from different households.

8) Elisabeth joins the fight against BC.

9) Renard continues his undercover work in taking down BC from the inside now that he has clued in Hank, Nick and Wu to his true beliefs.

10) Nick and Momma Grimm come up with a way to hide the books, weapons, stick, and Grimm genealogy books.  They also locate all of the alive Grimms from the books and they begin their own secret club.

11) King Frederick turns out to be alive and well after being rescued by a couple on their boat.  He has a volatile conversation with Viktor, which unfortunately for him was secretly televised by an alive Sebastian (!) and both men end up dead.  Eric's oldest daughter the last legitimate Renard takes over as Queen.

12) Alexander and Elisabeth show up separately in episode four.  Alexander works with Rosalie to help set up a new Wesen council in Portland and invites Nick to join as a contributor.

13) Bud and his family return from vacation in episode two to learn that BC is still a threat.

14) Momma Grimm realizes that Trubel's parents were part of the Resistance and she is able to find their names in the Grimm book, but they are dead.

15) The "stick" has reactivated Nick's ability to see and hear from long distances and allows him not to be controlled by "biests".

16) After the runner up Mayoral candidate dies of a heart attack, Renard decides to allow the third runner up who happens to be Dixon's brother the chance to take the job.  

17) The other high ranking BC members that Meisner had on screen have all been either captured, killed or fled for their lives.

18) Renard decides to remain Captain now that BC has been removed from Portland.  Of course, there are still a few wesens looking for payback.

19) Nick finds a secured building to live in with Kelly Jr.

20) Monroe and Rosalie have a baby girl and her name is Ashley.  

21) Adalind dies when she has a run in with one of the bee people from s1.

22) Renard ends up with Juliette's powers since she lost hers due to the "stick" and because she smoked the hat that gave us another rape with Renard#2/not dead Juliette Eve and Rachel.

23) Sebastian is promoted by the new Queen in Vienna.

24) The Scooby gang all have personal lives outside of their normal jobs.

25) Eight years later, Renard wins Mayor on his own accord.  Nick and Hank are promoted as co-Captains for their department.

26) I am not even going to bother trying to wrap up those other plot holes!  Bye, Grimm!  

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 1

A weird thought came to me:  by the end of the series, maybe Wu should go off with Trubel to help her wherever needed.  He seems to have his lycanthropy under control and it came in very handy against Black Claw.  He could freelance, be part of whatever is left of Hadrian's Wall in other cities/locales. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

A weird thought came to me:  by the end of the series, maybe Wu should go off with Trubel to help her wherever needed.  He seems to have his lycanthropy under control and it came in very handy against Black Claw.  He could freelance, be part of whatever is left of Hadrian's Wall in other cities/locales. 

It could be good spin-off fodder, now that the Meisner show is an impossibility.

I get the feeling they're going to just go for broke and continue with all the bullshit as if they were going to get more episodes/another season, because they don't care. Why else would they be giving us ANOTHER FREAKING BABY?

• Love 1

I had a feeling Monroe and Rosalie would end up getting their own baby before the show went off the air.   Nick and not dead Juliette Eve will end up with Kelly as their kid.  Adalind and Renard will have Diana and eventually leave for Vienna.  Rosalie and Monroe will have their own baby.

• Love 2

Well yeah, for sure they were going to get their own baby, everyone has their own baby, it's baby Oprah up in here. It didn't need to happen until happily ever after into the sunset, though. So stupid. This isn't the kind of plot development a show with only 13 episodes to tie up a billion hanging plot threads and a civil war needs to have. If I had known I was signing up for Soap Opera Biests & Friends, I'd never have signed up in the first place, please believe.

God I hate this show so much, ugh. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Lii said:

I get the feeling they're going to just go for broke and continue with all the bullshit as if they were going to get more episodes/another season, because they don't care. Why else would they be giving us ANOTHER FREAKING BABY?

I was going to be fair and say that when they wrote this episode, they didn't know that they might only have 13 episodes in season 6...then I realized that, when they wrote this episode, they didn't even know if they HAD a season 6.  Sigh.....  I have a feeling you're right.

