Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

I am glad to read that Teresa is returning. I had hoped that she would become a regular cast member. I just hope that the actress is not pregnant or no doubt unimaginative Grimm writers will subject us to yet another pregnancy.

well - (living in Portland) yesterday I spotted that they were filming outside the house on Prescott st that Juliette fictitiously owns. First, I saw that there were dozens of Universal studios trucks and equipment being set up in the surrounding blocks that afternoon. They were getting two cherry picker lifts ready with cameras both in the block down the hill, and to the east of her house.  Later around 7pm when it was about to get dark, they had shut off traffic on two blocks of Prescott and there were a lot of people at the intersection staging something. Most of them were camera crew, and it is impressive how many people are involved. It can make you feel forgiving about minor illogical plot points that the writers struggle with. I bet they were filming night scenes outside, and nothing inside the house. They must have to rehearse each minor scene several times, with regards to how people stand and move around, and it involved a full day of setting up these cameras and lights. They also have to think in advance of where they will go around town.  If the season is almost over, are they starting on the subsequent season? Could they really be finishing a part for a show in two weeks? Anyway, they're fairly relaxed about the people in the neighborhood and I saw people jogging along the sidewalk and a homeless person carrying his bindle full of aluminum cans through their scene and nobody shouted orders at them.

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 2

well - (living in Portland) yesterday I spotted that they were filming outside the house on Prescott st that Juliette fictitiously owns. First, I saw that there were dozens of Universal studios trucks and equipment being set up in the surrounding blocks that afternoon. They were getting two cherry picker lifts ready with cameras both in the block down the hill, and to the east of her house.  Later around 7pm when it was about to get dark, they had shut off traffic on two blocks of Prescott and there were a lot of people at the intersection staging something. Most of them were camera crew, and it is impressive how many people are involved. It can make you feel forgiving about minor illogical plot points that the writers struggle with. I bet they were filming night scenes outside, and nothing inside the house. They must have to rehearse each minor scene several times, with regards to how people stand and move around, and it involved a full day of setting up these cameras and lights. They also have to think in advance of where they will go around town.  If the season is almost over, are they starting on the subsequent season? Could they really be finishing a part for a show in two weeks? Anyway, they're fairly relaxed about the people in the neighborhood and I saw people jogging along the sidewalk and a homeless person carrying his bindle full of aluminum cans through their scene and nobody shouted orders at them.

Yesterday was the last day of filming (although some of the actors have already finished up for the season, both Sasha Roiz and David Giuntoli have been done for several days),  From what I understand from Bitsie Tulloch's IG and Twitter feeds, they were filming exterior shots of the house with Juliette.

Promo photos from 4.20:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/grimm-episode-420-you-dont-know-jack.html

It looks like Juliette does indeed go a little pyro at the trailer--which is actually not a bad thing, story wise.  Other than the vials of dried toad skin and Siegborst Gift and, of course, the super soaker, they don't really need the trailer at this point.  They are having much better luck going to Monroe and Rosalee to identify Wesen and  getting rid of the trailer, it keeps those two character more in the loop.

But, on the other hand, it is a supremely cruel thing to do to Nick on a personal level--that was the one connection he had with his heritage AND the only thing he had left from his Aunt Marie.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

Promo photos from 4.20:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/grimm-episode-420-you-dont-know-jack.html

It looks like Juliette does indeed go a little pyro at the trailer--which is actually not a bad thing, story wise.  Other than the vials of dried toad skin and Siegborst Gift and, of course, the super soaker, they don't really need the trailer at this point.  They are having much better luck going to Monroe and Rosalee to identify Wesen and  getting rid of the trailer, it keeps those two character more in the loop.

But, on the other hand, it is a supremely cruel thing to do to Nick on a personal level--that was the one connection he had with his heritage AND the only thing he had left from his Aunt Marie.

I don't need any more reasons to dislike Juliette at this point, but this one would take the cake.  The trailer is intensely meaningful to Nick and it is a historical archive going back through the centuries and continents.  Nick was way too casual about protecting it, though he never thought Juliette would be one he would have to protect it from. 

• Love 4

i am sorry but i know they lost me tonight ...the trailer, the historical perspective, the vast amounts of information lost, really means the show can never be anything but more soap opera drama ...and thats just not me ...sorry writers but i will not even finish out the season.

i am sorry but i know they lost me tonight ...the trailer, the historical perspective, the vast amounts of information lost, really means the show can never be anything but more soap opera drama ...and thats just not me ...sorry writers but i will not even finish out the season.

They just had to get rid of something that had full of answers after meandering for 4 seasons.

I can't believe they destroyed that trailer and all its gorgeous and valuable historical artifacts. I don't care if Juliette is being influenced by hexen nastiness as a consequence of a spell gone bad. She can't come back from this. Based on the promo and spoilers, I'm worried she forces Nick to shoot someone.

