Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

I read that article and the part where they say "something devastating happens", I have this feeling....someway, somehow, that Juliette is going to be turned into a Wesen! Maybe bitten or something similar?

Probably a crazy idea but that's my theory lol.

(edited)

The good news is that Teresa will be back. Unfortunately, both Greenwalt and Giuntoli sound delusional and I am not impressed by their hints for next season. Again, I don't buy for a second that Greenwalt has a clue what those keys are about, but hopefully he will come up with something half way decent by the time the scripts are written.

http://tvline.com/2014/05/16/grimm-season-4-teasers-david-giuntoli-david-greenwalt-nick-loses-power/

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

In this week's episode, we finally meet Captain Renard's mother. Trubel's "troubling" past is also featured in the episode. Also, not everyone is sad that Nick isn't a Grimm anymore. Bonus: Adalind's plan doesn't go so well. Also, Nick and Adalind are going to get very close... arguably closer than in the last season finale.

I'm guessing from this that the speculation about Adalind being pregnant with Nick's baby may be true.  No, just no.

Source:  http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/raina-reveals-exclusive-spoilers-and_31.html?m=1

Edited by stacey
Removing spoiler tags; these are not necessary in the Spoiler topic

What could it be?  It's way past time for no more Clueless Wu, but now I'm left wondering what the result will be...

Remember how Hank sorta easily accepted the fact that Wesen exist? Don’t expect the same reaction from Wu, portrayer Reggie Lee says, even once the sergeant has fully absorbed the idea. “How he deals with it now, and how [the gang] deal with him, is going to flesh out the next several episodes,” Lee tells TVLine, adding, “It’s so unlike anybody else that has gone through this situation on the show.”

http://tvline.com/2015/01/13/castle-the-wrong-stuff-season-7-mars-space-spoilers/

Edited by stacey
Removing spoiler tags; not needed in dedicated Spoiler topic

Taken from the "Trial by Fire" ep thread:

And sigh, another pregnancy. Is it at all possible it was just an overly-clever way of suggesting Juliette is her "child" because the consequences of her spell led to the creation of a new hexenbiest? I know, I'm flailing wildly.

The whole thing just reeks of fermented crap.  Here are the possibilities I've come up with:

1 - Adalind is pregnant with Nick and Juliette's  baby from when she had switcheroo sex as Juliette with him (although one would think she would be significantly pregnant by now if that were the case)

2 - Adalind is pregnant with her and Nick's baby from the above switcheroo sex session (again, she would probably be like 8 months pregnant now)

3 - Juliette is pregnant with Adalind and Nick's baby from her switcheroo sex session as Adalind

4 - Diana's "ghost twin" is emerging

5 - Henrietta decides that Nick can cure Juliette by having switcheroo sex with Adalind, resulting in a child

6 - The previously unknown Wesen Stockalatus will show up and start distributing babies

7 - The quoted scenario.

NONE of these are good options.  I'm hoping that there is some sort of bizarre red herring in that preview because, if not, I fear Adalind's baby may turn out to be a shark.

• Love 2

I am hoping it's the quoted scenario^^^ that Juliette will be like Adalinds baby because she is a new hexenbiest. Another pregnancy would be just too much right now. There's still a big storyline going on with the first baby.

What worries me is that there were those episodes were Juliette was having pregnancy symptoms but... maybe those were just indications that she was turning into a Hexenbiest.

I'm upset we have to wait five weeks to find out!

What worries me is that there were those episodes were Juliette was having pregnancy symptoms but... maybe those were just indications that she was turning into a Hexenbiest.

Fortunately, she told Rosalee that she took several pregnancy tests and they came back negative, so I think that's off the table.

• Love 1

Posted this in the Trial By Fire thread:

When Bree Turner got pregnant in S2, Rosalee didn't get pregnant, the writers just put her on a bus and sent her to live with her aunt for the first half of the season. Not sure why the writers would have Adalind getting pregnant again just because Claire Coffee is pregnant instead of hiding it like what they did with Rosalee.