21 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I was going to be fair and say that when they wrote this episode, they didn't know that they might only have 13 episodes in season 6...then I realized that, when they wrote this episode, they didn't even know if they HAD a season 6.  Sigh.....  I have a feeling you're right.

Literally this show is going to end with "...We thought it was going to be continued, but, our bad, it wasn't. So everyone probably lived happily ever after, except the ones who didn't. Laters." over the sounds of Rosalee, Adalind and Juliette ALL in labor simultaneously with magical babies who somehow are all actually the same baby but different babies, don't worry about it, to be continued except not, lololol. Why are we still watching this?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Lii said:

Literally this show is going to end with "...We thought it was going to be continued, but, our bad, it wasn't. So everyone probably lived happily ever after, except the ones who didn't. Laters." over the sounds of Rosalee, Adalind and Juliette ALL in labor simultaneously with magical babies who somehow are all actually the same baby but different babies, don't worry about it, to be continued except not, lololol. Why are we still watching this?

You're probably right...and for everyone waiting for the Monrosalee pup--unless they do a time jump--or just ignore the constraints of time, as they've been known to do--we might not even get to see the blessed event.

3 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

You're probably right...and for everyone waiting for the Monrosalee pup--unless they do a time jump--or just ignore the constraints of time, as they've been known to do--we might not even get to see the blessed event.

They'll probably do some bullshit where foxie babies (because you know it's going to be adorbs like Rosalee) only gestate for like two weeks or something. Some asspull like that. Magical babies, you know. Sometimes they take a year and a half, sometimes they take four months. Sometimes they grow up SOOOOOOOOOO FAST. I mean, figuratively, of course. OF COURSE. **pukes**

• Love 1

From the episode thread:

When Adalind and Renard started ripping each other's clothes off, I thought wow the writers are REALLY trolling us with yet another round of magical non-consent. It's not something that's outraged me, but every time they repeat it the red flag rises a little higher. Someone on the writing staff has issues.

All I want is someone to ask the showrunners about this at one of the cons this summer.   Of course, with only a 13 ep order they might not be making the rounds.   But if they are, please please please will someone flat out ask what the hell the deal is with all the non-consensual sex.

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

From the episode thread:

All I want is someone to ask the showrunners about this at one of the cons this summer.   Of course, with only a 13 ep order they might not be making the rounds.   But if they are, please please please will someone flat out ask what the hell the deal is with all the non-consensual sex.

Weren't they asked about it the last time, and that's what led to this second round? I vaguely remember them being asked about it and them laughing it off or something. But I could be wrong, because the exact same kind of nonconsensual sex happened on Once Upon A Time last season, so I might be thinking of those assholes instead.

3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

From the episode thread:

Cosign!  I would love for someone to ask them point blank if they understand the concept of consent and, if so, why have they been violating it time after time on this show.  

And if they say, "It's just a show.  Get over it..."  I'll...I'll...I don't know what I'll do.  Hold my breath until I turn blue or something.

• Love 1

From the 521/522 thread:

I wonder after all of the shade Monroe threw JuliEVE's way, if he's suddenly going to be all cuddly-wuddly with Juliette now that she's shed the biest.

I hope not-and I mean that from a plot standpoint.  I can see Rosalee forgiving her, because she's Rosalee.  I can see Wu forgiving her, because he's got his own crap going on that makes him able to kind of, sort of, maybe relate to her situation.  I can see Hank forgiving her because for him to do otherwise would require the writing team to pay attention to his character, which they seem reluctant to do.  That leaves Nick and Monroe.

I think we already know where Nick is going with this--the fact that he never told Adalind he loved her (thankfully!) and he doesn't seem that concerned about her at the moment should be telling.  I mean, I do hope there would be *some* introspection on his part, but I'm not expecting it.  But Monroe has always had the clearest head of the bunch and I think it would be an interesting dynamic if he's less than enthusiastic about Juliette's return.