Edited by chrisvee

Okay, with recent developments, how do you think the spoiler that someone (2 people?) will die.  Here is how I see the characters' chances:

Nick - Nope, they aren't going to kill of their main character.  I mean, technically they already did that once so I hope they wouldn't do it again (but then...Adalind's pregnant again....)

Juliette - BT has mentioned coming back to Portland in a few months to start work on Season 5, so if she does die she will somehow be resurrected.  Sorry folks, Juliette isn't going anywhere.

Monroe - I don't think he's going to be in good shape at the finale, but I don't think he'll be dead.  

Rosalee - Well, I guess she's a possibility, but I just don't see it happening

Hank - I still think he's one of the more likely to bite it, simply because he can be removed from the story line pretty easily.

Wu - More likely than Nick, Juliette, Monroe, or Rosalee, but unlike Hank, he is actually useful now.  He probably knows more about Wesen than Nick does at this point.  I mean, Nick would go to the trailer when he needed to find things out.  In the early episodes, there were a couple of scenes where Nick was doing some reading just to gather information, but for most of the last 4 years, he only hits the books when he needs a specific bit of information and then leaves.  And Hank, well, he just sort of tags along.  Wu, however, actually goes there to study and we've already had one incident where Wu could identify a Wesen than Nick had not yet encountered.

Renard - It's possible, but I think he'll end up being the serial killer that the last 3 episodes will focus on.  I think the bleeding bullet wounds indicate something other than his death.

Adalind - As much as I like Claire Coffee, this would be my choice, but I just don't think it is going to happen.  Sigh......

Kelly - The most likely in my book.  She's the target of the Royals--and by extension, Juliette--and Adalind.  I read a speculation that the season will end with Adalind betraying everyone to get Diana, which will lead to Kelly's death.  Interesting, especially since the writers are trying so hard to paint Adalind as a damsel in distress.  There is also the small matter of Mary Elizabeth Mastontonio, or however you spell, being cast in a pilot for another show.  Of course, that show has not yet had a pick up and, even if it did, she could probably still pull off the 2 or so episodes of Grimm each season, but the powers that be like to have their actors available.

Trubel - Nope.  Not going to happen--it would be pointless to kill her off.  Other than being a friend to Nick and being a rather inexperienced Grimm, she isn't really valuable to the antagonists.

Bud - Please, please, please NO!  I feel I have to beg because, after they torched the trailer, I know that sweet Bud is not safe.  I'm hoping the fact that the fans pretty much adore him will keep him safe.

Kenneth - I would LOVE that.  He's just another pointless and interchangeable Royal, but an especially annoying one.

Hmmm, did I miss anyone?

I wish we had a poll function here to keep track of people's predictions!

Edited by OtterMommy

I think Kelly and Kenneth are most likely.  Nick can go really dark.  Kelly is never on-screen anyway.  The idea of Renard being the serial killer, very interesting.  He has been increasingly violent and out of control.  How would that resolve?  He can't stay a police captain. Not in my Grimm-verse anyway.

Maybe Adalind and her baby?  That would be two.  I'm not saying I want this, but I also don't want to deal with a baby.

I am very fearful that the writers are going to find a way to make the baby Juliette's as a side effect of the body swapping sex ....... and I, for one, would be very sad if we lost Adalind.  I haven't like what the writers did to the character - but I've enjoyed her enough to want to keep her around a bit longer (especially if she returns to season one and two form).

Juliette cannot depart the show fast enough for my taste.

• Love 4

I'm thinking it's Kelly as Kenneth was as subtle as a dropping anvil in his conversation with Juliette.

I don't think the powers-that-be have the guts to kill of Juliette (though I wish they would).

Exactly, this series has been relatively predictable.

And who knows if that pic was Julliette seducing Mr. Royal. She could be holding him down to bitch at him and maybe blame him for something.

Nope, that's only reserved for Nick and the gang who's there to get walked all over every time they try to support or help her.

According to TV Guide during the season finale Nick will seek revenge on the Royals. I hope this doesn't mean Kelly dies.

You know that is exactly what is going to happen; Kenneth's less than subtle conversation was a dead give away.

https://youtu.be/QAN3s1IO7Yk

https://youtu.be/El0dnCohjq8

Two new previews for 4.20.

Not wild at all about either of these...it looks like Adalind is being sainted by the writers.

However, when she "tests" the cure, wouldn't that subdue her biestness?  I guess there are 2 ways to look at that.  One - she could really value her life over her powers and is willing to give the latter up to protect the former.  Then, we're set up for Nick protecting her from here on out and my Friday nights are suddenly free.  