Shoehorning that into the season would be horrible, not to mention possibly screw up the the writers' previous plans for the ENTIRE season. To me, Adalind getting pregnant AGAIN but this time with Nick's baby is coming dangerously close to jumping the shark for me. I hated how the baby drama took over season 3, and is still around over this season too. Hopefully this will turn out to be another fakeout!

Surely if Adalind is actually pregnant again, then the baby has to be Victor's right?  I mean certainly enough time has passed since her "encounter" with Nick that she would have had to have noticed a pregnancy by now?   Also I'm sure the show runners are classy enough to realize that sticking Nick with what is essentially a rape baby is not a remotely cool storyline idea?  Right?  Please tell me I am right...because otherwise this is not a show I'm sure I really want to watch.

Edited by Xenith22
  • Love 1

Adalind being pregnant WOULD require some major twisting by the writers. Her "encounter" with Nick happened in the Spring (May in the "real world") and while time sometimes travels at a different rate on TV shows, we at least know that we're past Christmas in this show--so, at the very least, she'd have to be 6-7 months pregnant.

I don't know if she's ever slept with Viktor. He's made hints that he would not be averse to the idea, but I don't think it has ever come to pass.

Adalind being pregnant WOULD require some major twisting by the writers. Her "encounter" with Nick happened in the Spring (May in the "real world") and while time sometimes travels at a different rate on TV shows, we at least know that we're past Christmas in this show--so, at the very least, she'd have to be 6-7 months pregnant.

I really hope it's not Nick's kid. It would bring additional drama that's not at all necessary for the story at this point in time. 

I don't know if she's ever slept with Viktor. He's made hints that he would not be averse to the idea, but I don't think it has ever come to pass.

Maybe it's a second royal baby? I know Claire Coffee is pregnant but I just don't know what that would bring to the story at this point in time. 

When I heard of Adalind's pregnancy, I was more angry that it probably means that she'll be around longer now. I really wanted Juliette to kill her by the end of the season- I'm tired of her. Then I started to wonder how Adalind got pregnant. I didn't remember her sleeping with anyone. I never even thought of Nick. I think it would be a TERRIBLE idea for this to be Nicks kid.

There's SO much to think about. Will Nick want to give up his own child- or keep it even though the woman having his child has pretty much tried to kill everyone he loves? Will the baby be half Hexenbiest? Adalind will still want her 1st born daughter- how will that work? Those are just a few questions- there are a lot more. In that mess, there's just no room for Juliette. Also- Juliette has gone through so much since Nick realized he's a Grimm. Any other woman would've ran away a long time ago- but she stayed. Adalind having Nick's baby may be the last straw for Juliette though. I would hate that- I love Nick & Juliette together.

• Love 3

Not sure if this is an actual spoiler, but I thought this would be the most appropriate place to put this. I just read that the show runners have confirmed that Trubel (and Kelly) will be back at the end of the season.

http://tinyurl.com/ke59cqw

Personally, I hope that she does not become a series regular.  I was apparently in the minority in that I did not love this character--I'd be fine if she were a character who came and went, like Kelly, but I don't think this show could handle two Grimms.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 3

I had a thought that the clip we saw was misleading, that Henrietta wasn't telling Adalind that she currently was pregnant, just telling her to give up on the search for Diana because she would have another baby at some point in the future.

I am clinging to this faint hope.

• Love 3

I'm thrilled Trubel and Kelly are coming back love both of them. I wonder if Trubel could be Marie's daughter? She could have had a one night stand and put the baby up for adoption.

While it would be interesting if Trubel was Marie's kid- I REALLY hope she's not. IF we see Marie's kid- I'd rather the writers take the opportunity to (somehow) bring in another Grimm. Maybe another boy/guy. The problem is that it was kind of a coincidence that Nick found Trubel- another Grimm. I don't know if they could kind of just drop another Grimm in Nick's lap without it being stupid.

I really hope when Trubel does return, she stays for a while. I don't think she should've ever left. I like her a lot.