Do I think that will happen?  No.  I mean, Monroe may not have "jumped on the Adalind train" but he was definitely tolerant of it, WHICH MADE NO SENSE....so why should he start making sense now?

I'm not even sure Juliette has shed the biest.  It looks like the old Juliette is back, she was writhing around and she is feeling her feelings, but does that necessarily mean she has no more biest?  I kind of think it would make sense that the magic stick not only healed her physically, but also exorcised the biestiness.  Yet it might be more interesting if she had to deal with feelings such as guilt and remorse and simultaneously decide what to do with her powers.  If there isn't some kind of inner identity crisis going on, she will just be schmooping around.  Oh hell, there will be schmooping no matter what.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

I'm not even sure Juliette has shed the biest.  It looks like the old Juliette is back, she was writhing around and she is feeling her feelings, but does that necessarily mean she has no more biest?  I kind of think it would make sense that the magic stick not only healed her physically, but also exorcised the biestiness.  Yet it might be more interesting if she had to deal with feelings such as guilt and remorse and simultaneously decide what to do with her powers.  If there isn't some kind of inner identity crisis going on, she will just be schmooping around.  Oh hell, there will be schmooping no matter what.

Okay, here is my wishlist item.  Juliette gets a therapist.  She can have her appointments off screen, freeing up time for actual plot to happen.  She can work through her issues with minimal airtime and then she and Nick can have their minimal drama reunion (yes, I'm okay with that...because Nick will never be allowed to be single and Nadalind needs to end..for that reason alone, I'm in the Nick/Juliette camp).

(edited)

Juliette is still responsible for Momma Grimm and the neighbor's deaths and let's not forget burning down the Grimmabago.  

Do I think Nick will forgive Juliette?  Yes, but that does NOT mean he has to take his ex back or be with Adalind.  Nick and Adalind can agree to co-parent Kelly Jr. and the same type of arrangement for Diana with Renard and Adalind.

Heck, let's just kill off Juliette and Adalind and call it a day!

Edited by Darklazr
13 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I can see Hank forgiving her because for him to do otherwise would require the writing team to pay attention to his character, which they seem reluctant to do

This is hilarious but also sad because it's spot on. Hank will forever be the sidekick that doesn't get the girl unless she's got ill intentions ( Adalind, Zuri ).

That pissed me off. After they had the nerve to pretend "Oh, Hank gets a girlfriend this season!" I was hoping we might get to meet one of his ex-wives, maybe. But no, that would have been too much like right. Instead we get a(nother) missed chance for character development and unnecessary character assassination (again), nice combo. Can we get a REAL relationship for Hank?

• Love 3

Limitless is officially canceled, and no other network is going to pick it up. Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is free!

Time to bring back Mama Grimm, because no one liked the Kelly gets murdered plot. The woman already faked her death the first time, time to do it again to undo some terrible season 4 writing. I need some more strong women back on this show next season ASAP, not Weeping Juliette or Stepford Wife Adalind.

• Love 1
(edited)

Heaven forbid they just let Adalind be a villain. Yes, she used sex to manipulate men and yes, she was doing it at the behest of someone else (unless hexenfolk are inherently evil, the writers haven't decided yet so I couldn't tell you), but at least she was interesting. She created friction. She created obstacles for the protagonist to overcome. The actors had great chemistry together, and I don't mean sexual chemistry because they are blander than water as a couple. A de-fanged villain playing house and taking her baby to work with her (like, literally into her office while she talks with paying clients)? I don't want to see that crap.

I would also like to see Kelly Burkhardt (the real one, not the one nobody asked for) return. It's a crazy show and crazier things than a faked death have happened on it, so why not? Like I think someone else mentioned, I wouldn't even mind "It was all a dream!" at this point as long as it lets them FIX THINGS.

Edited by withanaich
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, withanaich said:

Heaven forbid they just let Adalind be a villain. Yes, she used sex to manipulate men and yes, she was doing it at the behest of someone else (unless hexenfolk are inherently evil, the writers haven't decided yet so I couldn't tell you), but at least she was interesting. She created friction. She created obstacles for the protagonist to overcome. The actors had great chemistry together, and I don't mean sexual chemistry because they are blander than water as a couple. A de-fanged villain playing house and taking her baby to work with her (like, literally into her office while she talks with paying clients)? I don't want to see that crap.