-Or-

Two - Adalind lied about what this potion was supposed to do and, if both Adalind and Juliette drink it, they will somehow be bonded together and form a super villain.  This could be really bad or really awesome...and a fabulous way for Adalind to exact revenge (yet again) on Nick...and get her baby back.

I think number 2 is by far the better outcome (even if it sets up more baby drama...this time Nick is looking for his son...).  And, as I said before, if TPTB try to ship Nick with his rapist, I am outta here....

Interesting previews.  Nick mentions "according to the books".   Is he working from memory, or???   And what pregnant woman swallows potions/poisons/foul tasting concoctions?  Or do hexenbiests not have placentas like regular humans?  Sadly there really are human pregnant women who ingest all kinds of bad junk.

Interesting previews.  Nick mentions "according to the books".   Is he working from memory, or???   And what pregnant woman swallows potions/poisons/foul tasting concoctions?  Or do hexenbiests not have placentas like regular humans?  Sadly there really are human pregnant women who ingest all kinds of bad junk.

I thought that as well about her being pregnant and drinking corpse juice.  But, hey, she drank wine the entire time she was pregnant the first time....

• Love 1

I've always thought Nick and Adalind have chemistry. And she showed redemption potential when she was on the road with that revolutionary dude while pregnant with Diana. Adalind minus some of her beisteness might be ok in my book.

• Love 2

I've always thought Nick and Adalind have chemistry. And she showed redemption potential when she was on the road with that revolutionary dude while pregnant with Diana. Adalind minus some of her beisteness might be ok in my book.

I actually don't deny that there is chemistry there.  However, I just don't understand why entertainment thinks that rape is a minor crime.  Yes, this was a rape of a man, which is rarely seen on TV.  And it wasn't violent--in fact, Nick wasn't exactly complaining afterwards. But, Nick never consented to have sex with Adalind and Adalind made sure the sex happened.  If you boil it down to that, it was rape.

If the writers had found some other way for Adalind to de-Grimm Nick, I would have no problem with them getting together.  Yet, the writers chose to go the sensationalistic route without any thought of what they were actually doing and they seem to have blown the whole thing off with no consequences (well, other than Adalind's time-release pregnancy and having to go through a ritual which made Juliette a hexenbiest).  No one has ever really held Adalind accountable for what she did.

• Love 5

I actually don't deny that there is chemistry there.  However, I just don't understand why entertainment thinks that rape is a minor crime.  Yes, this was a rape of a man, which is rarely seen on TV.  And it wasn't violent--in fact, Nick wasn't exactly complaining afterwards. But, Nick never consented to have sex with Adalind and Adalind made sure the sex happened.  If you boil it down to that, it was rape.

A thousand Likes on this; it was the gang-rape of Jason by the panther hillbillies in True Blood- played for frickin' laughs by Alan Ball, apparently- that had me turn off that show for good. It's so troubling how often shows will play up the serious trauma of their characters- male or female- as some badge of honor, or easy emotional vein to tap in manipulating the audience.  The worst is when a couple of seasons later, the characters are buddy-buddy, as if any amount of water under the bridge would make you forget someone who tried to rape or kill you.  The tiny credit I'll give Grimm is that at least no one has shown a hint of "Eh, Adalind's okay, just misunderstood".  Well... so far, at least...

• Love 6

Rape is such a serious thing and that word should not be said lightly. I am not saying you guys are doing that but lately people have been saying that about almost every TV show that I feel like it loses it's power when the situation calls for it...like that Jason gang rape on True Blood. 

I think Adalind was deceptive in what she did to Nick but I don't think it was rape. In the eyes of the Portland law, it is not one of the criteria they use to define rape as well. So, I am not going to stand here and blame Adalind for violating Nick's right when in season 1, Nick violent kissed Adalind against her will. I guess that was fine because she was evil, right? She should have filled charge against him then. No one innocent here. 

(edited)

Rape is such a serious thing and that word should not be said lightly. I am not saying you guys are doing that but lately people have been saying that about almost every TV show that I feel like it loses it's power when the situation calls for it...like that Jason gang rape on True Blood. 

I think Adalind was deceptive in what she did to Nick but I don't think it was rape. In the eyes of the Portland law, it is not one of the criteria they use to define rape as well. So, I am not going to stand here and blame Adalind for violating Nick's right when in season 1, Nick violent kissed Adalind against her will. I guess that was fine because she was evil, right? She should have filled charge against him then. No one innocent here. 

I don't agree.   First off, what Adalind did to Nick fits the dictionary definition of rape: (from websters)

unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

I said earlier that Nick didn't seem to upset about it--and he didn't, at first.  Once, however, he knew that it had been Adalind, it was quite clear that he realized the gravity of what had happened.  No, there was no "force" involved, but that isn't necessary for it to be rape.  But, as I said, Nick never gave consent to have sex with Adalind.  You can't get much clearer than that.