• Love 1

Not sure if this is an actual spoiler, but I thought this would be the most appropriate place to put this. I just read that the show runners have confirmed that Trubel (and Kelly) will be back at the end of the season.

http://tinyurl.com/ke59cqw

Personally, I hope that she does not become a series regular.  I was apparently in the minority in that I did not love this character--I'd be fine if she were a character who came and went, like Kelly, but I don't think this show could handle two Grimms.

Oh no. I hated the character. I was hoping we'd never see her again.

Then again, we are talking about a show where there are a variety of races of creatures that form the basis for humans' fairy tales, people who've turned into zombies, witches who cast nefarious spells, a race/family of individuals who can see and dispatch those beasts, and a magical spice shop that can cure anything, so a little time-waggling on a pregnancy is not exactly out of the realm of possibility.

Then again, we are talking about a show where there are a variety of races of creatures that form the basis for humans' fairy tales, people who've turned into zombies, witches who cast nefarious spells, a race/family of individuals who can see and dispatch those beasts, and a magical spice shop that can cure anything, so a little time-waggling on a pregnancy is not exactly out of the realm of possibility.

I would agree with that except that Adalind has already had one normal(ish) timed pregnancy.  So, unless Grimm's have special time-release sperm, I don't know how the writers could sell that Adalind is pregnant from her encounter with Nick.

• Love 1

So, unless Grimms have special time-release sperm, I don't know how the writers could sell that Adalind is pregnant from her encounter with Nick.

Well, Nick was a zombie, and we've seen how his bodily functions can be barely measurable, so maybe zombie sperm were involved. Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 3

Well, Nick was a zombie, and we've seen how his bodily functions can be barely measurable, so maybe zombie sperm were involved.

Ahhh!  Good point....maybe it will be hexen-grimm-zombie baby.

I wish we had a speculation thread here, but I guess this is the best place.  I have a feeling this baby thing will be more complicated than Adalind being pregnant with Nick and Juliette's baby or Juliette being pregnant with Nick and Adalind's baby or whatever.  I think, somehow, the writers are trying to unite Nick and Adalind to de-hexen Juliette (let's face it, Adalind probably wants Juliette back to normal as much as Nick does).  Whatever it is, though, I'm sure it will be convoluted and crazy.

Drat.  I don't want to see anyone gone.  Even though Juliette is my least favorite, that's more due to acting than the actual character and I don't want her killed off.   Adalind does seem more logical given making Juliette a hexenbiest, but with my luck it'll probably be Hank or Wu.

I wouldn't want to see any major character killed off, either.  But if it has to be, then Adalind.  It has always been hinted/stated that the royals would have no use for the mother, only the baby, so once Victor gets the baby away from Kelly, if that happens, then she could be toast.  Or if Kelly could be considered a major character, then maybe she dies protecting Diana.

(edited)

I figure the major characters (according to IMDB) are: Nick, Hank, Juliette, Monroe, Renard, Rosalee, Wu, and Adalind.  We KNOW they won't kill off Nick and I can't see any way they could kill off Renard and keep all their various arcs going.  Monroe is as close to the heart of this show without actually being Nick, so I'm pretty sure he's safe and Roselee serves a concrete purpose (special medical Wessen knowledge) so I'm sure she'll stay around.  I think they might be stacking to look like it might be Juliette, but my guess is that if Juliette is involved in this killing, she's much more likely to be on the responsible than the receiving end.  (Plus, I doubt the actress is going anywhere considering her personal relationship status).  That leaves Hank, Wu, and Adalind.  My heart would break if they got rid of Wu....and I would definitely shed a tear or two for Hank, but I think he's much more likely to go.  Wu has proven to be a much more useful non-Grimm sidekick to Nick.

That, of course, leaves Adalind.  As I've said on several threads, I really feel that her character has run its course and is now operating on fumes. Plus, the actress may not want to spend her motherhood days over here in Portland--especially when her musician husband travels so much. And she must realize that her talents are being wasted here.  The character has gone off the tracks and how many episodes have there been lately where she had maybe 1 or 2 scenes at most?  Claire Coffee may just no longer want to be on this show.

So, if i had to put my money anywhere, I'd go for Adalind.

If TPTB have a different definition of "major characters" and include Kelly or Trubel in it, that might change things.