I agree completely.  I won't say that Adalind was a great villain, because the show was never able to write her as such.  But Claire Coffee can play a great villain--there are 13 episodes left (probably), they should finally give her the chance!

16 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I agree completely.  I won't say that Adalind was a great villain, because the show was never able to write her as such.  But Claire Coffee can play a great villain--there are 13 episodes left (probably), they should finally give her the chance!

I don't see it happening, they've set Renard up as the big bad, she's signaled she can't stand him, and he did just stand there while Bonaparte choked her.  I think her loyalties are with Nick, though that can easily change.  That ring that Bonaparte put on her will bind her to Renard til she figures out how to break it, but I see her working against him.  She's also going to have to deal with her strong-willed daughter.  You know-the one she conceived to sell but now dotes on.  They have muddled up Adalind's character too much:  dangerous, vengeful, stupid, maternal, victim, nerdy homeschooler.  I can't take her seriously as anything.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:14 PM, withanaich said:

That pissed me off. After they had the nerve to pretend "Oh, Hank gets a girlfriend this season!" I was hoping we might get to meet one of his ex-wives, maybe. But no, that would have been too much like right. Instead we get a(nother) missed chance for character development and unnecessary character assassination (again), nice combo. Can we get a REAL relationship for Hank?

I kiiinda hope not because, given these writers, it would inevitably lead to another baby.

• Love 2

Oh lord, you are absolutely right! Fine then, no girlfriend for Hank (*grumble*) but they should stop pretending! I don't know what makes them think we're all dying for everyone on the show to have babies. If I wanted to watch bed-hopping and baby drama, I would tune into a soap opera. If I want paternity mysteries, I'll watch Maury.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, withanaich said:

Oh lord, you are absolutely right! Fine then, no girlfriend for Hank (*grumble*) but they should stop pretending! I don't know what makes them think we're all dying for everyone on the show to have babies. If I wanted to watch bed-hopping and baby drama, I would tune into a soap opera. If I want paternity mysteries, I'll watch Maury.

To be fair, this show has circumvented the paternity mystery quandry with a foolproof method:  The father is whoever Adalind says the father is.  End of story--even if it is impossible for whoever Adalind says the father is to actually be the father....

• Love 3

Maybe instead of going back to law, Adalind should have hosted her own talk show. Every few months she can bring a new baby daddy on. "In the case of seven-month-old Kelly, Nick, you ARE the father!"

"In the case of 24 -- I mean, 120-month-old Diana, Sean, you ARE the father!"

"But we didn't even do a cheek swab..."

"And I don't even remember sleeping with you..."

"Guys, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. Hank, Wu, Monroe, you're next."

• Love 1

We have a magical ten year old that killed two people and is trying to get her parents to fuck.   We have the magic hat being smoked by not dead Juliette Eve and Nick, Hank, Wu, Monroe and Rosalie have yet to connect the dots that something may be wrong with Renard?

I dropped Once Upon a Time and Sleepy Hollow after the first three episodes of 2015/2016, because the shows were off the rails and a waste my time.  

If Grimm wants more episodes they need to close out 100 plot holes from s1 - s5 and then find new writers or at least ones that can tell a cohesive storyline.  What happened to Billy Trump and Lucien characters?!

(above taken from the spoilers thread)

You know what I wish they would do? I wish they would take the next 13 episodes to let Kouf/Greenwalt/Carpenter finish this up however they want.  Just...end it.  