We could also go into how Adalind did roofie-like magic on Hank to get him to sleep with her.....  Also rape.

Of course, by that definition, it could be argued that what Nick did to Adalind was also rape except for the fact that it was not "sexual penetration."  There was nothing sexual in what he did when he stuck his tongue in her throat--he did it only so that she would bite him hard enough to draw blood. And, they had been going toe-to-toe in a very physical, very violent fight and Adalind was giving it as good as she was getting it.  I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that Adalind may have killed Nick (or Nick may have truly killed Adalind) if the fight had continued.

I agree that rape is a very serious thing--which is why I am very disappointed in how this show is handling it.  I don't think that those of us who have a problem with this are bandying around "rape" casually. In fact, I think we are doing quite the opposite.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 3

Just to play devil's advocate, Nick did penetrate her body with the express purpose of sharing bodily fluids so...

Television has always played fast and loose with rape. When Luke and Laura became THE romantic couple on TV years ago I gave up all hope. That was a violent rape and they ended up happily married. Rape has been romanticised in not only TV but a hella lot of romance books. If women are buying and enjoying them how the hell do we expect male writers to get it right.

• Love 1

I think this season has to end in Juliette's death. Everything seems to be leading towards a Buffylike ending where Nick has to sacrifice her. Is there any chance that Juliette has accepted already that the only way this can end well for Nick is with her death and she's setting this up deliberately so Nick will kill her? So she's not betraying Nick -- she's trying to set up the inevitable so that he can kill her without guilt?

• Love 1

I think this season has to end in Juliette's death. Everything seems to be leading towards a Buffylike ending where Nick has to sacrifice her. Is there any chance that Juliette has accepted already that the only way this can end well for Nick is with her death and she's setting this up deliberately so Nick will kill her? So she's not betraying Nick -- she's trying to set up the inevitable so that he can kill her without guilt?

A sacrifice would be the only way to 'redeem' her character, otherwise, she's just a poorly written character who's been forced into the villain role and it's sadly dragging the show down.  She's already doing more damage than Adalind has done and if she's responsible for the death(s) in the remaining episodes, then that's even more reason to get rid of her.

If Kenneth doesn't die or gets shipped on a bus, he will probably be eating up all of the screen time next season.

My theory, based on that picture, is that Kenneth is being arrested for the touted murder.  I'm assuming it is Kelly, which means she dies either in e21 or in the beginning of ep22.  Which also means that is not the big thing that is supposed to end this season.  Which means some other crap is going to come up--I'm hoping it is the ridiculous Jack the Ripper plot and not more Juliette (not that I'm a fan of the Jack the Ripper plot at all, but at least it has Sasha Roiz in it).

On another board, someone made the suggestion that Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio doesn't even actually show up--they use a double for her scenes (you only see her from the back) and then CGI her face from previous appearances and her death will happen basically off-camera (if she is actually the character that dies).  I don't know if that is true, but I do know that she is NOT currently listed in the casts for either 4.21 or 4.22 on IMDB.

But, back to Kenny Boy.  Him being arrested is not great news--it means he'll be in jail...in Portland...next season. Sigh.

My theory, based on that picture, is that Kenneth is being arrested for the touted murder.  I'm assuming it is Kelly, which means she dies either in e21 or in the beginning of ep22.  Which also means that is not the big thing that is supposed to end this season.  Which means some other crap is going to come up--I'm hoping it is the ridiculous Jack the Ripper plot and not more Juliette (not that I'm a fan of the Jack the Ripper plot at all, but at least it has Sasha Roiz in it).

On another board, someone made the suggestion that Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio doesn't even actually show up--they use a double for her scenes (you only see her from the back) and then CGI her face from previous appearances and her death will happen basically off-camera (if she is actually the character that dies).  I don't know if that is true, but I do know that she is NOT currently listed in the casts for either 4.21 or 4.22 on IMDB.

But, back to Kenny Boy.  Him being arrested is not great news--it means he'll be in jail...in Portland...next season. Sigh.

So she's not even in the episode where she might get killed off?  Well that's even cheaper than Henrietta getting killed off in a pathetic way.

As for Kenny, Idc, he's a generic baddy that could easily be replaced like all the other Royals.

• Love 1

So she's not even in the episode where she might get killed off?  Well that's even cheaper than Henrietta getting killed off in a pathetic way.

As for Kenny, Idc, he's a generic baddy that could easily be replaced like all the other Royals.

Well, we'll see about Kelly, but is looking like she won't actually be there for her own death.  I mean, MEE isn't contractually obligated to do anything for the show, so I could see it happening that they have to kill Kelly without her....

I agree with you about Kenny. There really isn't anything that interesting about him.  I miss James Frain.....

• Love 1