Edited by OtterMommy

I think I'd prefer that if somebody left/died, it would be Hank.  At this point Hank hasn't had a storyline outside of being Nick's partner since the middle of Season 3.

(edited)

I seriously hope it is Adalind, I would cheer if she died! She serves no purpose on the show and I often fast-forward her scenes.

I can see Wu, Juliette or Hank dying to serve as a reason that Nick goes "dark" grimm. Which would be interesting to watch. And a great set up for next season.

Nick, Rosalee and Monroe should be safe since they are the heart of the show. The show can't go on without any of these three characters.

Renard, I honestly could careless if he lived or died, but I doubt they'd kill him.

As for recurring characters, Kelly and Theressa that is kind of a cop out and I would be sad to see them go.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 1

I think it will be Adalind, Hank or Wu too. Out of those 3 I'd like to see Wu stay the most, so he's probably gonna bite it.

I'll agree with that somewhat.  However, as you look at the characters, Adalind has her rivalry with Juliette, her baby storyline and she's also the viewpoint character to let us see situations with the Royals.  Wu is new to the team, still processing the whole weirdness stuff and could go obsessive at some point.  Plus his deadpan cynicism is a joy to watch.  Hank's role used to be that of Nick's cop mentor but lately I'm really struggling to remember a situation where he was truly important to the story.

(edited)

I'll agree with that somewhat.  However, as you look at the characters, Adalind has her rivalry with Juliette, her baby storyline and she's also the viewpoint character to let us see situations with the Royals.  Wu is new to the team, still processing the whole weirdness stuff and could go obsessive at some point.  Plus his deadpan cynicism is a joy to watch.  Hank's role used to be that of Nick's cop mentor but lately I'm really struggling to remember a situation where he was truly important to the story.

I'm rethinking my original prediction that it will be Adalind...although I still hope it is...and now I'm leaning more towards it being Hank.  The writers on this show do a pretty good job writing "different" characters--a reformed Blutbad, a Fuchsbau apothecary, a Royal/Zauberbiest captain who plays all sides against each other--even a sarcastic Sergeant who has a questionable relationship with is cat.  While they made Adalind more annoying than interesting, they still did SOMETHING with her.  But, once they get out of that area, they have less luck.  They didn't do anything with Juliette until they made her a hexenbiest (which I really hope is temporary) and even Nick is frequently dull.  Hank--they've done NOTHING with him for pretty much the entire series and getting rid of him would allow Nick to "go darker" without really upsetting any of the existing storylines.  And remember...that was the spoiler: a major character would be killed and the show would get darker.  I can't see Nick going darker if Adalind were to be the one killed.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

I could see it being Adalind simply because Claire Coffee is pregnant IRL and may want extended time off.

Which, since I'm usually wrong about these things, means it will be Wu and I will be sad. :-)

• Love 1

I looked up Hornsby & Coffee on imdb and neither is involved in any new project.  (Unless you count Coffee having a baby...)  Yeah, they can kill off Adalind, Coffee can be a mommy for a while & then her Evil Twin can show up.  Or would that be her Virtuous Twin?  Y'know, that would be a way to cleanse the evil of Adalind & still keep Coffee around as a character.

• Love 1

I looked up Hornsby & Coffee on imdb and neither is involved in any new project.  (Unless you count Coffee having a baby...)  Yeah, they can kill off Adalind, Coffee can be a mommy for a while & then her Evil Twin can show up.  Or would that be her Virtuous Twin?  Y'know, that would be a way to cleanse the evil of Adalind & still keep Coffee around as a character.

Interesting idea, but I think we never heard that Adalind's mother having two daughters nor her being a sister (which I think would have been brought up at least once throughout the series). So, the introduction of Adalind's long lost twin sister, who is good and has no ties whatsoever to the Royals, would be a far stretch, IMO. 

Although, maybe Adalind could be cloned or maybe is summed from a parallel universe?

As with my prediction of who is going to kick the bucket (and, for all we know this death is so totally over hyped and the character going would not be a regular character at all, but...) I would say it is between Renard (and yes, I will guess Renard because we do know that the spell his mother used was only good once and now he is bleeding again!) or Adalind. 