Then, I wish someone like Netflix (or, more likely, Amazon) would pick it up as an "original" series with the same cast and the same location, but with a new creative team.  Find someone young and edgy--they can't be any worse than what we have now--and let this show develop outside the constraints of network guidelines and on a provider that actually cares about what is going on with this show.  I have news for you, there is no way Netflix, Amazon, or even Hulu would put up with some of the crap this show has pulled in the last 2-3 seasons.  I'm not saying there wouldn't be rape or other questionable consent scenarios, but it would be treated as such and not swept under the rug.  There would also be no tolerance for dropped story lines because the streaming services, as far as I can tell, have a high standard for their own content.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

(above taken from the spoilers thread)

You know what I wish they would do? I wish they would take the next 13 episodes to let Kouf/Greenwalt/Carpenter finish this up however they want.  Just...end it.  

Then, I wish someone like Netflix (or, more likely, Amazon) would pick it up as an "original" series with the same cast and the same location, but with a new creative team.  Find someone young and edgy--they can't be any worse than what we have now--and let this show develop outside the constraints of network guidelines and on a provider that actually cares about what is going on with this show.  I have news for you, there is no way Netflix, Amazon, or even Hulu would put up with some of the crap this show has pulled in the last 2-3 seasons.  I'm not saying there wouldn't be rape or other questionable consent scenarios, but it would be treated as such and not swept under the rug.  There would also be no tolerance for dropped story lines because the streaming services, as far as I can tell, have a high standard for their own content.

Yes!  What a wonderful idea to move Grimm over to a streaming service where they can treat it with care.  

I really enjoyed s1 of Grimm and then the show just went off the rails.  

• Love 2

From the episode thread:

Cosign!  I would love for someone to ask them point blank if they understand the concept of consent and, if so, why have they been violating it time after time on this show.  

And if they say, "It's just a show.  Get over it..."  I'll...I'll...I don't know what I'll do.  Hold my breath until I turn blue or something.

I was thinking about this lately.  The whole dialogue on consent has shifted quite a bit in the past week or so and I honestly don't know how this show can continue to treat it as it has (by completely ignoring it) in this new climate.  

That being said, I totally expect them to just ignore it.  Maybe they won't do anything questionable concerning consent in the future (but, honestly, I doubt that as well!), but I would be shocked if they actually went back an addressed the crap in the last 2 seasons (plus the last episode of season 3).  

But, if someone asks them point blank about it at a conference and they blow it off, I do think there will be some deserved consequences.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I was thinking about this lately.  The whole dialogue on consent has shifted quite a bit in the past week or so and I honestly don't know how this show can continue to treat it as it has (by completely ignoring it) in this new climate.  

That being said, I totally expect them to just ignore it.  Maybe they won't do anything questionable concerning consent in the future (but, honestly, I doubt that as well!), but I would be shocked if they actually went back an addressed the crap in the last 2 seasons (plus the last episode of season 3).  

But, if someone asks them point blank about it at a conference and they blow it off, I do think there will be some deserved consequences.

I have a feeling the writers will either blow it off or hope like hell no one at asks them about their sleazy writing.  

• Love 1
On 6/11/2016 at 6:05 PM, Darklazr said:

I have a feeling the writers will either blow it off or hope like hell no one at asks them about their sleazy writing.  

I've never been to a convention or paid much attention to press about them, so I ask, do probing questions like this often get asked?  If they do, are the answers ever much more than evasive hemming and hawing?  These writers/creators seem awfully dense and unenlightened and tone deaf to me and I wonder how much thought they will give it.  I'm guessing not much. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I've never been to a convention or paid much attention to press about them, so I ask, do probing questions like this often get asked?  If they do, are the answers ever much more than evasive hemming and hawing?  These writers/creators seem awfully dense and unenlightened and tone deaf to me and I wonder how much thought they will give it.  I'm guessing not much. 

I have never been to a convention, but you would think with all of the backlash of Adalind raping Hank and Nick, not dead Juliette Eve Renard raping Rachel and the recent rape at Stanford would make these idiots cringe at their so called writing.

I am really tired and disgusted at the constant use of sleaziness to tell a story.

• Love 1

It dawned on me today, that we never saw any scenes between Renard and his father King Frederick, Nick and Viktor, or Nick and King Frederick.  Adalind had more scenes with Renard's family and she lived at the castle, so my wishlist is as that we could go back and have those scenes.