My choice would be Adalind and/or Renard. Because everything about the whole Royals storyline can just die already.

If Renard died, that would potentially allow Hank to get promoted to Captain.  That could be an interesting story for him - trying to keep the Grimm stuff covered and dealing with the factions vying to be the new "Prince of Portland."

• Love 2

My choice would be Adalind and/or Renard. Because everything about the whole Royals storyline can just die already.

amen. I really don't care about them (the royals) and would prefer it stays in Europe and they never waste time on the show again.

amen. I really don't care about them (the royals) and would prefer it stays in Europe and they never waste time on the show again.

I'm fine with the Royals being gone, but I do want them replaced as a threat by something else.  I really don't want the show to become "Oh, look, yet another super, super rare Wesen has come to/settled in Portland.  Again."

I'm okay with the Royals sticking around, but only if they're going to be consistently relevant as antagonists and threats to those in Portland.

I hope they don't kill anyone.  I hate it when shows kill off characters to "go dark" or "shake things up" or whatever other excuse, because it usually leaves the show weaker with holes in the character interaction.

That said, I figure Nick is safe as the lead.  Rosalee is exposition queen, so she would be safe.  Monroe is probably the biggest fan favorite on the show so I doubt they would kill him.  Hank and Wu are probably safe because killing off your minority characters is bad publicity.  Juliette is probably safe since she's got the whole hexenbiest storyline going, and given some of the promos, killing her would be way too obvious.

That leaves Renard and Adelind.  Renard is a connection to the royals and survived death once already, but he still doesn't have much to do.  Adelind would be the easiest, she's been disconnected from the rest of the cast for much of the season, and it feels like the character has overstayed her welcome.  I would hate to lose Claire Coffee though.  But they have established with the potions that someone else could end up looking like her permanantly, so Claire Coffee could remain in the cast, if Adelind is killed.

If Renard died, that would potentially allow Hank to get promoted to Captain.  That could be an interesting story for him - trying to keep the Grimm stuff covered and dealing with the factions vying to be the new "Prince of Portland."

That's actually an interesting idea. Wu is promoted to detective and becomes Nick's new partner.

• Love 3

I'm fine with the Royals being gone, but I do want them replaced as a threat by something else.  I really don't want the show to become "Oh, look, yet another super, super rare Wesen has come to/settled in Portland.  Again."

I'm okay with the Royals sticking around, but only if they're going to be consistently relevant as antagonists and threats to those in Portland.

I'm in the same boat--I'm fine with the Royals, although I'd like to know what they are "royal of."  Last I checked, Austria wasn't a monarchy and hadn't been for quite some time.  There were principalities galore in Germany until the mid to late 19th century, but none of them were especially powerful.  Anyway, my problem is not with the Royals--it is with Adalind and her quest for the baby she loves so much that she sold her for her own personal gain.

In other spoiler-ish news, although this isn't much of a spoiler, I saw this on twitter today:

https://twitter.com/Orsonb63/status/573733912347697152

So far, TPTB are a little over confident in their "shocking" and "unbelievable" twists, but it does look like something season-ending-worthy is in the works.

I'm in the same boat--I'm fine with the Royals, although I'd like to know what they are "royal of."  Last I checked, Austria wasn't a monarchy and hadn't been for quite some time.  There were principalities galore in Germany until the mid to late 19th century, but none of them were especially powerful.  Anyway, my problem is not with the Royals--it is with Adalind and her quest for the baby she loves so much that she sold her for her own personal gain.

In other spoiler-ish news, although this isn't much of a spoiler, I saw this on twitter today:

https://twitter.com/Orsonb63/status/573733912347697152

So far, TPTB are a little over confident in their "shocking" and "unbelievable" twists, but it does look like something season-ending-worthy is in the works.

I really do hate it when shows start to go "dark and gritty". To me, that is the most annoying thing a show can do. I do believe that there are some genuine "dark moments"  on all shows, but I really do just want a decent show that isn't relying on the "dark and gritty" ploy to suck in more viewers, *cough* SGU *cough* (which, I view is happening on Grimm by killing off a character). I can see an actor/actress leaving or a  tiring to move the story along or even an irl death of a cast member, but trying to use a death to become more "dark and gritty" is IMO absurd. To mention that I already consider Grimm to a dark show. I mean its about humans (or monsters) that can morph, at will, and some of them have killed others. They had a spider lady that has to kill all of her victims or else she will age super fast, there were also the mermaids, that can only procreate with human males (while the male mermaids would kill the human males once they were done having sex), etc...

• Love 3
(edited)

I really do hate it when shows start to go "dark and gritty". To me, that is the most annoying thing a show can do. I do believe that there are some genuine "dark moments"  on all shows, but I really do just want a decent show that isn't relying on the "dark and gritty" ploy to suck in more viewers, *cough* SGU *cough* (which, I view is happening on Grimm by killing off a character). I can see an actor/actress leaving or a  tiring to move the story along or even an irl death of a cast member, but trying to use a death to become more "dark and gritty" is IMO absurd. To mention that I already consider Grimm to a dark show. I mean its about humans (or monsters) that can morph, at will, and some of them have killed others. They had a spider lady that has to kill all of her victims or else she will age super fast, there were also the mermaids, that can only procreate with human males (while the male mermaids would kill the human males once they were done having sex), etc...

I agree completely.  This show is already what I consider "dark" so the idea of it going darker makes me very uneasy.  I suppose there could be ways to do it, if they stayed within the previously established boundaries of characters and storylines.  For example, I could see it going darker if something happened to Hank or Juliette (let's face it, it would probably be Hank), likely at the hands of Adalind, and Nick went after her.  That would make sense in terms of the show that has already been created.  However, Juliette--who has never been shown to have a mean bone in her body--suddenly turned on Nick and went on a rampage? That may lead me to turn off this show for good.

And, speaking of darker, one thing just as bad--and where I am afraid it is going--is soapy.  I suppose we'll find out next week what the situation of Adalind's next baby really is, but I really hope that preview was one heck of a red herring.  Because Adalind or Juliette pregnant with a baby of some sort of 3 way parentage is just too, too much...even for this show of people morphing into monsters.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 3

I agree completely.  This show is already what I consider "dark" so the idea of it going darker makes me very uneasy.  I suppose there could be ways to do it, if they stayed within the previously established boundaries of characters and storylines.  For example, I could see it going darker if something happened to Hank or Juliette (let's face it, it would probably be Hank), likely at the hands of Adalind, and Nick went after her.  That would make sense in terms of the show that has already been created.  However, Juliette--who has never been shown to have a mean bone in her body--suddenly turned on Nick and went on a rampage? That may lead me to turn off this show for good.

And, speaking of darker, one thing just as bad--and where I am afraid it is going--is soapy.  I suppose we'll find out next week what the situation of Adalind's next baby really is, but I really hope that preview was one heck of a red herring.  Because Adalind or Juliette pregnant with a baby of some sort of 3 way parentage is just too, too much...even for this show of people morphing into monsters.

Agreed on the "dark" part.  The thing I liked most about this show was the way Nick was specifically not the whole "I am the Grimm Avenger who grimly seeks vengeance and I will have my grim revenge!"

As far as Adalind, Juliette and Nick must raise Nick's baby, I'm almost okay with it if it produces a "Three's Company" themed nightmare that mimics that show's opening song and credits but ends with Adalind and Juliette morphing into hexenbiests and tearing Nick to bloody shreds.

• Love 1

I just had a terrible thought about Hank dying and Nick becoming an alcoholic sorting out how to get revenge, while Adalind and evil Juilette cackle in the background.

Do we know that this is a permanent death? Because "death" may not be forever for a hexenbiest, depending on how she's killed and what rituals might be done to revive her, so it could be a maternity leave temporary death. We have seen hexenbiests end up dead-dead before, but they were killed by mortal means rather than magic, and they hadn't given birth to magic hexenroyalbabies after undergoing all kinds of crazy rituals.